NATION

PASSWORD

The Last of us RP: OOC (Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:17 am

Galter Gulcher wrote:How old is your computer? Manufacturer? Memmory left?

9 years, Dell, and uh..not sure.

Vonver wrote:Well with technology you get exactly what you pay for. This is true. Pay 250 for a laptop, good for business, nothing else. Pay 800+, you can play Halo. :D

$800 range pretty much lets you play most, if not all current PC games.

Vonver wrote:It's a 5 year old Pisario Compaq. It was designed for business use, the processor is 2 gigahertz, which is on the weak side, most of the RAM is taken up including the hard drive, I only got 5-7 more months before microsoft runs out support of the software which is Windows XP. I got a new laptop, so I figured I would keep using this untill it craps out for good. But whatever, this computer has been a good one.

They're phasing out Windows XP? :unsure: . Good thing my dad is getting free Windows 7 stuff from a friend.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Vonver
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vonver » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:21 am

Corrian wrote:
Galter Gulcher wrote:How old is your computer? Manufacturer? Memmory left?

9 years, Dell, and uh..not sure.

Vonver wrote:Well with technology you get exactly what you pay for. This is true. Pay 250 for a laptop, good for business, nothing else. Pay 800+, you can play Halo. :D

$800 range pretty much lets you play most, if not all current PC games.

Vonver wrote:It's a 5 year old Pisario Compaq. It was designed for business use, the processor is 2 gigahertz, which is on the weak side, most of the RAM is taken up including the hard drive, I only got 5-7 more months before microsoft runs out support of the software which is Windows XP. I got a new laptop, so I figured I would keep using this untill it craps out for good. But whatever, this computer has been a good one.

They're phasing out Windows XP? :unsure: . Good thing my dad is getting free Windows 7 stuff from a friend.

Yep, so my computer will become a relic. LMFAO, if I keep it for 40 years, well it will be worth something. 8)
WIP

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:24 am

Vonver wrote:Yep, so my computer will become a relic. LMFAO, if I keep it for 40 years, well it will be worth something. 8)

I have a computer fan running noisily right now. Mine won't live for 40 years :P

My entire family uses XP, so definitely good we are getting that.
My Last.FM and RYM

Galter Gulcher
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Galter Gulcher » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:32 am

Corrian wrote:
Vonver wrote:Yep, so my computer will become a relic. LMFAO, if I keep it for 40 years, well it will be worth something. 8)

I have a computer fan running noisily right now. Mine won't live for 40 years :P

My entire family uses XP, so definitely good we are getting that.

Alright, to check Memory go to
Start>Documents>Computer>
Then at the top you should Hard Disk Drives, there you should see some kind of bar meter, thats how much memory you have.

Also, for the Computer Fan,
1. Turn off Computer
2. Open case.
3. Dust out computer.
Last edited by Galter Gulcher on Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature.
Screw the NSA.
I support gay marriage.
I am against Gay attitudes towards pretty much anything.
Hungary people need to just eat some endangered animals.
Mallorea and Riva should be awarded for their actions.

Pinki3 Pon-3
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pinki3 Pon-3 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:07 am

Or one of your power cables is brushing the blades. Just run the fan outside the case, you'll find what's wrong soon enough.
Join The City of Steam Mk. II
And don't forget Hearthwood
OOOH!!! And please join Of knights and time . . . There's time travel. You know you want it.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:14 am

Galter Gulcher wrote:Alright, to check Memory go to
Then at the top you should Hard Disk Drives, there you should see some kind of bar meter, thats how much memory you have.

Didn't find anything.

Also, for the Computer Fan,
1. Turn off Computer
2. Open case.
3. Dust out computer.

I know that one :lol2:

I need to stop forgetting to do that.

Pinki3 Pon-3 wrote:Or one of your power cables is brushing the blades. Just run the fan outside the case, you'll find what's wrong soon enough.

Once I had a power supply fan that kept going off and on from making noise, and it had nothing to do with dust. Well, sometimes maybe, but eventually one time it was being all crappy, I rebooted my computer, and my power supply fan was like crawling and not really working at all.

That was the day we got a new one.
My Last.FM and RYM

Galter Gulcher
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Galter Gulcher » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:21 am

Corrian wrote:
Galter Gulcher wrote:Alright, to check Memory go to

Didn't find anything.

What OS are you using? 9 years old you said? So your using XP right? Assuming your using Windows.
Last edited by Galter Gulcher on Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_[' ]_
Screw the NSA.
I support gay marriage.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:09 pm

Galter Gulcher wrote:
Corrian wrote:Didn't find anything.

What OS are you using? 9 years old you said? So your using XP right? Assuming your using Windows.

Yeah, XP. And yeah, 9 years old.

I probably just missed it even though I checked repeatedly. Despite living with my dad who has lots of computer experience, I kind of suck when it comes to computer tech stuff.
My Last.FM and RYM

Galter Gulcher
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Galter Gulcher » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:14 pm

Corrian wrote:
Galter Gulcher wrote:

Yeah, XP. And yeah, 9 years old.

I probably just missed it even though I checked repeatedly. Despite living with my dad who has lots of computer experience, I kind of suck when it comes to computer tech stuff.

Okay, with XP you do this:

Start>Control Panel>Settings
_[' ]_
Screw the NSA.
I support gay marriage.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:56 pm

My sister wants to join. Do you think she could join without getting any major game spoilers?
My Last.FM and RYM

Galter Gulcher
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Galter Gulcher » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:00 pm

Corrian wrote:My sister wants to join. Do you think she could join without getting any major game spoilers?

I dont see why not.

And did you check memory?
_[' ]_
Screw the NSA.
I support gay marriage.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:16 pm

Galter Gulcher wrote:I dont see why not.

There really isn't much to it involving the game itself anyway.

Still didn't see it. I'll ask my dad about it later. He probably knows my computer better than I do :P
My Last.FM and RYM

Galter Gulcher
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Galter Gulcher » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:27 pm

Corrian wrote:
Galter Gulcher wrote:I dont see why not.

There really isn't much to it involving the game itself anyway.

Still didn't see it. I'll ask my dad about it later. He probably knows my computer better than I do :P

Yeah, its easier to do it in person.

But are you sure, you should have seen something that said Memory(RAM): Somethine KB OR GB.

If not, I dont know what to tell you.
_[' ]_
Screw the NSA.
I support gay marriage.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:41 pm

Hello. I'm Corrian's sister. Hoping I can join this without getting spoilers. What I should do is just play the game :P
Times are looking grim these days~

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:53 pm

Galter Gulcher wrote:But are you sure, you should have seen something that said Memory(RAM): Somethine KB OR GB.

I have 1.24 GB of ram. I got no specific bar showing how much I have left, though. Pretty sure that is what my 'upgraded' ram had as its max.

Either way, pretty crappy ram...
My Last.FM and RYM

Galter Gulcher
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Galter Gulcher » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:55 pm

Corrian wrote:
Galter Gulcher wrote:But are you sure, you should have seen something that said Memory(RAM): Somethine KB OR GB.

I have 1.24 GB of ram. I got no specific bar showing how much I have left, though. Pretty sure that is what my 'upgraded' ram had as its max.

Either way, pretty crappy ram...

Yeah, it could be they only came up with the Memory left bars until like Vista (that's what OS I am using.) And yet, I have 6 GB.

But yeah delete some stuff like Cookies and unused documents, that might help/
Last edited by Galter Gulcher on Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_[' ]_
Screw the NSA.
I support gay marriage.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:07 pm

Galter Gulcher wrote:Yeah, it could be they only came up with the Memory left bars until like Vista (that's what OS I am using.) And yet, I have 6 GB.

But yeah delete some stuff like Cookies and unused documents, that might help/

I think my computer can only max out at 2. Unless my ram like, dies, there's no point in even bothering upgrading. Better off just getting a whole new computer when we can instead of easing this one up to something slightly better than the crap it is.

But yeah, the computer could definitely use some fixing up. It just seems to run really slow lately.
My Last.FM and RYM

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:25 pm

Nation Name: Terintania

Single Person or Group: Single person.

Single Person Name or Group Name: Cathal O'Regan

Appreance:

Single Person Equipment (be realistic no more than 10 items): A backpack, which contains his clothes and some supplies such as food and water. A handgun(With only one clip of ammo) and a crossbow, as well as a quiver with some bolts(He makes his own bolts), a flashlight, a blanket, a gas mask, and some first aid supplies.

Group Ideaology:

Group/Person Location: Near Dillion, Calorado

Breif Summary on Group/Person: Cathal was born to Irish parents who had come from Ireland before he was born, wanting to travel the world despite the infection. He was born and raised in a small community that had been enforced so it would be safe from the Infected. It was hard living, but they made do. Until a gang decided they wanted the place for themselves. They attacked the community, killing anyone who stood against them. Cathal managed to escape with a friend of his, unwilling to leave his parents behind, but also unwilling to disobey them when they told him to leave. His friend, who was a girl his age (They were 10), escaped in to the woods and fended for themselves ever sense. Though they had lived in a safe place, their parents made sure they could defend themselves, just in case. Cathal had been given his dad's crossbow before they left, and although it wasn't the best weapon ever, it helped them survive. His friend had been given a handgun from her dad. Through more luck then skill, they managed to survive. Cathal is now 19, and he and his friend had ended up getting separated about a year ago. He still has faith that she's alive somewhere, and hopes to find her again sometime in the future.

RP Example: viewtopic.php?p=18036278#p18036278

Technology Summary:

Character Two

Single Person Name or Group Name: Leroy Talisman.

Appearance:
Like this, but with glasses:ImageImage

Single Person Equipment (be realistic no more than 10 items): A bow, a quiver full of home-made arrows. He also has a frying pan, which he weirdly enough uses as a weapon, if need be. He has a backpack, which contains first aid supplies, some clothes, food and water, a flashlight, his gas mask, and a bedroll (Tied to the top of the backpack). He also carries a compass and a map.

Group Ideaology:

Group/Person Location: Somewhere outside of Fort Wayne

Breif Summary on Group/Person: Leroy has always been a traveler. He was raised among a group of people who traveled around from place to place, never staying still for long. He loved it, even though it was a bit scary at times. With all this traveling, you would think he would have gained some sense of direction, but one thing he has never been good at is finding his way around. Getting lost, however, was something he is exceptional at. Despite this, when he was 20, he decided to go his own way, and travel on his own. Despite being directionally challenged, he was never terribly affected by it, because he never had a particular place that he wanted to go, so he didn't have to worry about getting lost. He is now 36, and is still wandering around with no particular goal in mind.

RP Example: See first app.

Technology Summary:
Times are looking grim these days~

Vonver
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vonver » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:36 am

Terintania wrote:Nation Name: Terintania

Single Person Name or Group Name: Cathal O'Regan

Appreance:

Single Person Equipment (be realistic no more than 10 items): A backpack, which contains his clothes and some supplies such as food and water. A handgun(With only one clip of ammo) and a crossbow, as well as a quiver with some bolts(He makes his own bolts), a flashlight, a blanket, a gas mask, and some first aid supplies.

Group Ideaology:

Group/Person Location: Near Dillion, Calorado

Breif Summary on Group/Person: Cathal was born to Irish parents who had come from Ireland before he was born, wanting to travel the world despite the infection. He was born and raised in a small community that had been enforced so it would be safe from the Infected. It was hard living, but they made do. Until a gang decided they wanted the place for themselves. They attacked the community, killing anyone who stood against them. Cathal managed to escape with a friend of his, unwilling to leave his parents behind, but also unwilling to disobey them when they told him to leave. His friend, who was a girl his age (They were 10), escaped in to the woods and fended for themselves ever sense. Though they had lived in a safe place, their parents made sure they could defend themselves, just in case. Cathal had been given his dad's crossbow before they left, and although it wasn't the best weapon ever, it helped them survive. His friend had been given a handgun from her dad. Through more luck then skill, they managed to survive. Cathal is now 19, and he and his friend had ended up getting separated about a year ago. He still has faith that she's alive somewhere, and hopes to find her again sometime in the future.

RP Example: viewtopic.php?p=18036278#p18036278

Technology Summary:

Character Two

Single Person Name or Group Name: Leroy Talisman.

Appearance:
Like this, but with glasses:(Image)(Image)

Single Person Equipment (be realistic no more than 10 items): A bow, a quiver full of home-made arrows. He also has a frying pan, which he weirdly enough uses as a weapon, if need be. He has a backpack, which contains first aid supplies, some clothes, food and water, a flashlight, his gas mask, and a bedroll (Tied to the top of the backpack). He also carries a compass and a map.

Group Ideaology:

Group/Person Location: Somewhere outside of Fort Wayne

Breif Summary on Group/Person: Leroy has always been a traveler. He was raised among a group of people who traveled around from place to place, never staying still for long. He loved it, even though it was a bit scary at times. With all this traveling, you would think he would have gained some sense of direction, but one thing he has never been good at is finding his way around. Getting lost, however, was something he is exceptional at. Despite this, when he was 20, he decided to go his own way, and travel on his own. Despite being directionally challenged, he was never terribly affected by it, because he never had a particular place that he wanted to go, so he didn't have to worry about getting lost. He is now 36, and is still wandering around with no particular goal in mind.

RP Example: See first app.

Technology Summary:

Accepted! :D
WIP

Vonver
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vonver » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:44 am

Pinki3 Pon-3 wrote:Or one of your power cables is brushing the blades. Just run the fan outside the case, you'll find what's wrong soon enough.

Well unless it's a laptop, many if not all of them are very difficult to get into.
WIP

Pinki3 Pon-3
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pinki3 Pon-3 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:24 am

Vonver wrote:

Well unless it's a laptop, many if not all of them are very difficult to get into.

They most certainly are . . . It's like they don't want me to mess with it.
Mine started giving fan troubles. I fixed it after a lot of struggling.
OOOH!!! And please join Of knights and time . . . There's time travel. You know you want it.

Vonver
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vonver » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:58 am

Pinki3 Pon-3 wrote:
Vonver wrote:

They most certainly are . . . It's like they don't want me to mess with it.
Mine started giving fan troubles. I fixed it after a lot of struggling.

Well I think they did that mainly to prevent those who don't have the knowledge to do computer work to get into their laptop, so it's a smart idea to be honest. But I even seen people at computer shops have a WTF moment with a newer computer, they figured it out, but I think it's more or less liability reasons too, especially if a moron forgets to unplug the thing and gets electrocuited. But then again you also got smartasses who can read a book on computer and then dive in and fix it. I love being book smart, life is awesome. But then again technical stuff comes natural to me. Fixed my first toy when I was seven, a airplane launcher. Actually had my Mom buy me a new one I could take apart and use the parts of the new launcher to fix my old one, it worked great when I put it back together. But that was 13 years ago, I moved on to cars and computers, oh, and HVAC, going to school to get a technical certificate in HVAC, it combines all of my passions into one. Plus HVAC is big. :D
WIP

Pinki3 Pon-3
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pinki3 Pon-3 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:47 am

I'm a grease monkey. I come from a family of grease monkeys, (my grandfather took apart the gearbox of my mothers first car and made her put it back together before she could drive it). As for fixing toys, I fix them. . . Sort of. I prefer working with gears and such (Steampunk :D ) and then there's software . . . I don't know . . . Maybe its because I love computers and treat them more like people than I treat some people but software just loves me. I touch a computer and suddenly everything works, I even managed to get a blackberry to stop lagging once. Unfortunately, it leads to many, many occasions where I've had to explain to the teachers at school how to use an optical drive.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:03 pm

And I just stare at my computer all day...

I need hobbies beyond music listening and video games :P
My Last.FM and RYM

Galter Gulcher
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Galter Gulcher » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:21 pm

My hobbies are mainly writing code and apps or building robots. I remember, back in Highschool with the Robotics team, I was like the only person in there who had previous experiences with robots.... It sucked, there was one kid in there who didnt even know how to use a compiler, and hell, when I tried to see if he could point out were the Motorsheild on the robot was, he was clueless.

I just hope once I finish Comunity College I can get into CMU, THATS BEE THE DAY
Last edited by Galter Gulcher on Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_[' ]_
Screw the NSA.
I support gay marriage.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse