NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life IC IX - [Semi Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Fri May 23, 2014 3:10 pm

The whistling of ChryS' d'k tahgs ceased as she saw the loose cluster of Klingons coming in with their torches. Somewhere, in the distant part of her mind that wasn't high on the smell of blood, a tiny whisper tickled the edge of her psyche. It gave her the usual cliched words - to stop; that this was not her; that the tribbles had not done anything to her. And then it went beyond. Life was life, nonhuman or not. She grunted as a dull ache began throbbing at her temples and turned sharply away to hide her Shifting...just in case Hans and Rudolf's illusions couldn't cover her eye color changing.

She had one chance to make up for all of what she'd done here, she thought numbly, as she bared her teeth to no one, caught in the midst of breaking free from the bloodlust. Let's see you try to burn them with fire as cold as ice, she half-snarled, half-whispered to herself in Galatian Celtic - and so it was. The relative cool inside the cave turned frigid as she drew the heat into herself; the flames of the torches crackled harmlessly but nothing more.

The side blades on her knives retracted with metallic clicks, the blood on them hanging in the air as a mist momentarily, echoed by a reddish froth oozing out from where she'd bitten her lip and tongue without noticing.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Fri May 23, 2014 5:06 pm

Kale walked along the cold floor of the Bank. The others were inside, she was inside, Joe was inside. Now what? It seems the bank vault was sealed off. It seemed like it was the time for a breather for everyone. She noticed Marcus sitting on the floor alone in a pitiful state. She was moving to comfort him before the other swooped in. She listened in while they consoled him. She blatantly ignore Nex's ramblings. Gio's wondrous words put a smile on Kale's face. She moved in and hugged Gio. She couldn't help it.

"Why are you so perfect Gio?" she said in a giddy tone.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl
Radical Anti-Radical Feminist Feminist
S.W.I.F: Sex Worker Inclusionary Feminist.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Fri May 23, 2014 5:33 pm

Giovenith wrote:
Human? How could he have forgotten that? Giovenith briefly wondered this, until she let her gaze graze over Marcus and take in the obvious. Ah. Giovenith knew little to nothing about Marcus' people or faith, and was well aware of such, but his confession conveyed enough to let her unravel the reasons behind his knotted gloom.

Pulling herself closer to him, she began to speak. "I read a book once, 'The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.' There was things that didn't make it into the movie, one of which was the Tinman's story. Tinman used to be fully flesh, and one day fell in love with a girl, whom he tried to make a house for. But his ax had been enchanted without him knowing to slip and cut him up. Everytime the Tinman lost a limb, he went to a local smith to get a replacement made of tin. He lost his arms, legs, head, and finally his mid-section, till he was completely made of tin. Because of this, he thought he'd lost his heart, and abandoned his work and girl to be alone in the woods. Only did he leave when Dorothy promised the wizard would give him a heart.

"But as we know in the story, the Tinman did have heart all along, caring for his friends and helping with the journey the whole time. The wizard told him he'd had a heart all along, because there was more to a heart than the organ itself."

Wrapping an arm around Marcus' shoulders, similar to how he often did with her, she pulled him in a protective, nurturing embrace and went on. "There are many ways to be one thing. Strong, smart, creative, caring. Part of being human is making mistakes, sometimes big, sometimes little. Not just humans, but many things. This is a universe filled with topsy turvy, for better or for worse. I can't tell you the future, but I know the present... the present tells me that this will be difficult for all of us. We will all make the most dreadful of mistakes in dreadful circumstances. But we've been through the eye and belly of the unimaginable before, so the past will never change, but the future is ours to mold." Giovenith reached up to wipe some dirt away from Marcus' cheek, pulled her arm back, then rested her head on his shoulder. "Let's do our best to make it best. There's still a long way to go."

People were beginning to wonder about supplies, and Giovenith mentally prepared herself for more challenge ahead. To her, it made sense some things would have been lost in the panic. They would sort it out soon enough.

The Tin Man. Marcus remembered his funnel head, strange nose and aluminum paste makeup, and the way he capered down the yellow brick road with his friends. The boy never realized that there was more to the story, yet the Tin Man's actions and his reason for being alone in the woods made sense to him. Giovenith's words sunk in more deeply. She was like Dorothy Gale in a sense. She was apart from her family and, for a long while in the beginning, she couldn't go home again. She had a Scarecrow in the form of Torii, because the girl was much smarter than she actually realized, and there was a Cowardly Lion in the form of Kale, who could be very brave at times but also did have moments when she wasn't afraid to let people know she was frightened. Of course there wasn't any yellow brick road here, Dia was too huge to be a Munchkin, and he dearly hoped Bodkins wouldn't turn out to be a man hiding behind a curtain.

These strange musings lightened his heart - which was very real and began to beat rapidly once Giovenith wiped his cheek and laid her head against his shoulder. This wasn't puppy love though; it was an epiphany that burst into his mind like a sparkler that had flared to sputtering brilliance against a velvet sky: we, our. Marcus didn't need the mechanical connection to the Brotherhood because, really, he wasn't as alone as he first thought.

A smile twitched the corners of his mouth after Dani spoke. Her logic was sound and, as a former-maybe-still-sorta-Drone, she had his respect. "I know-" and then Kale swooped in and hugged Giovenith, thereby making physical contact with him. He got a mouthful of her hair (which smelled like a garden, in his opinion) and his smile widened.

"Thanks Giovenith," he whispered in her ear and then allowed Kale to maul her. "Thanks Dani. And thanks, um, Death?" Marcus looked at Nex, one eyebrow raised in curiosity, and offered an apologetic shrug. He hadn't caught the man's actual name. "I'm Marcus. Sorry we couldn't all meet under better circumstances."
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Fri May 23, 2014 6:00 pm

Torii's mind worked fast...or, well, she thought about many things in a short time. She called it her little spark of insanity, and it was what let her follow everything around her, even if she wasn't really showing it. She still held Nick in her arms, and her question to Bran about helping Nick up still stood, as did her info about the door to the rest of her friends. Marcus seemed down, and Torii really wished that she could've helped out, but she would do it later, after they'd secured the vault for the group. Kale's happy voice was one thing that she definitely picked up, and, by a habit of the moment, she looked over her shoulders to see what was going on. All that talk about the Wizard of Oz was funny in a way. Torii know about the story, but she wasn't completely familiar with it. The whole analogy of Marcus and the Tin Man made her think of some of her own thoughts, though. She didn't know much about his culture, or why he was all mechanical in parts. Maybe she would ask him later...

Her heart was tugged at a little bit, too. Giovenith and Marcus were really close- closer than normal friends were. She didn't know what they really thought about each other, but she knew that they were fond. That made her a little sad, jealous...and also kind of happy for them. She wished she was that close with somebody. They would be cute together. She remembered that time she teased them on the beach. That was fun. Maybe she would tease them again, some time. She giggled and squeezed Nick lightly. Of course, he would feel the same things she was, if the link was still there. Jealousy, but also excitement and happiness. Her worry over the current situation was there, too, and all these different emotions swirled together, but the good came out over the bad, and she felt at ease. Not unaware, but relaxed enough to not be distracted by bad thoughts.

It had only taken her a moment to look at the scene, before her eyes shifted back to Bran and the vent above them.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Fri May 23, 2014 6:18 pm

Mincaldenteans wrote:A party of brooding Klingons marched up towards Ha'nS, their weapons sweeping across the foliage that stood in their wake. They chatted among themselves in low towns, their dialects had distinct gruffer tones that made them travelers from the lowlands of the continent. Each wore a hodgepodge of leather armor with precious few metal pieces that adorned at strategic areas on their bodies. They stopped when they saw Ha'Ns at the entrance and the leader, a portly figure of middle age and even messier mane that passed for hair, narrowed his eyes and looked upon the Cultist in disguise.

"nuq Davang naDev?" (What are you doing here?) Asked the warrior, to which two of his entourage had taken opposite sides of the man. "pa' 'e' naDev ngaSwI' tu'lu' maH!" (We were supposed to be here!)

The warrior on the left nudged his arm and shook his head, "Matters not, we are all here for the same enemy, let us rid ourselves of this vermin and head back for wine and food!"

A warrior's cry echoed from deep within the cave that caught everyone's attention. Mezran was having a field day despite the pitch black interior.

"That stupid toD'saH, does he think he can wipe out a nest of those taHqeq'pu with just a blade? He'll be here all night!" Laughter erupted from the group, the portly warrior chuckling himself before continuing, "Someone bring oil and fire, we will burn these filthy creatures."

Either it was the warrior's penchant to drone on about the uses for fire against the tribbles, or maybe he just liked to himself talk, either way, the portly warrior continued as though everyone were interested, "We had a few next in the Bierqh'an lowlands where I am from. We had a similar infestation of those creatures that all but consumed the underwater reservoir that supplied our village. No matter how many we slayed, six would appear, than six more, than eighteen - it was madness. We figured out fire and oil worked best as these foul beasts catch on fire like matches. This cave," he gestured to his chin, "It leads to a large water source that Varth has since been forced to seal and look elsewhere. Today that shall change!"

"What of the bellowing idiot inside? I think I hear more than one of them," one of the warrior's men asked. This one looked as though he barely past the Rite of Ascension; his facial features were delicate, almost feminine and the only saving grace from being mistaken for a female were his broad shoulders, height and his voice. It was too bad his inexperience was showing with his question.

"What do you think you petaQ?" The middle aged warrior sniped impatiently at his subordinate, baring his teeth and looked as though he had half a mind to strike the younger warrior for such stupid question. He waved the young warrior off to the cave before them, "Get them out and set this cave to flames! Today, Varth recovers their much needed water source!"

"Cha'veh!" The warrior saluted quickly and motioned for a few more Klingons to follow him in with torches.

"So," the portly Klingon began again, taking out a canteen made of targ-hide, He took a swig of his drink and offered to Ha'nS after, "What is your name and house?"

Tiltjuice wrote:The whistling of ChryS' d'k tahgs ceased as she saw the loose cluster of Klingons coming in with their torches. Somewhere, in the distant part of her mind that wasn't high on the smell of blood, a tiny whisper tickled the edge of her psyche. It gave her the usual cliched words - to stop; that this was not her; that the tribbles had not done anything to her. And then it went beyond. Life was life, nonhuman or not. She grunted as a dull ache began throbbing at her temples and turned sharply away to hide her Shifting...just in case Hans and Rudolf's illusions couldn't cover her eye color changing.

She had one chance to make up for all of what she'd done here, she thought numbly, as she bared her teeth to no one, caught in the midst of breaking free from the bloodlust. Let's see you try to burn them with fire as cold as ice, she half-snarled, half-whispered to herself in Galatian Celtic - and so it was. The relative cool inside the cave turned frigid as she drew the heat into herself; the flames of the torches crackled harmlessly but nothing more.

The side blades on her knives retracted with metallic clicks, the blood on them hanging in the air as a mist momentarily, echoed by a reddish froth oozing out from where she'd bitten her lip and tongue without noticing.

Ha'nS regarded the fat Klingon and took a swig from the canteen before handing it back again. "Ha'nS, son of T'lor, of the House of Rie'Q. My brother is in the cave still, as are our companions." Several excuses for why he was outside sprung to mind but, as any good soldier will tell you, the less you say is the less you have to remember and the better the cover story is because of it.

A few steps brought him to the cave entrance. "Ru'hOff, ChryS, Mezran, stop counting dead petaQ. Come out so we can burn the bodies." He had no intention of letting the tribbles bake. In fact, the whole mess of them was comprised of individual creatures that were still innocent and only doing what was natural. He snorted. War does not harm the innocent; mercy is strength. It would be better if the tribbles that were still alive were somewhere safe, perhaps with Will. In fact, that was a perfect idea. He imagined they'd all vanish with a soft pop and appear on the bridge with a loud fart. And so it was.

(Will wasn't happy.)

"My companions have slaughtered thousands already," Ha'nS lip curled in a boast that didn't reach his eyes. "The bodies litter the floor." He didn't think a dead tribble would look much different than a live one, and tribbles were nothing more than fuzzy, large pebbles. And so it was.

(The scattered rocks inside the cave reshaped themselves until the pile of dead creatures was so dense that Ru'hOff had to physically push them aside in order to retreat.)

Ha'nS eyes shifted to the youthful warrior who had spoken. "A warrior doesn't turn back from an enemy just because the battlefield is small and dark. Nothing is more honorable than victory; we had no torches so we used our blades. That 'idiot', as you call him, has slain more in a day than many will in a week. There aren't many left alive. Go and see for yourself."
Last edited by Cerillium on Fri May 23, 2014 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri May 23, 2014 6:31 pm

Nex gave Sterling a reassuring pat, though he hadn't said anything,"There's more water, and if we REALLY need it, I could teleport back here and get it." With that in mind, he wondered how easy this would be for him if he was on his own. He could teleport around the world, really, and that was how he got to the deaths he had to ferry, but he actually wasn't sure if worked to teleport far when there WASN'T a death, and he wasn't sure about teleporting so far here without a death to guide him, where there was so much debris and whatnot he could teleport into. And then there was the magical aspect. But he was confident he could teleport back here if they needed the water.

Looking at Marcus, he gave a slight nod of acknowledgement to his thanks, then said, "My name is Nex. Death is what cursed me to be like this," It wasn't clear whether or not if he was talking about a person, a thing, or just....death. "Nex Messor," He clarified with his last name. "Without these circumstances, there is a good chance that some of us would not meet at all."
Times are looking grim these days~

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Fri May 23, 2014 6:42 pm

Like a weaving, many others had gathered around Marcus and formed a warm nest of support for the boy. This made Giovenith glad, happy that everyone had been so intent on sticking together to help another out. This was just the kind of attitude they needed in this place. Kale's hug was unexpected, but pleasantly welcomed.

"I'm not perfect, Kale," she said with a smile. "Nobody is. That's why we're all beautiful." Giovenith hugged her all-natural friend, giving her a nuzzly snuggle. For a moment, just a teeny little moment, everything felt right.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Fri May 23, 2014 7:33 pm

Terintania wrote:
Nex gave Sterling a reassuring pat, though he hadn't said anything,"There's more water, and if we REALLY need it, I could teleport back here and get it." With that in mind, he wondered how easy this would be for him if he was on his own. He could teleport around the world, really, and that was how he got to the deaths he had to ferry, but he actually wasn't sure if worked to teleport far when there WASN'T a death, and he wasn't sure about teleporting so far here without a death to guide him, where there was so much debris and whatnot he could teleport into. And then there was the magical aspect. But he was confident he could teleport back here if they needed the water.

Looking at Marcus, he gave a slight nod of acknowledgement to his thanks, then said, "My name is Nex. Death is what cursed me to be like this," It wasn't clear whether or not if he was talking about a person, a thing, or just....death. "Nex Messor," He clarified with his last name. "Without these circumstances, there is a good chance that some of us would not meet at all."

Marcus gently extracted himself from the hugging situation and offered a handshake to Nex. His weak moment was brushed under the rug (hopefully) and now he was hesitant to let his guard down. Giovenith had shared poignant moments with him and he was relaxed around her but he wasn't sure about those outside the Teen Club. He felt the pressing need to be more adult (and lamented that their current predicament wouldn't allow him to just be himself.)

"That's Giovenith and Kale," Marcus wasn't sure if people had been introduced but there wasn't anything wrong with reaffirming names. "Kale's our botany expert and manipulates plants, sorta like chlorokinesis. Giovenith is a god, but a very good and compassionate one." He glanced around at the others. "That's Dani over there. She came from the Drones and she's wickedly clever with machines. Pretty, too. Torii's the girl holding the cat. Former child soldier and one of my best friends. Torii, not the cat. I don't know the cat's story. The guy in the heavy coat is Bran Nikanor. He's a former conscript from the Branriech and owns a tinkerer's shop not far from the Building. He's been here for ages. That big guy in the uniform was Dia. Time Cop. The furry wolf guy is Ray, but I don't know him well. I think he's a former soldier or maybe some sort of private investigator? You've met Sterling. Obviously a Pony, but he uses magic. Then we have the Monfroxian by the door. She's always by doors," Marcus paused and grinned. He wondered if Varona ever stopped guarding long enough to unwind. He noticed her extra arms but, with so many people gathered around, he didn't want to point them out. She might be sensitive about them, after all. "I don't know who the insect guy is, or the guy who came in with you."

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Fri May 23, 2014 7:36 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:"Let me call Primordial and see if he could use a hand" she said trying to be helpful, she stepped out for a moment to call him before returning several minutes later her skin a reddish color and covered in eyes like designs. "Hes in another city and would be thrilled if we joined him." she extended her arm and it opened up revealing pulsing lights and organic irregularities.

Naomi's face wrinkled into a bright smile. "Fantastic," she chimed, eager to travel once again by Luxan means. "Should we bring him some coffee, or maybe a doughnut?"

She wasn't too worried about stepping a way for a while. The others could reach her if they needed her, and she wouldn't be of much use to Ceril and Wren at the moment. The prospect of seeing more places - other than Bielefeld and the Island - was a pleasant one.

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Fri May 23, 2014 7:55 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Terintania wrote:

Marcus gently extracted himself from the hugging situation and offered a handshake to Nex. His weak moment was brushed under the rug (hopefully) and now he was hesitant to let his guard down. Giovenith had shared poignant moments with him and he was relaxed around her but he wasn't sure about those outside the Teen Club. He felt the pressing need to be more adult (and lamented that their current predicament wouldn't allow him to just be himself.)

"That's Giovenith and Kale," Marcus wasn't sure if people had been introduced but there wasn't anything wrong with reaffirming names. "Kale's our botany expert and manipulates plants, sorta like chlorokinesis. Giovenith is a god, but a very good and compassionate one." He glanced around at the others. "That's Dani over there. She came from the Drones and she's wickedly clever with machines. Pretty, too. Torii's the girl holding the cat. Former child soldier and one of my best friends. Torii, not the cat. I don't know the cat's story. The guy in the heavy coat is Bran Nikanor. He's a former conscript from the Branriech and owns a tinkerer's shop not far from the Building. He's been here for ages. That big guy in the uniform was Dia. Time Cop. The furry wolf guy is Ray, but I don't know him well. I think he's a former soldier or maybe some sort of private investigator? You've met Sterling. Obviously a Pony, but he uses magic. Then we have the Monfroxian by the door. She's always by doors," Marcus paused and grinned. He wondered if Varona ever stopped guarding long enough to unwind. He noticed her extra arms but, with so many people gathered around, he didn't want to point them out. She might be sensitive about them, after all. "I don't know who the insect guy is, or the guy who came in with you."

Nick, who unsurprisingly had been feeling excited, happy and somewhat jealous of (odd as that was) the nanites (who were in control of the situation to some extent) meowed immediately after Bran's mention of a cat, and then- although no outward signs indicated it- grew rather pensieve as further people were introduced.

The cat glanced at Bran, who didn't seem terribly attentive. <Honestly, maybe it would be better to have someone taller lift me? I hope Bran doesn't mind- but it's high and that means I really have to push with my legs- might accidentally extend claws- and... Well... That could hurt a person, (some fear/concern) if the difference is large. If smaller, that helps for a lot of reasons, also makes the jump easier...>
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Fri May 23, 2014 8:08 pm

Fvaarniimar wrote:
Nick, who unsurprisingly had been feeling excited, happy and somewhat jealous of (odd as that was) the nanites (who were in control of the situation to some extent) meowed immediately after Bran's mention of a cat, and then- although no outward signs indicated it- grew rather pensieve as further people were introduced.

The cat glanced at Bran, who didn't seem terribly attentive. <Honestly, maybe it would be better to have someone taller lift me? I hope Bran doesn't mind- but it's high and that means I really have to push with my legs- might accidentally extend claws- and... Well... That could hurt a person, (some fear/concern) if the difference is large. If smaller, that helps for a lot of reasons, also makes the jump easier...>

The meow reached Marcus' ears. Wren had told him a bit about Nick but it was in context to her trip to the warehouse and the Allspice problem. He turned his face to look at the animal and then shrugged in apology. "Sorry, I can't remember your name, kitty," and then added for Nex's benefit, "The cultists call him Telepathicat and throw up mental shields around their minds when he's around. He reads minds, or talks through touch. Something like that. The shields protect him from accidentally tapping into raw insanity."

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Primordial Luxa » Fri May 23, 2014 8:34 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Primordial Luxa wrote:"Let me call Primordial and see if he could use a hand" she said trying to be helpful, she stepped out for a moment to call him before returning several minutes later her skin a reddish color and covered in eyes like designs. "Hes in another city and would be thrilled if we joined him." she extended her arm and it opened up revealing pulsing lights and organic irregularities.

Naomi's face wrinkled into a bright smile. "Fantastic," she chimed, eager to travel once again by Luxan means. "Should we bring him some coffee, or maybe a doughnut?"

She wasn't too worried about stepping a way for a while. The others could reach her if they needed her, and she wouldn't be of much use to Ceril and Wren at the moment. The prospect of seeing more places - other than Bielefeld and the Island - was a pleasant one.

"Not a bad idea" she said and the fleshy cocoons from earlier began to close around them. When they receded they were standing in the middle of some kind of factory and Insidious, quick as a bird snatched something off one of the devices before they were once again smothered. This time when the flesh retreated they were standing in the middle of what looked like a shipping container filled to the brim with books. Insidious stood next to Naomi holding a box of steaming pastries before calling out "Primordial, I brought the godling, how you doin?" their was a sudden commotion from behind one of the piles before Primordial fell through it obvious surprised by their appearance. He quickly regained his composure and stood up to greet them "I was busy, now i'm suddenly not." he said obvious annoyed and Insidious sudden arrival.
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Factbook (underconstruction)
Personification Life and GAU Posts
Luxan Imperial Narcotics (The ONLY narcotics store on GE&T)

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Fri May 23, 2014 8:40 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Contrary to both Marcus' initial command-like reaction and the advice from Nex and Am, Dia had decided enough was enough. For all that he and his were (wrongly) considered heralds of Death, they never brought it. What they valued was life, and if that meant his own's top was about to empty - well, a curveball was a curveball. Never mind that Fate could make it fly backward, do a barrel roll, and then open itself up like a banana peel for someone to slip on.

He grit his teeth and rolled off the cars. In the blink of an eye, he was on the roof of the building across from the textile factory. A series of divots marked the places where he'd literally slammed his armored feet into the walls of the building and sprung up it.

Lying flat, again, he crawled to the far edge and melted a hole in the roof railing, hopefully to see down the road from which the nanite stream had come. The sudden exertion had him sweating and panting inside his armor; but its nature as a highly heat-resistant suit helped to insulate him from sensors. At least partially. He hoped.

It was impeccably delicate and refined in movement but, despite the surreal beauty, the unit standing in the street had the potential to be every bit as deadly as FUBAR. It was unclear if the machine was crafted by Drones or some unknown faction. It stood nearly ten feet in height. The slender appendages extending from its underbelly undulated like silken scarves in the breeze as they reached down to softly caress the nanites swirling around its three legs. It seemed unperturbed by Dia's presence or, more likely, it was unaware of him.

His position allowed him to see that the black water flowed down other streets as well. A second walker appeared in the distance then a third, each moving like patient shepherds leading goat flocks across a grazing meadow.

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Fri May 23, 2014 11:37 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Ha'nS regarded the fat Klingon and took a swig from the canteen before handing it back again. "Ha'nS, son of T'lor, of the House of Rie'Q. My brother is in the cave still, as are our companions." Several excuses for why he was outside sprung to mind but, as any good soldier will tell you, the less you say is the less you have to remember and the better the cover story is because of it.

A few steps brought him to the cave entrance. "Ru'hOff, ChryS, Mezran, stop counting dead petaQ. Come out so we can burn the bodies." He had no intention of letting the tribbles bake. In fact, the whole mess of them was comprised of individual creatures that were still innocent and only doing what was natural. He snorted. War does not harm the innocent; mercy is strength. It would be better if the tribbles that were still alive were somewhere safe, perhaps with Will. In fact, that was a perfect idea. He imagined they'd all vanish with a soft pop and appear on the bridge with a loud fart. And so it was.

(Will wasn't happy.)

"My companions have slaughtered thousands already," Ha'nS lip curled in a boast that didn't reach his eyes. "The bodies litter the floor." He didn't think a dead tribble would look much different than a live one, and tribbles were nothing more than fuzzy, large pebbles. And so it was.

(The scattered rocks inside the cave reshaped themselves until the pile of dead creatures was so dense that Ru'hOff had to physically push them aside in order to retreat.)

Ha'nS eyes shifted to the youthful warrior who had spoken. "A warrior doesn't turn back from an enemy just because the battlefield is small and dark. Nothing is more honorable than victory; we had no torches so we used our blades. That 'idiot', as you call him, has slain more in a day than many will in a week. There aren't many left alive. Go and see for yourself."

"Who dares stop our advance against these filthy beasts!?" Mezran shouted, lost in his bloodrage and paused short of striking one of the strangers that had entered the cave with torches.

"Your friend outside calls for you all," the young warrior spoke up and surveyed the field of battle with a torch. He was impressed, if a bit intimidated that three Klingons had slain so many with just blades. The young Klingon's thick eyebrows perched in astonishment as he asked, having not quite believed HanS' words until now, "How did you manage this?"

"How else? You swing your weapon, preferably hitting more than just one creature," Mezran said with a mirthless smirk. He narrowed his eyes upon the young Klingon and the two of his companions, as they all stood there unconvinced of Mezran and his friends' accomplishments. With the torches dimly illuminating the interior of the cave, Mezran looked around and fully understood (even if it was an illusion) all that he and his friends had wrought. Astounded at the sight of so many dead tribbles, Mezran led out a victory roar, his massive arms splayed out with weapons outstretched. "Glorious!" He said enthusiastically.

"Yes, you bring honor to us all!" One of the warriors spoke. Mezran did not need to be told so, and he just growled in acknowledgement of it.

"Let us leave, we have a long day's journey back to Varth," Mezran said, sheathing his blades.

"There are still more out there," the young warrior spoke up.

"Then deal with them! I have had my fill of these unnatural things. Come Ru'hOff, ChryS, we make for Varth," Mezran said, though the implication was clear that they needed to head back to the vehicle they descended down in. "With HanS, we shall celebrate our victory in the halls and usher in a new day!"

Swith Witherward
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Sat May 24, 2014 7:31 am

Primordial Luxa wrote:
"Not a bad idea" she said and the fleshy cocoons from earlier began to close around them. When they receded they were standing in the middle of some kind of factory and Insidious, quick as a bird snatched something off one of the devices before they were once again smothered. This time when the flesh retreated they were standing in the middle of what looked like a shipping container filled to the brim with books. Insidious stood next to Naomi holding a box of steaming pastries before calling out "Primordial, I brought the godling, how you doin?" their was a sudden commotion from behind one of the piles before Primordial fell through it obvious surprised by their appearance. He quickly regained his composure and stood up to greet them "I was busy, now i'm suddenly not." he said obvious annoyed and Insidious sudden arrival.

"You can't be busy when Insidious and I brought sweet things to eat," Naomi chided him, although she was still a bit dizzy from the transport. "And you're always busy, Primordial. All work and no play will turn you into another grumpy Thaddeus Cerillium. Trust me, I know."

She turned her head this way and that, taking in the room and all the books. "Where are we? Why do you stay in such a dreary place? Books should be studied in sunlight, unless they're meant to be studied in moonlight because of magic or because they're ancient. Hmmm. That reminds me, I have an overdue library book."

Naomi paused and set herself in front of Primordial. "How's Aegis? Is he going to be okay? Is he still melty?"
Mincaldenteans wrote:
"Who dares stop our advance against these filthy beasts!?" Mezran shouted, lost in his bloodrage and paused short of striking one of the strangers that had entered the cave with torches.

"Your friend outside calls for you all," the young warrior spoke up and surveyed the field of battle with a torch. He was impressed, if a bit intimidated that three Klingons had slain so many with just blades. The young Klingon's thick eyebrows perched in astonishment as he asked, having not quite believed HanS' words until now, "How did you manage this?"

"How else? You swing your weapon, preferably hitting more than just one creature," Mezran said with a mirthless smirk. He narrowed his eyes upon the young Klingon and the two of his companions, as they all stood there unconvinced of Mezran and his friends' accomplishments. With the torches dimly illuminating the interior of the cave, Mezran looked around and fully understood (even if it was an illusion) all that he and his friends had wrought. Astounded at the sight of so many dead tribbles, Mezran led out a victory roar, his massive arms splayed out with weapons outstretched. "Glorious!" He said enthusiastically.

"Yes, you bring honor to us all!" One of the warriors spoke. Mezran did not need to be told so, and he just growled in acknowledgement of it.

"Let us leave, we have a long day's journey back to Varth," Mezran said, sheathing his blades.

"There are still more out there," the young warrior spoke up.

"Then deal with them! I have had my fill of these unnatural things. Come Ru'hOff, ChryS, we make for Varth," Mezran said, though the implication was clear that they needed to head back to the vehicle they descended down in. "With HanS, we shall celebrate our victory in the halls and usher in a new day!"

Ru'hOff clapped the young warrior on the back. "TIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp," he advised with a crafty sneer to his lips. Of course, if his own group spent time hitting them hard and fast would only delay them, and he breathed in relief when Mezran suggested they move out. He hid his sneaking suspicion that Ha'nS had messed with things.

"Come," Ha'nS laughed, "Let us do as Mezran says. We'll sing long until the night and drink until we fall down." He bestowed a randy grin upon ChryS and adjusted his pack.
★ Senior P2TM RP Mentor ★
How may I help you today?
TG Swith Witherward
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
P2TM Mentor & Personal Bio: Gentlemen, Behold!
Raider Account Bio: The Eternal Bugblatter Fennec of Traal!
Madhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts,
and humanities and their replacement by entertainment,
self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility. - sauce

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Primordial Luxa » Sat May 24, 2014 8:35 am

Swith Witherward wrote:"You can't be busy when Insidious and I brought sweet things to eat," Naomi chided him, although she was still a bit dizzy from the transport. "And you're always busy, Primordial. All work and no play will turn you into another grumpy Thaddeus Cerillium. Trust me, I know."

She turned her head this way and that, taking in the room and all the books. "Where are we? Why do you stay in such a dreary place? Books should be studied in sunlight, unless they're meant to be studied in moonlight because of magic or because they're ancient. Hmmm. That reminds me, I have an overdue library book."

Naomi paused and set herself in front of Primordial. "How's Aegis? Is he going to be okay? Is he still melty?"

Primordial smiled at her before taking one of the threats Insidious was offering. “Youd be surprised how busy on can be when their trying to turn this…” he handed her a small test tube of grey dust “into your old friend.” He paused to look around a strange mixture of emotions crossing his face. “This is a small storage unit we bought a few years ago, it in a city close to Belefield but far enough to be outside any potential danger zones.”
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Factbook (underconstruction)
Personification Life and GAU Posts
Luxan Imperial Narcotics (The ONLY narcotics store on GE&T)

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sat May 24, 2014 9:39 am

Nick found the nickname to be rather cool, his slight excitement at it running together with Torii's. It did, after all, sound like something out of a comic book, and he'd been reading one at the library just the other day; it had been cool. It occurred to him that maybe he could be a hero- For that matter, maybe some comic book had someone with his powers- After all, there was that word again, or some variation. He resolved to look into it- after getting home and finishing the volume which he was reading, of course.

Speaking of said feline's powers, he also "spoke" to Torii (who this time around would have received almost the entire train of thought.) <It's the latter- I talk if I'm touching someone. I did used to feel more nervous when near those cultists though, before they knew... I dunno what to make of it...>
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sat May 24, 2014 7:09 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Fvaarniimar wrote:

The meow reached Marcus' ears. Wren had told him a bit about Nick but it was in context to her trip to the warehouse and the Allspice problem. He turned his face to look at the animal and then shrugged in apology. "Sorry, I can't remember your name, kitty," and then added for Nex's benefit, "The cultists call him Telepathicat and throw up mental shields around their minds when he's around. He reads minds, or talks through touch. Something like that. The shields protect him from accidentally tapping into raw insanity."

Nex shook Marcus' hand and listened to him introducing everyone, nodding to each of them in turn, as they were mentioned, even though it was basically a guarantee that none of them were really paying enough attention to see the nod. "Thank you for the introductions," He said to Marcus, giving him a nod as well. Once the introductions were over, Nex glanced around, wondering if there was anything anyone needed assistance with. Suddenly, his mind went to Am. Was he alright out there? He was fairly certain that the Tilktep knew how to survive against these enemies, and he didn't get the sense that Am was dead or dying, but since he didn't know if his powers even worked for Tilktep, he wanted to know for sure.

Am. Are you alright out there? If you can get to the bank, I'm sure no one would mind if you came in, He said in his mind, wondering if Am would even hear him, or what the range was to the mental connection. He also wondered how long it was supposed to last.
Times are looking grim these days~

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sat May 24, 2014 7:40 pm

Terintania wrote:
Nex shook Marcus' hand and listened to him introducing everyone, nodding to each of them in turn, as they were mentioned, even though it was basically a guarantee that none of them were really paying enough attention to see the nod. "Thank you for the introductions," He said to Marcus, giving him a nod as well. Once the introductions were over, Nex glanced around, wondering if there was anything anyone needed assistance with. Suddenly, his mind went to Am. Was he alright out there? He was fairly certain that the Tilktep knew how to survive against these enemies, and he didn't get the sense that Am was dead or dying, but since he didn't know if his powers even worked for Tilktep, he wanted to know for sure.

Am. Are you alright out there? If you can get to the bank, I'm sure no one would mind if you came in, He said in his mind, wondering if Am would even hear him, or what the range was to the mental connection. He also wondered how long it was supposed to last.

"I'll wait for the shepherds to pass, Friend Nex," came the faint reply.

The Tilktep hadn't gone far in his quest to obscure himself from the grazing machines. Height was the key; the black nanites never bothered to travel beyond ground level. Am was perched on a paper factory not too far from the bank. He lifted a hing leg and kicked himself in the head to scrape away grime. A soft dander cloud momentarily haloed his skull and then was swept away by the evening breeze.

"Troublesome, aren't they? You should wait, too. Dusk and dawn, every day. It's clockwork. They're scanning and analyzing microbes. They'll deconstruct you if you give them the chance. All avoid them. Nifid, Drone, Cultist. Even Cthulhu bugs out although, due to size and attitude, the resident monster-freaks can stand their ground and claim some areas in the city. Their shepherds are nasty work. Death upon you should you threaten their flock. We don't know what they follow or to whom they belong. They come, they flow, they move on. Eternally moving in strange patterns, always the same dance to silent music."

Am's mind opened to allow Nex a quick view of the street he happened to be glancing down. The colors were more vibrant and, despite the growing dark, every object was as clear as if viewed under a noonday sun. The world swirled as Am's head turned (possibly slightly nauseating Nex) and then they pierced the gloom to briefly settle on what little of Dia could be seen from his rooftop hiding spot.

Marcus had offered a polite "you're welcome" to Nex before moving towards Torii and Nick. He hesitated and then reached forward with his organic hand to gently rub Nick under his chin. He'd figured the cat wouldn't have anything to say but at least the gesture might help calm him.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat May 24, 2014 7:59 pm

"Hiya.", Torii said plainly to Marcus, still maintaining her smile. "You okay? Say, I think we could bust through that chained door over there, but there's also this vent up here, and I might be able to get through. I'm scared that something else might be in there, though, so I was wondering if I could get help lifting the kitty up there, so he could move around faster."

She joined Marcus and spoiling the cat, scratching his ear a little. "Oh, and I didn't know I was one of your best friends. I guess we share the same feelings, huh? I think it would be cool if everyone could hang out when we get back to our world."

She stepped over beside the wall, only a few feet away, and pointed to the vent. "See? I'm too short."
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Sun May 25, 2014 12:29 am

The BranRiech wrote:Natiya calmly followed along, taking in the bustling urban scene she was looking at, reading every little sign she could as Aleki guided her into a building. "This is the place, eh?" She smiled, looking around. Not much had changed in the art of lobbies over the years somehow, but the sounds of manufacturing sounded a bit closer than usual, and the glow from the forges (Or what she assumed were such) provided a nice lighting effect in the front.

Aleki walked up to the counter and ringed the bell a couple times.

"I heard you ving zhe bell zhe virst time!" Bellowed a rough baritone voice from forges. Moments later, a tall, hefty man with a beer belly and arms as big as tree logs, with a black bushy beard, walks out to the counter. "Now zhe, vhat can I help you vith?"

"Yes, it's me, Aleki Smyth, I came to set in an order for an armor set." Aleki replied, as he looked at the man.

"Ah, but vhy vould you need one? You already...." The man paused for a moment and connected the dots from there." Gotch you."

• INTP
  • All American Patriotic Constitutionalist/Classic libertarian (with fiscal conservatism)
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

I support Capitalism do you? If so, put this in your sig.

XY = Male, XX = Female

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun May 25, 2014 2:34 am

ChryS paused, hastily wiping away the blood and disguising it with a proud toss of her head. Ha'nS' grin gave her pause. Did he really - ?

Well, she wasn't entirely opposed to it, she admitted to herself after a moment's thought. It was just another way to celebrate who one was. Something in her, though, made her want to throw a goblet at him.

She grinned sharply and followed her companions.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Swith Witherward
Post Czar

Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Sun May 25, 2014 1:25 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:
"Hiya.", Torii said plainly to Marcus, still maintaining her smile. "You okay? Say, I think we could bust through that chained door over there, but there's also this vent up here, and I might be able to get through. I'm scared that something else might be in there, though, so I was wondering if I could get help lifting the kitty up there, so he could move around faster."

She joined Marcus and spoiling the cat, scratching his ear a little. "Oh, and I didn't know I was one of your best friends. I guess we share the same feelings, huh? I think it would be cool if everyone could hang out when we get back to our world."

She stepped over beside the wall, only a few feet away, and pointed to the vent. "See? I'm too short."

A red tinge colored Marcus' ears and he grinned sheepishly. "I'm good. You know, you don't go through something like a bully attack and Kale's monster plants, plus dancing and quests for clubhouses and not come away with new best friends."

He looked away, uncomfortable over expressing something so basic and human. After all, Torii was cool. He didn't want to look stupid in front of Giovenith, but he hated the thought of looking like a total nerd in front of Torii.

Marcus eyes locked on the vent. He gauged the distance and his leg's abilities, crouched, and then leapt. His arm swung as he did, slapping the vent and knocking it off. It landed on the floor with a loud clatter. "Oh yeah," he crowed, "that's what I like. Hey, I'll boost you up and you lift the kitty."
TG Swith Witherward
Madhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group

Swith Witherward
Post Czar

Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Sun May 25, 2014 1:30 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:
Primordial smiled at her before taking one of the threats Insidious was offering. “Youd be surprised how busy on can be when their trying to turn this…” he handed her a small test tube of grey dust “into your old friend.” He paused to look around a strange mixture of emotions crossing his face. “This is a small storage unit we bought a few years ago, it in a city close to Belefield but far enough to be outside any potential danger zones.”

"Hehe, Pods," Naomi giggled. She immediately thought of the storage company, and 'pods' seemed to fit with Luxan flavor.

Her curiosity was drawn to the vial, though, and she carefully turned it over in her hand to study it. "Poor Aegis, he's just not feeling like his usual self." Naomi bestowed a kiss upon the glass and gingerly handed it back to Primordial. Gods only knew what would happen if it broke on the floor. She didn't think Aegis would appreciate being swept into a dust pan.

"So, where does he go from here? How will you make him whole again?"
TG Swith Witherward
Madhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sun May 25, 2014 1:58 pm

Again staying quiet while the others made their way into the bank, Bran simply sat and watched once more. He was feeling a bit sullen, knowing that they might not survive the night. He knew the feeling well though, so accepting it back into his life was easy, but it still left that idea in his head that he'd much rather be someplace other than here.

"Oh, I could help Torii up." He offered, hearing Marcus' offer to do the same.

Feeling like he needed to help people out a bit more, he approached the group.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse