NATION

PASSWORD

Super Hero High: Prometheus Rising (OOC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mutantopol
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mutantopol » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:55 am

How about being able to slow down time? Is that op?

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:43 am

Mutantopol wrote:How about being able to slow down time? Is that op?

It would depend on the magnitude of slowness that the character could achieve.

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:12 am

Mighty Asgard wrote:

... What did I miss?
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:14 am

Altruistic Paladins wrote:... What did I miss?

Look in the old OOC thread.

Liberated Counties
Senator

Founded: Oct 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Liberated Counties » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:29 am

Name: Nathan Numark
Nationality: British
Height: 5ft 11"
Weight: 98 kg
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Costume (if any): Basically like the silver surfer minus the board.
Abilities: Nanite based powers, including the ability to absorb most metallic elements to sustain his powers. Able to change his appearance and shape or even completely disassemble himself into a nanite cloud which can be used to infect and manipulate computers and robotic constructs. Can solidify his outer layer of nanites to lessen the damage of physical harm.
Dorm: Hero
Brief Bio: after being diagnosed with Leukemia at the age of 13, he endured four years of failed treatments which only served to deteriorate his health even further. Desperate, he was offered up as a guinea pig for a Nanite Experiment designed to kill cancerous cells. flawlessly, the robotic nanites did their job. However, once the cancer had been destroyed, the Nanites failed to cease functioning and turned on his healthy cells, unknowingly converting Nathan into a cyberorganism with Nanite abilities. after one year of being cancer free, what was a simple checkup revealed his new powers, and per protocol, he was sent to Super Hero High as a student to refine his powers. His experience with Leukemia has made him appreciate life to the fullest, and is eager to learn the ropes and take full advantage of his second chance in life.
Last edited by Liberated Counties on Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am a Liberal Capitalist living in the UK.

IIwiki Page | NStracker Page | Factbook

Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:41 pm

Hmm...what timezone IS the school in? Any in particular? Or do they just kind of have their own day/night cycle at the school?
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:20 am

Liberated Counties wrote:
Name: Nathan Numark
Height: 5ft 11"
Weight: 98 kg
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Costume (if any): Basically like the silver surfer minus the board.
Abilities: Nanite based powers, including the ability to absorb most metallic elements to sustain his powers. Able to change his appearance and shape or even completely disassemble himself into a nanite cloud which can be used to infect and manipulate computers and robotic constructs. Can solidify his outer layer of nanites to lessen the damage of physical harm.
Dorm: Hero
Brief Bio: after being diagnosed with Leukemia at the age of 13, he endured four years of failed treatments which only served to deteriorate his health even further. Desperate, he was offered up as a guinea pig for a Nanite Experiment designed to kill cancerous cells. flawlessly, the robotic nanites did their job. However, once the cancer had been destroyed, the Nanites failed to cease functioning and turned on his healthy cells, unknowingly converting Nathan into a cyberorganism with Nanite abilities. after one year of being cancer free, what was a simple checkup revealed his new powers, and per protocol, he was sent to Super Hero High as a student to refine his powers. His experience with Leukemia has made him appreciate life to the fullest, and is eager to learn the ropes and take full advantage of his second chance in life.

Accepted.

Corrian wrote:Hmm...what timezone IS the school in? Any in particular? Or do they just kind of have their own day/night cycle at the school?

The school uses GMT 0.

Mutantopol
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Mutantopol » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:46 am

Mighty Asgard wrote:

Not to the extent of almost stopping it, maybe it would be similar to Max Payne's bullet time except I can move at normal speed but no one else in the effective range could whilst in slow time

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:53 am

Mutantopol wrote:Not to the extent of almost stopping it, maybe it would be similar to Max Payne's bullet time except I can move at normal speed but no one else in the effective range could whilst in slow time

I always see that as not really you slowing down time, but everyone else is moving normally and for them you're just moving at ridiculously fast speeds. So for the sake of it not actually slowing down the other players around you, maybe it could look more like you went into super speed for a brief moment from the other players perspective, and from your characters perspective it looks like the people slowed down even though they really didn't.

If that made any sense.

Mighty Asgard wrote:The school uses GMT 0.

Thanks. Now I have to look up what timezone that actually is...
Last edited by Corrian on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Last.FM and RYM

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:39 am

Mutantopol wrote:Not to the extent of almost stopping it, maybe it would be similar to Max Payne's bullet time except I can move at normal speed but no one else in the effective range could whilst in slow time

Everyone else would just see it as your character going really fast, but that sounds like it would be alright.

Mutantopol
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Mutantopol » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:55 am

Mighty Asgard wrote:

Everyone else would just see it as your character going really fast, but that sounds like it would be alright.

Thanks I'll post an app soon

Nakarisaune
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 17, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nakarisaune » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:56 pm

Corrian wrote:

I always see that as not really you slowing down time, but everyone else is moving normally and for them you're just moving at ridiculously fast speeds. So for the sake of it not actually slowing down the other players around you, maybe it could look more like you went into super speed for a brief moment from the other players perspective, and from your characters perspective it looks like the people slowed down even though they really didn't.

If that made any sense.

Mighty Asgard wrote:The school uses GMT 0.

Thanks. Now I have to look up what timezone that actually is...

GMT 0 is my time :P It's Britain and parts of Western Europe and Africa ~
"Nakari won best WW player, awarded to the person who is best at lying." - Fratt

"I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a point with a hundred endorsements. It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what."

Mutantopol
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Mutantopol » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:33 pm

Name: Derek Spiel aka Megaphone man
Height: 190.5 centimetres
Weight: 64.9 kilograms
Hair: Black and tidy
Eyes: Dark brown
Costume (if any): He does not have a costume, so to speak, however he does have a very distinctive style - he is (in modern day) habitually clad in a two piece, navy blue suit coupled with a pair of brown leather dress shoes whilst earlier incarnations dressed similarly yet their appearances were clothed to adequately fit in with the time that they existed in.

Abilities: Derek Spiel, along with previous Megaphone men, possesses the uncanny ability of super-persuasion which when coupled with the megaphone of aeons makes him a force to be reckoned with
Subject: Social interaction and public speaking
Brief Bio: Derek Spiel was a shy man, never daring to face his fears and constantly backing away from arguments. He worked in an office and lacked friends, often being the butt of many a joke told behind his back yet all this was about to change when a mysterious man approached him in an alleyway at night. This man turned out to be a notorious rapist who prayed on anything that moved, he backed into a corner; savouring his innocence for as long as he could. Luckily for Derek however a gunshot victim staggered into the alleyway that he was about to be violated in. This gave Derek the opportunity he required, so whilst his attacker was distracted he fought back for the first time in his life but not with physical violence but by screaming for help as loud as possible. The rapist turned on the gunshot victim yet as he did so the gunshot victim produced a megaphone and Derek watching in stunned silence saw the criminal began to punch himself repeatedly. It was not long before he was unconscious and Derek ran to aid his saviour. With his last dregs of strength he handed the megaphone to Derek and as his hand clasped around the handle visions of previous holders of the item in his hand flashed before his eyes and his duty was revealed to him. A new confidence overcame Derek and from that day n he took up the mantle of Megaphone man, aiding the depressed with a kind word or successfully negotiating a deal - in favour of justice - with terrorists. When he heard of the opportunity to better the next generation he decided that his skills of persuasion would allow he to become an excellent teacher.

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:40 pm

Oh Greenwich Mean Time, one of the best time-zones for showing why everyone needs to adopt nautical time (every 15 degree change in longitude represents an hour's difference in time).

When London's clocks are set earlier than one hour later than those in Santa Cruz de Tenerife despite the later being further west than the former, it makes me question whether the world refuses to operate on logic.

What is next? People think there are less than fifteen continents due to a definition arbitrarily based on cultural distinctions so as to make the usage inversely useless rather than the specific and falsifiable definition geology uses.

Oh wait.

Still, the mentions of the UN being involved in the school made me think Ecuador Standard Time was being used since New York City is the location of the United Nations headquarters.
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:43 pm

Mutantopol wrote:
Costume (if any): He does not have a costume, so to speak, however he does have a very distinctive style - he is (in modern day) habitually clad in a two piece, navy blue suit coupled with a pair of brown leather dress shoes whilst earlier incarnations dressed similarly yet their appearances were clothed to adequately fit in with the time that they existed in.
Abilities: Derek Spiel, along with previous Megaphone men, possesses the uncanny ability of super-persuasion which when coupled with the megaphone of aeons makes him a force to be reckoned with
Brief Bio: Derek Spiel was a shy man, never daring to face his fears and constantly backing away from arguments. He worked in an office and lacked friends, often being the butt of many a joke told behind his back yet all this was about to change when a mysterious man approached him in an alleyway at night. This man turned out to be a notorious rapist who prayed on anything that moved, he backed into a corner; savouring his innocence for as long as he could. Luckily for Derek however a gunshot victim staggered into the alleyway that he was about to be violated in. This gave Derek the opportunity he required, so whilst his attacker was distracted he fought back for the first time in his life but not with physical violence but by screaming for help as loud as possible. The rapist turned on the gunshot victim yet as he did so the gunshot victim produced a megaphone and Derek watching in stunned silence saw the criminal began to punch himself repeatedly. It was not long before he was unconscious and Derek ran to aid his saviour. With his last dregs of strength he handed the megaphone to Derek and as his hand clasped around the handle visions of previous holders of the item in his hand flashed before his eyes and his duty was revealed to him. A new confidence overcame Derek and from that day n he took up the mantle of Megaphone man, aiding the depressed with a kind word or successfully negotiating a deal - in favour of justice - with terrorists. When he heard of the opportunity to better the next generation he decided that his skills of persuasion would allow he to become an excellent teacher.

I like it, very Golden Age-y. Accepted.

Mutantopol
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Mutantopol » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:45 pm

Mighty Asgard wrote:
Mutantopol wrote:

I like it, very Golden Age-y. Accepted.

Orinon
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 08, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Orinon » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:31 am

Sorry for my absence. I've been having a bit of a mild nervous breakdown.
I did some threads a long ass time ago that some people care about Iunno ya'll crazy.

Answers to Orinon or Watery. Part time author, part time gas station attendant, full time cynical bastard.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:42 am

Big thunderstorm rolled in last night so I never got a post up due to my Internet crapping out because of it.

Also, my grandma is gone now, so I might start posting more again. And now we have a "new" laptop and computer from grandparents giving us their old stuff.

Orinon wrote:Sorry for my absence. I've been having a bit of a mild nervous breakdown.

Those kinds of things are always annoying...
My Last.FM and RYM

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:39 pm

Ffffudge. I hate when I forget rather important things about my characters.....

Like the fact that Simon doesn't get hungry.....
Times are looking grim these days~

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:10 pm

Shade has come out to play :twisted:

Good thing he's not stupid enough to try to kill people.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:21 pm

I wonder how Racheal and Shade would get along.....

Probably not well, Racheal doesn't like anyone :P

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:28 pm

Terintania wrote:I wonder how Racheal and Shade would get along.....

S: "Watchu thinkin' 'bout, Rachael?"

R: "Oh, you know, violently hating people and stuff."

S: "Oh, me too."

Both: "BFFs!"

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:30 pm

Mighty Asgard wrote:
Terintania wrote:I wonder how Racheal and Shade would get along.....

S: "Watchu thinkin' 'bout, Rachael?"

R: "Oh, you know, violently hating people and stuff."

S: "Oh, me too."

Both: "BFFs!"

:P

Slight issue with that. Shade doesn't hate people. He just loves to kill, and to see the suffering of others. He would probably get pleasure out of watching her be angry all the time :P

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:33 pm

Terintania wrote::P

Slight issue with that. Shade doesn't hate people. He just loves to kill, and to see the suffering of others. He would probably get pleasure out of watching her be angry all the time :P

Considering someone inferior and worthless is a way of hating them, and Shade seems to think that way about everyone. So he hates people.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:37 pm

Mighty Asgard wrote:
Terintania wrote::P

Considering someone inferior and worthless is a way of hating them, and Shade seems to think that way about everyone. So he hates people.

True.

Also, would the school know about all the people Simon/Shade has murdered, and the fact that he has a psychotic, murdering personality?

He also has a nice one, but that one's not that important for them to know :P

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse