NATION

PASSWORD

The Miniluv Messenger: Big Brother is Watching Gameplay

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Port blood
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:19 am

Nii-chan is watching me
No,I don't speak for TBR,TBH,your mom,moderation or any other person/organization,just saying before anyone thinks that
Sedgistan wrote:Discussion of UDL shirts belongs in the UDL thread.

Kelvaros Prime wrote:*Introduces head to wall repeatedly*
People are learning,join the revolution!

http://pastebin.com/JG8S5Txd

Common-Sense Politics
Envoy

Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Common-Sense Politics » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:42 am

Unfortunately establishing an ambiguous, slanted stance instead of taking a clear, unadvisable one doesn't improve TEP's ability to execute effective foreign and military policy. These replacement measures are no better for TEP than the Defender Act was.
President of Europeia

Charax
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Charax » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:23 pm

Voting in favour of a Defender Act was a stupid idea when your community isn't prominently predominantly defender anyway. Let it die, Prussia.
Last edited by Charax on Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Minister of WA Affairs, Balder
◆◆◆

Port blood
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:35 pm

Charax wrote:Voting in favour of a Defender Act was a stupid idea when your community isn't prominently defender anyway. Let it die, Prussia.

But nii-chan i like them watching me!
No,I don't speak for TBR,TBH,your mom,moderation or any other person/organization,just saying before anyone thinks that
Sedgistan wrote:Discussion of UDL shirts belongs in the UDL thread.

Kelvaros Prime wrote:*Introduces head to wall repeatedly*
People are learning,join the revolution!

http://pastebin.com/JG8S5Txd

Venico
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Venico » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:58 pm

Common-Sense Politics wrote:Unfortunately establishing an ambiguous, slanted stance instead of taking a clear, unadvisable one doesn't improve TEP's ability to execute effective foreign and military policy. These replacement measures are no better for TEP than the Defender Act was.

It gives them a place to go however, a base to work off of. It's a lot easier to work with a field than a select corner of it when you don't have a plan.
Priest of Raider Unity

Raider Unity, Maintain a Founder, Sign a Treaty

Malice Never Dies...

The Miniluv Messenger
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Miniluv Messenger » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:06 am

Big Brother is watching Gameplay

Editor-in-Chief: Cormac Stark
Managing Editor: Venico

April Fools? Gatesville Inc High Council Purged

High Queen Nevadar and other High Council members are ejected and banned by "Supreme Overlord" Noctaurus.

By Cormac Stark

GATESVILLE - Less than an hour ago, Gates the great, Founder of Gatesville Inc, ejected and banned High Queen Nevadar and all but one member of the Gatesville Inc High Council from the region. Other High Council members purged from Gatesville Inc include Forum Administrator Kraut Killers, General of the Army Sudros, and Propaganda Minister Eviscerator X. The remaining member of the High Council is Noctaurus, the World Assembly Delegate of Gatesville Inc now listed in the regional World Factbook Entry as the region's "Supreme Overlord." The pre-title of Gates the great has also been changed to "The Protectorate of Noctaurus," indicating that Noctaurus now has control of the region's Founder nation.

Noctaurus has also cleared all High Council and Middle Council members from the header of the Gatesville Inc off-site forum and has posted the following statement on both the forum and Regional Message Board:

A new day has dawned, citizens of Gatesville. For too long have I watched as our region has floundered and fallen away from its true mission to destroy the World Assembly. Therefore, as Delegate, I have taken control of the region and will now stand as Supreme Overlord of Gatesville. With my leadership none shall stand against us!

We shall renew our fight to bring down the dastardly World Assembly without the other members of the High Council. The time is at hand to renew ourselves and prepare to repeal every resolution passed by that foul institution which seeks to reach its tendrils into every aspect of our lives.

Follow me, citizens of Gatesville, as your new and single Supreme Overlord of Gatesville. Follow Noctaurus to victory!

It is possible that the purge of the Gatesville Inc High Council is an April Fools' Day prank, but given the history of the Gatesville regional community this story is being taken seriously for the time being by The Miniluv Messenger. Gatesville, the predecessor of Gatesville Inc and original home to its regional community, was purged of all nations by Gates the god in February 2011.

More on this story as it develops. Stay tuned to this post for updates.

Tips for The Miniluv Messenger? Interested in joining our staff? Contact Cormacville.
Last edited by The Miniluv Messenger on Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Miniluv Messenger
Big Brother is Watching Gameplay

NationStates Forum | Dispatches

Please up-vote our dispatches!

Cormacville
Envoy

Founded: Nov 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormacville » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:41 am

As a very unofficial update to the above article, because the Messenger staff hasn't had time to approach anyone for comment or further investigate, two days after April Fools' Day the Founder nation of Gatesville Inc remains under the control of Noctaurus, the High Council has not been reinstated, and the WFE has not been restored -- though the ejected and banned High Council members have been unbanned.

On Tuesday night, Nevadar noted on the Gatesville Inc RMB that Noctaurus had been in possession of the password to the Founder nation only "in case of emergency."
Cormac Skollvaldr
Founder of Over the Rainbow

"We are all misfits living in a world on fire." - Kelly Clarkson

The Miniluv Messenger
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Miniluv Messenger » Sat May 03, 2014 4:42 pm

Big Brother is watching Gameplay

Editor-in-Chief: Cormac Stark
Managing Editor: Venico

Trouble in the UDL?

Calls for new leadership, "aggressive" foreign policies, and more GCR influence are being raised

By Venico

The United Defenders League - Lately it seems that this once powerful defending force has fallen into irrelevance and inactivity. It has been a downward curve activity wise ever since current Chief of the Band, Mahaj, took the reigns of this organization. You can blame an overall downturn of defenderdom, figurehead Unibot's comments expressing a disregard for defender unity, or possibly a lack of motivation from Mahaj. Whatever you may blame, it's clear that the UDL is on life support and needs some help quickly if it wants to rise from the grave of irrelevance.

So what are the merry men to do? Well today Cameron Romefeller, former head of Foreign Affairs, posted this topic today. He calls for a few things within this post. First, new leadership. He wants Mahaj to step down and open up the pool of candidates to a wider audience. It is not clear whether or not Cameron believes Mahaj is the cause of this downturn for the UDL, but he thinks replacing him will help.

More talk is what Cameron also wants. If there's anything we know about defenders it's that they don't talk enough and are on the field too much! Cam calls for an "aggressive" approach in this department and expresses a wish for the UDL to go recruiting from other regions and further its reach.

New ranks too! Cameron would like to install more shiny things for new merry men to reach for. To give them incentive to get out there and defend. He would like to see a larger rank system installed and more shiny badges passed around in order to invigorate the troops. Apparently the defunct side of defenderdom isn't a strong enough call anymore.

Finally, coupled with the wish to recruit from other regions, Cam wants to retract the Neutral Policy the UDL has taken with GCRs in order to avoid getting involved in political conflicts or even helping coups as seen in 2012. Cameron believes that retracting this policy will allow them to "pick newcomers off the boat" and extend their reach further into the affairs of regions. In the words of a Merry Man, "We need more GCR influence" and it wasn't even Uni saying it.

We here at The Miniluv Messenger will continue to monitor this story and look forward to more imperialistic policies coming from the UDL.

Editor's Note: I just wanted to apologize for the image quality but hey, journalism must go on. If anyone would like to provide a better image please submit it via telegram.
Last edited by The Miniluv Messenger on Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:06 am, edited 4 times in total.
The Miniluv Messenger
Big Brother is Watching Gameplay

NationStates Forum | Dispatches

Please up-vote our dispatches!

Cormac A Stark
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac A Stark » Sat May 03, 2014 4:48 pm

Is Cameron Romefeller still the UDL's Chief of Foreign Affairs? If so, they should perhaps consider a replacement now that he's been caught saying he wants the UDL to gain GCR influence so it can "pick newcomers off the boat." Does Chief Mahaj agree that the only purpose for relations with GCRs is to use them to strengthen the UDL?

On the other hand, it's not as though the UDL is still relevant.

Venico
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Venico » Sat May 03, 2014 4:54 pm

Cormac A Stark wrote:Is Cameron Romefeller still the UDL's Chief of Foreign Affairs?

I asked around and didn't get a solid answer. Heck, even Uni didn't know. So I erred on the safe side and said former. If anyone DOES know that would be awesome. =P
Priest of Raider Unity

Malice Never Dies...

Feux
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Feux » Sat May 03, 2014 5:30 pm

Finally, coupled with the wish to recruit from other regions, Cam wants to retract the Neutral Policy the UDL has taken with GCRs in order to avoid getting involved in political conflicts or even helping coups as seen in 2012. Cameron believes that retracting this policy will allow them to "pick newcomers off the boat" and extend their reach further into the affairs of regions. In the words of a Merry Man, "We need more GCR influence" and it wasn't even Uni saying it.

Winter is coming.
Always Changing Shapes
TheBestDudeInHistory wrote:Feux is what would happen if I had my shitposting physically removed, isolated, and permitted to become sentient on its own. And I mean that in the best way possible. Clearly I need to marry Feux.

Cameron M Romefeller
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 21, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Cameron M Romefeller » Sat May 03, 2014 5:46 pm

Cormac A Stark wrote:Is Cameron Romefeller still the UDL's Chief of Foreign Affairs? If so, they should perhaps consider a replacement now that he's been caught saying he wants the UDL to gain GCR influence so it can "pick newcomers off the boat." Does Chief Mahaj agree that the only purpose for relations with GCRs is to use them to strengthen the UDL?

What, are you upset that Defenderdom should be finally picking up on what you already do Cormac? Are you not happy that Defenders have finally caught on to the fact that most raider and imperialist organizations directly influence GCRs with political maneuvering and sometimes direct action *cough* OSIRIS *cough*. Maybe you should step back and realize that times are changing, and its time for defenders to stand tall once again. No more shadows, for we've sat back in them too long. I find it funny really, you, of all people, would be the pot calling the kettle black.

Furthermore, I think Mahaj is a good leader, but I believe in a flow of new blood into the leadership. That's what I'm hoping for. Let us see a rise of unity and let us advance into a new age, Defenders. Stand behind these principals of unity, assistance, and purity of heart.
Cameron M. Romefeller, Old Defender, Been in this game far too long
Complete List of Positions (Woefully out of date)

Tano
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tano » Sat May 03, 2014 6:12 pm

Cameron M Romefeller wrote:
Cormac A Stark wrote:Is Cameron Romefeller still the UDL's Chief of Foreign Affairs? If so, they should perhaps consider a replacement now that he's been caught saying he wants the UDL to gain GCR influence so it can "pick newcomers off the boat." Does Chief Mahaj agree that the only purpose for relations with GCRs is to use them to strengthen the UDL?

What, are you upset that Defenderdom should be finally picking up on what you already do Cormac? Are you not happy that Defenders have finally caught on to the fact that most raider and imperialist organizations directly influence GCRs with political maneuvering and sometimes direct action *cough* OSIRIS *cough*.

So basically you're going to stoop down to their level by also getting involved in GCRs and trying to manipulate them?

Because as a feederite, I find that sickening, especially from the "morally superior" defenders. Too many people treat the GCRs as their playthings in this game.

But I'm glad to see you true colors on the matter. Yet another example of the "purity of heart" you claim to have, eh?
Tano Holland
Govindia: Do you consider me a friend, or just an acquaintance or what?
hobbes: I don't particularly consider anyone a true 'friend'
hobbes: at least,not on NS
Govindia: why is that?
hobbes: because
hobbes: everyone here is a jackass
hobbes: myself included

Pixie: *heart sploosh*
Tano: if your heart is splooshing you should contact a doctor
Tano: hearts are supposed to thump not sploosh
Pixie: No this is normal
Pixie: intense emotion causes me to hemorrage internally
Pixie: my life is like a really depressing comedic episode of The X-Files

Khron: we need an achievment of rem's face just for Tano
Pixie: haha
Pixie: "be Tano"

Brunhilde: My quotes should be in more signatures.

Also known as Takane or Terisclu

Cameron M Romefeller
Spokesperson

Postby Cameron M Romefeller » Sat May 03, 2014 6:16 pm

Tano wrote:
Cameron M Romefeller wrote:What, are you upset that Defenderdom should be finally picking up on what you already do Cormac? Are you not happy that Defenders have finally caught on to the fact that most raider and imperialist organizations directly influence GCRs with political maneuvering and sometimes direct action *cough* OSIRIS *cough*.

So basically you're going to stoop down to their level by also getting involved in GCRs and trying to manipulate them?

Because as a feederite, I find that sickening, especially from the "morally superior" defenders. Too many people treat the GCRs as their playthings in this game.

But I'm glad to see you true colors on the matter. Yet another example of the "purity of heart" you claim to have, eh?

FRA is a big thing in Lazarus. Not like the NS world is a virgin to it. I don't want to take over GCRs, no, I've always stated I wanted to stop it. Getting involved in GCRs as opposed to sitting around thumbing our own anuses away from them makes us a small, non-potent group. Imperialists get into political intrigue, and then things like Osiris happen. So we cant' help put an end to that? Why not let us come help out, or would that be too "unitist" of me to say?

Tano
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tano » Sat May 03, 2014 6:19 pm

Cameron M Romefeller wrote:
Tano wrote:So basically you're going to stoop down to their level by also getting involved in GCRs and trying to manipulate them?

FRA is a big thing in Lazarus. Not like the NS world is a virgin to it. I don't want to take over GCRs, no, I've always stated I wanted to stop it. Getting involved in GCRs as opposed to sitting around thumbing our own anuses away from them makes us a small, non-potent group. Imperialists get into political intrigue, and then things like Osiris happen. So we cant' help put an end to that? Why not let us come help out, or would that be too "unitist" of me to say?

Because I have seen first hand what happens when defenders try to "help" out GCRs. As for FRA in Lazarus, they have no actual control over the region, but rather are kinda in control of the LLA.
Tano Holland
Govindia: Do you consider me a friend, or just an acquaintance or what?
hobbes: I don't particularly consider anyone a true 'friend'
hobbes: at least,not on NS
Govindia: why is that?
hobbes: because
hobbes: everyone here is a jackass
hobbes: myself included

Pixie: *heart sploosh*
Tano: if your heart is splooshing you should contact a doctor
Tano: hearts are supposed to thump not sploosh
Pixie: No this is normal
Pixie: intense emotion causes me to hemorrage internally
Pixie: my life is like a really depressing comedic episode of The X-Files

Khron: we need an achievment of rem's face just for Tano
Pixie: haha
Pixie: "be Tano"

Brunhilde: My quotes should be in more signatures.

Also known as Takane or Terisclu

Cameron M Romefeller
Spokesperson

Postby Cameron M Romefeller » Sat May 03, 2014 6:34 pm

Tano wrote:
Cameron M Romefeller wrote:FRA is a big thing in Lazarus. Not like the NS world is a virgin to it. I don't want to take over GCRs, no, I've always stated I wanted to stop it. Getting involved in GCRs as opposed to sitting around thumbing our own anuses away from them makes us a small, non-potent group. Imperialists get into political intrigue, and then things like Osiris happen. So we cant' help put an end to that? Why not let us come help out, or would that be too "unitist" of me to say?

Because I have seen first hand what happens when defenders try to "help" out GCRs. As for FRA in Lazarus, they have no actual control over the region, but rather are kinda in control of the LLA.

That doesn't mean I want to force the UDL to run coups. Extending a helping hand to people is what we should be doing, and not being allowed to interfere in the regions in coup time where our numbers could be used to help natives keep control is really a poor policy in my eyes.

the Imperial Crown
Envoy

Founded: Apr 17, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby the Imperial Crown » Sat May 03, 2014 7:18 pm

Cameron M Romefeller wrote:Getting involved in GCRs as opposed to sitting around thumbing our own anuses away from them makes us a small, non-potent group. Imperialists get into political intrigue, and then things like Osiris happen. So we cant' help put an end to that? Why not let us come help out, or would that be too "unitist" of me to say?

The UDL has a very... colourful relationship with several feeders and sinkers, I shouldn't have to remind you of all people how (un)welcome the UDL are in some regions for their past actions and attempts at manipulation.

Things like Osiris? Cameron, the UDL could not have changed the fate of Osiris even if it tried, it would have been impossible and would only have resulted in Osiris literally being burnt to the ground, although I did see plans indicating that you'd very much like to attempt it recently. I feel that I should remind you that your first priority should be getting your story straight.

What exactly could the UDL achieve in Osiris? Seeing as you named my region as an example, I am very interested to hear what an organisation I all but helped shove out of the place thinks is waiting for it.
- Lord Ravenclaw -
10th Pharaoh and World Assembly Delegate
First Pharaoh of House Ravenclaw
= The Desert Star of Osiris =
5th April 2012 - 29th May 2014

Cameron M Romefeller
Spokesperson

Postby Cameron M Romefeller » Sat May 03, 2014 7:34 pm

the Imperial Crown wrote:
Cameron M Romefeller wrote:Getting involved in GCRs as opposed to sitting around thumbing our own anuses away from them makes us a small, non-potent group. Imperialists get into political intrigue, and then things like Osiris happen. So we cant' help put an end to that? Why not let us come help out, or would that be too "unitist" of me to say?

The UDL has a very... colourful relationship with several feeders and sinkers, I shouldn't have to remind you of all people how (un)welcome the UDL are in some regions for their past actions and attempts at manipulation.

Things like Osiris? Cameron, the UDL could not have changed the fate of Osiris even if it tried, it would have been impossible and would only have resulted in Osiris literally being burnt to the ground, although I did see plans indicating that you'd very much like to attempt it recently. I feel that I should remind you that your first priority should be getting your story straight.

What exactly could the UDL achieve in Osiris? Seeing as you named my region as an example, I am very interested to hear what an organisation I all but helped shove out of the place thinks is waiting for it.

Talking about Gatesville specifically. Since it was all "We don't do that anymore" the Gatesville occupation lasted longer then it should. That's all I have to say on the matter, and I don't feel the need to justify my words to you, but I think more people would have asked this, so I answered.

Venico
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Venico » Sat May 03, 2014 8:14 pm

Cam, don't you remember that it was the UDL that couped Osiris in 2012? And I hate to tell you this but here is the definition of imperialism:

a policy of extending a country's power and influence through diplomacy or military force.

What you're looking to do is become imperialistic. Which is fine, I just think the UDL should finally be more open about its intentions.

Also are you still UDL's Chief of Foreign Affairs? xD
Last edited by Venico on Sat May 03, 2014 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Priest of Raider Unity

Malice Never Dies...

Cameron M Romefeller
Spokesperson

Postby Cameron M Romefeller » Sat May 03, 2014 8:29 pm

Venico wrote:Cam, don't you remember that it was the UDL that couped Osiris in 2012? And I hate to tell you this but here is the definition of imperialism:

a policy of extending a country's power and influence through diplomacy or military force.

What you're looking to do is become imperialistic. Which is fine, I just think the UDL should finally be more open about its intentions.

Also are you still UDL's Chief of Foreign Affairs? xD

Imperialism, as defined by the Dictionary of Human Geography, is an unequal human and territorial relationship, usually in the form of an empire, based on ideas of superiority and practices of dominance, and involving the extension of authority and control of one state or people over another."

It has to be an unequal thing. This happens not to be unequal. NS Imperialism, however, is not the same as this real imperialism that applies to reality. NS Imperialism can be defined as follows.

n. imˈpi(ə)rēəˌlizəm - The practice of exerting force to regions for the gain solely of the homeland, or to exert force upon another region with the purpose of gaining control of it to therefore, extend influence out to continue to take control of such regions.

Or

Exercising power in such a way as to conquer a region to be added to a sphere of influence of the region of origin, with the sole purpose of gaining power or to expand the sphere of the home country.

Sovreignry
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 14, 2011

Postby Sovreignry » Sat May 03, 2014 8:32 pm

Venico wrote:Cam, don't you remember that it was the UDL that couped Osiris in 2012?

Um...what?

The UDL did not coup Osiris, we, like many of the people online at the time, were duped by NK, Biyah, and Dali into endorsing NK, but no, we did not coup Osiris. The government at the time did not blame us either.

Good to know that Raiders are practicing revisionism now.
From the desk of
William Chocox Ambassador from The Unitary Kingdom of Sovreignry
Office 50, fifth floor, farthest from the elevator
You're supposed to be employing the arts of diplomacy, not the ruddy great thumping sledgehammers of diplomacy. -Ardchoille
It would be easier just to incorporate a "Grief Region" button, so you wouldn't even need to make the effort to do the actual raiding. Players could just bounce from region to region and destroy everyone else's efforts at will, without even bothering about WA status. Wouldn't that be nice. -Frisbeeteria

Why yes, we are better looking: UDL

Venico
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Venico » Sat May 03, 2014 8:36 pm

My apologies that should have been phrased better. It was UDL troops that pushed NK into the delegacy in 2012.

@Cam, Most imperialists in this game define their policy as what I posted earlier. Imperialism is just the expanding of your influence sphere as far as you can and through different mediums.

VeniEdit: Also who uses the dictionary of Human Geography? xD
Last edited by Venico on Sat May 03, 2014 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Priest of Raider Unity

Malice Never Dies...

Sovreignry
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 14, 2011

Postby Sovreignry » Sat May 03, 2014 8:39 pm

Venico wrote:My apologies that should have been phrased better. It was UDL troops that pushed NK into the delegacy in 2012.

According to my recollection of the numbers involved NK still had the endos to get above the delegacy and UDL troops were a desperation ploy by Empire.
From the desk of
William Chocox Ambassador from The Unitary Kingdom of Sovreignry
Office 50, fifth floor, farthest from the elevator
You're supposed to be employing the arts of diplomacy, not the ruddy great thumping sledgehammers of diplomacy. -Ardchoille
It would be easier just to incorporate a "Grief Region" button, so you wouldn't even need to make the effort to do the actual raiding. Players could just bounce from region to region and destroy everyone else's efforts at will, without even bothering about WA status. Wouldn't that be nice. -Frisbeeteria

Why yes, we are better looking: UDL

Venico
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Venico » Sat May 03, 2014 8:41 pm

Sovreignry wrote:
Venico wrote:My apologies that should have been phrased better. It was UDL troops that pushed NK into the delegacy in 2012.

According to my recollection of the numbers involved NK still had the endos to get above the delegacy and UDL troops were a desperation ploy by Empire.

I'll try to ask NK for exact numbers.
Priest of Raider Unity

Malice Never Dies...

Cameron M Romefeller
Spokesperson

Postby Cameron M Romefeller » Sat May 03, 2014 8:44 pm

@Cam, Most imperialists in this game define their policy as what I posted earlier. Imperialism is just the expanding of your influence sphere as far as you can and through different mediums.

VeniEdit: Also who uses the dictionary of Human Geography? xD

Not all definitions are the same.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay