NATION

PASSWORD

The People's Republic of Lazarus

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cerlon
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Cerlon » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:32 pm

Captain Apollo wrote:There was no trial and you had no authority to do this.

Lazarus doesn't even have a court, and what was done was totally legal. :|
A.K.A. Milograd
Senator of Security, Intelligence and Propaganda of The Pacific
Director of the Pacific News Network (PNN)

Former NPO Puppet WA Delegate of Lazarus, Apparently?
Former NPO Puppet WA Delegate of The South Pacific, Too? Gee, that's pretty harsh.

Karpathos
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Karpathos » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:09 pm

Jesus MilO! What's with you and the facts?! Don't you know that it doesn't matter?
Honor Guard to Black adder's cunning plan
The Emmanuel Goldstein of Osiris
Veteran of The Great Patriotic War & the ADN proxy wars
Last Native of Greece
Foremer RLA Red Guard
Former head if he USSR KGB
Forner member of SECO
Froner Lt. in The DEN
[spoiler]So long as there is imperialism in the world, a permanent peace is impossible.
[/spoiler]
Aperi is Aperi.

McMasterdonia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 19, 2012
Mother Knows Best State

Postby McMasterdonia » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:16 pm

The Mandate is quite vague in some areas. The Emerald Council has the authority to check on it's own membership, which is perfectly fine, but was not utilised in this case.

The Delegate has no restrictions on who he or she can or cannot ban and there is no provision for appeal of a ban. No other reasonable interpretation could be reached, even if you disagree with the ban. The ban was perfectly constitutional and legal. Feux was well within his constitutional power to exercise the power to ban.

In my opinion the only possible recourse for anyone that feels that there ban was unjust is to discuss it with the Delegate of the day. Only the Delegate can enforce bans and only the Delegate can remove them. Arguing the constitutionality or legality of it isn't going to work, that seems fairly solid.

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:54 am

And since we've got a new delegate, we'll fix that loophole :P
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Harmoneia
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 26, 2005

Postby Harmoneia » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:53 pm

This was originally only intended for Lazarenes, but I have decided to post it here also, simply to make it clear that Lazarus is none other than Lazarus and the acts done were only to secure what is ours.

Inaugural Address

My dear Lazarenes,

If Lazarus would have a mother, it would be me. After the winds have blown and with confusion still raging, if there is anyone you can trust, it would be me. Much of the Lazarene atmosphere had come from my breath, for if anyone has devoted the most energy into building this community, it would be me.
After my year-long retirement, I had thought of a few things that could improve Lazarus, a few things – some of them things I can be held responsible for, some of them new ideas as the wisdom of time has taught. My dear Lazarenes, I am willing to implement them to the best of my abilities, and as proof, those of you who have known me for long know that I had always been a cosmopolitan from the birth of Harmoneia until before my last retirement, but for Lazarus, that’s changed.

In order to make this more concrete, I have laid down the following platform as a brief summary of my future plans for Lazarus:

[snip: Internal stuff]

Regional Security:
Following the recent threats to our region, I will reduce the endocap a bit to 50, following the advice of the council. I will also need to work hard on maintaining the endorsements as Feux did, those shoes will be large to fill in this regard, but I will do it to the utmost of my ability. More than that, I would like to have a focused officer who would watch possible threats with me, within or outside the region, and a stronger Lazarene army.

[snip]

Foreign Policy:
Our foreign policy must proceed with caution. For too long we have trusted some allies to protect us, yet we end up exploited by these very allies. More than ever, we must be vigilant for possible threats, but at the same time, stay the friendly community that we are.
We must choose carefully who we align with and stand firm amidst a politicking world. We must form closer ties with our fellow feeders and sinkers, our true brothers.

Feux did a great job in securing our community. I am glad to still have him around by my side when I need him. Today, however, is a new day.
Let us rise again, my Lazarene people, lest we forget the Phoenix hovering above us; and let me guide you through our resurrection.

Your Queen,
Harmoneia

A further statement on LKE and TNI:
It is sad to see that said regions acted so rashly without even seeking communications with the new administration. But thank you, in particular to LKE, for at least informing us at the same moment the world was informed. I am terribly saddened this had to happen, but what was done was an internal matter - a crime committed by members who attempted exploit the region had to be punished for treason. Our intel were true, that some of it were shared to the world by a third party is a sad thing, but we refuse to announce further information to the world as a sign of respect to the parties involved. It is in our hopes that we remain civil and handle the situation with delicate civility and maturity. Moreover, in the spirit of diplomacy, we are ready to talk.
Last edited by Harmoneia on Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:41 am, edited 5 times in total.

Aperi
Attaché

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Aperi » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:33 am

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

There simply is not anyone more qualified to lead us than Her Emerald Majesty, Harmoneia. May her enlightened rule bring us Lazarenes prosperity, security, and stability. Her dedication to Lazarus is well known and without question. I look forward to faithfully serving our new Phoenix Queen! May her reign be long and fruitful!
Aperi
Patriot of Lazarus
Comrade Protector

My other nation is Karpathos
“Our game is being turned into a filthy and evil-smelling imperialist barrack.

Whiskum
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 10, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Whiskum » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:14 am

Harmoneia wrote:A further statement on LKE and TNI:
It is sad to see that said regions acted so rashly without even seeking communications with the new administration. But thank you, in particular to LKE, for at least informing us at the same moment the world was informed. I am terribly saddened this had to happen, but what was done was an internal matter - a crime committed by members who attempted exploit the region had to be punished for treason. Our intel were true, that some of it were shared to the world by a third party is a sad thing, but we refuse to announce further information to the world as a sign of respect to the parties involved. It is in our hopes that we remain civil and handle the situation with delicate civility and maturity. Moreover, in the spirit of diplomacy, we are ready to talk.

If it is an internal matter, when why were people banned on the basis of membership in a foreign organisation rather than judged on their own actions?

Surely banning members solely on the basis of ties to a foreign organisation suggests that there is a foreign as well as an internal aspect to the affair?

If you actually have evidence that the individuals in question committed treason (there is none), then why are you allowing all other than NES to return?

It is clear that the whole thing was an anti-UIAF stunt, at the behest of the NPO, which you are now trying to backtack from without admitting fault.

You talk about civility and maturity, but your Interior Commissioner has shown anything other than this in his posts here.

You say it was rash for the LKE and TNI to end their treaties their treaties with you, but what did you expect when you banned many people who had personally done nothing wrong simply on account of the fact you thought them to be UIAF members? That says you have a problem with the UIAF, including the LKE and TNI. A problem you have refused to elaborate on or back up with evidence. Why would any region remain allied if it was treated that badly?
Last edited by Whiskum on Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Emperor Emeritus of The Land of Kings and Emperors
King Emeritus of Norwood, Basileus Emeritus of Polis, etc.

Prince of Jomsborg, of Balder

Archduke, of The New Inquisition
Viscount, of Great Britain and Ireland
Honoured Citizen of Europeia
Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister
LKE Chief of the Imperial General Staff

Crown Prince of TNI
Commander of TNI Armed Forces
Director General of TNI Intelligence

Vice Delegate and Crown Prince of Balder
Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Chief Justice of Europeia

Member, Imperial Military Council, UIAF
Supreme Allied Commander, SRATO

WA Delegate of The Rejected Realms

Falconias
Envoy

Founded: Jan 28, 2005
Anarchy

Postby Falconias » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:42 am

The Democratic Anarchy of Falconias

Harmoneia
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 26, 2005

Postby Harmoneia » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:18 am

If it is an internal matter, when why were people banned on the basis of membership in a foreign organisation rather than judged on their own actions? Surely banning members solely on the basis of ties to a foreign organisation suggests that there is a foreign as well as an internal aspect to the affair?

I suggest you not to put things into my mouth, Onder. Maybe you should actually go to Lazarus forums and actually read stuff rather than rashly assuming stuff again. :)

If you actually have evidence that the individuals in question committed treason (there is none), then why are you allowing all other than NES to return?
There is none? While I did not gather the intel myself, I know NES committed treason, as I verified this intel by talking to people concerned. Feux brought it to us, we verified, and we agreed. Internal. Simple. Not to be shared by everyone else in front of the whole world.

It is clear that the whole thing was an anti-UIAF stunt, at the behest of the NPO, which you are now trying to backtack from without admitting fault.
I am neither backtracking from what was done, I supported it, remember? Neither do I do things for the NPO, and to suggest otherwise is quite insulting. I have worked for the benefit of Lazarus since 2005, I literally built it, and to suggest I am more loyal to NPO is quite the slander there.

You talk about civility and maturity, but your Interior Commissioner has shown anything other than this in his posts here.
Forgive us if we are offended by your misled presumptions and slander. :meh:

You say it was rash for the LKE and TNI to end their treaties their treaties with you, but what did you expect when you banned many people who had personally done nothing wrong simply on account of the fact you thought them to be UIAF members? That says you have a problem with the UIAF, including the LKE and TNI. A problem you have refused to elaborate on or back up with evidence. Why would any region remain allied if it was treated that badly?
Again, please actually read our forums, and our statement, including our mandate.
1. We never mentioned the names of LKE and UIAF ever. So do not tell me that we did, that's slander.
2. We are not a democracy, so you cannot accuse us of not having a democratic process. Please get your facts straight. That's another slander.
3. I expected diplomacy as your Prime Minister showed me. You say I'm trying to backtrack without admitting faults. How would you know, you never even *tried* to talk to me, or even asked what really happened. You never showed a genuine concern for the truth.
All you showed us is that you were found out, now you're pissed and are whining about it. Clearly not the reaction of someone who is not guilty.
To be frank with you, even, you're not supposed to be included in this matter. This is between us and TNI, mainly NES' scheming. So I wonder what you are so pissed about?

I think that with all of the things you said against us, you've already compensated for all the wrongs we did, if any, to your members. I'm sure the world is sick and tired of this pointless bickering peppered by your spite. You've severed relations. Let's be like adults and put it behind us. :)

That said, I will spare the GP forums of more whining and will no longer respond to any further trace of spite here. Any further problems will be attended to privately. *IF* you want to talk; if not, then please feel free to stop talking.
Last edited by Harmoneia on Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:52 am, edited 9 times in total.

Whiskum
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Whiskum » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:59 am

I have read both your statement and the forums of Lazarus.

I have not put any words into your mouth: you claimed it was an internal matter, I pointed out that you banned people on the basis of membership in a foreign region/organisation. Are you denying banning people for being in the UIAF/TNI? If not, that suggests it has a foreign dimension, no?

If you are denying banning people simply for being in TNI, then you have to explain why the bans went beyond NES in the first place.

If you are denying banning people for being in the UIAF and claim you only intended to ban people in TNI's upper echelons, then you also have to explain why the bans went beyond Griffin, NES and Cerebella to also include Isidor and Apollo, people the NPO wrongly accused of being in the UIAF, as well.

So why were Isidor and Apollo banned if not to purge everyone suspected of being in the UIAF? For the hell of it?

Moreover, if you are denying these things, why did no one correct the NPO for claiming Feux was carrying out a widespread ban of 'UIAF traitors'?

It is quite obvious that you are backtracking from the breadth of the bans originally imposed to try and make this a narrow issue about NES.

Yet a narrow issue about NES was not how this was announced beforehand by the NPO (an organisation Feux clearly timed and coordinated his plans with):
As I speak, NPO Senator and Lazarus Delegate Feux is enacting his retaliation against you and the UIAF for your crimes. Queen Viktoria of TNI (AKA "Griffin Somerset" in Lazarus) has long been planted in that region and has, for the past year, been using her large influence level and high endorsement count to threaten Feux's position while being backed by Ondersphere "imperialists" like NES and Charles Cerebella.

She will not be present there for much longer. Neither will NES or any other UIAF stooge. Your hours are limited.

Not only are your claims contrary to the NPO's report, they are inconsistent with what actually happened, namely a purge of everyone associated with UIAF.

To now walk back from the purge of all 'UIAF traitors' and claim this is simply about NES (not that you have even bothered to present the evidence there) is an attempt to sweep the affair under the carpet. Hence why you are now trying to persuade me to stop talking and let the matter go.

Yet your story does not stack up with the purge of all suspected UIAF members which occurred, which clearly affects the entire UIAF.
Last edited by Whiskum on Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:20 pm, edited 16 times in total.

Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister

Crown Prince of TNI

Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005

Postby Drop Your Pants » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:30 pm

Read the last bit of Harmie's post ;)
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Whiskum
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Whiskum » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:33 pm

Drop Your Pants wrote:Read the last bit of Harmie's post ;)

I have, but I've never been one for shutting up simply because my opponents ask me to.

Lazarus wants to forget about this and paint it as a minor issue about banning NES on evidence they claim to have but somehow don't want to release.

In fact, Feux purged everyone the NPO believed, rightly or wrongly, to have any association with UIAF, not just NES and other top TNI officials.
Last edited by Whiskum on Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister

Crown Prince of TNI

Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Feux
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Feux » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:03 pm

Lol. You are so entertaining.
Always Changing Shapes
TheBestDudeInHistory wrote:Feux is what would happen if I had my shitposting physically removed, isolated, and permitted to become sentient on its own. And I mean that in the best way possible. Clearly I need to marry Feux.

Common-Sense Politics
Envoy

Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Common-Sense Politics » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:08 pm

Feux wrote:Lol. You are so entertaining.

Are these kinds of comments an indication that you're unwilling to adequately rebut an argument or simply unable? Poking fun at someone who is substantively and legitimately posting on a matter of importance hardly instills confidence in your side of the argument.
President of Europeia

Feux
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Feux » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:10 pm

Common-Sense Politics wrote:
Feux wrote:Lol. You are so entertaining.

Are these kinds of comments an indication that you're unwilling to adequately rebut an argument or simply unable? Poking fun at someone who is substantively and legitimately posting on a matter of importance hardly instills confidence in your side of the argument.

Don't even start that shit. :P

My side of the argument as already been stated and others have given plenty of rebuttals. Not much else I could say.
Always Changing Shapes
TheBestDudeInHistory wrote:Feux is what would happen if I had my shitposting physically removed, isolated, and permitted to become sentient on its own. And I mean that in the best way possible. Clearly I need to marry Feux.

Karpathos
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Karpathos » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:46 pm

I honestly can't believe I was worried about the NES-sphere being viable adversaries... :palm:

Is there no one else?! http://youtu.be/-BiLCJxpqi4?t=53s
Last edited by Karpathos on Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Honor Guard to Black adder's cunning plan
The Emmanuel Goldstein of Osiris
Veteran of The Great Patriotic War & the ADN proxy wars
Last Native of Greece
Foremer RLA Red Guard
Former head if he USSR KGB
Forner member of SECO
Froner Lt. in The DEN
[spoiler]So long as there is imperialism in the world, a permanent peace is impossible.
[/spoiler]
Aperi is Aperi.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:40 pm

Karpathos wrote:I honestly can't believe I was worried about the NES-sphere being viable adversaries... :palm:

Is there no one else?! http://youtu.be/-BiLCJxpqi4?t=53s

Well it would help if the NPO didn't simply take the method from the Karpathos Playbook of running around screaming "We have logs and you can't see but totes real!"

I imagine the NPO somewhat like this.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:27 pm

Harmoneia wrote:Inaugural Address[/align]
My dear Lazarenes,

If Lazarus would have a mother, it would be me. After the winds have blown and with confusion still raging, if there is anyone you can trust, it would be me. Much of the Lazarene atmosphere had come from my breath, for if anyone has devoted the most energy into building this community, it would be me.

Holy flying circuses,

This has to be one of the funniest things I have ever read. I wish my breath was that special. It's just kinda warm tbh. This has definately brightened my day. Thank you. If I was this shameless... I'd probably be a lot more successful. Or hated. Or nude. Definitely nude either way :P
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Durkadurkiranistan II
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Durkadurkiranistan II » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:29 pm

Solorni wrote:
Harmoneia wrote:Inaugural Address[/align]
My dear Lazarenes,

Holy flying circuses,

This has to be one of the funniest things I have ever read. I wish my breath was that special. It's just kinda warm tbh. This has definately brightened my day. Thank you. If I was this shameless... I'd probably be a lot more successful. Or hated. Or nude. Definitely nude either way :P

Yea, just now noticed that part of her speech. :blink: Not sure if srs...
Last edited by Durkadurkiranistan II on Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former Delegate of the North Pacific (x2)
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Former Delegate of Osiris
Former Delegate of Lazarus

Milograd
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Milograd » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:31 pm

It's not hyperbolic in any way whatsoever.
Retired

Solorni
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:35 pm

Milograd wrote:It's not hyperbolic in any way whatsoever.

Sarcasm or not? :P
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Milograd
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Milograd » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:36 pm

Solorni wrote:
Milograd wrote:It's not hyperbolic in any way whatsoever.

Sarcasm or not? :P

Yes.
Retired

Solorni
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:46 pm

Milograd wrote:
Solorni wrote:Sarcasm or not? :P

Yes.

Well, then I must thank her for the comedic affects of her hyperbole. :)

It is a relief to hear that she wasn't serious.
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Milograd
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Milograd » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:50 pm

Solorni wrote:
Milograd wrote:Yes.

Well, then I must thank her for the comedic affects of her hyperbole. :)

It is a relief to hear that she wasn't serious.

The extent of Harmoneia's contributions to Lazarus is undeniable, and her dedication is applaudable, but she is both humble and capable of being comedic. She has played a major role in shaping the region, but she also recognizes that it's a team effort.
Last edited by Milograd on Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retired

Durkadurkiranistan II
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Durkadurkiranistan II » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:50 pm

Sarcasm is hard to detect over the interwebs. :(
Former Delegate of the North Pacific (x2)
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Former Delegate of Osiris
Former Delegate of Lazarus

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay