NATION

PASSWORD

Introduction of Fire (Baptism of Fire 38)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Undeadzombiee
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Undeadzombiee » Sat May 08, 2010 7:15 am

OOC@Zombiees: (although this goes for anyone I play) Send me your team info and I'll integrate it into my box score.

Just tell me what you need!
Desinger of International Short Track Championships
Huge (100+ people) results: empty
Big (30+ people) results: Winner of the Baptism of Fire 38!!!
Medium (15+ people) results:
Quarterfinals Golfing Championships

Small (14- people) results:
Winner of the First Interational Track Championships (1 gold, 3 silver, 1 bronze)
Winner of Warkus Soccer/Football Profesional
Quarterfinalist in Toiletdonian International
Current Light Heavyweight Champ!
Runner-up in Ender's Game Battleroom

Currently ranked in the World Cup: 179th, 2.20
GENERATION 23: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Dimoniquid
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 10, 2009
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Dimoniquid » Sat May 08, 2010 7:20 am

Dimoniquid National Team Guide

1998 - 2010

Player Profile
Name: James Diana.
Place of Birth: Luisiano.
Birthdate: 22nd January, 1987.
Height: 6'5".
Weight: 169 lbs.
Club: Luisiano United.
Favorite Foot: Left.
Favorite Club: Aero City.
Favorite Food: Elderberries.

James was born and raised in Luisiano, spending time in the playground of most of his life, playing street soccer. After being pushed by his father to use his skills for national football, he went into playing under-16's football. After accomplishing National Player of the Year, he went into his proper first league game, which he was signed to Aero City by Ricardo Mincao, he had turned to being a goal keeper, which he had a knack for. He was one hell of a saver - nearly every shot you took at him would of been saved, or knocked out of the way. - Manager Ricardo Mincao.

After Aero hit the relegation line, many stars left the club and headed towards the underdogs of the Dimmy Cup, and he headed towards the Luisiano United squad. After proving himself worthy of being in the starting eleven, he became the goalie of Carwall's dreams, on which he was promoted to national team manager.

Current group standings:
Pos  Team                       P   W   D   L   GF   GA   GD  Pts
1 Dimoniquid 3 2 1 0 5 1 4 7
2 Kazzoria 3 1 1 1 5 4 1 4
3 Senzymnia 3 0 3 0 2 2 0 3
4 Parilisa 3 0 1 2 0 5 -5 1

Goal scorers:
Millar - 2 Goals, Parilisa, Kazzoria.
Landers - 2 Goals, Parilisa, Senzymnia
Scarrot - 1 Goal, Kazzoria.
Last edited by Dimoniquid on Sat May 08, 2010 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kazzoria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kazzoria » Sat May 08, 2010 7:35 am

KAZ POST
Earlier Kazzoria faced a minor set back in they're BoF 38 campaign. The game was against a tough Dimonquid squad who went and beat the team we all love 2-0. Kazzoria's cup hopes look unlikely but there is still hope. The game started well for the Kaz they came close on few few occasions and looked like they might go on to do well and maybe win the game. Dimonquid then went on in the 20th Minute go on the break and with they're first chance of the game they buried the ball in the back of the net to go 1-0 up. Dimons then went on to control the game completely up to half time and the Kaz barely saw the ball! The first half ended and the second half picked up from were it ended. It looked certain the Dimonquid would score again and they did. 2-0. The Kazzish side looked down hearted but they fought back and came close on a lot of occasions. But it wasn't too be and the second half ended with the Kaz 2-0 down and looking uncertain for the next round sadly. But after the game the trouble really started. The Kaz team bus drove off toward there hotel. Every thing was fine and all the players were chatting about how bad the game went when suddenly the bus stopped after a big crashing thud. The bus then split in half and everyone ached. The driver instructed them to get out the bus so they did. They looked back and the bus burst into flames. They looked and an Anvil had hit the bus. It was labelled 'QoD Cartoon violence co. Killing coyotes since the early 70's'. Anyone could have dropped it and the investigations have begun. Luckily no one was killed but Bob Lee was injured and will be out for the rest of the cup. We would like anyone with evidence to come forward and snitch tell us about your evidence.
[align=center]Co-Hosted the Baptism of Fire 40 | Winner of Beach cup II | Qualified WC 56 (Quater-finals)

The St Timothy Isles
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The St Timothy Isles » Sat May 08, 2010 2:15 pm

The St Timothy Isles loses a game, sending their record down to (2-1). It was 0-2, and the players were mad. Coach Sklenar had a talk with the players:

"Team, we can't get cocky like we did today. It gives us losses." said Coach. A very muscly player, Dominik Oramas, #19, speaks back. "Yeah, that's right. Who's with me?!" They all cheered.
Siv Jackson, Minister of Foreign Affairs and World Assembly votes

DEFCON 5
"To make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe..."
--Carl Sagan
"The Jonas Brothers are here. They're out there somewhere. Sasha and Malia are huge fans. But, boys, don't get any ideas. I have two words for you: predator drones. You will never see it coming. You think I'm joking."
--Barrack Obama

Create a Mario Kart track!—http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=53596

The St Timothy Isles
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The St Timothy Isles » Sat May 08, 2010 2:47 pm

ROSTER ANNOUNCED! RECENTLY UNKNOWN PLAYERS TOLD! ALL PLAYERS YOUNG! :eek:
[tr]
#NamePosition
48Robert GreinerGoalkeeper
19Dominik OramasCentre-Back
35Paige PresleyCentre-back
25Kyle SpauldingRight Back
15Cameron JonesLeft Back
16Quadir HarveyCentre Midfielder
64James McWilliamCentre Midfielder
43Quamir GreenDefensive Midfielder
43Isaiah WilmoreOffensive Midfielder
32Jarrod SharkeyOffensive Midfielder
62Joseph MurphyCentre Forward

Formation: Always the 4-3-2-1 position

DEFCON 5
--Carl Sagan
"The Jonas Brothers are here. They're out there somewhere. Sasha and Malia are huge fans. But, boys, don't get any ideas. I have two words for you: predator drones. You will never see it coming. You think I'm joking."
--Barrack Obama

Create a Mario Kart track!—http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=53596

The St Timothy Isles
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The St Timothy Isles » Sat May 08, 2010 3:07 pm

My Uniform:

DEFCON 5
--Carl Sagan
--Barrack Obama

Unitopolis
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Unitopolis » Sat May 08, 2010 4:45 pm

Starting Line-Up (4-3-3)

GK: Martin Budsaja
LB: Séan Flawsley
CB: Eric Aldé MoM '12
CB: Yutre Garu
RB: Emile Fallopius
LW: Giuseppe Joliano
CM: Kenil Hutsa (C)
RW: Oliver Chambers
F: Dermot Scanlon (Séamus O'Mathruaigh '45)
F: Rob Van Muir
F: Niall Hunt '37(Joseph Olombo '45)

Substitutes
GK: Tomasz Zoyanski
CB: Joseph Olombo (Niall Hunt '45)
LB: Séamus O'Máthruaigh (Dermot Scanlon '45)
LM: Jon Boyde
CM: Jack Clancers

Unitopolis continued their run of three clean sheets with a comfortable 2 - 0 win over St. Timothy's isle, putting them 1st in the Plum Group. Manager Jack Beade was forced to change his starting line-up, as Jason Paul, Corenhinho and Vladimir Denzostropok are all involved in the 2010 Mega-League Cup Final. So Martin Budsaja went in goals, with Oliver Chambers on right-wing and Dermot Scanlon making his first appearance of the tournament.

Manager Jack Beade told us he'd watched "dozens of videos" of the St. Timothian team to find weaknesses and that he'd "found several". Unitopolis exploited their weaknesses quickly, with a Giuseppe Joliano corner finding Eric Aldé, who's unmarked header into the net highlighted the lack of height in the St. Timothian team.

Manager Jack Beade seemed unusually defense-minded, shouting several times at Kenil Hutsa to track back more. The Unitopolis team seemed to be ignoring him as they swept forward. A second goal seemed inevitable and in the end it was Oliver Chambers who made it, with a great ball across the park finding Niall Hunt on the edge of the box, who's scuffed shot somehow found the net.

With Unitopolis 2 - 0 up at half-time, Jack Beade used two of his substitutions adopting a more defensive strategy. Niall Hunt came off for Joseph Olombo and Dermot Scanlon was brought off for Séamus O'Máthruaigh as Unitopolis switched to a 6-3-1 formation. This seemed to work as centre-forward Joseph Murphy hardly got a sniff of the ball. The only nervous moment was a close Cameron Jones shot, but fortunately the left-back's effort was saved by Budsaja and the score remained 2-0 until the referee blew up for full-time.

Unitopolis 2 - 0 St. Timothy isles: Aldé '12, Hunt '37
Man of the Match: Eric Aldé
UTN Sports - Baptism of Fire Coverage
LINTYLAND wrote:
Unitopolis wrote:What's my title Linty?

Best Rapper Alive

Denecaep wrote: Best Rapper
- Unitopolis WINNER
The Unitopolitan Embassy
Baptism of Fire 38: 3rd
Cup of Harmony 43, 44, 45, 47: Second Round
Gaelic Football World Cup I: 3rd
Gaelic Football World Cup II: Winners
Gaelic Football World Cup III: Winners
Olympic Bronze Medals in 200m and 400m sprints

Unitopolis
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Unitopolis » Sat May 08, 2010 4:52 pm

"Great game lads," said Jack Beade as the Unitopolis team walked into the dressing rooms. "Well done, the two goals were excellent and i was absolutely thrilled with the way we defended, unfortunately, Mt. Shavano defended just as well so let's not celebrate too much, we still can improve our defence." He walked out of the room, but turned just before he left to make a statement he knew would be percieved as crass and rude, but he decided to make it anyway. "To beat John Landry's lads we're going to need a defence tighter than a nun's vagina." And he left to shouts of laughter and disgust.

(Ooc) if you want i can edit that :p
LINTYLAND wrote:

Best Rapper Alive

- Unitopolis WINNER
The Unitopolitan Embassy

Hassett
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 11, 2009
Anarchy

Postby Hassett » Sat May 08, 2010 5:04 pm

Excerpt from the Hassett Daily Telegraph:
PIRATES REMAIN SCORELESS BECAUSE OF SMALL BUG
The Hassett Pirates tied their first game earlier today, a game they would have won had it not been for a small little interference. The game had remained 0-0 up to the 89th minute against the Shinnian Islands. It was during this final minute that Hassett, team captain/coach/emperor, ran from the goal (where he served as the team's goalie), took the ball up all 120 yards, and kicked the ball a whopping 80mph. The ball would have hit upper ninety, out of the opposing goalie's reach, had it not been for a small bug that was sitting on a blade of grass right before Hassett kicked the ball. This bug put more spin on the rock than Hassett intended on doing, sending the ball wide left as time expired. Hassett had only one thing to say, "Whay can I say? Fate was out against me. We coulda won this game if it weren't for that damn bug." After the game, the Pirates hit the Pubs again in anticipation for their next match against Western Cuba, which should be an easy victory considering we beat them 5-1 earlier this week. The team remains on top for the Fig group.
Black and Yellow
Economic Left/Right: 8.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82
-Former United States
-Hassett: A History through Flags

Inabi
Envoy

Founded: Feb 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Inabi » Sat May 08, 2010 5:10 pm

SPORTS
Recap and Interview with Inabian Star Forward Kim Chul-Soon: by Lee Hwa Sook

RAHLIA, QUINTESSENCE OF DUST - It seems that with each win the Inabian National Football Team, the more confident they get! Although relatively new to the International Football world, their appearance seems to have brought a heck of a punch. Against all three opposing teams in the Pineapple Group, they have come out strong. Against Sierra Apathia, they had win with a fantastic 5-2, three goals ahead of their opponent. Against the Sentient Nuke team, they won in a shutout with 3-0. Now, just this morning, they won their game again in a shutout 3-0! The Inabian team is one of the few still undefeated teams in the Introduction to Fire and, so far, one of the highest scoring teams as well. I was able to get a word in with Inabian Star Forward Kim Chul-Soon right after the game:

Lee Hwa Sook: Kim Chul-Soon, nice to meet you. Being a journalist from the Jakar Post's Sports section, I wanted to ask you about the team, Introduction to Fire, the past games, the future games, and yourself.

Kim Chul-Soon: Nice to meet you as well, ask away!

Lee Hwa Sook: You've been playing on Oushi United for quite some time now, but this is your and the team's first time being in a huge International competition, how do you feel about this?

Kim Chul-Soon: Excited, nervous, a whole mix of emotions. I just try to take it one game at a time.

Lee Hwa Sook: Have you been thinking about all the recognition you'd get from this?

Kim Chul-Soon: I haven't really thought of it. [/laughter] I thought I'd be pretty well known enough by now.

Lee Hwa Sook: Going off of that, you are one of the older players on the team. Do you command respect in the locker room?

Kim Chul-Soon: I wouldn't really say 'command.' It just comes naturally I suppose. You see an older player, they are the veteran. You try and learn from them, and once they retire, you surpass them and become the new veteran. Its an endless cycle.

Lee Hwa Sook: Do you get mad if a player disrespects you?

Kim Chul-Soon: Not really. I think they just feel insecure.

Lee Hwa Sook: What is your opinion on having a younger player then you being the captain?

Kim Chul-Soon: Honestly, its not that bad. The guy has a lot under his belt. He can pump-up the team, keep them under control, co-ordinate attacks. He's a level-headed guy and I'm perfectly fine with him being the captain. But can we get by the age? I'm not that old.

Lee Hwa Sook: [/chuckle] Of course, of course. What do you think about the Head Coach?

Kim Chul-Soon: Strict, has a temper, and stubborn as a mule. But I like him anyways. If a Coach wasn't like that, especially with players like Il-Sung, the whole team would fall apart.

Lee Hwa Sook: What do you think about Il-Sung?

Kim Chul-Soon: He has a lot of talent, but he usually tangles it all up when his emotions get the better of him. Once he sees someone taunting him, get by him, or even something minor like step on his foot, he goes on the rampage.

Lee Hwa Sook: Do you hold anything against him?

Kim Chul-Soon: Nope, got to let people learn from their mistakes. Hopefully, he'll grow out of the tantrum stage.

Lee Hwa Sook: What do you think about the last game?

Kim Chul-Soon: Fantastic. We put all our heart and effort into that game and it really showed.

Lee Hwa Sook: Like in Game One, you scored two goals in this game, making you the highest scorer on the team thus far. What do you think about that?

Kim Chul-Soon: Well, I don't like to think too highly about myself. It inflates my ego and takes me out of the game. And of course, Park Soon-Hak scored a goal as well.

Lee Hwa Sook: Do you think the team is going to make it all the way to the end?

Kim Chul-Soon: As long as we keep playing the way we do, keep it together, and don't get overly confident, I think we're good to go. Heck, we might even win the whole thing!

Lee Hwa Sook: Anyone you're looking forward to play?

Kim Chul-Soon: It's hard to tell. Once we're in the top 16, give me a call and I'll tell you.

Lee Hwa Sook: It's been a pleasure interviewing you.

Kim Chul-Soon: Ditto, sorta.
The Lord Protector's State of Inabi
DEFCON: 5 l [4] l 3 l 2 l 1
NSEconomy ll Pact with Vostria ll Inabi Factbook
Satellites: Parodoxial, Piral, and The Ignorant Peoples
Conflicts: Windica-Inabi War (Victory)

Kryosis
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 21, 2006
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kryosis » Sat May 08, 2010 5:18 pm

ARTHEIM, KRYOSIS -- Riots have occured outside KFA headquarters in Artheim after Alfred Ambrose decided to drop the highly popular captain of the national football team, Gerardo Lopez. The forward, who regularly plays for Osarian club champions Firewood City, is said to have had a bust up with Ambrose after being substituted in the match with Aluetiva. Lopez was then omitted entirely from the squad to face St. Pauls Isle, a match Kryosis won 2-0. The talented front man had just scored a tremendous solo effort late in the game against Aluetiva, when Ambrose hauled him off in a fury. While the Kryosis manager told the press after the match that there was no incident, and that it was a misunderstanding, many have suggested otherwise.

Our source tells us that Ambrose does not trust Lopez, and has been looking for an excuse to drop him. Many have told us of a rift in the dressing room between some of the Osarius based players - who have sided with Lopez - and the home-based players, who apparently agree with the manager. For the next match - the second tie against Aluetiva - it is unclear whether the Firewood hitman will feature. Ambrose had the following to say "The situation with Gerardo has been blown out of proportion, I do not believe his actions were in line with what we are trying to achieve with this team, and I have relegated him to the substitute's bench to make a point. No player is above the rules. There is no conspiracy, there is no division, and I do not hold a grudge against him in any way." Regardless of the manager's protestations, these reports will trouble the Emperor, who is said to have ordered the KFA to get Lopez on the national team. If his favourite player is not seen in action, there could be dire consequences for Mr Ambrose.

On a lighter note, the man at the heart of the scandal scored again to give the national team the lead in the last match. Again, he created and took the chance by himself, before being pulled off. His replacement, Faustino Vargas, made an almost immediate impact, doubling the Kryosis lead within minutes. It was the defence which stole the show, though. Ryan Crow showed exactly why he is the youngest player to represent the country for fifty years, as he almost single handedly snuffed out the threat of the opposing forwards. Playing alongside talented, experienced defenders like Kennedy and Curry has clearly benefited his development, as has working under his father at Osarian club Paper Tree Town. Much like his father, Ryan was aggressive in his ball-winning, and gave Rodrigo Montoya excellent support in closing down the space between midfield and defence.

Having already beaten Aluetiva once in the competition, the team will likely go into the next match brimming with confidence. A five-goal haul last time around is encouraging, although they will surely be looking to improve on the defensive showing from last time - when they conceded twice. To this end, we are told that Ambrose has been running extra defensive drills in training, with the focus on having the midfield close any gaps and the attacking players put more pressure on opposition players in the middle of the park. He Whose Name Is Awesome will be present for the next match, so the team will definitely need to be performing to the best of their ability to ensure they do not incur his wrath. It would be a shame to see a talented side such as this one fall victim to the same fate as the tragic side of 2144 - who were summarily executed when the Emperor's father saw them crushed 7-0 by Osarius at home.

Likely starting lineup to face Aluetiva: Baird, Rose (c), Kennedy, Crow, Curry, Montoya, Raymond, Mosley, Coffey, Mercado, Reyale
The remnants of the Empire exist in a state of mystery.
A cabal of silent, shadowy figures effectively runs the country at present, though many believe they are a front for Osarian puppet mastery.

Population: ~17 million | Capital: Kriminis, Angari

Zarbli
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Zarbli » Sat May 08, 2010 8:20 pm

ZYARN, QUINTESSENCE OF DUST - A fine football match for the Zarblese squad took place yesterday in Zyarn, in the Quintessence of Dust, for the third round of the first stage of this year's Introduction of Fire. It was a recovery match for our team, after the dreadful 3-0 defeat for Mount Shavano. The Zarblese players and coach were able to use the match against he weak Upper North Yorkshire team to regain the trust and get back in track for qualifying to the next stage an won a convincing 3-1 victory.

Although the team was a felt some pressure in the first 5 minutes, a distant shot in the post of UNY's goal by Zarblese captain Uiliam Ualase was enough to make his teammates wake up to the game, and after some minutes of continous fire against the opponent's goal, Txak Nohis, Juliana Duna and Bandebola Norman exchanged quick passes and Nohis scored the first goal for Zarbli in a powerful kick right in front of UNY's goalkeeper. Zarbli 1-0.

After participating in the play tha resulted in the first goal, young Duna, who was in the match replacing an injured Livia Karazaua, began to like the match and became Zarblese most dangerous player. Her effort was rewarded yet in the first half, when she received a long pass from Jenio Aladin, got face to face with the goalkeeper and, without blinking, dribled her way through him and scored in an empty goal, giving Zarbli a 2-0 advantage in the first half.

The team came back for the second half looking excessively relaxed, passin the ball in the midfield and with little effort to score the third goal. With this, UNY started threatening Gabriel Kasapa's goal for the first time in the match. Though not very effective, this ofensive effort resulted in a yellow card for Al Maome and a corner, which NYU used to score its firs goal after a fail attempt to intercept the corner kick by Kasapa. 2-1, and Zarbli needed to wake up.

And so they did, after coach Gomen put in the field Enrike Tudor in the place of Maome and (ST) in the place of Norman. These alterations proved right, as both players took part in the play that resulted in the Zarblese third goal. After a quick run through the left by Tudor, he crossed the ball for (ST) who could only be stopped by a dangerous fault near the area. Aladin used the opportunity to put a perfect ball in the opposing goal. 3-1, and Zarbli won te match.

"D'you see that? It was awesome, man!", said an excited Juliana Duna, Zarblese best player in the match when leaving the field. If she continues to play at this level, Livia Karazaua will have a hard time when she comes back for the second stage of the competition, if Zarbli qualifies, of course. In the second place of the group with 6 points, behind an undefeated Mount Shavano, the next match against Undeadzombiee is of utter importance. A victory might guarantee our qualification. A defeat may bring extremely hard times for our squad.

Zarbli: Kasapa; Treta, Uindsor, Txartxhil and Maome [Y] (then Tudor); Ualace (c), Raxid [Y] (then San), Aladin and Nohis; Duna and Norman (then Leonidas)
Goals: Nohis (17'), Duna (37') and Aladin (73')
The United Nations of Zarbli
NEW PARLIAMENT ELECTED!

NSWiki entry (still unfinished) | Map | Coat of Arms
Long Live the Queen!

CHECK OUT MY WEBCOMIC: Português | English

Zarbli
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zarbli » Sat May 08, 2010 8:25 pm

Everyone was concentrated inside tha Zarblese locker-room for the match ahead of them against Undeadzombiee, wating for their coach's lecture.

"Now, listen carefully. This will be the hardest and most important game for us in this first stage. Yeah, I know we beat them once before, and I know Moun Shavano is doing better in our group, but that means nothing. Our first match against the Zombiees was intense, rough. A real battle. Yeah, we won, but they could've won just as easily. And you know what's different now? This match will be life or death for them. It's now or never, so they'll play with all their heart and all their strenght... And we ought to do he same. If we win this, we'll be this close to qualifying. If we lose, it willean hell breaking lose for us. They want revenge, they want our blood... And they want not to die in this competition. Let's do our job and not let them take from us what they want."

The speech was received by the players with cheers of approval. Then it was time for Uiliam Ualace, their captain and leader to go to the center of the players. He shouted:

"ZARBLESE! WHAT IS YOUR PROFESSION?"

The players raised heir boots and answered "A-HUH!" Ualace continued.

"I hope you had your breakfasts, boys and girls, 'CAUSE TONIGHT... WE DINE... IN HELL!"

A loud roar came from the locker-room. They were ready for their fight.

Paulo Gomen will use the same team they used against Upper North Yorkshire for the game against Undeadzombiee:
-------------1----------------
-----------Kasapa-------------
------------------------------
---------3---------4----------
------Uindsor--Txartxhil------
--2------------------------6--
Treta--------------------Maome
-----------5------------------
---------Ualase---------------
-----------------16-----------
----------------Raxid---------
-------10---------------------
-----Aladin-------------------
----------------------11------
---------------------Nohis----
--------18--------------------
-------Duna-------------------
---------------20-------------
-------------Norman-----------

You know what they say, "You don't change a winning team"...
NEW PARLIAMENT ELECTED!

Long Live the Queen!

Mount Shavano
Minister

Founded: Jan 04, 2008
Corporate Bordello

Postby Mount Shavano » Sat May 08, 2010 10:41 pm

The Front Range Republic team huddled in the middle of the field. Kickoff was minutes away. David Salina, team captain, was giving a brief pre-game speech. "Game four! No different from the others. Play clutch, play our game ninety minutes. Ninety minutes on three."

"One, two, three..."

"NINETY MINUTES!" The huddle broke and the team dispersed to their positions as the stadium in Zyarn was filled with the cheers of 100,000 people on the other side of the world.
The Federation of Mount Shavano
Consul Morgan Dawson
Capital : San Angelo
The Cowboy Angel Rides

The St Timothy Isles
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Predictions

Postby The St Timothy Isles » Sun May 09, 2010 5:17 am

Plum Group Game 3 Soccer Predictions:
Unitopolis vs. Emothica: Unitopolis wins 2-0
The St Timothy Isles vs. Toy Toy: STI wins 3-0

DEFCON 5
--Carl Sagan
--Barrack Obama

Quintessence of Dust
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 21, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Quintessence of Dust » Sun May 09, 2010 6:03 am

MD4 cutoff.

Persimmon Group

Tonarius 3-0 Khytenna
Vjiay 2-2 Negative Katana
1 Vjiay 4 2 2 0 10 5 5 8
2 Tonarius 4 2 0 2 8 5 3 6
3 Khytenna 4 1 1 2 2 7 -5 4
4 Negative Katana 4 0 3 1 4 7 -3 3

Almond Group

Dennisov 1-0 Vyknov
Zenethj 4-1 Hillpiece
1 Dennisov 4 3 0 1 6 3 3 9
2 Zenethj 4 2 0 2 10 7 3 6
3 Hillpiece 4 2 0 2 6 9 -3 6
4 Vyknov 4 1 0 3 3 6 -3 3

Fig Group

Western Cuba 3-1 Hassett
The Shinnian Islands 0-0 South Norwega
1 Hassett 4 2 1 1 9 5 4 7
2 South Norwega 4 2 1 1 6 6 0 7
3 The Shinnian Islands 4 1 2 1 5 3 2 5
4 Western Cuba 4 1 0 3 5 11 -6 3

Pineapple Group

Inabi 2-0 Sierra Apathia
Sentient Nukes 2-0 Rick Roll Land
1 Inabi 4 4 0 0 13 2 11 12
2 Rick Roll Land 4 2 0 2 4 6 -2 6
3 Sentient Nukes 4 1 0 3 3 6 -3 3
4 Sierra Apathia 4 1 0 3 3 9 -6 3

Pear Group

Upper North Yorkshire 0-0 Mount Shavano
Undeadzombiee 2-2 Zarbli
1 Mount Shavano 4 3 1 0 10 0 10 10
2 Zarbli 4 2 1 1 8 8 0 7
3 Undeadzombiee 4 1 1 2 6 7 -1 4
4 Upper North Yorkshire 4 0 1 3 1 10 -9 1

Plum Group

Emothica 0-5 Unitopolis
St Timothy Isles 1-1 Toy Toy
1 Unitopolis 4 4 0 0 12 0 12 12
2 St Timothy Isles 4 2 1 1 5 4 1 7
3 Emothica 4 1 0 3 2 7 -5 3
4 Toy Toy 4 0 1 3 2 10 -8 1

Elderberry Group

Senzymnia 2-0 Kazzoria
Dimoniquid 3-1 Parilisa
1 Dimoniquid 4 3 1 0 8 2 6 10
2 Senzymnia 4 1 3 0 4 2 2 6
3 Kazzoria 4 1 1 2 5 6 -1 4
4 Parilisa 4 0 1 3 1 8 -7 1

Gooseberry Group

Odinex 3-0 St Paul's Isle
Kryosis 3-0 Aluetiva
1 Kryosis 4 3 0 1 10 4 6 9
2 Odinex 4 2 1 1 5 2 3 7
3 St Paul's Isle 4 2 0 2 5 7 -2 6
4 Aluetiva 4 0 1 3 4 11 -7 1

Kiwi Group

Colurada 0-0 Tarmeny
Palatazze 0-1 WalesaIreland
1 Palatazze 4 3 0 1 10 4 6 9
2 WalesaIreland 4 2 1 1 6 4 2 7
3 Colurada 4 1 2 1 4 6 -2 5
4 Tarmeny 4 0 1 3 4 10 -6 1

Cloudberry Group

Quattrablegia 0-1 Lovable Weirdos
DRo Alba 4-0 Chocolate Pencils
1 DRo Alba 4 2 1 1 8 4 4 7
2 Chocolate Pencils 4 2 1 1 3 5 -2 7
3 Lovable Weirdos 4 1 1 2 3 4 -1 4
4 Quattrablegia 4 0 3 1 2 3 -1 3

As a reminder, the group winners plus six highest placed finishers qualify for the Round of 16. At present, those six teams would be:
1 Odinex 4 2 1 1 5 2 3 7
2 WalesaIreland 4 2 1 1 6 4 2 7
3 St Timothy Isles 4 2 1 1 5 4 1 7
4 Zarbli 4 2 1 1 8 8 0 7
5 South Norwega 4 2 1 1 6 6 0 7
6 Chocolate Pencils 4 2 1 1 3 5 -2 7

Second He's Had An Absolute Holocaust online poll:
    What do you find most improbable about this tournament so far?

"That over 1,000 people went to see the latest Cloudberry Group games." - 52%
    "A giant anvil falling on a team bus." - 7%
    "A tiny bug diverting the path of a football." - 3%
    "That South Norwega's press team have avoided making any 'left wing' jokes." - 9%
    "Mount Shavano's goalkeeping." - 29%
Last edited by Quintessence of Dust on Sun May 09, 2010 6:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
The fight is long and tough, but together, we can make it. -- José Carlos Mariátegui

Two kinds of pork in one soup? Bring it on. -- Christina Hendricks

Odinex
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Odinex » Sun May 09, 2010 8:04 am

Thor's Hammer
Odinex's Prime News Network

The "Blue Thunder" recorded a stunning victory over the St. Paul's Isles. With 2 early goals in the first half, and one early in the second half, the final score was 3-0. This now puts Odinex in second place in their group, only two points behind the leaders. This now makes Odinex's record in the tournament 2-1-1. With only two games left, we hope the way they played against St. Paul's will continue.

"This was an excellent result. We played hard, and are now where we deserve to be...with the leaders," said Captain Regulus Clemente.

At the start of the game Odinex found their groove. In the 6th minute, Fabio Nando found the back of the net from just in front of the 18. Rorie Wheland crossed the ball in from the left, where it was received by Olaf Bernard. He one touched it back to the top of the 18 where Nando was waiting. He blasted it into the top right corner. The goalie never saw it coming. In the 23rd minute, Regulus Clemente found a hole and hit Qusay. Qusay watched him run his route, then hit a through ball which left Clemente alone with the goalie. One of the St. Paul's Isle's defenders chased him down and tried to kick the ball out, but found his leg. Too bad for him, it was in the box. But Clemente wasn't getting up easily, so he was helped off. Reports say he will be able to play in the next game. So Olaf Bernard took the PK, and hit it to the left. The goalie dove right, 2-0! Clemente was replaced by midfielder Gad Lucas. At the start of the second half, St. Paul's Isle had a good chance on goal, but couldn't finish it in the end. In the 55th minute, Marcel Adlai found some room on the right and crossed it into middle. Nando couldn't find a head to it, but Rorie Wheland was waiting behind him, and hit a volley into the back of the net. In the 60th minute, Qusay was taken off for Morpheus Adrian. For the last 30 minutes, Odinex mainly tried to maintain possession, and it worked. Final score 3-0. They can't wait to play the leaders of their group, Kryosis, in the next game.
Sports Achievements
Baptism of Fire 38 - Round of 16

Military Info
Coming soon

Chelsea Fan "True Blue"

Mount Shavano
Minister

Founded: Jan 04, 2008
Corporate Bordello

Postby Mount Shavano » Sun May 09, 2010 8:09 am

Front Range Soccer ties Upper North Yorkshire, Showdown with Zarbli Looms

ZYARN, QUINTESSENCE OF DUST - Yesterday night the Front Range Republic's national soccer team played the fourth game of the Baptism of Fire, tying Upper North Yorkshire 0-0. The game was characterized by unexpectedly poor shooting by Mount Shavano, only 6 of 17 on net, and another spectacular performance by goalkeeper Robert Anderson, whose penalty kick save in the 77th minute perserved the tie. When Anderson was told that 29% of respondents on He's Had An Absolute Holocaust thought that his string of four consecutive shutouts was the most improbable event of the tournament, reportedly quipped "Well, I'm glad the other 71% percent have such confidence in me".

The loss sets up a huge showdown with Zarbli in the 5th game. A win by Mount Shavano would clinch the Pear Group and a tournament seed, while a win by Zarbli would tie up the division going into the final round of games, with Mount Shavano facing a dangerous Zombiee squad while Zarbli would get to play winless Upper North Yorkshire. The last time the teams met, Mount Shavano prevailed in a lopsided 3-0 game. This time, the forecast calls for clear, cold weather and it is expected to be standing room only at Admirals Stadium.

BOX SCORE
Goals by Period..........1 2 Tot
---------------------------------------------------------
Mount Shavano..........0..0..0
Upper North Yorkshire..0..0..0

Mount Shavano
Pos ## Player...........................Sh SOG GS As +/-
----------------------------------------------------------------
GK 12 Anderson, Robert...............0...0...0...0...0
D 13 Flowers, Isaac....................0...0...0...0...0
D 33 Salina, David.....................0...0...0...0...0
D 14 Rimes, Jack......................0...0...0...0...0
M 11 Holmes, Raymond...............2...2...0...0...0
M 01 Hobbes, John....................0...0...0...0...0
M 23 Hobbes, Julius...................1...0...0...0...0
M 09 Watson, Front...................3...1...0...0...0
F 08 Herron, Mike.....................3...0...0...0...0
F 03 Clark, Lewis......................2...1...0...0...0
F 10 Grant, John.......................3...1...0...0...0
----RESERVES-------------------------------------------------
F 45 Travis, Jim.......................2...1...0...0...0
F 41 Smith, Frank.....................0...0...0...0...0
M 62 Jackson, George................0...0...0...0...0
M 17 Pershing, Ted....................0...0...0...0...0
M 44 Bradley, Matt....................1...0...0...0...0
D 76 Jones, George...................0...0...0...0...0
D 05 Nelson, William..................0...0...0...0...0
GK 02 Lee, Patrick.....................0...0...0...0...0
TOTALS Mount Shavano..............17...6...0...0...0

Mount Shavano
Pos ## Player MIN GA SV +/-
-----------------------------------------------------------
GK 12 Anderson, Robert..........90:00...0..11....0
GK 02 Lee, Patrick................00:00...0...0....0

SCORING
Goal Time Team : Scorer, Assist
-----------------------------------------------------
NONE

OOC: So I was scrolling up from the bottom, and the first thing I saw was "Mount Shavano's Goalkeeping" on a list of improbable events and I figured I must have won. Then, I found the actual score and I was like "Awwwwwwwwww..."
Last edited by Mount Shavano on Sun May 09, 2010 8:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Federation of Mount Shavano
Consul Morgan Dawson
Capital : San Angelo
The Cowboy Angel Rides

Dimoniquid
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 10, 2009
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Dimoniquid » Sun May 09, 2010 9:17 am

Behind the scenes... HALF TIME.

"Good work, boys. Millar, keep on your toes, I want another goal from you. Head - I'm seeing the skill that I saw from you the past few matches. What's up?" Carwall said, walking into the changing rooms. Millar took a swig of water from his bottle. A bead of sweat trickled from his brow, and he wiped it off.
"It's that bloomin' defender! He keeps shoving me, and I can't get anywhere because the ref' doesn't card 'im!" Bailey replied, rubbing his head. That one defender was marking him - and somehow he was getting away with it.
"Trick 'im then. Landers, good job, one goal from you. Diana, well done on that block, but the rebound wasn't so good." Carwall added, loosening his tie. He was wearing a three piece suit, imported from the southern border. "Just remember - we're two-one up, so one more goal won't kill us. And make it a good one."

Behind the scenes... FULL TIME.

"I think it was a stonker, to be honest, I mean it was sent up into the air, and then I decided to make a name for myself and send it in." Redgewell said, exhaling and inhaling another breathe. "And the formation change was a real eye opener - they were sneaking through our left wing, so the old boss decided to stick Millar down there, since he's not half bad and keepin' the ball."
"And Mr Carwall, how do you feel about today's game?" The Dimonicist reporter asked.
"Brilliant - we're now four points away from the nearest team, with a goal difference of 6 goals, I reckon we could get into the top twelve." Carwall replied. "And the players were very determined, since ol' Reggie here wanted to make a name for himself. What a goal - eh?"

Current standings:
1 Dimoniquid 4 3 1 0 8 2 6 10
2 Senzymnia 4 1 3 0 4 2 2 6
3 Kazzoria 4 1 1 2 5 6 -1 4
4 Parilisa 4 0 1 3 1 8 -7 1

Scorers:
Millar - 3 Goals, Parilisa, Kazzoria, Parilisa.
Landers - 3 Goals, Parilisa, Senzymnia, Parilisa.
Scarrot - 1 Goal, Kazzoria.
Redgewell - 1 Goal, Parilisa.
Last edited by Dimoniquid on Sun May 09, 2010 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vjiay
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Vjiay » Sun May 09, 2010 9:50 am

First off all, we would like to apologise for the late match report of the Vjiay-Khytenna match. Our building had to be evacuated due to an incident involving a baby, a badger and lentil soup.

Vjiay 3-0 Khytenna

The match against Khytenna was another display of domination by the Vjiayans, this time they managed to keep a clean sheet and the score-line fairly represented the way the match went.

The Vjiayans went into the game with high hopes, having yet to lose a game in the Introduction of Fire and having, eventually, comfortably defeated Tonarius. Their confidence showed as soon as the whistle was blown, every man was passing short, accurate passes and the Khytennans could barely keep up.

The Vjiayan centre-forwards were peppering the Khytennan goal, after just twenty minutes Vjiay had amassed a mammoth nine shots on target, good goal line clearances from the Khytennan defenders were the only things standing in the way of a rout.

The breakthrough did come, however. On the twenty-ninth minute the Vjiayan left-back Stefan Jackson demonstrated the beauty and effectiveness of route one football. He hefted it forward over seventy yards, which sailed over the Khytennan defence and right into the path of Dwayne Lightfoot, who gratefully latched on to it, sliding a simple finish past the keeper from twelve yards.

The Khytennans, who had up until then defended brilliantly, now let their heads drop. Misplaced pass followed misplaced pass and right on the stroke of half-time a moment of madness from one of their centre-backs, who had tried to casually pass the ball across his own area, allowed the ever-present Wrede to poke home. Vjiay went in two goals to the good at half time.

Frustratingly, he Vjiayans didn’t speed out of the blocks as much as their fans wished. They were playing a cool passing game, patiently building the pressure upon the Khytennans until, on the eightieth minute a beautifully weighted ball from Lightfoot again found the feet of Wrede who blasted into the net.

All-in-all three nil was probably a fair result. The Vjiayans again didn’t fully capitalise on their chances but Khytenna didn’t play poorly enough to deserve anything more.

60% - Possession – 40%
17 - Attempts on Target – 5
20 – Attempts off Target – 6
9 – Corners – 2
4 – Fouls – 2
1 – Yellow Cards – 0
0 – Red Cards - 0

Undeadzombiee
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Undeadzombiee » Sun May 09, 2010 1:58 pm

What a roller coaster this season has been for the Zombiee’s! They started with an ugly loss to Zarbli, then got a refreshing win against Upper North Yorkshire, and then lost again to Mount Shavano, a tank on the pitch. And now, they end up tying Zarbli!

In what started out very exciting, the Zombiee’s rushed to a 1-0 lead with a beautiful shot by Kalen, falling just under the crossbar, about an inch from the goalkeeper’s grasp, in the eighth minute. People were quite excited at this, and began thinking about being only four points behind (for the first game in the Pear Group was already finished, along with most of the other games), and one point out of the second place leader board.

Then Zombiee fans roared when, six minutes later, Klinetob shot a bumbling, spinning shot that bounced out of the keeper’s cradled arms, and into the goal. The Zarbli team was in panic mode, trying desperately to get the ball on our side of the field. They turned it over again, and Klinetob had a clear path to the goal.

Suddenly he was side-swiped, and fell to the ground, writhing in pain. He couldn’t get up of his own power, and Carlos Nicks was sent in. This seemed to be the turning point of the match, as in the thirty first minute, Juliana Duna scored a shot past Armour, and he punched the ground in frustration, mad that he had let the momentum slip.

And slip the Zombiee’s did, letting in another goal, this one from Bandebola Norman, in the fortieth minute. He got a pass from Duna, and then dribbled amazingly around the goalkeeper. Armour, after the goal, kicked Norman, earning him a questionable yellow card, and was pulled for El Bailido.

This looked like the stage for a high scoring win for the Zombiee, but the second half was realativly tame, with neither team making it into the goal box, and only one shot, by Zarbli, attemped.

The coach though, was unhappy with the Zombiee’s performance. After the game, he said, “Although I am slightly glad we didn’t lose, I am still unhappy with our current performance. We need to get more shots, and less dribbling. We also needed to control our temper. I would give this performance a C-.”

Zombiee's
(Halfs)       1st    2nd    Total
Goals 2 0 2
Shots 7 0 7
On target 4 0 4
Penalties 1 1 2

Zarbli
(Halfs)       1st    2nd    Total
Goals 2 0 2
Shots 13 1 14
On target 6 0 6
Penalties 1 0 1
Last edited by Undeadzombiee on Sun May 09, 2010 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Winner of the First Interational Track Championships (1 gold, 3 silver, 1 bronze)

GENERATION 23: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Zarbli
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zarbli » Sun May 09, 2010 2:44 pm

ZYARN, QUINTESSENCE OF DUST - It took a while for Zarbli get tuned to the game they were playing against Undeadzombiee this evening in Zyarn. Just some minutes after the referee started the game, it was already 1-0 for the Zombiees, after an awesome shot by Kalen. And it took thieir team only another six minutes to score the second one, in yet another abnormal failure from Kasapa when trying to stop Klinetob's shot, with the ball phasing through his hands as if they weren't solid - the hands, not the ball.

Klinetob was on fire, and Zarbli was burning. The Zombiee player looked unstoppable, passing through the Zarblese defender as if he was playing with friends, and had another 2 very dangerous chances of goal. He had to be stopped, and that's what a furious Liz Uindsor did in an unnecessary violent fault that took him out of the game. The referee chose to give her only an yellow card, much for the fury of the Zombiees.

Even though the play was dirty, it was nevertheless effective. With Klinetob out, the Undeadzombiee team lost its heart, and the Zarblese players were able to slowly reagain terrain and their trust. Juliana Duna was the responsible for starting Zarblese reaction. She received the ball from Treta next the penalty area, dribled through Pagley and got face to face with Armour, who couldn't stop her shot. 2-1, and Duna celebrated it as if that meant the rebirth of her teammates.

Young as she is, she was the one who took control of the match for Zarbli, and a ball given by her to Norman resulted in Zarblese tie goal, as he made an awsome fast drible pass Armour and score shooting at an empty goal. The frustrated goalkeeper retrieved by kicking Norman in the knee, and the referee once again showed his weakness by giving him just an yellow card.

After this exciting first half, the second one was horrible, with the rain, the violence and the permissiveness of the referee as the highest points. 2-2, and both teams complaining about each other and the referee. Zarbli kept the second place, but with Mount Shavano's 0-0 tie against UNY, it seemed more like a wasted opportunity to get only 1 point behind the group leader, their opponents in the next match. Let's see if Duna and Norman keep their good phase and are able to finally shake their goalkeeper's yet undisturbed nets.

Zarbli: Kasapa [Y]; Treta, Uindsor [Y] (then Miki); Txartxhil [Y] and Maome; Ualase (c) [Y] (then Bonaparte), Raxid, Aladin (then Disisparta) and Nohis [Y]; Duna and Norman.
Goals: Duna (31') and Norman (40')
Last edited by Zarbli on Sun May 09, 2010 7:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NEW PARLIAMENT ELECTED!

Long Live the Queen!

Unitopolis
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Unitopolis » Sun May 09, 2010 4:11 pm

Starting Line-Up (4-3-3)

GK: Jason Paul
LB: Séan Flawsley
CB: Eric Aldé
CB: Yutre Garu
RB: Emile Fallopius '89
LW: Giuseppe Joliano
CM: Kenil Hutsa (C)
RW: Oliver Chambers '43
F: Coreninho MoM'3, '18, '60
F: Rob Van Muir
F: Niall Hunt

Substitutes
GK: Martin Budsaja
CB: Joseph Olombo
LM: Jon Boyde
CM: Jack Clancers
F: Dermot Scanlon

The Unitopolis team marked their 50th game under Jack Beade with a 5-0 win over Emothica, thanks to goals from Corenhinho, Oliver Chambers and Emile Fallopius. With Vladimir Denzostropok injured following the 2010 Mega-League Cup Final, Oliver Chambers remained in right-midfield.

Corenhinho scored after just three minutes after a long Yutre Garu ball wrong-footed the Emothican defence and allowed the Brazilian through. Emothica responded well, launching several dangerous attacks into our box, though they were well repelled by Eric Aldé and Yutre Garu. Just before the 20 minute-mark Giuseppe Joliano was pulled down following a mazy run into the box and Unitopolis were awarded a penalty. Corenhinho stepped up to take it, and he cleverly sent the 'keeper the wrong way.

From that moment on, the result was never really in doubt and Unitopolis grabbed a third just before half-time, an Oliver Chambers shot deflected in giving Unitopolis a comfortable 3 - 0 lead. Jack Beade made no changes at the break, same as his Emothican counter-part.

A 59th minute Kenil Hutsa free-kick was excellently saved by the Emothican goalkeeper, though he could only parry it into the path of Corenhinho, who tidily chipped him for his first international hat-trick. Beade encouraged everyone to get back and Uni were quiet for nearly the rest of the match, until an 89th minute Giuseppe Joliano corner found Emile Fallopius' head, and the big right-back had his second goal in 42 caps.

Unitopolis 5 - 0 Emothica: Corenhinho '3, '18 (p), '60, Chambers '43, Fallopius '89 Man of the Match: Corenhinho

UTN Baptism of Fire 38 Coverage
LINTYLAND wrote:

Best Rapper Alive

- Unitopolis WINNER
The Unitopolitan Embassy

Unitopolis
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Unitopolis » Sun May 09, 2010 5:10 pm

Jack Beade flicked on to UTN Sports +1 and cursed as the presenter smiled at him. "And the result from the Eli F. Baker Memorial Stadium is 0 - 0. Who will be able to beat the Shavanan defence?"
"Dammit!" he shouted. "We win 5 - 0 and i still don't have my San Juan '62! Their defence can't be that good, can it?" And he turned away to plot and plan methods of not conceding goals for the rest of the tournament.

UTN Sports Special Announcement: After 4 games, Corenhinho is top of the scorers chart, with 6 goals after his hat-trick against Emothica. Corenhinho is understandably thrilled with the news and we managed to get an interview with him, which we'll show at 8pm on UTN Sports +2.

== Top Scorers ==

Pos. Name Country Goals
1. Corenhinho ------------------- Unitopolis ------------------- 6
2. Kim Chul-Soon --------------- inabi ------------------------- 4
3. Mike Herron ------------------ Mt. Shavano ---------------- 3
4. Lewis Clark ------------------- Mt. Shavano ---------------- 3
5. Yeon Keon-Huon ------------- inabi ------------------------- 3
6. Bandebola Norman ---------- Zarebli ----------------------- 3
7. Wrede ------------------------ Vijay ------------------------- 3
8. Landers ---------------------- Diominiquid ----------------- 3
9. Millar ------------------------ Diominiquid ------------------ 3

(Ooc) Don't shout at me if this is a little bit wrong, it was a lot of work and it's as right as can be, if you're missing a match report then that's not my problem; your player can only be given the goals you reported him getting.
Last edited by Unitopolis on Sun May 09, 2010 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LINTYLAND wrote:

Best Rapper Alive

- Unitopolis WINNER
The Unitopolitan Embassy

Undeadzombiee
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Undeadzombiee » Sun May 09, 2010 6:07 pm

The After-Game Press Conference

“Although I am slightly glad we didn’t lose, I am still unhappy with our current performance. We need to get more shots, and less dribbling. We also needed to control our temper. I would give this performance a C-. Armour will be out for the next game, and depending on how Bailido defends, he may stay in the net for the sixth, and hopefully not last, match day. I am open to any questions, so please, if you have any wonderings about the team, report them,” stated Krum Johnsom, coach of the Zombiee’s.

“I have a question,” a burly male shouted. “How do the other players react when the find that Creamer gets playing time? I mean, I would be very mad if I was a starter.”

“They honestly don’t care. This team is very trophy, not playing time, oriented. We would rather win a championship then have everyone in the top scorer list. This has been an eye-opening experience for Creamer, and I think the veterans respect him. You also have to remember, he only played in one game.”

“How long will Klinetob be out, and who will be his replacement?” asked a female reporter from the mob.

“Well, I think he may be able to return after four matches. He suffered a sprained ankle, but on the field, it appeared worse. He will probably be ready in time for the semi-finals, if we make them, but he may be ready sooner. The pain has died down, and he is able to walk without assistance.”

“Why haven’t the Zombiee’s offense been better? They were ranked as a very high attacking team, and yet they only have six points, in four games. The leading scorer has the same number of points as your team. Don’t you consider that embarrassing?”

“Actually, he has had a breakout few games, and has scored half his teams points, so I don’t feel very worried. But our team’s offense has been subpar because we have had a bit of bad luck, a bit of weak play, and the cold weather really neutralized our attack. But you have to remember, this is the best Undeadzombiee national team ever to be assembled. I feel that is not up for debate.”

“What makes this not up for debate,” asked a particularly gullible reporter, “because I bet plenty of great teams have been fielded in the past.”

“Please name one.”

“Oh, that’s easy. World Cup 48, or the AOCAF Cup 27. They were undefeated.”

“Are you serious?”

“Yes, why?”

“Well, hate to break it to you, but this is our first World Cup sponsored event, so we couldn’t have entered the World Cup 48. And we don’t live in Alantian Oceania. Sorry, but I can’t answer any more questions, I need to speak with my team.”

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports