NATION

PASSWORD

Un-Suppress All

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Jinckus
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Un-Suppress All

Postby Jinckus » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:36 pm

I created a region last year that went under and I the founder, had left my region for another region. Only a single member of the old region remained 'alive' in the region,and as such, the region wasn't deleted. This allowed another region, The Black Riders to invade the region and assume control of the WAD position and go about their usual business in a captured region. They suppressed a little over a year's worth of posts and mutilated the WFE of the region.

The biggest problem I've noticed is that as the founder, I didn't have the option to un-suppress all the posts that had been suppressed by the The Black Rider's delegate. I've had to do it manually, a process that has taken me a little over three or four hours to do, over an expanse of several days.

While I really don't mind doing it, I think that it would be much easier if there was a button that allows us to un-suppress all the posts that had been formerly suppressed. So this is a proposal for such a button to be implemented.
And so They Fell from Light

Albrook
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 03, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Albrook » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:38 pm

Should this be implemented, I'd also consider a 'Suppress All' option to go with it. If you're going to help the Natives/Defenders, might as well help the Invaders too. Easy for all!

Jinckus
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Jinckus » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:39 pm

That does make sense to add in, I hadn't thought about it being used by Defenders, more of a thing for the natives. If they were to implement this feature, I think that it would take a LOT of influence to use this button, because if I remember correctly, doesn't it take influence to suppress/unsuppress posts for WAD's?

Albrook
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 03, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Albrook » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:02 pm

I think that influence is only used for password protecting, ejecting, and banning.

It'd seem to be a good idea to have the 'Unsuppress All' command be able to be reversible into the 'Suppress All' so it caters to both parties in the game. Also, probably easier to code that way as probably some sorry chap might accidentally click it one day and wonder how to suppress everyone again.

Crumlark
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Crumlark » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:25 pm

What about a targetable function of the RMB 'Suppress All', such as... '[insertnationhere]' or 'all nations that entered from [insertregionhere]'.

And if we are creating something that can go BACK and alter who is suppressed or unsuppressed, why not take it a step further and allow scripts that 'pre-emptively suppress' certain RMB posts?
Last edited by Crumlark on Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anarchist. I'm dating TotallyNotEvilLand, and I love him. I am made whole.

Melly, merely living, surviving, is to suffer. You must fill your life with more to be happy.
Liberate Mallorea and Riva!

Jinckus
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Jinckus » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:48 pm

It would be easier to just banject them from the region.

Shadow Afforess
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:17 am

Open the browser console, type in
Code: Select all
$("a.rmbunsuppress").click();
to unsuppress all loaded/visible RMB posts on your region. Only works if you are a region exec.

You didn't hear this from me though.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Coraxion
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Coraxion » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:09 pm

Shadow Afforess.

TBR would happily know how to do that reverse way, - you know -, and not hearing it from you of course. :p

Shadow Afforess
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:32 pm

Coraxion wrote:Shadow Afforess.

TBR would happily know how to do that reverse way, - you know -, and not hearing it from you of course. :p

It definitely wouldn't be
$("a.rmbsuppress").click();
Absolutely no chance.
Last edited by Shadow Afforess on Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Coraxion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Coraxion » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:01 am

Shadow Afforess. TBR tested it to 46 Native RMBs without results. No change. Tagging was still mysteriously considerably faster do to. :p

Thanks anyway.

Land filled with People
Envoy

Founded: Oct 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Land filled with People » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:19 am

Shadow Afforess wrote:Open the browser console, type in
$("a.rmbunsuppress").click();
to unsuppress all loaded/visible RMB posts on your region. Only works if you are a region exec.
You didn't hear this from me though.

Shadow Afforess wrote:It definitely wouldn't be
$("a.rmbsuppress").click();
Absolutely no chance.

Could these be removed (and subsequently a '(un)suppress all button' not be added)?

It removes any thought or effort one has to put in when (un)suppressing posts. ie. How much time are you willing to spend to suppress your political opponents and will the pay-off be worth it. Otherwise we are left with a situation where raiders, with a few keystrokes, can suppress years and years of native posts.

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:51 am

Land filled with People wrote:Otherwise we are left with a situation where raiders, with a few keystrokes, can suppress years and years of native posts.

Which, at worst, is a minor inconvenience, considering suppressed posts can still be read and even unsuppressed later. Of course, I'm completely against scripts, be they for suppressing or unsuppressing posts.

I'm not really for a "suppress all" or "unsuppress all" button. Frankly, both options seem sort of lazy and are quite clearly aimed at Military Gameplay and nothing else.
Last edited by Evil Wolf on Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

Tlik
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tlik » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:56 am

Land filled with People wrote:Could these be removed (and subsequently a '(un)suppress all button' not be added)?

It removes any thought or effort one has to put in when (un)suppressing posts. ie. How much time are you willing to spend to suppress your political opponents and will the pay-off be worth it. Otherwise we are left with a situation where raiders, with a few keystrokes, can suppress years and years of native posts.

Afforess' shortcuts can't really be removed, but it should be emphasised that using them is entirely against game rules. I remember confirming this some time last year when TBR had just started using suppression as a spam tactic (damn you, Koth! :P). Unsuppressing or suppressing a post counts as a game action that affects the world outside your nation, and so you must click every time you do it, at least assuming that [v] doesn't create an unsuppress-all button.

That said, unsuppressing posts is really boring, and I'd love to see this change simply to cut down on one of the more irritating ways of spamming a region.

EDIT: That did remind me though of this trick:
$('.rmbrow').each(function() {$(this).find('.rmbshow').each(function() {console.log($(this))});$(this).find('.rmbunsuppress').each(function() {console.log($(this))});$(this).find('.rmbshow').after($(this).find('.rmbunsuppress'));});

Entering that into the Chrome console (and probably the FF console as well, but don't quote me on that) should halve the number of clicks you need to make, by allowing you to unsuppress a button without having to click to show it. I believe it's legal, and if not I'd quite like it to be legal just to level the playing field slightly in terms of how long it takes to unsuppress posts. Remember, with this version you will still need to click to unsuppress every single post.
Last edited by Tlik on Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jinckus
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Jinckus » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:02 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:
Land filled with People wrote:Otherwise we are left with a situation where raiders, with a few keystrokes, can suppress years and years of native posts.

Which, at worst, is a minor inconvenience, considering suppressed posts can still be read and even unsuppressed later. Of course, I'm completely against scripts, be they for suppressing or unsuppressing posts.

I'm not really for a "suppress all" or "unsuppress all" button. Frankly, both options seem sort of lazy and are quite clearly aimed at Military Gameplay and nothing else.

Actually, aside from unsuppressing a year's worth of posts from natives, I hadn't thought about the ramifications it would have on the Military Gameplay. I thought it would just be a handy tool if some WAD [not specifically a WAD puppet set up by a raiding region] went suppress happy and suppressed everybody's posts.

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:12 am

From an actual technical standpoint, doing unsuppress all could freeze the tab NS is in. Had that happen in NS++ so I disabled that part of the extension. That should be done at people's own risk.

Jinckus
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Jinckus » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:07 pm

Really? It freezes the NS Tab. Nevermind then, that's a terrible idea.

The Technomancer
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Technomancer » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:02 pm

EDIT: ~In my opinion the current system of suppressing mass amounts of posts is unnecessarily time consuming and constitutes spam. Would it kill the developers to add a function to where a person can quickly highlight multiple RMB posts to (un)suppress? Do that or ban the act of mass RMB suppression.

~Add an option to regional controls limiting the posts a nation can make on an RMB per day, with all previous RMB posts being deleted if said nation exceeds the limit.

~Make it illegal for invaders and d-bags to mass suppress RMB posts. Increase the influence cost to discourage the act. Allow mass RMB suppression to be a violation of the rules.
Last edited by The Technomancer on Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Game Created Nation
Civilian

Founded: Sep 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Game Created Nation » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:31 am

The Technomancer:

If a Native founder / 'native' Delegate (supported by residents of a region) goes rogue and suppress all RMB posts, would that be considered 'illegal' too, regardless of are above script used or not?

(Assuming here only 'native' of a region is the Founder)

Not to mention that majority of RMB posts of the NationStates are 'Spammy' anyway.

- Cora -

The Technomancer
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Technomancer » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:21 pm

Game Created Nation wrote:The Technomancer:

If a Native founder / 'native' Delegate (supported by residents of a region) goes rogue and suppress all RMB posts, would that be considered 'illegal' too, regardless of are above script used or not?

(Assuming here only 'native' of a region is the Founder)

Not to mention that majority of RMB posts of the NationStates are 'Spammy' anyway.

- Cora -

I don't know & it's not my problem to figure that stuff out since I'm not a volunteer for NS anyway, so a dev or mod would be better suited to answer that question than me.
Last edited by The Technomancer on Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Stalker
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 04, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Stalker » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:15 pm

I think an un-suppress all and suppress all buttons would be nice.

As someone who has gone through and detagged regions before going through and un-supprressing all those posts are really annoying and time consuming, and I gotta imagine it's just as annoying to go through and manually suppress every post.
The Mad King of Hell
I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"
Hell's Bells: Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee.
This isn't Wall Street, this is Hell. We have a little something called integrity.
And I heard as it were the noise of thunder, One of the four beasts saying come and see and I saw, and behold...

Tramiar
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 30, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Tramiar » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:04 am

Evil Wolf wrote:

I'm seconding this. Although the unsuppress button seems more reasonable than the suppress all one. If they become a thing, can they at least be something you don't get until you've been delegate for a day or two? :P
Mallorea and Riva wrote:I too would ban myself if I saw me moving into my region.

Tramiar: *causes great injustices to natives and fenda-kind*
Spartzy: *prevents great injustices*
Tramiar: too late, they were already caused.
Spartzy: *stops great injustices*
Tramiar: *causes greater injustices, cannot be fixed until next update*
Spartzy: *quits the game*

Coraxion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Coraxion » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:59 pm

By order of TBR Marshal Gest using suppression script is not encouraged anymore due it is clear case of things in a Grey area of rules and how they are enforced in practice.

Every TBR taggers can very well click mouse when reading usual spams on an average RMB of target region. Few pages of suppressions for perfect tag are enough from viewpoints of TBR Tagging protocol.

Evil Grantica
Spokesperson

Founded: May 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Evil Grantica » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:45 pm

Well, I am a WA Delegate, and my Region just got hit-and-run raided by TBR. All of our posts were suppressed. 450+ pages worth. This makes me think script.

We need an unsuppress button. Keep in mind that I have suppressed some posts such as spam and raider victory shouts. Those would be unsuppressed as well, which means that the raiders would still gain something.

But yeah, 450+ pages of suppressed posts? Something's fishy here.
The other Grantican nation is Grantica.

This is the dark timeline Grantica of draconian evil.

The other one is filled with people who actually care about things other than power and oppression.

Some might say we are alike, but that's not true.

The New Sea Territory wrote: Calm down, Liberty Prime.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical