NATION

PASSWORD

The Bank of Yohannes—NationStates' Oldest Bank RP

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Rephesus
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Rephesus » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:24 am

. T A C T I C A L . D E S I G N . C O N S O R T I U M .
"A Product of Ingenuity"

AUTOMATED WIRE TRANSFER

[Account Deposit]

Official name on record:
Myrmidon Tactical Design

Official nation of origin:
Marquesan

Type of account:
Custom

Deposit [US$]:
$250,000,000,000 [Two Hundred, Fifty Billion Standard Dollars]

This has been an automated wire transfer from,

Myrmidon Tactical Design.

Deadora
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Deadora » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:52 am

Official Communique of the Feminist Empire of Deadora

TO: Representatives of the Bank of Yohannes

Sir,

I write to you in order to formally request the opening of BoY branches in Deadora's major cities. In addition to the obvious benefits of entering a new market, Deadora offers a cultural experience to foreign workers that is not only unique throughout the former Cornellian Empire, but the entire world.

Application Form [Branch Opening]
Nation: The Feminist Empire of Deadora
Type of government: Totalitarian Gynocratic Monarchy
Economic policy: Mixed-market Capitalism
Number of branches: 40

Respectfully yours,
Skora Ulleyn
Matriarch of the Office of Finance and the Treasury
Strategy is the art of creating power.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Re: Lamoni Chamber of Commerce

Postby Yohannes » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:40 pm

Lamoni wrote:
To: Yohannesian Chamber of Commerce

Name of business/enterprise/organisation/[others]: Delta Foods
Nation of origin: Lamoni
Name of your representative: Jordan Khalesh
[optional]Short summary of your business/enterprise/organisation/[others]: Supermarket chain

Name of business/enterprise/organisation/[others]: WetTek MilRat Co.
Nation of origin: Lamoni
Name of your representative: Matthew Knox
[optional]Short summary of your business/enterprise/organisation/[others]: Maker of military rations

To whom it may concern,

on behalf of the two respected businesses above, the Lamonian Chamber of Commerce would like to make an offer to the Yohannesian Chamber of Commerce. Both Delta Foods and WetTek would like to expand their operations to Yohannes. As the two largest Lamonian businesses in their respective fields, it is our opinion that these two companies would be an asset to both of our nations. In addition, WetTek would like to make it known to the Bank of Yohannes that they would like to accept the offer made to them on behalf of the Bank of Yohannes (500 billion standard dollars over 5 years).

On behalf of the Lamonian Chamber of Commerce,

Jonathan Reval
Chamber of Commerce
Free Republic of Lamoni

Lamoni Chamber of Commerce
Economic Development Committee 2014
Yohannes Chamber of Commerce
Sourtneaye Place
Te Whanganui-a-Tara, AH5 2114

http://www.fio.gov.yo
Our reference: YCC/3117/2014

Kia Ora! Mr Reval, representative of the Lamoni Chamber of Commerce,

Thank you for expressing your interest. The Economic Development Committee of the Yohannes Chamber of Commerce is the responsible body with the management of the Kingdom's inward foreign direct investment stock. As one of the most prosperous economies of our world, Yohannes is a popular destination of received investment from abroad. As one of His Majesty's closest allies, we particularly welcome your horizontal investment in the Kingdom.

I have forwarded your lodged application to His Majesty's Foreign Investment Council, and you will be pleased to know that your application has been approved by the aforementioned agency. Further details will be provided by me via e-mail, from which both of our representative will have the opportunity to arrange future meeting dates: allowing for closer cooperation, negotiation and planning pertaining to the expansion of Delta Foods and WetTek MilRat Company in Yohannes.

Should there be any issues requiring further clarification, please do not hesitate to contact me via e-mail, phone, or my office. Thank you for your decision to invest in Yohannes: I am looking forward to our incoming meeting.

Yours sincerely,
Hon Charles Rapana MP
Economic Development Committee 2014
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Tuva SSR
Minister

Founded: Nov 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Tuva SSR » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:13 pm

[/b]
Which one you are [tick one]? Agency [], Alliance [], Business [], Government [x], Individual [], Organisation []
Official name on record:The Tuvan Government
Official nation of origin:Tuva SSR
Type of account [tick one]:
Standard [x] Executive [] Cash Fund [] High Security [] Green Future [] Next Generation []
Initial deposit [US$]:5 Billion USD
Do you want us to invest the money nationally? Yes
Do you want us to invest the money overseas? Yes,to our colonies
[Optional]If stated as YES, how do you want us to invest your money? In what way? To fund our colonies and our nation.
[/b]
Nation:Tuva SSR
Type of government:Leninist-Gorbachevist Democracy
[Optional]Economic policy:
[Optional]Foreign policy:
Mallorea and Riva should resign
Vajrayana Buddhist and proud.
My Steam name is Mustache Cash Stash.
I support thermonuclear warfare. Do you?
RIP Leningrad Union,unjustly deleted on February 17,2014
I have survived 1 embargo,one WA condemnation proposal,and dozens of Wars,and always come out unscathed.You just can't defeat me.
5,Complete Peace
4,Peace
3,Struggling Relations
2,War
1,Total War
Current DEFCON-2
Fourth Gilnean-Lithuanian War

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Re: Application - Castillo Associates

Postby Yohannes » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:51 am

Central and Eastern Visayas wrote:
Castillo Associates is a private firm based in the Federal Republic of Central and Eastern Visayas. We just completed a high-value contract only weeks ago and have found your bank to be suitable for our needs.

Attached is the Account Creation Form for Castillo Associates:

Application Form [Account Creation]
Which one you are [tick one]? Agency [], Alliance [], Business [X], Government [], Individual [], Organisation []
Official name on record: Castillo Associates
Official nation of origin: Central and Eastern Visayas
Standard [] Executive [] Cash Fund [X] High Security [] Green Future [] Next Generation []
Initial deposit [US$]: 20 million
Do you want us to invest the money overseas? Yes
[Optional]If stated as YES, how do you want us to invest your money? In what way? No more than 50% of the money shall be invested in companies focused on manufacturing, real estate, and/or retail.

We hope for your kind consideration.

Sincerely,
(Sgd.)
Trexie Jade O. Espinosa-Castillo, C.P.A., M.S.
Founding Member/CFO
Castillo Associates

[OOC: I have telegrammed you the investment destination.. still awaiting your telegram reply :p ]

To: Trexie Espinosa-Castillo, Founding Member, Castillo Associates
From: Sir Grant Wellington, Director of Foreign Relations Committee, Bank of Yohannes
Subject: Acceptance of your application

Kia Ora!

Mr Espinosa-Castillio, what a pleasure for me to receive your letter this morning! I would like to thank you for your trust, and decision to choose the Bank of Yohannes as the financial service & banking provider of your represented business: Castillo Associates.

We acknowledge that corporate finance provides our institution with the pragmatic, value-focused business potential to help us evaluate and maximise your business opportunities or solve day-to-day issues. And that very pragmatic line of thought extends to the very core of our 'minimise risk' approach overseas, where portfolios - some worth upward of the ten of trillions in value - are handled every single day with care, responsibility, and integrity.

I have forwarded your application to His Majesty's Foreign Investment Council yesterday, and you will be pleased to know that they have confirmed the approval of your client's application. Papers and document containing further details, pertaining to this arrangement will arrive within one day's working time, 11:48 am of the third of June, signed and authorised by His Majesty Wiremu IV, sovereign monarch of the Kingdom of Yohannes.

Further discussion regarding possible future investment destination can be conducted at anytime when you are ready, where a more detailed report and analysis of our choice of investment destination will be presented to you or your representative acting on your, and on the behalf of your business. And with that, we hope that our guarantee of minimal-risk practise and strict investment policy would allay any possible anxiety which you may have regarding the safety and security of your deposit.

As one of our many distinguished international high-net worth clients, I would like to welcome you to our growing family. Should there be any issues requiring further clarification, please do not hesitate to contact me via e-mail, phone or my office.

Nā mātou, nā,
Sir Grant Wellington
Director of Foreign Relations Committee
Bank of Yohannes
Last edited by Yohannes on Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Re: Notification - Myrmidon Tactical Design

Postby Yohannes » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:41 pm

Rephesus wrote:

"A Product of Ingenuity"

AUTOMATED WIRE TRANSFER

[Account Deposit]

Official name on record:
Myrmidon Tactical Design

Marquesan

Type of account:
Custom

Deposit [US$]:
$250,000,000,000 [Two Hundred, Fifty Billion Standard Dollars]

This has been an automated wire transfer from,

PREMIUM HIGH QUALITY
Bank of Yohannes I Parenga-Motu
Parliament Square, Te Whanganui-a-Tara
BY9 1008, Kingdom of Yohannes
Contact Us
Customer Service0800 117 7442
From Overseas+585 53381717

Reward Summary
Previous Earned Points315,409
Points Earned31,040
Points Redeemed0
Total Points Balanced346,449
Expiring Points - June 1910,037

Automatic Message

Your request for the deposit of [US$250,000,000,000.00 or two hundred and fifty billion Universal Standard Dollars] to the following account:

320. Myrmidon Tactical Design
    Nation: Marquesan
    Account: Premium High Quality
Has been verified by our automatic record holder. Thank you for your custom.

[This is an automatic message and not to be replied upon for it will be left unanswered]

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Re: Application - Government of Deadora

Postby Yohannes » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:33 am

Deadora wrote:
Official Communique of the Feminist Empire of Deadora

TO: Representatives of the Bank of Yohannes

Sir,

I write to you in order to formally request the opening of BoY branches in Deadora's major cities. In addition to the obvious benefits of entering a new market, Deadora offers a cultural experience to foreign workers that is not only unique throughout the former Cornellian Empire, but the entire world.

Nation: The Feminist Empire of Deadora
Type of government: Totalitarian Gynocratic Monarchy
Economic policy: Mixed-market Capitalism
Number of branches: 40

Respectfully yours,
Skora Ulleyn
Matriarch of the Office of Finance and the Treasury

Contact Us

Approval confirmation
Skora Ulleyn, Matriarch of Finance
Office of Finance and the Treasury
The Government of Deidara

Kia Ora!

The Council of Overseas Investment Office has received your enclosed letter of application this morning. Thank you for your invitation, allowing the Bank of Yohannes to expand and establish our financial & banking branches as well as presence in your represented sovereign realm.

After a brief voting session this morning, the Council has confirmed the approval of your application. Papers and document containing further details, pertaining to the arrangement will arrive within one day's working time, 7:25 pm of the fourth of May, signed and authorised by His Majesty Wiremu IV, Sovereign Monarch of the Kingdom of Yohannes.

The following are just some of the benefit of having our institutional presence in your nation:

• A comprehensive list of services ensure our availability and readiness to meet your domestic or international demand: whether it's the need to borrow some capital for your local start-up business, or the simple saving of one of your prestigious national corporation, or a portion of your government budget as well as sovereign wealth fund, we have all the service that you need.

• Twenty-eight per cent of the financial profit of any subsidiaries of our institution in your nation goes to your government coffer - a mutually benefiting relationship for you, and us.

• We will provide internationally-acknowledged high-standard and high-paying various local employment positions for your population.

• Connecting with us allows you to join our multiregional commercial network, thereby giving you the opportunity to connect your economies with various other growing nations of the world: under one banner of mutual prosperity.
I sincerely believe in the benefit which the opening of our financial branches will have - new jobs, more opportunities as well as higher productivity - for the economy of the Deadoran nation. Through our international banking and investment operations, we offer one of the most comprehensive service ranging from business loan, inter-governmental borrowing to banking depository plan with an engaging interest rate, that will surely attract numerous potential clients throughout the land of the Feminist Empire.

Should there be any issues requiring further clarification, please do not hesitate to contact me via my attached e-mail, phone or my office.

Nā mātou, nā,
Sir Grant Wellington OME
Bank of Yohannes
Last edited by Yohannes on Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:37 am, edited 3 times in total.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Re: Application - Government of Tuva SSR

Postby Yohannes » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:52 pm

Tuva SSR wrote:
[/b]
Which one you are [tick one]? Agency [], Alliance [], Business [], Government [x], Individual [], Organisation []
Official name on record:The Tuvan Government
Official nation of origin:Tuva SSR
Standard [x] Executive [] Cash Fund [] High Security [] Green Future [] Next Generation []
Initial deposit [US$]:5 Billion USD
Do you want us to invest the money overseas? Yes,to our colonies
[Optional]If stated as YES, how do you want us to invest your money? In what way? To fund our colonies and our nation.
[/b]
Nation:Tuva SSR
Type of government:Leninist-Gorbachevist Democracy

Contact Us

Approval confirmation
Associated representative
Office of Foreign Investment or equiv.
The Government of Tuva SSR

Kia Ora!

Greetings to you, Sir/Madam. I would like to firstly apologise... for the delay of our notification, confirming the acceptance of your application. On behalf of Sir Grant Wellington, Director of Foreign Relations Committee of the Bank of Yohannes, I would like to offer my gratitude for the confidence you have shown to the Bank of Yohannes.

The Council of Overseas Investment Office has received your enclosed letter of application this morning, and after a brief voting session, the Council has confirmed the approval of your application. Papers and document containing further details, pertaining to the arrangement will arrive within one day's working time, 9:49 am of the fifth of May, signed and authorised by His Majesty Wiremu IV, Sovereign Monarch of the Kingdom of Yohannes.

As we speak, Dame Aliena Thorndon - Adviser to the Board - has contacted the Director of our International Banking & Market division, from where every process involving the management of your fund will be carefully scrutinised to ensure the minimisation of risk. We cannot assure you that any portfolio - and certainly not even one as heavily scrutinised as yours in the future - are foolproof. The objective which we have initially set can still not be reached, and careful asset allocation still will not one hundred per cent protect you from loss inflicted from unwanted circumstances afflicting certain markets.

International investment - and most especially of the variety to be directed toward your colonial realms - contains certain weakness attributable to the worrying socio-political and economic conditions of these regions, and we are aware of the risks that your notable investment can initially experience that of a downward trend. You can rest assure, however, to know that the Bank of Yohannes will take as many preventive measures as possible to minimise the above mentioned unwanted scenario.

Should there be any issues requiring further clarification, please do not hesitate to contact me via my attached e-mail and phone, or my office.

Nā mātou, nā,
Sir Matthew Gilligan OME
Group Chairman
Bank of Yohannes

Soviet Socialist
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Socialist » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:33 pm

Yohannes wrote:
Application Forms

[Kindly fill the following application to create an account - of your represented agency, alliance, business, government, individual or organisation]
Code: Select all
[b]Application Form [Account Creation][/b]
Official name on record: The Peoples Republic of Soviet Socialist
Official nation of origin: [nation]Soviet Socialist[nation
Standard [] Executive [] Cash Fund [x] High Security [] Green Future [] Next Generation []
Initial deposit [US$]:10,000
Do you want us to invest the money nationally?no
Do you want us to invest the money overseas?no
[Optional]If stated as YES, how do you want us to invest your money? In what way?

[Kindly fill the following application to invite us to establish branches or offices in your nation]
[b]Application Form [Branch Opening][/b]
Nation:[nation]Soviet Socialist[/nation]
Type of government: Peoples Republic

[Kindly fill the following application to apply for an installment loan - on behalf of your represented agency, alliance, business, government, individual or organisation]
[b]Application Form [Installment Loan][/b]
Which one you are [tick one]? Agency [], Alliance [], Business [], Government [], Individual [], Organisation []
Official name on record:
Amount to be borrowed [US$]:
Repayment plan [tick one]: <6 months [], <1-2 years [], <4-6 years, <8-10 years, 10 years+ [], Others/please explain []
What will the loan be needed for [summary]?

Te Whanganui-a-Tara
Wellington [English]

(Image)
Te Whanganui-a-Tara CBD at night

(Image)
Flag of Te Whanganui-a-Tara

• Nation: Yohannes
  • Government: Constituent state
    • Chief: Wiremu IV
    • Governor-mayor: Iglatias Kereru
  • Area
    • City: 891.85 km2
  • Population
    • Total: 1,731,990
    • Density: 1,942/km2
  • Postal code: 1990-6010
  • Area code: 025
  • ISO code: YO-WT
  • Vehicle registration: TWT
  • GDP (nominal):
    • Total: $98.9 billion (2012)
    • Per capita: $57,101

Te Whanganui-a-Tara (English: Wellington) is the capital city and one of the four constituent states of Yohannes. With a population of 1.7 million [OOC: if you are roleplaying with NationStates page population, then I will too, and you can disregard the population-capped basic information provided here, and assume I am roleplaying with my NationStates population and a much larger area/economy], Te Whanganui-a-Tara is the most populous city, urban area, and state of the Kingdom.

Located in the northern coast of the nation, facing the continent of Alisna to the north, the capital city is the economic centre of Yohannes. The city-state is home to various large businesses in the Kingdom: such as the Bank of Yohannes, ensuring the city's position as the financial & banking centre of the world. It is also home to multiple branches of some of the largest GE&T index-listed foreign multinational companies operating throughout the Kingdom, such as CuppaCoffee, Maritime Imperial and VLT.

Te Whanganui-a-Tara is infamous for its atrocious weather - consecutive raining days, notorious wind and its cold temperature - and as such, has been criticised as one of the world's 'most terrible city to live in.' Its population - almost a quarter of the Kingdom's total population - are renowned for their sombre moods: where anxiety, depression and the obsessively gloomy nature of its people are the [majority] rule of the day, resulting in one of the highest rate of per capita attempted suicide in the world. The urban population of the city 'rarely will greet strangers', 'pronounce the word sorry in the case of bumping accidentally with you', and are 'prone to [almost] always entirely ignore bus accident victims.'

Nevertheless, Te Whanganui-a-Tara has cemented its position as the cultural, economic and political centre of the Kingdom - with the highest number of research institutes, museums, orchestras, and sporting events hosted per year in Yohannes. The city hosted over 300 foreign embassies and consulates last year, and also is home to the most educated [both tertiary-institutional and polytechnic-wise] and skilled of the Kingdom's population and workforce - with the highest number of undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications recorded in Yohannes, residing in its capital city.

As the governing body of the city and state, hereby our Chamber of Commerce - in full representation of the amalgamated Te Whanganui-a-Tara City & Regional [Supercity] Council and Te Whanganui-a-Tara Chamber of Commerce - would like to invite foreign businesses, enterprises, institutions and organisations to expand - open their branches or perhaps foreign offices, establish their foreign logistical centres, manufacturing plants or distribution centres, etc. - in the capital city of Yohannes: Te Whanganui-a-Tara.

Are you interested in expanding your foreign businesses, enterprises, institutions and organisations in Yohannes? [ Click here to apply ]

• Seat: Group Chairman
  • Appointed: 1998
Brief Overview

Sir Gilligan possesses an extensive private and public-service experience acquired through previous institutional membership as the Chairperson of Liberty International Banking Corporation. His specialty has always been cross-border applied knowledge of financial and risk management in transnational banking, treasury and securities trading activities worldwide. Sir Gilligan acquired his Master of Business and Administration honorary award from the University of Halsten.

He was born in Yohannes, and is a nominated Order of Merit member, Knight of the Roundtable second-class. Appointed to the Board since 6 March 1997, Sir Gilligan currently oversees and ensure the proper running of one of most profitable financial institution in the world.

His past appointments include a brief acting Operational Director position, YAX Chief Financial Officer, Third Executive Director, Head of Regulation Commission, Vice-Head of Regulation Commission, Garnet til Alexandros Association of Yohannesian Trustees President, International Association of Stock Exchanges Trustees Officer, and Head of the Competitiveness & Business Revenue Office.

Sir Gilligan is married to the lovely Lady Rosaria Hemmingway-Gilligan, and is the father of two loving daughters.

Brief Overview

Dame Julianna Fríða Stefansson

([url=http://i.imgur.com/GCs7q.jpg]Image)[/url]
Click image to see higher dimension

• Seat: Group Chief Executive
  • Appointed: 2011
Dame Julianna is a notable banker, with an equally extensive career timeline in the Bank of Yohannes; the well-traveled Yohannesian businesswoman has held an insurmountable number of BY operations internationally. From Greater Dienstad to Maredoratica, acclimatised with no less than 100 cultures around the world. She played a crucial role historically in further regulating the institution and expanding its networking operation overseas.

A former Headgirl of the privately-run Ardenfontein Grammar School, the Ardenfontein born and bred Order of Merit and Knight of the Roundtable Second-Class nominated member won a scholarship to attend the University of Halsten; where she continued to pursue her honorary Master of Business and Administration and conjoint Laws study.

Appointed to the Board since 11 January 2011, Dame Julianna currently oversees and ensure the proper running of one of the most profitable financial institution in the world. She is also the first female Board Chief Executive of the Bank of Yohannes.

Her past appointments include Chairwoman of Esquarium, Greater Dienstad and Maredoratica Yohannesian Council of Businesses, Vice-Delegate of Yohannesian Business-Environment Caring Division of the bank, Deputy Operational Manager of Ardenfontein Regional Finance & Banking Operation, and a member of the bank's root Board of Supervision.

Dame Julianna is married to Hon. Edward Hermilius Stefansson, supervisory delegate of His Majesty's Treasury to YAX.

Brief Overview

Born in Ruccola, Kevin Tsakamura immigrated to Yohannes with his parents during the 1970s, residing in the Greater Wellington metropolitan area. He acquired his Master of Business and Administration from the University of Halsten, where his hidden talent was noted by the then Professor of Social Capital Economics Dr Cornellius Stephan Brunche.
Kevin Tsakamura

([url=http://i.imgur.com/fRZnZ.jpg]Image)[/url]
Click image to see higher dimension

• Seat: Group Audit Head
  • Appointed: 2005

Kevin Tsakamura specialised in transnational banking and account finance, where the father of two loving daughters and husband of a loving wife once oversees the full-time credit supervision and operation of over 25 regional markets. He retired from Valedonia Imperial Banking Elysium regional division in 2001, where an Order of Merit, Knight of the Roundtable Fourth Class award was then given. Mr Kevin is also a member of the Fellow of the Institute of Yohannesian Chartered Accountants.

His past appointments include a temporary non-executive director position of United Investment Incorporated and Chief Financial Officer of Royal Halsten Insurance; Chairperson and Regional Executive Officer of YAX Lucerna Division; and a permanent council seat member of the University of Halsten School of the Economics.

Mr Tsakamura, with that of Sir Gilligan and Dame Julianna, ensure the proper providence of watchful guidance as well as activity and accountability of the seventeen members' Board as a whole.

Leadership - Board of Directors

Fifth Earl of Whitby

Group Finance Director

The Fifth Earl of Whitby was appointed as Group Finance Director of BY in January 2009.

Hon Edmund Autenberry MP

Independent non-executive Director

The Hon Edmund Autenberry MP was appointed to the Board in 2006.

Dame Chloe McLachlan

Chairwoman of Group Sustainability Committee

Dame Chloe McLachlan was appointed to the Board on 26 February 2012.

Dame Eleanor White

Chairperson of Group Audit Committee

Dame Eleanor White has extensive background in interregional business and finance.

Sir Grant Wellington

(Image)
This website is brought to you by
the support of HM Foreign Office.
Sir Grant Wellington has extensive background in export operation and finance.

Dame Aliena Thorndon

Adviser to the Board

Dame Aliena Thorndon was appointed as Crown Law Adviser to the Board in 2009.

Her Royal Highness Garnet til Alexandros

Non-voting Member of the Board

HRH the Princess is an honorary non-voting member of the Board of BY.

Sir Adolphe Lewingston

Non-voting Member of the Board

Former Speaker of the House Sir Adolphe Lewingston is an honorary non-voting member of the Board of BY.

• 03 June - The Bank of Yohannes is proud to include the Commonwealth Capital Bank of Libraria and Ausitoria as the latest of our overseas-based shareholders. As owner of 0.2% of publicly released ordinary shares, the Board of Directors would like to welcome your represented business as one of our growing international family members.

• 03 June - Representative of the Government of Tuva SSR has granted permission for our institution to open our services and expand in the People's United States. Pundits and outside observers brightly confirmed the decision as a good initiative to create new jobs as well as further increase the availability of capital to local Tuvan enterprises and individuals.

• 02 June - Representative of the Tuvan Government has announced the creation of a government account in the Bank of Yohannes, with a potential of long-term investment worth US$5 billion in various high-growth business and infrastructure projects as well as portfolios made available throughout Tuva and its colonies.

• 02 June - The Government of Deadora has granted permission for our institution to open our business and expand in the Feminist Empire. Pundits and outside observers brightly confirmed the decision as a good initiative to create new jobs as well as further increase the availability of capital to local Deadoran businesses and individuals.

• 01 June - Business spokesperson of Central and Eastern Visayas' Castillo Associates has announced the creation of a business account in the Bank of Yohannes, with a potential of long-term investment in various high potential growth small-to-medium manufacturing and real estate projects throughout Yohannes of up to twenty million Universal Standard Dollars.

• 01 June - The Bank of Yohannes has pledged for the allocation of at least US$800 billion over 5 years' time to be made available as installment loan investment for the Lamonian business WetTek MilRat Company.

• 31 May - The Chamber of Commerce has welcomed the Lamonian businesses of Delta Foods and WetTek MilRat Company, and HM Foreign Investment Council has given the permission for both businesses to expand and operate in the Kingdom of Yohannes.

• 30 May - The Bank of Yohannes is proud to reveal the Government of Luxemthania as one of our many international clients. It has been confirmed by representative of HM Foreign Investment Council that initial capital will be directed toward the Sixth French Republic's burgeoning energy and tourism industries.

• 29 May - The Chamber of Commerce of Yohannes has once again opened its Invest in Te Whanganui-a-Tara Scheme.

• 29 May - Representative of Cladius Van Deikun - a distinguished citizen of Mormak - has confirmed the creation of a Cash Fund in the Bank of Yohannes. Though Mr Van Deikun specifically mentioned the requirement of 'no investment', further talk and negotiation will be made to assure him that our Green Future portfolio will be directed only toward less than 'emerging risk' projects, ensuring minimal-risk practice.

• 28 May - Representative of Brain Turner - a distinguished citizen of Luna Animo - has confirmed that an account has been opened in the Bank of Yohannes on his behalf. Though Mr Turner specifically mentioned the requirement of 'no investment', further talk and negotiation will be made to assure him that our Green Future portfolio will be directed only toward clean, green sectors of foreign nations internationally, and not that of 'industries of the past'.

• 28 May - Her Royal Highness' Thought for the Day publication #2 [click here] has been released by HM Foreign Investment Council.

• 27 May - The Bank of Yohannes is proud to reveal the Sixth French Republic as one of the many nations and overseas destination of our foreign direct investment for developing nations [FDIDN] scheme. It has been confirmed by governmental representative of the Sixth French Republic that future capital - packaged at US$800 billion next year - will be directed toward the nation's burgeoning energy and tourism industries.

• 27 May - The Bank of Yohannes is proud to announce our financial support and democratically-registered legal donation to the New Centrist Democrats Party of Avinaa.

• 26 May - The Bank of Yohannes is proud to announce the establishment of an international operation cooperation treaty with CoinStar in the region of Esquarium; allowing the Bank of Yohannes to recently integrate our overseas ATMs and branch-related operations with Luziyca's largest banking institution.

• 26 May - Representative of Mr Abraham Moses has confirmed the establishment of a Cash Fund account - worth US$180 billion - in the Bank of Yohannes, with 55% of initial capital made available to be invested in urban public transportation expansion projects throughout the nation of Luziyca.

• 25 May - The Government of the Gametopians has announced the creation of a High Security account - worth US$1 billion - in the Bank of Yohannes.

• 24 May - Sir Oates of Commonwealth Capital has deposited - and made available for investment allocation - fund amounting to US$8 trillion in the Bank of Yohannes, with 45% of capital made available to be directed toward the construction of electric railroads, luxurious residential properties and high-technology robotic projects in Lamoni.

• 23 May - The Government of Lolomz has announced the creation of Cash Fund & High Security accounts - worth US$110 trillion - in the Bank of Yohannes, with 68% of initial capital made available to be directed toward the construction of public infrastructures, luxurious residential properties and high-end commercial building projects throughout Maltropia.

• 22 May - The Chief Financial Officer of Myrmidon Tactical Design has confirmed the establishment of a special 'Premium High Quality' account in the Bank of Yohannes, with 40% of initial fund made available to be invested towards Yohannesian foreign direct investment projects throughout the region of Greater Dienstad.

• 21 May - Representative of both the GE&T-index listed businesses of Vandeviere Hotels Group and Arklay Airways has announced the creation of two high security accounts in the Bank of Yohannes. It has been confirmed that five per cent of initial capital made available will be invested in the region of Maredoratica.

• 21 May - The Federal Government of Gloriax has granted permission for our institution to open our services and expand in the United States. Pundits and outside observers brightly confirmed the decision as a good initiative to create new jobs as well as further increase the availability of capital to local Gloriaxian entities and individuals.

• 20 May - Representative of the Great Fairy Alliance Council - one of our few extraterrestrial clients originating from a far-flung, distant world - has granted permission for our institution to open our business and expand our presence in their represented territorial sovereignty.

• 20 May - Her Royal Highness' Thought for the Day publication #1 [click here] has been released by HM Foreign Investment Council.

• 19 May - Joshua Higgins - Undersecretary for International Development of Arbites Materia - has announced the creation of a Cash Fund account - worth US$200 million - in the Bank of Yohannes, with 35% of initial capital made available to be directed toward the acceleration of crucial New Edomite infrastructural & public transportation projects - such as road, rail, power, water treatment, and sewer development - throughout New Edom.

[OOC Notes:
1. Still under construction, I'll do in my leisure time in real life
2. 'USD' refers to the 'Universal Standard Dollar' or 'NationStates Dollar' currency
3. The following calculation is made taking into account the NationStates customer population of the nations the Bank of Yohannes operate in; if you are using population cap, then disregard the following NS-page number (and I will create another much smaller, population-capped adjusted financial reports for the bank instead :)
4. The following financial report is based from another real life bank's financial highlights, adjusted to the difference of total population and market of the NS RPing world nations the Bank of Yohannes operate in ]

Report of the Directors: Overview
Financial highlights Year of 2013

• Earnings per share: US$0.81
  • Dividends per ordinary share: US$0.44
  • Assets [net] per share: US$9.95

• Nations we operate in: 408
  • Overseas branches and offices: 364,135,200
  • Total population of our clients in nations we operate in: 2.107 trillion

• Profit before taxation: US$303.073 trillion
  • Profit [underlying] before taxation: US$240.489 trillion
  • Operating income/reported revenue [total]: US$4,554.172 trillion
  • Operating income [net] minus loan impairment charges, and before related credit risk provisions: US$3,769.902 trillion
  • Profit for the common shareholders of the bank: US$197.469 trillion
  • Interest income [net]: US$2,078.439 trillion

• Loans and advances to customers: US$57,000.400 trillion
  • Customer accounts: US$73,930.480 trillion
  • Ratio of customer advances to customer accounts: 77.1%
  • Total equity: US$10,096.476 trillion
  • Equity of average [total] shareholders to average [total] assets: US$6.1%
  • Risk-weighted assets: US$62,013.328 trillion
  • Market capitalisation: US$10,703.368 trillion

Her Royal Highness' Statement

The Board of Directors has noted the year 2013 as that of a noteworthy year in delivering our 2012 promise in reshaping the structure of our financial & banking branches - subsidiary companies of our multinational institution operating throughout the sovereign borders of no less than 400 foreign governments, nations worldwide. We have successfully targeted and minimised closures and disposal, and are now reaping the positive benefit of the aforementioned initiatives. Our institution has proven itself as that of a capable banking and financial services provider, bringing an even more coherent strategy focusing on growth, sustainable cost savings without negatively impacting our expansion towards new international market, especially that of rapidly developing and growing regions.

The above significant progress is all the more impressive if we must take into account that the financial & banking industry as of the present is filled with ever-increasing competitive number of service providers, of higher quality and capability than ever before. The duo of Lambda Financial and the Bank of Yohannes partnership initiative of 2011 have cemented the two largest financial giants into an alliance of international convenience, but even then the financial & banking sector is increasingly following the changing shape of our world - where multipolarism and not that of great concentration of wealth and power in the hands of the few - will be the first and foremost condition and rule of the future. We are determined that we will play our humble part in leading the way to face - and not oppose - this recent international trend and change, thereby gaining the next generation of economic powers' trust.

Positive results, high confidence and financial success. The three traditionally Bank of Yohannes traits of international finance & banking are born through our unique two approaches when relating with other entities - whether they be that of foreign businesses, governments or organisations. Adaptability and pragmatism. For nearly two centuries of international operations, we have always adapted our various approaches to suit the conditions and regulations of the nations and regions we have invested and operated within - of over 400 nations from Gholgoth to Greater Dienstad, Astyria to Sondria, Cornellia to Esquarium, Elysium to Hemithea, Maredoratica to Mystria, Auxilium to the Pony Lands, Nova to Pardes, Atlantian Oceania to Rushmore, Esportiva to the Western Atlantic.

And unfortunately, an extensive multi-regional, international reach in itself is not enough, still. The distinctive trait which marked us out from any other financial & banking institutions - though there exist no other financial & banking institution out there in size comparable to the Bank of Yohannes - has always been the quality of our on-the-ground relationships with the regional inhabitants, and their widely-acknowledged regional customs. An international reach, network, is not just about simple distribution, expansion and presence any longer. The Bank of Yohannes has paved the way for the first consolidation of any financial network the world has ever seen, marking its unique place in history.

The above advantage has ensured our continuing presence, and the Kingdom of Yohannes' position as the world's largest capital exporter for the foreseeable future, and years to come.

Our Allied Institutions

The Bank of Yohannes maintains close cooperation and mutually beneficial international operation partnership with various foreign multinational financial service providers and banking corporations worldwide, allowing our institution to integrate our overseas ATMs and branch-related operations with the following foreign businesses:

Proud Sponsor Of

The Santherese Humanitarian Society is a non-profit organizations, one of the oldest humanitarian organizations in the world, and is certainly the most active, throwing itself into modern crises in a selfless attempt to make the world a better place. Other organizations claim to be the foremost amongst aid groups but it is only the SHS that sends its fleet of hospital ships and volunteer workers to every corner of the world to help as many sick, starving, and wounded as it can on its modest budget.

Many have benefited from the humanitarian missions that are launched monthly. From Cypronian expatriates rescued from the ravages of war, to the Nidians faced with starvation and riots, to the victims of the typhoon in Carnelian Island, the SHS has been across the world and back, providing aid and comfort to those in desperate need. We have also joined the Global Initiative for Disease Control and have put our best foot forward to advance its interests.

Read more about the Santherese Humanitarian Society: [ Click Here ]

The Stonewall Alliance is a civil rights organization that strives to achieve equal rights for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgendered peoples worldwide. By actively advocating LGBT rights and issues, the Stonewall Alliance works towards ending discrmination against LGBT citizens around the globe. The Stonewall Alliance is active in securing equal rights for those in the workplace, at local and national levels, and also in educating people about LGBT issues. By seeking to improve the lives of the international LGBT community, we reinforce our goal of achieving fundamental fairness and equality for all human beings.

Read more about the Stonewall Alliance: [ Click Here ]

The World Assembly is the world's governing body. Membership is voluntary, but all member nations must abide by legislation it passes. It's your chance to mold the world to your vision, by voting for resolutions you like and scuttling the rest. However, it's a double-edged sword, because your nation will be affected by any resolutions that pass. (Unfortunately you can't obey the resolutions you like and ignore the rest, like real nations.) In other words, it's a hot-bed of political intrigue and double-dealing.

Your nation can join the WA, but it's not compulsory. If you remain outside, you're unaffected by its decisions. If you're ready to mix it up in international politics, though, the WA is for you.

Read more about the World Assembly: [ Click Here ]

(Image)
© 2014 Bank of Yohannes. All rights reserved
Welcome to Soviet Socialist
View my embassy program: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=300370#wrap

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Some Misaligned Formatting

Postby Yohannes » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:36 pm

[OOC: Opening post images formatting has been adjusted / fixed to accommodate those who are playing with the following screen resolution (1920 x 1080)

There should be no more misaligned vertical images.

If there are still any more borked formatting, please let me know so I can further improve the formatting of this storefront. You can let me know by posting your criticism here openly, or telegram me. I am cool with both

A big thank you to my new NationStates acquaintance Cata Larga from the region of Esquarium, for his kind advice from the Esquarium IRC!]
Last edited by Yohannes on Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Re: Soviet Socialist

Postby Yohannes » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:57 pm

Soviet Socialist wrote:Application Form [Account Creation]
Official name on record: The Peoples Republic of Soviet Socialist
Official nation of origin: [nation]Soviet Socialist[nation
Standard [] Executive [] Cash Fund [x] High Security [] Green Future [] Next Generation []
Initial deposit [US$]:10,000
Do you want us to invest the money nationally?no
Do you want us to invest the money overseas?no
[Optional]If stated as YES, how do you want us to invest your money? In what way?

[OOC: Hey the player behind Soviet Socialist! Nice to meet you!

I have viewed your entire posting history throughout the NationStates forums, and it seems that you've made the mistake of quoting the entirety of the page at opening post. That is fine, the forum can be a bit confusing I guess. I wouldn't recommend quoting entire post, but that is entirely up to you haha

About the Cash Fund account, we will require your government to put an initial deposit of at least ten million Universal Standard Dollars [US$10,000,000.00 as quoted @opening post under 'Accounts' section], or I will have to In-Character / IC-wise reject your application.]

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

2014 Ordinary Non-Voting Shares Released!

Postby Yohannes » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:20 pm

So... I hear you are finally releasing some of your shares for sale? What are the rules?

Yes! The Board of Directors of the Bank of Yohannes(TM) has decided to release our 2014 non-voting, ordinary shares for sale to the international community. What are the rules? Well, there will be a total of 10,537,688,442,211.10 [10.5 trillion] shares for sale. Every single one player (represented by an entity originating from their nation) can only buy up to 10 million shares, to prevent the usual GE&T silly behaviour of 'I buy 25%/50%/100% of your companieh in one go!'

To apply to buy our 2014 released shares, [click me!]

Foreign Investor Profile

Azgali National Treasury
Nation: Azgal
Entity: Government
Category: Non-vote, Ordinary
Stake: 10,000,000 [archived here]
Bank of the Atlantic [storefront: click here]
Nation: Argentinstan
Entity: Business
Stake: 200,000,000 [archived here]
BCMA Financial Group
Nation: Montesardo-East Adanzi
Cartenberg-Utreck Crown Bureau
Nation: Klemantan-Borneo
Stake: 200,000,000 [archived here]
Catherine V. Ashford
Nation: Elemental North
Entity: Individual
Stake: 20,000,000 [archived here]
Consortium of Imperial and Dominion Banks for Yohannesian Trading
Nation: Voltrovia
Entity: Alliance
Emperor Sebastian Vi' Royeaux
Nation: Awyyn
Federal Recon Investment Authority [storefront: click here]
Region: The Crown Federation of Recon
Stake: 1,250,000,000 [archived here]
F-Tech
Nation: Rawlincia
Government of Lolomz
Nation: Lolomz
Imperial Bank of Symphonia [storefront: click here]
Nation: Aquitayne and Symphonia
ISHoldings
Nation: The Jonathanian States
Jack Eiden
Nation: Dreshand
Marks Brothers PLC (Lagobel)
Nation: Manchovia
Massimo Alexander
Nation: Lolomz
Myrmidon Tactical Design [storefront: click here]
Persian Oil Company
Nation: East Persia
Reino do Brazil Reserve Bank
Nation: Reino do Brazil
Rome Investment Authority [portal: click here]
Nation: Rome
Sir David Rince Archelius
Nation: Eemeria
The Board of Ulilan Overseas Business Development
Nation: Ulil
Entity: Agency
The Grand Theocratic Empire of the Holy Marsh
Nation: Holy Marsh
The Government of The United Socialist States of Notoria
Nation: Notoria
The Legion Corporation [storefront: click here]
Nation: Imperial Recon
Stake: 100,100,000,000 [archived here]
The Most Christian Bresdennian Realm's Government Investment Board
Nation: Bresden
The United Peoples of Phyrexxus
Nation: Phyrexxus
Stake: 120,000,000 [archived here]
Velimir Zorić (Chief of National Bank)
Nation: Semolia
Zunkwentanian Ministry of Commerce
Nation: Semolia
Last edited by Yohannes on Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:51 am, edited 27 times in total.

Rephesus
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Rephesus » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:02 pm

"A Product of Ingenuity"

AUTOMATED SHARES PURCHASE

Application Form [2014 Shares]
Which one you are [tick one]? Agency [], Alliance [], Business [x], Government [], Individual [], Organization [x]
Official name on record: Myrmidon Tactical Design
Official nation of origin: Marquesan
Why do you want to invest in our business [summary]?
Myrmidon Tactical Design has entrusted the Bank of Yohannes with it's finances for a significant amount of time, MTD boasts excellent relations with Yohannes, and with the establishment of Bank of Yohannes Shares, MTDs financial counsel has deemed it a wise investment to purchase the maximum number of shares (100 Million).

This has been an automated purchase request from,

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Re: Application - Myrmidon Tactical Design

Postby Yohannes » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:37 am

The morning was long, and the clock ticking slowly. Sir Matthew Alexander Gilligan - Group Chairman of the Bank of Yohannes - impatiently stared at the door to his front, awaiting the verdict of His Majesty's Foreign Investment Council to the shareholding application of a business originating from the Sondrian nation of Marquesan. The name, what was the name again..? He tried to remember. "Ah yes... Myrmidon Tactical", he peeked at the Te Whanganui-a-Tara Post near the table to his left. "Myrmidon Tactical Design."

"Sir Mathew", a young boy heartily smiled to his right. The direction he arrived from... there would be no question that the meeting is...

And the door facing him was suddenly opened. "Do not mind that door, Your Excellency, in my hand is the letter you are looking for."

Contact Us

Approval confirmation
Office of Foreign Investment or equiv.
Board of Myrmidon Tactical Design

Automatic Message

Your request to purchase [100,000,000] [non-voting] [ordinary] shares - valued at [US$995,000,000.00 or nine hundred and ninety-five million universal standard dollars] has been processed, and pertinent information soon to be transferred to the following foreign investor profile:

Myrmidon Tactical Design
    Stake: 100,000,000
Has been verified by our automatic record holder. Thank you for investing in the Bank of Yohannes.

[This is an automatic message and not to be replied upon for it will be left unanswered]
Last edited by Yohannes on Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ukulingana
Spokesperson

Founded: May 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ukulingana » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:30 pm

OOC: This is to be considered secret IC/in-character information. Only Yohannes and I myself (and those I authorise to have the knowledge of the following application) can claim to know the existence of this secret bank account. Anyone else claiming to know are to be considered as godmodding.

Which one you are [tick one]? Agency [], Alliance [], Business [], Government [], Individual [X], Organisation []
Official name on record: His Excellency, Sheikh, Professor of Jewish Studies at Brandeis University, Glorious Commander-in-Chief, Field Marshall, President-for-Life, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of all Empire in Africa, M.D, J.D, Psy.D, D.M.D, D.P.T, DSW, DPT, King, Emperor, Lord, Senator, Sith Lord Dr. Amin Tata Haat
Official nation of origin: Ukulingana
Standard [] Executive [] Cash Fund [X] High Security [] Green Future [] Next Generation []
Initial deposit [US$]: NS$25,000,000,000
Do you want us to invest the money nationally? Yes.
Do you want us to invest the money overseas? Yes.
[Optional]If stated as YES, how do you want us to invest your money? In what way? In arms dealing and prostitution, preferably via stocks and bonds.
Last edited by Ukulingana on Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Landers Island Anarchist Front
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Landers Island Anarchist Front » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:38 pm

Which one you are [tick one]? Agency [], Alliance [], Business [], Government [], Individual [], Organisation [X]
Official name on record: Rory O'Keith
Official nation of origin: --REDACTED--
Standard [] Executive [X] Cash Fund [] High Security [] Green Future [] Next Generation []
Initial deposit [US$]: NS$100,000,000
[Optional]If stated as YES, how do you want us to invest your money? In what way? Prostitution; drug smuggling; arms dealing; terrorism (if possible); hitman operations.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Re: Application - His Excellency Sith Lord Dr Amin Haat

Postby Yohannes » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:26 pm

Ukulingana wrote:
OOC: This is to be considered secret IC/in-character information. Only Yohannes and I myself (and those I authorise to have the knowledge of the following application) can claim to know the existence of this secret bank account. Anyone else claiming to know are to be considered as godmodding.

Which one you are [tick one]? Agency [], Alliance [], Business [], Government [], Individual [X], Organisation []
Official name on record: His Excellency, Sheikh, Professor of Jewish Studies at Brandeis University, Glorious Commander-in-Chief, Field Marshall, President-for-Life, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of all Empire in Africa, M.D, J.D, Psy.D, D.M.D, D.P.T, DSW, DPT, King, Emperor, Lord, Senator, Sith Lord Dr. Amin Tata Haat
Official nation of origin: Ukulingana
Initial deposit [US$]: NS$25,000,000,000
[Optional]If stated as YES, how do you want us to invest your money? In what way? In arms dealing and prostitution, preferably via stocks and bonds.

As the sun rises over the hills of Alexandria, commoners and the upper members of Yohannesian society went along their early morning routine. The saying is true, after all, of Te Whanganui-a-Tara as 'the city that never sleeps'. He didn't sleep for the night alright, lamented the man now standing by his office window, watching the panorama of dawn before him. In his slightly crooked right hand is an emblazoned piece of parchment, elaborately decorated by notable ministerial symbols - the Foreign Office, the Exchequer, and the Foreign Investment Council.

His Majesty's Foreign Investment Council

God darnity jiggity jiggy-do, the numerous occasions the institution could have profited had the cursed Council did not intervene... Oh, the profit, such an insanity of a bureaucracy that should never have been created in the first place. Naturally, and of course, the pundits would have had a field day reporting on the 'treacherous, very much un-Yohannesian show of greed' and the 'insatiable lust of wealth' displayed by him, such is the unmoving grip of political correctness in our land, the middle-aged man lamented. And while his left hand reflectively stroked his bald head:

Knock... knock... knock

'What the...', he immediately glanced to his left, spooked by the unusual sound made in such an early morning. Erecting his commanding, tall height to its full position, he was sure that for a second, there was a rather faint knocking sound.

Knock... knock... knock

"Come in, yes?"

"Good morning... Sir Gilligan", the door was opened, revealing the elderly, silver-haired office keeper Severus Oakes.

"Ahh... Mr Oakes, Mr Severus Oakes, a pleasure to see you...?" Sir Matthew Alexander Gilligan, Chairman of the Bank of Yohannes, furtively glanced at the direction of the grandfather clock to his left.

"Half past six, Your Excellency. Half past six."

Yes.. I know.. no need to repeat it to garner my sympathy... or perhaps a pay rise, you wretched of an old man...

"Well.. I am waiting Mr Oakes..."

"Delivery from His Majesty's Investment Council to you, Sir."

Contact Us

Approval confirmation
His Excellency Sith Lord Dr Amin Haat
National Leader of Ukulingana

Automatic Encrypted Message

Your request to open the following account, and deposit the sum of [US$25,000,000,000.00] or twenty-five billion universal standard dollars has been processed, and pertinent, encrypted information soon to be transferred to the following overseas account holder profile:

His Excellency, Sheikh, Professor of Jewish Studies at Brandeis University, Glorious Commander-in-Chief, Field Marshall, President-for-Life, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of all Empire in Africa, M.D, J.D, Psy.D, D.M.D, D.P.T, DSW, DPT, King, Emperor, Lord, Senator, Sith Lord Dr. Amin Tata Haat
    Nation: Ukulingana
    Account: Cash Fund [Category: Individual]
    Deposit: US$25,000,000,000.00
    Interest rate: 5.00% pa
Has been verified by our automatic record holder. Thank you for entrusting us - the world's absolutely, positively, truly multiregional bank - with your business.

[This is an automatic, encrypted message and not to be replied upon for it will be left unanswered]
Last edited by Yohannes on Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Empire of Symphonia
Minister

Founded: Jul 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Symphonia » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:23 pm

OOC: Wanted to make an IC post, but going to sleep soon. Hope you are well.
Which one you are [tick one]? Agency [], Alliance [], Business [X], Government [], Individual [], Organisation []
Official name on record: Imperial Bank of Symphonia
Official nation of origin: United Kingdom of Aquitayne and Symphonia
Why do you want to invest in our business [summary]?
IBS recently is undergoing internal changes to help make it more competitive and profitable on the international scene. One of our new jobs is to create secure investment portfolios for our customers in the Investment department and we have strong confidence that the Bank of Yohannes can benefit our clients greatly. The money being invested in the Bank of Yohannes and the shares requested will be distributed proportionally among our clients.

Nation: The Asian Federation of Nations
Type of government: Constitutional parliamentary monarchy
[Optional]Economic policy: pro-free trade, currently low interest rates (3%), expansionary monetary policy, contractionary fiscal policy
[Optional]Foreign policy: politically neutral on international scene, active in regional politics regarding humanitarian intervention, seeking additional markets for finished goods and raw materials
Last edited by Empire of Symphonia on Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Self-described centrist
Likes: Western democracy, capitalism, the Queen, Japan, Republic of China
Dislikes: Religious fundamentalism; discrimination based on sexuality, race, gender, and religion
My Political Compass

Please call me Symph. Please excuse me for lapses in GE&T. I'm a busy person too.

Sixieme Republique Francaise
Spokesperson

Founded: May 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sixieme Republique Francaise » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:13 am

Yohannes wrote:
To: Representative of the Government of the Sixth French Republic
From: Fifth Earl of Whitby the Rt Hon William Apiata OME JP, Group Finance Director, Bank of Yohannes
Subject: Acceptance of your application

Kia Ora!

Greetings! It is a pleasure for I myself to correspond with a representative of the Sixth Republic's government. Firstly, I would like to offer my deep apology for the particular lateness of my reply, to the request of your represented government. The reason for our lack of correspondence in the last five days [ OOC: imagined/NS Roleplaying World days, not real life day :p ] was the long discussion and heated debate the Board of Directors were engaged in, pertaining to your request.

Dame Aliena Thorndon - acting in her capacity as Crown Law Adviser to the Board - has authorised her approval: thereby, granting the opportunity for us to accept your request. The Bank of Yohannes will make available the sum of eight hundred billion Universal Standard Dollars for the next five years. Dame Eleanor White - our Chairperson of Group Audit Committee - will furthermore ensure the proper utilisation of the above capital directed toward energy and tourism-related projects throughout the territorial sovereignty of your represented government: thereby ensuring the avoidance, or at the very least minimisation, of fund misuse originally designated for the fueling of domestic economic growth and catalyzing of wealth generation.

I will give your represented government the opportunity to first consider the above condition requested by us, and would like to assure you that the Bank of Yohannes - nor HM Government - will ask not of any backroom 'resource compensation' nor 'territorial return' as the condition of our incoming agreement. Furthermore, interest and loan-related cost as well as details will be provided in our future negotiation, following the approval of your represented goverment to our condition.

I humbly await the decision and letter of your represented government.

Nā mātou, nā,
Rt Hon William Apiata OME JP, 5h Earl of Whitby
Group Finance Director, Bank of Yohannes

“Égalité, Fraternité, Résistance, Tradition, Souverainté”

OFFICE OF THE PEOPLE'S COMMISSARIAT OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS, EXPATRIATES AS WELL AS DIPLOMACY OF THE SIXTH FRENCH REPUBLIC
DIRECT COMMUNIQUE FROM THE GREAT LEADER

Encryption: Top Secret
Addressee: Yohannesian Bank
Subject: Donation to our new modest government

To whom it may concern,

We hitherto agree to the conditions presented in your response to our most honourable letter of requested financial aid for development of our economy. We furthermore thank thee for thine swifteth response to our letter. La France is content from this agreement, one which our great people shalt never forget, whilst indeed be eternally thankful for decades to come.

Cordially, With All Due Respect,

Camarade Le Dragon | The Supreme Soviet Generalissimo in addition to Field Marshal of the People's Liberation Revolutionary Resistance Army of France; Supreme Brotherly Chairman-Premier of the National People's Democratic Revolutionary Coalition Government of France; Supreme Elected Presiding Speaker of The General National People's Consultative Revolutionary Résistance Conference Congress Committee (GNPCRRCCC); Fatherly Leader & Guide of the Corrective Revolution; Glorious Supreme Soviet President of the Sixth French Republic
Greater First Nation Empire of France (Grande Première Nation et Empire de La France)

Population: 70 million people.
Armed Strength: Active Military, Reserve Militia, Paramilitary = 18 162 777 personnel

(Puppet account of Souriya Al-Assad).

WORD! - QUOTE OF THE MONTH

San Pellegrino Romana
Minister

Founded: Jul 14, 2009
Anarchy

Postby San Pellegrino Romana » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:35 pm

HIS MAJESTY'S GOVERNMENT

To Whom It May Concern:

Due to the warm and long-standing nature of our relationship with the Bank of Yohannes, His Majesty's Government feels that the Bank is certainly our first choice to entrust our funds in regards to potential investment options. The Bank of Yohannes has proven to be a reliable, trustworthy, and profitable financial institution, thus the Rome Investment Authority wishes to purchase the maximum number of shares allotted to the international community (100 million). On behalf of His Majesty's Government and the authority vested in me as the Chairman of the Rome Investment Authority, I hereby submit the application form and necessary documents for such a transaction.

Which one you are [tick one]? Agency [], Alliance [], Business [], Government [X], Individual [], Organisation []
Official name on record: The Rome Investment Authority
Official nation of origin: The Kingdom of Rome
Why do you want to invest in our business [summary]? See above.

Sir Gianni Monti, KCBS KCVO
Chairman of the Rome Investment Authority
Last edited by San Pellegrino Romana on Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Please refer to my nation IC as the Kingdom of Rome or Roman Kingdom.
Diplomacy: Factbook | Embassy Program | The Stonewall Alliance
Storefronts: Energizia Inc. | Van De Kaap Diamonds
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Reino do Brazil
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 31, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Reino do Brazil » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:56 am

From. Joao Mansur, (GoV) Reino do Brazil Reserve Bank
To. Nā mātou, nā, Rt Hon William Apiata OME JP, 5h Earl of Whitby, Group Finance Director, Bank of Yohannes

Official name on record: Reino do Brazil Reserve Bank
Official nation of origin: Reino do Brazil
Why do you want to invest in our business [summary]? The Bank of Yohannes has, throughout its history, an Institution stable that can only lead to a good investment.

We sincerely hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,
JMansur

Vilamoura
Envoy

Founded: Aug 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Vilamoura » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:54 pm

From. Bank of Vilamoura Regulator
To. Nā mātou, nā, Rt Hon William Apiata OME JP, 5h Earl of Whitby, Group Finance Director, Bank of Yohannes

Dear (Hon) Apalata,

The State of Vilamoura would like to open an account at your fine Institution. Please find form bellow.

Official name on record: Banco de Vilamoura
Official nation of origin: The Republic of Vilamoura
Standard [] Executive [] Cash Fund [] High Security [] Green Future [] Next Generation [x]
Initial deposit [US$]: 300.000.000.000
Do you want us to invest the money overseas? Yes
[Optional]If stated as YES, how do you want us to invest your money? In what way? Renewable Energy

With our best Regards,

Armindo de Sousa, (GoV)
For LGBT Rights and Gender Equality

The Jonathanian States
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Jonathanian States » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:50 pm

Subject: Acquisition of Shares
To: Whom it may concern, The Bank of Yohannes

Greetings,
As part of renewed international activity by ISHoldings we have found interest in acquiring foreign investments. The Bank of Yohannes being known for its stability, of course seemed like a secure investment.
Therefore, attached to this message, is an application/request for an acquisition of shares.

Sincerely,
Interim President of ISHoldings,
Which one you are [tick one]? Agency [], Alliance [], Business [X1], Government [], Individual [], Organisation []
Official name on record: ISHoldings
Official nation of origin: The Empire of the Jonathanian States
Why do you want to invest in our business [summary]? Seestein Holdings since quite a while has been seeking to expand its investments, and the opportunity to acquire a part of the renown Bank of Yohannes seemed like a secure investment.

1 - ISHoldings (Imperial Seestein Holdings) is a business owned by the the Monarch of the Jonathanian states, who due to its Monarchist goverment also is the government. Therefore, while being a theoretically different entity from the Jonathanian government, it de facto is a person, a government, and a business at the same time.
Returned Nationstater -- You can leave Nationstates but Nationstates won't leave you.
Call me Jon, John, or Johnny, Jonathan or Jonnyboy, tJS and Jonathanian, with "states" or without.
This nation doesn't really represent my views and sarcasm is awesome.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Re: Bank of Yohannes [Finance & Banking][Selling Shares]

Postby Yohannes » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:07 pm

[OOC/out-of-character: I am sorry I've been busy with real life things. Rest assure, however, that I have listed every single one of you in the list of accounts or list of foreign investors. :)

Everyone who have posted can consider their request approved, and the In-Character/IC content to proceed regardless of the lack of replies. The list of foreign investors can be found here: [link]

I would like to humbly and most sincerely thank you for choosing the Bank of Yohannes!]

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Re: Application - Mr Rory O'Keith

Postby Yohannes » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:06 pm

The Landers Island Anarchist Front wrote:
Which one you are [tick one]? Agency [], Alliance [], Business [], Government [], Individual [], Organisation [X]
Official name on record: Rory O'Keith
Official nation of origin: --REDACTED--
Standard [] Executive [X] Cash Fund [] High Security [] Green Future [] Next Generation []
Initial deposit [US$]: NS$100,000,000
[Optional]If stated as YES, how do you want us to invest your money? In what way? Prostitution; drug smuggling; arms dealing; terrorism (if possible); hitman operations.

"It seems that we have a... little problem here, Your Excellency", came the feeble sound of the man holding the emblazoned piece of parchment, looking a little bit unsure, lacking in posture and confidence. His worried yet steady gaze was directed to the woman standing in front of him, facing the high-arched windows of the office they are occupying. She was stunning, her rosy rich lips and delicate features matching the classy style of her outfit as well as demeanour. The middle-aged, bald man mused - a paradoxical mix of admiration and contempt: quite the imperious woman to handle this one would be...!

And though her physical height was nowhere in comparison to his, the gentlemanly instinct instilled within him could see that Dame Chloe McLachlan, Grand Companion of the Yohannesian Order of Merit, Chairwoman of Group Sustainability Committee of one of the most profitable financial and banking institutions of the world, is a woman of steel - not to be underestimated, nor taken lightly.

"What would be the problem itself, Sir Gilligan..?", the aristocratic figure slowly turned to face him. "Surely I vaguely remember the time back then.. when you've proclaimed, so grandly indeed, of your 'independent capacity as Chairman of the Board of the Bank' and... 'ability to work without support coming from the likes of you...?", the Dame coyly smiled, her lips displayed the amusement she felt, and her eyes lighted with vindication.

"Silence woman...!"

"Unlike the likes of you oh-so-capable manly creatures, I am not of a more practical disposition.. you see...", she confidently stepped forward, and the Chairman hesitantly stepped back, "first of all... quote, official nation of origin."

"Redacted. Quote end."

"Where would the nation of origin be of..?", the tall Chairman rubbed his bald head instinctively, his eyes looking left and right distractingly, and as he was about to utter his weak explanation, albeit meekly.

"No, do not give me the 'But... but', you incompetent buffoon.. for the only 'but but' you will give is to the tribunal of His Majesty's Foreign Investment Council."

"Alright..! No need to present such a threat to me, McLachlan! Surely.. you wouldn't dare...", he looked at her green eyes, looking and searching.

"Oh.. but I would", she stared back sternly.

Tick... tock

Tick... tock

A few seconds passed, and the only sound made and heard was that coming from the grandfather clock of the Group Sustainability Office.

"Fine."

"The nation of origin is... he scrabbled furiously in a piece of paper presented in front of him."

"How much do they offer for you for name protection.. Gilligan?"

"By the Grace of His Majesty Wiremu himself... you wouldn't dare to say that I would accept such a...!"

"Spare me the trifles, please, and get to the point."

"fifteen million universal standard dollars, my lady.."

"Good, now as I understand, that would be... one-fifth to me.. unless, of course, you would prefer for the tribunal officers to visit their Mr Chairman tomorrow?"

"Yes. One-fifth of fifteen million, nothing more, nothing less."

"Good man, now... where should I sign!"

Contact Us

Approval confirmation
Mr Rory O'Keith
Our Client/Customer

Automatic Encrypted Message

Your request to open the following account, and deposit the sum of [US$100,000,000.00] or one hundred million universal standard dollars has been processed, and pertinent, encrypted information soon to be transferred to the following overseas account holder profile:

Rory O'Keith
    Account: Executive
    Category: Organisation
    Deposit: US$100,000,000.00
Has been verified by our automatic record holder. Thank you for entrusting us - the world's absolutely, positively, truly multiregional bank - with your business.

[This is an automatic, encrypted message and not to be replied upon for it will be left unanswered]
Last edited by Yohannes on Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade