NATION

PASSWORD

Breaking The 4th Wall: Future Class [OOC] {Open-Sign Ups}

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The United Empire of Exucular
Senator

Founded: May 28, 2013
Anarchy

Postby The United Empire of Exucular » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:03 pm

The Abel Imaginarium wrote:
The United Empire of Exucular wrote:Fair point. I understand your reasoning. How about I just completely throw out Mental Manipulation?

That would be much better. But Organic Manipulation too has to be restricted or specified enough. There are a whole bunch of other applications under that one as well

Perhaps I start out as knowing how to use only a few applications. Healing Factor and healing others. Over the course of the RP and Cosmos's time at the Academy he can slowly unlock his true potential?
CSS ALLIANCE MEMBER

Head of The Grand Inquisition of the Church of Google
The Where's Waldo of the Region of Atlas
General of Ugandan Outer Space
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Sig.
Click for War History!
#IStandWithAtlas #UniteAtlasDiaspora

Calces millia
Diplomat

Founded: May 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Calces millia » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:05 pm

ApertureScienceInc wrote:
Calces millia wrote:
Or the rise of giant machine octopus wielding laser gun, machine gun, rocket missile, and the jaw of lazersharktopusnado that dreaming about world domination

That makes no sense, but its awesome! And you forgot to say dibs.

Well, let's dibs it all now! I forgot to say it earlier.
"Let me get this straight, you think surrendering, and offering yourself will stop the war? How arrogant. The life of each human is worth one, that’s it. Nothing more, nothing less."
- FMA: Brotherhood

Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books.
Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.
Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations."

Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neros » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:13 pm

The Abel Imaginarium wrote:Oh and another thing.

Yin and Akiesha are not twins. Its Abel and Akiesha.

I'll place up their apps in a moment. In the meantime to whoever who hasn't posted in the IC yet please do. I need a couple of more teachers and students before I can proceed

I sent you a telegram regarding Oz as a teacher. I don't think it'll be too much of a stretch, plus, it may add to the unwillingness for people to believe that the chill yoga instructor is one of the worst villains in history. I'll enter nonetheless.
Last edited by Neros on Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Abel Imaginarium
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Abel Imaginarium » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:31 pm

We're going to need teachers for Time Travelling and I.T/Hacking.

Or else I'll have to prolong those two classes and let the rest start first

Nocturn
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nocturn » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:34 pm

The Abel Imaginarium wrote:We're going to need teachers for Time Travelling and I.T/Hacking.

The Director could also teach Time Travelling, or switch to Time Travelling.

ApertureScienceInc
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby ApertureScienceInc » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:40 pm

The Abel Imaginarium wrote:We're going to need teachers for Time Travelling and I.T/Hacking.

If it weren't for the restriction to ATA members only I could have had Ima LeeZaarde teach Time Travel or NATE be a hologram teacher for Hacking.
Pioneer of the Terminal-style Factbook!

Neros
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Neros » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:42 pm

How do we have so many cybernetic characters yet no Hacking instructor? A bloody outrage!

Raktio
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Raktio » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:55 pm

Name:  Gunnralf son of Orvar
Alias:
Species: Human
Planet/Dimension of Origin: 'Alternative' (for to him this version is an alternate) earth where Christianity didn't succeed (in fact Hell isn't part of his vocabulary, he will think you are talking about the goddess of death Hel)
Age  14
Side: Hero
Camp Alma or House X?:Camp Alma
Electives: Art of War, Magic, Innovative Science, Time Traveling, Hacking.
Normal Appearance: Short blonde hair (which is much more common in his time-space continuum) with very dark blue eyes. He is about five foot seven and lean with tight whip cord muscles. basically this but much younger
In Costume: I might change my mind if I get a good idea.
Abilities/Skills: Technomancy, Thermokinesis, Minor personal time manipulation (he can manipulate to a degree of how fast he can go through time), Limited Interdimensional space Manipulation, Energy Shield Creation.
Weaknesses: He has to contain any sort of Space manipulation within an energy field, otherwise all sorts of bad things can happen including causing spatial tears temporally (very bad things can happen than). He can teleport in the same dimension fairly easily, and with only a small amount of fatigue. However traveling across dimensions cause much more fatigue, but if he only does it every six to eight hours with a couple of hours rest at least he'll be fine. However doing it in rapid succession will knock him out on the second attempt.
When he changes the rate which he travels though time, this causes a slight mental strain. However the faster or slower he goes the more strain he will get, and he can't maintain his abnormal speeds while not conscious. His thermokinesis will only work for warming things up, and the energy shields can be quickly exhausting when under constant assault, however constant use will make them easier to manage & less exhausting.
Naturally his magic is cancelled out by Obsidian, and his energy shields are disrupted by Zetium.
Personality He will automatically dislike/hate anybody who tries to convert him to their religion. Due to the big difference between his parallel and our parallel dimension, he is curious about many things and often explaining things of his own making casual conversations easy. He enjoys doing practical jokes particularly screwing around with electronics (however he probably will never mess around with KARA) and the iTablets make perfect targets. He is genuinely friendly, however can be somewhat paranoid due to the constant wars with the jötnar (giants).
Short Bio: Born to Orvar son of Alfer, and Idunn daughter of Hallvardr in the upper region of Vinland (North America/Canada)near the borders of the jötnar controlled area, where his extended family clashed with them on a weekly basis. Growing up in this environment he had a pretty harsh time just trying to survive. He already knew about his Thermokinesis since that was a family legacy from both sides, however he didn't find out about his other ones until incidents caused them to activate. When he was seven he ended up accelerating his speed through time while trying to avoid a pair of jötnar giving him the extra speed and reaction time to survive, however he was completely out of it for nearly two days and eight hours. He next discovered his space-time manipulation when he used it to teleport himself and a friend to safety after getting cornered by a jötnar patrol, the effects were devastating to both ends of the teleportation, this had happened a year and three months after the previous incident. A bit of experimenting with teleporting even going to Alfheim, he discovered how to create energy shields and that he could go over to other dimensions. After several years of tying around with his powers learning how they worked and the constraints with them his last came not until puberty. He was about twelve when it came, at first he could see lines of energy, however his ability rapidly evolved to it's full potential. A week after he had fully developed his technomancy, his father suggested going to a inter-dimensional schooling place for people like him, where he could learn to use his abilities to their full potential. After a bit of looking around and nearly a whole year later found a dimension which knew of the Academy and pointed him in that direction, now he is just starting there, after having spent nearly thre weeks on earth getting used to some of it's things, like the insanely hot weather (he could walk out and about in the arctic circle in a medium coat and jeens over thermal underwear and be perfectly comfortable).
Theme song: (Optional)
Any Additional Info?: Using a Bluetooth look alike enhanced with magic he is able to understand anybody, and when he speaks you hear his voice overlapped with an English version, however he is learning English fairly rapidly along with a few other languages. His version of earth is much colder due to the jötnar occupation, also on a side note, blonde hair and blue eyes are a lot more common world wide in his alternate (I'll try tk get a rough outline of the alt history written up, basically the Scandinavians were much more successful, Christianity never happened, and the Scandinavians would continuously sluaghter anybody before them and put down their own settlements).
Last edited by Raktio on Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Broadside dead ahead!

No, this comment is not meant to be sarcastic.

The Abel Imaginarium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Abel Imaginarium » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:49 pm

I think everybody is a little confused at the current chair positions of the Assembly Hall :p

Sorry for not making it clear enough.

Akiesha and Yin are sitting at the front row of seats right before the stage and infront of Principal Prey who is probably standing/sitting on a chair right at the Podium stand.

Now behind Principal Prey...ON the stage should be a line of chairs reserved for the teachers. But of course if they want to sit with their future students I don't see why not :lol:

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:52 pm

I will post once I have my new character app up.
Times are looking grim these days~

Communist Androids
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Communist Androids » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:52 pm

The Abel Imaginarium wrote:I think everybody is a little confused at the current chair positions of the Assembly Hall :p

Akiesha and Yin are sitting at the front row of seats right before the stage and infront of Principal Prey who is probably standing/sitting on a chair right at the Podium stand.

Now behind Principal Prey...ON the stage should be a line of chairs reserved for the teachers. But of course if they want to sit with their future students I don't see why not :lol:

Question. Magus probably weighs thousands of pounds. Are there special seats for people of his weight group or will he just have to sit on the ground/a broken chair?

The Abel Imaginarium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Abel Imaginarium » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:52 pm

Okies....now I want you all to TG or just tell me your opinions on the subjects I placed up.

Are there too many subjects to choose from? and if so tell me the ones you think should be taken down or crossed out (the ones you think are not so important or would not be so popular among future players who want to join this RP) :)

Some feedback would be really appreciated thanks guiis 8)

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:56 pm

The Abel Imaginarium wrote:Okies....now I want you all to TG or just tell me your opinions on the subjects I placed up.

Are there too many subjects to choose from? and if so tell me the ones you think should be taken down or crossed out (the ones you think are not so important or would not be so popular among future players who want to join this RP) :)

Personally I had issues finding subjects that would work well for my character, so if anything, I don't think there's enough.

Of course, I can't think of any more, soo......

Two questions. One, how many characters can I make?
Two, can I make a character in House x? One of the ideas I have wouldn't work so well for House Alma :/

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:06 pm

Name: Just goes by 'Raven' normally.
Alias: Shadow Enchantress
Species: Corrupted human.
Planet/Dimension of Origin:Terra, alternate dimension where fantasy and moder-day tech exist side-by-side
Side: Anti-hero
Camp Alma or House X?: Camp Alma
Electives: Witchcraft/The Dark Arts, Magic/Mysticism, Majikkujutsu/Mystical Martial Arts, Extraterrestrial Social Studies
Normal Appearance:

In Costume: She looks like in the normal appearance picture, but with the outfit in this picture for her costume

Abilities/Skills: Magic. She's currently somewhat average on the level of power. Here are the spells she knows so far:
Elemental Magic:
Fire: She is able to cast a stream of fire from her hands. She can also conjure and control fire. She can only do the latter in a limited area, and once the fire is where she wants it, she can't move it again. (Example: If she creates a ring of fire around herself, or a line of fire to an enemy, it will remain on the ground once the spell is over, but she can't move it again, she can only put it out.
Lightening: She can conjure a lightening bolt by slamming the end of her staff down on the ground. She can control where it will hit, as well, but this spell is tiring, so she won't use it much.
Water: She can't really do much with water. She can move and shape existing water, but she can't conjure any.
Stone: She can cast a fist of stone from her hand. This spell can have a lot of force behind it, and is unpleasant to get hit by.
Air: She can create wind. Powerful wind, but not powerful enough to throw people around or anything. Maybe throw them off balance a little bit, but basically all it's good for is a distraction and to mess up any arrows.
Nature: She can conjure vines to do her bidding for her.
Dark Magic:
Darkness Fog: She can conjure a black fog to surround and envelop her enemies.
Snake Conjuration: She can conjure a deadly black snake to do her bidding
Night-vision: One natural aspect that comes with being Corrupted is night vision. The Corrupted's eyes can see in dark better then normal humans. Downside is that they're more sensitive to light.
Other Spells:
Magic Arrow: She can conjure a magical bow and arrow for one shot. Once she fires the shot, the bow disappears and she must conjure it again to fire again.
Familiar: She can summon two familiars. Her Firefox, which serves as nothing more then a companion, and her Moonstag, which is both a mount and a companion. She can only summon one at a time.
Weaknesses: Helicon, Zetium, Light-related powers(She's getting over this weakness), and certain rituals can be done to repel her (Also getting over this slowly)
Personality Raven is withdrawn, quiet and shy. She doesn't make much of an attempt to talk to anyone on her own, but when she does end up talking to someone, she is very soft-spoken, but kind and gentle. She tends to try to avoid conflict as much as possible, but will fight if she has to. If angered enough, which is no easy task, the darkness of the Corruption will flare up, taking over and causing her to become twisted and evil for a short time.
Short Bio: Raven grew up in a world where Magic and modern-day technology existed side-by-side. Her name had been Aliana Silverfire then. She had shown an affinity for magic from a young age, and when she was old enough, went off to a magic school to learn. Learning magic wasn't an easy task, like some may think, and takes years and years of training. When she was 14, however, things went wrong. There had always been the Corruption in the world, which took over the hearts of vengeful, angry, hateful and untrained mages who were too weak to resist. It was why there were magic schools, because mages left untrained, or training on their own, would often fall prey to the corruption.

Aliana fell prey to it when her parents were killed. An member of an order that was dedicated to the destruction of magic came into their house and killed them. She was overcome with anger and hatred for the Order. The Corruption saw the weakness and began to worm it's way in to her heart and mind. She began to set out on a mission of revenge, fueled by the dark magic of the Corruption. She laid waste to one of the Order's main Headquarters, leaving the order struggling to survive. The Corruption was happy to have found a soul that was so very powerful. At the age of 15, Aliana became a queen in the Corruption, respected for her power. However, at the age of 16, she began to change. There was a light within her still, and it began to grow, chasing the corruption from her mind. For the first time in two years she was herself. Mostly, anyway. The corruption still remains inside of her, but as time goes on it weakens and she becomes more and more normal. Choosing to leave her old life, leaving the death of her parents and her time Corrupted, at the age of 17 she hired a Gatekeeper to transport her to another dimension, where she could continue to fight off the corruption without the memories of the Order and her parents. As time goes by, the Corruption weakens and with it, her powers.
Theme song: (Optional)
Any Additional Info?: She will often hide her face.
Last edited by Terintania on Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Abel Imaginarium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Abel Imaginarium » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:06 pm

Communist Androids wrote:
The Abel Imaginarium wrote:I think everybody is a little confused at the current chair positions of the Assembly Hall :p

Question. Magus probably weighs thousands of pounds. Are there special seats for people of his weight group or will he just have to sit on the ground/a broken chair?

Ah good question.

My idea for those chairs was to be a little futuristic so they are not only retractable but also versatile as in any individual with any sort of weight, height and what-not can use them. Classroom chairs are also very similar

Communist Androids
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Communist Androids » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:08 pm

Communist Androids wrote:Question. Magus probably weighs thousands of pounds. Are there special seats for people of his weight group or will he just have to sit on the ground/a broken chair?

Ah good question.

My idea for those chairs was to be a little futuristic so they are not only retractable but also versatile as in any individual with any sort of weight, height and what-not can use them. Classroom chairs are also very similar

Is that for all chairs or will Magus have to do some trial and error here?

The Abel Imaginarium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Abel Imaginarium » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:17 pm

Communist Androids wrote:
Ah good question.

Is that for all chairs or will Magus have to do some trial and error here?

Practically all of the chairs belonging to the school.

If at doubt, you can ask KARA to help make the needed adjustments :D

Communist Androids
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Communist Androids » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:20 pm

Communist Androids wrote:Is that for all chairs or will Magus have to do some trial and error here?

Practically all of the chairs belonging to the school.

If at doubt, you can ask KARA to help make the needed adjustments :D

Alright, good to know. If they weren't I have no doubt Magus would break one, then proceed to feel terrible and get really nervous.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:25 pm

:?
Feel like answering my question? :P

The Abel Imaginarium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Abel Imaginarium » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:28 pm

Terintania wrote:
The Abel Imaginarium wrote:Okies....now I want you all to TG or just tell me your opinions on the subjects I placed up.

Personally I had issues finding subjects that would work well for my character, so if anything, I don't think there's enough.

Two, can I make a character in House x? One of the ideas I have wouldn't work so well for House Alma :/

1: as many as you can take.
2: Err.....I didn't really plan on having alot of students for House X. House X is seriously suppose to be meant for the really dangerous and very unstable characters only. Camp Alma is not really the strictly goody-two-shoes only camp but for everybody with all sorts of characteristic as long as they are not so dangerous and can be controlled.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:30 pm

Terintania wrote:Personally I had issues finding subjects that would work well for my character, so if anything, I don't think there's enough.

2: Err.....I didn't really plan on having alot of students for House X. House X is seriously suppose to be meant for the really dangerous and very unstable characters only. Camp Alma is not really the strictly goody-two-shoes only camp but for everybody with all sorts of characteristic as long as they are not so dangerous and can be controlled.

As I said, he would only really work in House Alma... :/

Communist Androids
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Communist Androids » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:50 pm

Name: Unknown
Alias: HADES
Species: Mutant Human
Planet/Dimension of Origin: Earth
Side: Hero
Camp Alma or House X?: Alma
Electives: Kendo, Meditation, Tactical Training, and Gun Kata
Normal Appearance:
Minus the jacket and all. I can't be bothered to completely remake HADES just to change his shirt and pants.
Also, he is 5'3".

And here, Hades' nasty face.

In Costume: N/A
Abilities/Skills:
-Hades is capable of creating replicas of anything he is holding and controlling them with his mind. The replicas are noticeable by them being a opaque blue rather than their usual color.
-Hades, while not abnormally skilled, is still skilled with both blade and gun.
-Hades has a genius intellect, a photographic memory, and can read at over one thousand words per minute with decent comprehension. Also, on the topic of his mind he has a rather indomitable will, it's rather difficult to break him.
-Hades can control his body very well, being capable of stopping natural reflexes and ignoring pain.
Weaknesses:
-Hades is rather deformed, which is why he wears the mask. He doesn't look nice.
-For all his skill with a blade, Hades lacks physical strength to back it up. Physically, he is actually rather weak.
-Strangely, Helicon disrupts his abilities.
-Hades' personality can be off putting. He takes every given chance to insult the intelligence of his peers and even his superiors if possible, and rarely shows overt emotion, be it in the happiest of times or the saddest.
Personality: Hades is a rather quiet person, unless you get him lecturing. Then it's hard to make him actually shut up until he's sure he's gotten his point across. He loves nothing more than giving advice and showing unorthodox points of view. There are also the points given above.
Short Bio: Hades currently does not know much of his past, ironic given his photographic memory. The earliest thing he remembers is at the age of 10, being released from a test tube after some extensive modification that left him horribly deformed. He spent the next three years of his life living in a lab, his abilities being studied while he was contained, almost always in a strafe jacket to prevent him from using his abilities against the staff. It was when Hades was 13 that the ATA attacked the facility for one reason or another. Hades was rescued and brought with them. The next years were spent learning to live among people as an actual person, along with ability training as he refused to give that up. Now that he is older, Hades has been granted something he has wanted for a long time. Admission into the FCA.
Theme song: N/A
Any Additional Info?: He carries a short sword and revolver on him on any occasion he's allowed to have weapons at.
Last edited by Communist Androids on Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:57 pm, edited 5 times in total.

The Abel Imaginarium
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Abel Imaginarium » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:59 pm

Terintania wrote:

As I said, he would only really work in House Alma... :/

Wait....didn't u just stated that he wouldn't work so well for House Alma???

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:05 pm

Terintania wrote:As I said, he would only really work in House Alma... :/

Wait....didn't u just stated that he wouldn't work so well for House Alma???

*Wouldn't

God damn typos. He WOULDN'T work in house Alma :/

Neros
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Neros » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:14 pm

On Subjects: I feel as if there is enough to choose from to suite a persons' needs, yet Extraterrestrial Social Studies and Astronomy/Universal History & Culture Learning seem rather similar, as does Galactic Diplomatic Relations. These all could be combined into a single class with multiple (NPC) instructors to teach the different aspects of the single umbrella-termed class. We also lack some STEM courses, which may be required for the students to go on to have careers outside of crime-busting, but aren't are awesome as learning to fight with guns-swords!

Apologies about the chair confusion. I thought the twins were to sit at each end of the faculty since they had ample space between them. We'll just say Oz is right where he should be...

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse