NATION

PASSWORD

Military Ground Vehicles of Your Nation [NO MECHS] Type 6

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who will OP the next MGVoYN[NM] thread?

Imperializt Russia
25%
Anemos Major
33%
Questers
5%
Dragomere
13%
Dostanuot Loj
3%
The Kievan People
14%
Oaledonia
8%

Total votes : 159

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Fri May 23, 2014 5:02 pm

Fordorsia wrote:
Purpelia wrote:I haven't made one yet. That's why I asked. I plan to write up Ymir pretty soon.

Also, I have read those. But they make no mention of anything other than requiring a name for the vehicle in question. I wanted to ask if you want a paragraph or two of text on the side of that. Since I am making those anyway.

Also, I have a question. What kind of engine do you think I could get (not a turbine, I don't do turbines) for the Ymir. The thing is supposed to be designed for the battlefield of tomorrow to combat future barbarian tanks.

Barbarian tanks?

Purpelians have a long history of using the words "foreigner" and "barbarian" interchangeably. Especially in Purpelian military literature which usually depicts foreign powers as the proverbial barbarians at the gate. Here is a bit from my writeup to explain things:

In the beginning of the 21st century with the introduction of the newest generation of Purpelian main battle tanks the Purpelian Armed Forces issued a request to Design Bureau Windir to produce a series of two stage reports on the future of development for main battle tanks and armored vehicles into the 21st century. The goal of these reports would be to examine trends in armored vehicle development as well as intelligence data on existing foreign projects and establish a series of specifications for future armored vehicles and finally propose a series of Purpelian answers.

The focus of the project was placed on the projected future main battle tank. Designated Zukunft Panzer Barbar 4 – (Future Barbarian Tank 4) the vehicle represents the expected next generation of foreign main battle tanks that are likely to be introduced in the period leading up to the year 2030. According to estimates this vehicle will have enough armor to defeat the 13-15.5cm canons used on current FBT-3 compatible tanks as well as the newest tank of the Wikingr series. It will be armed with a canon in the 17-19cm range capable of firing long range guided shells and top attack gun launched missiles and possibly augmented through the use of electrothermal-chemical ignition and control. In other words, the introduction of a FBT-4 compatible vehicle would immediately render all previous battle tanks obsolete.

The second part of the project produced a series of concept paper only projects designed to fit the various projected requirements the Purpelian Armed Forces would have in relation to the results of the study. One of those results and the subject of this document is the Sturmzarsturer (assault destroyer) Ymir.

How does it sound so far?
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Fri May 23, 2014 5:06 pm

Currently looking for a light tank and tank destroyer design to base on the armored vehicles used to equip the GDF's Drop troops with, here's what I have so far in the running.

Light Tank.

M551 Sheridan.

And

M8 Armored Gun System.

Tank Destroyer.

M56 Scorpion

Panhard AML

And the FV4401 Contentious

The Hussars, the non-elite counterpart to the mobile troopers, will use the same AFV's...because wow, is there a lack of western airborne AFV's.
Last edited by Zeinbrad on Fri May 23, 2014 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind.
The second way is to be kind.
The third way is to be kind.”
― Fred Rogers
Currently looking for an artist for a Star Wars fan comic I want to make.

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Fri May 23, 2014 5:10 pm

I'm not much of an expert on detailed backstory, but it seems fine to me.

Unrelated.
So, only two M43 Mobile Fortresses were ever made. One of which is called "Apocalypse Rex", and I need a name for the second. How does "Big Iron" sound?
Also, I've been thinking about giving the second a different primary weapon instead of the 250mm howitzer. Any suggestions?

Zeinbrad wrote:Currently looking for a light tank and tank destroyer design to base on the armored vehicles used to equip the GDF's Drop troops with, here's what I have so far in the running.

Light Tank.

M551 Sheridan.

And

M8 Armored Gun System.

Tank Destroyer.

M56 Scorpion

Panhard AML

The Hussars, the non-elite counterpart to the mobile troopers, will use the same AFV's...because wow, is there a lack of western airborne AFV's.

Knowing what time period you're going for is key.
Last edited by Fordorsia on Fri May 23, 2014 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pro: Swords
Anti: Guns

San-Silvacian wrote:Forgot to take off my Rhodie shorts when I went to sleep.
Woke up in bitches and enemy combatants.

Crookfur wrote:Speak for yourself, Crookfur infantry enjoy the sheer uber high speed low drag operator nature of their tactical woad

Spreewerke wrote:One of our employees ate a raw kidney and a raw liver and the only powers he gained was the ability to summon a massive hospital bill.

Premislyd wrote:This is probably the best thing somebody has ever spammed.

Puzikas wrote:That joke was so dark it has to smile to be seen at night.

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 01, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Fri May 23, 2014 5:12 pm

Zeinbrad wrote:-snip-

Have you ever had a sense of deja vu so overwhelming it actually hurts?

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Fri May 23, 2014 5:12 pm

Fordorsia wrote:I'm not much of an expert on detailed backstory, but it seems fine to me.

Unrelated.
So, only two M43 Mobile Fortresses were ever made. One of which is called "Apocalypse Rex", and I need a name for the second. How does "Big Iron" sound?
Also, I've been thinking about giving the second a different primary weapon instead of the 250mm howitzer. Any suggestions?

22cm Launcher?

Zeinbrad wrote:Currently looking for a light tank and tank destroyer design to base on the armored vehicles used to equip the GDF's Drop troops with, here's what I have so far in the running.

Light Tank.

M551 Sheridan.

And

M8 Armored Gun System.

Tank Destroyer.

M56 Scorpion

Panhard AML

Is it just me or have you over the last few days literally listed every vehicle, rifle and everything else ever made in some function or another?
Last edited by Purpelia on Fri May 23, 2014 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

New Tsavon
Minister

Founded: Mar 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Tsavon » Fri May 23, 2014 5:14 pm

Anemos Major wrote:
New Tsavon wrote:Hey, Anemos!

Tanks!

(Image)

> 'haven't been able to get it to look "right"'
> mfw gets it to look right

Really, the base vehicle captures the era perfectly, and happens to look very good in its own right. The personnel carrier is, of course, smexy, and you should feel bad for not having considered it earlier. ;P

Thanks!

Any ideas as to future tank projects? Future as in whatever succeeds the A1, of course.
Ave Nex Alea

Mallorea and Riva should resign

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Fri May 23, 2014 5:14 pm

Purpelia wrote:
Fordorsia wrote:I'm not much of an expert on detailed backstory, but it seems fine to me.

Unrelated.

22cm Launcher?

What kind of launcher?

Crookfur wrote:Speak for yourself, Crookfur infantry enjoy the sheer uber high speed low drag operator nature of their tactical woad

Spreewerke wrote:One of our employees ate a raw kidney and a raw liver and the only powers he gained was the ability to summon a massive hospital bill.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Fri May 23, 2014 5:15 pm

New Tsavon wrote:
Anemos Major wrote:
> 'haven't been able to get it to look "right"'
> mfw gets it to look right

Really, the base vehicle captures the era perfectly, and happens to look very good in its own right. The personnel carrier is, of course, smexy, and you should feel bad for not having considered it earlier. ;P

Thanks!

Any ideas as to future tank projects? Future as in whatever succeeds the A1, of course.

Char B1. Make one in the 20's and you will be the king of the battlefield. (I plan to)

Fordorsia wrote:
Purpelia wrote:22cm Launcher?

What kind of launcher?

Autoloaded low angle missile launcher. Fires 22cm HEADP (High Explosive Atomic Dual Purpose).
That's what I am mounting on my Ymir.
Last edited by Purpelia on Fri May 23, 2014 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Prussian-Polish
Attaché

Founded: May 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Prussian-Polish » Fri May 23, 2014 5:15 pm

Is the ELBO Kentarus worth investing in? It seems cheaper than the M2A1 but as good as a BMP 2

New Tsavon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Tsavon » Fri May 23, 2014 5:17 pm

Fordorsia wrote:So, only two M43 Mobile Fortresses were ever made. One of which is called "Apocalypse Rex", and I need a name for the second. How does "Big Iron" sound?

You should go with Holy Diver, obviously.

Why not give it a slightly less ridiculous main gun. Something in the 20cm range would work.
Ave Nex Alea

Arkandros
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkandros » Fri May 23, 2014 5:19 pm

Unrelated.
(Image)

Arm it with a 42cm Big Bertha mortar and call it something like God's Fist.
“I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.”
John F. Kennedy

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Fri May 23, 2014 5:22 pm

New Tsavon wrote:
Fordorsia wrote:So, only two M43 Mobile Fortresses were ever made. One of which is called "Apocalypse Rex", and I need a name for the second. How does "Big Iron" sound?

You should go with Holy Diver, obviously.

Why not give it a slightly less ridiculous main gun. Something in the 20cm range would work.

Thanks. I now am unable to choose between honouring the God that is Ronnie James Dio and Fallout: New Vegas. Fuck you.

It probably will be in the 200mm range, and will probably have the gun shield removed.

Arkandros wrote:

Unrelated.
(Image)

Arm it with a 42cm Big Bertha mortar and call it something like God's Fist.

Fordorsians probably wouldn't use the word God to even name a tank.
Maybe they'd name a light tank after him, just out of spite.
Last edited by Fordorsia on Fri May 23, 2014 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pimps Inc
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pimps Inc » Fri May 23, 2014 5:26 pm

Arkandros wrote:

before you read: be aware I don't intend to be mean. I'm just being straightforward.
First off, based off the commander's seat size (for scale) that tank is about 70 feet long and 25 feet high. That is ridiculously huge, and would have tons of engineering problems (look at the Lowe, the Maus, and any of the other super heavy tanks). Additionally, that 200mm gun would be minuscule on a tank that size. Thirdly, a nuclear reactor powerplant wouldn't fit in that tank or generate anywhere near enough power to move that behemoth like a hovercraft. I would suggest looking into actual tanks before pulling something off deviantart, so you know who does a good job of researching their art subjects and who doesn't. On the upside, the second picture looks really pretty.

Tweet Terrestrial energy is trying to develop integral molten salt nuclear fission reactors. These nuclear reactors would have about 20-200 times less volume than conventional nuclear fission reactors. The US, Europe and China are trying to develop supercritical carbon dioxide turbines that would have 100 times less volume than regular steam turbines. The Hammer's Slammers Science fiction nuclear hovertank would be enabled with the two technologies that are under development (molten salt reactors and supercritical CO2 turbines.

By shrinking the nuclear reactor and the turbine by 100 times, plenty of other vehicles are made possible. Various nuclear ships and submarines can be revamped. Also, space bases with nuclear become more possible with one launch.

More Info:http://nextbigfuture.com/2013/12/hammers-slammers-like-nuclear-powered.html
(My nation's FT)
Roleplay Information
2024: The Long Peace - United Mexican States

Risottia wrote:
United States of White America wrote:Although Nietzsche was a god-fearing atheist and his quote is positive, I believe it is negative. I think God has died because of our corrupt, open society, where there is no objective sense of right and wrong. Instead, I propose to resurrect God and avenge him.

No way.

When we meet aliens from outer space, we'll yell:

We poison our air and water to weed out the weak!
We set off fission bombs in our only biosphere!
We nailed our god to a stick!
Don't fuck with the human race!

Kanye West 2024

New Tsavon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Tsavon » Fri May 23, 2014 5:26 pm

Fordorsia wrote:
New Tsavon wrote:You should go with Holy Diver, obviously.

Thanks. I now am unable to choose between honouring the God that is Ronnie James Dio and Fallout: New Vegas. Fuck you.

You're welcome.

Anyways, there's an obvious solution here. Make a third tank.
Ave Nex Alea

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Fri May 23, 2014 5:27 pm

Unrelated.
(Image)

Light Tank.

M551 Sheridan.

And

M8 Armored Gun System.

Tank Destroyer.

M56 Scorpion

Panhard AML

Basically, Cold War in space.

That's how I can describe it, Cold War in space.

Of course, I already decided on the mobile troopers/hussars relief forces main tanks...the Centurion,Sherman Firefly and....M103 (Going to put this as a placeholder)
― Fred Rogers

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Fri May 23, 2014 5:31 pm

New Tsavon wrote:
Fordorsia wrote:

You're welcome.

That's one thing I'm considering, since I'll be changing a lot of things in the near future. But there's a problem, no one knows what the fuck Holy Diver means. I don't want my tank strutting around potentially letting everyone know that it worships Satan.

Zeinbrad wrote:

Unrelated.
(Image)

Basically, Cold War in space.

Of course, I already decided on the mobile troopers/hussars relief forces main tanks...the Centurion,Sherman Firefly and....M103 (Going to put this as a placeholder)

Why are you using tanks in space?

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Fri May 23, 2014 5:33 pm

Fordorsia wrote:
New Tsavon wrote:You're welcome.

That's one thing I'm considering, since I'll be changing a lot of things in the near future. But there's a problem, no one knows what the fuck Holy Diver means. I don't want my tank strutting around potentially letting everyone know that it worships Satan.

Zeinbrad wrote:Basically, Cold War in space.

By in space, I don't mean literal space, I mean the setting is in the future and sci-fi.
― Fred Rogers

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Fri May 23, 2014 5:35 pm

Zeinbrad wrote:
Fordorsia wrote:

By in space, I don't mean literal space, I mean the setting is in the future and sci-fi.

But why would you be using obsolete tanks on other planets in the future when they're already obsolete now? Or do you mean you're in space in the 60s?

New Tsavon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Tsavon » Fri May 23, 2014 5:36 pm

Fordorsia wrote:
New Tsavon wrote:You're welcome.

Yes, but who the fuck knows what Apocalypse Rex means?

Since has when Fordorsia cared about such things?

Fordorsia wrote:[Why are you using tanks in space?

Why aren't you?

Tanks are the future of space warfare.
Last edited by New Tsavon on Fri May 23, 2014 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ave Nex Alea

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Fri May 23, 2014 5:37 pm

Fordorsia wrote:
Zeinbrad wrote:By in space, I don't mean literal space, I mean the setting is in the future and sci-fi.

But why would you be using obsolete tanks on other planets in the future when they're already obsolete now? Or do you mean you're in space in the 60s?

I use them as a base and guide, try to not completely copy the vehicle, but stay true to it.
― Fred Rogers

Anomalous Research and Containment-
Spokesperson

Founded: May 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Anomalous Research and Containment- » Fri May 23, 2014 5:38 pm

Fordorsia wrote:
Zeinbrad wrote:By in space, I don't mean literal space, I mean the setting is in the future and sci-fi.

Even worse it's not just space 60s, it's the 25th century.
Elan Valleys wrote:Unfortunately they couldn't pioneer the concept of winning the war.

The Kievan People wrote:If Hitler was still alive he would be here making NS tanks.

New Tsavon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Tsavon » Fri May 23, 2014 5:38 pm

Anomalous Research and Containment- wrote:
Fordorsia wrote:

So...its Halo?
Ave Nex Alea

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Fri May 23, 2014 5:40 pm

Fordorsia wrote:

*24th...or 23rd.....or 22nd...or 21st.....

And it does get more advanced as time goes on.
― Fred Rogers

Anomalous Research and Containment-
Spokesperson

Founded: May 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Anomalous Research and Containment- » Fri May 23, 2014 5:40 pm

Zeinbrad wrote:

*24th...or 23rd.....or 22nd...or 21st.....

And it does get more advanced as time goes on.

I thought it was 2400 AD.

I suppose I conflated the two.
Elan Valleys wrote:Unfortunately they couldn't pioneer the concept of winning the war.

The Kievan People wrote:If Hitler was still alive he would be here making NS tanks.

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Fri May 23, 2014 5:41 pm

New Tsavon wrote:
Fordorsia wrote:

Yes, but who the fuck knows what Apocalypse Rex means?

Since has when Fordorsia cared about such things?

It means King of The End of The World. You don't fuck with anything with a name like that.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information