NATION

PASSWORD

M1 Mission Adaptable Standard Infantry Rifle [NO POSTS HERE]

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]
Pharthan
Minister

Founded: Feb 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

M1 Mission Adaptable Standard Infantry Rifle [NO POSTS HERE]

Postby Pharthan » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:51 am

Go To Halcyon Arms Storefront For Purchase

RESTRICTION LEVEL ONE

Description:

The M1 MASIR is a shoulder-fired, gas operated, magazine-fed, adjustable-stock, selective-fire, bullpup weapon system, primarily filling the role of assault rifle, but also possessing the capabilities of a sub-machine gun, battle rifle, sniper, and designated marksman's rifle with an additional belt-fed squad automatic weapon variant.

The M1 MASIR was designed as a replacement rifle. It's "Mission Adaptable" title comes from the ability to quickly swap out barrels between missions, or in the field if resources allow. This minimizes the number of receivers needing to be built to fill all missions, and to build them more as needed for personnel. For additional adaptability and customization, the M1 MASIR makes heavy use of the picatinny rail system. In order to be able to fill all roles, the M1 MASIR was designed as a bullpup weapon; it can provide firepower of a battle rifle within the lengths of average carbines. By placing the firing assembly behind the ergonomic pistol grip, several inches are saved, allowing for either a more compact weapon in comparison to counterparts, or a more powerful, longer-barreled weapon of the same overall length as it's competitors. The design promotes overall stability; placing the firing-assembly between the shoulder and grip allows for greater dispersion of force and creates a down-force towards the hand rather than an up-force away from it, allowing for the user to better compensate for recoil. Additional compensation is provided by directing excess gases to counter the recoil through the gun, positionally above the user's hand, and downwards.

The MASIR line was designed very much with the infantryman in mind. Originally, the MASIR was intended to use an all 6.8mm round, favoring the size closer to the 5.56mm standard NATO round, while favoring heavier firepower more akin to the 7.62mm - this was considered heavily feasible by the fact that the M1 MASIR is designed to replace all facets of infantry rifles. The 7.62mm model, the M1H was added to provide heavier firepower for models such as sniper rifle roles, battle rifles, and squad automatic weapons. The M1 utilizes an ergonomic grip for the easy of carry, and can easily have picatinny grips added, as well as any other picatinny system. The standard designs can accept all 5.56 NATO, 6.8 SPC magazines or 7.62mm STANAG depending on what the weapon is chambered for.

While the M1 MASIR naturally features a slotted flash-suppressor, it can be easily swapped out for other barrel designs. The stock barrel design is heat-treated and hammerforged, utilizing gain-twist polygonal rifling. This promotes longevity of the weapon through easier maintenance and lessened erosion of the barrel-throat. As well, the design is less prone to barrel failure or carbon build-up. The polygonal rifling provides a better gas-seal, allowing more efficient use of the gases involved in the firing process, allowing for better recoil-compensation through their use. This seal also provides a marginal increase to accuracy. Halcyon Arms specifically takes great care in heat-treating the barrels through use of extended soaks and heat-up and cool-down times in the hammer-forging process, taking great care to ensure that accuracy is maintained by minimizing residual stress. While a long, complicated, and often taxing process, the quality of each barrel is superb.

While the M1 MASIR comes in right and left-handed models, each can be effectively used ambidextrously via the ergonomic grip and a firing system designed to project the shell forwards and away from the user. A right-hand-design rifle will eject the shell forward and away from a left-handed user's face safely. This also prevents users from accidentally losing brass within their clothing or that of their compatriots, moving the shells away from the traditional firing-line and cleans up their battle-area in not having so many brass shell-casings underfoot. The slide-action and fire-selectors are located on both sides of the weapon.

Go To Halcyon Arms Storefront For Purchase
Last edited by Pharthan on Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:48 pm, edited 28 times in total.
HALCYON ARMS STOREFRONT

"Humanity is a way for the cosmos to know itself." - Carl Sagan
"Besides, if God didn't want us making glowing fish and insect-resistant corn, the building blocks of life wouldn't be so easy for science to fiddle with." - Dracoria

Why haven't I had anything new in my storefront for so long? This is why. I've been busy.

Pharthan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Pharthan » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:55 am

PACKAGES
$5000
  • M1 Reciever (1)
  • M1 DMR Barrel (1)
  • M1 Carbine Barrel (1)
  • M1 Commando Barrel (1)
  • M1 PDW Barrel (1)
  • HA TacLight (1)
  • HA ACOG 4x Scope (1)
  • HA Holographic Sight (1)
  • Forward Grip (1)
  • Bipod (1)
  • 30 Round Magazines (6)

$4200
  • M1 Reciever (1)
  • M1 DMR Barrel (1)
  • M1 Carbine Barrel (1)
  • HA TacLight (1)
  • HA ACOG 4x Scope (1)
  • Forward Grip (1)
  • Bipod (1)
  • 30 Round Magazines (6)

$3500
  • M1 Reciever (1)
  • M1 Commando Barrel (1)
  • M1 PDW Barrel (1)
  • HA TacLight (1)
  • Forward Grip (1)
  • 30 Round Magazines (6)
M1 MASIR
5.56mm NATO / 6.8x41MM SPC Remington Model
Domestic Production Rights: $5 Billion NSD

Unit Cost:$1800
M1 MASIR
Mission Adaptable Standard Infantry Rifle
Designated Marksman's Rifle
Caliber: 5.56x45mm NATO or 6.8x43mm SPC Remington
Barrel Length: 23"
Effective Range: (5.56: 980 meters) 950 meters
Rate of Fire: 820 rounds per minute
Weight: 8.5lbs
Magazine: 5.56 or 6.8 STANAG Magazines
Operation: Gas Operated, Recoil-Countering
Features: Picatinny Rail System, Mission-customization, Adjustable Stock
Selective Fire: Semi-automatic, Fully Automatic
While functional as a medium range system when the DMR Barrel is attached to the MASIR weapon system, the DMR model primarily excels in putting rounds far down range in rapid succession. It is remarkably useful as a sniper rifle for a regular infantry squad.

Unit Cost:$1600
M1 MASIR
Commando / Carbine / Designated Marksman's Rifle
Barrel Length: 16"
Effective Range: (5.56: 660 meters) 620 meters
Weight: 7.1lbs
The M1 Carbine is ideal for all engagements, excelling in medium-range combat. This model of the barrel-design is primarily intended as an Assault Rifle, and is considerably shorter than many of it's Assault Rifle Counterparts, as well as far more stable, leading it to both long-range accuracy and close-range maneuverability.

Unit Cost:$1500
M1 MASIR
Commando
Barrel Length: 12"
Effective Range: 400 meters
Weight: 6.6lbs
The M1 Commando is designed as a high-powered SMG, giving soldiers in CQC combat the full power of an assault rifle with a size shorter than even some Submachine Guns. It is still functional in medium-range combat.

Unit Cost: $1400
M1 MASIR
PDW
Barrel Length: 9"
Overall Length: 17"
Effective Range: 200 meters
Weight: 5.7lbs
Features: Picatinny Rail System, Mission-customization
The M1 PDW system requires additional modification to be used as intended - if converting from any of the other models, in addition to a barrel-swap, the stock must also be modified, removing the adjustable section and attaching the butt directly to the receiver. The M1 PDW experiences more recoil, but is designed to give vehicle crews a fighting chance, as well as functioning as a CQC weapon.

Last edited by Pharthan on Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:40 am, edited 22 times in total.
HALCYON ARMS STOREFRONT

"Besides, if God didn't want us making glowing fish and insect-resistant corn, the building blocks of life wouldn't be so easy for science to fiddle with." - Dracoria

Why haven't I had anything new in my storefront for so long? This is why. I've been busy.

Pharthan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Pharthan » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:59 am

PACKAGES
$5000
  • M1 Reciever (1)
  • M1 Sniper Barrel (1)
  • M1 Battle Rifle Barrel (1)
  • HA TacLight (1)
  • HA ACOG 4x Scope (1)
  • Forward Grip (1)
  • Bipod (1)
  • 30 Round Magazines (6)
M1H MASIR
7.62x51MM NATO Model
Domestic Production Rights: $5 Billion NSD

Unit Cost:$2900
M1 MASIR
Sniper Rifle
Caliber: 7.62x51mm NATO
Barrel Length: 26"
Overall Length: 39"
Effective Range:1050 meters
Weight: 10.5lbs
Magazine: 7.62mm STANAG Magazines
With a barrel longer than many snipers, yet an overall length shorter than some Designated Marksman's Rifle, the M1H Sniper design is intended to act as a lightweight sniper for combat situations, allowing snipers to put several rounds downrange rapidly and accurately.

Unit Cost:$2600
M1 MASIR
Battle Rifle
Barrel Length: 20"
Overall Length: 33"
Effective Range: 720/ meters
Weight: 9.1lbs
Magazine: 7.62mm STANAG Magazines
The M1H Battle Rifle excels in medium-to-long range combat, and even functions as a DMR, though is it designed as a Heavy Assault Rifle, meant to put down foes rapidly and without mercy. It gives the common soldier the ability to strike down even the most crazed of enemies, and it still allows for considerable maneuverability for it's weapon type.

Unit Cost: $4100
M1 MASIR
Squad Automatic Weapon
Barrel Length: 20"
Overall Length: 33"
Effective Range: 720 meters
Weight: 15.1lbs
Magazine: 7.62mm Box Magazines, 7.62mm STANAG Magazines (Emergency Load Port)
While much of this rifle is different from it's M1H brethren, the M1S still uses the same round and many of the same rifle parts where it is able to while still ensuring it won't overheat during heavy use. The M1S is meant to put heavy rounds downrange at an intimidating rate and to give soldiers using these weapons use of them as if they were assault rifles, if the need arises.

Last edited by Pharthan on Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:49 am, edited 16 times in total.
HALCYON ARMS STOREFRONT

Pharthan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Pharthan » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:59 am

Reserved
HALCYON ARMS STOREFRONT

Pharthan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Pharthan » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:33 am

Reserved
HALCYON ARMS STOREFRONT

Tongarlia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tongarlia » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:51 pm

To Halcyon Arms

I would like
NS$1800 m1 masir X100,000

This will cost NS$1,500,000

Thank you
Tongarlia
Hello
yeeeeeet
hello, I am Tongarlia. If you are looking for a good region join Krengolia and if you’re starting out you can talk to Ausinia Spekandria or preferably me (Tongarlia) for advice and how to do things. If you want to ask us anything including those, do it in regional message board. (You have to join to write in it BTW)

come check out our RP in Krengolia and make sure to join first

Return to Global Economics and Trade