NATION

PASSWORD

Inter-Species Relationships in Your Nation

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Well...?

Yes, including marriage.
48%
Yes, but no marriage.
6%
Yes, but there is some discrimination.
11%
No.
10%
No, and there are severe penalties.
7%
No, and people have been killed for trying.
18%

Total votes : 221

Chaos Crescent
Minister

Founded: Feb 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Chaos Crescent » Thu May 20, 2010 5:03 pm

Well if the leader (human) of SKD of CC is married to a doggirl and catgirl I'd say that there is no problem with inter species relationships.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
Mind what people do, not only what they say, for deeds will betray a lie. Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self.
Fun^10 x int^40=ir2
Timeline
I am your delusion.
Galactic Economic and Security Organization Member?

New Garzah
Minister

Founded: Apr 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New Garzah » Thu May 20, 2010 5:35 pm

NS Gregaria wrote:IC:

I am a human being myself, but my two children are both Aelfborn, which is local terminology describing Half-Elves.

Why do you ask?

~ Secretary of State Nancy J. Munden

I ask because I happen to be a Gelzeh, and we have had enough with arrogant humans (that is, humans who are arrogant).
It's very refreshing to meet a sensible human.
Arda Tuluva: I wonder how my society survives sometimes. Then I think, it survives becasue it must, because of tradition.

If Murphy's Law is correct, everything east of the San Andreas Fault will slide into the Atlantic.

Sentient basketballs are the shit, yo.

NS Gregaria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby NS Gregaria » Thu May 20, 2010 5:44 pm

New Garzah wrote:I ask because I happen to be a Gelzeh, and we have had enough with arrogant humans (that is, humans who are arrogant).

Rest assured, we are out there, and plentiful enough. The idiots just speak louder, on average.

I will confess at this moment, however, that I am not in the least familiar with your own species.

It's just Gregaria...
Verah Funny:
Senestrum wrote:Well, we can always throw some rocks if we really have to...

TurtleShroom
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby TurtleShroom » Thu May 20, 2010 5:46 pm

The three species are governed seperately.

HUMANS: outlawed, and the punishment for sex with an a non-human- even a sentient one -is death. Humans may not mate with anything but other humans of the opposite gender. This is religiously referred to as "the sanctity of man and beast", and a sign of the religious stronghold that grips the country. Humans are viewed as superior with "dominion" over all creatures. Even though TurtleShroom ironically flips this order, the man-beast thing is still rigidly enforced.

TURTLES: any turtle or tortoise may mate with any other turtle or tortoise of the opposite gender. However, if they are not of the same taxonomic genus, they can't have babies, and turtle hybrids are infertile (like mules).

Mushrooms do not have gender and reproduce asexually. Therefore, there is no relationship.

Human-animal hybrids (such as cat-girls/Neokomi) are allowed in TurtleShroom, as long as they were not procreated in the country, but they have to wear (provided) garments to conceal their non-human features.
Last edited by TurtleShroom on Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE FUTURE
IS IN THE
PAST!!

Jesus Loves You and Died for You!!
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ש✞ש▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
NationStates' only surviving States' Rights Democrat/Dixiecrat (minus the rascism)!

New Garzah
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Garzah » Thu May 20, 2010 5:47 pm

TurtleShroom wrote:The three species are governed seperately.

HUMANS: outlawed, and the punishment for sex with an a non-human- even a sentient one -is banishment from the country for the couple. Humans may not mate with anything but other humans of the opposite gender. This is religiously referred to as "the sanctity of man and beast", and a sign of the religious stronghold that grips the country. Humans are viewed as superior with "dominion" over all creatures. Even though TurtleShroom ironically flips this order, the man-beast thing is still rigidly enforced.

TURTLES: any turtle or tortoise may mate with any other turtle or tortoise of the opposite gender. However, if they are not of the same taxonomic genus, they can't have babies, and turtle hybrids are infertile (like mules).

Mushrooms do not have gender and reproduce asexually. Therefore, there is no relationship.

Human-animal hybrids (such as cat-girls/Neokomi) are allowed in TurtleShroom, as long as they were not procreated in the country, but they have to wear (provided) garments to conceal their non-human features.

There is something wrong with you, Turtle Soup.
Arda Tuluva: I wonder how my society survives sometimes. Then I think, it survives becasue it must, because of tradition.

If Murphy's Law is correct, everything east of the San Andreas Fault will slide into the Atlantic.

New Garzah
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Garzah » Thu May 20, 2010 5:49 pm

NS Gregaria wrote:
New Garzah wrote:I ask because I happen to be a Gelzeh, and we have had enough with arrogant humans (that is, humans who are arrogant).

Rest assured, we are out there, and plentiful enough. The idiots just speak louder, on average.

I will confess at this moment, however, that I am not in the least familiar with your own species.

We are a race from a different galaxy (there are humans there, too. I have found that humans are actually as widespread as rats), where we lived for 3 billion years. Then, The War started, and.... well, the humans won, to say the least.

New Amerik
Powerbroker

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby New Amerik » Thu May 20, 2010 5:53 pm

New Garzah wrote:
NS Gregaria wrote:

We are a race from a different galaxy (there are humans there, too. I have found that humans are actually as widespread as rats), where we lived for 3 billion years. Then, The War started, and.... well, the humans won, to say the least.

We think you'll find that us humans are one of the best when it comes to rampant dickery, ignoring of sanity and reason, and being manipulative bastards in general. That's why we're everywhere! We're GOOD at what we do!
The Basics of New Amerik
Factbook | Portfolio | Resurrection Offered (Storefront) | Embassy
Founder of the ROUS
*NALOW 5 = Open Peace
NALOW 4 =
NALOW 3 = Defensive Actions
NALOW 2 = Open War
NALOW 1 = Total War
NALOW 0 = Blackout

New Garzah
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Garzah » Thu May 20, 2010 5:54 pm

New Amerik wrote:
New Garzah wrote:
NS Gregaria wrote:

We think you'll find that us humans are one of the best when it comes to rampant dickery, ignoring of sanity and reason, and being manipulative bastards in general. That's why we're everywhere! We're GOOD at what we do!

Oh, yes! Absolutely! I'm glad you see it from our point of view!

New Amerik
Powerbroker

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby New Amerik » Thu May 20, 2010 5:57 pm

New Garzah wrote:
New Amerik wrote:
New Garzah wrote:
NS Gregaria wrote:

.....And that's why we're studying how to capture and command Elder Gods, raise the dead, and tear big holes in reality!
The Basics of New Amerik
Factbook | Portfolio | Resurrection Offered (Storefront) | Embassy
Founder of the ROUS
*NALOW 5 = Open Peace
NALOW 4 =
NALOW 3 = Defensive Actions
NALOW 2 = Open War
NALOW 1 = Total War
NALOW 0 = Blackout

New Garzah
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Garzah » Thu May 20, 2010 5:59 pm

New Amerik wrote:
New Garzah wrote:
New Amerik wrote:
New Garzah wrote:
NS Gregaria wrote:

.....And that's why we're studying how to capture and command Elder Gods, raise the dead, and tear big holes in reality!

Don't worry about the third thing, because there's a gaping hole in our galaxy! I just feel bad for the poor souls left back there...

Herminia
Minister

Founded: Jul 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Herminia » Thu May 20, 2010 6:30 pm

"Inter?! Species?! RELATIONSHIP??!!! Ach, I've never HEARD of such an appalling thing! Needless to say, this kind of pathetic display of one's desperateness and willing to go any lengths for a relationship or at LEAST a date is BANNED, totally and completely. All fools who are caught displaying this pathetic show of weakness are either forced into hard labor to construct buildings, roads, and such to improve the Reich's infrastructure or are PUT TO DEATH, quickly and painlessly!"
~Heimlich Holler, Head of the SS
Last edited by Herminia on Thu May 20, 2010 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No, in RL, I'm not a Nazi, I'm just an ordinary guy who knows the true politics behind it.
New Nicksyllvania wrote:Long live the Empire! A thousand Huzzahs for Herminia, and may our most esteemed Chancellor, the handsome devil, die a most noble and courageous death soon!

Canadai wrote:Seeing that, in a modern setting, scares the @#!*% out of me.

I have to say, you're by far the best at RPing a modern Nazi nation I've seen. Right down to the national motto.

in Herminia, gays are given the honour of executing communists

you truly are an enlightened nation

Zis nation has elements of magic, oppressed Nichtmenschen, and Nazi Super Science, zere is no realism with me

NS Gregaria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby NS Gregaria » Thu May 20, 2010 6:33 pm

Herminia wrote:"Inter?! Species?! Relationship??!!! Ach, I've never HEARD of such an appalling thing! Needless to say, this kind of pathetic display of one's desperateness and willing to go any lengths for a relationship or at LEAST a date is BANNED, totally and completely. All fools who are caught displaying this pathetic show of weakness are either forced into hard labor to construct buildings, roads, and such to improve the Reich's infrastructure or are PUT TO DEATH, quickly and painlessly!"
~Heimlich Holler, Head of the SS

I will be adding your name to the Travel Advisory List now, with an indefinite listing period. Thank you for this cooperation.

I am also authorized to inform those interested that Gregaria is extending asylum to all persons who may be affected by this law who can reach legally Gregarian territory, a definition which includes ships and aircraft.

Last edited by NS Gregaria on Thu May 20, 2010 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's just Gregaria...
Verah Funny:

Herminia
Minister

Founded: Jul 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Herminia » Thu May 20, 2010 6:36 pm

"Gladly, although you'll find that number of emigrants from Herminia are pitifully few, due to the tight security of our borders, and our citizens' unwillingness to go to all that trouble."
~Erwin Riventrop, Foreign Minister
No, in RL, I'm not a Nazi, I'm just an ordinary guy who knows the true politics behind it.
New Nicksyllvania wrote:Long live the Empire! A thousand Huzzahs for Herminia, and may our most esteemed Chancellor, the handsome devil, die a most noble and courageous death soon!

Canadai wrote:Seeing that, in a modern setting, scares the @#!*% out of me.

I have to say, you're by far the best at RPing a modern Nazi nation I've seen. Right down to the national motto.

in Herminia, gays are given the honour of executing communists

you truly are an enlightened nation

Zis nation has elements of magic, oppressed Nichtmenschen, and Nazi Super Science, zere is no realism with me

NS Gregaria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby NS Gregaria » Thu May 20, 2010 6:41 pm

Herminia wrote:"Gladly, although you'll find that number of emigrants from Herminia are pitifully few, due to the tight security of our borders, and our citizens' unwillingness to go to all that trouble."
~Erwin Riventrop, Foreign Minister

Even so, we will assist those who can be assisted. Each one rescued from such barbarism as you call law is a victory. If any need money to make the journey, we may well be willing to provide it.

I am instructed by my superior, President Walter J. Rogers, that one Heimlich Holler, Head of the Herminian SS, is now persona non grata in the United States, and should he at any time be found on legally Gregarian territory, he will be subject to immediate arrest.

He will then be brought to stand trial for crimes against sentient life.

It's just Gregaria...
Verah Funny:

Israslovakahzerbajan
Powerbroker

Founded: May 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Israslovakahzerbajan » Thu May 20, 2010 8:47 pm

Chaos Crescent wrote:Well if the leader (human) of SKD of CC is married to a doggirl and catgirl I'd say that there is no problem with inter species relationships.

That's some harem your leader has.
IC name: El Reino Panamericano/El Reino de La Dorada
IC Flag: Follow this link

México-Americano, por nacimiento. Nacionalista de mi país adoptivo: México.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:
Oh, I bet it counts alright...otaku gets anyone a x50 multiplier on their hell points.

Chaos Crescent
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chaos Crescent » Thu May 20, 2010 8:49 pm

Israslovakahzerbajan wrote:
Chaos Crescent wrote:Well if the leader (human) of SKD of CC is married to a doggirl and catgirl I'd say that there is no problem with inter species relationships.

Damn straight! He's not the only one but its not that common.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
Mind what people do, not only what they say, for deeds will betray a lie. Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self.
Fun^10 x int^40=ir2
Timeline
I am your delusion.
Galactic Economic and Security Organization Member?

Israslovakahzerbajan
Powerbroker

Founded: May 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Israslovakahzerbajan » Thu May 20, 2010 8:51 pm

Chaos Crescent wrote:
Israslovakahzerbajan wrote:

Damn straight! He's not the only one but its not that common.

OOC: That explains your flag.
IC name: El Reino Panamericano/El Reino de La Dorada
IC Flag: Follow this link

México-Americano, por nacimiento. Nacionalista de mi país adoptivo: México.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:
Oh, I bet it counts alright...otaku gets anyone a x50 multiplier on their hell points.

Imeriata
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 02, 2009
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Imeriata » Thu May 20, 2010 10:54 pm

He does not mean that. Imeriata believes to let sentient non-humans rule themselves is "cruel" and "oppressive," deluding themselves in to believing they are doing right by enslaving them.

First from Column A, and then from Column B...

As is our duty to our inferior cousins, but you seem to be unable to grasp that what we do is for their benefit as they are not evolved enough to handle that task themselves. And without proper government will they descend into chaos so even if it sadden us and even at the expense of our own life in many cases are we willing to do what is right and help them.
~ Lord Daniel auf Arnbirg of the royal foreign relation advisory

New Garzah wrote:Then the mistaken filth-beasts shall die. Simple as that.

This is a perfect example why our inferior cousins need our guidance, as soon as they fill insulted or otherwise contraindicated do the savages immediately raise arms and begins to shout. All in all is it a clear case of inferiority depression.
embassy program| IIWiki |The foreign units of the royal guard |The royal merchant guilds official storefront! (Now with toys)

So what? Let me indulge my oversized ego for a moment!
Astralsideria wrote:You, sir, are the greatest who ever did set foot upon this earth. If there were an appropriate emoticon, I would take my hat off to you.

Altamirus wrote:^War! War! I want to see 18th century soldiers go up againist flaming cats! Do it Imeriata! Do it Now!

Ramsetia wrote:
Imeriata wrote:you would think that you could afford better looking hussar uniforms for all that money...

Of course, Imeriata focuses on the important things in life.

Willing to help with all your MS paint related troubles.
Things I dislikes: Everything.

Techno-Soviet
Senator

Founded: Jan 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Techno-Soviet » Thu May 20, 2010 11:21 pm

TurtleShroom wrote:*snip evil religious commies*

Its the exact opposite here, except for the mushroom and turtle thing, although Creole turtle soups and mushrooms are common dishes in some Soviet restaurants.

D:<
[align=center]Economic Tyranny/Libertarian: 6.38
Social Libertarian/Tyranny: -3.33

The Nuclear Fist
Post Czar

Founded: May 02, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Nuclear Fist » Thu May 20, 2010 11:25 pm

Imeriata wrote:

He does not mean that. Imeriata believes to let sentient non-humans rule themselves is "cruel" and "oppressive," deluding themselves in to believing they are doing right by enslaving them.

First from Column A, and then from Column B...

As is our duty to our inferior cousins, but you seem to be unable to grasp that what we do is for their benefit as they are not evolved enough to handle that task themselves. And without proper government will they descend into chaos so even if it sadden us and even at the expense of our own life in many cases are we willing to do what is right and help them.

New Garzah wrote:Then the mistaken filth-beasts shall die. Simple as that.

This is a perfect example why our inferior cousins need our guidance, as soon as they fill insulted or otherwise contraindicated do the savages immediately raise arms and begins to shout. All in all is it a clear case of inferiority depression.

all of you humans are inferior wastes of space compared to the sentient machines.
Last edited by The Nuclear Fist on Thu May 20, 2010 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[23:24] <Marquesan> I have the feeling that all the porn videos you watch are like...set to Primus' music, Ulysses.
Farnhamia wrote:You're getting a little too fond of the jerkoff motions.
And you touch the distant beaches with tales of brave Ulysses. . .
THE ABSOLUTTM MADMAN ESCAPES JUSTICE ONCE MORE

Imeriata
Postmaster-General

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Imeriata » Thu May 20, 2010 11:49 pm

The Nuclear Fist wrote:all of you humans are inferior wastes of space compared to the sentient machines.

Firstly, sentient machines are not a life form secondly who would even get the idea of making machines sentient? That would severely hinder them in their true task; to do their masters biding. So in conclusion is a sentient machine nothing more than a computer malfunction and by no way entitled to question humanity's given rule.
embassy program| IIWiki |The foreign units of the royal guard |The royal merchant guilds official storefront! (Now with toys)

Astralsideria wrote:You, sir, are the greatest who ever did set foot upon this earth. If there were an appropriate emoticon, I would take my hat off to you.

Altamirus wrote:^War! War! I want to see 18th century soldiers go up againist flaming cats! Do it Imeriata! Do it Now!

Ramsetia wrote:
Imeriata wrote:you would think that you could afford better looking hussar uniforms for all that money...

The Adrian Empire
Senator

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Adrian Empire » Thu May 20, 2010 11:55 pm

The Adrian Empire does not feel it necessary to interfere with the lives of it's citizen by barring consenting relationships of any kind, as such the Adrian Empire is very accepting of inter-species relationships. The Emperor himself is in fact engaged to marry the Princess of the Elven Kingdom of Solaria, which will be the first non-human in the Imperial bloodline.

Interspecies relationships are fairly common in the Empire, particularly among races that can successfully reproduce together (such as Humans and Elves, Elves and Kharisians, and Half-Elve Kharisians with Humans), and ones that can do so with simple genetic engineering procedures. The most common interspecies marriages are between Humans and Merians (Elves) representing more then 70% of all interspecies marriages, then Humans and Kharisians (Nekos), then Elves and Kharisians, then Golarians and Ranideans, then Asari and Humans/Elves. There is no real stigma attached to interspecies marriage particularly between Humans, Elves, Kharisian and Asari all of whom can sucessfully hybridize with minimal genetic therapy for the child, these are both common and well accepted, mostly do to the franternity that Humans feel with the Elves, and the physiological similarities between them and the Kharisian and Asari.

Romantic interspecies traditions started first with the Elves (or Merians as they call themselves) and Humans are long-standing, the first records of interspecies marriages and off-spring come from shortly after the First Contact War, when the Empire rescued the Elven Kingdoms from destruction, it is also based on our very similar physiology and the remarkable ability for Merians and Humans to successfully hybridize, remarkable being that we were created on separate planets millions of light years apart.

With regards to religious views, the amazing discovery of the similarities between Human and Elven worship, including the Elven Monotheistic Church of the Elder One (called "Yaa Wei" in the Elven Language) and our ability to reproduce successfully together has led most Adrians including the Catholic Church of Adria to declare that the Elves, worship the same God (which the ECEO and most other Christian/Muslim and Jewish organizations also concurred), thus matrimony between our two species was ordained by God.
With other species the line is blurred however and some notable churches will only ordain Human-Merian marriages, sometimes including Human/Elve-Kharisian Marriages and Human-Asari, refusing to marry man with beasts, but most accept any sentient species that wish to marry.

Minister of Health, Doctor Silvio Augustus Vitalloni

From the Desk of His Excellency, Emperor Kyle Cicero Argentis
Region Inc. "Selling Today for a Brighter Tomorrow"
"What is the Price of Prosperity? Eternal Vigilance"
Let's call it Voluntary Government Minarchism
Economic: Left/Right (9.5)
Social: Authoritarian/Libertarian (-2.56)
Sibirsky wrote:
Lackadaisical2 wrote:The Adrian Empire is God.

Oh of course. But not to the leftists.

Faith Hope Charity wrote:I would just like to take this time to say... The Adrian Empire is awesome.
First imagine the 1950's in space, add free market capitalism, aliens, orcs, elves and magic, throw in some art-deco cities, the Roman Empire and finish with the Starship Troopers' Federation
The Imperial Factbook| |Census 2010

Nerezzath
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 30, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Nerezzath » Fri May 21, 2010 1:08 am

In 1912, quay were granted identical rights of sexual consent to humans, including the right to consent to sex with humans from the age of sixteen years.

Although marriage is not officially recognised by the state, quay and humans may obtain Monogamous Partnership legislative agreements which entitle them to compensation for remaining in a proper loving relationship, in the same way as humans and humans, or quay and quay.

With the founding of IPPETASP, Nerezzath replaced 'humans and quay' in law with 'humans and NHSS' although prior to this, there were no prosecutions for human/neko or similar relationships.

The President himself is involved in a homosexual monogamous relationship with Cyrica di Vaio, quay delegate to the IPPETASP summit. Cyrica had previously (illegally) been in some provocative pin-up shots for gay quay magazines in Nerezzath.

Despite its legality, however, it does have opposition, particularly from the Catholic community and many old-fashioned or conservative humans.
Last edited by Nerezzath on Fri May 21, 2010 3:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
Yours Faithfully,
Gideon Mortecca
Executive, Nerezzath Information Archive Co
Government: None
Current Wars: None
DefCon Level: 3
Economic Left/Right: 9.76
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -9.66
[ nswiki | sunset | ippetasp | cities of nerezzath | dreamgrowers supercasinos | dpu delazianplutonium storefront | advertise at odioarena ]

NS Gregaria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby NS Gregaria » Fri May 21, 2010 5:28 am

Inferiority depression? I would call it more a case of wanting to destroy a threat against themselves in the form of a pack of inbred people intent on enslaving them.

Your mental simplicity is amusing but at the same time horrendously disheartening. If you ever try to thus "help" the non-humans living in my homeland, rest assured, it will be at the expense of your own lives.

It's just Gregaria...
Verah Funny:

Imeriata
Postmaster-General

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Imeriata » Fri May 21, 2010 6:01 am

NS Gregaria wrote:
Inferiority depression? I would call it more a case of wanting to destroy a threat against themselves in the form of a pack of inbred people intent on enslaving them.

Your mental simplicity is amusing but at the same time horrendously disheartening. If you ever try to thus "help" the non-humans living in my homeland, rest assured, it will be at the expense of your own lives.

Actually is inferiority depression proved and well documented by the royal science advisory. As for your cowardly unwillingness to help your poor cousins that are forced to compete whit their betters on equal terms that they can't be expected to keep up with and given responsibility they are not ready to handle are it quite saddening that you are willing to both kill your brothers and sisters of the same species that would bring the natural order this world so desperately need so you can prevent your non-humans to live as they were destined to do. It is because people like you the world is in the horrible state it is today.

Ramsetia wrote:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information