NATION

PASSWORD

World Bowl XXII RP/Roster Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kinzar
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kinzar » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:55 am

HOSTS AWAIT AFTER SECOND WIN

Kinzar is one of seventeen teams to be 2-0, which was something that would happen mathematically after two games of a 68-team Casaran schedule, after another solid win. Playing at Royal Park, as opposed to the Royal Stadium, the transformed baseball stadium was not sold out, but still boasted a pretty good attendance. Saintland fans seem to be coming out to more then just the games involving the local team, as it did not appear as though there was a strong amount of fans from either team in attendance. Though once again for all of those Kinzites who are brave enough to tackle the ridiculous law about not being able to rent a car, your country thanks you.

One of the stories surrounding the Wildcats opening win were comments made by “Touchdown” Scottie Brown, so prior to this game, a young reporter asked him if he regretted what he said and mentioned the response that the Concord Heights Times had published. Brown emphasized that he is just having fun but did mean what he said, and that he hopes Kinzar can “show up more chicks” on the field. Nassau-Hessen had schooled a group of German Shepherds 51-0, and Brown noted that “I credit the dogs for showing up, but we will provide much greater opposition. I think even little Shannon Jackson there could cover a dog. You do that, honey.”

Right away, Kinzar showed that they would be a more challenging opponent, sacking Trevor Lampman and his unusual #22 for a quarterback, two times, that led to a safety. Then just two plays after receiving possession, Matthew Lanier, and his more conventional #4 for a quarter, hoisted a 40-yard TD pass to Jeremiah MacIlwaine to make it 9-0 in favor of the Wildcats. Nassau-Hessen did respond on a possession that bridged the first and second quarters, with Walt Tino and his ‘why the hell is he wearing #06', punching it in from 4-yards, a drive in which the Wildcats responded with a field goal. Then, while running the two-minute drill before halftime, Kinzar’s starting halfback, JackStackhouse, wearing a normal #33, had a 6-yard TD himself to make it 19-7 at halftime.

The Wildcats put the game away early in the third quarter, with “Touchdown” Scottie Brown, picking up his third touchdown of the World Bowl, this on a 27-yard touchdown reception from QB Matthew Lanier. To celebrate, Brown “punted” the ball into the upper deck of Royal Park, and was assessed yet another 15-yard penalty. Once again, his antics allowed for the opposition to get good field, but Nassau-Hessen could only get a 39-yard field goal out of it, and with the Wildcats responding with a field goal of their own, Kinzar led comfortably after three, 29-10. The team was happy to run down the clock in the fourth, and after a fifteen play drive that saw Brown on the sidelines offering to sign autographs for the fans, Matt Victorino hit another three-pointer to make it 32-10 and render Nassau-Hessen’s TD with less the a minute to play completely meaningless.

After this victory, Kinzar is going back to Royal Stadium to take on the hosts themselves. The Sanctii are an offensive minded team led by Prince Petrus and collectively have a group of uniform numbers that make sense. It will prove to be a tough challenge in likely a hostile environment. Scottie Brown still feels the team, or at least he, can have a big game. “Yeah man. I mean like the Sanctii are all offense, ya know wut I’m saying? They can score and our defense will have problems but the one thing you don’t hear about them much is the play from their DB’s, you know what I mean? They can’t cover me. I will wear them out.”
President: Kevin Spencer
Our citizens are called, Kinzites.

HopNation
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby HopNation » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:05 am

Malt Handball –World Bowl XXII– Part 1 | Part 2

Where was I, where was I....O right, the polls the bloody polls. I was a little confused there as I learned the Malts suffered their first loss. If you’ll remember last time we went over the number of Hoptonians that had knowledge of Handball and those numbers were bad, real bad. Just over a quarter of the citizens of HopNation have knowledge of Handball. That number just seems to be stuck in my head and it’s having trouble leaving. Perhaps after looking at the next item I’ll be able to leave that dismal number in the chasm of forgotten pasts. Well, let’s get to it then. The second item on the League Leaders poll was time spent watching the Baptism of Iron (BOI). Here are the numbers:
People are in Millions - Time is in Hours

Ah, I feel much better after looking over these numbers and I’m very pleased to see the vast majority of Hoptonians actually watched some portions of the BOI. It was probably the final where the Malts defeated the Free Republics, maybe that’s why we keep facing top 50 ranked teams, hmmm. Anyway the numbers are promising and will hopefully start to reflect that first number on knowledge, maybe it’s the question wasn’t worded correctly to the citizens, maybe the explanation given to me was incorrect, whatever it was that knowledge number is still haunting me. I do bet that the citizens thought of it as knowing the rules, the format, the intricacies of the game itself. While League Leaders told me it was simply knowing the sport existed, but from those viewer numbers the Hoptonians surely know the sport exists, but they rather find the game a bit odd. I mean other nations call it football, while we Hoptonians call it Handball. Conceivably that’s what all the confusion on knowledge is about. They do know of the game they just don’t know about the game. With 1.6 billion people watching at least some of the BOI we are in good shape it seems and we’ll have to see if they start to get a better understanding of the game. The citizens of HopNation will probably never know why other nations call it football, I mean players never user their feet to touch the ball, well besides for kickoffs, PATs, and Field Goals, but the rest of the players use their hands on all instances to control the ball. Next up we’ll dig into more data on Hoptonians likely hood to watch the World Bowl. This data might reveal a greater interest in the game and maybe explain our limited fan base thus far during the World Bowl.

Now the game, the Malts’ first loss, an agonizing defeat where they could not score a single point. Karditan finally showed up with a roster moments before the match claiming not to be late. But fielding a team against the Malts was a wise choice as our side seemed to be on a roll and was not phased by a #10 ranking prior to the game. But then came the roster and a deeper look into the team they would be facing. A good team, a team that has done well in the past, and once again started out very strong in this World Bowl. They held the current #1 sport after the first game day and were looking to stay there. The Malts had other ideas and certainly looked to stay undefeated. But this would not hold as the Karditan side would be too much for the Malts. The Malt Marauders did their jobs and held the Karditan Offense to minimal yards, a total of 185 offensive yards. However, Fran Bradanning could not do anything right. He threw three interceptions which seemed to be good passes at the time and despite the claim that the Karditan Pegasus’s had their wings tied to be fair they, Fly Swatter jumped extraordinary high to intercept two of those three passes. Each interception turned into points of some kind. The first two were pick sixes and gave the Karditan’s a 14-0 halftime lead. AP Goreyou had a good day despite the outcome and finished with 115 yards on just 12 carries, but he did loose a fumble in the third quarter that resulted in a field goal for the opposition. The final score was early in the fourth quarter and was obtained by good field position following Fran Bradannings third interception. The Malts will have to pick there heads up after this one and simply need to realize that they are going to be playing the hardest possible foe in each round of this Casaran system, as it seems they are pitted against top 40 teams each round. I’m starting to wonder if Free Republics has some grudge and has allied with Saintland in order to keep the Malts at bay. How could they not have something against us, after all we did beat them in the Free Republics most important game the BOI Final. It was only by one measly point too, so it stings, it stings bad in the eyes of those Free Republics and has been duely noted whenever the Malts enter a stadium on Free Republics land. This next match is, however, in Saintland so we’ll have to see what comes of this and if the crowd in Saintland is as unruly against the Malts, or if it’s just the officiating that seems a bit odd.

Game Day 3 Preview – Move to Saintland

Estope #27
Somehow this team seems to find ways to win in most cases despite not much being known about them. So far the only thing our scouts could find is a roster from this World Bowl and also from World Bowl XXI. They did finish in third in Group B during the last World Bowl just missing the next round by six points. Not sure what style they will be playing or who they will rely on to score them points. From looking at the depth chart it looks like they are defensively heavy and it could be that they simply keep other teams from scoring in order for them to win. Whatever it is they should be a tough team to play.

HopNation #42 - Malts
After suffering their first ever loss the Malts are steaming mad and will be looking to get back on track with a win of this 19th ranked team from Estope. The Malts coaching staff made no indications of changing anything after the loss as they feel that it was a good game despite the final score and that the starters are completely ready and capable to take on any foe. The Malt Marauders continue to be dominant and we’ll look for more of this from them.

Results
MD1: Malts 10 – 7 Ati Kaluraya
MD2: Karditan 20 – 0 Malts
Record
1-1
Win|Loss

Prediction: Malts 13 7 Estope

Both teams are in win situations, I’d say must win, but there are a lot of games to yet be played. The Malts will bend in this game but not break and come out victorious once again. The stadium is also a little different in this match as it is usually a Baseball Field so we'll have to see if that turns out to be a factor for either team as well. We also expect the fans to be a big part of this match as they will almost be touching the players on the sideline due to the modified set-up.
( ) number next to each team in the versus section is current World Bowl Rank after BOI 15
# next to each team in the team overview section is current Casaran round rank
Collection of National Teams
BOF 54 - Group 7 Winner - Round of 16
World Cup
Qualifying Exits: 67, 68, 69*,71
4th Place (70)
Cup of Harmony
Group Stage Exits: 59
Round of 16 (60), QF (61)
*playoff game
BOI 15 - Champion
World Bowl
Group Stage Exits: XXII*, XXIII, XXV*
Rof16: XXIV,XXVI
*playoff game
World Cup of Hockey
Group Stage Exits: 23, 24, 25, & 27
Rof16: 26

Jeckland
Minister

Founded: Nov 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jeckland » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:17 am

Coach was angry again, He had vented his anger at hte players, now he sat alone in his hotel room wondering what the f had gone wrong.
They were debutants, and did not expect to do well, but they had only scored 3 points.

DAMMIT!
Winners: N/A
Runners Up: WBC 30 & 31, Memorial Cup
Semi Final: CE 26, WBC 35, WLC 20

Anditia
Envoy

Founded: Dec 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Anditia » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:49 am

Wolves roll Jeckland. Try to nip Eagles next
Ala D'Aubin-FREE REPUBLICS

"Moving slowly is what you get when you play strong defense. The ground-and-pound style seems to work with us when we play teams like Jeckland but it may not work out when we face Accardola. We'll just have to keep on trying." Coach Gregor Nestori said during his press conference following the 13-0 win by the Anditon Wolves vs their opponent Jeckland during the second day of compettion of World Bowl XXII hosted by the Free Republics and Saintland. The unique Casaran format allows the Wolves to change ranking and continually face more appropriate foes in their quest to qualify for the playoff rounds of WBXII. Coach Gregori is well aware that the road ahead may be more difficult than the road previously travelled. "Jeckland was ranked higher than us, yes, but it was more of an equal matchup. They have a struggling offense - an offense that our defense was able to take advantage of. The fact that Jarrod Basil (DE #93) was able to get 2.5 sacks on the Jeckland QB was fantastic - he really shined out there and should be able to continue to produce the pressure from the sides. Demarcus (Heslund, MLB #55) was also able to provide good on-field leadership. We played solid defense. Unfortunately with this format, we'll have to play against an even tougher opponent next. They essentially man-handled New Koln during their last match (36-10) and have shown that they can truly score against weaker teams."
Despite these comments, the Accardolan Fighting Eagles has actually only put up points against New Koln. Their pocket-style passing QB may actually serve as advantage for the Wolves defensive line strength. Additionally, they tend to run a similar style of defense to the Wolves, meaning that Offensive Coordinator Marc Fangol should be able to bash his way down the field with Thundering Runningback #21 Liam 'The Rhino' Uberarra.
Considering the previous predictions (and how off we've been) I would suggest that it will be a tighter game highlighting the Anditon Defense:
Anditon Wolves- 10; Accardolan Fighting Eagles- 9 in a knock-down, drag-out, gut-busting defensive battle.

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:58 am

Meghan Kinson stared out the window as the pounding repeated itself. It was if the SWAT team had been brought in. She didn’t quite understand why all of this would be necessary if they just wanted to get her opinion about a few things. Clearly, CRIU knew more then she wish they did, and prior to going, she made a quick call to her attorney, Sarah Reynolds, to tell her the situation. Reynolds, Cassadaigua’s most famous defense attorney known for getting criminals off even when all of the evidence was against them, told Kinson “to go, but don’t say anything until we have talked at length.” Kinson shouted from the other side of the door, that “I’m coming”, but was tackled immediately upon opening the door and put in handcuffs. Startled, Meghan shouted, “why is all of this necessary?” The CRIU officials didn’t say anything and Kinson relaxed the best she could in the paddywagon, not saying a word, until she was brought to the local jail and promptly thrown into a jail cell.

Sarah Reynolds, hired by Kinson, promptly contacted CRIU and demanded that there was to be no communication between them and her client until she arrived at the jail and was able to speak to Kinson. This fact would already be Cassadagan law, but Reynolds was sure to let CRIU know that she was aware of the apprehension of Kinson, and to be sure that they knew who Meghan’s defense representation was going to be. Therefore CRIU better not fuck it up, or else Reynolds could easily get Kinson off. Grudgingly, Katie Parker, the CRIU chief in charge of the investigation obliged and told all of her colleagues that not a word was to be said to Kinson. Parker made sure they knew that they would be dealing with Reynolds, and there was no room for any kind of error. In her cell, Kinson casually asked for the guards to do everything in which she was entitled to have by law, since she had to formally be charged with a crime. Her requests for the guard to change the TV channel almost every half an hour seemed to be more of a game, and Kinson repeatedly asked for food or drink. The guard did advise her that there would be no further action taken towards her until Reynolds arrived.

Five hours later, a black limousine pulled up in front, in the midst of hundreds of reporters and TV trucks wanting to get the first scoop as to what was going on with Kinson. CRIU officers cleared the way for Reynolds to make an unobstructed exit from the limo. Walking in, Reynolds, well-known to Katie Parker to the extent that rival superstar quarterbacks would be familiar with one another, and shook Katie’s hand. “Beautiful evening tonight isn’t it, Katie?” Parker could only nod. “When I was coming in, I could be amazed on how terrible the dress on the TV-12 reporter was. What was her name again?” Asked Reynolds with an extremely annoying grin. Parker, not wanting to be one-upped in this obvious act of gamesmanship simply replied, “I don’t know, but those are nice earrings you have on, Sarah.” Reynolds, also knowing that Parker said that not to be complimentary but to show she wasn’t intimidated, could only smile back and asked for the keys to room 108, the room in which she could speak to Kinson with no ability for others to eavesdrop. This song and dance, or gamesmanship between Parker and Reynolds had happened many times before, given their roles and reputation in the Cassadagan justice system. They hated each other with a passion, professionally, but knew they couldn’t show that, publicly.

Reynolds took her seat in room 108, and waited for the guards to bring in Meghan Kinson. She was sure that the doors were locked and did her customary look around the room to make sure there wasn’t any recording equipment around. Finding none, she gave Parker a sarcastic thumbs-up with Parker responding with an equally sarcastic grin.

Looking at her client, Sarah for the first time showed a little concern,

“This is a little more then I was expecting. They seem very sure of things right now.”

“How can they be so certain? There was a suicide note, and I have an alibi as to where I would have been at the time of the shooting. Aren’t they even going to pursue MEN? They know how vocal they were about hating us where you, I, and Ashley fought those charges.”

“That is certainly where we keep our defense, Meghan. It is important for you to continue to say things like they need to capture her killer. Your spacebook post was great, but probably posted a couple days too late. They had the arrest warrant by then, surely.”

“It’s hopeless for them to believe it’s a suicide now, huh?”

“Yes. They are pretty confident that it was a homicide. The people you had go in there to cover up the scene after the murder did not do a good job. I know they say they didn’t have enough time to do their thing. Not like when they covered up the killing of Seth Johnson to look like a suicide.”

“So, the defense becomes it wasn’t me that shot her then. So just blame it on MEN.”

“MEN has plenty of motive. One thing I am concerned about is the other two ladies who were in on the rape of Seth. They have just completely become forgotten about, which is good, as long as they keep quiet.”

“They should, they have been funded well.”

“Thing is they have nothing to lose here, and if they felt more friendly with Ashley then they did you, they could come forward. CRIU will be after them, if they can get a confession from them on the rape, there will be a certain plea bargain for that testimony to be used in court to show how you would have been motivated to kill Ashley. From what I know too, you and Ashley each had a hand in paying them off. It cannot easily be said then, that they would not confess.”

“They wouldn’t, there’s no reason for them too.”

“CRIU is going to be twenty times more aggressive pursuing this then they were the rape. This time, it’s an equally powerful female athlete as you, whereas before it was just a mere male college student.”

“They have to put me on that flight, and they can’t. The only way it was possible for me to be in The Dark Star Republic at the time of the murder from the time where I was last publicly seen in Grande Mountain, was if I took that one Cascade Air flight. There is no record of me being on it. They can’t get over that hurdle.”

“At the end of the day, that is our defense. Yes. But we are going to need more then that, because CRIU will pressure them too. Did they use assumed names for that Cascade Air flight, too?”

“Yes. Yes they did.”

“Then they are going to have a real hard time proving it was you. We’ll be ok. Not going to be a fun time, but if they can’t get you on the flight, then there is reasonable doubt, and that is all that is needed.”

“Thank you Sarah.”

“When they talk to you, just keep expressing sad feelings about Ashley not being here anymore. Act offended when they start to accuse you, and go over and over again how it would have been impossible for you to have been there at the time of the murder. If they want to talk about the rape, don’t say anything other then its been proven by many agencies that the rape never happened. It will be an aggressive interrogation if Parker is leading it, but she knows she has to tread carefully with me. We will win.”

“Thank you.”
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

German Zerabithea
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 08, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby German Zerabithea » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:12 pm

BRO CALL!

"Hey dudes, It's Chad!

Chad

"J to the R, JR bro"

JR

"And this is...

Bro Football

Chad: Hey dudes and dudettes, welcome to Bro Football! Your number one source of brotastic news in the world of football!

JR: You got that right bro, and how about that Rams offense?

Chad: I know right? In just 2 games the Rams have scored almost 100 points, Shoemaker even set a franchise record against those wolf guys with 6 TD passes.

*The two high five each other.*

JR: That's not even the craziest moment of that game, let me load you down with that in our new segment, Jr Videos.

*The play is shown as JR talks over it*

JR: So this was in the 3rd quarter, Shoemaker just had his 4th TD pass. They line up for the kick and bam! They get a bad snap and away the ball goes, this could of been a disaster, but Katie Wisslespoon scooped up the ball and ran for the endzone. Whole line breaks apart as people are ether trying to get to her, or keep those guys away, and Bam! That 7 point gain just became an 8. Proving that even lady bros can be just as Brawsome as the guy bros.

Chad: That was beautiful dude.

JR: Thanks man

*The two high five each other once more*

Chad: At any rate, we'll be right back after this commercial break.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
98% of all internet users would cry if facebook would break down, if you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh then copy and paste this into your sig.

Sports Accomplishments
Winner of the 1st International Golfing Open! (Women)
Perfect season win in World Bowl 20

Stretta
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Stretta » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:06 pm

Stretta 29 - 13 Allamunnic States

This game was overshadowed by the assassination attempt on Regular's Head Coach, Ryan Smart, who was later hospitalised. His situation at one time was thought to be life-threatening, but later, it was revealed that he would return to the sideline for the next match.

Upon arriving at the stadium and learning of the incident for the first time, George Winters was said to be shocked and appauled. He asked officials to postpone the game (if his opponents agreed) in light of the news. However, after much deliberation, the game did eventually get underway at a slightly later than scheduled time.

Stretta opted to receive in the first half, and made a significant headway towards their goal of winning this tough matchup. With 14 points on the board in the first half (Hodges throwing to Boyis and Kendricks), and only one TD in reply from The Regulars, things were looking strong. Deep in the third quarter, at 14-7, The Regulars managed a second touchdown, and opted for the 2-point conversion to take the lead. Elwin, ripping through the offensive line, plowed into the QB Erikson, notching up his second sack of the day and ending the conversion attempt. This hit resulted in Erikson being removed from the game.

Five field goals followed after increased defensive pressure, including one of 57yds from "Big-Leg" Rabjohns, which saw Stretta close the game out at 29-13.

Casaran Day 3
Match Preview

Royal Kingdom of Quebec#7 - Stretta#11
Via Damascus Stadium, St Paulus

Royal Kingdom of
Quebec

WBXXII Record: 2-0
Betting Odds: 9/8
Casaran 1: The Royal Kingdom of Quebec 41–0 Emeralds United
Casaran 2: The Royal Kingdom of Quebec 28–26 Equestrian States

Story So Far...
There has been no news from the Kingdom so far in this World Bowl, but their path follows that of Stretta. Winning strong against a weaker team, edging out an equally rated team and now facing more hard games in this new and hard to get used to Casaran format.

They're a team most people expect to walk into the next round with ease, but as this format continues, they may find that becomes difficult to achieve.

Stretta

WBXXII Record: 2-0
Betting Odds: 7/4
Casaran 1: Stretta 24 - 0 Anditia
Casaran 2: Stretta 29 - 13 Allamunnic States

Story So Far...
Winning their second game against the Allamunnic States - not a foregone conclusion by any means - results in Stretta landing 9th in the table, right in the middle of the leading 2-0 pack.

Speculation over the head coach's icy relationship with the Strettan press in this World Bowl has a few players hot under the collars. The team seem to have rallied around Winters, which can only be good.

The Venue

Stretta's first trip to Saintland this tournament sees them face The Royal Kingdom of Quebec in quite possibly the most intimate gridiron stadium that any Strettan player has ever performed in. It will be a relatively quiet affair in the stadium which holds less than 40,000 fans.

The cold climate and strong possibility of snow in this match will not suit the Strettan team, and could lead to their downfall. Another "warmer-than-average" match will be the hope of every player, coach and fan.

Team News and Matchups

Oliver Lloyd saw some increased action in Stretta's previous match, as did back-up QB Farway in the 4th. You should not expect them to make an appearance in this game. Instead, expect the fully healthy Strettan side to take a strong position against Quebec in an attempt to eke out a win.

The defense of Quebec will be a match for the offensive line. Hodges will need to be on his toes, and be ready to scramble (something he is not strong at) if needs be. Dietrich proved his worth at right tackle, and can probably repeat the performance again. Expect Jason Kelsey to be targeted at center.

Other factors

The news from the last game, that Saintland want to shut down overly aggressive plays, could be a factor. Quebec are known for their hard-hitting, no-prisoners defence. Expect Quebec to be heavily penalised for this - which as far as Stretta are concerned, as long as they aren't bashed up too badly, is free yardage. It will make the task easier.

Players Sympathetic Following Victory
The Insider Report with Gabbie Tapadas

All the Strettan players were keen to send their thoughts out to Ryan Smart following the game. Coach Winters and QB Charlie Hodges would say only that they wished him a good recovery, obviously not wanting to take attention away from the attempt on his life.

Andy Elwin had a little more to say about the game. He spoke about his two sacks on opposition QB Erikson today. "He's a good QB, and play-caller or not, nobody in this game wants to see another man put out. It's a part of the game to deliver those hits, and to take them, but when it comes to injury, well... that's the dark side of football. I'm not happy about it, and I hope he's back playing real soon."

Elwin has a reputation in the SFL for his tackling. Hodges (playing against him) was once quoted as saying "this guy does not slow down or pull up before the hit, he just keeps coming like a steam train".

This is one Strettan side that are not openly happy about their win, but deep down must know they've done themselves proud!

New West Guiana
Minister

Founded: Sep 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New West Guiana » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:51 pm

Part the first
Part the second

megalomania: a psychological state characterized by delusions of grandeur
idyllic: 1. charmingly simple and serene 2. excellent and delightful in all respects
exigency: 1. a pressing or urgent situation 2. a sudden unforeseen crisis (usually involving danger) that requires immediate action
irreparable: impossible to fix, rectify, or amend
nepotism: favoritism shown to relatives or close friends by those in power

Match Day Two

A few short hours after our close loss to the co-host of Free Republics I was walking around the hotel we were staying at when I over heard a conversation between Max and one of the players, they were talking how the team hadn't enough money to get back to Saintland. When I was about to turn away Max opened the door and told me to step inside. He walked to a wood chair and sat down, "So Diane, since it appears that you enjoy eavesdropping, would you explain why the team has already run out of funds. Under the contract that the committee signs off on before each and every world bowl, the team should always have enough funds to get us from one place to another."

"Well Max, I don't know why or how the team hasn't any funds at the moment, but if.."

Max not liking my answer gets a piece of paper out, "I got an e-mail from the office that the WGFC has cut off all funding from our team, at this point unless we can either find enough money to get us back to saintland we have no choice but to forfeit. I am not about to do that."

Rubbing my hands together, "Max I don't know how this could have happened, I can make one call to the office and find out why we haven't any funds to get the team back to saintland."

Sighing, Max rubbing his chin, Fine, do that, but i expect a explanation."
--------------
Back in my room I call into the office but am told to e-mail Dan Shuler who is the clerk.

Code: Select all
To: donshuler@WGFC.gov

Money

Don I was just talking with Max and he says at this time the teams funding has been cut off, and asked me, more like demanded me to explain and find answers to why there is no money.

To: DianeF@WGFC.gov

Re: Money

Diane it's not good for the committee the police came in today while we were having our weekly meeting and had an warrant for Mike and Kyle. Apparently they both have been stealing from the funds for six years both when they served as CFO. The police and government cut our funds off at that point, I argued that doing so will put the team in jeopardy and they told me when at the first importunity to contact you which I was just about to do. So at this point we have no money and we can't take out any loans.

------------

Screwed, that is the first word that I could think of, we're screwed we have no money, and the government is sniffing out anyone who may have stolen money from the committee. My first though other than the obvious was how do i break this to Max, I know he is expecting an answer from me and will hunt me down if I do not show up at his hotel room door. But I have to if i must tell him this news find a way to get some good news, if we are barred form taking out a loan, then maybe De'Cader could help, after all he sent me here to learn a few things.

Even before I get to the computer to e-mail him, I get one from him:
To: DianeF@WGFC.gov

Problems I see

I see the WGFC is in a bit of trouble by what I heard on the news, I knew the committee was in bad shape but not this bad. Knowing from reports i do get from Jino you are trying your best to learn and at this point I can only assume that you are trying to find funds. Well I have appointed the team, not the committee [Strike]WG[/Strike] 2.9 million. Max jino will over see how these funds are spent and he alone will have control over the funds. Good day.

After reading this, I felt much, much better and finally much needed news for max. So i head down to his room and knock, he says come in and when he sees me his eyes stat glaring again. He asks me sternly, "So did you find out what you needed?"

I give im the bad news first, "Max I did, I emailed Don who you know is the clerk and he told me that the police walked into the weekly meeting and arrested Mike and Kyle, for they had stolen funds from the committee. I asked Don what about the other funds and he told me flat out that the police had frozen the committees account."

He sighed and simply looking out the window, "ANY GOOD NEWS?"

"Yes, De'Cader emailed me, and appointed the team, not the committee 2.9 million dollars. And he gave you controlling power over it all, that you are to over see how the funds are spent." I could feel the mood in the room change insistently, from cold and dark to bright and relaxed.

He turned back to me and I guess in disbelief, "So De'cader gave us almost three million and i'm in charge of it all. Well then i'll get the tickets and other things and you tell the players we're heading out, we'll make it but just. Tell them to meet me in the lobby in about half an hour"
--------
I'm walking down the hallway and knocking on the doors telling the players to meet in the lobby that the coach has something to tell them about the financial situation. While they're all walking to the lobby, I go to my room and write down the days report.

Today was quite hectic I got news and a good telling by max that the teams funds for the world bowl had run out, I was shocked by this because that was always my number one priority that the team always had enough money to travel from one game to another. Today we didn't for some time, we faced a situation that was very exigence we couldn't have seen this coming that the Gemsbrook PD would arrest two members of the committee then have our account frozen in the middle of the world bowl. At the start of the world bowl I can't say we had very much money in our coffers, we only had about 700,000 so even before we found this out we were crunching our numbers and watching every penny. The financial situation for the WGFC has been for many years irreparable, we knew that some one or people had been taking funds, but we been only able to find two i now wonder how long had the police been tracking members of the committee? But I will say that those who were arrested today and assuming more will follow must have megalomaniathey believe their lives must be full of the best of everything and will go out of their way to secure the needed money to continue that lifestyle.

Though the best part of today was when de'Cader emailed me saying he had secured around three million dollars for the team so we can continue our journey and I find what he did idyllic, with all the depressing news we have gotten these past few hours, that right there was the turning point and it has changed the mood. But I hear a knock on the door and Max is saying its time to leave.

Of course like daily the five new words come out:

wangle: : to resort to trickery or devious methods : to adjust or manipulate for personal or fraudulent ends.
ardent:. Enthusiastic or passionate. “He is an ardent sports fan.”
Assertive :Inclined to bold or confident assertion; aggressively self-assured.
Obfuscate :Render obscure, unclear, or unintelligible. Bewilder
Abrogate : Repeal or do away with a law, right, or agreement. “To abrogate a law.”
Last edited by New West Guiana on Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Domestic sports leagues

NS is just a state of mind, time has no boundary nor does our sanity.

Please ignore my senseless ramblings, I'm getting old.

Taeshan
Senator

Founded: Aug 11, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Taeshan » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:40 pm

Champions - Copa Rushmori 22, Cup of Harmony 35, Di Bradini Cup 19, World Baseball Classic 13, Gridiron World Championships (World Bowl 0), World Bowl 34, World Lacrosse Championship 2

World Cup Qualifications-41, 44, 46, 59, 61(RoS), 62(Quarterfinals), 63 (RoS), 64 (Quarterfinals), 83, 84 (RoS), 85, 87

Hosts-Cup of Harmony 55, Copa Rushmori 14, Sporting World Cup 10,
Quidditch World Cup 10, World Cup of Hockey 41, World Cup 87

Osarius
Senator

Founded: Mar 21, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Osarius » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:41 pm

"Wolves. It's always wolves." Leon Saint had muttered after discovering the identity of the Firebirds' opponents in the second round of the World Bowl. Of course, he is familiar with many kinds of wolves, having faced -- and beaten -- many during his own playing career. One would be forgiven for thinking that the Iron Wolves Osarius faced last night would turn out to be closer to the Nightwolves of Kryosis in skill than the formidable Steel Wolves of Kyoshiku, but you may have been unpleasantly surprised. The relative newcomers, with their oddly undersized quarterback, posed more problems for Osarius than anyone had anticipated. Though the Firebirds came away from the game with the victory, they had to fight for it, and the game was largely won on the strength of the defense.

"It was difficult for us to get the running game going today," conceded Henri Toulalan. "They closed a lot of gaps at the line, and their linebackers really made it tough for us to get things moving." The Firebirds' offensive co-ordinator admitted that these struggles were instrumental in the decisions to run a more noticeably pass-heavy offense than usual, which likely contributed to Luke Saint's lower-than-average completion rate, and two interceptions.

For all the offensive struggles across the course of the game, the Firebirds had started off looking extremely dangerous. Luke Saint was quick to establish the threat in the first quarter, leading his unit into the redzone on Osarius' first possession. A quick 8 yard pass to Karim Ouaddou put the favourites ahead. Perhaps wary of this threat, the Iron Wolves defense tightened up, and began choking the run game. Forced to throw more often, even Luke Saint was going to make mistakes. His horribly underthrown pass to Jesus Barrios in the second quarter was picked off easily by Dax, but fortunately the defense held the underdogs to a field goal.

The mistakes would continue, with Poynter fumbling under pressure from Sterling Bryant. Decimus recovered, and again, the Firebirds defense had to bail the team out, holding the Iron Wolves to a field goal yet again. That strong start had been all-but undone by two simple errors, and with the offense failing to find its rhythm, the pressure was mounting. Combined with some effective offensive play from the Iron Wolves -- Camacho praised the creativity of LaTierri after the game -- it was perhaps a relief that the Firebirds' lead remained intact at the half, albeit barely.

Not three minutes into the second half, the Firebirds would seize control again, though. It would be Clayton "Monsterghan" who would come to the rescue yet again. The defense had driven the Iron Wolves back to their own ten yard line, before the fearsome defensive lineman delivered a brutal hit on Caek -- the undersized, yet agile Iron Wolves quarterback with a penchant for running -- five yards behind the line of scrimmage. The Firewood phenom overpowered his blocker with ease, breaking free to chase down the much smaller, much quicker man. Perhaps the ease with which Monaghan had penetrated caught Caek unawares, as the elusive signal-caller was too slow to react and escape the hit. When it came, the ball was dislodged with enough force to send it bobbling out of bounds some five yards away, in the endzone. The referees on the field ruled it a safety, and the momentum shift was noticeable.

The run was still stuttering, but Luke Saint was beginning to get the measure of the agile Wolven secondary. "It was tough at times." Saint grinned after the game. "And I'm kinda glad we don't have to go up against that too often. There wasn't much room for error against those guys." The gamechanger was a fifty-six yard bomb to Jesus Barrios late in the third quarter to put the Firebirds two scores ahead. "I think we pretty much killed the game at that point." The elder Saint revealed post-game. "You could see more and more mistakes creeping into the Wolven game, particularly the DB trying to jump the route on that touchdown play."

In fairness to the Iron Wolves, they didn't roll over and die quietly. If not for a dubious penalty flag in the fourth quarter, things may have turned out differently. Caek, learning the dangers of the Osarian pass rush from the earlier hit, orchestrated an excellent gadget play culminating in a 45 yard Varius Payne touchdown. Caek handed off to Kendrickson, running the reverse. With the defenders' attention diverted, Kendrickson shovelled a lateral back to Caek, who had time to pick out the clutch receiver in the Firebirds endzone. When his attention was called to the flag on the play -- for holding, Benjamin Morris on Antonio Martinez, apparently -- Caek visibly sagged. "It was a rough call, I think. But you have to be careful where you put your hands in those situations." Martinez said, exhibiting a graciousness one might suspect is only afforded by victory. "It was a clever play, they fooled us. It's a shame it didn't pay off, but that's how it goes sometimes. We won because we had the advantage of experience, perhaps."
Monarch: Alexander III | First Minister: Mathieu Lupin | Population: ~125 million | Capital: Burningham, Mount Crown
Civilisation Index: 13.43 • Tier 7, Level 2, Type 5
Current Project(s): a discord scorination bot, and a football manager knock-off

Useful NSSports Stuff | RabaSport.net

||A Loyal Citizen of Wakanda||

Accardola
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Accardola » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:23 pm

Part One.
Part Two.

“So what do you do for fun around here?” Asked Mila.

“Erm, good question actually.” Jack said, struggling to think of something that made Bridgeport sound at least a little less lame. “In all honesty, there’s not much to do around here. Sorry to break it to you.”

“I imagine it’s a lot more fun during winter, yeah?”

“Well deep winter, yes.”

“What do you mean by that?” Mila laughed, not understanding.

“Well we don’t have spring or autumn here; it is summer for three months and winter for nine months. In the middle of the nine months it’s just really snowy and a lot of fun, that’s deep winter.”

“Pjotilla didn’t get a lot of snow, ever.”

“You’re going to have to deal with a few months of it I’m afraid.” Jack laughed. “It’s not much fun sometimes, football in that weather... wow.”

“Football, football, football, is that all you ever talk about Jack?” Mila said, teasing. “Come on, let’s do something!”

“But what?”

“I don’t know, you tell me, you’re the one that’s lived here for years and years.” Mila said, sighing. She was bored already; a small town like Bridgeport didn’t suit her. It was against everything she had ever known. Pjotilla City was a big city, with millions of people living there, the state was even larger in terms of population. It was a complete contrast to East Tavastia and the little town of Bridgeport. Mila just didn’t fit in, she was different because of where she had grown up and nobody really understood her, Jack wasn’t sure he did and he was probably the only person who had spoken to her at any real length.

“Come on then,” Jack said, standing up and then dragging Mila up after him. “Let’s go on a walk.”

“Oh yay, so much fun.” Mila said sarcastically, rolling her eyes. Jack was sure she was joking, but he could never really tell. Sometimes she was deadly serious and at others she was just being as unserious as anyone possibly could be. It was hard to tell, really. They had been spending some time lazing around in Mila’s ‘den’, her father had allowed her a whole room of the house just to sit around in. It was full of cushions and rugs and everything, it was comfortable, but Jack had laughed at it at first – something Mila had resented – but he had quickly relaxed and just lazed around with her, slipping into conversation easily.

The two had chosen to get up and do something now though – and Jack had been tasked with giving them something to do, which was tough. Jack didn’t know what to make of this girl from a far-off state, she was attractive and she was funny, but she was just a bit strange, different. He didn’t know how to talk to her half the time, not knowing what would happen if he said certain things. She didn’t seem to have any consistency in what she felt about things, one day she hated football, the next she was hanging out with possibly the most football mad person at her high school.

“Where did you leave my shoes?” Jack asked, confused. Mila smirked.

“Look outside.”

“You didn’t.” Jack said, the first snow of winter had fallen and although it was a light covering, Jack had a good idea of what Mila might have done when she had said she was getting something to drink. He slowly walked outside and spotted his shoes, filled with snow lying in the grass. Jack was going to get her back, he edged down the steps leading down to the ground and bent down to scoop some snow together before he felt a foot in his back and he was sent sprawling into the snow. All he could hear was Mila giggling at her handiwork.

“Got you!” She laughed.

“Yeah, just you wait.” Jack stood up and felt his feet suddenly turn extremely cold as water saturated his socks and touched skin. He winced a little at the sudden cold but then brought himself back to his senses and he scooped up some snow, moulding it into a ball with his hands and just as Mila realised what he was doing, he threw it, his quarterback skills making him more accurate than most might be and the snowball splattered right across Mila’s front, the sudden cold knocking the air out of her and leaving her only able to let a little screech out. Jack laughed.

“You’re in for it now Jack!” She shouted, pulling on her boots quickly and jumping down the steps. She quickly scooped up snow, Jack trying to do the same and just as he turned to throw it, a snowball hit him in the face. He let out a little yelp and Mila continued to laugh, the sound was quite different to most other laughs, it was light and almost... airy. It was unusual. Jack tried to scoop up another snowball but felt a greater weight hit him; Mila had jumped on top of him. The pair fell to the ground and rolled a little.

“Get off!” Jack said, trying to pull Mila off him so he could regain the upper hand.

“No never!” Mila had one of Jack’s arms pinned with her knee and was trying to get the other one down, the pair had fallen into laughter and were almost giggling at anything that happened. Jack was surprised by how strong she was, she wasn’t exactly muscular, she was slim and lithe but didn’t appear to be all that strong – but she had him well and truly pinned. Still, he wouldn’t exactly do the same as what she was doing right now, it’d be a bit weird.

“So, are we just going to stay here?” Jack asked, chuckling.

“Looks like it, doesn’t it.” Mila said. She smirked again and looked at the snow with a slightly, evil, glint in her eye. “I have a good idea...”

“No! No! Let’s not do that, come on now,” Jack pleaded as she began to scoop up snow and held it lightly above his head. It was far too cold for this sort of thing and Jack wasn’t sure that Mila realised just how cold it was and the sort of illness this could cause. Then he realised he was acting like a little girl and just prepared himself for the inevitable. He closed his eyes.

The first thing he felt wasn’t water, or the cold, but something else. It felt like, well, skin, or lips. Mila wasn’t pouring snow on his face but was instead kissing him. He wasn’t sure how to react, but he just lay there and when she pulled away he opened his eyes. She was still sat, further down his body, straddling his waist and smirking down at him. Jack wasn’t sure how to react, to smile to say something or what.

“Well don’t just lie there, come on, show me around!”

“So you’re saying that she just kissed you?” Mikey asked as the boys made their way to school. Johnny was driving, but didn’t say anything, he was apparently too shocked to be able to comment and instead just concentrated on driving.

“Yeah.”

“But... why?” Mikey asked, with sheer confusion lacing his voice.

“I don’t know, I mean I’ve spent a lot of time with her and she didn’t particularly want to leave Pjotilla City, so, I guess she just felt like something needed to be done or something...” Jack said, trailing off, not really knowing what to say or even understanding what had happened.

“It’s so weird man.” Mikey said, equally as unable to comment or comprehend the subject. “It just makes no sense whatsoever, like why would she do that? Do you like her?”

“I don’t think so no, I don’t really know her.”

“That doesn’t matter if you get some though.” Mikey said, grinning.

“Nah Mikey, she’s different, I don’t get it. It’s not just that though.”

“See, you must a bit, you wouldn’t be thinking it through this much if you didn’t.”

“Well, why not? It’s quite a strange thing to happen.”

“I don’t know. What happened after it?”

“We just went walking around, walked down to the woods and went around there a bit, it was fun I guess. I got my revenge anyway, she ended up in the water,” Jack laughed.

“Right on man!” Mikey laughed, “You really need to work this one out.”

“I know, but I need to concentrate. It’s the first game tonight isn’t it; we can’t afford to lose the opener.”

“I guess.” Mikey replied, "Are North Elkin any good?"

"Not really."

"So, knowing our luck we're in for a big loss then. Yeah?" Mikey grinned. He hated football, mainly because he'd never got involved in it himself. He felt as if he was missing out because he wasn't on the team and made himself perhaps even more of a class clown in order to make up for it. That was kind of his thing and he almost wanted to be known for something. Johnny was a senior and he was, similarly to Mikey, not a footballer. He was also a bit of a clown, but the pair got invited to all the parties all the same because they were known to be hilarious.

"Not if I have anything to do with it."

"Oh big man at quarterback over here…" Mikey laughed, "Hey Johnny we have a regular Mr. Problemsolver back here, reckons he'll be able to stop Bridgeport High losing this week." Johnny chuckled at Mikey's mocking tone and Jack did the same, even if he knew that what he said was probably true. If he had a good game, the team would have a good game - and playing under the lights in front of a home crowd normally made Jack play just that little bit better. He couldn't wait for the opening game, even if this new girl that had seemingly come our of nowhere was playing on his mind the whole time.

"Right, jump out boys, I'm going to have to find a decent place to dump this thing." Johnny said, forcing them to walk a few yards in the snow, even though he'd have to do the same shortly after. Mikey and Jack let out groans of despair but hopped out and picked their way through the snowiest parts of the paving until they reached the large entrance.

"How are things with Erik?" Mikey asked.

"He's been fine with me. Laughing and joking at practice and hasn't missed a block yet." Jack said, honestly. He had been surprised by how Erik had reacted, there hadn't been any retaliation, nothing, it was strange.

"Almost a little too quiet for my liking," Mikey said. "I'd be careful if I were you, don't trust him at all on that field."

"I don't plan to."

Jack could hear the shouts from the stadium overhead. The stadium would be packed out for the opening game of the season and everybody would be hoping that Bridgeport High would be able to get an opening day victory. Jack O'Mara was the name on everybody's lips, alumni were hoping he'd be the one to give their old school a bit of the spotlight, fellow pupils were talking about him for various reasons and the opposition knew he was the main threat they would have to deal with. It would be a tough game all around and Jack knew the majority of the pressure was on him.

He could hear the chants overhead and it sent tingles down his spine, the hairs raised on his arms and he shivered. He loved football season.

"Okay boys," Came Coach's voice, "This is it. All those double sessions, all that practice and dediction. This is where it all starts paying off. This is what we've been working towards and we all need to be ready. Are we ready?" He asked.

"Yes coach!" Came the team's collective response.

"North Elkin High. A respectable team. They can play football, but we are going to play better. Why? Because we aren't going to let all that training go to waste. We know what we're doing out there, every man knows how to play his position and how to play this sport. Are we ready?" He asked again.

"Yes Coach!" Came the collective response for a second time. Coach Wilson was pacing around the room still, looking every player in the eyes with a look of defiance. He was trying to impose it onto his players, to force them to play in his image on the field.

"People have written us off for far too long, Bridgeport High have never been called a great high school football program and I resent that notion and I hope you all do too." Coach Wilson was starting by speaking quite quietly this time, slowly raising his voice as the anticipation rose, "We're a great team and we're not going to let anybody dictate to us how good we are. We follow our fundamentals, we follow the playbook and we read the opposition and we go out there and win this game! Are we ready?!" He shouted the final question as the team's anticipation reached breaking point.

"Yeaaaaaaah!" Came the response as the team's pent-up anticipation and aggression started to pour out, which was just fine, Coach Wilson wanted them playing angry and playing to win.

"Great, go out there and win this game! Go on, get out there!" He said, slamming his hand against someone's helmet as they filed out into the tunnel and began to run out onto the field. He noticed one particular player taking their time though and it was the one he wanted to talk to in particular. Number Two. Quarterback. Jack O'Mara. He put his arm across him blocking his path out to the tunnel.

"Coach?" Jack wondered, confused.

"There's a lot of pressure on you tonight Jack, no doubting it, but go out there and play your normal game. Play the game the way you want to play it, don't let their defence make you play it on their terms. If you can spot the middle linebacker, point him out, if you read blitz give everyone a warning. Change the play if you think it's necessary. It's in your hands Jack, go out there and show everybody how great you and this team are."

Jack nodded. He had a job to do. He walked out into the tunnel, clicked his chin straps into place and took a deep breath. It had all gone quiet outside, they were waiting for one person, the starting quarterback, him, Jack O'Mara. He walked forward slowly, then began to jog out, he could smell the grass and the night air and by the time he was in the open he could feel the cold air hit him. The bright lights and camera bulbs flashing momentarily blinded him before he was deafened by the roar of the crowd.

Saintland
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Saintland » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:44 pm

Royal Palace, St. Petrus, Saintland

King Paulus XV was sitting on his throne when his son Petrus walked in. The previous day had seen a number of shocking upsets. However, the most shocking were the upset by San Jose Guayabal over Cassadaigua and the upset of West Guiana by the Free Republics. They discussed the World Bowl so far and their plans for the remainder of the competition.

Prince Petrus - Father, everything is going according to plan so far. Today, we took care of business against Gaveo, improving to 2-0. The Holy Casaran has matched us up with Kinzar next.

King Paulus XV - Very good. Now, beat Kinzar. It is reasonable to assume that you will only need 5 wins to advance out of the Casaran stage. You already have 2 of those 5 wins. Now get that 3rd win and you'll only need to win 2 out of your remaining 5 to practically assure your spot in the group stage.

Prince Petrus - But, I want to win every game.

King Paulus XV - And I will do everything in my power to ensure that you do exactly that. This is the World Bowl, but it is OUR World Bowl. The referees answer to me and they will do as I tell them to do or they will be assigned to officiate Gregoryisgodistan games.

Prince Petrus - I wouldn't wish that on anybody. How many fans did they kill or maim for saying the word coconut?

King Paulus XV - They're Godless barbarians, but we already knew that.

Prince Petrus - Can you believe that Lzherusskia actually thought that we'd rig a game on behalf of German Zerabithea?

King Paulus XV - I have nothing against Zerabithea or Lzherusskia, nor do the Republicans. Lzherusskia should look at what they did to New Wolfopolis, a more experienced team than they are or at what they did to you in the first game of World Bowl XX.

Prince Petrus - Definitely. The only nations that have anything to worry about on that front are the cheapshot artists, the talking horses, the women who don't know their place and our opponents on that particular day.

King Paulus XV - You can say that again. Unless you fit into one of those categories, you have nothing to worry about from me.

Prince Petrus - For the Republicans, take out women who don't know their place and add in Esportivans.

King Paulus XV laughed.

King Paulus XV - Actually, that's just Rule Theriault and Nova Hellstrom. Coach Allen doesn't hate Esportivans or, if he does, I didn't notice it.

Prince Petrus - Still. We need to make sure that the wrong sorts of teams don't win this World Bowl.

King Paulus XV - You're not going to find any disagreement from me.

Prince Petrus - Unfortunately, it is too cold at this time of year to flood the Royal Stadium field prior to a game against the Talking Horses. If we did that, the field would be covered in ice.

King Paulus XV - No need. When it snows, we can choose whether to remove the snow. If you're playing in a low-scoring game and need a snowplow to clear a path for the kicker or need a path to not be cleared for the opposing kicker, we can do that.

Prince Petrus - That's why its great to be the host.

King Paulus XV - Yes it is. Petrus, I have a favor I need to ask of you.

Prince Petrus - What might that be, Father?

King Paulus XV - When your useless brother Andreas gets home from Valanora after disgracing my Kingdom, I want you to make sure he comes to see me, so I can personally tell him off. I still can't believe that his harebrained schemes have led to the National Team falling in the KPB rankings for the first time ever. Now, all of our talk about the Will of God seems hollow.

Prince Petrus - I still can't believe what a disgraceful performance that was. Andreas looked dominant in those friendlies and then he let those Trolls take the group right out from under him.

King Paulus XV - Petrus, you must have been reading too much of Rule Theriault.

Prince Petrus - They're trying to renege on deals that they agreed to, in order to deprive Koby Theodore of the quality education and soccer training that he needs.

King Paulus XV - I see where you're coming from, but no. I don't want a rivalry with that nation. The next thing you know, they'll be spreading lies about us all around the region of Esportiva.

Prince Petrus - But, look on the bright side. This is the World Bowl, the premier event in international sports and we're hosting it, along with the Republicans. Who knows, maybe the Republicans will host the World Cup next year and we'll finally have a fair and impartial World Cup host.

King Paulus XV - Meaning, of course, that they will be on our side. I'm sure they'd be just as impartial a host of the World Cup as we are of the World Bowl.

Prince Petrus - And that would be a very good thing, for us.

The King of Saintland continued his conversation with the Heir to the Throne and captain/quarterback of the National Gridiron Team for a while longer, but most of the important things had already been said. Other than the participants, nobody else heard this conversation.

OOC: Any corruption is purely IC.
Why I left NS Sports
NS Sports Results | Saintland Press | Commentaries on the WA's resolutions 7-22-14 update: Complete through #125 |
World Baseball Classic 27 co-host | World Bowl XXII host | World Cup of Hockey 23 host | Various Rankings | King Paulus XV Memorial Games
Official Name: Regnvm Sanctvsterra
Official Name in English: Kingdom of Saintland
Monarch: King Paulus XVI
Demonym: Sanctii
Trigram: SNT

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 17, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:15 pm

QZX 13
VET 10

In a defensive slugfest, Qazox blocked a game-tying FG attempt with 9 seconds left to escape Vettrera 13-10 to improve to 2-0. After a pair of Haqemdal field goals early in the 2nd, Vettrera ran back the ensuing kickoff to take a 7-6 lead. A 6 yard TD run by Marcos early in the 4th made it 12-7, but a holding penalty wiped out the 2-point conversion try. Vettrera did cut the lead in half with a 41 yard FG. After a failed Sharks 4th and inches attempt from the Vettrera 42, five plays later Vettrera set up for the game-tying FG attempt from 38, but Darrin Royce slipped through and just got enough of the kick to send it squibbing out of bounds.

Up next, Qazox will play San Jose Guayabal. In big news, Allamunnic States lost to Stretta, after an assassination attempt on Ryan Smart. While Qazox and the Regulars can barely stand each other, Qazox will wear a RS patch on their uniforms for the next game and will request tne Allamunnic National Anthem be played instead of our own.

SCORE SUMMARY
QZX- 43 yard FG by Haqemdal (3-0 Qazox)
QZX- 47 yard FG by Haqmedal (6-0 Qazox)
VET- 94 yard KO Return for TD, PAT good (7-6 Vettrera)
QZX- 6 yard TD run by Marcos, PAT by Haqemdal Good (13-7 Qazox)
VET- 41 yard FG (13-10 Qazox)
Wikipage/Qazox National Football Team
Qualified for World Cups 31, 33, 35-50, 54-59, 61, 62. Runners-up: CoH 52
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

San Jose Guayabal
Minister

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby San Jose Guayabal » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:50 pm

TOUCHDOWN MAGAZINE

The big challenge.

After having defeated Cassadaigua Baughmerica and a not so difficult way, Eskimos prepare to face Qazox, the hardest opponent that could have just played with the Casaran system tournament.

According to statements by the coaches and the tactical team coordinator, has tried in generally to the team in defensive aspects and defensive aspects, then this game will be high offensive power because both teams have strong offenses, so also is necessary to neutralize the offensive power of the opponent through a good defense.

The essence of the game today is that SJG could climb in the standings of the tournament and reach top of the tournament.

The match will be played today at the stadium Civitate Dei in Saintland, the venue of the tournament, which is very crucial for the Eskimos because they help hold internationally.

You can watch the game in the different bars at the national level, national stadiums and in http://www.sjgstream.gu/touchdowntv
Not so active as before - Hail Alianza FC! - Football is my drug, Alianza FC my dealer!

Nassau-Hessen
Envoy

Founded: Jul 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nassau-Hessen » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:51 pm

Eagles Lose Winnable Game, Maintain Decent Rank

The eagles, since their baptism, felt the grueling, cold, and hard iron of loss once again. Against a team with a slightly offensive rhythm and lots of number prejudice, the Eagles are not doing bad, however they could do better. After a few possessions on either team to no avail, Trevor Lampman (after an unfortunate slip on a return by Pete Hawick and an incomplete) was sacked for the first time in his carrier. After a great forty yard touchdown pass by the Wildcats, The Hessians responded with vigor by a upbeat drive that led to a touchdown by Walt Tino. After another touchdown by the opponents in the second, the half soon came to a close. It became notable that the Wildcats, although coming from the bestest of government types (Corporate Bordello to be exact), seemed to be disorganized and befuddled by the odd numbers of the Red and Purple (totally unexpected, the players took pride in their good old oddly placed numbers). After a fair touchdown by the Wildcats, the kicker himself got so distracted from the odd numbers that he kicked the ball into the upper seats, giving the Eagles good position for an eventual thirty nine yard field goal. The game was well over, however the Hessians did get an amazing fourth down Hail Mary touchdown from Elijah McGrane that the Wildcats deemed pointless even though it had intense awesomeness according to some spectators. All in all, as the title stated, winnable yet not too disappointing.

Last edited by Nassau-Hessen on Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Caek of the Wolfen
Secretary

Founded: Nov 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Caek of the Wolfen » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:12 pm

Iron Wolves Wolves Lose Defensive Battle to Osarius Firebirds 16-6

The Iron Wolves tested their defensive strength today in their match-up against Osarius. Osarius, however, proved to be the better team. Turnovers were a problem for both teams, hence the low score, be it Osarius's monster of a pass rush, or Caek of the Wolfen's agile defensive secondary. Also, Caek's height proved to be a problem as well. The 5'9" Quarterback (and our leader) had some passes tipped at the line because of this. Other than that however, things went normally for the Iron Wolves. Osarius, however, was not really able to start up much of a running game, and also was not able to rely on their passing game as well, because of agile secondary members like CB #28 Deion Dax, who had two interceptions today, one being an amazing one-handed catch going deep to the Firebird's . Near the end of the game, though, Osarius was able to step it up, breaking away from the 6-7 game with a safety, caused by a monstrous hit by Osarius's Clayton "Monsterghan" on Caek.

The Firebirds got the ball to start the first half. The game started with a bang, as #7 Luke Saint lead his unit to the endzone on a long drive, ending with a quick pass to TE Karim Ouaddou. This however, was not gotten without a fight. On most plays, due to linemen #69 Doug "The Thug" Glatt as well as #65 Brutus Aegelius "The Sentinel" swallowed up runs on the line, and, on some plays, for losses of up to 6 yards. Saint was forced to pass into a quick, fast, and dangerous defensive secondary. This attributed to the fact that this play was a long 13 plays long, and took them over 11 minutes to find the endzone.

The second quarter, however, was all Iron Wolves territory.
Even though Caek of the Wolfen had the ball going into the second, they were forced to punt it away as the noticeably tough Firebirds defensive line was penetrating the line almost every play, making it extremely difficult for runs, and not giving Caek enough time for a longer pass. However, an extremely underthrown pass from Saint was picked off "Neion" Deion Dax, running it out to the 37, putting the Iron Wolves in field goal territory. But, in fact, it was only in that territory they would stay. Osarius held the Wolves to a 29 yard field goal, by Dylan Gilbert. The Firebirds received kickoff and got themselves to the 33. Trying out their running game again, they ran to #36 Aaron Poynter, who broke through the line. His run looked hopeful, until Free Safety Eddie Farrell knocked him up, loosening the ball enough to fumble it. Bradley Decimus, who was in hot pursuit of the runner, saw the ball and immediately picked it up, looking for a scoop and score, but was pushed out. The Firebirds line held strong again, limiting the Wolves to yet another Gilbert field goal.

During the half, Coach Crnkovic spoke with the team about momentum and how he felt it was shifting in their favour. Sonny commented that Caek should try to utilize more of the options and his famous Draw Lateral Pass, as Osarius seemed to be falling for them, for the most part. Defensive coordinator Thrackerzod praised the secondary on a job well done in the first, and an especially well timed interception from Dax. The team, pumped up by their late half comeback, broke loudly and made their way back onto the field.

However, the teams enthusiasm was crushed when not even a little into the half when Clayton Monaghan sacked Caek pretty hard, and knocked the ball loose. Even though LT #99 Benjamin Morris fell on it, the ball was in their own endzone, and was ruled a safety. Caek was seen walking off his the field with his head held down as the defensive unit took the field once more. However, Dax jumped late on a long pass to the Firebirds' WR #14 Jesus Barrios, and missed the pick. Barrios took it to the house, tipping the scales toward Osarius, as they seemed to be running away with the game.

However, this wasn't the end of the Wolves scoring threats. Halfway through the fourth, Caek decided to bring out his so called "ultimate play", one in which he called "the Draw-Lateral Pass". Caek faked a handoff to the Fullback and gave it to #18 A.J. Kendrickson on some kind of end-around play. The defensive line openly shifted to tackle him, but before he was hit, Kendrickson lateral'd the ball back to Caek, who hit an extremely open Varius Payne for a touchdown pass of 45 yards. But to Caek of the Wolfen's disadvantage, there was a flag on the play. The referee called holding on Morris, who had seemingly threw down DE #99 Antonio Martinez. The Wolves weren't able to get any other offense, and the Firebirds ran out the clock.

Offensive Coordinator Santino "Sonny" LaTierri" commented on the offense's performance as, "a poor effort, and a poor job as well" at the later press conference. After the game, Caek, who had taken the monster of a hit to casue a safety, was asked what was going through his mind on that play.
Caek: "Honestly, man, I didn't see him until he was breathing right over me, and at that point all I thought was 'Oh my God! It's an ambush!' and tried to immediately skitter out of there. Monaghan put his hands in just the right place, like right under the ball, that ball just popped out, y'know? Anyways, it was a good, competitive game, and the more experienced team came out on top. 'Grats to the Firebirds and we wish them luck the rest of the World Bowl."

The Iron Wolves will play #45 Azurlavai, who are coming off a 10-37 win against the Polar Islandstates, at the Podez Field in the Free Republics. Tickets are available online for cookies and USD, or at the stadium for USD or Thalers only. So if buying at the stadium, as always, remember to convert cookies to one of the acceptable currencies.

Scoring Summary
TeamSummaryScoreTime
Osarius
"Firebirds"
Pass completed to TE #88 Karim Ouaddou for 8 yards. TOUCHDOWN!
Extra point good.
0-71st Q.
3:22
Caek of the Wolfen
"Iron Wolves"
K #3 Dylan Gilbert 29 yard field goal try good.3-72nd Q.
13:53
Caek of the Wolfen
"Iron Wolves"
K #3 Dyaln Gilbert 22 yard field goal try good.6-72nd Q.
5:23
Osarius
"Firebirds"
DT #60 Clayton Monaghan SACK. FUMBLE!
Iron Wolves recover in their own endzone. Saftey.
6-93rd Q.
13:20
Osarius
"Firebirds"
Pass completed to WR #14 Jesus Barrios for 56 yards. TOUCHDOWN!
Extra point good.
6-163rd Q.
3:27
FINAL
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6-16FINAL
Demonym: Wolfen
Currency: cookie
National Animal: Thunderwolf
Caek of the Wolfen is set in an area with extreme colds, and temperate warms.

Saintland
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Saintland » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:28 pm

Its time for a belated

Cutoff for Casaran Day 3
Why I left NS Sports
NS Sports Results | Saintland Press | Commentaries on the WA's resolutions 7-22-14 update: Complete through #125 |
World Baseball Classic 27 co-host | World Bowl XXII host | World Cup of Hockey 23 host | Various Rankings | King Paulus XV Memorial Games
Official Name: Regnvm Sanctvsterra
Official Name in English: Kingdom of Saintland
Monarch: King Paulus XVI
Demonym: Sanctii
Trigram: SNT

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:25 pm

Gregoryisgodistan 18–0 New North Aqmuland

"Good evening, I'm Newscaster LNNZBXB, the new host of the Gregoryisgodistan Sports Report at 9. Let's get right to the highlights of today's World Bowl matchup between Gregoryisgodistan and New North Aqmuland.

"The Grid Slaves came out onto the field carrying two banners. One read "PRAISE LORD ALMIGHTY GREGORY" and the other read "DEATH TO SHERIFF AKRAM" in reference to a Republican sheriff who made ridiculous threats against Gregoryisgodistan.

"We pick it up with 13:51 left in the first quarter. NNA with the ball at their own 15, and Adrián Çircumvois drops back to pass. He is walloped by Enemy Crusher Carl Paladino and suffers a concussion. More importantly, the ball pops loose and Defected Chicago Bear Brian Urlacher runs it in 13 yards for a touchdown. The Grid Slaves convert the two-point conversion and lead 8-0.

"Meanwhile, Circumvois is out for the game with the concussion. 2:01 left in the second quarter, and Yasser Al-Hassen drops back to pass. He is intercepted by Defected New York Jet Darrelle Revis, who returns it 39 yards for a touchdown. Two point conversion is good, and it's 16-0 Grid Slaves at the half.

"3:18 left in the third, Al-Hassen with the ball at the Gregoryisgodistan 12, he drops back to pass, but Enemy Crusher Jurgen von Streudel sacks him, the ball pops loose, and Chef ASHBA13 falls on it at the Gregoryisgodistan 21 to end the scoring threat.

"12:14 left in the fourth quarter, NNA deep in its own territory, and James Yubu gets the handoff but is tackled in his own end zone by Enemy Crusher Samuel "Porky" von Porker, who had come in as a third defensive tackle on the play to try to force the safety. The Grid Slaves lined up in a 5-3-3, with five linemen, three linebackers, one safety, and two cornerbacks. They send all five linemen and Defected Chicago Bear Brian Urlacher, and it works. They force the safety. 18-0 Grid Slaves.

"That would be the final score. The Gregoryisgodistan offense failed to produce, managing only 108 yards, but they held their opponent to just 53 yards and forced five turnovers plus the safety. It was a huge game for the Grid Slaves defense.

"Meanwhile, the enemy crushers sent a powerful message to Sheriff Akram that they were truly superior. Let's listen to an interview with captain Enemy Crusher Carl Paladino."

"We showed Sheriff Akram who is boss. We are the enemy crushers. Be afraid of us. We shall dominate your nation. We shall invade. We shall crush you. I am an enemy crusher. Fear me. Sheriff Akram is a moron. May Lord Almighty Gregory curse him to an afterlife of torture and pain. I only wish I could crush him to death, but our transportation departs right after this game. We don't know where we are heading yet, though, so I'm not sure exactly how that's going to work. Heck, we don't even know what country we're going to. All we know is that we are playing the Royal Kingdom of Quebec. They are the seventh best team in the world. I am sure it will be tough. BUT WE WILL CRUSH THEM! I WILL CRUSH THEM! SURRENDER TO ME, THE ENEMY CRUSHER!"

"After this commercial break, we will preview the International Baseball Slam."

"Hi. My name is Enemy Crusher Carl Paladino. You may know me as the star of the Gregoryisgodistan football team, crushing enemies to death. But today, you may call me Enema Crusher Carl Paladino because I am here to tell you about a new product, the enema crusher. Do enemas cause you pain when you have to take them for medical issues like insubordination disorder, draptomania, or prune allergies? They used to cause me pain too, but then I found out about the enema crusher. It's only one letter off from my glorious job, and it is just as effective at reducing the enema pain as I am at crushing enemies and other football players. Simply take the enema crusher when you take the enema and it will reduce pain by up to 78 percent guaranteed or your money back. Call now and get 14 doses of enema crushers for only 5,000 greggygodbucks, that's a new low price of 5,000 greggygodbucks. That's enough for two whole weeks if you take enemas once a day, or one week if you take them twice a day. But wait, if you call in the next 20 minutes, we will throw in 14 more enema crusher doses for FREE! You just pay an additional 10,000 greggygodbucks in shipping and handling. That's 28 enema crushers for free! Call 1-800-58-CRUSH right now to order!"
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Super-Llamaland
Senator

Founded: Jan 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

RP

Postby Super-Llamaland » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:34 pm

Daily Quotes!

North Nikcoro Courier: Warriors drop to Knox Valley by 21, but recover versus Polar Islandstates
Denizen Daily: Gridiron squad is 1-2, Mendelev pondering style
Randomnews.com: Man fakes own kidnapping to avoid paying taxes

Llamaland Gridiron! The best spot for Darwin Mendelev controversy and changing top lines!

Pas mal!

-Derrick Sanchez, Top Contributor

Well, look at that. The Llamaland Warriors actually won something. Not that we're a good team, but we won. Only five more or something until we can actually dream about qualifying.

It would be easy to blame the Casaran or the defense or the Saintland feng shui, but I'll cut to the heart: Darwin Mendelev doesn't fit the offense.

I mean, if you hire a "Run-run-run, screw passing" coach in Justin Boyd and he hires his "run-run-run" mates from the semipro circuit, then you probably wouldn't be very well off hiring a quarterback who plays for a "pass-pass-pass" coach and flourishes there.

Darwin Mendelev is a pass-first QB. In a run-first offense, he ends up getting none of his signature long passes and ends up trying to play Russian Roulette in the short passing, where he's not familiar or comfortable. I mean, five interceptions against Taeshan is acceptable, they have a phenomenal offense, but four against Knox Valley? Come on, Darwin. He threw six touchdowns in the 37-20 whipping of Polar Islandstates, but he still ended up with four interceptions.

Anyway, do you know who's a good QB? Mike Bradley. Our 25-year-old third stringer, who is a great short passer but couldn't throw anything within twenty yards of a Hail Mary if his life depended on it. Perfect for the job!

Hire Bradley and sack Mendelev, coaches. Please. Our 1-2 record is staring imploringly at you. With Bambi eyes.
The Eighth Llamanean Republic
Capital: New Llama City, Population: ~56,000,000
5x World Baseball Classic champion (28, 30, 31, 40, 42)
Yue Zhou • Savigliane

Anditia
Envoy

Founded: Dec 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Anditia » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:55 pm

Wolves ground Eagles 14-3
Ala D'Aubin-FREE REPUBLICS

"Despite a relatively defensive struggle, we were able to ride The Rhino (RB #21 Liam Uberarra) to 110 yards and a touch. No mistakes from (QB Marc) Barnhardt and good game management allowed us to stick with it and play our style of game - gritty and pounding" Head Coach Nestor Gregori opined during his press conference following the 14-3 win against the Accardolan Fighting Eagles earlier today during the third day of World Bowl XXII hosted graciously by Saintland and the Free Republics. He looked off into the distance and sniffed and finished the conference with a tear in his eye "We played good football. OLD SCHOOL football. The way the game should be played."
Gregori and his Anditon Wolves were fairly competent in their game against the well matched Fighting Eagles. A similar team to the Wolves on both offense and defense, the Wolves were well prepared for their opponent. The defense worked quite well to stop the Eagles offense causing three turnovers (compared to the one fumble on a punt by Anditia- leading to the Eagles only score). One of these turnovers, an interception by SS #40 Shifa Bavat was returned 34 yards to the Accardolan 21 yard line, leading to Uberarra's touchdown for the day. Additionally, another sack by MLB Demarcus Heslund highlighted the defenses action.
Young WR Sherwood Pai and Barnhardt were able to connect for 5 completions for a total of 88 yards (of which 68 were after the catch - including one catch and run for 42 yards) and a touchdown during the third quarter of the game.
"The play-action was working for us again. It was good to see Pai getting some touches - his relationship with Barnhardt has really been coming along, it should only improve in the future." Offensive Coordinator Marc Fangol commented. "Hopefully they can keep it going against Estope. They've got a good offense and a decent defense - we've got to keep scoring to stand a chance."
During their three games, Estope has scored a total of 103 points (compared to Anditia's 27) and 52 during their most recent game (a win against Hop Nation but has allowed over twice as many points as Anditia has (56 by Estope compared to 27 by Anditia).
"This game is the classic oil/water game. You know, the unstoppable force versus the immovable object. We just need to make sure that our immovability is much more immovable so that we can stop the unstoppable." Defensive Coordinator Myles Gallo mentioned. "We just need to play our game and make sure to give our guys on offense don't need to do too much. Stop their offense so that ours can slow the game down."
It should be an exciting game no matter how you look at it, but we predict that the 15th ranked Estope will give the Wolves all that they can take. Still, I have faith in the strong defense slowing the Estope offense and power running tiring their defense to provide a win for Anditia:
Anditia 24 - Estope 21

West Angola
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 15, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby West Angola » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:24 pm

(OOC: I apologize this is so late, I've been dealing with a hectic schedule and a breakup)

WEST ANGOLAN WORLD BOWL XXII ROSTER

Coaching Staff:
Head Coach: Henry Thomas
Offensive Coordinator: Chris Winston
Defensive Coordinator: Rick Garret
Special Teams Coordinator: Paul Gregory

Offense:
QB: Peter Simmons
FB: Kevin Knight
HB: Justin Hollings
HB: Isaac Young
WR: Brodie Achtinson
WR: Sean Parker
WR: Blake Christopher
WR: Zach Gregs
TE: Jordan Olsen
TE: Vince Allen
LT: Tony Azar
LG: Kerry Brogan
C: Cory Mandujano
RG: Scott Gordon
RT: Jack Frazer

Defense:
LE: Jon Randle
RE: Rich Dias
DT: Quinn April
DT: Scott Logan
LOLB: Eddy Ford
MLB: Craig Davis
ROLB: Jim Paquette
CB: Jeremy Ussery
CB: Evan Branner
FS: Stewart Bedell
SS: Pierre Goldsby

Special Teams:
K: Will Lewis
P: Xavier Rhodes
KR/PR: Justin Hollings

Base Offense: I-Formation, Double Tight End
Base Defense: 4-3 Zone
Economic Left/Right: -4.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.95
Fourth Place: Cup of Harmony 59; Runner-Up: Cup of Harmony 55; Champion: Cup of Harmony 57

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 17, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:26 pm

QZX 14
SJG 10

Yes, Qazox' typical offense has yet to be seen in the past two games; but as one of the last 9 unbeaten teams, perhaps they are luring the other teams into a trap? A 14-10 win over San Jose Guayabal, punctuated by 2 goal line stands in the 4th quarter helped the Sharks escape the upset attempt by SJG. For the first time Carlos Marcos was held under 125 yards and without a TD either. But 219 yards on 18 of 21 passing by Nate Jackson was enough. Shawn Davenport caught two TD passes in the 3rd quarter to give Qazox a 14-7 lead, after the Eskimos struck first with a 34 yd TD pass from Jimenez to Espana.

Up next Qazox faces Karditan in a match that may be a playoff preview.

SCORE SUMMARY
SJG- 34 yard TD pass from Jimenez to Espana. PAT by Ferrufino good. (7-0 San Jose Guayabal)
QZX- 12 yard TD pass from Jackson to Davenport. PAT by Haqemdal good. (7-7)
QZX- 19 yard TD pass from Jackson to Davenport. PAT by Haqemdal good. (14-7 Qazox)
SJG- 50 yard FG by Ferrufino. (14-10 Qazox)
Last edited by Qazox on Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wikipage/Qazox National Football Team
Qualified for World Cups 31, 33, 35-50, 54-59, 61, 62. Runners-up: CoH 52
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

New Wolfopolis
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Wolfopolis » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:07 pm

Wolfpack Takes Second Loss in a Row
by Javier Johnson, International Sports Correspondent
johnsonj@lupiniatribune.nw

The Pack of the Gridiron lost for the second game in a row, this time to #16 Texacano, 23-10. This puts the Wolfpack to a 1-2 record, and ranked at #52. For Texacano, quarterback Abel Wolfe dominated the Wolfpack, throwing 25 passes in 32 tries for 318 yards and 2 touchdowns. The other touchdown came on the ground from running back Murray Glass. Defensively, the star was Bret Camacho, who had 5 sacks, one for a safety, a forced fumble, a pass batted at the line, which he intercepted, and 8 non-sack TFL. Cornerback Caleb Haley and safety Avardo Henry also pitched in with an interception each. Here's what some Wolfpack players had to say.

"It's dissapointing," said quarterback Peter Plourde, who threw three interceptions today. "We started this thing off with a bang, but now we've lost two in a row, one to a group of college kids. I think we might've come in with some extra confidence, knowing that we were playing against kids from college. Then again, New Wolfopolis college sports aren't quite on par with other nations, as UNI has proved in NSCF. But still, we thought we'd be able to at least compete against some team consisting entirely of college students. We were wrong."

"I definitely imagined it differently," said offensive captain Eduardo Davis. "The offense wasn't playing well, the defense wasn't playing well, and really, we didn't compete well. Plain and simple. We can't so blatantly underestimate our opponent like that. That loss is on us, no doubt about it. We need to take these games seriously and try. We've scored 20 points combined in the last two games. That's not even remotely close to enough to win ballgames. We need to play better football, that's it."

New Wolfopolis takes on #41 Jeckland tomorrow at the beautiful Royal Stadium in Saintland. You won't want to miss it. You can catch it on NWSN at 11:05 NWT.
New Wolfopolis
Demonym: Wolfopian | Capital: Lupinia | Location: Esportiva | Trigramme: NWW | Population: 168,000,000
Proud member of the WA
new.wolfopolis@gmail.com
Champion: None
Second Place: Watterson Bowl I
Third Place: BoI XIV, IBS III, WHS I
Fourth Place: IWC
Host: WBC 30, IWC, Maple Leaf Bowl II, KWC III, NSCAA ACC
Co-Host: IBS III, IBS IV
Founder of World Hoops Showcase
Member of the WBC Council
Also, our sports teams are the Wolfpack, not the Wolves.
Super-Llamaland wrote:"But coach...that's so...that's so New Wolfopolis!"
"Yeah, New Wolfopolis is a good team."
"No, that's not what I meant! It's--organized!"

IRC
00:19:38 — SousChefTrib tenderly massages the Wolfie meat

Need a sports logo? Try Kaplewof!

Free Republics
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:17 pm

Schedule for Casaran Day 4

#1 Saintland vs. #8 Stretta @ Royal Stadium, Saintland
#2 Karditan vs. #7 Qazox @ Gem of the Oceans Stadium, Free Republics
#3 German Zerabithea vs. #6 Taeshan @ Via Damascus Stadium, Saintland
#4 Darmen vs. #5 Ko-oren @ MilaneseDome, Free Republics
#9 Thatius vs. #11 Cassadaigua @ Royal Stadium, Saintland
#10 Lunar Republic Islands vs. #33 Kinzar @ Nicholls Enterprises Stadium, Free Republics
#12 Caek of the Wolfen vs. #34 TheStonedSurfers @ Church of Saintland Stadium, Free Republics
#13 Ati Kaluraya vs. #32 Gaveo @ Civitate Dei Stadium, Saintland
#14 Allamunnic States vs. #31 The Sova Empire @ Podvez Field, Free Republics
#15 Estope vs. #30 Anditia @ Via Damascus Stadium, Saintland
#16 Texacano vs. #29 The Serbian Empire @ R&K Bank Stadium, Free Republics
#17 West Guiana vs. #27 Osarius @ Civitate Dei Stadium, Saintland
#18 Vettrera vs. #26 West Angola @ RayDome, Free Republics
#19 Zhenovia vs. #28 Free Republics @ PetroDome, Free Republics
#20 The Royal Kingdom of Quebec vs. #25 Gregoryisgodistan @ Olden Stadium, Free Republics
#21 San Jose Guayabal vs. #24 The Fair Republic RepublicSoft Stadium, Free Republics
#22 Equestrian States vs. #23 Shadowbourne @ Royal Park, Saintland
#35 Nassau-Hessen vs. #58 New Tebow @ Nicholls Enterprises Stadium, Free Republics
#36 Cosumar vs. #57 Juan Del Pastel @ Civitate Dei Stadium, Saintland
#37 Chunnan vs. #56 HopNation @ Gem of the Oceans Stadium, Free Republics
#38 Unolia vs. #54 Emeralds United @ Podvez Field, Free Republics
#39 Accardola vs. #55 Torisakia @ Via Damascus Stadium, Saintland
#40 The Glorious Commune vs. #53 Azurlavai @ Church of Saintland Stadium, Free Republics
#41 Jeckland vs. #52 New Wolfopolis @ Royal Stadium, Saintland
#42 Anarchist States of America vs. #51 The Knox Valley @ RepublicSoft Stadium, Free Republics
#43 New North Aqmuland vs. #50 Baughmerica @ MilaneseDome, Free Republics
#44 Yttribia vs. #49 Super-Llamaland @ Royal Park, Saintland
#45 Lymantatia vs. #48 Audioslavia @ Royal Stadium, Saintland
#46 Independent Digital Systems vs. #47 Lzherusskia @ Olden Stadium, Free Republics
#59 German Shepherds vs. #61 MoonBase Fourcannon @ R&K Bank Stadium, Free Republics
#60 Sjovenia vs. #68 Zeneabo @ PetroDome, Free Republics
#62 Polar Islandstates vs. #67 Lisander @ RayDome, Free Republics
#63 Hamdrew vs. #66 New Koln @ Royal Park, Saintland
#64 Quakmybush vs. #65 Gloriax @ Gem of the Oceans Stadium, Free Republics
Last edited by Free Republics on Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66, WBC 46, World Bowl XXXVIII, World Cup 85
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, Games of XIII Olympiad, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII, XXXI & XXXVIII, WBCs 42 & 46, RUWC 25
Current Senior Consul: Nova Hellstrom-Hancock (Golden Age)
Current Junior Consul: Samuel Izmailov (Nat-Gre)
Demonym: Republican
Trigram: FFR
Official Nation Name: Federation of Free Republics
Stop Biden: Vote Trump!

Caek of the Wolfen
Secretary

Founded: Nov 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Caek of the Wolfen » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:23 pm

Iron Wolves deal crushing defeat to Azurlavai

With the recent loss to the Osarius Firebirds, the Wolves used this to fuel the blowout that ensued today. The score was 30-7, with Caek of the Wolfen coming out on top.

The game was a blowout from the start. The Iron Wolves won the toss, and surprisingly chose to receive rather than kick as they normally do. Caek and "Neion" Deion Dax were back to receive the kick. Deion recieved it in the endzone, and ran it out. 4 guys scrambled to tackle him. Before they tackled him however, Dax lateral'd it back to Caek, who had been tailing him the whole time, and ran through the whole they had created, who took it to the HOUSE. Azurlavai's offense took to the field, and quickly got booted off. However, the defense held us here, forcing us to punt. Azurlavai started to march down the field, until a huge hit by Brutus Aegelius "The Sentiel" knocked the ball loose, and the newcomer Patrick McDunn, who had just subbed in for Bradley Decimus, picked up the ball and ran 33 yards to the endzone. A #SCOOPnSCORE for the Iron Wolves put them up by 14 by the end of the first.

The next quarter did not contribute to much, mainly the two teams punting back and forth to each other. However, in the five minutes of the half, Azurlavai's quarterback underthrew it, and Danny Elwin picked it off, running it back 41 yards into the endzone for a Caek of the Wolfen touchdown.

Coach Crnkovic praised the works of both the offense and defense of the past half as they went in. Offensive Coordinator LaTierri stated he would not be playing starters as the issue of injuring one could jeopardize the team in the future. Defensive Coordinator Thrackerzod discussed that the defense would not also be playing their starters. The rest of the halftime, the starters messed around while the backups got ready and warmed up.

The third quarter was all back and forth. Both teams were evenly matched at this point, as the backups were in. However, on a play near the middle of the third, Darnell Evans went back to punt. Except he didn't and passed it to a wide open Dane Bernard for a 78 yard Caek of the Wolfen TOUCHDOWN! At this point, most of the stadium had emptied, as this game was over already. The Wolfen led 28-0 at the end of the third.

The final quarter was a bit different. Finally, the Azurlavai team forced a fumble from Dane Bernard at the 22 yard line, giving them great field postion. After a few tries, they were able to punch it in with their running back. Feeling confident they could do it again, Azurlavai tried the onside kick. This time though, it actually worked. The clock, however was winding down, at almost 3 minutes, and they could not score in that amount of time. The Iron Wolves eventually drove them back so far that #78 Oleg Blair was able to sack the quarter back for a safety. At this point, there was only 40 seconds remaing, so after the punt-off, the Wolfen ran out the clock. The final score: 30-7.

As always, remember to convert your currency for the upcoming game at Church of Saintland Stadium against #34 TheStonedSurfers, who are coming off a 38-3 win against Hamdrew. As usual, tickets will be sold at the stadium or online.

Scoring Summary
TeamSummaryScoreTime
Caek of the Wolfen
"Iron Wolves"
Kickoff return of 104 yards from lateral of CB #28 Deion Dax to #24 Caek. TOUCHDOWN!
Extra point good.
7-01st Q.
14:37
Caek of the Wolfen
"Iron Wolves"
LE #55 Patrick McDunn recovers fumble and runs it in 33 yards. TOUCHDOWN!
Extra point good.
14-01st Q.
9:36
Caek of the Wolfen
"Iron Wolves"
Pick-six from underthrown pass to Danny Elwin for 41 yards. TOUCHDOWN!
Extra point good.
21-02nd Q.
4:33
Caek of the Wolfen
"Iron Wolves"
P #3 Darnell Evans fake punt pass to WR #22 Dane Bernard for 78 yards. TOUCHDOWN!
Extra point good.
28-03rd Q.
6:43
AzurlavaiGeneric Running Back #2 runs it in for 6 yards. TOUCHDOWN!
Extra point good.
28-74th Q.
5:01
Caek of the Wolfen
"Iron Wolves"
Oleg Blair sacks Generic Quarterback #7 for a safety.30-74th Q.
1:20
Last edited by Caek of the Wolfen on Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Demonym: Wolfen
Currency: cookie
National Animal: Thunderwolf
Caek of the Wolfen is set in an area with extreme colds, and temperate warms.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports