NATION

PASSWORD

Introduction of Fire (Baptism of Fire 38)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Inabi
Envoy

Founded: Feb 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Inabi » Sun May 09, 2010 6:23 pm

SPORTS
Inabian National Football Team Scorers and Injury Report

RAHLIA, QUINTESSENCE OF DUST - During the second half, #4 Kang Min-Woo performed a slide tackle in order to try and take the ball away from a Sierra Apathian player. What happened afterwards was quick and gruesome. The Sierra Apathian player accidentally hooked on to Min-Woo's leg after the collision, twisting Min-Woo's leg in ways that it should not normally be twisted. Although there has been no official reports from the team on the severity of the injury, you honestly do not need to be a doctor to determine that the injury was indeed a serious one. The Head Coach picked out #8 Park Hyung-Jae to play in Min-Woo's place. The Head Coach has not made any official decisions, but by seeing as how decisive he was in choosing Hyung-Jae to replace Min-Woo, it appears that he is there to stay.

Inabi Top Goal Scorers

- ST Kim Chul-Soon (5 Goals)
    - ST Yeom Keon-Hoon (3 Goals)
    - LM Park Soon-Hak (2 Goals)
    - CM Baek Chong-Gug (2 Goals)
    - CAM Kim Il-Sung (1 Goal)
Last edited by Inabi on Mon May 10, 2010 12:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Lord Protector's State of Inabi
DEFCON: 5 l [4] l 3 l 2 l 1
NSEconomy ll Pact with Vostria ll Inabi Factbook
Satellites: Parodoxial, Piral, and The Ignorant Peoples
Conflicts: Windica-Inabi War (Victory)

Inabi
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Inabi » Sun May 09, 2010 6:54 pm

SPORTS
Inabian National Football Team Segment from Inabi Sports Central

Ryu Dong-Hwan: And now we move onto football. The Inabian National Football Team has been on a roll since the start of the Introduction to Fire. Man oh man, just look at the charts! The first time we played against Sierra Apathia, they scored twice against us. Twice! Looks like the defense was still tripping over their feet. But now, just look at them now! Three shutout games in a row! They've really redeemed themselves, don't you think Jun-Soo?

Gal Jun-Soo: If there is anything I'm going to agree with you, it's that you talk way too much. Sure, sure, the team won 2-0 against Sierra Apathia this time, but the last game, they had scored 5 goals. They let two in, sure, but they made up for it with five goals. Now we've downsized to two goals. The last two games, they' scored three goals, two less then the first game. They just seem to be getting lower and lower. Now the defense, they're doing a fantastic job! Yeah, they let two goals in the first game. Let's see you go out there and play some defense.

Ryu Dong-Hwan: H-hey, I played some football in my day!

Gal Jun-Soo: Yeah, now the question is, did you play well.

Ryu Dong-Hwan: That's not the point anyways! The point is, the defense has started to get better, right? The offense, eh, they seem to be slowing down. Either that, or the other team has started to switch up their defense a little bit to try and face off against us. I mean, who wouldn't? We're a pretty great team you know.

Gal Jun-Soo: Try and change up their de-, for God's sake, they haven't even released their roster names yet!

Ryu Dong-Hwan: I'd be secretive too if I knew I was going to play against the Inabian National Football Team.

Gal Jun-Soo: Whatever, continuing on from the ass-kissing portion of this segment, let's talk about what happened last game.

Ryu Dong-Hwan: What's there to talk about? It was a great game! The goal by Kim Chul-Soon, once again. He whizzed by like, what, three defenders? Right after that, he clinched it right on the top bar to go in. He's scored in, pretty much, every single game! He's an unbelievable asset to the team. I'd say he carries a good part of the team on his shoulders. There's also that goal by the hot-tempered Kim Il-Sung. He's been making news ever since that first yellow card he got not too far back. It looks like the Head Coach finally straightened him out, like any good coach should.

Gal Jun-Soo: I thought I said we'd continue on from the ass-kissing portion of this segment? Anyways, there's also been some news on the field. In the second half, Kang Min-Woo injured himself after during a slide tackle after he collided with a Sierra Apathian player. The details are sketchy, but it appears that something is wrong with his leg. The team hasn't released official information on whether or not he will be able to play next game, but the coach put in Park Hyung-Jae after the injury. It seems that Hyung-Jae will be the new started if Min-Woo is out for a long time.

Ryu Dong-Hwan: Of course, this might seriously hurt the team. Losing on of the starters, in the qualifying for the top 16. We haven't even made it all the way yet!

Gal Jun-Soo: You forget to realize that all the players selected for the Inabian National Football Team are the best players from their club.

Ryu Dong-Hwan: Yeah, but he wasn't good enough to make starter, was he?

Gal Jun-Soo: You also forget that he could school you anyday.

Ryu Dong-Hwan: Do you always have to pull that card out?

Gal Jun-Soo: Of course! It's my favorite part about being on this show with you. Continuing on, again, with only two more games to go, how do you think the team will do?

Ryu Dong-Hwan: Great! Like always. We've already pretty much clinched a spot in the top 16, even if we lose the last two games. Which, of course, we won't. I suspect that, with the combined last two games, we'll have scored at least eight more goals.

Gal Jun-Soo: Don't get too cocky, you know what happens to the overconfident?

Ryu Dong-Hwan: They usually win?

Gal Jun-Soo: Tch, yeah, go with that. Anyways, this is all the time we have for tonight. Thank you for joining us at Inabi Sports Central, and putting up with Ryu Dong-Hwan.

Ryu Dong-Hwan: Hey, I don't take kindly to tha- [/camera fades to black]

Hassett
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 11, 2009
Anarchy

Postby Hassett » Sun May 09, 2010 7:10 pm

Scene from locker room after Hassett-Western Cuba match:

"Westen Cuba. Western Cuba!" exclaims Hassett, the team's captain, coach, and national emperor. "How did we lose to Western Cuba, the last ranked team in our bracket? We pulverized them 5-1 earlier this week, yet we lose 3-1 earlier today. I know the problem, you'd thought they were a pushover, you didn't take them seriously, you were all drunk. None of you could walk in a straight line, for example, look at our number one scoring play,"

"Now look at what you guys ran,"

"Don't you see the problem? We cannot accept another defeat if we want any chance of winning this cup. Damn. Now if you excuse me, I've got to hit the pubs in preparation for our next match."
Black and Yellow
Economic Left/Right: 8.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82
-Former United States
-Hassett: A History through Flags

Zarbli
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Zarbli » Sun May 09, 2010 7:34 pm

"Coach?"

"Gabriel."

"Coach, Ah..."

"Speak, man."

"Ah can't play th' next match."

"Hm. Why's that?"

"Ah don' know, is just... Ah'm not playin' well. Th' balls're passin' through mah hands, Ah can't hold 'em, Ah get tired fast..."

"I see. Request denied, go to sleep, we have a big game tomorrow."

"Ah'm sorry?"

"Now, listen to me, you Gabriel F*cking Kasapa. Best Goalkeeper of Zarbli for the past I don't know how much years. You're a legend, you're the base of the defensive system. And you're a leader. So you get on your goddamn, go out there tomorrow and play as you play every freaking day. I trust you."

"But..."

"No but. Let's make a deal.You'll play tomorrow and we'll see how it goeas. I believe in you, and so does everyone else in the team."

"Ah... thanks, coach."

"No problem. Just stop those annoying strikers of them and we're even."

"NO REVENGE!"

The coach was trying to calm down their players, thirsty, nervous, about the upcoming match agains the only team that had beaten them so far.

"Listen to me, people, there's no such thing as revenchism in this team, alright? If you go up there with revenge in your minds you'll forget the mmost important thing: football. Let us learn from our mistakes from the first match against Mount Shavano and do things different. We'll start with the same eleven that played so well in the last two games. We'll do our jobs and we'll win!"

"YEAH!" They roared. Uiliam Ualace then entered the circle the other players formed and begun his fast speech:

"REVAAAAAAAAAANGE!!!"

The players went mad, and hurried, screaming, to the field.

The coach sighed.
The United Nations of Zarbli
NEW PARLIAMENT ELECTED!

NSWiki entry (still unfinished) | Map | Coat of Arms
Long Live the Queen!

CHECK OUT MY WEBCOMIC: Português | English

Senzymnia
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Senzymnia » Sun May 09, 2010 7:42 pm

Senzymnia Dispatch Online

If ties are like kissing your sister, we're finally not so intimate with ours

Carlos Pereira scored two goals, Robert Warckle made ten saves, and Senzymnia got their second straight clean sheet in a 2-0 win over Kazzoria.

Pereira, the only Senzymnian to score in international play, brought his total up to five goals. When asked about why Pereira is the only one to score so far, manager Marcus Pseudolus Augustus said that "Senzymnia's attacking strategy is to penetrate down the sides, do overlaps and such, cross it into the box, and get a head on it. In this setup, yes, Pereira is a main target, but our midfielders like Rebecca could score just as easily. And they most likely will by the tournament's end."

Warckle had an excellent game, which included one penalty kick save, a breakaway stop, and time and time again stopping the Kazzorian attack.

Senzymnia next faces Dimoniquid, who leads the group at 3-1-0 and whom Senzymnia tied 1-1 the first time around. "We're just picking up steam," Rebecca Laurence said, "and we can beat them. We really can."

Mount Shavano
Minister

Founded: Jan 04, 2008
Corporate Bordello

Postby Mount Shavano » Sun May 09, 2010 9:28 pm

BILLY: "The excitement has been steadily building here in Zyarn ever since the tournament kicked off. The first games consisted of teams new to the international stage and help the excitement of the unknown. But, now that we have reached day five of the tournament we have a situation much more familiar to sports fans the nation over. Two teams, now with a history, go head to head with the playoffs on the line."

JOE: "The air in Eli F. Baker Memorial Arena is charged with energy. You can feel the excitement as the teams take the field. The crowd in Harbor Grove is roaring. Mount Shavano has a chance to take a clinching lead in the Pear Group, while Zarbli looks to steal a share of first place after a disappointing game two trouncing at the hands of this very same FRR team."

BILLY: "The man of the hour is goalkeeper Robert Anderson. Four straight games without allowing a goal has made him instantly the biggest superstar in Shavanese soccer. Can he keep up the streak? We're about to find out."

JOE: "One thing that is very, very different from previous games in this tournament tonight is expectations. No one, not the fans or the teams, came in knowing how things would unfold. Now, Mount Shavano has established itself, at least the eyes of fans and media, as one of the teams to beat in not just the group but the tournament. Robert Anderson was once famously quoted as saying that he 'hated to be the favorite', and we'll see how it plays out for him tonight."

BILLY: "Both sides are now on the field. Mount Shavano will be going left to right on your screens, and Zarbli to kick first. The referee has blown his whistle...and may the best team win!"
The Federation of Mount Shavano
Consul Morgan Dawson
Capital : San Angelo
The Cowboy Angel Rides

Quintessence of Dust
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 21, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Quintessence of Dust » Mon May 10, 2010 6:05 am

MD5 cutoff.

Persimmon Group

Tonarius 2-2 Vjiay
Negative Katana 2-1 Khytenna
 Pos  Team                       P   W   D   L   GF   GA   GD  Pts
1 Vjiay 5 2 3 0 12 7 5 9
2 Tonarius 5 2 1 2 10 7 3 7
3 Negative Katana 5 1 3 1 6 8 -2 6
4 Khytenna 5 1 1 3 3 9 -6 4

Almond Group

Dennisov 2-0 Zenethj
Hillpiece 3-1 Vyknov
1 Dennisov 5 4 0 1 8 3 5 12
2 Hillpiece 5 3 0 2 9 10 -1 9
3 Zenethj 5 2 0 3 10 9 1 6
4 Vyknov 5 1 0 4 4 9 -5 3

Fig Group

Western Cuba 1-1 The Shinnian Islands
South Norwega 0-0 Hassett
1 Hassett 5 2 2 1 9 5 4 8
2 South Norwega 5 2 2 1 6 6 0 8
3 The Shinnian Islands 5 1 3 1 6 4 2 6
4 Western Cuba 5 1 1 3 6 12 -6 4

Pineapple Group

Inabi 2-0 Sentient Nukes
Rick Roll Land 1-0 Sierra Apathia
1 Inabi 5 5 0 0 15 2 13 15
2 Rick Roll Land 5 3 0 2 5 6 -1 9
3 Sentient Nukes 5 1 0 4 3 8 -5 3
4 Sierra Apathia 5 1 0 4 3 10 -7 3

Pear Group

Upper North Yorkshire 1-4 Undeadzombiee
Zarbli 1-1 Mount Shavano
1 Mount Shavano 5 3 2 0 11 1 10 11
2 Zarbli 5 2 2 1 9 9 0 8
3 Undeadzombiee 5 2 1 2 10 8 2 7
4 Upper North Yorkshire 5 0 1 4 2 14 -12 1

Plum Group

Emothica 0-2 St Timothy Isles
Toy Toy 1-1 Unitopolis
1 Unitopolis 5 4 1 0 13 1 12 13
2 St Timothy Isles 5 3 1 1 7 4 3 10
3 Emothica 5 1 0 4 2 9 -7 3
4 Toy Toy 5 0 2 3 3 11 -8 2

Elderberry Group

Senzymnia 3-1 Dimoniquid
Parilisa 0-2 Kazzoria
1 Dimoniquid 5 3 1 1 9 5 4 10
2 Senzymnia 5 2 3 0 7 3 4 9
3 Kazzoria 5 2 1 2 7 6 1 7
4 Parilisa 5 0 1 4 1 10 -9 1

Gooseberry Group

Odinex 1-1 Kryosis
Aluetiva 0-1 St Paul's Isle
1 Kryosis 5 3 1 1 11 5 6 10
2 St Paul's Isle 5 3 0 2 6 7 -1 9
3 Odinex 5 2 2 1 6 3 3 8
4 Aluetiva 5 0 1 4 4 12 -8 1

Kiwi Group

Colurada 0-1 Palatazze
WalesaIreland 1-1 Tarmeny
1 Palatazze 5 4 0 1 11 4 7 12
2 WalesaIreland 5 2 2 1 7 5 2 8
3 Colurada 5 1 2 2 4 7 -3 5
4 Tarmeny 5 0 2 3 5 11 -6 2

Cloudberry Group

Quattrablegia 1-2 DRo Alba
Chocolate Pencils 2-1 Lovable Weirdos
1 DRo Alba 5 3 1 1 10 5 5 10
2 Chocolate Pencils 5 3 1 1 5 6 -1 10
3 Lovable Weirdos 5 1 1 3 4 6 -2 4
4 Quattrablegia 5 0 3 2 3 5 -2 3

I have not worked out which teams cannot advance to the playoffs nor whether any cannot finish outside the top 16, but the respective team managers of Inabi and Palatazze have been sent jars of lingonberry jam as congratulations for having definitively won their groups, thereby guaranteeing themselves a Round of 16 berth.

With one day left to play, these six teams are currently in line to qualify as second place teams:
1 St Timothy Isles 5 3 1 1 7 4 3 10
2 Chocolate Pencils 5 3 1 1 5 6 -1 10
3 Senzymnia 5 2 3 0 7 3 4 9
4 Hillpiece 5 3 0 2 9 10 -1 9
5 St Paul's Isle 5 3 0 2 6 7 -1 9
6 Rick Roll Land 5 3 0 2 5 6 -1 9
Last edited by Quintessence of Dust on Mon May 10, 2010 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
The fight is long and tough, but together, we can make it. -- José Carlos Mariátegui

Two kinds of pork in one soup? Bring it on. -- Christina Hendricks

Mount Shavano
Minister

Founded: Jan 04, 2008
Corporate Bordello

Postby Mount Shavano » Mon May 10, 2010 7:19 am

OOC: I do not know if I will be able to post again today. I won't be able to post until late Wednesday. Zombiee, I'm going to need you to hand out some injuries to provide an IC reason for the loss of RP bonus for subsequent matches. I will update this post if I can.
The Federation of Mount Shavano
Consul Morgan Dawson
Capital : San Angelo
The Cowboy Angel Rides

Dimoniquid
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 10, 2009
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Dimoniquid » Mon May 10, 2010 10:02 am

Dimoniquid's First Loss... a fluke?

''It was so a fluke! I mean, Millar injured himself during training, and Landers wasn't the best today." Carwall quoted. The match was a three-one loss, Diana blaming himself for the 'fluke'. The match had started off okay, with Senzymnia pushing against the defense, with no Millar to counter act it and send it back up field. Landers scored the first goal, but ended up getting a yellow card from a rash tackle towards one of the defenders a few minutes afterwards. The first half ended, and it was a close game with the defenders finally struggling in their fifth match out of the six, and they would need another win to qualify.

The second half was bad. Two goals had been scored against them, and they were having a hard time keeping up with the new defenders of Senzymnia. As another goal slipped through their defenses, Carwall made a new formation change and substitution. It was hard - Millar was off with a pulled ham-string, and Landers was sent off after another yellow card from one rash tackle. The whistle went, and it was made official by Carwall after the match - Dimoniquid got it's first loss. "I was devastated I couldn't be there to help counter it. It's just one of those things - nothing about praying or wishing, just luck." Millar said, still in crutches. "I'm due back for the next match - hopefully we'll win that time and qualify!"

The current standings:
1 Dimoniquid 5 3 1 1 9 5 4 10
2 Senzymnia 5 2 3 0 7 3 4 9
3 Kazzoria 5 2 1 2 7 6 1 7
4 Parilisa 5 0 1 4 1 10 -9 1

Scorers:
Millar - 3 Goals, Parilisa, Kazzoria, Parilisa.
Landers - 3 Goals, Parilisa, Senzymnia, Parilisa, Senzymnia.
Scarrot - 1 Goal, Kazzoria.
Redgewell - 1 Goal, Parilisa.

Zarbli
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zarbli » Mon May 10, 2010 10:29 am

Second Draw in a Row ans Definition Postponed for Final Round

ZYARN, QUINTESSENCE OF DUST - It could be worse. The rematch of Zarbli against Mount Shavano didn't end like the first one, wher the Shavanese won 3-0. But it could also have been better, since the 1-1 tie didn't assure anyone's qualification, and put Zarbli in a dangerous position for the last matchday.

The main players of the match were Gabriel Kasapa and Robert Anderson, the goalkeepers. Kasapa recovered amazingly from the past matches hedious flaws and managed to stop almost every shot from Mount Shavano's dangerous attackers. As for Robert Anderson, not less could be expected from the goalkeeper that had so far taken no goal at all. Even though that changed in this particular match, this didn't diminish his amazing performance.

Both goals were scored in the second half, after a somewhat nervous start that was defined by a congestionated midfield. There were only a couple of goal attempets for both teams, saved with grace and agility by their respective goalkeepers.

When they came back for the second half, the teams were more eager to win the match. Zarbli scored first, with a beautiful free kick by Migelito Treta, an impossible catch for Anderson. The right wing celebrated his goal as if he had just won the trophy. "Some people who don't follow Zarblese football have been asking if I was here by my own merit. I guess they know better now", he said in the post-match press conference.

After the Zarblese goal, Mount Shavano's players became even more motivated and dominated the match until Lewis Clark finally scored after trumping both Liz Uindsor and Turko Raxid to receive the side pass from Raymond Holmes.

With 1-1 in the score, the last minutes were the more exciting so far, with both clubs attacking quickly and dangerously. Kasapa and Anderson did quise a few miracles and stopped their teams' losses.

With Undeadzombiee beating Upper North Yorkshire 4-1, the situation got a little more complicated in a group with 3 teams playing such high level football.

1 Mount Shavano 5 3 2 0 11 1 10 11
2 Zarbli 5 2 2 1 9 9 0 8
3 Undeadzombiee 5 2 1 2 10 8 2 7
4 Upper North Yorkshire 5 0 1 4 2 14 -12 1

Mount Shavano needs only to draw with Undeadzombiee to assure the first place. If this happens and Zarbli win, the second place is ours, but we will have to see how well the other second places are in their tables to qualify. If Unedadzombiee wins, Zarbli has to win a big to take the first place from Mount Shavano. If we tie or lose, we can kiss the IoF goodbye.
NEW PARLIAMENT ELECTED!

Long Live the Queen!

Inabi
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Inabi » Mon May 10, 2010 1:39 pm

BEHIND THE SCENES
Inabian National Football Team's Celebration

RAHLIA, QUINTESSENCE OF DUST - The pub nearest the State University of Pulona's stadium was jam packed with a whole lot of drunkards, swinging their mugs around while singing an incomprehensible song. Most of these were players from Inabi, but others were fans that had decided to come celebrate with them. Drunkenness was usually frowned on by the Head Coach, but it was given the go-ahead seeing as how they had clinched a Round of 16 berth. He wanted them to have a joyous day so that they could enjoy themselves as much as possible. Sure, the team would have a horrible hangover the next morning, and sure, they would probably end up throwing up all over the field. But who cares! They didn't have to worry about the last game! Not like those poor saps who had to win the last game to just stay alive.

In the corner, Park Hyung-Jae was on a couch, having already passed out from having one too many drinks. Lee Jung-Hwan and Lee Chi-Woo had already started to write on his face with sharpies, giggling like little school children. Kang Min-Woo was in the pub as well, having been released from the hospital after getting a cast on his leg. Although he had been released, he was out for most likely the rest of the Introduction to Fire. He was currently being poked fun at for getting an injury in such a way by Park Soon-Hak. A loud, "Screw you" followed by a laugh was voiced by Min-Woo.

The rest of the Midfielders were standing on a long table, arms around each other's shoulders, danced and sang as the people around them clapped along. They were obviously drunk as well, enjoying all the attention they were receiving. The forwards were off doing their own little jig and song in another part of the pub. Bae Chun-Min tried in vain to try and use a pick-up line on a girl he saw walk by. Yeom Yi-Kyung consoled him.

The Head Coach pushed the Midfielders off the table and got on it himself. He yelled out, "Yah, all of ye drunk bastards, get 'round here." The team got around the Head Coach, some leaning on the person next to them so they wouldn't fall down, and the fans in the pub looked at him. The Head Coach took in a deep breath and started his speech.

"Alright. You know we've made it pretty far, right?" Without any recognition from the crowd, he yelled out again "RIGHT?!" The team and the fans raised their hands up and screamed back in approval. "I've just got to say, I'm proud of all of ya. You've listened to my instructions, you've played your heart out there on the field, and blah blah blah, you've done good, blah blah, you don't suck, blah blah, anyways, you got my point. I just want you all to know that I expect the same thing from you in the last few games. You guys are this close to winning this whole thing, don't screw up. I see someone screw up, you're done. Got it?" The team nodded, or for those that were absolutely wasted, a swinging motion of the head. "That's good. Go back to whatever the hell you were doing."

The Head Coach then stepped down from the table. It wasn't exactly a warm speech, but he got his message through. As the coach was heading out through the door, a delivery man stopped him, handing him a jar full of a reddish gel. "What the hell is this," the coach asked the man. "Lingonberry jam," he replied. The Head Coach stared at the jar, and then back at the man. "And what the hell is lingonberry jam?" The delivery man smiled. "It's an easy to prepare jam made out of lingonberries, sugar, and a little bit of water. They are extremely high in vitamin C, and are a stable in the Scandinavian diet. They can be spread on a variety of things, such as pancakes, potato cake, meatballs, stew, liver, herri-" The Head Coach cut the man off, "Did I ask for a lesson on the damn thing? Out of my way."

The Head Coach pushed the man aside and headed to his car.

Odinex
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Odinex » Mon May 10, 2010 2:30 pm

Thor's Hammer
Odinex's Prime News Network

Kryosis has stopped us short of securing a spot in the next round. Odinex finished with a result of 1-1 against Kryosis. Odinex opened the scoring early on a corner, but, Kryosis was able to tie it up late. With only one game to play, Odinex need to win in order for any chance of advancing to the Round of 16. In the next game, they will be playing the team that is currently in last.

"It just slipped past me, I don't know what happened. I can't believe it ended that way," said Albert Bedwyr, center-back and today's goalscorer for Odinex.

Bedwyr was able to loft one into the net early for Odinex. In the 13th minute, Odinex was given a corner. Clemente lined up on the ball in the corner and whipped it in to the far post. Bedwyr came around the back door and was able to head it in past the keep. Unfortunately for the "Blue Thunder", Kryosis found a lane, and hit a through ball to their forward for an easy goal past Mason. No subs were made by Odinex, but Mason was a little banged up after the Kryosis goal, but he got up and continued playing.

Odinex are looking forward to their last group stage game, and they hope they will be able to continue playing in the Round of 16.
Sports Achievements
Baptism of Fire 38 - Round of 16

Military Info
Coming soon

Chelsea Fan "True Blue"

Tonarius
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 29, 2008
Democratic Socialists

Tonarius - Finally gaining some deserved ground!

Postby Tonarius » Mon May 10, 2010 2:44 pm

Tonarius 2 of their last 3 games 3-0, and drew the last one against Vijay (currently the first in the Persimmon group) 2-2.

Tonarius now lie in second place in their group table, and with only one match to go, the fans are feeling excited for the match that will decide their fate in this tournament.

Tonarius have great chances of going through to the next round. A win or possibly a draw would suffice, but a loss would be a little risky...

Tonarius's last group stage match is against Khytenna, who have been under-performing in this tournament, currently lying in last place with only one win, a draw, and three losses. This should be an easy one :lol:

It's still important that Filip the Great tells them to continue their hard work in training and to not become complacent with the match ahead. It will also help prepare them for the next round in the tournament, should they go through.

------------------------
End of report
Last edited by Tonarius on Mon May 10, 2010 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tonarius Sports Honours

Football/Soccer

BoF 38, 4th place (first official entry in a competition)

Tennis
To come!

Zarbli
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zarbli » Mon May 10, 2010 3:05 pm

Coach Gomen entered the locker-room and told his assistant, Nego Bruto, to distribute an envelope to each of his players.

"Wha's this, boss?", asked defensive midfielder Daniel San.

"This, ladies and gentlemen, are your return tickets to Union Heart. If you take a close look, you'll see the flight date is not written yet. Now, we have two possibilities here. Either we win this game and postpond our flight indefinetely, or we go back home tomorrow. All you gotta do this afternoon, fellows, is win. I don't care how, just go up there and do it. I want you scoring as many goals as you can. Win, and win big."

As he walked away, the players kept staring at their tickets. Ualace stood up. As a Warriors players, he knew exactly what to say to their teammates.

"You, Uindsor, you know what you are?"

Liz Uindsor looked up. "Huh?"

"You're a warrior. And you, Norman, you know what you are?"

Norman hesitated.

"You're also a warrior. Karazaua, with the hurt leg, what are you?"

"A warrior?"

"Damn right you are. Txartxhil?"

"A warrior!"

"Duna?"

"A warrior!"

Seeing the excitement growing among the players, Ualase shouted:

"WHAT ARE WE?"

"WARRIORS!"

"WHAT ARE WE?"

"WARRIORS!"

"WHAT ARE WE?"

"WARRIOOOOOORRRRS!"

They were ready.
NEW PARLIAMENT ELECTED!

Long Live the Queen!

Unitopolis
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Unitopolis » Mon May 10, 2010 4:53 pm

Starting Line-Up (4-4-3)
GK: Jason Paul
LB: Séan Flawsley
CB: Eric Aldé
CB: Yutre Garu
RB: Emile Fallopius
LM: Giuseppe Joliano MoM
CM: Kenil Hutsa (C)
RM: Vladimir Denzostropok (Patrick Higgins '54)
F: Corenhinho
F: Rob Van Muir
F: Niall Hunt '39

Substitutes
GK: Martin Budsaja
CB: Joseph Olombo
RB: Patrick Higgins (Vladimir Denzostropok '54)
LM: Jon Boyde
F: Dermot Scanlon

Unitopolis conceded their first goal of the Baptism of Fire in the last-minute of this high-tempo match at the West Sponson College. Both teams played attacking, end-to-end football and both had great chances, with Rob Van Muir missing an open goal after 20 minutes. The first goal came after 39 minutes, and it was a Giuseppe Joliano low ball across the box that created it. Niall Hunt managed to swing his foot across and lash the ball into Toy-Toy's net. Unitopolis didn't let up on the attacking front and went into the dressing rooms at half-time comfortably on top.

Whatever the Toy Toy manager said to his players in the dressing room it obviously worked as they came out fighting in the second half. Several good passing moves had Jack Beade worried and he brought off Vladimir Denzostropok for Patrick Higgins after 54 minutes. Denzostropok had been limping for a while and doctors believe he could be out for three - four matches, which would be a real blow to Jack Beade's plans. Toy-Toy kept up the pressure and got the goal they deserved in the 89th minute, from a free-kick. For a team that lost 4 - 0 the last time they faced us, Toy-Toy didn't do too badly and although they may still be bottom, they can at least leave with some pride and dignity.

Unitopolis 1 - 1 Toy Toy: Hunt '39
Man of the Match: Giuseppe Joliano
UTN Sports Baptism of Fire Coverage
Last edited by Unitopolis on Mon May 10, 2010 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LINTYLAND wrote:
Unitopolis wrote:What's my title Linty?

Best Rapper Alive

Denecaep wrote: Best Rapper
- Unitopolis WINNER
The Unitopolitan Embassy
Baptism of Fire 38: 3rd
Cup of Harmony 43, 44, 45, 47: Second Round
Gaelic Football World Cup I: 3rd
Gaelic Football World Cup II: Winners
Gaelic Football World Cup III: Winners
Olympic Bronze Medals in 200m and 400m sprints

The St Timothy Isles
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The St Timothy Isles » Mon May 10, 2010 5:51 pm

The STI coach was excited.
"We won, so guess what?"
"What?" said the team.
"I need to know: What happen?"
The team knew why he used improper grammar.
"We set up them the bomb."
They laughed and laughed.

STI needs to win their next game to tie with Unitopolis. That will get them into the playoffs on a good note.
OOC: How are ties for top in the group broken??
Siv Jackson, Minister of Foreign Affairs and World Assembly votes

DEFCON 5
"To make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe..."
--Carl Sagan
"The Jonas Brothers are here. They're out there somewhere. Sasha and Malia are huge fans. But, boys, don't get any ideas. I have two words for you: predator drones. You will never see it coming. You think I'm joking."
--Barrack Obama

Create a Mario Kart track!—http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=53596

Hassett
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 11, 2009
Anarchy

Postby Hassett » Mon May 10, 2010 8:33 pm

OOC: Ok, it's late at night where I'm at and I'm on my phone, so this won't be much of an RP. Nonetheless...

IC: Another scene in the Hassett lockerroom after the game:

Hassett (team captain, coach, Galactic Emperor, and now Hassett's" sexiest man alive") yells profoundly, "Do you guys love your sisters so much, you can't stop kissing them?!? Becuase that's exactly what a tie is like and now we've got two of them. Do we need to go over the fundamentals of soccer again? Ok, there's two parts to any match: an offense and a defense. The offense tries to score and the defense prevents the other team from scoring. Get that into your thick skulls already and let's win this damn tournament! To the pubs everybody!" 
Black and Yellow
Economic Left/Right: 8.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82
-Former United States
-Hassett: A History through Flags

Undeadzombiee
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Undeadzombiee » Tue May 11, 2010 4:14 am

Welcome to ZESPN, the world-wide leader in sports. This is the first match for the Pear Group, but along the way we will be announcing scores for the Zarbli-Mt. Shavano match. The Zombiee’s need a win to even think about making the Top Sixteen, along with a huge dish of luck. Included in our coverage is a mic on Coach Johnsom, and Kalen, and we will be putting their comments up sometimes, along with one lucky fan’s comment.

Announcer: Seven minutes into the match, Kalen has the ball, he is dribbling towards the goal. He has the angle, no one blocking him, and… HE DUMPS IT TO CREAMER!!! WHAT WAS HE THINKING!?! HE OBVIOUSLY CAN”T PLAY THE GLORIOUS GAME KNOWN AS FOOTBALL!!! Okay, maybe I overreacted a little bit, but that still was a boneheaded move. If this is how he plays, then we won’t win another game. Creamer is double teamed and loses the ball, but Man Dolven gets it back, and passes to Kalen, but he is offsides.

Johnsom: Okkaayyy, you’re near the goalie, SHOOT! NO! Come on Kalen!!! Think!!! You can’t keep playing like this; you have to keep track of the field. Next time, you ARE shooting. We need a lot of points the next two games. NO!!! Pay attention! We need you guys to score!

Kalen: Come on Creamer, dribble back, no… don’t attack, just pull back. Aww, dangit, the media is gonna be on my tail for that one. If only they’d let up. Darn media, now I’m offsides…

KalenStinks17: See, that’s why I want him off the team. He can’t play, and my son is much better. Kalen is a tactical moron who can’t see the ball.

Announcer: Kalen is running to the goal, he passes to Creamer, Creamer shoots… it’s not going in… but it curves in! Goallllll!!!!! Goal for Kalen in the twenty first minute!

Johnsom: That’s what I’m talking about! Yeah! We win this; we can win the next game! Just pray that our defense holds…

Kalen: Finally, Creamer proves his worth. He seemed like a mooch sometimes, because he didn’t have to work at all…

KalenStinks17: Ugh! Can’t Kalen finish what he starts? Just shoot the dang ball, and you’ll get yourself points, instead of complaining about you incompetent teammates!

Announcer: And, Jersey #16 passes to Jersey 19, to kick it off. 19 to 5, 5 to 48, 48 to 27. 27 shoots, and GOAL!!! The score is one one, and the teams are looking very good! Goal for 27 in the twenty third minute!

Johnsom: NOO!!! We have to win this. Come on defense, don’t freeze up!!! OK, Kalen, we need points from you.

Kalen: Darn it! Our defense is worse than slugs. Well, maybe not, but they need to shape up, or we won’t win no matter how much we score!

KalenStinks17: How’s it feel to get scored on Kalen? Oh right, you don’t care, as long as you can blame it on someone else!

Announcer: Creamer with the ball in the fifty seventh passes to Kalen, Kalen dribbles to the goal, shoots… SCORES!!! ……After two minutes, Creamer got a steal from Jersey 37, he’s dribbling towards the goal, he shoots… it bounces of the crossbar, and Kalen shoots for ANOTHER GOAL!!!

Johnsom: That’s the way we play! Good job Kalen and Creamer! Midfield, go up and help some more in the next game, I prefer offense over defense.

Kalen: YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

KalenStinks17: BOOOOOOOOOOO, Kalen keeps taking other people’s glory! BOOOOOOOOOO!

Announcer: Dollings has the ball at midfield, in the eighty ninth, he dribbles up, two men are on him, he passes to Kalen, Kalen to Creamer, Creamer to Ennish, who is near the goal, and Ennish shoots for a goal, and the Zombiee’s win!!!!

Johnsom: YES! WE WIN! WE WIN!!!!!

Kalen: WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO

KalenStinks17: Whatever

And that was ZESPN’s broadcast of the fifth match day, with an amazing win for the Zombiee’s!
Desinger of International Short Track Championships
Huge (100+ people) results: empty
Big (30+ people) results: Winner of the Baptism of Fire 38!!!
Medium (15+ people) results:
Quarterfinals Golfing Championships

Small (14- people) results:
Winner of the First Interational Track Championships (1 gold, 3 silver, 1 bronze)
Winner of Warkus Soccer/Football Profesional
Quarterfinalist in Toiletdonian International
Current Light Heavyweight Champ!
Runner-up in Ender's Game Battleroom

Currently ranked in the World Cup: 179th, 2.20
GENERATION 23: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

South Norwega
Senator

Founded: Jul 13, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby South Norwega » Tue May 11, 2010 5:08 am

MUST WIN MATCH
South Norwega's captain Tony Blair has come out to say today's match against group laggards Western Cuba is a "must win". After today's relatively dreary 0-0 draw with group leaders Hassett. "The thing is, we have to win to make the finals. We have to win by a considerable margin to be within a shot, and we shall endeavour to do so against Western Cuba." the Captain said in the post-match press conference.
Worship the great Gordon Brown!
The Republic of Lanos wrote:Please sig this.

Jedi 999 wrote:the fact is the british colonised the british

Plains Nations wrote:the god of NS

Trippoli wrote:This here guy, is smart.

Second Placing: Sarzonian Indoor Gridball Cup

Senzymnia
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Senzymnia » Tue May 11, 2010 5:52 am

Carlos the Cool Cat's Corner

Hey, everyone! It's Carlos Pereira, with exciting news. We defeated group leaders Dimoniquid 3-1!

We actually got down pretty early, 1-0. Their striker Landers scored, giving him his second goal against us. But then in the 47th minute I got a cross from Claudius Sertorianus and flicked it on to Wyland Ballack, who put in in the bottom right corner, and we were tied 1-1! We did the same thing on the other side, when Wyland crossed it to me, I found Rebecca Laurence standing alone on her patch of grass, and she kicked it in! This was only the 51st minute, and we were up 2-1. Then I scored on a breakaway in the 63rd to make it 3-1. Their coach Carwall made some substitutions, but they didn't help.

So yeah, we proved that we're better than they are. They claim it's a fluke, Millar was injured and Landers wasn't the best. But Landers ended up scoring, and Sandy Scloris said she saw Millar going for a jog right before the game. Either they took us too lightly, or he just wimped out. Either way, it looks pretty bad. They played dirty too, Landers got two yellows for rash tackles.

In any case, we beat them, and that's what matters. We're going to try to validate it and beat Parilisa, or whatever they are called. Go Lions!

Quintessence of Dust
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Quintessence of Dust » Tue May 11, 2010 6:03 am

Final group stage cutoff

Persimmon Group

Tonarius 2-0 Negative Katana
Vjiay 3-0 Khytenna
1 Vjiay 6 3 3 0 15 7 8 12
2 Tonarius 6 3 1 2 12 7 5 10
3 Negative Katana 6 1 3 2 6 10 -4 6
4 Khytenna 6 1 1 4 3 12 -9 4

Almond Group

Dennisov 3-2 Hillpiece
Zenethj 1-1 Vyknov
1 Dennisov 6 5 0 1 11 5 6 15
2 Hillpiece 6 3 0 3 11 13 -2 9
3 Zenethj 6 2 1 3 11 10 1 7
4 Vyknov 6 1 1 4 5 10 -5 4

Fig Group

Western Cuba 0-3 South Norwega
The Shinnian Islands 3-1 Hassett
1 South Norwega 6 3 2 1 9 6 3 11
2 The Shinnian Islands 6 2 3 1 9 5 4 9
3 Hassett 6 2 2 2 10 8 2 8
4 Western Cuba 6 1 1 4 6 15 -9 4

Pineapple Group

Inabi 5-2 Rick Roll Land
Sentient Nukes 0-1 Sierra Apathia
1 Inabi 6 6 0 0 20 4 16 18
2 Rick Roll Land 6 3 0 3 7 11 -4 9
3 Sierra Apathia 6 2 0 4 4 10 -6 6
4 Sentient Nukes 6 1 0 5 3 9 -6 3

Pear Group

Upper North Yorkshire 2-0 Zarbli
Undeadzombiee 3-2 Mount Shavano
1 Mount Shavano 6 3 2 1 13 4 9 11
2 Undeadzombiee 6 3 1 2 13 10 3 10
3 Zarbli 6 2 2 2 9 11 -2 8
4 Upper North Yorkshire 6 1 1 4 4 14 -10 4

Plum Group

Emothica 3-1 Toy Toy
St Timothy Isles 0-2 Unitopolis
1 Unitopolis 6 5 1 0 15 1 14 16
2 St Timothy Isles 6 3 1 2 7 6 1 10
3 Emothica 6 2 0 4 5 10 -5 6
4 Toy Toy 6 0 2 4 4 14 -10 2

Elderberry Group

Senzymnia 0-1 Parilisa
Dimoniquid 4-0 Kazzoria
1 Dimoniquid 6 4 1 1 13 5 8 13
2 Senzymnia 6 2 3 1 7 4 3 9
3 Kazzoria 6 2 1 3 7 10 -3 7
4 Parilisa 6 1 1 4 2 10 -8 4

Gooseberry Group

Odinex 2-1 Aluetiva
Kryosis 2-0 St Paul's Isle
1 Kryosis 6 4 1 1 13 5 8 13
2 Odinex 6 3 2 1 8 4 4 11
3 St Paul's Isle 6 3 0 3 6 9 -3 9
4 Aluetiva 6 0 1 5 5 14 -9 1

Kiwi Group

Colurada 2-1 WalesaIreland
Palatazze 1-0 Tarmeny
1 Palatazze 6 5 0 1 12 4 8 15
2 WalesaIreland 6 2 2 2 8 7 1 8
3 Colurada 6 2 2 2 6 8 -2 8
4 Tarmeny 6 0 2 4 5 12 -7 2

Cloudberry Group

Quattrablegia 0-2 Chocolate Pencils
DRo Alba 1-1 Lovable Weirdos
1 Chocolate Pencils 6 4 1 1 7 6 1 13
2 DRo Alba 6 3 2 1 11 6 5 11
3 Lovable Weirdos 6 1 2 3 5 7 -2 5
4 Quattrablegia 6 0 3 3 3 7 -4 3

St Timothy Isles wrote:OOC: How are ties for top in the group broken??

The following tiebreakers were used, in order, to determine group standings:
1. Points
2. Goal difference

The following six teams have qualified as highest placed second place teams:
1 DRo Alba 6 3 2 1 11 6 5 11
2 Odinex 6 3 2 1 8 4 4 11
3 Tonarius 6 3 1 2 12 7 5 10
4 Undeadzombiee 6 3 1 2 13 10 3 10
5 St Timothy Isles 6 3 1 2 7 6 1 10
6 The Shinnian Islands 6 2 3 1 9 5 4 9

Host Announcement

The playoff schedule is posted below. However, in the spirit of this being a tournament for new teams I have no desire to discourage further participation. As such, if any teams that have not made the playoff stage would like to arrange a friendly before they leave Quintessence of Dust, I will throw them into the scorination (though they will not count towards your KPB ranking). You can either arrange a friendly with another IoF team, or I will supply one of my domestic sides as opposition. This will allow you to play an "extra" pre-WC friendly, and could help you establish an RP storyline for the coming World Cup.
Last edited by Quintessence of Dust on Tue May 11, 2010 6:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
The fight is long and tough, but together, we can make it. -- José Carlos Mariátegui

Quintessence of Dust
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Quintessence of Dust » Tue May 11, 2010 6:22 am

Playoff Round Schedule

Congratulations to the 16 teams who have advanced out of the Introduction of Fire group stages. It should be noted:
- seeding takes precedence over avoiding repeat fixtures: as such, the Timpani match will see two teams from the same group play, and several other group partners could potentially meet before the final;
- group winners took the top 10 spots automatically, even though South Norwega would have been seeded 12th on overall record;
- it was impossible to divide Dimoniquid and Kryosis on record, and they had no head-to-head encounters: as such, a random coin flip was conducted, and Dimoniquid gained the higher seed.

12th May - Musical Round
Violin match: Inabi (1) v The Shinnian Islands (16) @ Drongo Square Gardens, Rahlia
Cello match: Vjiay (8) v Mount Shavano (9) @ Goldfish Bowl, Piedmont
Clarinet match: Dennisov (4) v Tonarius (13) @ Finntasia, Kynythin
Oboe match: Dimoniquid (5) v Odinex (12) @ Hljómalind, New Cleethorpes
Trumpet match: Palatazze (3) v Undeadzombiee (14) @ Northern Astrodome, Greschmeier
Tuba match: Kryosis (6) v DRo Alba (11) @ BobBank SkyPark, Highmark City
Timpani match: Unitopolis (2) v St Timothy Isles (15) @ Grand Regal Douchebag Stadium, Rahlia
Cymbals match: Chocolate Pencils (7) v South Norwega (10) @ Wow! Football Park, Highmark City

13th May - Fish Round
Trout QF: Violin v Cello @ National Stadium of Sports, Highmark City
Haddock QF: Clarinet v Oboe @ Eli F. Baker Memorial Arena, Zyarn
Salmon QF: Trumpet v Tuba @ Goldfish Bowl, Piedmont
Goldfish QF: Timpani v Cymbals @ New Cleethorpes Municipal Sporting Ground

14th May - Neutral Milk Hotel Themed Round
Aeroplane SF: Trout v Haddock @ Northern Astrodome, Greschmeier
Carrot SF: Salmon v Goldfish @ Finntasia, Kynythin

15th May - Final Round
Final: Winners @ The Arena of Dreams, Nowy Orpington
Third place playoff: Almost but not quite winners @ BobBank SkyPark, Highmark City

Arenas (by city)

Rahlia (Drongo Square Gardens/Grand Regal Douchebag Stadium): Rahlia is an aging industrial city in the eastern state of Pulona. It is hope of the State University of Pulona, the Social Democratic Party of Quintessence of Dust, and the remnants of the nation's automobile manufacturing industry. Football is extremely popular here, among the predominantly Central/East European population. FC Drongosnort, the most traditional club in Quintessence of Dust, play at the old Drongo Square Gardens grounds. The Rahlia Regals, former high flyers but now lingering in the third division after selling their best players and firing manager Arlo Cockbadger (uncle of World Cup legend Woody Cockbadger), play at the stadium named after their hygiene product manufacturer sponsors, Grand Regal Douchebags.

Piedmont (Goldfish Bowl): Piedmont in West Sponson is best known as the home of Quintessence of Dust's Japanese-American emigre population, who founded a new home there in the early 1940s. Baseball is the big sport here, but the Goldfish Bowl still packs them in for football too, to see the surprisingly resurgent Continuation Railway Biscuit Thickness Spray Farm FC, who finished as runners-up last season. Masami Tamagotchi, Quintessence of Dust's greatest sportswoman, grew up here, and played for CRBTSF before transferring to BobBank.

Kynythin (Finntasia): In the Alpine northeast of the country, Kynythin is predominantly Finnish in ethnic ancestry, and home of Kynythin Mountain Sports Club - Quintessence of Dust's second oldest sports club, who have a bitter rivalry with Greschmeier (qv). Kynythin doesn't play much football, but it does have a small, purpose built outdoor stadium at Finntasia, which holds about 12,000 at full capacity. Unfortunately, if it ever actually reached this limit, its poor construction would likely lead to devastating avalanches; fortunately, it's never even half full.

New Cleethorpes (Hljómalind/New Cleethorpes Municipal Sporting Ground): New Cleethorpes is probably even more famous than Quintessence of Dust's capital. The home of Western liberalism, the renowed UWS, and the country's largest population of bitter old men, New Cleethorpes stands for the world renowned Quodite qualities of pluralism, learning, and grumbling about the price of shoes. Its large Icelandic population regularly turn out to see Sporting Með Blóðnasir play at Hljómalind, an indoor sports complex in which the country's entire domestic handball league is organized. The MSG is an all-purpose facility that has hosted international football, baseball, rugby, lacrosse - really, everything. Please make sure teams book their pitches, and put away all the cones after the match.

Greschmeier (Northern Astrodome): The predominantly Swedish Greschmeier is less ethnically distinct than Kynythin, and has been more multicultural in its hiring policies. Greschmeier has supplied many world and Olympic champions, including the current defending Olympic bandy and curling champions, and members of the national winter and summe Olympic delegations, football, baseball, rugby and ice hockey teams. It is the spiritual home of Quintessential Atheism. Games are played at the high-tech, environmentally friendly underground arena of the Northern Astrodome, which despite its tiny capacity is considered the only international standard arena in the country.

Highmark City (BobBank SkyPark/Wow! Football Park/National Stadium of Sports): Highmark City is Quintessence of Dust's rather boring capital. Politically and economically indistinct, it is home to the country's Quintessential-Chinese minority but has few successful sports teams - with the notable exception of BobBank, the most dominant team in the (rather brief) history of Quodite football. They are the only Quodite team ever to have won international honours, and play at an extremely expensive arena at the top of the BobBank Tower. Wow! Health & Fitness play at Wow! Football Park, an outdoor pitch surrounded by pictures of enthusiastic athletes. And the National Stadium of Sports is the nation's biggest arena.

Zyarn (Eli F. Baker Memorial Arena): It snows. A lot.

Nowy Orpington (The Arena of Dreams): Once seen as an aging rustbelt city of cultural monotony, the injection of Han cash from company Samseong has completely revitalised it, although led to occasional bouts of ethnic tension. The Arena of Dreams is perhaps the best exemplar of the city's complex recent past: rebuilt to be suitable for international competition, it has seen its home team (the oldest in Quintessence of Dust) face indifferent form. Misspelled Hangeol tramp stamps abound, but so does the odd dense tract of quasi-nativist political economy.
Last edited by Quintessence of Dust on Tue May 11, 2010 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vjiay
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Vjiay » Tue May 11, 2010 6:27 am

(OOC: Damnit, must've been writing this as you were posting the last game results, nevermind, I'll post it anyways)

Tonarius 2-2 Vjiay

The race for first position in the Persimmon Group heated up yesterday as Vjiay drew their penultimate match with Tonarius.

The Vjiayan side could have guaranteed their pole position in the group with victory over Tonarius, but it was not to be. Despite taking the lead twice, the Vjiayans couldn’t hold their opponents off and a draw was probably less than Tonarius, lead by the benevolent leader Filip the Great, or Big Fil as us Vjiayans like to call him, deserved.

The game started off slowly, good midfield play from both sides cancelled each other’s efforts out and when the ball did get into the opposing final third, both teams squandered good chances, with the Tonarius centre forward Aldonatti hitting the woodwork from close in, after a wonderful piece of skill inside the box that sent the two Vjiayan centre-backs scrambling.

The breakthrough came on the stroke of half time, from an unlikely source.

A corner ball was lofted into the centre of Tonarius’s box by Lightfoot. The captain Johnny Carr rose to meet it, heading it towards goal. Good positioning from the Tonarian midfielder Lazzarani denied him, but a sliced clearance fell straight to the left boot of the Vjiayan left-back, Stefan Jackson, who struck it sweetly and into the roof of the net from eight yards.

The half time whistle went and the ecstatic Vjiayans, with the demoralised Tonarians made for the changing rooms.

Whatever Big Fil said at half time however, worked. Straight from the whistle the Tonarian team were pounding the Vjiayan defence, with the ball coming straight back at the Vjiayans every time they thought it was cleared.

Eventually, the pressure told. Good wing play brought their right-midfielder, Orsini into the game on the by-line. He lobbed a perfect ball straight onto the head of their centre-forward, who had looked like scoring in the first half, Aldonatti.

The Vjiayans, still under enormous pressure managed to edge their way into the game, but the Tonarians could argue that our goal was pure luck.

The Vjiayans had cleared the ball once more after another Tonarian onslaught and the Tonarian centre-midfielder, D’Angelo picked it up off the half way line. Mis-controlling it, he passed straight to Malcolm Eustice, who raced off towards goal. Jinking past a challenge from a Tonarian defender he tried to lob the charging Tonarian keeper, who managed to get a fingertip to it. The ball looped into the air but carried on towards goal. It looked to be going over but the spin of the ball, induced by the keepers’ touch sent it plummeting earthwards, the subsequent bounces saw it roll into the unmanned net, with most Vjiayans and Tonarians not even in the Tonarian half.

The pressure on Vjiay slackened after that, and their only aim was to hold on to their lead and guarantee their progression to the next round. Tonarius had other ideas, though.

It was the eighty fifth minute and the Vjiayans conceded a free kick thirty-two yards from goal. The Tonarius midfielder D’Angelo stepped up to the plate, striking the ball goalwards. Without the deflection from Johnny Carr, Holmes may have had it covered, but the touch from the centre-back’s outstretched foot was enough to send the ball into the opposite corner to where Holmes had dived.

The tired teams played out the remaining minutes. Vjiay maintain their unbeaten record and still look likely to finish top. A point against Khytenna would be enough for us to progress top on goal difference providing Tonarius don’t defeat Negative Katana by more than two goals.

57% - Possession – 43%
9 - Attempts on Target – 3
13 – Attempts off Target – 8
6 – Corners – 3
3 – Fouls - 3
Last edited by Vjiay on Tue May 11, 2010 7:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Zarbli
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zarbli » Tue May 11, 2010 6:43 am

OOC

Isn't it sad when you lose for a team that has done NO RP AT ALL :(

Well, best luck in the WC! Good luck for all that stayed :)
NEW PARLIAMENT ELECTED!

Long Live the Queen!

Undeadzombiee
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Undeadzombiee » Tue May 11, 2010 1:14 pm

“YEAHHH!!!!! WE CAN’T BE BEAT! YESSSS!!!!!” shouted the team as they entered the locker room. The domino’s had fallen, they were in the playoffs!

The Zombiee’s did have the advantage of being in the last group to play, and knowing that if they moved on or not depended on them. The original to six had only one win compared with five losses. This allowed many teams to enter in who wouldn’t have had a chance if they had won.

And the Zombiee’s didn’t whip up against the smallest team in the group; oh no they beat the giant, Mt. Shavano. While it was true that three of their starters had fallen in the course of the game, it was like a breath of fresh air for the Zombiee’s. The Zombiee’s also proved they can win against the best, and got their first win against either Mt. Shavano or Zarbli.

It was a hard fought game, and both teams made the playoffs, which was to our relief. It would have been like rubbing salt in the wound if Shavano hadn’t made it.

The game started with Mike Herron scoring, in the sixteenth minute. As he ran back though, he tripped over the same bug that prevented Hassett from winning back in the third match day. He fell, and snapped his arm. Thankfully, he was able to get himself off of the field, but he appeared very pale and in pain after the game.

In the fourty-first Lewis Clark drove down the field, dribbled around Antonio Blanding, and shot at the keeper. It deflected off Armour’s hands, but with the follow up shot, Clark made it in. In frustration, Armour earned a red card by throwing Julius Hobbes down to the ground. Hobbes couldn’t get up, and was carted off the field. This gave him a three game suspension, which he will serve in until either we go to the finals, or we get eliminated.

When asked to comment he said, “Well, I thought that it was yellow card material, and am sorry.” But then his PR man whispered in his ear, and he changed his statement to, “I am outraged! We should be handed the trophy!!!!!”

Then, the Zombiee’s took control, in the second half. The first came in the fifty fifth minute. Kalen came dribbling towards the goalie, and shot a beautiful curve, almost out of the goal, but slingshotting back in. He then followed it up with a brilliant goal five minutes later, giving Dollings the assist.

Then, in the seventy ninth minute, Dollings struck for the win. Shooting from an incredibly long shot he nailed it, causing the goalie to weep in frustration, until he realized that they were still in the playoffs.

A great game, and some great domino’s left the Zombiee’s in the round of sixteen.
Desinger of International Short Track Championships
Huge (100+ people) results: empty
Big (30+ people) results: Winner of the Baptism of Fire 38!!!
Medium (15+ people) results:
Quarterfinals Golfing Championships

Small (14- people) results:
Winner of the First Interational Track Championships (1 gold, 3 silver, 1 bronze)
Winner of Warkus Soccer/Football Profesional
Quarterfinalist in Toiletdonian International
Current Light Heavyweight Champ!
Runner-up in Ender's Game Battleroom

Currently ranked in the World Cup: 179th, 2.20
GENERATION 23: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports