NATION

PASSWORD

Transit Arimathea [WIP; Astyria only]

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]
Trellin
Envoy

Founded: Jun 05, 2012
Capitalist Paradise

Transit Arimathea [WIP; Astyria only]

Postby Trellin » Fri May 17, 2013 3:24 pm

W h o _ _ _ A r e _ _ _ W e ?

Every day, millions of people need to get from one place to another. They need to do it in the shortest time possible at the lowest costs they can. A private jet fills only the first condition; rolling down a hill in a shopping trolley fills the other. The vast majority of people don't have the means to fly a private jet half a mile to the shops, and not everyone lives on top of a hill. We're there for those people in the middle, the people who want to travel in comfort and luxury even if they don't own it. Whether it's on our ferries, our trains, our trams or our planes, we promise only the finest in travel.

That's because Transit Arimathea is all about the passenger, and it's all about the journey. We're not here to take your money, we're here to provide an excellent service, be it at the airport, on the ferry or on a train. This has been our highest goal since being founded, in 1985, and we have always striven to achieve it. So sit back, relax and enjoy the ride: Transit Arimathea will get you there.

O u r _ _ _ P o l i c i e s .

Transit Arimathea exists for the Arimathean people. We believe in protecting the rich environment of our state, leaving stunning scenery that is free from unnecessary harms and a safe home for the tremendous biodiversity of the varied Arimathean landscape. In everything we do, the environment is a top priority, and any potential impact on the often-tenuous ecosystems is seriously considered. Independent assessors are always consulted before any new development. Our trains and cars and ships all operate with clean efficiency, wherever we can manage it.

U s i n g _ _ _ T h i s _ _ _ S i t e .

We find that good websites are a lot like good transport: they should be straightforward, clean and hassle-free. Each of our subsidiary companies, therefore, has its own home page on this site and its own internal directory. Each company manages its own page, but all are collected under one banner for simplicity. Links to the homepage are included at the bottom of each page, and a site directory is also available in case you get lost. If you have any questions or suggestions for the improvement of this website, please email us at admin@transit.ari.

Image Top
Last edited by Trellin on Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:18 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Trellin
Envoy

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Trellin » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:21 pm

PORT OF ARIMATHEA

Harbour Information
CEO: Vaniri Alkron
Cargo tonnage (2012): 677 million tonnes
Number of berths: 94
Ship arrivals (2012): 37,598

Arimathea Port Authority is the body responsible for the largest harbour in the Trellinese Empire, the Port of Arimathea. Located in the north of the country's eastern landmass, the Port plays an essential role in the empire's economy, being an important trading link for many nations around the Sea of Jajich in western Astyria. As one of the few ports in the empire which is authorised to permit foreign vessels, it is no wonder that Arimathea has grown to become one of the a major Astyrian seaports.

Arimathea's port is located on the mouth of the River Kaedroth, and boasts large facilities for the offloading of seagoing vessels and transferring of cargo to smaller ships or barges for shipping upriver. A substantial deepwater harbour shelters docked vessels from the tropical storms that are typical of the Sea of Jajich.

For many centuries, Arimathea's maritime tradition and location on the River Kaedroth, one of the largest rivers in northern Trellin, has made it a crucial trading hub. During the Grand Duchy's colonial era, it grew to prominence as the dominant port on the Sea of Jajich, with merchants from throughout Astyria coming to restock here before carrying on, and major trading routes connected it to most of the region's other harbours. Though the port experienced a decline in Trellin's first isolationist period, and lost its position as the country's main port to the capital's harbour, modernisation a century later saw Arimathea shoot forward as the heart of Trellin's northern industrialised region and the principal point of arrival for foreign machinery and investment.

Throughout the current period of isolation imposed by the Sidereal Crown, Arimathea has retained its open borders and orientation towards free trade and, through aggressive invitation campaigns to foreign shipping firms, has regained its position as leading port. It is this sustained international mentality, in fact, which has driven much of the nation's growth in recent years and the increased calls for an end to Trellin's century-long isolation from the rest of Astyria. As the empire prepares to enter into a new golden era for trade, there is little doubt that Arimathea will continue to hold its position as a major port.

O u r _ _ _ F a c i l i t i e s .

It isn't just for its location and deepwater harbour that Arimathea has become a leading port on the Sea of Jajich. At the southern end of the Great Bay of Arimathea, the port would seem far removed from the major shipping routes leading to Neu Engollon and the Dangish Empire. It is a history of economic prosperity, rather than geography, that has made the port prominent, and made it the centre rather than the periphery of trade in the region. Being one of Trellin's most industrialised provinces makes it a crucial gateway for shipping, and there is always high demand on our facilities.

Fortunately, we have the facilities, and we can meet the demand. Everything here is on a grand scale:

• The port covers close to a thousand hectares
  • Arimathea boasts no fewer than 94 berths
    • of which 61 are designated for containers.
  • The quays cover a total length of 27,500 metres
  • There are 207 quay cranes
  • There are 450,000 m² of warehouses

So when we say we have the capacity, we're not just making it up.

In addition to all of the above, Arimathea Port Authority operates a major passenger port, just upriver of the cargo port, with sixteen berths available to cruise ships. There is also a ferry port, connecting the remote archipelago of the Eth Bandig to the heart of the Grand Duchy.

O u r _ _ _ P a r t n e r s .

A p p l i c a t i o n s .

Code: Select all
[pre]SHIPPING APPLICATION
[b]Name of Company:[/b]
[b]Company's CEO:[/b]
[b]Storefront link:[/b]

[b]Passenger, Cargo, or Other:[/b]
  [b]If cargo, goods to be transported:[/b]
  [b]If passenger: Ferry or Cruise line?[/b]
  [b]If other, specify purpose:[/b]

[b]Ports of Call:[/b][/pre]

Image Home | Image Top
Last edited by Trellin on Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:52 am, edited 7 times in total.

Trellin
Envoy

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Trellin » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:41 pm

Arnatxa Arimathe'ka is synonymous with excellence in rail travel. Since 1972 we have been responsible for getting millions of Arimatheans around the country, and we have only ever succeeded in this task. As a partner of the prestigious AstyRail group, we not only meet their high, industry-defining standards, we exceed them - 96% of our passengers choose Arnatxa Arimathe'ka over any other form of mass transit, and the reasons are beyond count.

We are more affordable and more reliable than any airline operating the same routes. In 2013, less than one per cent of our scheduled services ran late. Partnerships with all the major airports in Arimathea means smooth transitions from train to plane every time, for our passengers and their baggage. As an AstyRail partner, we offer hassle-free service connecting Arimathea with destinations throughout Astyria.

When all is said and done, there's only one thing we're about, and it's one thing we excel in. No one does rail travel like Arnatxa Arimathe'ka, and we invite you to see for yourself.

P a y m e n t _ _ _ A n d _ _ _ T i c k e t i n g

Payment with Arnatxa Arimathe'ka is all about flexibility. Our service is built around you, our all-important passengers, and we know everyone has their own preferred way of doing things. That's why we offer several methods of payment. Cash and card make their regular showing, of course, but we also accept the Arnatxa Arimathe'ka E-ticket and similar cards of any of our Trellinese and AstyRail partners.

The E-ticket is a pre-loaded card that can be topped up by cash or card at stations or by card over the phone or online. Flexibility is the rule here: the E-ticket offers a 10% discount over other payment methods on all our inter-city and long-distance routes. As a partner of AstyRail, we are proud to say that our E-ticket is accepted all across the AstyRail network, regardless of location, just as partners' tickets are accepted on our services. The E-ticket has the further advantage of acceptability for AstyRail's airline and ferry partners, for what can really be called pan-Astyrian coverage.

O u r _ _ _ T r a i n s

We'd hate to limit ourselves in our quest for perfection, so we buy our trains from a wide range of providers from around the world. Our preferred vendors are Karlberg Industries and Orbis Rail Systems, though we are always on the lookout for other purveyors of excellence as we update our stock.

On our commuter routes:
    • 2D2-M1 Swift DMU
      ― Orbis' 2D2-M does everything needed of a commuter train, offering reliability and comfort as it connects Arimathea's cities to their suburbs. With good acceleration and good accommodation, it is our ideal commuter.
    On our intercity routes:
    • X14 Snabbtåg
      ― With a design speed of 210 km/h and five passenger coaches per power car, this engineering marvel from Karlberg is among the finest of our stock. As long as you're on the X14, you'll be enjoying luxury.

O u r _ _ _ R o u t e s

Arnatxa Arimathe'ka operates a large number of domestic routes, as the pre-eminent provider for commuter transport in the Grand Duchy. Commuter lines radiate outwards from the hearts of the major Arimathean cities, linking them to their suburbs and satellite towns, and ring rails exist to help our passengers get from A to B without the hassle of C in the middle. We also serve freight routes, connecting Arimathean business to the rest of the region.

Lists of commuter and freight routes can be found elsewhere on this site; those listed below are our intercity routes.

Route beginning
Stopping at
Route ending
Frequency
Arimathea
Temolen · West Parsig · Vertifem
Ka'azar
Every 90 minutes
Ka'azar
Temolen · Arimathea · Dargai · (Image) Kzint · Tar Ghemin · Bara ti'Emla · Ledigar · Hyser
Mar'theqa
Every two hours
Arimathea
Ka'azar · (Image) Barzanou · (Image) Vilança · (Image) Burgunden · (Image) Konstanca · Kraljevo · Belina · Beograd · Konstantinovo · Veleš · (Image) Woodstead
Oppidum
Every 150 minutes
(Image) Mar'theqa
Hyser · Ledigar · Bara ti'Emla · Tar Ghemin, Kzint · (Image) Dargai · Arimathea · Temolen · Ka'azar · (Image) Barzanou · (Image) Vilança · [Sycoon] · [DE] · [ViZion] Forks · (Image) · Lužice · (Image) Lisbourg · Angoulême · Chablais · (Image) Bramwolf aan den Woon · Koninstad · Katlijf aan den Woon · [DE] · (Image) Lake Hai'lu'kai · Kai'ilana · (Image) Martell · Endeavour · Hannibal
Wayne Island
Every two hours
Arimathea
Tythim · Qoredri · Vedalkae · (Image) Bara Vekriz · Tar Pegalim · Nadrioth · Dare'est
Asketon
Every 150 minutes

O u r _ _ _ S u p p l i e r s

O u r _ _ _ P a r t n e r s

A p p l i c a t i o n s

We would ask that all applications be accompanied by a formal letter. Any forms received without proper identification (envelopes, return addresses, signatures, etc.) will be shredded without prior reading.

[pre][b]ROUTE APPLICATION[/b]
  < Astyrian destinations only >
[b]Start Destination:[/b]
[b]Intermediate Destinations:[/b]
[b]End Destination:[/b]
[b]Frequency of service:[/b][/pre]
[pre][b]SUPPLIER APPLICATION[/b]
[b]Company:[/b]
[b]Storefront Link:[/b]
[b]Service/products offered:[/b][/pre]

Image Home | Image Top
Last edited by Trellin on Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:54 am, edited 9 times in total.

Trellin
Envoy

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Trellin » Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:32 pm

Arimathea City Airport is the largest, most active and second oldest airport serving the City of Arimathea. We were established by parliamentary act in 1968 after the Zarnadh Disaster at Capital Airport.

Almost twenty million passengers visit Arimathea City Airport every year. Including air freight, this means we have four hundred aircraft movements a day, twelve and a half thousand a month, and one hundred and fifty thousand a year. With such high traffic volumes, the airport is fortunate to have two substantial asphalt runways - 4200 and 3150 metres long - to accommodate the largest aeroplanes that fly in the empire. Plans to lay a third runway are currently waiting on government funds and its completion is anticipated in 2017.

A i r l i n e s _ _ _ & _ _ _ D e s t i n a t i o n s .

[pre]GATE APPLICATION
[b]:[/b][/pre]

Image Home | Image Top
Last edited by Trellin on Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Trellin
Envoy

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Trellin » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:02 pm

Ka'azar Aeroport is the main international airport for the city of Ka'azar and the northern provinces of Kahazarqa, Malahér and Erhothi. We are the second largest airport in Arimathea, boasting extensive and modern facilities that cater for the travel needs of one of the most rapidly-growing cities in the empire.

Founded in the mid-1950s, Ka'azar Aeroport has been an integral link in the country's transport network from the start. The city's harbour is only the fourth in the nation, and most traffic to northern Arimathea instead passes through the port at Vertifem. Having a quality airport is therefore vital to the city's life. Ka'azar Aeroport brought in the commercial connections that let its city flourish - so much, that in the late '80s a second airport was built further out and our facility was renamed Ka'azar City Aeroport to distinguish it from the newer, smaller Ka'azar Marnek.

Our airport holds a wonderful position in Ka'azar's urban geography. Located barely 20 minutes from the beating heart of the central business district by either motorway or metro, we are also within easy reach of any number of shopping districts, residential neighbourhoods and tourist attractions. Wherever you want to go, Ka'azar City Aeroport is just a short hop away.

Ka'azar City Aeroport boasts among the most modern facilities of any airport in the Trellinese Empire. Our two terminals have a combined total of sixty gates. Of these, twenty four are contact gates with jet bridges. This allows between 220 and 280 flight departures per day. Its two runways - 3,168 and 3,470 metres in length - are both capable of accommodating even the largest of today's commercial aircraft.

A i r l i n e s _ _ _ & _ _ _ D e s t i n a t i o n s .

[pre]GATE APPLICATION
[b]:[/b][/pre]

Image Home | Image Top
Last edited by Trellin on Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blackhelm Confederacy
Minister

Founded: May 31, 2006
Father Knows Best State

Postby Blackhelm Confederacy » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:12 am

To whom it may concern,

Confederate Airlines is interested in providing three flights a week to Arimathea City Airport from Paradise City. These flights would be serviced by a state of the art GA-4 Mako supersonic passenger liner, allowing rapid connection across the region. We are willing to pay whatever costs are required for such a privilege, and would also like to open a small lounge for our passenger to wait in. Thank you for reading, and we eagerly look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Claudius Greenwall
~Got Oil?~

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Trellin
Envoy

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Trellin » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:10 pm

Mister Greenwall, sir;

On behalf of the management of Arimathea City Airport, the board of directors and the people of Arimathea, I would like to formally welcome Confederate Airlines to our airport, the finest in the Trellinese Empire and the preeminent gateway to west Teudallum. We note that you seek to facilitate "rapid connection across the region" from your hub at Paradise City. In light of this, we would invite further negotiation in relation to establishing connecting flights to destinations in the rest of the Trellinese Empire, which we would be delighted to assist in facilitating.

Until such time as connecting flights appear on the Confederate horizon, we are granting permission for three weekly flights to Arimathea City Airport from airports around Paradise City. You are also accordingly granted first through fourth freedom rights, a privilege granted by the Aviation Authority of the Grand Duchy of Arimathea in accordance with international legislation and that of the Sidereal Crown. Your obligations under this agreement will be made clear to you in accompanying documentation. You may also expect paperwork in relation to fees, advertising and marketing standards and ground crew operating procedure at Arimathea City Airport to follow in due time. All relevant documentation must be completed and returned before we will schedule any services by Confederate Airlines.

Once again, thank you for your time and your partnership. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours faithfully,
Telea Kimerka
Chief Liaison Officer

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade