NATION

PASSWORD

The Last of us RP: OOC (Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Pinki3 Pon-3
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pinki3 Pon-3 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:53 am

Saestea wrote:I have no knowledge about tablets and stuff anyway. I am limited to laptops, desktop computers, and paper. XD

Likewise ^-^
Join The City of Steam Mk. II
And don't forget Hearthwood
OOOH!!! And please join Of knights and time . . . There's time travel. You know you want it.

Saestea
Senator

Founded: Dec 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Saestea » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:57 am

This fox is living in the '90s. Old, old, old...
~Leaving NS as Saestea~

Pinki3 Pon-3
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pinki3 Pon-3 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:02 am

Saestea wrote:This fox is living in the '90s. Old, old, old...

To be perfectly honest I'd prefer to live in the 1800's. I know hygiene and that wasn't all it could be but *shrug* meh, I'd trade that for the industrial revolution any day. As for modern times . . . I think nows a pretty good time.
OOOH!!! And please join Of knights and time . . . There's time travel. You know you want it.

Saestea
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saestea » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:04 am

Pinki3 Pon-3 wrote:

To be perfectly honest I'd prefer to live in the 1800's. I know hygiene and that wasn't all it could be but *shrug* meh, I'd trade that for the industrial revolution any day. As for modern times . . . I think nows a pretty good time.

Hmm. Yeah. Only the current time makes me feel like an old person. I didn't even know what dubstep was until a few days ago. XD
~Leaving NS as Saestea~

Ameige
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:09 am

I have a ventriloquy app on my tablet. Its super fun to use with the neighborhood animals that people let just roam around. So I know they exist. And as for the power thing, I guess there could be some wear and tear over the years to the powerplants, Im not fully sure how power plants work but if they weren't near the brunt of any of the incidences I'd say 30-50 years, solar plants at least should still be fine. The panels are meant to last unless you cut corners with them. Not sure how long hydro dams are meant to last by them selves but Im sure a few turbines could still be running at least. And yeah I suppose I could charge it to a car battery as well. Im basicly just winging it here on ideas. I have too many things and I figure if I shorten most of the electronic stuff to count as apps on the tablet it should be able to shorten it considerably.

Pinki3 Pon-3
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pinki3 Pon-3 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:26 am

Ameige wrote:I have a ventriloquy app on my tablet. Its super fun to use with the neighborhood animals that people let just roam around. So I know they exist. And as for the power thing, I guess there could be some wear and tear over the years to the powerplants, Im not fully sure how power plants work but if they weren't near the brunt of any of the incidences I'd say 30-50 years, solar plants at least should still be fine. The panels are meant to last unless you cut corners with them. Not sure how long hydro dams are meant to last by them selves but Im sure a few turbines could still be running at least. And yeah I suppose I could charge it to a car battery as well. Im basicly just winging it here on ideas. I have too many things and I figure if I shorten most of the electronic stuff to count as apps on the tablet it should be able to shorten it considerably.

I've done a lot of science projects on power plants so I know a bit about it. For solar you get two kinds, panel farms, which are exceedingly rare because of how inefficient they are. They use photolytic cells to generate electricity from sunlight but lose 80% of the energy to heat and reflection. Focus point stations use an array of shiny mirrors that focus all the sunlight in an area onto a single spot which heats a chemical (Flouride something or other) and then boils water with it. There might be a few wind farms operating as well. Hydroelectric dams have very few problems but the biggest is their proximity to water which doesn't mix well with electricity and then the maintenance of the damn wall. But you'll be able to charge it with a battery probably, that way you can keep moving.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:39 am

Hm, I thought your app mentioned that Cayden was a teenager, Saestea
Times are looking grim these days~

Ameige
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:43 am

Pinki3 Pon-3 wrote:
Ameige wrote:I have a ventriloquy app on my tablet. Its super fun to use with the neighborhood animals that people let just roam around. So I know they exist. And as for the power thing, I guess there could be some wear and tear over the years to the powerplants, Im not fully sure how power plants work but if they weren't near the brunt of any of the incidences I'd say 30-50 years, solar plants at least should still be fine. The panels are meant to last unless you cut corners with them. Not sure how long hydro dams are meant to last by them selves but Im sure a few turbines could still be running at least. And yeah I suppose I could charge it to a car battery as well. Im basicly just winging it here on ideas. I have too many things and I figure if I shorten most of the electronic stuff to count as apps on the tablet it should be able to shorten it considerably.

I've done a lot of science projects on power plants so I know a bit about it. For solar you get two kinds, panel farms, which are exceedingly rare because of how inefficient they are. They use photolytic cells to generate electricity from sunlight but lose 80% of the energy to heat and reflection. Focus point stations use an array of shiny mirrors that focus all the sunlight in an area onto a single spot which heats a chemical (Flouride something or other) and then boils water with it. There might be a few wind farms operating as well. Hydroelectric dams have very few problems but the biggest is their proximity to water which doesn't mix well with electricity and then the maintenance of the damn wall. But you'll be able to charge it with a battery probably, that way you can keep moving.

Didn't think about wind farms but yeah, my character will be in the areas near hoover dam so lots of sunlight almost every day. So a solar charger on my tablet along with being able to charge it via batteries would both be good. and plug in if I find a place powered by what I mentioned, still running. I haven't fully thought it all through yet.

Saestea
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saestea » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:53 am

Terintania wrote:Hm, I thought your app mentioned that Cayden was a teenager, Saestea

I changed that in the IC later since I noticed that all of my characters in most RPs are fricken' minors.
~Leaving NS as Saestea~

Ameige
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:19 am

How realistic are we going for? I know I already asked but I just noticed I put in a silly idea of a alcohol flask that only seems to lessen when coming near a new alcohol source, which, given the situation, Im sure theres a good idea of untouched sources out there since every one probably ran when their neighbors started getting infected. So Im not sure how realistic we want to be here.
Also, can a deluxe survival kit be something instead of having to separately name a bunch of things that might be in such a kit?
Last edited by Ameige on Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:04 pm

Pinki3 Pon-3 wrote:
Corrian wrote:Oh yeah, on the subject a while back about what time of year it should be, I think Vonver mentioned it was May at one point, but it was never really officially stated and for some reason I see it as more being like, October and moving towards November.

Cool, shall we peg today in the IC as the 13 of October? Just because. Then Woodrow's birthday'll be on the 27th.

That sounds good to me if everyone else is okay with it.

My PC is from 2004 and until recently, my monitor was like a huge one from the 90's :P I don't even own a cellphone.

Then I upgraded to a flat screen from 2004 from Goodwill for $15, and then recently my dad just got one from work that's even newer, 22" for $5. Kinda nice.

Solar charger and charging with car batteries sounds like a good way to go with it. I've decided I want solar chargers on everything :P

I actually found something recently when I was looking up solar things that was a solar KEYBOARD. I so want one now. Not that I generally have much use in a wireless keyboard, but still. And it's supposed to be highly efficient. As in, someone said they had it being used in a dark room for 2 months before they just had to put it in the window for a little while and it was charged again. And when it WASN'T in a dark room, it always had like an 80% charge. So in other words, you don't ever have to worry about swapping batteries again (Unless the solar powered batteries die, of course). I love little advancements in solar technologies like this for every day use.

Pinki3 Pon-3 wrote:I've done a lot of science projects on power plants so I know a bit about it. For solar you get two kinds, panel farms, which are exceedingly rare because of how inefficient they are. They use photolytic cells to generate electricity from sunlight but lose 80% of the energy to heat and reflection. Focus point stations use an array of shiny mirrors that focus all the sunlight in an area onto a single spot which heats a chemical (Flouride something or other) and then boils water with it. There might be a few wind farms operating as well. Hydroelectric dams have very few problems but the biggest is their proximity to water which doesn't mix well with electricity and then the maintenance of the damn wall. But you'll be able to charge it with a battery probably, that way you can keep moving.

Solar has gotten 80% cheaper in the last 4 years alone. It's great. I read something that said in the last 18 months, more solar powers have been installed on houses than in the previous 30 years. It's actually becoming affordable for people to just use solar panels as their own personal systems. Hell, if my family had money we'd totally work towards going off the grid power-wise and selling the extra energy we get back to the grid. So many people are doing so now and it's great. It's lovely to get to the point where we don't have to rely on big power plants. And Solar City is supposed to be great in regard to it (It's owned by Elon Musk, the owner of Tesla, of course it's great. I want a Tesla and I'd love to have my solar panels installed by Solar City...)

I still have no idea if they're very efficient when it comes to a whole power plant full of panels, though. The mirror thing definitely seems like a better alternative in that regard.

Ameige wrote:How realistic are we going for? I know I already asked but I just noticed I put in a silly idea of a alcohol flask that only seems to lessen when coming near a new alcohol source, which, given the situation, Im sure theres a good idea of untouched sources out there since every one probably ran when their neighbors started getting infected. So Im not sure how realistic we want to be here.
Also, can a deluxe survival kit be something instead of having to separately name a bunch of things that might be in such a kit?

I would like to be as realistic as possible, but obviously it doesn't need to be totally realistic. It's an RP about an infection taking over humanity after all, though it is based off a real fungus that entirely takes over insects.

Edit: Oh, and that works.
Last edited by Corrian on Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:09 pm

Did Cayden shoot himself?
My Last.FM and RYM

La Cancion de Guerra
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby La Cancion de Guerra » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:22 pm

With no OP (since it says ex nation) should I still sign up or...?
I've heard a lot on these interwebs, but I'm the manager if there's any questions #BanBossy
Just call me Tay if Cancion or Guerra don't fit ya.

Red Croatia wrote:I think that Tay would be great in bed.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:With no disrespect intended... god damn.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:32 pm

La Cancion de Guerra wrote:With no OP (since it says ex nation) should I still sign up or...?

I am kinda OP (Who sucks at making a new OOC), so you can sign up if you like.
My Last.FM and RYM

La Cancion de Guerra
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby La Cancion de Guerra » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:23 pm

APP:

Nation Name: La Cancion

Single Person or Group: Single Person

Name: Kyra Zoltec

Equipment:
Backpack|Combat Knife|Water Canteen|Gause|Anasazi flute|Carved Tomahawk (Father's)|Pill bottle (Aspirin)|Old leather belt|Throwing darts

Person Location: Originally in Northern Nevada, Near Idaho

Brief Summary: Kyra was living with her estranged boyfriend, in the area known as Owhyee. Their plan was to hightail it out of Nevada and into the Southwest section of Idaho to a nearby airport where hopefully there would be refuge. Over time their plan seemed less and less plausible and found themselves stuck together and most likely going to die. With little hope left and her boyfriend growing sick as days went by, they were on what seemed to be a never ending journey towards any settlement they could find. Desperate for a life of stability, Kyra took it upon herself to find a group of some kind before either of them ended up dead.

RP Example:

Technology Summary: Very low level of tech. Everything was hand made some time ago as far as weaponry, her combat knife is probably the most high tech possession left.
I've heard a lot on these interwebs, but I'm the manager if there's any questions #BanBossy
Just call me Tay if Cancion or Guerra don't fit ya.

Red Croatia wrote:I think that Tay would be great in bed.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:With no disrespect intended... god damn.

Ameige
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:04 pm

Well at least now theres a reason for my character to actually do something. Im guessing hoover dam would probably still work since its not even a century later but probably only like 2 or 3 turbines still going so basicly running at like 40% at best. So possible to get to a powered house but at the same time like finding a needle in a hay stack out here unless the town is close to the dam. So the best bet would probably be just to find supplies to repair a tarnished solar plant and get things in this area back up and running.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:11 pm

Ameige wrote:Well at least now theres a reason for my character to actually do something. Im guessing hoover dam would probably still work since its not even a century later but probably only like 2 or 3 turbines still going so basicly running at like 40% at best. So possible to get to a powered house but at the same time like finding a needle in a hay stack out here unless the town is close to the dam. So the best bet would probably be just to find supplies to repair a tarnished solar plant and get things in this area back up and running.

Oh yeah, I was going to suggest that you could have his tablet thing be somewhat faulty since it's really old, just to make it maybe not overly reliable and frustrating at times. Sure, the Internet might not work, but various apps probably can. But it could probably be fun to have it faulty :P

Just a thought.

La Cancion de Guerra wrote:APP:

Nation Name: La Cancion

Single Person or Group: Single Person

Name: Kyra Zoltec

Equipment:
Backpack|Combat Knife|Water Canteen|Gause|Anasazi flute|Carved Tomahawk (Father's)|Pill bottle (Aspirin)|Old leather belt|Throwing darts

Person Location: Originally in Northern Nevada, Near Idaho

Brief Summary: Kyra was living with her estranged boyfriend, in the area known as Owhyee. Their plan was to hightail it out of Nevada and into the Southwest section of Idaho to a nearby airport where hopefully there would be refuge. Over time their plan seemed less and less plausible and found themselves stuck together and most likely going to die. With little hope left and her boyfriend growing sick as days went by, they were on what seemed to be a never ending journey towards any settlement they could find. Desperate for a life of stability, Kyra took it upon herself to find a group of some kind before either of them ended up dead.

RP Example:

Technology Summary: Very low level of tech. Everything was hand made some time ago as far as weaponry, her combat knife is probably the most high tech possession left.

Just so you know, you can make a link directly to your post.

But accepted.

You and Ameige might want to join after the soon to be time skip, though. I don't want you to start something and then have us time skip right as you start it.
My Last.FM and RYM

Ameige
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:25 pm

Now umm I know bullet proof umbrellas don't actually exist but bullet proof materials like Kevlar and umm other cloth have become surprisingly lightweight and easily carriable lately so I think its acceptable as a realistic possibility. What do you guys think? Oh and corrian, Its a girl thank you very much.
Last edited by Ameige on Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saestea
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saestea » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:32 pm

Corrian wrote:Did Cayden shoot himself?

=.= *assumes old redneck's voice*
Y'all are gonna have to find out yerselves!
~Leaving NS as Saestea~

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:35 pm

Ameige wrote:Now umm I know bullet proof umbrellas don't actually exist but bullet proof materials like Kevlar and umm other cloth have become surprisingly lightweight and easily carriable lately so I think its acceptable as a realistic possibility. What do you guys think?

An umbrella seems like a weird thing to carry around of all things when other supplies are more important, but okay, you can have that :P

Oh and corrian, Its a girl thank you very much.

You haven't posted an app yet. How am I supposed to know?

I should have used "They", though. That's what I usually use until I know otherwise.
My Last.FM and RYM

Ameige
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:05 pm

APP:

Nation Name:Ameige

Single Person or Group:single person

Single Person Name or Group Name: Colline moriarty

Single Person Equipment:weatherproof bullet proof umbrella, Ipod, portable radio.
Plus both close up and gun designed tazers, camping equipment/gear, deluxe surivial kit,
large hikers/campers backpack with many more pockets than would be expected; including a holster on the side with a large water bottle in it meant to withstand this kind of enviroment,
alcohol flask that rarely empties unless coming near a refilling source, mace, cattle prod. As well as a
self updating tablet with all sorts of aps and fancy digital gadgetry built in including a history preservation app,
ventriloquy app & security/alarm system app amongst other things.
A spritzer fan (handheld fan that sprays tiny spurts of water) & high-tech binoculars as well.
Also a portable electronic device that looks like a slightly larger than average sized smartphone/pda hybrid but is just for aps like calculator, calander, charts and graph stuff, gps, pda stuff, languge translator, metal detector meant to pick up anything buried in the ground;metal or otherwise,
ascertianing currency amounts or what something is worth ect... and has a scanner/printer combo built into it.
And lastly, a tarnished and scratched long lasting (doesnt run out of fuel as easily/quickly) silver lighter with a once sparkly gold full metal alchemist symbol imprinted onto it, now dulled with age but still occasionally sparkly in the right light.

Group Ideaology:surivial & preservation of history

Group/Person Location: somewhere near the hoover dam

Breif Summary on Group/Person:Came to America during a summer vacation with her family when she was very young, from Ireland. She assumes she was the only one of her family to survive the incident and thus has not tried to find her two siblings that fled in a panick during the first days. Her parents turned.
She has been wandering ever since, without much of a purpose other than staying alive and doing what little she can to perserve the memory of the world before it all went to hell.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-b48iBaK9t90/T ... 68c6_o.jpg <<this but in morrowind style windbraids
She looks no older than her 30s and will claim so if asked even though she is more around her early 50s.

RP Example:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=285761
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=281634&start=75 <<about halfway down the page

Technology Summary:modern

Saestea
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saestea » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:12 pm

Fine with me. ^.^

Wow. Really want her to be comfortable don't ye? XD
While our characters are going through so much.
~Leaving NS as Saestea~

Ameige
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ameige » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:17 pm

Saestea wrote:Fine with me. ^.^

Well think about it, she came here during a vacation. Smart people usually bring a good deal of stuff from home so they don't have to waste $10000 on stuff there. Maybe they were planning a camping trip, maybe backpacking across the country.. who knows..

Saestea
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saestea » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:27 pm

Ameige wrote:
Saestea wrote:Fine with me. ^.^

Well think about it, she came here during a vacation. Smart people usually bring a good deal of stuff from home so they don't have to waste $10000 on stuff there. Maybe they were planning a camping trip, maybe backpacking across the country.. who knows..

Yeap. I see.
Aden was born here, so.. He's uhm. Yeah.
~Leaving NS as Saestea~

Saestea
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saestea » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:45 pm

Just noticed, The Last Of Us universe is the easiest to live in among other zombie infection worlds so far.
~Leaving NS as Saestea~

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse