NATION

PASSWORD

Starlight ☆ Maidens (FanT RP, Open, OOC, Re-Interest)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:30 am

MInroz wrote:
Olthar wrote:Huh?

Never mind...

Anyway, what's Neo-Amazonia's relationship with the Far East Asian nations, China in particular?

Apathy.
The Second Cataclysm: My New RP

Roll Them Bones: A Guide to Dice RPs

My mommy says I'm special.
Add 37 to my post count for my previous nation.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 17, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:46 am

Olthar wrote:Wow. Such an oppressive environment. Already, many characters are in trouble with the law. I hope my Amazons have diplomatic immunity or they'll probably soon follow. :p

You can tell Asteripolis is the new Rome in a lot more ways than one. Big Boobies Sister is doubleplusgood.

Nachfolgia wrote:Funny how I'm welcome with open arms. :lol:

I happened to picked the one person who's about as morbid as your girls. :p
Name: Wolfenium| Demonym: Wolfener/Wolfen| Tech Level: MT/PMT/FanTech (main timeline) or FT/FanTech
Factbook (under revamping): MT | PT
Characters: Imperial Registry of Houses (PT: Historical Archives)
Embassies: Wolfenium's Diplomatic Quarters - Now open to Embassies and Consulates
National Symbols (Applies for both MT/PMT and FT): Flag (Elaborate)|Anthem

/人 ‿‿ 人\ { Make a contract with me, and save me from the Homu-devil! )

Minroz
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Minroz » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:08 am

Character Information (Compulsory)
Name: Liu Taoxiang
Affiliation (what Order you belong to): Order of the White Lotus
Appearance (picture link is preferred): Linky

Magical Description (Compulsory)
Magical Power: Light
Speciality (Offence, Defence, Support): Support
Spells (with descriptions, three basic, one advanced):
  • Light Manipulation (Effect) – She’s not yet fully mastered it.
  • Light Shield (Defence) – Conjured up an impervious shield, made of light spell for short time, depending on Taoxiang’s will.
  • Healing (Support) – Self-explanatory.
  • Blessings of the Love Goddess(Advanced Spell) – Beams of light from the Heavens, healing everyone around her surroundings and weakening/killing evil creatures like shadows.
Weapon (with description): Two x Ornate Jian Swords (She’s a duel-wielder)

Physical Description (Optional)
Height: Tall
Weight: slim
Dislikes: Gross stuff like scary bugs, paperwork, injustice, being called fat, feeling useless
Personality: Naïve, cheerful and intelligently wise. But she’s bit mischievous at times.

History (Compulsory)
Bios:
Born in Baoding, Hebei province, Taoxiang is a direct descendent of a distinguished family, dated back to the times of the Han Dynasty. However, they didn’t know they’re descendents of Liu Bei, one of the great figures in the Three Kingdoms period. But it didn’t bother them one bit since they’re content with their life. Her family had good relationship with the Jinmao clan since the Yuan Dynasty period. Evidently and most importantly she is Ai’s best friend from childhood. Because of this, they considered each other sisters and this extent to the Jinmao family.

As a bubbly young girl with the pure heart of the saint, Taoxiang wanted to help the unfortunates, to the point she’s willing to do so at her expanse. It stems from her self-deprecation as she feels it’s not fair being a fortunate while others suffered. She wanted to go out and see the world, tired of living a sheltered life in the Middle Kingdom. She studied everything needed to know about the world. Like Ai, she’s one of the respectable individuals in China for her amicable personality and empathetic with the common people.

Despite her naïve personality, she is a proficient martial artist (even though not at Ai and Aisha’s level but she can still kickass), woe to anyone who underestimated her fighting prowess just because everyone sees her as a silly girl. Add to that, her selfless determination makes up for her lack of swordsmanship. Like Ai, she wished for a peaceful world – free of the shadows.

Before leaving with her best friend, Taoxiang was a mayor of Chengdu. Officially she left for ‘business’ reasons, actually she wanted to take a vacation because she hates paperwork (much to the chagrin of her subordinates and her friend Aisha who also coming along). And to see what’s the world is like.

For some reason, her relationship with Ai’s little brother Wonggu is more than best friend. It all started when he saved her from bullies a long time ago when they’re little children. And it’s the day she didn't forget.

Additional Information (Optional): She is clumsy but reliable ally and loyal to those she cherished. And she’s a good tactician. But she's sensitive about her weight. Taoxiang also has a secret crush on Wonggu.

OOC Information (Compulsory for non-invitees)
RP Example: Meh...
Last edited by Minroz on Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Minroz
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Minroz » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:09 am

Name:Guan Aisha
Affiliation (what Order you belong to): Order of the White Lotus
Appearance (picture link is preferred): Link

Magical Power: Fire
Speciality (Offence, Defence, Support): Offence
  • Fire manipulation (Attack) - Conjuring and manipulating fire spells
  • (Basic Defence)
  • Fire Blade (Effect) - Augmenting her bladed weapons with FIRE!
  • (Advanced Spell)
Weapon (with description): A guan dao named the Green dragon crescent blade

Height: Tall.
Weight: Slim.
Dislikes: Injustices, bandits, being considered ‘old’, ghosts
Personality: stubborn, lively, modest, vicious when provoked

History (Compulsory)
Bios:
Aigiarn’s right-hand woman, best friend and close-confident. Born in Yuncheng, Shanxi province, she was an orphan after her family was killed by bandits, which made it her quest to ensure innocent people will never suffer like she did. She cares a lot for her friends even though feeling dismayed by her best friends’ antics. Nevertheless, she is loyal to the fault and adheres to the ideals of justice.

Adopted by Altan, she was treated as his beloved daughter along with his children. She is quite closed with the Jinmao siblings. What she didn’t know she’s actually a direct descendant of Guan Yu, one of Chinese old folk heroes. Coincidently her personality is reflected much like her male ancestor. She is also Temujin’s bodyguard and caretaker. Her adopted family entrusted her to look after him as his companion. Without hesitation, Aisha gladly accepts it in wanting to repay them for saving her life. From that time, she’s became Temujin’s first childhood friend, blossoming into sibling-like friendship. For strange reason, Aisha has felt more affectionate towards Temujin than any of her male friends. She tends to deny it, dismissing it’s just ‘weird feelings’, just only sisterly love.

Somewhat self-conscious of her appearance, she often finds herself as the butt of jokes to those who blatantly point out physical aspects of her, such as her age, which she is very sensitive of. To the point, she was sometimes mistaken to be a mother, much to her chagrin. She is secretly completely scared of ghosts.

Aisha continues her service in the Qing military and later on to the White Lotus, acting as Aigiarn’s close confident. But her growing feelings for Temujin had started questioning her relationship with him. There’s one way to find out, and her friends had started teasing her about it.

Additional Information (Optional): Aisha didn’t realised she had fallen in love with Temujin. Time will tell when she got the chance to blurt out her feelings. :3

RP Example: There’s a chicken crossing the road. ~

Azrkyrtovaken
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Azrkyrtovaken » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:12 am

Wolfenium wrote:You obviously never watched this.

Also, I'm still not approving until I see a more plausible name in the context you're going for. Other than that, yours is good to go.

EDIT: And of course I want you to modify the app. Didn't I say that earlier?

Woah I was expecting something seriously smaller in scale--guess I need to fix my perception regarding the nature of the RP. Nanoha( is it?) seems like can break a battleship into two. And yes, I admit that I have no general knowledge whatsoever on the inspiration used for the RP thus please be gentle with me. :c

Revised character app, hopefully it will be better this time.

Name: Nichijio-Lan-Vaelest
Affiliation (what Order you belong to): The Germanic Order of the Lone Wolf
Appearance (picture link is preferred): Image

Magical Power: Living Ignition Weapon "Claíomh Solais"
Speciality (Offence, Defence, Support): Offense

• (Basic Attack) : Partial Ignition Waffen - Nichijio invokes a portion of Solais to gain near light speed mobility which can be represented by appearance of glimmer of golden light on the object she uses for attack; i.e make her hands glow if she uses her hand. As the partial ignition allows her to move at tremendous speed, the rest mass of the object she uses for attack will temporarily reach near infinity, causing high amount of kinetic damage upon impact or contact. However true to the nature of light, these attacks are limited to straight paths.

• (Basic Defence) : Partial Ignition Reflexion - Defensive mode of Solais which subconsciously allows any portion of her body to revert into mass of golden light upon incoming impending danger, allowing most attacks to go straight through Nichijio without dealing any serious harm. Passive unless Solais mana flow is blocked.

• (Basic Support) : Partial Ignition Solide - Special mode of Solais which allows otherwise dismembered limbs or material or injuries suffered by Nichijio to recollect, condense and revert into former non-damaged state with shimmer of golden lights. Nichijio however will feel pain when she regenerates from her injuries.

• (Advanced Spell) Full Ignition Kugelblitz - A special move developed by Nichijio herself, Full Ignition allows her to generate several condensed spheres of pure golden light which then self accelerate into light speed. Unlike Partial Ignition Waffen, the traveling golden light spheres will cause miniature short lived singularities made of pure energy upon impact, releasing tremendous amount of kinetic and light shockwave in the process. The created energy singularities will later evaporate, releasing even more kinetic and light shockwave.
Weapon (with description): Although Nichijio herself is a living weapon, nevertheless she carries two magical short blades made from special form of Damascus steel, custom made by Indian forge masters during her short trip in India. The custom blades are fully personalized to her unique condition and such will regenerate when she apply her mana on it.

Height: 1.71 m
Weight: 57.3 kg
Dislikes: Slimy stuffs or wriggling stuffs--bad memories. Wasting money.
Personality: Nichijio tends to smile at people when looked at but not so talkative. She can be rather stingy when the matter at hand involves money. Nichijio can get surprisingly talkative if she gets enough mandarins (and money) from the people she's familiar with.

History (Compulsory)

Bios: A war orphan from an unexpected Shadow incursion in Europe, Nichijo and other survivors were taken up by an unknown missionary organization that roamed across Shadow-infested lands--which was seen noble at the surface for their actions of diving straight into Shadow-prone areas. Little that she know the organization in question was in fact a secretive pagan organization that seek to produce Living Weapons to combat Shadows for their own purposes given their disbelief upon leading Magical Girl Orders in the same region. Nichijio was given a new name, a new identity and a new place to stay whilst unaware of the organization true goals.

In some unexplained method, the pagan society managed to briefly infiltrate into a Celtic stronghold somewhere near England to steal several relics, some of them being the Shining Sword, "Claíomh Solais". As the infiltrators worm their way out, most of the stolen relics were either recovered by the original custodians or destroyed in numerous fights against Shadows but the holy sword was successfully retrieved. Adamant with the success albeit losing a significant amount of members in the process, the pagan organization hastily proceed to their next plan--to merge the relic with a human and Nichijio was one of few compatible candidates.

Out of ten potential candidates, Nichijio is the only one that survived from being corroded or overwhelmed by the relic's own immense magical power--which relic was then bound on her on the soul level via a sophisticated, unknown techno-pagan method. The merger was apparently a success yet short-lived; the organization was then wiped out by combination of Shadow attacks and actions carried out by certain legitimate Magical Girl Orders that were aware on their true goals.

Through either divine intervention or sheer chance of luck, Nichijio survived the organization collapse with other survivors, still believing what the pagan society did was inherently right and the attacking Orders are in the wrong although she is more concerned in surviving rather than following the justice promoted by the pagans. Eventually Nichijio befriended a salvager team affiliated to The Germanic Order of the Lone Wolf after her escape from Shadow-infested lands of Austria as they gave her money in return of her recent action of killing a Shadow that was terrorizing the team. Whilst she are aware of the existence of Magical Girl Orders due the pagan society incident many moons ago, she decided to loosely interact with the Germanic Order noting her would-be benefactors might be more lenient on her origins and due to the fact she was attracted to what the salvager teams could achieve and gain--particularly money.

Additional Information (Optional): Being a 'Container' housing the Claíomh Solais relic, Nichijio have an unique condition where in her body exists two separate mana flows that do not intermingle with each other--her own natural mana flow normally masks the Solais own mana pathways. When she did 'Ignite' (invoking the Solais), the sword's mana will manifest itself which depending on amount have a chance to knock her unconscious. The techno-pagan process that merged the relic with her body will then reject the excess mana (thus the golden glimmer) and subsequently restore her consciousness into shape. As the relic is a semi-sentient entity, it will automatically protect Nichijio from excessive damage by hijacking her persona (when necessary) as the techno-pagan process intimately binds them together on the soul level--should she die, the weapon will also disintegrate. Additionally Nichijio isn't particularly religious as she is more interested to find treasures.

RP Example: Best post
Last edited by Azrkyrtovaken on Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ersilas uthamolnr sei,
Ilkokayt xiydn sathc,
Vohmsul kayti sudci,
Ilkokayt mucalic.

++++
In the name of Ersilas,
Our Will shall stand,
In our own Honours
Our Kingdom shall stand.
Your message contains 61072 characters. The maximum number of allowed characters is 60000.
iSad. :(

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:03 pm

Azrkyrtovaken wrote:
Wolfenium wrote:You obviously never watched this.

Also, I'm still not approving until I see a more plausible name in the context you're going for. Other than that, yours is good to go.

EDIT: And of course I want you to modify the app. Didn't I say that earlier?

Woah I was expecting something seriously smaller in scale--guess I need to fix my perception regarding the nature of the RP. Nanoha( is it?) seems like can break a battleship into two. And yes, I admit that I have no general knowledge whatsoever on the inspiration used for the RP thus please be gentle with me. :c

• (Basic Attack) : Partial Ignition Waffen - Nichijio invokes a portion of Solais to gain near light speed mobility which can be represented by appearance of glimmer of golden light on the object she uses for attack; i.e make her hands glow if she uses her hand. As the partial ignition allows her to move at tremendous speed, the rest mass of the object she uses for attack will temporarily reach near infinity, causing high amount of kinetic damage upon impact or contact. However true to the nature of light, these attacks are limited to straight paths.

• (Basic Defence) : Partial Ignition Reflexion - Defensive mode of Solais which subconsciously allows any portion of her body to revert into mass of golden light upon incoming impending danger, allowing most attacks to go straight through Nichijio without dealing any serious harm. Passive unless Solais mana flow is blocked.

• (Basic Support) : Partial Ignition Solide - Special mode of Solais which allows otherwise dismembered limbs or material or injuries suffered by Nichijio to recollect, condense and revert into former non-damaged state with shimmer of golden lights. Nichijio however will feel pain when she regenerates from her injuries.

• (Advanced Spell) Full Ignition Kugelblitz - A special move developed by Nichijio herself, Full Ignition allows her to generate several condensed spheres of pure golden light which then self accelerate into light speed. Unlike Partial Ignition Waffen, the traveling golden light spheres will cause miniature short lived singularities made of pure energy upon impact, releasing tremendous amount of kinetic and light shockwave in the process. The created energy singularities will later evaporate, releasing even more kinetic and light shockwave.
Weapon (with description): Although Nichijio herself is a living weapon, nevertheless she carries two magical short blades made from special form of Damascus steel, custom made by Indian forge masters during her short trip in India. The custom blades are fully personalized to her unique condition and such will regenerate when she apply her mana on it.

Personality: Nichijio tends to smile at people when looked at but not so talkative. She can be rather stingy when the matter at hand involves money. Nichijio can get surprisingly talkative if she gets enough mandarins (and money) from the people she's familiar with.

History (Compulsory)

Bios: A war orphan from an unexpected Shadow incursion in Europe, Nichijo and other survivors were taken up by an unknown missionary organization that roamed across Shadow-infested lands--which was seen noble at the surface for their actions of diving straight into Shadow-prone areas. Little that she know the organization in question was in fact a secretive pagan organization that seek to produce Living Weapons to combat Shadows for their own purposes given their disbelief upon leading Magical Girl Orders in the same region. Nichijio was given a new name, a new identity and a new place to stay whilst unaware of the organization true goals.

In some unexplained method, the pagan society managed to briefly infiltrate into a Celtic stronghold somewhere near England to steal several relics, some of them being the Shining Sword, "Claíomh Solais". As the infiltrators worm their way out, most of the stolen relics were either recovered by the original custodians or destroyed in numerous fights against Shadows but the holy sword was successfully retrieved. Adamant with the success albeit losing a significant amount of members in the process, the pagan organization hastily proceed to their next plan--to merge the relic with a human and Nichijio was one of few compatible candidates.

Out of ten potential candidates, Nichijio is the only one that survived from being corroded or overwhelmed by the relic's own immense magical power--which relic was then bound on her on the soul level via a sophisticated, unknown techno-pagan method. The merger was apparently a success yet short-lived; the organization was then wiped out by combination of Shadow attacks and actions carried out by certain legitimate Magical Girl Orders that were aware on their true goals.

Through either divine intervention or sheer chance of luck, Nichijio survived the organization collapse with other survivors, still believing what the pagan society did was inherently right and the attacking Orders are in the wrong although she is more concerned in surviving rather than following the justice promoted by the pagans. Eventually Nichijio befriended a salvager team affiliated to The Germanic Order of the Lone Wolf after her escape from Shadow-infested lands of Austria as they gave her money in return of her recent action of killing a Shadow that was terrorizing the team. Whilst she are aware of the existence of Magical Girl Orders due the pagan society incident many moons ago, she decided to loosely interact with the Germanic Order noting her would-be benefactors might be more lenient on her origins and due to the fact she was attracted to what the salvager teams could achieve and gain--particularly money.

Additional Information (Optional): Being a 'Container' housing the Claíomh Solais relic, Nichijio have an unique condition where in her body exists two separate mana flows that do not intermingle with each other--her own natural mana flow normally masks the Solais own mana pathways. When she did 'Ignite' (invoking the Solais), the sword's mana will manifest itself which depending on amount have a chance to knock her unconscious. The techno-pagan process that merged the relic with her body will then reject the excess mana (thus the golden glimmer) and subsequently restore her consciousness into shape. As the relic is a semi-sentient entity, it will automatically protect Nichijio from excessive damage by hijacking her persona (when necessary) as the techno-pagan process intimately binds them together on the soul level--should she die, the weapon will also disintegrate. Additionally Nichijio isn't particularly religious as she is more interested to find treasures.

And you still haven't changed the name...

What do you think, Madames and Monsieurs? Should I let the fantasy name slide and accept him, or rage again about the lack of context to his surname.
Last edited by Wolfenium on Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Name: Wolfenium| Demonym: Wolfener/Wolfen| Tech Level: MT/PMT/FanTech (main timeline) or FT/FanTech
Embassies: Wolfenium's Diplomatic Quarters - Now open to Embassies and Consulates

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:10 pm

Wolfenium wrote:
Azrkyrtovaken wrote:

History (Compulsory)

And you still haven't changed the name...

What do you think, Madames and Monsieurs? Should I let the fantasy name slide and accept him, or rage again about the lack of context to his surname.

Considering fantasy names wouldn't be that unlikely in this reality, I think you should just... well, you know.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:56 pm

Are you going to add Elizabeth and Marilyn to the character/npc list?

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:58 pm

Also, for the name, if someone in the real world can name their kid North West, then I should think this would be more than reasonable. :p

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:06 pm

In this continuity, I don't think it was ever named Istanbul. I couls be misremembering the background info, but I thought it just went from Constantinople to Asteripolis.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:19 pm

Olthar wrote:Are you going to add Elizabeth and Marilyn to the character/npc list?

Soon. :|

Rupudska wrote:Considering fantasy names wouldn't be that unlikely in this reality, I think you should just... well, you know.

Olthar wrote:Also, for the name, if someone in the real world can name their kid North West, then I should think this would be more than reasonable. :p

I can never understand the other extreme of human intelligence. Very well, your app's accepted, Azrkyrtovaken.

Olthar wrote:In this continuity, I don't think it was ever named Istanbul. I could be misremembering the background info, but I thought it just went from Constantinople to Asteripolis.

You're not misreading it. Istanbul only came out as a name for the city as early as the Ottoman period, and we all know what happened to them here in Starlight Maidens. I was just explaining via TG to GW about it and called it Istanbul out of an OOC context.

Azrkyrtovaken
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Azrkyrtovaken » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:58 pm

Wolfenium wrote:And you still haven't changed the name...

That's a made up name I put on the spot, I think. As you may had read the app, English is not my native language and I have no experience on detailing the context behind someone's name. Well I suppose I can somewhat provide context why the character is named that way?

Nichijio - made up word that I think sounds japanese enough. Or maybe pointing to her actual ethnicity? Alternatively due to the recorder's mistake on writing her new given name assigned by the pagan society.
Lan - Servant Of (in some fictional pagan language)
Vaelest - Probably the last name of her 'saviour', linked to the supposedly now defunct pagan society that binded the Celtic relic on her.

Uhmm additionally I kind of detailed in her bio, she was given a new name and identity and the current name is what she calls herself as--her actual name may indeed lost in history when she was accepted by the pagan society. I hope that clears the context on her unique name and supposedly, unique condition. Alternatively, middle 'Lan' name may as well point out she is the servant of sword, being the 'Container' that houses it.
Last edited by Azrkyrtovaken on Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ersilas uthamolnr sei,
Ilkokayt xiydn sathc,
Vohmsul kayti sudci,
Ilkokayt mucalic.

++++
In the name of Ersilas,
Our Will shall stand,
In our own Honours
Our Kingdom shall stand.
Your message contains 61072 characters. The maximum number of allowed characters is 60000.

Imota
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 19, 2007
Democratic Socialists

Postby Imota » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:11 pm

Nichijio sounds a lot like "nichijo" meaning "everyday life". If you want a name that means "servant of sword", Tsurugi Lan Vaelest (lit. Sword Servant of Savior, hooray for alliteration :) ) could work, as Tsurugi is an actual name (if decidedly fanciful).

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:25 pm

Azrkyrtovaken wrote:
Wolfenium wrote:And you still haven't changed the name...

That's a made up name I put on the spot, I think. As you may had read the app, English is not my native language and I have no experience on detailing the context behind someone's name. Well I suppose I can somewhat provide context why the character is named that way?

Nichijio - made up word that I think sounds japanese enough. Or maybe pointing to her actual ethnicity? Alternatively due to the recorder's mistake on writing her new given name assigned by the pagan society.
Lan - Servant Of (in some fictional pagan language)
Vaelest - Probably the last name of her 'saviour', linked to the supposedly now defunct pagan society that binded the Celtic relic on her.

Uhmm additionally I kind of detailed in her bio, she was given a new name and identity and the current name is what she calls herself as--her actual name may indeed lost in history when she was accepted by the pagan society. I hope that clears the context on her unique name and supposedly, unique condition. Alternatively, middle 'Lan' name may as well point out she is the servant of sword, being the 'Container' that houses it.

Fair enough. Already accepted.

Anarakdos
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Anarakdos » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:05 pm

Wolfenium wrote:
Anarakdos wrote:No. :( It didn't screen in austria, and according to my brother the subs are crap on the online version, so I've held off.

Well, hope for the best. It's worth paying for, I guarantee it.

I watched Rebellion! :3
I'm always looking for feedback about my RP skills. If you have any comments or criticisms, feel free to TG me.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:37 pm

Anarakdos wrote:
Wolfenium wrote:
Well, hope for the best. It's worth paying for, I guarantee it.

I watched Rebellion! :3

Yay!

Azrkyrtovaken
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Azrkyrtovaken » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:59 pm

Imota wrote:Nichijio sounds a lot like "nichijo" meaning "everyday life". If you want a name that means "servant of sword", Tsurugi Lan Vaelest (lit. Sword Servant of Savior, hooray for alliteration :) ) could work, as Tsurugi is an actual name (if decidedly fanciful).

Well that made me thinking. Should I go for Tsurugi-Lan-Vaelest or alternatively, Schwartz-Lan-Soter?

Plausible breakdown,

Schwartz - A black haired person, as the character have (almost) black hair.
Lan - Servant (of), pagan word
Soter - Saviour or Deliverer, plausibly refers to the person that saved the character or his/her last name, linked to the pagan society.

Yet another alternate naming (that I might be okay with), Kensei-Lan-Schwartz? I would like to avoid directly referencing to the Claíomh Solais. Name breakdown,

Kensei - Sword saint, direct reference to the dual wield Damascus blades (which not yet named) used and indirectly refers to the character being a 'Container'
Lan - Servant (of), pagan word
Schwartz - Refers to the (almost) black hair of the character. May also point out to the hair colour of the character's saviour, a pure black hair unbridled against the moonlight drop (and surrounding Shadows). May also hint to the pagan society's name before it collapsed.

Going by etymology-sense, Schwartz can be seen as alternate spelling of Schwarz which in turn derived from Old High German of swarz, indicative to the apparent secret-ness of the pagan society (since swarz means black-figuratively dark or dark secrets) and operation of the society in Shadow-infested lands (figuratively Shadows were described as vile creatures of darkness). May further describe what the pagan society trying to achieve--creation of Living Weapons through some unknown non-sanctioned method (from legit Magical Girl Orders perspective) by 'kidnapping' survivors and subjecting them to inhumane experimentation.

What I'm trying to achieve is dual meaning names that can be figured out by clever characters to gleam what my character is. Another naming context, as the character forgot her original memories and substituted with false ones created by the techo-pagan process, she would call herself as, [First Name]-Lan in tune to the new fake memories provided by the pagan society. Note that although she are aware of the Claíomh Solais, she only remembers someone saved her and given a new place and all but cannot clearly remember what was the society or its place. The character would strongly remember several Magical Girl Orders and Shadows attacking her lodgings with the pagan society. Alternatively, maybe I'm getting too enthusiastic on exploring naming contexts...
Last edited by Azrkyrtovaken on Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ersilas uthamolnr sei,
Ilkokayt xiydn sathc,
Vohmsul kayti sudci,
Ilkokayt mucalic.

++++
In the name of Ersilas,
Our Will shall stand,
In our own Honours
Our Kingdom shall stand.

Anarakdos
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Anarakdos » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:33 am

This is something that I've been wondering for a while: How powerful are Shadows? as in, how many could one of our magical girls probably bring down.
I'm always looking for feedback about my RP skills. If you have any comments or criticisms, feel free to TG me.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:17 am

Anarakdos wrote:This is something that I've been wondering for a while: How powerful are Shadows? as in, how many could one of our magical girls probably bring down.

Varies. Most can be taken down by pairs or threes by a single magical girl, but some larger ones can match a magical girl one on one. And there are even larger ones in more remote areas that need a team to subjugate (mini-bosses essentially). It really depends.

Azrkyrtovaken
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Azrkyrtovaken » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:16 am

Wolfenium wrote:
Anarakdos wrote:This is something that I've been wondering for a while: How powerful are Shadows? as in, how many could one of our magical girls probably bring down.

Varies. Most can be taken down by pairs or threes by a single magical girl, but some larger ones can match a magical girl one on one. And there are even larger ones in more remote areas that need a team to subjugate (mini-bosses essentially). It really depends.

Can I have a creative license on depicting some of the Shadows? I'm thinking a good opening scene for my character once I solve the naming issue (which should be done soon). The character will be egregiously called as 'Prince of Battle' in the scene. 8)
Ersilas uthamolnr sei,
Ilkokayt xiydn sathc,
Vohmsul kayti sudci,
Ilkokayt mucalic.

++++
In the name of Ersilas,
Our Will shall stand,
In our own Honours
Our Kingdom shall stand.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:22 pm

Azrkyrtovaken wrote:
Wolfenium wrote:

Can I have a creative license on depicting some of the Shadows? I'm thinking a good opening scene for my character once I solve the naming issue (which should be done soon). The character will be egregiously called as 'Prince of Battle' in the scene. 8)

The Shadows are formless monsters. They usually shapeshift into mutated versions of beasts, but they can appear in any form. Just let me know in the TG what that Shadow would be. I can probably approve it now, but I want to be sure it would fit with canon.

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 19, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:55 pm

Don't go stealing my plans for the shadows that Wolf already knows about. :lol:

Anyway, I've managed to find wifi in this god forsaken desert so I'll be able to post at least once a day. If I don't, then obviously I don't have wifi.

Military Factbook
The best damn alliance to ever grace NS
Strike witches

Accomplished Member of the The Age Of Neophytos RP Group

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:35 pm

Marilyn is going to get some by the end of this RP. :P

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:48 pm

That is likely.

I'm tempted to have Kara participate in the tourney. If only to have her [or Khawla] fight Adolfina.

It'll be fun.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

The Grey Wolf
Post Czar

Founded: May 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grey Wolf » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:22 pm

Olthar wrote:Marilyn is going to get some by the end of this RP. :P

With Adolfina around, most likely. :p

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse