NATION

PASSWORD

Super Hero High: Prometheus Rising (OOC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:58 am

Nakarisaune wrote:Hey guys, how many babies have been born RP-wise since I was last here?

None...YET
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:12 am

If you guys haven't noticed by now, I spend way too much time on the computer...
My Last.FM and RYM

Orinon
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 08, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Orinon » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:14 am

Well, I've been sick the last few days, so :P
I did some threads a long ass time ago that some people care about Iunno ya'll crazy.

Answers to Orinon or Watery. Part time author, part time gas station attendant, full time cynical bastard.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:21 am

Orinon wrote:Well, I've been sick the last few days, so :P

So THAT'S why you've been posting so much :lol:
My Last.FM and RYM

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:52 am

Oh geez, I just laid down in bed for like 30 minutes, just thinking and being half asleep, and I got a whole bunch of new ideas related to Cassie and some stuff related to the current conversation with her and Josh, along with putting more detail into some ideas I already had.

I love how the ONE thing I just lay there thinking about for 30 minutes is my freaking RP characters...not my life. Not what is going on in my life. Not what I'm going to do with my life. Not any of that. Just...my RP characters.

Oh how I need a life.
My Last.FM and RYM

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:30 pm

Not that I need any more characters, but I have an idea for one that I'm having a hard time resisting making...

Can I?

They might be kinda minor.
Times are looking grim these days~

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:32 pm

Terintania wrote:Not that I need any more characters, but I have an idea for one that I'm having a hard time resisting making...

Can I?

I could act them depending on what they are
Global War on Crime
______
Operation: VENGEFUL SPIRIT
|____|
Order of the Purple Cross
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:34 pm

Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:
Terintania wrote:Not that I need any more characters, but I have an idea for one that I'm having a hard time resisting making...

Can I?

I could act them depending on what they are

That...would kind of defeat the whole point. :eyebrow:

I play them because they would be fun to play, not because I want them here.

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:39 pm

Terintania wrote:
Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:I could act them depending on what they are

Alright Crabby, I was just attempting to help sheesh :P
Global War on Crime
______
|____|
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:40 pm

Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:
Terintania wrote:

Alright Crabby, I was just attempting to help sheesh :P

:P

The main problem for me with making this character is I don't know what everyone else will think. I know I can manage this many characters, I just don't know if Mighty Asgard will want me to.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:45 pm

Terintania wrote:The main problem for me with making this character is I don't know what everyone else will think. I know I can manage this many characters, I just don't know if Mighty Asgard will want me to.

*Looks at Orinon's 7 characters*
My Last.FM and RYM

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:49 pm

Corrian wrote:
Terintania wrote:The main problem for me with making this character is I don't know what everyone else will think. I know I can manage this many characters, I just don't know if Mighty Asgard will want me to.

*Looks at Orinon's 7 characters*

Didn't Orinon justify their presence as part of a plotline?
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Orinon
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Orinon » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:06 pm

I tend to only RP 2 or 3 of my characters at once. You may noticed that the second Markus popped up in the gym, Abigale vanished into thin air.
I did some threads a long ass time ago that some people care about Iunno ya'll crazy.

Answers to Orinon or Watery. Part time author, part time gas station attendant, full time cynical bastard.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:12 pm

Orinon wrote:I tend to only RP 2 or 3 of my characters at once. You may noticed that the second Markus popped up in the gym, Abigale vanished into thin air.

I tend to do that in RP's with a lot of characters, too, like my Medieval RP on a side forum that has a gazillion characters. Just kind of make the ones not doing anything act as if they don't exist.
My Last.FM and RYM

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:45 pm

So against my better judgement, instead of just making my bully character, I made another character who has been stuck on my mind that I wanted to develop more, so now I have 2 apps. Blah, whatever. I've specifically made them only minor characters, but then again Caitlin was a minor character and Cassie was my main (She still is, technically), and suddenly Caitlin got tons of development and became a much more important part of the RP.

Name: Andrew Breckenridge
Nationality: American
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 160
Hair: Short and brown
Eyes: Brown
ImageImage

Costume (if any): None, at least yet
Abilities: Super Speed, which well, makes him be able to travel at super fast speeds, especially once he masters it more.

Ice Manipulation, the ability to make ice, control it, asborb it, and so on, along with eventually the ability to make the temperature drop if he gets good enough.
Dorm: Vigilante
Brief Bio: Andrew was just your average day teenaged American, who went to school, did his homework, played his Call of Duty, hung out with friends, and so on. At school he was known as a bully, though people had thought that they had seen him be bullied before, too. He had been rather influenced by his friends and became a bit of an ass to everyone around him, insulting them, bullying them, trying to hurt their feelings, whatever. It didn't always work but he got some sort of gratification out of hurting others that nobody really understood beyond himself, though he wasn't even certain if he understood it.

The way he discovered both of his powers wasn't the greatest. His ice manipulation he discovered by accidentally freezing his girlfriends fingers together while he was holding her hands and kissing her. Or well, more like girl he knew for a day that he was kissing that he never saw again after that. Luckily he handed frozen her lips together, too.

His super speed he learned during in the middle of a track race, making him win the race and instantly get disqualified for obvious cheating. He thought of ways to use this to his advantage without making it obvious that he was cheating, but never got the chance before being sent to the Academy by his parents for now being this crazy person with powers they were afraid to deal with. He didn't particularly mind and now he had no friends to deal with OR parents...just authorities at a school full of superheroes.

App
Name: Kira Ivanova
Nationality: Russian
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 124
Hair: Long, rusty blonde hair or whatever you call it. Not as blonde as Cassie's but not really brown, either. Somewhere in between.
Eyes: Blue.
ImageImageImage

Costume (if any): None as of yet but she'll probably make a costume of some sort at some point.
Abilities: Enhanced Vision:
Night Vision
Microscopic Vision
Telescopic Vision
Infrared Vision
X-Ray Vision
I think the names are self-explanatory

Kira switches through the different forms of her vision ability by thinking about what she wants and blinking, and when it happens her eyes can change color to look more appropriate to something you would see from, say, night vision goggles.

And for RP sakes, they will all start out weak or some weaker then others. Only reason I had so many is because I feel as if it could be technically multiple divisions of one ability.
Dorm: Hero
Brief Bio: Kira had always been considered abnormal and weird by the people around her, though her parents appeared to have absolutely no problems with it and actually welcomed their daughter to be different. Kira herself found people calling her different and weird to be more of a compliment then an insult like people seemed to want it to be sometimes. She could be fascinated by the strangest of things, and often you could find her with all sorts of weird objects that she had laying around all the time. Throughout her school years she never made a whole lot of friends because of not fitting into the trends of clothing or the normal way you're supposedly supposed to act, but she never let it get her down and it didn't even seem to bother her that much. She just continued on being herself and trying to be nice to others when she could. Her Russian accent is very noticeable when she speaks English, but she isn't hard to understand. While her English may not be perfect it is pretty fluent, and her Russian is rather good as well.

Then one day she discovered her powers and not terribly long later went to the Academy for the Empowered.

And yes, going around the school with a Masquerade mask on her head was not abnormal for her, and was actually quite common.
My Last.FM and RYM

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:31 am

Can I?

Yes you can.

Corrian wrote:
So against my better judgement, instead of just making my bully character, I made another character who has been stuck on my mind that I wanted to develop more, so now I have 2 apps. Blah, whatever. I've specifically made them only minor characters, but then again Caitlin was a minor character and Cassie was my main (She still is, technically), and suddenly Caitlin got tons of development and became a much more important part of the RP.

Name: Andrew Breckenridge
Nationality: American
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 160
Hair: Short and brown
Eyes: Brown

Costume (if any): None, at least yet
Abilities: Super Speed, which well, makes him be able to travel at super fast speeds, especially once he masters it more.

Ice Manipulation, the ability to make ice, control it, asborb it, and so on, along with eventually the ability to make the temperature drop if he gets good enough.
Dorm: Vigilante
Brief Bio: Andrew was just your average day teenaged American, who went to school, did his homework, played his Call of Duty, hung out with friends, and so on. At school he was known as a bully, though people had thought that they had seen him be bullied before, too. He had been rather influenced by his friends and became a bit of an ass to everyone around him, insulting them, bullying them, trying to hurt their feelings, whatever. It didn't always work but he got some sort of gratification out of hurting others that nobody really understood beyond himself, though he wasn't even certain if he understood it.

The way he discovered both of his powers wasn't the greatest. His ice manipulation he discovered by accidentally freezing his girlfriends fingers together while he was holding her hands and kissing her. Or well, more like girl he knew for a day that he was kissing that he never saw again after that. Luckily he handed frozen her lips together, too.

His super speed he learned during in the middle of a track race, making him win the race and instantly get disqualified for obvious cheating. He thought of ways to use this to his advantage without making it obvious that he was cheating, but never got the chance before being sent to the Academy by his parents for now being this crazy person with powers they were afraid to deal with. He didn't particularly mind and now he had no friends to deal with OR parents...just authorities at a school full of superheroes.

App
Name: Kira Ivanova
Nationality: Russian
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 124
Hair: Long, rusty blonde hair or whatever you call it. Not as blonde as Cassie's but not really brown, either. Somewhere in between.
Eyes: Blue.(Image)(Image)(Image)
Costume (if any): None as of yet but she'll probably make a costume of some sort at some point.
Abilities: Enhanced Vision:
Night Vision
Microscopic Vision
Telescopic Vision
Infrared Vision
X-Ray Vision
I think the names are self-explanatory

Kira switches through the different forms of her vision ability by thinking about what she wants and blinking, and when it happens her eyes can change color to look more appropriate to something you would see from, say, night vision goggles.

And for RP sakes, they will all start out weak or some weaker then others. Only reason I had so many is because I feel as if it could be technically multiple divisions of one ability.
Dorm: Hero
Brief Bio: Kira had always been considered abnormal and weird by the people around her, though her parents appeared to have absolutely no problems with it and actually welcomed their daughter to be different. Kira herself found people calling her different and weird to be more of a compliment then an insult like people seemed to want it to be sometimes. She could be fascinated by the strangest of things, and often you could find her with all sorts of weird objects that she had laying around all the time. Throughout her school years she never made a whole lot of friends because of not fitting into the trends of clothing or the normal way you're supposedly supposed to act, but she never let it get her down and it didn't even seem to bother her that much. She just continued on being herself and trying to be nice to others when she could. Her Russian accent is very noticeable when she speaks English, but she isn't hard to understand. While her English may not be perfect it is pretty fluent, and her Russian is rather good as well.

Then one day she discovered her powers and not terribly long later went to the Academy for the Empowered.

And yes, going around the school with a Masquerade mask on her head was not abnormal for her, and was actually quite common.

Accepted.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:37 am

The power thing is kind of experimental to see if it's allowed. If you want me to change it, I completely understand, but I was thinking that maybe it would be fine because he may have a lot, but he can only use one or two at a time.

Name: Simon Pascel
Nationality: British
Height: 6 foot 3
Weight: Average
Hair: Dark brown
Eyes: Normally a deep mysterious blue. They flash gold when he uses some of his powers.
The guy on the right

Costume:

Abilities:Simon has Split Personalities. He has different powers for each personality. He can ONLY use each power when he's in the personality it's associated with.
Healing:
When Simon is in his happiest personality, he can heal people. This skill is kind of unrefined and only sometimes works. (Obviously only if the player wants it to)His eyes flash gold when using this power.
Telekinesis:
When in his normal sort of middle-ground personality, he can use Telekinesis. His is decent at this power, but not awesome. His eyes flash gold when he uses it. With this power, he's more of the type that can push and pull things, rather then like, floating things around with his mind. Basically he can throw things through the air.
Self Sustinance.
Basically he doesn't have to eat, sleep, drink, go to the bathroom, doesn't need to get out of the cold or heat, and can sit still for a very long time with no issues.
This power is Passive but is only in his middle personality.
Super Strength
When in his psychotic bloodthirsty personality, Simon has the strength to tear a man limb-from-limb with a little effort. This is a passive thing in that personality. It's best not to piss him off.
Dorm: Villain (Not his choice)
Brief Bio: When he was young, he killed his parents, though the police thought he was innocent, seeing as he was like, 4 at the time. After that he was meant to go to a foster home, but he ran away. He ended up killing more people, and soon the police discovered that it was him. He lived his life on the run, and when he was about 13, he discovered that when he got into his worst personality, not only did he want to kill everyone in sight, but he became extra strong. Strong enough to rip people apart with his bare hands. As he got older, he got stronger, which just made it worse. The police soon discovered that he was killing people with his bare hands, and he became a high priority target, dead or alive. He lived on the run for another two years when he was finally captured by some freak group who had heard about the bounty on him. The only way he was captured was by someone he saw as a friend betraying him. For some reason, the group never turned him in, and just kept him chained to a wall in a concrete room. For three years Simon was chained to that wall, screaming threats and insults that the group just ignored. For the three years Simon had pretty much constantly been in his worst personality, and there were many times that the group had to drug him to repair the chains. After three years, a girl came. She was part of the group, but she took pity on him. She was the only one that could calm him down enough to have a real conversation with him. One day, she freed him, and no matter how hard she tried to calm him down this time, he couldn't be stopped. He killed each and every one of the group members slowly and painfully. The girl waited it out in hiding, knowing that if she was seen, he would kill her without a thought. Only once they were all dead did he calm down enough for her to talk to him. It had pretty much been love at first sight for them, and she was the only one who could control Simon's personalities and keep him happy. She gave up her life of safety to be with him, and joined him on the run, because the police had never given up on him. Four months later Simon stole an engagement ring, and a set of wedding rings, and asked her to marry him. They got married in some dirty back ally, alone, but they didn't mind, because they were together. Those were probably the most sane four months of his life. His girlfriend/wife taught him everything she knew about medical stuff, which was quite a lot, and they had fighting matches, most of which he would get his arse kicked in. He was good at fighting, but she was great. One day, a month after they got married, they got cornered by a three cops, or more like SWAT members. Simon lost control and tore them limb from limb, quite literally. But killing the SWAT members wasn't enough for his long suppressed killer side, and he killed his wife, brutally and messily. Once he regained control, he was horrified. He ran from the scene, hearbroken and ready to kill himself, but his darker side would not let him. He was even more wanted now, and though he felt like turning himself in, he never did. Over the years, he had discovered his various powers at different points in time. Someone discovered that he had powers and threatened to turn him over to the police, unless he went to Super Hero High. Not quite sure why, Simon agreed, and the guy took care of the paperwork for him, which is why he ended up in the villain dorm.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:15 am

Mighty Asgard wrote:Accepted.

Thanks O'Mighty Old Monk of Super Hero High.
My Last.FM and RYM

Pragia
Powerbroker

Founded: May 08, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pragia » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:33 am

Dunno what to do ICly, maybe just try and figure out about his power.

Also had funny idea where he accidentally clones himself/another character

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:44 pm

Terintania wrote:
The power thing is kind of experimental to see if it's allowed. If you want me to change it, I completely understand, but I was thinking that maybe it would be fine because he may have a lot, but he can only use one or two at a time.

Eyes: Normally a deep mysterious blue. They flash gold when he uses some of his powers.
The guy on the right
(Image)
Costume: (Image)
Abilities:Simon has Split Personalities. He has different powers for each personality. He can ONLY use each power when he's in the personality it's associated with.
Healing:
When Simon is in his happiest personality, he can heal people. This skill is kind of unrefined and only sometimes works. (Obviously only if the player wants it to)His eyes flash gold when using this power.
Telekinesis:
When in his normal sort of middle-ground personality, he can use Telekinesis. His is decent at this power, but not awesome. His eyes flash gold when he uses it. With this power, he's more of the type that can push and pull things, rather then like, floating things around with his mind. Basically he can throw things through the air.
Self Sustinance.
Basically he doesn't have to eat, sleep, drink, go to the bathroom, doesn't need to get out of the cold or heat, and can sit still for a very long time with no issues.
Super Strength
When in his psychotic bloodthirsty personality, Simon has the strength to tear a man limb-from-limb with a little effort. This is a passive thing in that personality. It's best not to piss him off.
Brief Bio: When he was young, he killed his parents, though the police thought he was innocent, seeing as he was like, 4 at the time. After that he was meant to go to a foster home, but he ran away. He ended up killing more people, and soon the police discovered that it was him. He lived his life on the run, and when he was about 13, he discovered that when he got into his worst personality, not only did he want to kill everyone in sight, but he became extra strong. Strong enough to rip people apart with his bare hands. As he got older, he got stronger, which just made it worse. The police soon discovered that he was killing people with his bare hands, and he became a high priority target, dead or alive. He lived on the run for another two years when he was finally captured by some freak group who had heard about the bounty on him. The only way he was captured was by someone he saw as a friend betraying him. For some reason, the group never turned him in, and just kept him chained to a wall in a concrete room. For three years Simon was chained to that wall, screaming threats and insults that the group just ignored. For the three years Simon had pretty much constantly been in his worst personality, and there were many times that the group had to drug him to repair the chains. After three years, a girl came. She was part of the group, but she took pity on him. She was the only one that could calm him down enough to have a real conversation with him. One day, she freed him, and no matter how hard she tried to calm him down this time, he couldn't be stopped. He killed each and every one of the group members slowly and painfully. The girl waited it out in hiding, knowing that if she was seen, he would kill her without a thought. Only once they were all dead did he calm down enough for her to talk to him. It had pretty much been love at first sight for them, and she was the only one who could control Simon's personalities and keep him happy. She gave up her life of safety to be with him, and joined him on the run, because the police had never given up on him. Four months later Simon stole an engagement ring, and a set of wedding rings, and asked her to marry him. They got married in some dirty back ally, alone, but they didn't mind, because they were together. Those were probably the most sane four months of his life. His girlfriend/wife taught him everything she knew about medical stuff, which was quite a lot, and they had fighting matches, most of which he would get his arse kicked in. He was good at fighting, but she was great. One day, a month after they got married, they got cornered by a three cops, or more like SWAT members. Simon lost control and tore them limb from limb, quite literally. But killing the SWAT members wasn't enough for his long suppressed killer side, and he killed his wife, brutally and messily. Once he regained control, he was horrified. He ran from the scene, hearbroken and ready to kill himself, but his darker side would not let him. He was even more wanted now, and though he felt like turning himself in, he never did. Over the years, he had discovered his various powers at different points in time. Someone discovered that he had powers and threatened to turn him over to the police, unless he went to Super Hero High. Not quite sure why, Simon agreed, and the guy took care of the paperwork for him, which is why he ended up in the villain dorm.

Accepted.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:01 pm

Mighty Asgard wrote:
Terintania wrote:

The guy on the right
(Image)
Costume: (Image)
Healing:
Telekinesis:
Self Sustinance.
Super Strength

Accepted.

Yay! *dances around*

Now to figure out how to start

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:51 pm

I have a question. How much do you care about cuss words being used in the RP, Mighty Asgard? Simon can be kind of a potty mouth when he's angry, but I can tone that down if you want.

Orinon
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Orinon » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:22 pm

Pragia wrote:Dunno what to do ICly, maybe just try and figure out about his power.

Also had funny idea where he accidentally clones himself/another character

I'm sorry. I sorta wrote myself into a corner with Goltia and Markus, but I found a cheap way out.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:29 pm

Does anyone else find it strange that Robert is completely ignoring the fact that Cole is like, see-through and muttering to himself? There's like, not so much as an acknowledgement of it. :eyebrow:

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:31 pm

Terintania wrote:Does anyone else find it strange that Robert is completely ignoring the fact that Cole is like, see-through and muttering to himself? There's like, not so much as an acknowledgement of it. :eyebrow:

I think he seems completely normal, course I was around aliens, vampires, lycans, demons, cyborgs and all kinds of crap back in 51 XD
Global War on Crime
______
|____|
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______