NATION

PASSWORD

WorldVision Song Contest 28 - DISCUSSION|OOC Thread

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:25 am

LUZIYCA ANNOUNCES ENTRY FOR WORLDVISION 28

Earlier this morning, at 10:00 am Bethlehem Time (9:00 am Gijirokastra Time, 8:00 am Yerevan Time), ITV finally made a decision in its internal final for WorldVision. Laine Cheyanne was born on March 15th, 1998 in Moglinov, Kashui, but moved to Yerevan when she was one and now lives there. With her entry, "Conspiracy of Silence," entirely written and composed by herself, she will represent the Christian Republic of Luziyca in WorldVision 28. The reason why it was delayed was a "too close to call" situation between Laine, with the "Conspiracy of Silence", and the trio from Luziycan Ataahua, Rongo with "Ohana." After a revote, Laine Cheyanne has won by 13 votes above Ohana.

The list of candidates for the WV28 entry were seen here, out of the 100 people who were chosen to vote (hypothetical 1,000 points to spend).

1. Conspiracy of Silence, Laine - 493
2. Ohana, Rongo (mixture of Hawaiian, Maori and classical music) - 480
3. Not Another Country Song, Arosk Himova - 179
4. I'll Cut Ya!, Edvard Asbjerg - 20
5. An Ode to Whitenes, Barney Yoko, 6
6. The Peaceful Song, Noah Swidzinski, 1
7. Goodbye Haclav!, Serhio Negdel, 0
8. Civilizing the Whitey, Sifa Mungu, 0
9. Geadish Funeral March, Sofja (duet), 0
10. Duva, Mary Hart, 0

Hence, ITV wishes good luck to Laine Cheyanne as she represents our fatherland in WV28, even if it is at home, in her hometown.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

De La Fleur
Envoy

Founded: May 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby De La Fleur » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:40 pm

Pro: LGBPTTQQIIAA+(Or LGBTQ+ for short), Freedom Of Speech, Constitutionalism, Scandinavia, Japan, Anime, Kitties and Love
Anti: Anti-LGBT, Communism, Totalitarianism, NSA, North Korea, Nazism, Racism, Stereotyping and Hate.
WV26~"Dancing Mad Man" - Alina Der Fankershank Results-29th Place-35 Points
WV27~ "Loverboy" - Elizia Del Valleta Results-19th Place - 57 Points
I make Nightcore Music~| Join My Region, The Otaku Republics, POPULATION: 4 | Please Follow Me On Tumblr c:|EF ÞÚ SKILUR SENTU MÉR SKILABOÐ!!

Kalusia
Spokesperson

Founded: May 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalusia » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:09 pm

Kalusia is bidding! Woo! Look at my amazing graphics! (not so much)

WorldVision 28 Host Bid - Borē, Kalusia

Kalusia is bidding to host the WorldVision contest in Borē. The bid's motto is Together Tomorrow, and the main logo is a double eigth note, which is the musical equivalent of ''together''.

First, let's talk about Kalusia. Kalusia is an incredibly densely populated nation in the North East of Mazeria. Bordered by Rahenistan and The Mazerian Dictorate in the south and Khorrenia in the north, it is split in twelve districts, all named after the main city in the district. One of those is Borē, which is pronounced as the English would pronounce ''bore''. But Borē is far from boring. Borē is the fourth largest city of Kalusia (after the capital Blêrtn, Nôrtâl and Kârtâfn), but by far the most touristic. That's of course because of the Borēan Lagoon, but also because of the cultural centre of the city. About 600.000 people find their homes in Borē, and at least 100.000 more travel to Borē everyday to work in it. Borē knows a temperate to warm climate, and when the contest will be held, the average temperature in Borē (along with the rest of Kalusia, excluding the island of Trêmens) is 15 degrees Celsius. Transport from the airport in Blêrtn to the hotel in Borē (which we will talk about in a little) will take no more than an hour, and will be done through typical yellow taxis which are found throughout Kalusia, and are the part of Kalusia most people are most proud of. One of these will be arranged for the act of each nation. If a nation's act happens to send more than 12 people for the main act, a coach will be supplied.

As for the accomodation, this will actually be Tezlâfn, a suburb of Borē. However there still is little travelling required, because whenever the artists need to go to the Teatêr, they will be driven by their personal chauffeur, in the yellow taxi. The accomodation during the stay will be in the Lezîn Tezl âv Otêrn *****, best known as ''the Lezîn'' (pronounced lay-tsing). Although it's not the best of the hotels available in the area, but it's the most scenic, with as main attraction the private beach. Half of the hotel will be reserved for the WorldVision delegations, and the other half will be used for fans, and prereservations the hotel had already made.

The location where the actual contest will be held at is the Asart Teatêr. It's not actually a theatre, as the name may suggest, though. The Kalusian word ''teatêr'' is often stretched, and the Kalusian dictionary defines it as ''a location where one has the oppurtunity to enjoy live or prerecorded performances''. This includes all theatres, music halls, opera houses and even cinemas. Despite all this, the Asart is officially a theatre. However, the rows of seats can be lowered, and the back wall of the theatre can be rolled up and lifted to form a music hall that can contain 12000 souls. This may not be the largest, even closer to the smallest, but still it should be considered a location full of ambiance. The stage will be in the form of a star, outlined with lights, with a darker path leading to a smaller star also outlined with lights. Asart is equipped with some of the finest light technics (if you hadn't figured it out already, Kalusians love lighting, in their acts and stages), but is also capable of performing tricks with fire, and on arrangement, water sprinklers can be hooked up for usage during the act. There's no worries for getting the floor of the stage slippery or wet, since the stage is floored with rubber, and will be dried after an act whenever necissary.

Postcards

This bid is going to put the ''postcard'' in ''postcards'' again. ICly, there will appear a postcard on the screen, with on the front the OOC postcard, which will look something like the logo. Example (for the hypothetical Heltigan entry last edition): coming soon Then, it will open, and show some of the natural beauty, cultural beauty or any other kind of beauty the nation has to offer, while playing a version of the national anthem, in an alternative instrument. A piano will be used for scenic highlights, a violin for cultural et cetera.

Any questions are welcome.
A Lons puppet. Mainly used for puppety stuffs.

Kalusia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalusia » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:09 pm

Posted this twice.

Disregard.
Last edited by Kalusia on Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communist Quinntopia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Communist Quinntopia » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:33 pm

redacted
Last edited by Communist Quinntopia on Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yakostan
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yakostan » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:40 pm

Will Nelson Mandela Bay Stadim be making an appearance in Boré Kalusia? :p
Former Chief Executive of the Genesis Corporation
Infamous WorldVision Sheep Entry

Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -4.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.33

WorldVision Results:
WV 22: 19th for Beards (Ba Ba Ba)
WV 23: 30th for Jimmian Tell Overture
Punch in the Face Award: Phoen
WV 24: 27th for Ours is Best
Middle Finger Award: Ultimate Evil
Shut the F Up Award: Lymantia
WV 25: N/A for Die in a Hole
Newcomer What the F*ck Award: Lymryk Isles
WV 28: 30th for Do the Pelvic Shake
Golden Dick Award: New Warwick
WV 32: DQ for Pilgrim

Kalusia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalusia » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:48 pm

Yakostan wrote:Will Nelson Mandela Bay Stadim be making an appearance in Boré Kalusia? :p

I went to South Africa on holiday!

I have my reasons!

(But yea, I was looking for a good ol' coastal city, too, so I decided PE, as I passed through it)
Last edited by Kalusia on Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:56 pm

Communist Quinntopia wrote:Those taxis look rather shoddy to me. Still a good bid, though. :p

Even Kofeiya has better taxis than that.
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Kishrael
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kishrael » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:58 pm

AHAVAH HAZA FOR KISHRAEL

Today, KTV have announced their act for the WorldVision Song Contest 28. Ahavah Haza is a controversial singer, especially in the more conservative sects of Kishraeli society. Known for her liberal views in all areas of public life, but especially sex, her announcement has whipped up a storm in the WorldVision media sects as to what her song may contain. The title has already been released, and is known as "I Play The Trumpet", and one can already imagine what the title stands for. The lyrics were written by Ahavah herself, and she describes them as "What any girl who is madly in love with someone would want to say, but couldn't for fear of the consequences." Ahavah has also already dropped some hints as to what will be going on as she performs: "We will turn the WorldVision into a circus of love for three minutes when we perform on that stage. Right now, because we don't actually know what the stage will look like I can't confirm anything, but we have a number of options open to keep it interesting".

Vampirum
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 15, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Vampirum » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:19 pm

Luziyca wrote:
Communist Quinntopia wrote:Those taxis look rather shoddy to me. Still a good bid, though. :p

Even Kofeiya has better taxis than that.

Taxies that can move faster than the speed of a rocket? :p It's not our fault us Vampirians are technically advanced. Plus, it's not how the taxi look, but how fast it can run. Haha
Last edited by Vampirum on Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---------FACTBOOKNATIONAL ANTHEMNATIONAL NEWS---------
FT NATION WITH MAGIC AND VAMPIRES
13th place - WorldVision 24
3rd place - WorldVision 25
5th place - WorldVision 26
6th place - WorldVision 28
5th place - WorldVision 29
2nd Place - WorldVision 31
2nd Place - WorldVision 37

Magazine Hottest Royals In The World Competition - 7th place

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:29 pm

Vampirum wrote:
Luziyca wrote:Even Kofeiya has better taxis than that.

Taxies that can move faster than the speed of a rocket? :p It's not our fault us Vampirians are technically advanced. Plus, it's not how the taxi look, but how fast it can run. Haha
I was referring to Kalusia's bid.

Kalusia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalusia » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:35 pm

Our yellow taxis may not be like the American ones, but I can assure that should WorldVision come to Kalusia, newer vans will be used.

Vampirum
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Vampirum » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:56 pm

Kalusia wrote:Our yellow taxis may not be like the American ones, but I can assure that should WorldVision come to Kalusia, newer vans will be used.

Nothing like a big competition coming to your country to make you pull out all the stops. :lol:

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:19 pm

Vampirum wrote: Plus, it's not how the taxi look, but how fast it can run.

Rocket Taxi Revolution!
早晨!ToBu for short.
[violet] wrote:You are my go-to nation for long names.
Oct 16 2018- Indo States wrote:YOU'RE FALSE TOBU
Apr 21 2020- Llalta wrote:omg tobu you’ve literally given me asthma with ur art

Callumackbar
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Callumackbar » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:49 pm

Callumackbar announces WorldVision 28 Contestant

Today, after three days of public voting, Callumackbar's entrant for the WorldVision 28 has been announced. Callumackbar's representative was voted to be Boy-Band Destiny, with their song Our Redemption which secured 45% of the vote. Voting results are as follows:

Our Redemption - Destiny, 45%.

Silverlight - Roma, 28%.

For Our Freedom - Azaria, 11%

Strength - Isabella Soha, 9%

Death to the Machines - Terminator, 7%

New Warwick
Envoy

Founded: Jun 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Warwick » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:12 am

Kalosia wrote:17? I turn 15 in 5 days and I'm still older than him.

You turn 15 in a couple days, and I turned 15 almost ten years ago...god I'm elderly.

The point of making this post: I'll vote in the NFs in the next few days, as well as post my own.
WV23: Underwater, by Rosaline - 18th (44p)
WV24: Nostalgia, by Annika X - 6th (77p)
WV25: Oh Tomorrow (Brand New Lover), by Cynthanie Waldon - 18th (38p)
WV26: At the Partyhouse, by Glass Grenades - 25th (38p)
WV27: Nothing In It, by Lavinia - 20th (56p)
WV28: Into the Fire, by Demelze Brook - 12th (70p)
WV29: Under the Moonlight, by Corey Barton - 4th (109p)
WV30: Leave, by Helen Mirno - 6th (80p)

WHF9: Love, by Carla Rourke - 16th (8p)
WHF10: Stay With You, by Femme Vitale - 21st (4p)
WHF11: All My Life, by Black Daisy - 9th (17p)
WHF12: Nothing Like You, by Natural - 14th (7p)
WHF13: Leave, by Helen Mirno - 3rd (36p)

Zavlia
Envoy

Founded: Jul 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zavlia » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:29 am

Zavlia is entering a host bid

Introduction
The theme for Zavlia’s entry is “experience life”. This based on old Zavlian philosophy where it was believed that in order to live a full life and become a wise person, you had to experience life, both the highs and lows, love and hate, your culture and other cultures, winning and losing, hope and despair.
Azila Bakulula
wife of King Attatu, who embedded this philosophy into Zavlian way of life.

The city
Al Jerinamli is located in Cemlikha, the eastern state along the east Zavlian coastline. It is a very popular holiday resort with many nationalities across the world flocking for the white sand beaches, belly dancing, open air markets and a taste of traditional Zavlian life. The city dates back to 18BC where it was a haven for Zavlian and Kazalstani traders who would travel through the vast desert of Ulanzira to trade pottery, tools and jewellery. The city has many hotels and restaurants as well as a large theme park. The market district covers an area of 5km squared, where people can walk through experiencing the food, clothing, art and craft etc of Zavlia. Here you can hear traditional music being played on each avenue or “Triklav”. Al Jerinamli people are known for being down to earth, warm and welcoming. It is where Zavlians travel to on holiday and many from big industrial areas own second properties in Al Jerinamli.
Zavlian is of course spoken by the residents; however, many will speak English as a foreign language, and depending on their high school will also speak Hebrew, Anollasian, Euskal or Kingfordian.

One of the beaches in Al Jerinamli

Castle Natri home to the former Royal family of Cemlikha

A typical Triklav

The market area in Al Jerinamli

Transport
Al Jerinamli has a major international airport to the south of the city which is a 40min drive from the major hotels and an hour from the arena. It has three terminals. T1 for El Zav flights only (Zavlia’s flag carrier), T2 for major international airlines, T3 for all other airlines.
The city itself is served by a tram system which covers all neighbourhoods in Al Jerinamli and is the best mode of transport in the city. Tickets are subsidised by the government, (government owned) a day tickets across the whole system costing 6Zavs (£2). Central Station is where cross country trains can be found.
There are taxis in the city, but these are quite expensive 25Zavs (£8.30) for 10km.
Al Jerinamli trams

Arena
Avvarashi Ontimalav is the arena for the contest named after King Avvarashi II who unified the seven Zavlian states together. It was built in 1980 and can seat 20,000 people.

The stage has one main screen and two side screens which images, videos etc can be played on. At the front of the stage the Zavlian national orchestra will be playing the music and conducted by Timur Onc, famous conductor who has conducted all the Zavlian entries to WorldVision. Whilst the performers will be on a rised stage behind the orchestra. This is big enough to fit 40 people on at once. There are left and right wings where the acts will enter and exit the stage from.
The evening will be hosted by Gori and Hazal who are extremely experienced as they host the Zavlian national finals and present the Zavlian commentary.

Entertainment
Walking around the streets in the day, you will hear and certainly see the traditional bands and dancers. In the evening, Al Jerinamli comes alive with bars and clubs. If you travel further out of the city you will find many parks and wildlife parks that you can walk through. Back on the beach, there are often BBQ parties open to everyone so just bring along something to cook and join in!

Zavlian street band

Street music and dance

Accommodation
In Al Jerinamli, there is a district which is where all the hotels can be found. Contestants may choose which hotel they stay at, however, one example is “The White Dove hotel”. Pictures of the room and lobby can be seen below. The hotel has a 24hour reception, spa and swimming pool.

White Dove Hotel

Room

Room

Postcards
Postcards will have a dove (The symbol of Zavlia) with the country’s flag and a word in the country’s language as well as the Zavlian translation.
Last edited by Zavlia on Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
El Zav Airlines
WorldVizjon
WV23 33rd place
WV24 29th place
WV25 16th Place
WV26 31st Place
WV27 14th Place
WV28 9th Place
WV29 13th Place

1st International Curling Championships 8th place

Yakostan
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yakostan » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:42 am

New Warwick wrote:

You turn 15 in a couple days, and I turned 15 almost ten years ago...god I'm elderly.

The point of making this post: I'll vote in the NFs in the next few days, as well as post my own.

Wait, Kalosia's 14?!! For Christ sake you're talented Kolosia.
Former Chief Executive of the Genesis Corporation
Infamous WorldVision Sheep Entry

Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -4.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.33

WorldVision Results:
WV 22: 19th for Beards (Ba Ba Ba)
WV 23: 30th for Jimmian Tell Overture
Punch in the Face Award: Phoen
WV 24: 27th for Ours is Best
Middle Finger Award: Ultimate Evil
Shut the F Up Award: Lymantia
WV 25: N/A for Die in a Hole
Newcomer What the F*ck Award: Lymryk Isles
WV 28: 30th for Do the Pelvic Shake
Golden Dick Award: New Warwick
WV 32: DQ for Pilgrim

Kingsley Bedford
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 18, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Kingsley Bedford » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:55 am

KINGFORDIAN HOSTBID FOR WV 28

THE LOGO & THEME

The Logo for the contest is a vibrant, colourful design that will reflect the theme for the contest COLOURS AND SOUNDS which is a reflection of what the contest is all about, people of different nationalities, races and cultures coming together (Colours) and sharing their music with the world (Sounds). We think that both this vibrant logo and innovative theme serves as a perfect reflection of the contest and its participants and we hope that the world will like it too.

BJORNHEIM: THE HOST CITY

For this bid KBBS wants to differentiate from previous Kingfordian host bids by holding the contest outside of the Kingfordian capital for the first time. We want to introduce visitors to a new corner of Kingsley Bedford, BJORNHEIM, the capital of Kingsley Bedford's Nordholm region and Kingsley Bedford's 3rd largest city

Bjornheim is a city of 750,000 people, with the majority of the demographic consisting of Scandinavian-Kingfordians (a Nordic minority that make up 40% of the Kingfordian population). The City dates back hundreds of years and began as a small fishing village in the scenic Fjord county, which grew into the thriving city and cultural hub of the region that it is today. The locals are very friendly and welcoming to all visitors and most are trilingual, speaking either Norwegian or Swedish (depending on their roots), English and Kingfordian. Many famous Kingfordian singers have hailed from Bjornheim including WV26 representative Anna Jorgensen so the city has already made its mark on WorldVision.

TRANSPORT:

Bjornheim is serviced by BJORNHEIM INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, the gateway to Nordholm. Kingfordian Airlines, the national airline of Kingsley Bedford has very kindly provided charter flights from each participating nation to Bjornheim to help fans and delegations make the trip to the contest as conveniently as possible. Additional scheduled air services will also be available according to the usual schedule.

All delegations will be provided with their own bus for transportation to and from their hotel and the venue. For the fans and spectators, we will also provide a shuttle bus service which will service all major hotels and provide transport to the venue free of charge for all ticket holders and accredited fans. The buses will run every hour. The city itself is very pedestrian friendly and you can walk pretty much anywhere.

ACCOMMODATION

Bjornholm has many hotels for you to stay at with very reasonable prices and ultimate comfort. Several hotels are within 5 mins walking distance from the venue and the rest are no further than 10 mins walking distance from the venue.

BJORNHEIM GRAND PLAZA: Bjornheim's flagship hotel, a 2,000 room luxury hotel is located 5 mins walking distance from the venue. The hotel boasts 8 dining options, with cuisine from all over the world on offer, an indoor heated swimming pool, business centre and in-room wifi as well as a world class day spa and salon that is open 24/7 to pamper our guests.

FOOD

Bjornheim offers a wide selection of both local and international cuisine which is bound to have something for everyone.

The local food is very much influenced by the regions Nordic roots and therefore differs to the local fare found in other regions of Kingsley Bedford. Due to the geographic location of Bjornheim, which is situated at the mouth of the Nordholmfjorden, Kingsley Bedford's largest fjord and the city's history as a major fishing hub of the region; a large amount of local dishes consist of fish and seafood. For those who prefer meat we have a wide range of game, pork and beef dishes as well.

In addition to the local food, Bjornheim's restaurants also offer cuisine from all over the world including many of the participating countries at WorldVision. So if the local fare isn't your thing you're sure to find something.

ENTERTAINMENT:

Bjornheim offers a wide range of nightlife,shopping, cultural attractions and sightseeing to occupy your spare time.

For WorldVision visitors Bjornheim is transforming into the ultimate playground for WorldVision fans. With several spots throughout the city set aside for WorldVision fans and delegations to enjoy themselves. The VISIONCLUB will be located in the very popular Blueroom Nightclub and will be open to all WorldVision fans and delegations.

In addition to that we will have a outdoor stage where WorldVision participants and past Kingfordian WorldVision participants will perform live every day during the week of the contest. The stage will be located in the main town square. A giant screen will also be setup in the square during the broadcast so that non-ticketholders can still watch the show live, giving everyone the chance to enjoy the contest.

THE VENUE

BJORNHEIM ARENA will serve as the venue for the contest. Completed 18 months ago, the 13,000 seat arena is the perfect venue for the contest. Renowned for its excellent acoustics the venue is located by the city centre waterfront. The adjoining convention centre will act as the press centre where all press conferences and media workareas will be located.

THE STAGE

The stage design for the contest is a state of the art high-tech set design with movable LED panels that can be customised for each act, capabilities for lowering objects from the roof to the stage using aerial harnesses, the latest in pyrotechnic capabilities (smoke, flames, shooting flames, sparks, water vapour jets) and spectacular lighting displays and lasers. It will be the most technological advanced stage Kingsley Bedford has ever created.

GREENROOM

The greenroom is located in a seperate room adjacent to the arena hall itself. Here the delegations can relax and unwind after their performance in their individual lounge areas and can watch the show (and later the voting) on the many tv screens fixed to the walls.

POSTCARDS:

The postcards will feature Images of a place in Kingsley Bedford or something that is a part of the Kingfordian lifestyle. As well as the name of the country, artist and song title.
These postcards will give you an insight into what our country has to offer and what everyday life is like for Kingfordians.

On behalf of the people of Bjornheim, Nordholm region and Kingsley Bedford, we welcome you to WorldVision Song Contest 28 in Bjornheim,KB
Last edited by Kingsley Bedford on Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:43 am, edited 9 times in total.
Kingfordian Republic of Kingsley Bedford
WA Delegate and head of diplomacy in Democratic Republics
Co-owner of Kiphtur Multinational
Co-President of United Democratic Party

http://kiphturmultinational.forumotion.com/index.htm < storefront
Federation of Democratic Republics <-- Join our region!

Vampirum
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Vampirum » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:44 am

New Warwick wrote:

I was 15 some years ago myself. So you aren't the only one. :lol:

Bloodbath Generation
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bloodbath Generation » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:36 am

OOC: Sorry for the small font on the images, it looked a bit better in Paint :P

Welcome to Egero City! With over 12,000,000 people residing in the area, this is the third-largest city in the nation. However, almost 30% of the population lives under the poverty line, with most of them in the 7 poorer districts known as Chimos. Nonetheless, the city is turning around, with no way but up. Above we can see, clockwise from left, the National Museum on Caci Island, a view of Pico Beach and Mont Micheli, the cliffside homes and hotels popularized by the rich and famous, and another view of Pico Beach, this side the more popular with locals. But this is only the beginning! Come on and see the many things we have to offer.

The city was founded by Catholic missionaries in 1831, and over 90% of the population are practicing Catholics. In 1981, the Statue of Christ Everlasting was erected on the top of Mont Kurat, standing over 1400 feet above the city. Pilgrims flock to the statue for its unexplained healing powers and Marian apparations. Another Catholic tradition, seen on your bottom left, is our annual Fiesta. Running for a week before Easter, 1 million people gather on Cooper and Pyle as carabezos, or schools of dance, battle it out with elaborate costumes and performances to be known as the "Reina de la Fiesta". The entire city shuts down, and the celebrations begin! Egerans are known to be very happy, party-loving people, and are sure to welcome you with open arms (maybe even a drink or two!) Whether it be on the beach, in town or wherever you may go, there's always someone to make you feel at home.

All Worldvision participants, along with their respective delegations, will be staying at the HVTEL XX, a new 4-star tower in the middle of City Park. Built in 2009, it provides stunning views of the city, along with world-class ammenities for you to enjoy, such as free wi-fi, cable tv, shower and tub, a Thai spa, space-age themed rooms by Copperfield Design, and the famous Central Fruit Market right outside your door. With rooms for 1 to 6 persons, up to 45 nations can be accomodated in the 564 rooms spread across 16 levels. Animals are also welcome, and a shuttle can drive people to wherever they want around the city.

Welcome to Brenton Arena! The largest stadium in the Coastal Region, there's room for 65,000 fans in the seats, and another 5,000 on the field, where the stage will be. Right on the Ysodo Bay, its open and retractable roof lets the cool sea breeze flow in, providing a natural air conditoner. In and around the arena are numerous dining, shopping and other entertainment facilities. While some may say it's a bit of an eyesore or too big for Worldvision, its size also makes it safe and ideal for even the most elaborate pyrotechnics, lighting and your performance in general. Hosting almost 30 concerts last year, it's a tried and tested venue, and is sure to make this edition one of the best.

They say the world is your stage, well here's your world for the big night. Designed by a team of Kalosian and Bloodbathian architects, you can see the model above. It's a very simple design, with a main stage, and a runway on the left and right. However, an interesting addition to this otherwise generic stage is the mosh pit. This pit can hold up to 1,500 people inside, but is open, so people can go in and out. It lets fans get closer to the stage and artist(s) than ever before, and is what makes this stage so special. Safety is a priority, and fans in the pit will have to be moved if fireworks are involved (anything not harmful like water and stuff is still ok.) The screens, as seen on the bottom left and top right, can be seperated into smaller screens, which can be rotated, moved, etc. A long rectangular screen above the main screen will also be added for the show.

After the show, contestants will come to the green room. We took the "green" a bit literally. Situated on top of the Brenton Arena,the Simmons Green Room will feature lounges, gardens, green space and just a place to hang out and have fun. The area around the retractable roof will be open, and contestants can easily go back and forth into the arena by elevators and stairs. About the lounges; each of them will have 2 levels, with a bar, numerous TV's to watch the show, and a dancefloor (if you still have the energy!) Before and after the show, fans can visit the green room and have a little more Worldvision-themed fun.

Now you've got the lay of the land. With sights to see, a sea to explore and more, what's there not to do? The nightlife in Egero City has always been bustling with activity, and now more than ever, with the Nightclub District having a new adventure every block, every night. In the bottom left, you see the screens, over 40x40 feet in size, which will be on Pico Beach and in the City Center so everyone can watch the show live, just as it is on TV and in the arena. First tried out during last years Worldvision, over 500,000 people watched on these public screens, and it was described as "surreal" and "stunning" by local media. There's a whole lot of people to meet, friends to make and things to discover. Go on a journey, and see what you can find for yourself!

Other Stuff

Postcards: As shown as an example here, they will be almost exactly like the logo, but with the nation name, song and artist (in that order) made in the colors of the flag, or any other requested color(s).
Last edited by Bloodbath Generation on Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mourro
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mourro » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:06 am

Hello!

I'm new to WorldVision...am I still able to enter?

If so I'd like to make Mourro's entry the following:

Singer: Claudia del Mi
Song title: Piji di Kano (Kano's Pigeon)

Do I have to post the lyrics here too?

Many thanks!
Factbook: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=39022
Silver Corporation News: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=112659
National Ecographic: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=112142
The Gajeli Broadsheet: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=133372
Embassy Application: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=38675
The Green Shield: viewtopic.php?ns=1&f=23&t=172772
A Prince's Demise: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=171023
The Mourron Education Ministry: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=172821

Kingsley Bedford
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 18, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Kingsley Bedford » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:46 am

Mourro wrote:Hello!

Many thanks!

Yes you're still able to enter, signups are still open.

You don't post the lyrics here, that happens later when the contest thread opens, this is just the signups thread
Kingfordian Republic of Kingsley Bedford
WA Delegate and head of diplomacy in Democratic Republics
Co-owner of Kiphtur Multinational
Co-President of United Democratic Party

http://kiphturmultinational.forumotion.com/index.htm < storefront
Federation of Democratic Republics <-- Join our region!

Crolacia
Minister

Founded: May 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Crolacia » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:47 am

Mourro wrote:Hello!

Many thanks!

You are able to enter :)
But don't post your lyrics yet. They are posted in a new Contest thread as soon as the sign-ups are closed.

Mourro
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mourro » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:56 am

Excellent, thank you! I'll await the contest thread then :-)
Factbook: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=39022
Silver Corporation News: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=112659
National Ecographic: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=112142
The Gajeli Broadsheet: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=133372
Embassy Application: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=38675
The Green Shield: viewtopic.php?ns=1&f=23&t=172772
A Prince's Demise: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=171023
The Mourron Education Ministry: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=172821

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates