NATION

PASSWORD

Official Embassy of Ainur

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Emrys Mercer
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Emrys Mercer » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:02 am

I'm expecting some heat, but can handle it. Glad to hear from you, Cormac. Ainur is mostly concerned with itself and it's allies, the rest can humor themselves and flame.
In a masochistic relationship with Gameplay

The Sapientia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 04, 2013
Corporate Police State

Postby The Sapientia » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:28 am

Emrys Mercer wrote:I'm expecting some heat, but can handle it. Glad to hear from you, Cormac. Ainur is mostly concerned with itself and it's allies, the rest can humor themselves and flame.

A treaty with both Sicarius and TEK is gonna require serious work...
BoM Veteran Assassin | Former MoMA of the South Pacific | Former Chief Justice of the West Pacific | TNP Security Officer
Obvious Threat to Regional Security

Emrys Mercer
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Emrys Mercer » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:30 am

Almost forgot, seeing as Sicarius has worked with TBR, we'd like to cancel any treaty discussions we may have been planning. I figured just not calling back would make it less awkward...

The Sapientia
Diplomat

Corporate Police State

Postby The Sapientia » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:32 am

You're an anti-TBR region?
I thought you were raiders in it for the sake of raiding... Kinda like us.
BoM Veteran Assassin | Former MoMA of the South Pacific | Former Chief Justice of the West Pacific | TNP Security Officer

Emrys Mercer
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Emrys Mercer » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:37 am

Whoa, I never said that. I am Knight Commander, head of our military, and Steward, our Executive government minus ministers.

I am speaking from the positions of Steward and Knight Commander when I say that I am anti-TBR and while I lead our military and serve as our executive I will be against TBR, but I cannot speak on behalf of the entire region. The King and/or citizens may disagree with my stance, otherwise I would say we are anti-TBR. I do have the King's permission to speak of these things though and to be anti-TBR in my positions.

We may still raid in the future for the sake of raiding, and we still plan on helping allies with raid for the sake of raiding, but we are imperialist and are acquiring colonies and protectorates. We also will defend and liberate when we wish to.

TBR spammed Ainur with recruitment telegrams when Apollo tried destroying Ainur saying that Ainur was dead and to move with them. So, I see no ally in TBR.
Last edited by Emrys Mercer on Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Sapientia
Diplomat

Corporate Police State

Postby The Sapientia » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 am

May I ask your reason for hating the Riders?

Emrys Mercer
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Emrys Mercer » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:47 am

The Sapientia wrote:May I ask your reason for hating the Riders?

I edited my post above to answer this, please refer to it. They attempted to prey upon a fellow raiding region in a time of weakness, so that's a fine example of their raider unity. Which is also something I'm against, by the way.

JStalin
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby JStalin » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:49 am

Emrys Mercer wrote:
The Sapientia wrote:May I ask your reason for hating the Riders?

I edited my post above to answer this, please refer to it. They attempted to prey upon a fellow raiding region in a time of weakness, so that's a fine example of their raider unity. Which is also something I'm against, by the way.

A raiding region? Didn't you just say you guys are imperialists, raiding and defending?

Emrys Mercer
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Emrys Mercer » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:51 am

We have always been tagged as imperialists, but never followed the tag until my tenure as Knight Commander. And at that time, we were pure raider. Again, only under my command have we been anything other than solely raider.

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:41 am

So if you're anti-TBR how will you react when they charge into Austria (your new protectorate)? :P
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Emrys Mercer
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Emrys Mercer » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:21 pm

Drop Your Pants wrote:So if you're anti-TBR how will you react when they charge into Austria (your new protectorate)? :P

We'd do our best to liberate it or take it back, as we're working with the President, Austria United to secure it. And thank you very much for making sure every TBR nation on the NS forums sees Austria as a target, if they hadn't already.

And the status of a protectorate is a region we attempt to keep safe, and eventually refound (at least in the case of Austria). Is the fact that we're trying to protect a region that may be raided supposed to make me see the evils of raiding? If we're not strong enough to secure Austria now, then we don't deserve to call it a protectorate.

We'd be unhappy, but would work with allies to try and take it back.

Coraxion
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Coraxion » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:27 pm

Cimmerian Definitions for few words:

'Protectorate' = Region that can be protected, and not by forum Comments but by Game-Mechanics
'Imperialist' = Region/organisation capable invade and Keep these invasions there after i.e. making actual protectorates (= regions invulnerable to any attacks, under control of 'imperialists')
'Nativedom' = Any region, Including "Imperialist protectorates", who are defenseless against 'native uprisings' by Game Mechanics and Organisation
'Anti-TBR' = Region/organisation moderate enough to claim they do not see the Point of R, when TBR certainly sees that.
'Invader' = Region/organisation which is capable to perform invasions/Raids ('Defender' is only sub cathegory of R.)
'The Unity' = mythical never existing paradigm that 'Invaders' does not Raid other Invaders.
'The Practical Unity' = when people (regardless of Region/Organisation) join together and Actually make a Raid and crash the target region, which is then added to the ever increasing catalog of 'The Practical Unity's' Trophies.

Nobody can be 'Imperialist' in practice without an ability keep own 'Protectorates' safe against attacks. 'Anti-TBR' is the stance that claims there are something so wrong when 'Invaders' invade an 'imperialist' region, when in practice any Nativedom/Native Militia, or WA-RPer Squad with 2 WA-member nations can crush these so called 'Imperialist protectorates' without knowing anything about NationStates' Updates or anything then very basics about R/D gameplay tactics and Gameplay mechanics concerning these things. 'Imperialists' Never accuse those Native militias on what they do to defenseless 'Protectorates' but, if invaders attack those regions, there will be hellish media storm on 'Breaking The Raider Unity'.

This Implies that Term 'Anti-TBR' = 'Moderate' and Certainly not part of The Practical Raider Unity.

These very basic essential things are reason why Cimmerians are 'Purists'.

Edits: most obvious typos for me. 600th Forum Comment.
Last edited by Coraxion on Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Emrys Mercer
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Emrys Mercer » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:33 pm

I'm not explicitly anti-TBR. I think TBR are dicks, but I'm not against them for tagging or raiding. And we've secured The Caucasus, by refounding it. Austria we hope to hold long enough to attempt a refound, but they will keep their own government. We just want credit for helping, if we can.
Last edited by Emrys Mercer on Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:13 pm

Emrys Mercer wrote:And thank you very much for making sure every TBR nation on the NS forums sees Austria as a target, if they hadn't already.

I'm a bit like a defender version of Mall, there's no fun unless someone is annoyed :P
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Emrys Mercer
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Emrys Mercer » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:22 pm

Drop Your Pants wrote:
Emrys Mercer wrote:And thank you very much for making sure every TBR nation on the NS forums sees Austria as a target, if they hadn't already.

I'm a bit like a defender version of Mall, there's no fun unless someone is annoyed :P

I didn't know that defender came in sadist, I thought it was like the raider models, for the lulz, and moralfag.
Last edited by Emrys Mercer on Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Emrys Mercer
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Emrys Mercer » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:34 pm

Coraxion wrote:Cimmerian Definitions for few words:

'Protectorate' = Region that can be protected, and not by forum Comments but by Game-Mechanics
'Imperialist' = Region/organisation capable invade and Keep these invasions there after i.e. making actual protectorates (= regions invulnerable to any attacks, under control of 'imperialists')
'Nativedom' = Any region, Including "Imperialist protectorates", who are defenseless against 'native uprisings' by Game Mechanics and Organisation
'Anti-TBR' = Region/organisation moderate enough to claim they do not see the Point of R, when TBR certainly sees that.
'Invader' = Region/organisation which is capable to perform invasions/Raids ('Defender' is only sub cathegory of R.)
'The Unity' = mythical never existing paradigm that 'Invaders' does not Raid other Invaders.
'The Practical Unity' = when people (regardless of Region/Organisation) join together and Actually make a Raid and crash the target region, which is then added to the ever increasing catalog of 'The Practical Unity's' Trophies.

Nobody can be 'Imperialist' in practice without an ability keep own 'Protectorates' safe against attacks. 'Anti-TBR' is the stance that claims there are something so wrong when 'Invaders' invade an 'imperialist' region, when in practice any Nativedom/Native Militia, or WA-RPer Squad with 2 WA-member nations can crush these so called 'Imperialist protectorates' without knowing anything about NationStates' Updates or anything then very basics about R/D gameplay tactics and Gameplay mechanics concerning these things. 'Imperialists' Never accuse those Native militias on what they do to defenseless 'Protectorates' but, if invaders attack those regions, there will be hellish media storm on 'Breaking The Raider Unity'.

This Implies that Term 'Anti-TBR' = 'Moderate' and Certainly not part of The Practical Raider Unity.

These very basic essential things are reason why Cimmerians are 'Purists'.

Edits: most obvious typos for me. 600th Forum Comment.

These are roughly the definitions we were using, not to be rude, but the point of this post?

Coraxion
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Coraxion » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:06 pm

Had to rant something... :)

Ainur's self-designations 'Game Player' and 'Imperialist' are contradictory between each others, if Ainur is forced to take TEK-like approach of 'Anti-TBR' (essentially meaning 'Anti-Purist' here) approach to the gameplay, particularly to R/D. If this was caused by TBR's and other raiders'/invaders' actions against protectorates not protected that well, they cannot be attacked, that Moderate stance is understandable, but if it is only reason for 'Anti-TBR' stance, there exists something not fully though with self-designations 'Imperialist' and 'gameplayer'. If this refers only to RPing, then there aren't internal contradictions. However RPers can be GPers and vise Versa. But being GPer 'Imperialist' requires being also GPer 'invader' (hypocritical Invaders maybe = 'TEK-Like' and UDL) and that Imperialist 'protectorates' could be defended by Imperialists themselves.

Tags and declarations of Allegiance, LOL!

Cimmerians tend to think that if region could be attacked it is a target and it is essentially 'Nativedom', what ever more vocal advocates of 'The Raider Unity' may say about this (Not to attack against other invaders protectorates and regions even they are essentially 'Nativedoms') and this stance is not based on hazy principles, but the Reality of status of a target region, how Protected or defenseless these 'Protectorates' really are.

Accidentally bumbing your thread. Sorry. :P
Last edited by Coraxion on Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bruhaha
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruhaha » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:34 pm

I sincerely hope Ainur chokes on a dick.

The Sapientia
Diplomat

Corporate Police State

Postby The Sapientia » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:48 pm

Bruhaha wrote:I sincerely hope Ainur chokes on a dick.

Is this really needed?

Bruhaha
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruhaha » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:49 pm

The Sapientia wrote:
Bruhaha wrote:I sincerely hope Ainur chokes on a dick.

Is this really needed?

When someone is being that much of a cunt, and also using a bot to cheat and falsify manual recruitment, then yes.

Bearon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bearon » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:09 pm

Just wanted to say Bru is not me.
Nothing to see here. Move along.

Emrys Mercer
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Emrys Mercer » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:23 pm

Coraxion wrote:Had to rant something... :)

Ainur's self-designations 'Game Player' and 'Imperialist' are contradictory between each others, if Ainur is forced to take TEK-like approach of 'Anti-TBR' (essentially meaning 'Anti-Purist' here) approach to the gameplay, particularly to R/D. If this was caused by TBR's and other raiders'/invaders' actions against protectorates not protected that well, they cannot be attacked, that Moderate stance is understandable, but if it is only reason for 'Anti-TBR' stance, there exists something not fully though with self-designations 'Imperialist' and 'gameplayer'. If this refers only to RPing, then there aren't internal contradictions. However RPers can be GPers and vise Versa. But being GPer 'Imperialist' requires being also GPer 'invader' (hypocritical Invaders maybe = 'TEK-Like' and UDL) and that Imperialist 'protectorates' could be defended by Imperialists themselves.

Tags and declarations of Allegiance, LOL!

Cimmerians tend to think that if region could be attacked it is a target and it is essentially 'Nativedom', what ever more vocal advocates of 'The Raider Unity' may say about this (Not to attack against other invaders protectorates and regions even they are essentially 'Nativedoms') and this stance is not based on hazy principles, but the Reality of status of a target region, how Protected or defenseless these 'Protectorates' really are.

Accidentally bumbing your thread. Sorry. :P

It's no problem, actually nice to see the theory explained. Our military is anti-TBR solely by TBR's behavior toward Ainur, we've never held a protectorate or colony like we've had now, with the intent we have now. The most logical explanation I can give for our behaviors and beliefs is that we do what we believe benefits Ainur most, whether it be willing or unwilling incorporation of other regions into our control. We don't adopt the "Anti-TBR" or "TEK-like" sympathies.

Emrys Mercer
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Emrys Mercer » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:25 pm

Bruhaha wrote:
The Sapientia wrote:
Is this really needed?

When someone is being that much of a cunt, and also using a bot to cheat and falsify manual recruitment, then yes.

This is not only crude, but also false. We buy stamps...
Last edited by Emrys Mercer on Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Emrys Mercer
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Emrys Mercer » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:25 pm

Bearon wrote:Just wanted to say Bru is not me.

Just leave, William.

Bearon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bearon » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:45 pm

Emrys Mercer wrote:
Bearon wrote:Just wanted to say Bru is not me.

Just leave, William.

Sorry it's just kind of hard to ignore this when it keeps popping up at the top of my thread while I'm trying to run an RP.
Last edited by Bearon on Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing to see here. Move along.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay