NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life OOC VIII [OPEN -Sign up and Planning]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:11 pm

its late. ill post tomorrow morning. lazy typing.....zzzzzzz
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl
Radical Anti-Radical Feminist Feminist
S.W.I.F: Sex Worker Inclusionary Feminist.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:13 pm

Tomorrow is my grandfather's birthday, so don't be expecting much from me.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:16 pm

Your NS Nation's Nickname: Terin

Character Name: Draxis Da

Character Gender: Male

Character Species: Dragon

Character Physical Description (height, weight, apparent age, actual age):
Smaller Form:
Height:7 feet, 5 inches from toes to top of head when his head is raised.
Length: 18 feet
Width: Just barely the right size to fit through your average door. Kinda has to squeeze through.
Weight: Average for a dragon this size, which is quite heavy. 1000 pounds or so. (Slightly less then your average horse, due to hollow bones and whatnot that allow him to actually fly.)

Normal Form:
Height: about 13 feet.
Length: About 24 feet.
Weight: Heavy. Not sure what a reasonable weight would be.

URL to Character Picture, if any: http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ ... f23db3.jpg

(12 points to spend, no single power over 8. FLAWS must be applied to characters with powers)
Physical Attributes: Nothing above the normal of his race. He's stronger then humans, but he's not human, so....

Character Unique Skills(if any):
Race-based skills:-5
-Flight: He can fly. He's a Dragon, after all.
-Fire Breath: He can breathe 'liquid' fire, basically. It's basically the same as normal fire, but lasts longer and burns slightly hotter. He can only breathe so much fire before he has to eat and refuel, and he can't breath fire in his smaller form.
-Tail-whip: This is a skill that all dragons can do, but not all choose to. If he is feeling irritated, but doesn't feel the need to kill someone, he will tail-whip them in his smaller form. It's a painful attack, and might send someone to bed for the rest of the day, but it doesn't do any lasting damage. He will also sometimes 'tail-whip' people in his large form, but that's basically from when he wants to kill something that's behind him.
-Teeth and Claws: If he has to, he can fight with both teeth and claws in both forms.

He can speak both English, and Draconic, the Dragon tongue.

Character Powers (if any):
-3Size Transformation: He can change his size between two set sizes.
-1(DORMANT POWER) He could potentially eventually learn the ability to transform into a humanoid form. The chances of this ever happening are slim, though.

Character Weaknesses/Flaws:
-He can't breathe fire in his smaller form, and needs to eat to refuel his fire bladder when he runs out of fuel.
-If he flies too far for too long, he will get tired. Of course, he would have to fly quite a long ways for that to happen.
-He becomes weaker in his smaller form (Strength-wise).
-He doesn't much like the cold, and has a minor weakness to ice or cold attacks.

Character Background/Biography: Draxis was born on the Dragon Peaks, but he wasn't satisfied with the safety of the Dragon Peaks, and so, when he was a young adult (About 20), he left his home to go explore the world. He explored the world, seeing different things, experiencing different things, for 1300 years. Now a somewhat middle aged (Dragons don't really have a set age that they live), He decided it was time to settle down, and make a life for himself. Somewhere secluded, preferably, as the Dragon Hunters had become more and more prominent over the years, and his kind were going extinct. 22 years later, he met a beautiful dragonette(Or Dragoness, don't remember which is right), and fell in love. A year later they had their first clutch. Three beautiful eggs. It took about a year for them to hatch, as was normal for Dragon eggs. For a while they lived happily in their little cave, teaching the little babies all they needed to know. Then, about a month later, the Dragon Hunters came. They killed Draxis' mate, and attempted to kill the babies, while he was out hunting. He arrived back just in time to save his children, and massacre the hunters. He gathered up his children and flew away, knowing the only way to be safe now was to keep on the move and keep as hidden as possible. They traveled around for about half a year, before finding their way to Bielefeld.

Why the character is in Bielefeld/Occupation: To find a place to live, away from the Dragon Hunters.

URL to Apartment Picture:http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/7e/60/5e/7e605e3cb7bf893c8b288b91ef59cc9e.jpg

Link to RP examples:

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character: Will add when I think of something to write.

Character Name(s):Daria Da, Drania Da, and Draxion Da,

Character Gender: Female, Female, and Male

Character Species:Dragon Hatchlings.

Character Physical Description:
Daria:
Height: About 1 foot.
Length: About 3 feet.
Weight: About 10 pounds

Drania:

Draxion:
Height: About 2 feet.
Height: About 4 feet.
Weight: About 13 pounds.

URL to Character Picture, if any: http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h47 ... ae447d.png

(12 points to spend, no single power over 8. FLAWS must be applied to characters with powers)
Physical Attributes (if any above normal mortal human):
Nothing noteworthy. They're all pretty weak right now.

Race-based skills:-1
-Flight: They can fly, but just barely. At this age, they generally just ride around on their dad's back, or glide around. They can fly for about a half an hour, tops, if they absolutely have to.
-Fire Breath: They can....Sort of breathe fire. More like just sneeze random bursts of flame.
-Tail-whip: They can tail-whip, like any other dragon, but they're so small it would probably just sting for a couple of seconds.
-Teeth and Claws: If he has to, they can fight with both teeth and claws, but it would be like being attacked by an angry cat. Compared to a full-grown dragon, that's kinda lame. You could probably just hold them at arms length.
-Cuteness!: All three are incredibly cute.

They can speak both Draconic and English, but are much more fluent in Draconic.

As they grow, they have the potential to learn the same powers as their dad.

Character Weaknesses/Flaws: They're small and as helpless as your average cat, basically.

Character Background/Biography: The three dragonlings were born in a lovely home cave. Their first year, they were inside the eggs, being told the stories and adventures of their parents through a mental connection that mother dragons always have with their eggs. Once they hatched, they lived happily for a while, learning how to be a Dragon. But that soon changed as Dragon Hunters came and killed their mother. Their father arrived just in time to save them, and they left, looking for a safe place where they could live. A half a year later, they found Bielefeld.

Why the character is in Bielefeld/Occupation: To escape from the dragon hunters.

URL to Apartment Picture: See above App

Link to RP examples:

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character: Will add when I think of something to write.

Figured I minus well post this now, even though I don't plan on introducing them for a while.
Times are looking grim these days~

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:42 pm

Monfrox wrote:Tomorrow is my grandfather's birthday, so don't be expecting much from me.

No problem, as regards myself and Nick. One, I understand, and two, I'll be pretty busy as well so that works :)! I hope your grandfather has a wonderful birthday!
. ,,,,,
.||||
[~~~~]
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:42 pm

Terintania wrote:

Smaller Form:
Width: Just barely the right size to fit through your average door. Kinda has to squeeze through.
Weight: Average for a dragon this size, which is quite heavy. 1000 pounds or so. (Slightly less then your average horse, due to hollow bones and whatnot that allow him to actually fly.)

Normal Form:

URL to Character Picture, if any: http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ ... f23db3.jpg

Physical Attributes: Nothing above the normal of his race. He's stronger then humans, but he's not human, so....

-Fire Breath: He can breathe 'liquid' fire, basically. It's basically the same as normal fire, but lasts longer and burns slightly hotter. He can only breathe so much fire before he has to eat and refuel, and he can't breath fire in his smaller form.
-Tail-whip: This is a skill that all dragons can do, but not all choose to. If he is feeling irritated, but doesn't feel the need to kill someone, he will tail-whip them in his smaller form. It's a painful attack, and might send someone to bed for the rest of the day, but it doesn't do any lasting damage. He will also sometimes 'tail-whip' people in his large form, but that's basically from when he wants to kill something that's behind him.
-Teeth and Claws: If he has to, he can fight with both teeth and claws in both forms.

-1(DORMANT POWER) He could potentially eventually learn the ability to transform into a humanoid form. The chances of this ever happening are slim, though.

-He can't breathe fire in his smaller form, and needs to eat to refuel his fire bladder when he runs out of fuel.
-If he flies too far for too long, he will get tired. Of course, he would have to fly quite a long ways for that to happen.
-He doesn't much like the cold, and has a minor weakness to ice or cold attacks.

Character Background/Biography: Draxis was born on the Dragon Peaks, but he wasn't satisfied with the safety of the Dragon Peaks, and so, when he was a young adult (About 20), he left his home to go explore the world. He explored the world, seeing different things, experiencing different things, for 1300 years. Now a somewhat middle aged (Dragons don't really have a set age that they live), He decided it was time to settle down, and make a life for himself. Somewhere secluded, preferably, as the Dragon Hunters had become more and more prominent over the years, and his kind were going extinct. 22 years later, he met a beautiful dragonette(Or Dragoness, don't remember which is right), and fell in love. A year later they had their first clutch. Three beautiful eggs. It took about a year for them to hatch, as was normal for Dragon eggs. For a while they lived happily in their little cave, teaching the little babies all they needed to know. Then, about a month later, the Dragon Hunters came. They killed Draxis' mate, and attempted to kill the babies, while he was out hunting. He arrived back just in time to save his children, and massacre the hunters. He gathered up his children and flew away, knowing the only way to be safe now was to keep on the move and keep as hidden as possible. They traveled around for about half a year, before finding their way to Bielefeld.

Why the character is in Bielefeld/Occupation: To find a place to live, away from the Dragon Hunters.

URL to Apartment Picture:http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/7e/60/5e/7e605e3cb7bf893c8b288b91ef59cc9e.jpg

Link to RP examples:

IMPORTANT:

Daria:

Drania:

Draxion:

URL to Character Picture, if any: http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h47 ... ae447d.png

-Flight: They can fly, but just barely. At this age, they generally just ride around on their dad's back, or glide around. They can fly for about a half an hour, tops, if they absolutely have to.
-Fire Breath: They can....Sort of breathe fire. More like just sneeze random bursts of flame.
-Tail-whip: They can tail-whip, like any other dragon, but they're so small it would probably just sting for a couple of seconds.
-Teeth and Claws: If he has to, they can fight with both teeth and claws, but it would be like being attacked by an angry cat. Compared to a full-grown dragon, that's kinda lame. You could probably just hold them at arms length.

Character Weaknesses/Flaws: They're small and as helpless as your average cat, basically.

Character Background/Biography: The three dragonlings were born in a lovely home cave. Their first year, they were inside the eggs, being told the stories and adventures of their parents through a mental connection that mother dragons always have with their eggs. Once they hatched, they lived happily for a while, learning how to be a Dragon. But that soon changed as Dragon Hunters came and killed their mother. Their father arrived just in time to save them, and they left, looking for a safe place where they could live. A half a year later, they found Bielefeld.

Why the character is in Bielefeld/Occupation: To escape from the dragon hunters.

Link to RP examples:

IMPORTANT:

Figured I minus well post this now, even though I don't plan on introducing them for a while.

This probably won't work for PL. His size and species greatly limits him. He wouldn't fit in the Building (length) and he couldn't access any of the shops/gathering spots. It would be better if he could assume a humanoid form. I'm also hesitant to bring in any more "offspring". We have 13. All but 2 (counting Mon's new character) were either born IC or introduced as part of game play. The trend I'm starting to see is "I'm the baby. Gotta love me" from the 90's Henson Dinosaurs sitcom.

We do have a player (Gio) who had a character with an affinity towards dragons. We also have a character who is half dragon (Myra).
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:43 pm

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:00 pm

Cerillium wrote:The trend I'm starting to see is "I'm the baby. Gotta love me" from the 90's Henson Dinosaurs sitcom.

*wince*

Cerillium wrote:

Thanks Cer. *sends penguin*

Goodnight PL.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Borksmiclen
Secretary

Founded: Mar 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Borksmiclen » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:07 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Cerillium wrote:The trend I'm starting to see is "I'm the baby. Gotta love me" from the 90's Henson Dinosaurs sitcom.

*wince*

Cerillium wrote:

Thanks Cer. *sends penguin*

Goodnight PL.

Have a nice time facing away from the Sun, closing your eyelids, and hallucinating; however, it is unwise to let anything or one suck your bodily fluids, regardless of how much they beg or their sparkly appearance. This, naturally, includes certain insects.
This goes for all of you.
_->>
Controlled by same user as Fvaarniimar
To avoid confusion, please refer to me as "Fvaar" OOC.
Will return:.. may check in with Fvaarniimar occasionally and intending/hoping to post with Borksmiclen early Halloween 15. Other than that, up in the air. TG Fvaarniimar.
Demonym: Bomic. An alternate reality version of this nation is experiencing the zombie apocalypse.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:24 pm

I'm done IC and OOC for the night. TG if you need me. I'll be on a while. Unwinding from tense week.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:26 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Terintania wrote:

Smaller Form:

Normal Form:

Link to RP examples:

IMPORTANT:

Daria:

Drania:

Draxion:

Link to RP examples:

IMPORTANT:

This probably won't work for PL. His size and species greatly limits him. He wouldn't fit in the Building (length) and he couldn't access any of the shops/gathering spots. It would be better if he could assume a humanoid form. I'm also hesitant to bring in any more "offspring". We have 13. All but 2 (counting Mon's new character) were either born IC or introduced as part of game play. The trend I'm starting to see is "I'm the baby. Gotta love me" from the 90's Henson Dinosaurs sitcom.

We do have a player (Gio) who had a character with an affinity towards dragons. We also have a character who is half dragon (Myra).

PL is probably the only place they would have any chance of working.

In his small form, most of his length is his neck and tail, which are both very flexible, making it easier for him to fit in places.

Of course the coolest idea I have seems likely to get rejected. Again, so much for the supposed allowing creativity a lot in this RP :/

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:35 pm

Terintania wrote:
Cerillium wrote:This probably won't work for PL. His size and species greatly limits him. He wouldn't fit in the Building (length) and he couldn't access any of the shops/gathering spots. It would be better if he could assume a humanoid form. I'm also hesitant to bring in any more "offspring". We have 13. All but 2 (counting Mon's new character) were either born IC or introduced as part of game play. The trend I'm starting to see is "I'm the baby. Gotta love me" from the 90's Henson Dinosaurs sitcom.

In his small form, most of his length is his neck and tail, which are both very flexible, making it easier for him to fit in places.

Of course the coolest idea I have seems likely to get rejected. Again, so much for the supposed allowing creativity a lot in this RP :/

We have to keep in mind what works in the setting, otherwise we get total anarchy. "Allowing creativity" doesn't guarantee you get to play whatever you please.
Last edited by Giovenith on Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:38 pm

Giovenith wrote:
Terintania wrote:

We have to keep in mind what works in the setting, otherwise we get total anarchy. "Allowing creativity" doesn't guarantee you get to play whatever you please.

I'm a bit grumpy right now, so, yeah.

And how exactly does a dragon 'not work in the setting' any more then some of the other characters here?

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Cerillium wrote:This probably won't work for PL. His size and species greatly limits him. He wouldn't fit in the Building (length) and he couldn't access any of the shops/gathering spots. It would be better if he could assume a humanoid form. I'm also hesitant to bring in any more "offspring". We have 13. All but 2 (counting Mon's new character) were either born IC or introduced as part of game play. The trend I'm starting to see is "I'm the baby. Gotta love me" from the 90's Henson Dinosaurs sitcom.

Well to be fair, these characters aren't exactly new. I planned on switching off control between Varona and Sinyaya every other day or so.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:08 pm

Terintania wrote:
Giovenith wrote:

I'm a bit grumpy right now, so, yeah.

And how exactly does a dragon 'not work in the setting' any more then some of the other characters here?

Cer already explained the limits of his size. Either he won't fit inside the building at all, or chances are he will have difficulty with access to things. We do have a dragon character with a humanoid form, as was said could work for you. There's also a need for balance. Too many of the same "kind" of character (in one way or another) can slow things, as was referred to with the offspring problem. We already have a lot of "babies" to worry about. The CoOP's can explain this much better than me, though.

PL is a sandbox, but it's not a sandbox of endless free reign. When something is approved or declined, it's done so with the needs of the game as a whole in mind, because believe it or not, making sure an all-genre game doesn't explode in everyone's face is actually a pretty minute task, as TOO MUCH leniency with what can and can't be had can and has caused huge problems in the past. We've had plenty of apps that have been declined and then smoothly forgotten, or went through much tweaking in order to keep the balance. If something isn't accepted right away, declined, or requested to change a bit, it's not because the character is bad, it's been analyzed to probably cause unnecessary struggle in the already highly precarious balance.

From what it sounds to me, your app has actually been opened to tweaking, which means it could still be accepted with some changes, so don't get too worried about it for now. With apps, you have to go in prepared for what answer you might get, and work with it--there's plenty of tools here to help you with that. You have to be patient and understanding when playing here; unabashed stubbornness has never been met well.
she/her

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:10 pm

*Sighs*Screw it. I'm scrapping those apps. If I have to remove everything that I was interested in with them, it's not worth it.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:19 pm

Terintania wrote:*Sighs*Screw it. I'm scrapping those apps. If I have to remove everything that I was interested in with them, it's not worth it.

Nobody said that. "Compromising on difficult points" isn't the same thing as "throwing away everything." You can still save these characters, if you're willing to work with people. Ultimately, the apps are yours to do what you want with, though.

I would suggest keeping positive in the approach to these things. Don't take things personally, and try not to get huffy when things don't go the exact route you expected. Keeping upbeat and acting with grace goes a long way here.
she/her

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:21 pm

Giovenith wrote:
Terintania wrote:*Sighs*Screw it. I'm scrapping those apps. If I have to remove everything that I was interested in with them, it's not worth it.

Nobody said that. "Compromising on difficult points" isn't the same thing as "throwing away everything." You can still save these characters, if you're willing to work with people. Ultimately, the apps are yours to do what you want with, though.

I would suggest keeping positive in the approach to these things. Don't take things personally, and try not to get huffy when things don't go the exact route you expected. Keeping upbeat and acting with grace goes a long way here.

I never said I had to throw away everything, either. I said the stuff I care about.

If he has to be in a human form most of the time, it takes away the entertainment about having a purely dragon character.

If I have to tale away the babies, then take takes away the fun of them being a family.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:26 pm

Well then I'm sorry it turned that way out for you, I really am. It sucks to put work into something and not have it go the way you wanted. I would encourage you to find a different place to set them if you really care about them that much, such as writing an independent story, or finding a niche in a nation of your's if possible. Good, creative people can find plenty of outlets.
she/her

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 pm

Giovenith wrote:Well then I'm sorry it turned that way out for you, I really am. It sucks to put work into something and not have it go the way you wanted. I would encourage you to find a different place to set them if you really care about them that much, such as writing an independent story, or finding a niche in a nation of your's if possible. Good, creative people can find plenty of outlets.

Even if I had time for another RP or another story, I don't think there's any other RPs that they would work in, and every RP I make just dies before it can really get going very well, so...Yeah.

Oh well.

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:39 pm

Terintania wrote:
Giovenith wrote:Well then I'm sorry it turned that way out for you, I really am. It sucks to put work into something and not have it go the way you wanted. I would encourage you to find a different place to set them if you really care about them that much, such as writing an independent story, or finding a niche in a nation of your's if possible. Good, creative people can find plenty of outlets.

Even if I had time for another RP or another story, I don't think there's any other RPs that they would work in, and every RP I make just dies before it can really get going very well, so...Yeah.

Oh well.

Hey, Terin! I think I've got a possible RP for ya!
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=290674
I saw this a while back, and it fits your chars pretty well!
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:41 pm

Nice, Fvaar! :)
she/her

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:42 pm

Fvaarniimar wrote:
Terintania wrote:Even if I had time for another RP or another story, I don't think there's any other RPs that they would work in, and every RP I make just dies before it can really get going very well, so...Yeah.

Oh well.

Hey, Terin! I think I've got a possible RP for ya!

Coolness :)

Thanks.

Now to make myself have more RPs then I need :P

If it's still going.

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:48 pm

Terintania wrote:
Fvaarniimar wrote:Hey, Terin! I think I've got a possible RP for ya!

Coolness :)

Thanks.

Now to make myself have more RPs then I need :P

If it's still going.

No problemo! And I suspect that it is- as I'm guessing that you may have noticed, the most recent bump was yesterday.

@ Gio: Thanks!

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:08 am

I shall post my other idea for a character that I will add in the future, instead!

Character Name: Nex Messor

Character Species: Reaper

Character Physical Description :He has extremely pale skin, to the point where his skin almost looks white, as if he doesn't have any blood flow. He doesn't quite look dead, but almost, skin-tone-wise. His eyes are black, and his hair is a dark, blood-red. It normally looks black, but if you see it in bright enough sunlight, you can see that it's red, and it looks like he's got blood in his hair. His hair is just long enough to fall into his eyes, and is messy, though stylishly messy, whether intentional or not. He's tall and thin, and typically wears a variety of black pants, though most common are cargo pants or jeans. He wears a variety of black shirts, a black sweatshirt with a hood that he wears up a lot, a black jacketover that, and just a pair of black boots. Obviously his outfit changes, but he's typically seen wearing something like that.

General:
Height: He's 6 feet tall.
Weight: He is rather skinny. Not to the point of being creepy looking, but enough that it's generally pretty clear that he would be considered underweight.
Age: Unknown exactly. Probably at least a thousand years.
Apparent Age: Around 17.

URL to Character Picture, if any: No character picture, but here's what his horse looks like. His horse generally has a sort of thin mistyness around it.
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ ... 00e45d.jpg

Physical Attributes (if any above normal mortal human): Nothing above normal human.

Character Unique Skills(if any): Nothing really.

3-- He knows when people are about to die, and will sometimes show up to take dead people's souls to whatever awaits after death. Basically he's a Grim Reaper of sorts. Of course, this ability will probably never be used in the RP, unless like, someone's character dies, or on some random NPC or something.
3-He can teleport, though most of the time he prefers to walk around. He doesn't have to see where he's going to teleport. If he teleports where a wall is, he'll basically just appear next to it and smack in to it as soon as he comes out of the teleport.
3-He can summon his horse anywhere, any time. Well, within reason. I mean, he can't summon his horse in a place where it wouldn't fit, or like, in the sky or anything like that.
3-He can't die. He can be injured, and needs to take time to heal, but he can never die. Basically, if he gets seriously injured, he'll be as disabled as anyone else would be until healed. If he is decapitated, his body will heal and regrow limbs, but it will take time, and quite a long time.

Character Weaknesses/Flaws: He has a weakness to blades (Or any weapons) made for killing undead. It's the only thing that can actually kill him.

Due to his job of ferrying souls to whatever comes after death, he will often be either busy or distracted. Sensing so much death constantly can also sometimes have adverse affects on him, causing him to become depressed or can act slightly insane.

As mentioned above, while he is immortal, he will respond to being wounded like any normal human would, and will take just as long to fully heal as they would. Longer, if wounded (And not killed) by a blade meant for killing undead.

He can't feel temperature changes, meaning that he could be standing out in freezing cold and not even notice. Or he could be out in extreme heat and not notice. This may not seem like a weakness, but the effects of the cold or heat will still affect him, meaning he could freeze to 'death' without even realizing that it was cold enough to. The reason that he can't feel temperature changes is because his body itself is deathly cold, so all he ever feels is constantly the same temperature of cold.

Character Background/Biography: Nex was born on basically 'medieval' times. He lived working as a stable boy from a very young age, and when he was 17, he got deathly ill. Knowing that he was going to die soon, he tried to find a way to cheat death, so to speak, trying different assortments of things. This was a very dangerous time for such things, as everyone was very paranoid about witchcraft at the time. Basically what happened what his attempt to cheat death worked....in a way. He was punished for it, and was cursed to live forever as a reaper of death, sort of. He was destined to forever ferry the souls of the dead from this world on to the next, and so he did. For ages he has done this. He has seen the world change, evolve. He has seen empires rise and fall, and been there to take the souls of the dead on to the next world. He has seen people die of torture, in agony, and not been able to ease their pain. He has seen people die of their own stupidity, and he has seen people live who he wished would die. Though he easily could, he has never killed anyone, no matter what people think, or how much he has wanted to. He knows it is his place to observe and take people to whatever lies after death, but never to interfere, or the consequences would be disastrous.

The more years that passed, the more he suffered. Seeing so much death would take it's toll on anyone. Once he had fallen in love with a girl, but he never once told her this, for he knew that one day death would claim her, as well. When that day did come, he was there to take her on to whatever lies after death, though it broke his heart. Not once did he make any friends, or fall in love again, because he always knew that death would come for them, and he would live on for ages after they died of old age, and he knew he couldn't take that. But recently he has become lonely, and wishes he had someone that he could share his stories with, that he could confide in. And then he found Bielefeld, where there might be people like him. People who would live forever.

Why the character is in Bielefeld/Occupation: To settle down and make some friends, basically. And, if possible, to attempt to find a way to become human again, even if it means that he'll die.

URL to Apartment Picture: http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/ ... bc7660.jpg

Link to RP examples:
IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character: Will add later.
Last edited by Terintania on Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:55 am

Terintania wrote:I shall post my other idea for a character that I will add in the future, instead!

Character Name: Nex Messor

Character Species: Reaper

Character Physical Description :He has extremely pale skin, to the point where his skin almost looks white, as if he doesn't have any blood flow. He doesn't quite look dead, but almost, skin-tone-wise. His eyes are black, and his hair is a dark, blood-red. It normally looks black, but if you see it in bright enough sunlight, you can see that it's red, and it looks like he's got blood in his hair. His hair is just long enough to fall into his eyes, and is messy, though stylishly messy, whether intentional or not. He's tall and thin, and typically wears a variety of black pants, though most common are cargo pants or jeans. He wears a variety of black shirts, a black sweatshirt with a hood that he wears up a lot, a black jacketover that, and just a pair of black boots. Obviously his outfit changes, but he's typically seen wearing something like that.

General:
Height: He's 6 feet tall.
Weight: He is rather skinny. Not to the point of being creepy looking, but enough that it's generally pretty clear that he would be considered underweight.
Age: Unknown exactly. Probably at least a thousand years.
Apparent Age: Around 17.

URL to Character Picture, if any: No character picture, but here's what his horse looks like. His horse generally has a sort of thin mistyness around it.
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ ... 00e45d.jpg

Physical Attributes (if any above normal mortal human): Nothing above normal human.

Character Unique Skills(if any): Nothing really.

3-- He knows when people are about to die, and will sometimes show up to take dead people's souls to whatever awaits after death. Basically he's a Grim Reaper of sorts. Of course, this ability will probably never be used in the RP, unless like, someone's character dies, or on some random NPC or something.
3-He can teleport, though most of the time he prefers to walk around. He doesn't have to see where he's going to teleport. If he teleports where a wall is, he'll basically just appear next to it and smack in to it as soon as he comes out of the teleport.
3-He can summon his horse anywhere, any time. Well, within reason. I mean, he can't summon his horse in a place where it wouldn't fit, or like, in the sky or anything like that.
3-He can't die. He can be injured, and needs to take time to heal, but he can never die. Basically, if he gets seriously injured, he'll be as disabled as anyone else would be until healed. If he is decapitated, his body will heal and regrow limbs, but it will take time, and quite a long time.

Character Weaknesses/Flaws: He has a weakness to blades (Or any weapons) made for killing undead. It won't kill him, but it will greatly weaken him, and reduce his healing speed so that he heals slower then a normal human.

Due to his job of ferrying souls to whatever comes after death, he will often be either busy or distracted. Sensing so much death constantly can also sometimes have adverse affects on him, causing him to become depressed or can act slightly insane.

As mentioned above, while he is immortal, he will respond to being wounded like any normal human would, and will take just as long to fully heal as they would. Longer, if wounded by a blade meant for killing undead.

He can't feel temperature changes, meaning that he could be standing out in freezing cold and not even notice. Or he could be out in extreme heat and not notice. This may not seem like a weakness, but the effects of the cold or heat will still affect him, meaning he could freeze to 'death' without even realizing that it was cold enough to. The reason that he can't feel temperature changes is because his body itself is deathly cold, so all he ever feels is constantly the same temperature of cold.

Character Background/Biography: Nex was born on basically 'medieval' times. He lived working as a stable boy from a very young age, and when he was 17, he got deathly ill. Knowing that he was going to die soon, he tried to find a way to cheat death, so to speak, trying different assortments of things. This was a very dangerous time for such things, as everyone was very paranoid about witchcraft at the time. Basically what happened what his attempt to cheat death worked....in a way. He was punished for it, and was cursed to live forever as a reaper of death, sort of. He was destined to forever ferry the souls of the dead from this world on to the next, and so he did. For ages he has done this. He has seen the world change, evolve. He has seen empires rise and fall, and been there to take the souls of the dead on to the next world. He has seen people die of torture, in agony, and not been able to ease their pain. He has seen people die of their own stupidity, and he has seen people live who he wished would die. Though he easily could, he has never killed anyone, no matter what people think, or how much he has wanted to. He knows it is his place to observe and take people to whatever lies after death, but never to interfere, or the consequences would be disastrous.

The more years that passed, the more he suffered. Seeing so much death would take it's toll on anyone. Once he had fallen in love with a girl, but he never once told her this, for he knew that one day death would claim her, as well. When that day did come, he was there to take her on to whatever lies after death, though it broke his heart. Not once did he make any friends, or fall in love again, because he always knew that death would come for them, and he would live on for ages after they died of old age, and he knew he couldn't take that. But recently he has become lonely, and wishes he had someone that he could share his stories with, that he could confide in. And then he found Bielefeld, where there might be people like him. People who would live forever.

Why the character is in Bielefeld/Occupation: To settle down and make some friends, basically. And, if possible, to attempt to find a way to become human again, even if it means that he'll die.

URL to Apartment Picture: http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/ ... bc7660.jpg

Link to RP examples:
IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character: Will add later.

I personally think that this is a great app in terms of character development/bio. I believe that, if Terin is willing to tweak the app- for instance, getting rid of the horse or making it an ordinary mortal horse- so that it doesn't clash with Spike's established canon for Mortimer, then it should be considered. Of course, this is just my opinion, and I'm a relatively new player. (That being said, I'd suggest something along the lines of, "Deaths exist and have been around since the beginning of... Well, a really long time; a few Reapers, with similar but slightly weaker powers, exist as a punishment for attempting to mess with the natural course of things, to help the Deaths out, and (possibly) to add a bit of humanity to the job or as liaisons to/ spies on normal humanity, as unlike almost all Deaths they have emotion.")

Also, I'd like to point out that the time commitment of having n chars in one RP and that of having n chars scattered across multiple RPs don't seem like they would differ too much.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse