NATION

PASSWORD

History of Empires (OOC, Always Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:16 am

Oh, hello, Quirina. Are you planning on joining?

In other news (if thou couldst calleth it that), an IC post from me, as a present, is coming. :p
edit: shit shit sheet, I don't think it's coming. HW problems.
Last edited by Alleniana on Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quirina
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Quirina » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:30 am

Alleniana wrote:Oh, hello, Quirina. Are you planning on joining?

In other news (if thou couldst calleth it that), an IC post from me, as a present, is coming. :p

I might, just choosing a different nation I can indulge myself into. The option in the top of my head is central Spain (Iberian), or a Chinese warlord.
एक, सच, अजेय
The Great Federated Noble States

"Strength determines the fates of the world, and the same should be applied over oppressors." - Maharajah Purva Ashvath IV

Call me Quirina.

Rikatan
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Rikatan » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:34 am

Quirina wrote:
Alleniana wrote:Oh, hello, Quirina. Are you planning on joining?

I might, just choosing a different nation I can indulge myself into. The option in the top of my head is central Spain (Iberian), or a Chinese warlord.

Northern China is claimed, Spain is entirely claimed.

Quirina
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Quirina » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:40 am

Rikatan wrote:
Quirina wrote:I might, just choosing a different nation I can indulge myself into. The option in the top of my head is central Spain (Iberian), or a Chinese warlord.

Northern China is claimed, Spain is entirely claimed.

I was looking at the map, where central Spain is still unoccupied. Am I looking at an outdated map? Any links to the current one if I may?
एक, सच, अजेय

"Strength determines the fates of the world, and the same should be applied over oppressors." - Maharajah Purva Ashvath IV

Call me Quirina.

Luzvimindia
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Luzvimindia » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:43 am

Quirina wrote:
Rikatan wrote:Northern China is claimed, Spain is entirely claimed.

I was looking at the map, where central Spain is still unoccupied. Am I looking at an outdated map? Any links to the current one if I may?

Here's the latest. http://i.imgur.com/ZGmv1Yq.png
Republic of Luzvimindia

Non-nation related Roleplays
1500: Brave New World as The Colony of Nueva Aragón
History of Empires as The Kingdom of Medar

Rikatan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Rikatan » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:43 am

Quirina wrote:

My apologies, I haven't been able to update the OP recently.
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=284943&p=19462620#p19462620

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:10 am

Quirina wrote:

Dangers of Central Spain - Being situated next to a warlike culture who's currently protecting Iberia from eastern threats, and burning a warpath to cover the rest of Iberia and make a concrete border with Portugal/Lusitania.
How to be legitimately recognised in NS? Be a proper Roleplayer.
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

Quirina
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Quirina » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:20 am

Relikai wrote:
Quirina wrote:I was looking at the map, where central Spain is still unoccupied. Am I looking at an outdated map? Any links to the current one if I may?

Dangers of Central Spain - Being situated next to a warlike culture who's currently protecting Iberia from eastern threats, and burning a warpath to cover the rest of Iberia and make a concrete border with Portugal/Lusitania.

I entered this line of RP (but the former one) and started at the central Spain, and expanded till the world drops on its knees to bow me down ... meeh. I'll take the two last areas of central Spain. This is gonna be a challenge. I can't wait to be destroyed.
एक, सच, अजेय

Call me Quirina.

Rikatan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Rikatan » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:25 am

Quirina wrote:
Relikai wrote:

I entered this line of RP (but the former one) and started at the central Spain, and expanded till the world drops on its knees to bow me down ... meeh. I'll take the two last areas of central Spain. This is gonna be a challenge. I can't wait to be destroyed.

There is an NPC in the north that touches it. I think you can take that, too. :lol:
Last edited by Rikatan on Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quirina
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Greater Persian Empire

Postby Quirina » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:44 am

The Derafsh Houmayoun, Banner of the Amperatwra Bzrgu Parsa

Nation Name: Greater Persian Empire
Capital City: Persepolis (ceremonial), Shiraz (administrative)
Government Type: Constitutional monarchy
Head of State: Ardashir XII, Shah of Parsa and among others (42 Farmandaris), Shahanshah of the Greater Persian Empire, Eran Spahbod of the Imperial Persian Host
Other Offices:
  • House of Nobles (legislative)
  • House of Judges (judiciary)
  • Great Temple of Zarathria (philosophical)
  • Imperial Host (military)
    • Spah (army)
    • Amrtaka (Immortals)
    • Poshtiqban (royal guards)
    • Nav (navy)
Claimed Territory:
Imperial Persian territory as of AD 1540 (light cyan)
Imperial Allied Kingdom of Pahlaviana as client-state in AD 1578 (dark cyan)
Imperial Allied Kingdom of Nejd as client-state in AD 1576 (dark blue)
State/National Religion: Zarathrianism, with adherents called Zarathrians
Dominant Religion: Zarathrianism
Minority Religion(s): Babylonian polytheism, Judaism, Assyrian polytheism
Population: 9,230,000
Military Organization: Tributary Levies with few Professional Army
Military Size: 2,000 Farmandari (provincial) troops per province, 10,000 Armtakas in Capitol, 15,000 Poshtiqban
Fleet Size: 450 ships of all types and functions
National Flag: see above
Primary Culture: Persian
Accepted Cultures: Median, Parthian, Aryan, Carmanian, Gedrosian, Assyrian, Elamite, Sumerian, Aramaic, Babylonian, Arab
Primary Import(s): Timber, silver, iron
Primary Export(s): Wheat, poultry, salt, gold
Trade Policy: Trade goods imposed with tariffs
Civil Freedoms: Free speech, assembly, and labor

Brief Description of your nation's History:
The satrap (provincial governor) Cyrus of Sophene was elected as the ruler of the Farhavan kingdom, taking the nickname "The Benevolent", and crowned as Cyrus I. Unsatisfied, he ordered a referendum for his neighbors to recognize him as "king of kings", but was vehemently opposed. Wanting to seize power from his opponent heirs, he diplomatically maneuvered his envoys and messengers and employed a large-scale political conflict with the use of wit and subterfuge to make his enemies submit to his will without using bloodshed. After his coronation, the new challenge for him is the power of his new neighbors, while with him is the advantage of espionage and diplomacy in his hands.

Brief Description of your nation's economy:
The trade was extensive and there was an efficient infrastructure that facilitated the exchange of commodities in the far reaches of the empire. Tariffs on trade were one of the empire's main sources of revenue, along with agriculture and tribute. The satrapies were linked by a 2,500-kilometer highway, built on government's expense.

The relays of mounted couriers could reach the remotest of areas in fifteen days. Despite the relative local independence afforded by the satrapy system, royal inspectors, the "eyes and ears of the king", toured the empire and reported on local conditions.

The practice of slavery in was generally banned, although there is evidence that conquered and/or rebellious armies were sold into captivity. Zoroastrianism, the de facto religion of the empire, explicitly forbids slavery, and the kings, especially the founder Cyrus the Benevolent, followed this ban to varying degrees, as evidenced by the freeing of slaves given from Babylon, and the development of Persepolis by paid workers.

The economy was revolutionized by placing it on a silver and gold coinage and introducing a regulated and sustainable tax system that was precisely tailored to each satrapy, based on their supposed productivity and their economic potential.

Brief Description of your nation's government:
The government allowed a certain amount of regional autonomy in the form of the satrapy system. A satrapy was an administrative unit, usually organized on a geographical basis. In a satrapy, there is a 'satrap' (governor), who is the vassal king and administers the region/province, a 'general' supervised military recruitment and ensured order, and a 'state secretary' who kept the official records. The general and the state secretary reported directly to the satrap as well as to the central government. the central government is composed of the Royal family, the ruler's dynasty, and the satraps who rule in the king's behalf.

Executive: (Title) [Name] King of Kings, by the grace of the Almighty Universal Creator Ahura Zara, Emperor of the Greater Parsanid Empire, King of Persis, Pahlaviana, Nejd, Media, Carmania, Gedrosia, Mesopotamia, Arachosia, and among others.

The king/queen is elected by both the nobles and the people, but the majority of votes will come from the judges/lawyers, who are deemed to think right at all times and assure a rightful choice. His/her dynasty or political family is also elected along with him/her if the incumbent dynasty cannot bear a living heir for the throne. The king/queen can be deposed only through forced or volunteered abdication of himself/herself as monarch and can create a new government of his/her own, or when the judges ordered so through the wishes of the people.
Legislative: House of Nobles - composed of lawmakers appointed by the head of state from several satraps, with three people, one aristocrat and two commoners, appointed from each satrap. They are the ones who will hear the people's concern from their satrap and will bring it directly to the House of Nobles for resolution, to be approved by the Emperor directly.
Judiciary: House of Judges - composed of selected judges and lawyers from all parts of the nation. They are selected by the people according to their intellectual taste. Each satrap has three judges to hear trials, hasten justice, establish order by heading the local civilian police, and punish criminals via satrapi's approval. If the executive and/or legislative branches went into trouble of succession or function, the House of Judges will assume itself as a temporary national government until all is settled.

Brief Description of your nation's populace:
The people live in a simplistic, minimalist lifestyle where they are practical in their deeds and most of the time, are honest people, except for some few in the higher caste. They love to celebrate and even invite their guests with them to drink large quantities of wine and eat dessert, which others don't usually do, often associate wine in their daily activities, and were instructed in their youth of three things: to ride a horse, to draw a bow, and to be honest at all times.

Additional Information:
Calendar Implemented:
Zarathrian Calendar - spans with the total of 365 days a year, 30 days a month. A day is reckoned to begin at dawn, as attested by Chapter 25 of the 9th-century work, the Bundahishn; morning hours before dawn are assigned to the previous calendar day. Each day is divided into five watches:
  • Hawan (sunrise to noon)
  • Rapithwin or Second Hawan (noon to 3 p.m.)
  • Uzerin (3 p.m. to sunset)
  • Aiwisruthrem (sunset to midnight)
  • Ushahin (midnight to sunrise)
Day names were dedicated to the principal spirits, but most especially, to Ahura Zara every first of the set of seven days in within the four-week month. The sequences follows as suit:
1. Dadvah Ahura Zarā, 2. Vohu Manah, 3. Aša Vahišta, 4. Khšathra Vairya, 5. Spenta Ārmaiti, 6. Haurvatāt, 7. Ameretāt
8. Dadvah Ahura Zarā, 9. Ātar, 10. Āpō, 11. Hvar, 12. Māh, 13. Tištrya, 14. Geuš Urvan
15. Dadvah Ahura Zarā, 16. Mithra, 17. Sraoša, 18. Rašnu, 19. Fravašayō, 20. Verethragna, 21. Rāman, 22. Vāta
23. Dadvah Ahura Zarā, 24. Daēna, 25. Aši, 26. Arštāt, 27. Asmān, 28. Zam, 29. Manthra Spenta, 30. Anaghra Raočā.

The 1st, 8th, 15th, and 23rd days were dedicated to Ahura Zarā as the one and only Creator and God of the Universe. The 2nd to 7th days of the first week is dedicated to the six 'divine sparks' through whom all subsequent creation was accomplished, the Divine Archangels.
The 9th through 13th days are dedications to five yazatas of the litanies (Niyayeshes): Fire (Atar), Water (Apo), Sun (Hvar), Moon (Mah), the star Sirius (Tištrya) that here perhaps represents the firmament in its entirety. The 14th is dedicated to the soul of the Ox (Geush Urvan), linked with and representing all animal creation.
The 16th, leading the second half of the days of the month, is dedicated to the divinity of oath, Mithra (like Apam Napat of the Ahuric triad). He is followed by those closest to him, Sraoša and Rašnu, likewise judges of the soul; the representatives of which, the Fravashi(s), come next. Verethragna, Rāman, Vāta are respectively the hypostases of victory, the breath of life, and the (other) divinity of the wind and 'space'.
The last week represent the more 'abstract' emanations: Religion (Daena), Recompense (Ashi), and Justice (Arshtat); Sky (Asman) and Earth (Zam); Sacred Invocation (Manthra Spenta) and Endless Light (Anaghra Raocha).
At the end of the year, a five-day period called the "Gathas days" was appended as transitional period before the end of a year:
1. Ahunavad
2. Ushtavad
3. Spentomad
4. Vohukhshathra
5. Vahishtoist
The New Year's Day is the "Ohrmazd Day" of Frawardin.

Twelve divinities to whom days of the month are dedicated also have months dedicated to them. The month dedicated to Ahura Zara is a special case – that month is named after Mazda's stock epithet, "Creator" (Zarathrian Middle Parsanid "Dae"), rather than after His proper name.
The month-names, in the ordinal sequence used, are:
1. Frawardin
2. Ardwahisht
3. Khordad
4. Tir
5. Amurdad
6. Shahrewar
7. Mihr
8. Aban
9. Adur
10. Dae
11. Wahman
12. Spendarmad

The calendar starts its year during the foundation of the Farhavan empire (former name of the Parsanid empire) since the time of Cyrus I of Sophene in 625 BCE, when the Emperor issued the religion as the first state religion of the Empire. Therefore, the Zarathrian calendar year equivalent of 650 BCE is Year 1. The exact date of the establishment of the Farhavan empire in the Zarathrian calender is "Ameretat of Khordad, 1st Year".

Primary Historical Sources:

RP Example: History of Man's Castile > Spain > Spanish Empire > Spanish Republic
429 - Do not remove. This is for tracking purposes.
Last edited by Quirina on Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:08 am, edited 31 times in total.
एक, सच, अजेय

Call me Quirina.

Lithuanian Empire
Minister

Founded: May 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lithuanian Empire » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:58 am

Quirina wrote:Nation Name: Cantabria
Capital City:
Government Type:
Head of State:
Claimed Territory: North NPC and central Spain
State/National Religion: Polytheism
Dominant Religion: Polytheism
Minority Religion(s): N/A
Population: 500,000
Military Organization: Army
Military Size: 10,000
Fleet Size: N/A
National Flag: Brown field with the sketch of a bull's head
Primary Culture: (Primary culture/linguistic group) Iberian
Accepted Cultures: Any
Primary Import(s): Iron, minerals
Primary Export(s): Wheat, fish, fur
Trade Policy: Free trade
Civil Freedoms: Relatively free

Brief Description of your nation's History: Just a group of Cantabrians who separated from the tribes at their east for their unruly policies
Brief Description of your nation's economy: Trade has been the forerunner of the economy of Cantabria, and much of the production was beheld by certain landlords and landowners of the elderly council
Brief Description of your nation's government: The tribe is ruled by a council of elders slowly embracing aristocracy
Brief Description of your nation's populace: The Cantabrians love riding and used to play swordfights.

RP Example: Part of HoM as Castile ~ Spain ~ Spanish Empire

you've got some guts, kid. You gotta be tough if you want to challenge Silverii in their Spanish hegemony.

And by the way, I am not Silverii. I am Baltica.
Hannibal Lecter's Inspiration of the AXIS PACT!
I am the real Lith. Isle of Lithonia is a fake!

-stripped-
Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 0.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.97
Lithuanian Empire wrote:I never watch Eurovision - it's a waste of possible time on NS.
Yes, I prefer NS rather than Eurovision.

Lithuanian Empire wrote:
United Great Britian wrote:-really lame app-

If I was the OP, I would reject this immediately.
However, Allen doesn't like my harsh/just technique, so there's hope.

Rikatan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Rikatan » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:59 am

Fill the first four entires in, you missed them.
Other than that, it is fine.

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:01 am

Lithuanian Empire wrote:
Quirina wrote:Nation Name: Cantabria
Capital City:
Government Type:
Head of State:
Claimed Territory: North NPC and central Spain
State/National Religion: Polytheism
Dominant Religion: Polytheism
Minority Religion(s): N/A
Population: 500,000
Military Organization: Army
Military Size: 10,000
Fleet Size: N/A
National Flag: Brown field with the sketch of a bull's head
Primary Culture: (Primary culture/linguistic group) Iberian
Accepted Cultures: Any
Primary Import(s): Iron, minerals
Primary Export(s): Wheat, fish, fur
Trade Policy: Free trade
Civil Freedoms: Relatively free

Brief Description of your nation's History: Just a group of Cantabrians who separated from the tribes at their east for their unruly policies
Brief Description of your nation's economy: Trade has been the forerunner of the economy of Cantabria, and much of the production was beheld by certain landlords and landowners of the elderly council
Brief Description of your nation's government: The tribe is ruled by a council of elders slowly embracing aristocracy
Brief Description of your nation's populace: The Cantabrians love riding and used to play swordfights.

RP Example: Part of HoM as Castile ~ Spain ~ Spanish Empire

you've got some guts, kid. You gotta be tough if you want to challenge Silverii in their Spanish hegemony.

And by the way, I am not Silverii. I am Baltica.

I'd respect that, and this is a good RP line, having Silverii's vassal break off for independence, and seeing how my country would respond in IC... Only that its gonna be very very very very... painful...
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

Quirina
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Quirina » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:04 am

Oh, Baltica? I suggest you change name tho I might mistake you from the peeps in the Baltic. Also, you just earned yourself a medal for "Best in Warmongering" award. We will see.
एक, सच, अजेय

Call me Quirina.

Rikatan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Rikatan » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:05 am

Quirina wrote:Oh, Baltica? I suggest you change name tho I might mistake you from the peeps in the Baltic. Also, you just earned yourself a medal for "Best in Warmongering" award. We will see.

He is in the Baltic. :p

Lithuanian Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Lithuanian Empire » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:06 am

Quirina wrote:Oh, Baltica? I suggest you change name tho I might mistake you from the peeps in the Baltic. Also, you just earned yourself a medal for "Best in Warmongering" award. We will see.

I AM the Baltic!

And thanks for the award! I guess being a Paradox gamer pays off sometimes.

-stripped-
Political Compass:
Lithuanian Empire wrote:I never watch Eurovision - it's a waste of possible time on NS.

Lithuanian Empire wrote:

Lithuanian Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Lithuanian Empire » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:08 am

Also, I said I will spew out a post, and I did.

Baltica has entered the Iron Age!

-stripped-
Political Compass:

Lithuanian Empire wrote:

Quirina
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Quirina » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:09 am

Rikatan wrote:

He is in the Baltic. :p

Oh, is Relikai in Spain, right? Kinds confused since he replied to me, like I thought he was in Spain as well, the pink or the brown one.

Lithuanian Empire wrote:

I AM the Baltic!

Never underestimate a Paradox+Total War gamer like me :P
एक, सच, अजेय

Call me Quirina.

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:09 am

Lithuanian Empire wrote:

I AM the Baltic!

Warmonger
+5 to yearly Military Tradition
+3 to Ruler Military
+5 to Discipline

Rikatan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Rikatan » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:10 am

Quirina wrote:
Rikatan wrote:He is in the Baltic. :p

Oh, is Relikai in Spain, right? Kinds confused since he replied to me, like I thought he was in Spain as well, the pink or the brown one.

We all respond.
Relikai of the Silverii is in Eastern Spain. Adurnak of the Lusitani is in Portugal.

Lithuanian Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Lithuanian Empire » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:11 am

Relikai wrote:
Lithuanian Empire wrote:I AM the Baltic!

Warmonger
+3 to Ruler Military
+5 to Discipline

F*** YEA!

This event would certainly make me go WC on everyone, if not the claim limit.

-stripped-
Political Compass:

Lithuanian Empire wrote:

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:11 am

Quirina wrote:
Rikatan wrote:He is in the Baltic. :p

Never underestimate a Paradox+Total War gamer like me :P

Hi-5 doods, R:TW+M2TW+E:TW+CK2+EU3/4+HOI+M&B whooha!!

New Vaxon
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Vaxon » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:12 am

Relikai wrote:

Warmonger
+3 to Ruler Military
+5 to Discipline

What do Tribians get for surviving in the ice-cold hellhole of almost-Siberia?

Rikatan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Rikatan » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:13 am

Lithuanian Empire wrote:
Relikai wrote:
Warmonger
+3 to Ruler Military
+5 to Discipline

F*** YEA!

This event would certainly make me go WC on everyone, if not the claim limit.

o rly?
where i live
wc = toilet :p

Quirina
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Quirina » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:19 am

Hey Horus, am I good to go in the IC?
एक, सच, अजेय

Call me Quirina.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse