NATION

PASSWORD

From which source your nation was inspired from ?

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Soviet Tornadolands
Secretary

Founded: Apr 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Tornadolands » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:13 pm

The USSR and the Tornado Alley.
Our main enemy is Natzi Earthquakestan, who are trying to eradicate tornadoes and kill all Jews.
[_✯_]
(-__-) If you support Communism put this in your signature.
☭/|\

Novo Wagondia
Minister

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Novo Wagondia » Thu May 01, 2014 6:16 pm

My nation was inspired by the history of South American style democracy fused with old fashioned, British style imperialism, creating an incredibly diverse, global powerhouse of a country that still is able to muster a substantial amount of freedoms for colonial citizens through an equal commonwealth, and ensure extensive civil services and liberal social policies while still nurturing a sprawling capitalistic market economy.
Empire of Wagondia
Map
Prime Ministers
Santa Catalina
"Here man's feet rested at night beside the eagle's feet, in the high gory retreats, and at dawn they trod the rarefied mist with feet of thunder and touched lands and stones until they recognized them in the night"

⚔ ♕ Her Austral and Imperial Majesty, Carmen I ♕ ⚔
△▽△
Modern-day realization of Bolívar's efforts to unify Latin America, with a twist of constitutional monarchy and a dash of overseas empire. The United Fruit Company never existed, and Henry Kissinger retired as an accountant. It all started that one summer, back in Panama, 1826...
▽△▽
Demonym: Wagain

Empire of Andrew

Sathera
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sathera » Thu May 01, 2014 6:40 pm

Nazi Germany, Imperial Germany, Scandinavia, a bit of Skyrim, and essentially what I've always imagined as my ideal place to live.
Unter unserer glorreichen Imperiums wir regieren!
Für Sathera wir kämpfen! Für Sathera wir lieben!

The Republic of Eastern Antarctica
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Eastern Antarctica » Thu May 01, 2014 8:15 pm

Australia, Canada, New Zealand (for democracy) and The United States (for republicanism)
The Republic of Eastern Antarctica
"Penguins and Humans Advance"
The Republic of Eastern Antarctica is a country located on the Eastern portion of the Antarctic Continent, Has leftist policies, but is still capitalist.
The Republic of Eastern Antarctica Factbook
Pro: Dogs, Australian Labour Party, The Australian Republic, USA, Democracy, Leftist Capitalism (kinda like Scandinavian countries), Catholics (who believe in evolution)
Against: Monarchists, The Australian Liberal Party, Soviet Union, Catholic who believe in creationism (I mean really?), cats
Political Compass Score:
Economic Left/Right:-1.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian:-3.03
Join The United Study Group!, We accept everybody!

Czvaklia
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Czvaklia » Thu May 01, 2014 8:27 pm

Czech-Slovakia, Poland, and Romania, they mostly influenced the "language". basically Soviet-era Slavic eastern Europe.

Czvaklia
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Czvaklia » Thu May 01, 2014 8:32 pm

Sathera wrote:Nazi Germany, Imperial Germany, Scandinavia, a bit of Skyrim, and essentially what I've always imagined as my ideal place to live.

Does the Futhark on your flag translate into anything, because I'm having trouble translating it

Sidh Ohn
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Sidh Ohn » Thu May 01, 2014 9:23 pm

Sidh Ohn came from a combination of factors though, as far as inspiration outside my own ideas goes, certain aspects were inspired by the various types of elven cultures in the comic series Elf Quest, the Wood Elves of Warhammer, the "Dark Elves" and Mirkwood Elves of Tolkien's Middle Earth histories, and a slew of other lesser influences such as the Vikings from 13th Warrior, various fictional takes on both the Huns and the Mongols, romanticized accounts of both the Carpathian Mountains and the Dark Forest, Robert E. Howard's degenterate Picts in some of his lesser known psuedo-historical works, etc., all blended up with a bunch of my own ideas.

Gkalgacxia
Attaché

Founded: Apr 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Gkalgacxia » Thu May 01, 2014 11:43 pm

I was inspired in creating Gkalgacxia after a trip in the UK and Spain (i live in Portugal) and their history fascinated me. I got the shape of the Galgatian penninsula from the Mexican state of Baja California, because it looked very fit for the description of the territory. For the name, i started from "Gales" (portuguese for "Wales", and added some Esperanto sounds in it, because i like this language a lot. By the way, the initial "Gk" was because my keyboard slipped, in fact it was supposed to be "Glalgacxia" :lol2:
Last edited by Gkalgacxia on Sat May 03, 2014 6:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
The name of the country is pronounced [ɢaɭ ɡɐ kʃia], Or, if you're not familiar with the IPA system, "Galgaetia" or "Galgacia".

Canakhstan
Attaché

Founded: Apr 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Canakhstan » Fri May 02, 2014 12:37 am

Kazakhstan and Canada.
[align=]Proud Whovian![/align]

Waqnar
Secretary

Founded: May 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Waqnar » Fri May 02, 2014 12:38 am

A holy Islamic empire
No, i am not an Islamic person who screams INFIDEL at everybody.

Costa de Oro
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa de Oro » Fri May 02, 2014 1:32 pm

San Theodoros from The Adventures of Tintin, Peronist Argentina, Castro's Cuba, and Chile under Pinochet.

Also, a pinch of Tropico 3 influence as well.
Puppet of Saurisia
All hail Alacazar and his glorious regime!

Dark Ages America
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Dark Ages America » Fri May 02, 2014 1:41 pm

America (obviously), the Novgorod Republic, the Thirteen Colonies, and Medieval England with the basic premise based off a quick scene from the series premiere of Futurama.
Puppet of Saurisia
The United States literally blasted into the Dark Ages by alien invasion and divided into numerous warring states. Inspired by a quick scene from the first episode of Futurama.

Herargon
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Herargon » Fri May 02, 2014 1:43 pm

Roman Empire, Byzantine Empire, and Fascist Italy/Nazi Germany or Prussia. And partly self made.
Last edited by Herargon on Fri May 02, 2014 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pro: tolerance, individualism, technocratism, democratism, freedom, freedom of speech and moderate religious expression, the ban on hate speech, constitutional monarchism, the Rhine model
Against: intolerance, radicalism, strong discrimination, populism, fascism, nazism, communism, totalitarianism, authoritarianism, absolutarianism, fundamentalism, strong religious expression, strong nationalism, police states

If you like philosophy, then here you can see what your own philosophical alignements are.

Ifreann wrote:That would certainly save the local regiment of American troops the trouble of plugging your head in ye olde shittere.
How scifi alliances actually work.

Albaie
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Albaie » Fri May 02, 2014 1:56 pm

My nation is inspired by history as well as my love for book series like Sharpe and the Saxon Chronicles by Bernard Cornwell and A Song Of Ice And Fire by GRRM and the First Law Trilogy by Joe Abercrombie. All of these influences have formed a rather odd nation of a mix of feudal Medieval/Saxon/Viking nobility ruling a modern nation with a Napoleonic style army.
Emperor Michael II Dubrack Dubracksson his most catholic majesty, the papal gentlemen, Crusher of the Republic. Emperor of Albaie islands, New Albaie, Rutenburg, Petrelle, Dubracksland-Newfoundland, Leifson-Newfoundland, Dubracksland, Firecount, Wetern, Retu, Tere, Ilop, Yerekn, Tenke and Hurte.
Crown Prince Dubrack Dubrack Dubracksson
Rated AAA by InterHoh Orginzation
King of the Nationstates Loyalist Resistance Army
Embassy Thread

Pandeeria
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Pandeeria » Fri May 02, 2014 1:59 pm

The USSR
An extremely warped, authoritarian version if my current beliefs
Helgahn
Fascist Italy
China
Lavochkin wrote:Never got why educated people support communism.

In capitalism, you pretty much have a 50/50 chance of being rich or poor. In communism, it's 1/99. What makes people think they have the luck/skill to become the 1% if they can't even succeed in a 50/50 society???

Daratus
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Daratus » Fri May 02, 2014 2:00 pm

Tropico mainly, but other real life and fictional nations also carried influence on it.
I might like democracy IRL, but that won't stop me from crushing rebels in a fictional country dammit.

My nation: http://www.nationstates.net/nation=daratus
My region: http://www.nationstates.net/region=the_west_tropicals

Gyatso-kai
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 03, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Gyatso-kai » Fri May 02, 2014 4:00 pm

My nation was originally intended to be the NS equivalent of Avatar: The Last Airbender; I ended up founding a region where we had multiple nations join in, establish claims as one of the Four Nations, and we all happily RP'ed together on Jolt. Originally, I was a random collection of Elemental diaspora; living in the farthest provinces of the Northern Earth Kingdom and continually pushed back by the larger, more experienced RP'ers who joined the region I created. I stayed true to A:TLA until a forum friend --- whose nation was based heavily on the Kaminoans from Star Wars --- decided to help me take over my region; essentially he provided me an excuse to include Star Wars fandom into my A:TLA nation through the addition of clone troopers.

In what became known as the Great War, my nation spent IC decades building up a clone army in the darkest reaches of our territory before a massive expansion which caught most of my regional nations off-guard. For a RL year (RP'ed as 60 years. Multiple threads for multiple wars), I waged war against every nation in my region, save my brother who was my only ally, taking over roughly 80% of the region. As such, I expanded my government in an attempt to formally unite the Four Elemental Nations under one flag: I was extremely lucky in that when Avatar Kyoshi (at least our version of her) died, we randomly selected who would get the next Avatar (Avatar Roku), and I was chosen. Having the Avatar lead the unification of the nations in my region was a great resource, and eventually led to my victory in the war. Unfortunately, kind of killed off my region since people were upset about losing. :/

After the war, I began to incorporate more of the A:TLA storyline that had been developed; seeing as I created my nation in the middle of Book One: Water, we were still playing around with initial concepts. Adding the Star Wars elements from clone troopers, to having put A:TLA into the "real world", to the additions of Mandalorians a couple of years ago due to the founding of a Mando-based nation in my region and Ponies due to a "humanitarian" mission last year, my nation is markedly different than it once was.

Avatar: The Last Airbender + Star Wars (Clone Wars Era) + The occasional odd toss-in + Minor MLP:FM = Gyatso-kai
The Avatarian Republic of Gyatso-kai
Denomyn: Avatarian || Trigramme: GKI || Located: Arrosia
Factbook || Armed Forces Holocron
Champions: World Cup of Hockey XXIII, XLIV, XLV, XLVIII, L, AOHC XII
Runner-Up: World Junior Hockey Championship III, World Cup of Hockey XXI, XXVI,
Third Place: World Cup of Hockey XV, XVII, XVIII, XL, XLVII

Distruzio
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 28, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Distruzio » Fri May 02, 2014 4:13 pm

1. From which source your nation was inspired from (Movie, series, game, etc...) ?

My imagination.

2. Why was your nation inspired from this source ?

I am fascinated by organized crime syndicates and am a monarchist/royalist politically. I'm also very religious and a laissez faire leaning distributist economically. Thus the political milieu of my nation was conceived (and has, over the years, evolved).

The culture of Distruzio was crafted to reflect the industrial interbellum period between the world wars in a "dieselpunk" fashion alongside a grey-on-grey morality.

I have had puppet nations to satisfy certain other creative desires of mine - the villains in the video game, Rage - One Authority; Mega-City One in Judge Dredd - Mega-City 01; the mythos of Cthulhu - Ahu-Yhloa; a victorious Confederate States of America - the Southron States; a mind controlling parasite - Neurax; a steam-punk psuedo fascist United States; a steampunk confederacy of Italian city-states... and quite a few more.
Last edited by Distruzio on Fri May 02, 2014 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eastern Orthodox Christian
Christ is King
Glorify Him

capitalism is not natural
secularism is not neutral
liberalism is not tolerant

Kharokovsk
Political Columnist

Founded: May 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kharokovsk » Fri May 02, 2014 8:09 pm

Eurasia.
We are a nationalist theocracy that destroys all communists with force.

Rundashia
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Rundashia » Fri May 02, 2014 10:51 pm

The USSR and North Korea.

North Korea is intriguing and one of my favorite nations, and the Rundashia - in my canon at least is basically Russia gone communist again and taking over a lot of Asia. North Korea included, imagine that.
Last edited by Rundashia on Fri May 02, 2014 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greater Vessela
Civil Servant

Founded: May 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Vessela » Sat May 03, 2014 2:49 am

The Combine from HL series, Oceania from 1984, fascism and dystopian novels i read.

The Holy NeoSpanish Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy NeoSpanish Empire » Sat May 03, 2014 2:52 am

;) guess it

spanish empire

Greater Vessela
Civil Servant

Founded: May 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Vessela » Sat May 03, 2014 2:55 am

The Holy NeoSpanish Empire wrote:;) guess it

spanish empire

francoist andorra!

Sahrani DR
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 06, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Sahrani DR » Sat May 03, 2014 2:56 am

1. From which source your nation was inspired from (Movie, series, game, etc...) ? - From the Armed Assault videogame.

2. Why was your nation inspired from this source ? I liked the background story of the Democratic Republic of Sahrani, the antagonist state in the game.
Political Compass:
Economic Left: -8.25
Social Libertarian: -3.15

About North Korea's allowed haircuts:
Hurdegaryp wrote:
Fartsniffage wrote:Well I'd be fucked. I went bald at 20.....

To the gulag with you, comrade! No place for degenerate bald-headed bourgeois class traitors in the Democratic People's Republic of Korea!

Hurdegaryp wrote:
Blekksprutia wrote:It looks like 1 haircut viewed from 28 different angles.

That's the undeniable superiority of the Juche doctrine in action for you. All shall be equal!
http://imageshack.us/a/img546/7193/y0bu.png
Souseiseki wrote:
Sahrani DR wrote:how do you even learn japanese?

sacrifice to the blood god

Gigaverse
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 26, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gigaverse » Sat May 03, 2014 2:57 am

Mostly my mood. MY MOOD, NOT MY VIEWS FOR THE WORLD.

But the concept is taken from various other things. Originally a Japanese Empire knock-off, it slowly and steadily drifted out of that territory until the point where it barely resembled the original concept anymore.

This description is still 90% correct AND relevant; but it has since been changed a bit. It's still mostly the same, with an addition of the Empire of Man (Warhammer Fantasy) for extra fun. Essentially, a humanocentric confederacy, if you'd like to put it at that.

THERE IS VERY LITTLE REALISM TO THIS NATION.

EDIT: Oh, did I mention that the Gods and rulers are all partly based on mythologies and the Cthulhu Mythos?

EDIT 2: The category of this nation is Freedom-Loving Libertarian Paradisaical Utopia. Deal with it. :p
Last edited by Gigaverse on Sat May 24, 2014 7:37 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Art-person(?). Japan liker. tired-ish.
Student in linguistics ???. On-and-off writer.
MAKE CAKE NOT stupidshiticanmakefunof.
born in, raised in and emigrated from vietbongistan lolol
Operating this polity based on preferences and narrative purposes
clowning incident | clowning incident | bottom text
can produce noises in (in order of grasp) vietbongistani, oldspeak
and bonjourois (learning weebspeak and hitlerian at uni)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information