NATION

PASSWORD

The Last of Us: OOC (New Version/Semi-Alive?)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Strausberg
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Strausberg » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:15 pm

Terintania wrote:
New Strausberg wrote:
Well the ages are somewhat similar you can be there tell your...18 I belive I could be wrong then your sent to big town I think. And instead of trees they lived in a cave

My mistake all I really remember is that super annoying kid. Also the fact everyone in fallout can use freaking power armor what the heck!!!
Last edited by New Strausberg on Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Military Lands of the Scottish People
Senator

Founded: Jul 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:18 pm

Back from my bannishment!
If you need to contact me, the best way is through either joining the Cobalt Network Discord or adding me on it. My username is Hollywood #6420. I get on NS once or twice a week on average.

I have been on here for a while and I have came and went but this Region, Cobalt Network, its full of great people. I recommend you try to join it.
Proud Cobaltian Citizen, November 13, 2017 - Present

Minister of Internal Affairs, March 23rd, 2018 - October 13th, 2018 (two terms)
Vice President, January 16th, 2019 - May 8th, 2019 (One Term)
Recipient of the Cobalt Iron Cross during 2018s N Day.
I do not put a lot of effort here, in regards to my signature, I hope that does not make you think any less of me <3

Ameige
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:12 pm

Sorry I've been gone a while, had some family matters to take care of, but Im back for the moment unless something else arises.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:17 pm

Military Lands of the Scottish People wrote:Back from my bannishment!

Banishment?

Ameige wrote:Sorry I've been gone a while, had some family matters to take care of, but Im back for the moment unless something else arises.

No problems. Not much has happened lately.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Ameige
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:19 pm

Soo, I read about the little lamplights. Why are you guys in trees? Is there a shortage of caves around colorado springs that I dont know about?

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:20 pm

Ameige wrote:Soo, I read about the little lamplights. Why are you guys in trees? Is there a shortage of caves around colorado springs that I dont know about?

Because treehouses are cool, and the name is the only thing that's supposed to be ripping it off :P
Times are looking grim these days~

Saestea
Senator

Founded: Dec 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Saestea » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:34 pm

...I want a group with tanks and planes, but I don't know where to steal fuel from. xD
~Leaving NS as Saestea~

Ameige
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:36 pm

Saestea wrote:...I want a group with tanks and planes, but I don't know where to steal fuel from. xD

I dont know why you would. You wouldn't be able to use them. After 50 years of disuse, most if not all motorized vehicle's engines would be corroded and rusted, tires, including the tanks wheel tracks, would be rotted away, a plane's wings would be rusted into place as would the perpellers, and thats assuming the wheels and the adjoining metal legs holding up the plane havent allready rusted and corroded into nothingness. Not to mention, a tank's gun would not only be rusted into place so you couldnt turn it, plus all that time exposed to the elements, the gun itself would probably be rusted and clogged with nature junk.

Plus Im going to go on the assumption that after everything ended, a lot of people would probably have gone around wrecking things and just creating all sorts of havoc, because, why not? the world has ended, might as well make the best of it. So good chance most vehicles would have smashed windows and a bunch of dents and all sorts of dangerous injuries. I cant imagine planes would be spared that wrath. Tanks, well they're tanks. They can handle it. They just can't handle sitting somewhere for 50 years without any maintenance. Plus you dont have any fuel.
Last edited by Ameige on Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ameige
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:04 pm

Terintania wrote:
Ameige wrote:Soo, I read about the little lamplights. Why are you guys in trees? Is there a shortage of caves around colorado springs that I dont know about?

Because treehouses are cool, and the name is the only thing that's supposed to be ripping it off :P

Well allright, but if the little lamplighters decide to live in a cave, Im sure the cowdens would be happy to oblige. The daughters are amazing artists. Im sure they could find a billboard somewhere and make a weather worn, old crumbling ad to visit lamplight caverns and then go find a cave somewhere and put an old worn decrepit sign they made, hanging above it saying "welcome to lamplight caverns" or something like that. Maybe one of those cool little caverns with the glowing star dotted ceiling full of crystals or glow worms or something. Or those cool nature filled caverns from oddworld strangers wrath that look like a sparkly fairy forest inside a cave. That game was awesome!!

Saestea
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saestea » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:20 am

Ameige wrote:
Saestea wrote:...I want a group with tanks and planes, but I don't know where to steal fuel from. xD

I dont know why you would. You wouldn't be able to use them. After 50 years of disuse, most if not all motorized vehicle's engines would be corroded and rusted, tires, including the tanks wheel tracks, would be rotted away, a plane's wings would be rusted into place as would the perpellers, and thats assuming the wheels and the adjoining metal legs holding up the plane havent allready rusted and corroded into nothingness. Not to mention, a tank's gun would not only be rusted into place so you couldnt turn it, plus all that time exposed to the elements, the gun itself would probably be rusted and clogged with nature junk.

Plus Im going to go on the assumption that after everything ended, a lot of people would probably have gone around wrecking things and just creating all sorts of havoc, because, why not? the world has ended, might as well make the best of it. So good chance most vehicles would have smashed windows and a bunch of dents and all sorts of dangerous injuries. I cant imagine planes would be spared that wrath. Tanks, well they're tanks. They can handle it. They just can't handle sitting somewhere for 50 years without any maintenance. Plus you dont have any fuel.

Unless it's out in the open, it won't actually rust. I know a WWII tank storage that doesn't exactly need to maintain it's collection because the vehicles are kept from weather. Heat and rain. Some of them weren't restored and from 1944. They're still fine, and the M3 Stuart and the Sherman Firefly are still completely functional. The Firefly has a big hole in the rear of its turret that it got from a Panther G. Like I said, it still runs and can fire, but they don't do that anymore.

Planes, I don't know... If I did have any I'd have a hard time hauling them around anyway.
Aviation fuel is hard to find.
~Leaving NS as Saestea~

New Strausberg
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Strausberg » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:20 am

Well I have tanks and but no planes and I'm setting up oil plants in Texas sooooo yea
Well not tanks as in more than one, I should say tank being only one for now.
Last edited by New Strausberg on Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ameige
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:04 pm

Saestea wrote:
Ameige wrote:

Unless it's out in the open, it won't actually rust. I know a WWII tank storage that doesn't exactly need to maintain it's collection because the vehicles are kept from weather. Heat and rain. Some of them weren't restored and from 1944. They're still fine, and the M3 Stuart and the Sherman Firefly are still completely functional. The Firefly has a big hole in the rear of its turret that it got from a Panther G. Like I said, it still runs and can fire, but they don't do that anymore.

Planes, I don't know... If I did have any I'd have a hard time hauling them around anyway.

First off, after 50 years theres a good chance the building around the vehicles would have partially collapsed, thus exposing it to the elements. And even if not, theres rusty pipes, theres leaky roofs, windows break over time... Lots of things that would easily cause the tank or plane to rust. Trust me, I've seen a rusted plane inside a closed hanger before. It happens. All it takes is the building in disrepair and stuff will get inside and rust out the vehicles inside. 50 years, and wheels will have rotted, anything that makes the vehicle move, including the engine, will have rusted or corroded. Trust me, you wont find a working plane or tank unless you replace parts.

Secondly, theres a difference between being restored and being maintained. I dunno what tanks your talking about but I can assure you, some one is probably going into whatever building they are in and using something to keep them from rusting and getting gunked up. Some one is keeping the building in repairs and not letting it fall apart. That isnt going to be happening constantly over 50 years after the world ends, I assure you.

Ameige
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:24 pm

So whats happening with seattle? I read a few posts about it but Im still not sure about the surroundings. Is it just open, like you can drive right in, or is it quarintined and has a big fence or wall around it, or whats the deal there?

Also, to whomever is at the colorado springs airforce base, are you refering to nellis airforce base or something else?

Saestea
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saestea » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:22 am

Ameige wrote:
Saestea wrote:

First off, after 50 years theres a good chance the building around the vehicles would have partially collapsed, thus exposing it to the elements. And even if not, theres rusty pipes, theres leaky roofs, windows break over time... Lots of things that would easily cause the tank or plane to rust. Trust me, I've seen a rusted plane inside a closed hanger before. It happens. All it takes is the building in disrepair and stuff will get inside and rust out the vehicles inside. 50 years, and wheels will have rotted, anything that makes the vehicle move, including the engine, will have rusted or corroded. Trust me, you wont find a working plane or tank unless you replace parts.

Secondly, theres a difference between being restored and being maintained. I dunno what tanks your talking about but I can assure you, some one is probably going into whatever building they are in and using something to keep them from rusting and getting gunked up. Some one is keeping the building in repairs and not letting it fall apart. That isnt going to be happening constantly over 50 years after the world ends, I assure you.

:palm: That's right... 50 years... Can't believe I forgot that.
~Leaving NS as Saestea~

Saestea
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saestea » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:35 am

Too much rain... >.<

~Leaving NS as Saestea~

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:43 am

Ameige wrote:So whats happening with seattle? I read a few posts about it but Im still not sure about the surroundings. Is it just open, like you can drive right in, or is it quarintined and has a big fence or wall around it, or whats the deal there?

You can just go right in.

Also, to whomever is at the colorado springs airforce base, are you refering to nellis airforce base or something else?

United States Air Force Academy.
My Last.FM and RYM

Ameige
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:50 am

Saestea wrote:Too much rain... >.<

yay! swimming party! Which one is you?

Ameige
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:09 am

Character Application

Nation Name:Ameige

Single Person or Group: single person

Single Person Name: Merida Hackett

Single Person Equipment: 1.A small portable travel case filled with assorted small tech gear such as a pda, a palm pilot, a flash drive, digital camera, a cellphone and so forth. 2. several normal travel cases that would hold normal traveling kits such as a self manicure/pedicure set, assorted personal care items such as toothpaste and tooth brush and combs and mouth wash and deoderant and such. 3. Laptop & tablet. 4. assorted camping gear. 5. Large backpack with too many pockets that looks like she got it from an army surplus store. 6. old-fashioned police baton but with the extended handle of it that sticks out, being able to be retracted and pulled up into the base so your not being jabbed in the side with the handle whenever your walking about, and with the baton being super dense, like a solid metal baseball bat (not hollow), but still light weight and easily carriable. 7. both hand-held and gun tazers, 8. police speedometer gun, 9. several different types of water carrying devices, all with either water purification systems built in or with water purification packets nearby, 10. post apocalyptic kits, 11. assorted random supplies, 12. assorted books/magazines, 13. materials to do lots of things from laying traps for animals or people, to stuff to set up a camp site, ect... 14. assorted food and drink (mostly long expired), 15. chemical & plant based materials to make it less likely to get sick when eating expire food, 16. gear and clothing for various types of weather. 17. trapperkeeper and binders and other note carrying devices full of pre-war notes and ads and pamflets and tourist brochures and such. 18.medical supplies. 19. several changes of clothes. 20. slightly elongated ford pos with additions built in such as sunroofs in both front and backseats slightly bigger than normal, a tv screen that comes out of the ceiling, dvd player/cd player/casette player, various upper level car attributes like heated seats, full body airconditioning so its not just in the front, airbags all over, basically filled with all sorts of car gadgets, and also built-in with an oversized minifridge behind the back rest of the back middle of the back seats and a cooler/ice box under the bottom of the back seats. This ford pos looks almost identical to the one in the men in black series aside from it being a bit longer and the several dents in it and a few bullet holes and its long since lost its shine and sparkle coating and now looks somewhat dull and has special allterrain tires that can work in pretty much every type of landscape, even over tire popping spikes. And also has a small generator and a roadside kit in the trunk.

Fully waterproof outfit: stuffed-shouldered denim jacket with a forest ranger badge sewn into one shoulder and the umbrella corp logo/name sewn onto the other, the fallout enclave logo on the left breast and some random cigarette brand label sewn onto the lower hem center back and some intricate tribal symbol that covers about somewhere between %90-%95 of the back of the jacket. off-white button up business shirt (the easily soaked type that can quickly become transparent), MIB sunglasses, blue baseball cap with the vault-tec logo and name on it, tight ass hugging jeans, tennis shoes/sneakers with crew socks, a chronograph watch (the fancy expencive looking type with three clock faces on it and a metal block wristband). Also a dark grey or black bullet-proof vest with many pockets in the front and a few on the lower back, that is only worn whenever she needs to actually walk anywhere.

Group Ideology:N/A

Group/Person Location: On some worn old backroad somewhere in washington, heading toward seattle

Brief Summary on Group/Person:Born with a medical condition that made her stop growing once she hit age 14 & gave her abnormally dense bones, neither she nor her parents let that stop them from their life-long goal. To gather up as much digital data about the people of the past as possible. office memos on computers, messeges left on answering machines, audio recordings on voice recorders, home movies, ect... Things to remind them, and eventually others, of the world and the small, innocous people that no one ever heard of, that were here before the end of the world. She doesnt know what happened to her parents. Just that her father left one day to go into a nearby town to gather supplies and never returned. After awhile, getting concerned about his well-being, her mother went in as well, dragging her along. They got seperated shortly afterword and she never found either of them again.

She has long since pronounced them dead and did her best to move on. She is now just shy of 18 and just recently, after a year and a half, finnaly got down the general idea of driving. Enough that she wouldnt put herself or anyone else in danger at least. She has been traveling america from top to bottom, gathering as much intel on the random day-to-day 9-5 type people that made up a majority of the old world and was now on her way to another hotspot she had heard about on the west coast. Prehaps even a place to settle down after all these years of wandering and data collecting. A place called seattle.

Technology Summary: mostly pre-apocalypse tech

RP Example (Not really absolutely needed): This rp :P
Last edited by Ameige on Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:13 pm, edited 8 times in total.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:21 am

*Slinks my probably long-forgotten Vaxonian ass back in here*

Saestea
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saestea » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:30 am

Ameige wrote:
Saestea wrote:Too much rain... >.<

yay! swimming party! Which one is you?

*tilts head* None of those is me. xD
Those are Australian tourists making the best out of Manila's floods. ^.^
~Leaving NS as Saestea~

Ameige
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:17 am

So who all is in or near seattle right now in the rp?

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:57 am

The V O I D wrote:*Slinks my probably long-forgotten Vaxonian ass back in here*

New Vaxon?

Ameige wrote:So who all is in or near seattle right now in the rp?

I was trying to give the one guy I can't remember the name of at the moment the opportunity to do a post with my character, but activity-wise, only my characters. You got Abigail, and then Robert and his daughter who are about an hour 1/2 from Seattle (Driving time). That's about it.
My Last.FM and RYM

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:59 pm

Corrian wrote:
The V O I D wrote:*Slinks my probably long-forgotten Vaxonian ass back in here*

New Vaxon?

Ameige wrote:So who all is in or near seattle right now in the rp?

I was trying to give the one guy I can't remember the name of at the moment the opportunity to do a post with my character, but activity-wise, only my characters. You got Abigail, and then Robert and his daughter who are about an hour 1/2 from Seattle (Driving time). That's about it.

Ja.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:05 pm

The V O I D wrote:Ja.

Your group is still open for you. I haven't touched it. I pondered doing something with the group but never did.
My Last.FM and RYM

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:12 pm

Corrian wrote:
The V O I D wrote:Ja.

Your group is still open for you. I haven't touched it. I pondered doing something with the group but never did.

I feel like it'd be awkward to RP as that group, seeing as I remember nothing about it...
can we just say they died, and then I can app as a new group to replace them with?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse