NATION

PASSWORD

NSG Senate Chamber [NSG Senate] - Version 3

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Free South Califas
Senator

Founded: May 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Free South Califas » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:07 pm

Maklohi Vai wrote:
Free South Califas wrote:I may have missed something about the requirements for making a motion. Fair enough:

That is not a motion, that's a statement. It's not valid in any way. However, considering it's been treated de facto as such and received enough seconds, we will move to Senate Procedures.

Mea culpa. I'll have to check the OP and refresh my knowledge.

Animal Protection Force
Civilian

Founded: Jul 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Animal Protection Force » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:08 pm

Gothmogs wrote:
Naked Eye Requirement for Visibility and Understanding is Necessary Act (NERVUN Act)
Drafted By: Gothmogs
Sponsors: Maklohi Vai, The Grand Republic of Hannover, Geilinor, Free South Califas, Malgrave, Venaleria, Seitonjin, Mediciano
SIMBEDS Category: Senate Procedures

At the moment anyone can add invisible text to a bill simply by making the font extremely small. If this were to be legal, anyone could add extra text to a perfectly reasonable bill, and make themselves supreme rulers or repeal bills they don't like without the knowledge or actual consent of the senate. This bill sets out to stop that.

Section 1 - Visibility Requirement
1. Hereby mandates that no bill may contain text or writing that is invisible, or cannot be seen by the naked eye.

2. Any bill that does contain such text or writing and passes, will be required to strike null and void the invisible or unseen text or writing.

Section 2 - Consequences
1. Any bill writer who submits a bill they wrote with invisible or unseen text or writing to the queue, has a bill they wrote in the queue with invisible or unseen text or writing, or has written a bill that has passed with invisible or unseen text or writing, will be suspended from voting or adding bills to the queue for a month after the invisible or unseen text or writing is found.

2. Should a person commit any of the above offences twice, that person who committed the offence twice will be suspended from adding bills to the queue for a year, and will be suspended from voting on bills for three months.

3. Should a person commit any of the above offences more than twice, that person who committed the offences more than twice will be banned from adding bills to the queue for the rest of their lives, and will be banned from voting on bills for a year.

Section 3 - Catching Invisible Text
1. Hereby requires the spellcheckers to search for invisible or unseen text, and report any findings to the Senate President pro tempore, or to the constabularies.

Hereby passes the NERVUN Act.

I motion to add this to Senate Procedures.

I think this was missed.
You have the right to remain silent, however anything you do say can and could be taken down and be used in a court of law against you. Beware of failing to mention something now which you later rely on in a Court of Law. You have the right to Legal Assistance.
---
  1. Commissioner
  2. Deputy Commissioner
  3. Superintendent
  4. Chief Inspector
  5. Inspector
  6. Sergeant
  7. Corporal
  8. Constable
Factbook
Environmentalists with semi-automatic pistols

Oneracon
Senator

Founded: Jul 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Oneracon » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:09 pm

Oneracon wrote:Second Amendment to the Second Constitution of the Senate (Improvement of Archiving), has enough sponsors to be added to Senate Procedures.

Second Amendment to the Second Constitution of the Senate (Improvement of Archiving)
Urgency: Medium | Author: Oneracon [RG] | Category: Senate Procedures
Co-sponsors: Venaleria [RG], Maklohi Vai [LD], Free South Califas [C], Battlion [NLP], The Grand Republic of Hannover [FW], Gothmogs [TR]

The Senate of the Aurentine Commonwealth,

NOTING the difficulties that may arise when transferring passed legislation to the official Senate Archives;

SEEKING to ensure the efficient and accurate archiving of legislation

HEREBY ENACTS the following amendments to the Second Constitution of the Senate:
  1. Article 2 ("Legislation and Other Requirements"), Section 4 shall be changed to read:
      The layout of legislation submitted to the Chamber shall mimic this one and shall be accompanied by a BBCode version to allow for accurate archiving.

Code: Select all
[box][align=center][size=150][b]Second Amendment to the Second Constitution of the Senate (Improvement of Archiving)[/b][/size]
[b]Urgency:[/b] Medium | [b]Author:[/b] [nation]Oneracon[/nation] [RG] | [b]Category:[/b] Senate Procedures
[b]Co-sponsors:[/b] [nation]Venaleria[/nation] [RG], [nation]Maklohi Vai[/nation] [LD], [nation]Free South Califas[/nation] [C], [nation]Battlion[/nation] [NLP], [nation]The Grand Republic of Hannover[/nation] [FW], [nation]Gothmogs[/nation] [TR][/align][hr][/hr] The Senate of the Aurentine Commonwealth,

[b]NOTING[/b] the difficulties that may arise when transferring passed legislation to the official Senate Archives;

[b]SEEKING[/b] to ensure the efficient and accurate archiving of legislation

[b]HEREBY ENACTS[/b] the following amendments to the [i]Second Constitution of the Senate[/i]:
[list=1][*]Article 2 ("Legislation and Other Requirements"), Section 4 shall be changed to read:
[list][i]The layout of legislation submitted to the Chamber shall mimic this one and shall be accompanied by a BBCode version to allow for accurate archiving.[/i][/list] [/list][/box]

Ditto missed.
Compass
Economic Left/Right: -8.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.72
Oneracon IC Links
Factbook
Embassies

"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power"
Pro:LGBTQ+ rights, basic income, secularism, gun control, internet freedom, civic nationalism, non-military national service, independent Scotland, antifa
Anti: Social conservatism, laissez-faire capitalism, NuAtheism, PETA, capital punishment, Putin, SWERF, TERF, GamerGate, "Alt-right" & neo-Nazism, Drumpf, ethnic nationalism, "anti-PC", pineapple on pizza

Your resident Canadian neutral good socdem graduate student.

*Here, queer, and not a prop for your right-wing nonsense.*

Battlion
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Battlion » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:17 pm

First Amendment to the Prime Minister and President's Questions Act
Urgency: Minor | Author: Battlion [NLP] | Category: Senate Procedures
Co-sponsors: Ainin [TR], Europe and The Americas [NLP], The Grand Republic of Hannover [FW], Lamaredia [NLP], Fulflood [LD], Venaleria [RG], Free South Califas [C], Geilinor [LD], Gothmogs [TR]

Preamble
The Senate has already recognised the importance of ensuring executive accountability to the Senate in the passing of the Prime Minister and President's Questions Act into law. However noting that these questions only need to be asked every fortnight with no other method of directly holding the government accountable and finding this inadequate , the Senate hereby enacts the following amendment.

Section I - Repeal of Part 1
1. The Senate hereby repeals part one of the Prime Minister and President's Questions Act and replaces it with the following text:
    "Orders that a thread be made for Prime Ministers Questions and Presidents Questions within one week of either office being filled and shall remain open until the individuals holding the office of the Prime Minister and/or President have been removed from office."

The First Amendment to the Prime Minister and President's Questions Act now has enough sponsors and I ask it be placed in the Senate Procedures category.

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:23 pm

I present this petition to the Senate on behalf of its 20 signatories.

Ainin wrote:
We the undersigned,

Acknowledging that Senator Joseph Kourie, author of acclaimed laws such as the Criminal Code of the Aurentine Commonwealth, had been an outspoken opponent of organized crime,

Saddened by his tragic death at the hands of criminals,

Believing his commendable actions as a member of the Aurentine Senate must be adequately remembered,

Urge the government of Aurentina to give a state funeral to Senator J. Kourie.

Signatories:
1) Sen. Alexander Ainin, TR
2) Sen. Rupert Weinthal, LD
3) Sen. Erich Malgrave, USLP
4) Sen. Cengiz Harun, TR
5) Min. Alexander Blec, CFE
6) Sen. Wulukuno Maklohi Porunalakai, LD
7) Sen. Jason Liu, NLP
8) Sen. Battlion, NLP
9) Sen. Lev Leo Lyonidas, CP
10) Sen. Mike Hollingsworth, NLP
11) Sen. Ryan Pierce, Ind.
12) Sen. Krynlavo, TR
13) Min. Zephaniah F. Nuckerberg, PC
14) Sen. Ricardo Cadiz, LFP
15) Sen. Charles Buckeye, Ind.
16) Pres. Guy Britanno, PC
17) Sen. Saul Califas, CP
18) Sen. Jay Ran-Bo, LD
19) Sen. Alexader Dustin vi Quirina, NCP
20) Sen. Tom Jenkins, RG
Last edited by Ainin on Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Republic of Nakong | 內江共和國 | IIwiki · Map · Kylaris
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

Venaleria
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Venaleria » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:02 pm

Animal Protection Force wrote:
Gothmogs wrote:
Naked Eye Requirement for Visibility and Understanding is Necessary Act (NERVUN Act)
Drafted By: Gothmogs
Sponsors: Maklohi Vai, The Grand Republic of Hannover, Geilinor, Free South Califas, Malgrave, Venaleria, Seitonjin, Mediciano
SIMBEDS Category: Senate Procedures

At the moment anyone can add invisible text to a bill simply by making the font extremely small. If this were to be legal, anyone could add extra text to a perfectly reasonable bill, and make themselves supreme rulers or repeal bills they don't like without the knowledge or actual consent of the senate. This bill sets out to stop that.

Section 1 - Visibility Requirement
1. Hereby mandates that no bill may contain text or writing that is invisible, or cannot be seen by the naked eye.

2. Any bill that does contain such text or writing and passes, will be required to strike null and void the invisible or unseen text or writing.

Section 2 - Consequences
1. Any bill writer who submits a bill they wrote with invisible or unseen text or writing to the queue, has a bill they wrote in the queue with invisible or unseen text or writing, or has written a bill that has passed with invisible or unseen text or writing, will be suspended from voting or adding bills to the queue for a month after the invisible or unseen text or writing is found.

2. Should a person commit any of the above offences twice, that person who committed the offence twice will be suspended from adding bills to the queue for a year, and will be suspended from voting on bills for three months.

3. Should a person commit any of the above offences more than twice, that person who committed the offences more than twice will be banned from adding bills to the queue for the rest of their lives, and will be banned from voting on bills for a year.

Section 3 - Catching Invisible Text
1. Hereby requires the spellcheckers to search for invisible or unseen text, and report any findings to the Senate President pro tempore, or to the constabularies.

Hereby passes the NERVUN Act.

I motion to add this to Senate Procedures.

I think this was missed.

No it was added, just to the wrong section, by mistake. :p Sorry! I will change that.
Vice President of Aurentina, representing Lüsen, District 375
Election Commissioner for the Red-Greens Party
NSG Senate Administrator
Ambassador to the Totally Rad Party
Join Sirius. Siriusly.
If you're going to spell my name, spell it correctly. Or you can just call me Ven or Venny.
"Is it behind the bunny?" "It IS the bunny!" -MP

Senate President pro Tempore
Civilian

Founded: Jul 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Senate President pro Tempore » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:13 pm

Ainin wrote:I present this petition to the Senate on behalf of its 20 signatories.

Ainin wrote:
We the undersigned,

Acknowledging that Senator Joseph Kourie, author of acclaimed laws such as the Criminal Code of the Aurentine Commonwealth, had been an outspoken opponent of organized crime,

Saddened by his tragic death at the hands of criminals,

Believing his commendable actions as a member of the Aurentine Senate must be adequately remembered,

Urge the government of Aurentina to give a state funeral to Senator J. Kourie.

Signatories:
1) Sen. Alexander Ainin, TR
2) Sen. Rupert Weinthal, LD
3) Sen. Erich Malgrave, USLP
4) Sen. Cengiz Harun, TR
5) Min. Alexander Blec, CFE
6) Sen. Wulukuno Maklohi Porunalakai, LD
7) Sen. Jason Liu, NLP
8) Sen. Battlion, NLP
9) Sen. Lev Leo Lyonidas, CP
10) Sen. Mike Hollingsworth, NLP
11) Sen. Ryan Pierce, Ind.
12) Sen. Krynlavo, TR
13) Min. Zephaniah F. Nuckerberg, PC
14) Sen. Ricardo Cadiz, LFP
15) Sen. Charles Buckeye, Ind.
16) Pres. Guy Britanno, PC
17) Sen. Saul Califas, CP
18) Sen. Jay Ran-Bo, LD
19) Sen. Alexader Dustin vi Quirina, NCP
20) Sen. Tom Jenkins, RG

I support this petition and believe it should be implemented.

- Venaleria
Current Officer: David Sloman
Questions/Comments/Concerns? Contact us at one of the following:

senatepresprotemp@auremail.com
(103) 265-3984-991

Civilian

Ex-Nation

Postby Senate President pro Tempore » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:15 pm

Free South Califas wrote:
Maklohi Vai wrote:That is not a motion, that's a statement. It's not valid in any way. However, considering it's been treated de facto as such and received enough seconds, we will move to Senate Procedures.

Mea culpa. I'll have to check the OP and refresh my knowledge.

I just let it go ahead because it seemed like there would be no point in requiring a redo of the motion etc. However, next time, I will ask that all motions are made clearly and effectively before continuing.
Last edited by Senate President pro Tempore on Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

(103) 265-3984-991

Mediciano
Envoy

Founded: Mar 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mediciano » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:15 pm

Senate President pro Tempore wrote:
Ainin wrote:I present this petition to the Senate on behalf of its 20 signatories.

- Venaleria

I have to say. The smiley face is wholly inappropriate.

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:18 pm

Mediciano wrote:
Senate President pro Tempore wrote:

- Venaleria

I have to say. The smiley face is wholly inappropriate.

I would complain about a lack of state funeral for my old senator, but then again given how muh money i spent on mercenaries, newscasters, and renting a street... Same thing
New Pyrrhius wrote:Byzantium, eat a Snickers. You become an imperialistic psychopathic dictatorship when you're hungry.

The Grumpy Cat wrote:Their very existence... makes me sick.
After a short 600 year rest, the Empire is back, and is better then ever! After our grueling experience since 1453, no longer will our great empire be suppressed. The Ottomans may be gone, but the war continues!
I support Thermonuclear Warfare. Do you?
Proud member of The Anti Democracy League
Senator Willem de Ruyter of the Civic Reform Party

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:20 pm

The Order of Aurentina Establishment Act should be linked to this amended one instead:

Order of Aurentina Establishment Act | Author: Ainin [TR], Finium [PC] | Sponsors: Oneracon [RG], Byzantium Imperial [NIFP], Vedastia [LFP] | Urgency: Meh

The Senate of Aurentina,

Affirming numerous persons have done great acts for the betterment of the nation,

Declaring that they should be recognized for their efforts,

Establishing the Order of Aurentina,

Marking its mission is to "Recognize great laudable efforts to improve the Commonwealth and assist the people therein",

Mandating that only persons making extraordinary effort to benefit Aurentina may receive this honour,

Separating the order into three ranks:

Grand Commander of the Order of Aurentina, CA [A maximum of 5 persons may hold this title at any given time]
Officer of the Order of Aurentina, OA [A maximum of 50 persons may hold this title at any given time]
Member of the Order of Aurentina, MA [A maximum of 200 persons may hold this title at any given time]

Honouring these persons with the prefix of "The Honourable" and the aforementioned suffix,

Creating the Order of Aurentina Panel, consisting of the President of Aurentina, who shall sit as non voting President of the Panel, and five persons appointed by the President to sit as members,

Tasking the committee with screening potential candidates and recommending nominees to the President, who may choose to accept or veto the committee's recommendation,

Noting the President's veto may be overruled by unanimous support from the panel,

Affirming that this honor is lifelong and may only be revoked by an Act of the Senate on the grounds of gross wrongdoing,

Hereby passes the Order of Aurentina Establishment Act.
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

Civilian

Ex-Nation

Postby Senate President pro Tempore » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:24 pm

Done.

(103) 265-3984-991

Free South Califas
Senator

Founded: May 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Free South Califas » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:30 am

OOC: Ainin, edit it, scroll down past the submit button, and click "Disable Smilies".
FSC Government
Senate: Saul Califas; First Deputy Leader of the Opposition
Senior Whip, Communist Party (Meiderup)

WA: Califan WA Detachment (CWAD).
Justice
On Autism/"R-word"
(Lir. apologized, so ignore that part.)
Anarchy Works/Open Borders
Flag
I'm autistic and (proud, but) thus not a "social detective", so be warned: I might misread or accidentally offend you.
'Obvious' implications, tones, cues etc. may also be missed.
SELF MANAGEMENT ✯ DIRECT ACTION ✯ WORKER SOLIDARITY
Libertarian Communist

COMINTERN/Stonewall/TRC

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:01 am

Free South Califas wrote:OOC: Ainin, edit it, scroll down past the submit button, and click "Disable Smilies".

OOC: Um... My smilies are disabled by default. It's PpT that didn't disable his smilies.

Battlion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Battlion » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:26 am

So which bills are under vote in Senate procedures, is it just the two original amendments or ?

Lamaredia
Ambassador

Founded: May 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lamaredia » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:41 am

Battlion wrote:So which bills are under vote in Senate procedures, is it just the two original amendments or ?

I'm guessing that it's all 5 of them.
Currently representing the SLP/R, Leading to a brighter future, in the NS Parliament RP as Representative Jonas Trägårdh Apelstierna.

Currently a co-admin of the NS Parliament RP

Political compass
Economic Left/Right: -6.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.59

Result

Political test = Social Democrat
Cosmopolitan – 15%
Communistic - 44%
Anarchistic - 28%
Visionary - 50%
Secular - 53%
Pacifist - 12%
Anthropocentric– 16%

Result

Socio-Economic Ideology = Social Democracy
Social Democracy = 100%
Democratic Socialism = 83%
Anarchism 58%

Result
Last edited by Lamaredia on Fri June 07, 2019 1:05 AM, edited 52 times in total.

Battlion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Battlion » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:46 am

Lamaredia wrote:
Battlion wrote:So which bills are under vote in Senate procedures, is it just the two original amendments or ?

Well, 3 of them were added after voting started so I don't know.

Lamaredia
Ambassador

Founded: May 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lamaredia » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:53 am

Battlion wrote:
Lamaredia wrote:

Voting hasn't started, it's still in the debate phase, so I would've thought the new ones are included.
Currently representing the SLP/R, Leading to a brighter future, in the NS Parliament RP as Representative Jonas Trägårdh Apelstierna.

Currently a co-admin of the NS Parliament RP

Political compass
Economic Left/Right: -6.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.59

Result

Political test = Social Democrat
Cosmopolitan – 15%
Communistic - 44%
Anarchistic - 28%
Visionary - 50%
Secular - 53%
Pacifist - 12%
Anthropocentric– 16%

Result

Socio-Economic Ideology = Social Democracy
Social Democracy = 100%
Democratic Socialism = 83%
Anarchism 58%

Result
Last edited by Lamaredia on Fri June 07, 2019 1:05 AM, edited 52 times in total.

Mediciano
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Mediciano » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:51 pm

The National Intelligencery Establishment Act
Category: International Relations | Urgency: High | Author: Senator Marius Kruger (Ind.) | Co-Sponsors: Britanno, The Grand Republic of Hannover, Venaleria, Oneracon

The Aurentine Senate,

WORRIED that our nation has no method for the early detections of threats against Aurentina, or any method through which to surmise the intents and motivations of foreign entities,

NOTING that this is a critical weakness in the maintenance of national security and the safety of the Aurentine people,

ALSO NOTING that without a means to surmise the intents and motivations of foreign entities, we cannot in good faith, and on an equal field parlay with any other nation which possesses a foreign intelligence gathering organization, as they will be better informed as to our status than we to theirs,

WARNING that any nation existing in the information rich world of today requires a method for the conducting of espionage and counterespionage operations covertly and on behalf of the nation's goals and objectives,

HEREBY CREATES
(1) the National Intelligencery which will:
(A) Be charged with conducting operations to gather foreign intelligence.
(B) Be charged with conducting operations of counterintelligence domestically and abroad.
(C) Be charged with informing the President, and other members of the Council, on all issues foreign and domestic.
(D) Be fobidden from conducting espionage or intelligence gathering, except with the express intent of counterespionage and with the knowledge of the President, within the borders of the Aurentine Commonwealth.
(E) Be composed solely of citizens of the Aurentine Commonwealth who have undergone government background check at the highest level of scrutiny, and whose loyalty to the state is deemed unquestionable.

(2) the Council, which will
(A) be composed of the President, the Vice President, the Prime Minister, the Minister for Defense and the the Director of the National Intelligencery,
(B) be tasked with interpreting and acting on intelligence provided by the intelligence community
(C) be solely responsible for the actions of the Intelligencery, as long as those actions were performed with their knowledge.

(3) the Office of the Director of the National Intelligencery, who will
(A) be selected from the senate, or any other governing body, by the President.
(B) be tasked with the responsibility to direct the actions of the Intelligencery.
(C) be tasked with the responsibility of reporting all actions of the Intelligencery to the Council in weekly updates, or however more often is required by the situation.
(D) be tasked with the responsibility of reporting to the President any intelligence deemed too sensitive for even the entire Council, at the Director's discretion.

(4) the National Reconnaissance Office, which will
(A) be tasked with collecting intelligence as it pertains to the military.
(B) be tasked with consolidating all relevant information into a ten page "Bi-Daily Military Intelligence Dossier" which will be presented to the President and the Minister of Defense every two days, or however more often is required by the situation.
(C) be tasked with informing the President and the Minister of Defence on the status of global foreign military operations in an in-depth format before any Aurentine military operation.
(D) be tasked with using the sensory assets of the Commonwealth Armed Forces in the collection of military data, at the President's and the Minister of Defense's discretion.
(E) be constrained and accountable to all current laws governing the use of the military, but will not be a branch or organization that falls under the category of a "military organization."

DEFINITIONS
(1) The term "intelligence" includes foreign intelligence and counterintelligence.
(2) The term "foreign intelligence" means information relating to the capabilities, intentions, or activities of foreign governments or elements thereof, foreign organizations, or foreign persons, or international terrorist activities.
(3) The term "counterintelligence" means information gathered, and activities conducted, to protect against espionage, other intelligence activities, sabotage, or assassinations conducted by or on behalf of foreign governments or elements thereof, foreign organizations, or foreign persons, or international terrorist activities.
(4) The term "intelligence community" includes the following:
(A) The Office of the Director of the National Intelligencery
(B) The National Intelligencery
(C) The National Reconnaissance Office.
(D) Other offices within the Ministry of Defense for the collection of specialized national intelligence through reconnaissance programs.

(E) The intelligence elements of the Commonwealth Army, the Commonwealth Navy, the Commonwealth Air Force, the Gendarmerie and the National Police Force
(F) The Office of the President of Aurentina[/Blocktext]
(5) The term "foreign entity" means:
(A) a foreign principal, except that the term “foreign national” shall not include any individual who is a citizen of the Aurentine Commonwealth.
(B) an individual who is not a citizen of the Aurentine Commonwealth or a national of the Aurentine Commonwealth and who is not lawfully admitted for permanent residence or voting in national elections.
(C) a government or private organization which is incorporated under the laws of a different state or nation, and which is registered and conducts business in a nation other than the Aurentine Commonwealth.

(6) The term "military organization" refers to any organization operated and controlled by the Ministry of Defense with the purpose of ensuring the safety of Aurentina or its assets through means of violence and armed conflict.

I ask that this be added to the queue.
Last edited by Mediciano on Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:47 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Venaleria
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Venaleria » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:05 pm

Lamaredia wrote:
Battlion wrote:

Voting hasn't started, it's still in the debate phase, so I would've thought the new ones are included.

I will allow this, since they were added pretty early in debate. However, this raises an important issue. I will consider writing an amednment for this.
Vice President of Aurentina, representing Lüsen, District 375
Election Commissioner for the Red-Greens Party
NSG Senate Administrator
Ambassador to the Totally Rad Party
Join Sirius. Siriusly.
If you're going to spell my name, spell it correctly. Or you can just call me Ven or Venny.
"Is it behind the bunny?" "It IS the bunny!" -MP

Battlion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Battlion » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:10 pm

Name Control and Registration Act
Urgency: Minor | Author: Battlion [NLP] | Category: Miscellaneous
Co-sponsors: National Empire [NLP], Europe and the Americas [NLP], Gothmogs [TR], Falmerheim [NLP], Britanno [P-CP], The Nihilistic view [NLP], Seitonjin [NLP], Great Britain and America [NLP], Lamaredia [NLP], Ainin [TR], Rabopari [NLP], Venaleria [RG], The Grand Republic of Hannover [NLP], Mediciano [IND], Geilinor [LD]

Preamble
Noting the lack of clarity and legislation regarding the naming of children and it’s specific timings. The Senate has hereby decided to act in accordance to its powers to ensure that a process is followed across Aurentina for all children to be named and registered with a local authority within a set time from birth and to ensure that names given to children are not offensive and/or will not reduce the child’s standard of life to an unacceptable level.

Section I – Birth Registration
1: The Senate hereby creates the National Birth Register (NBR) to record all births within the borders of Aurentina from the passing of this Act
2: Every Child must be registered upon the National Birth Register within forty days of birth through a form provided by every Hospital upon the birth of the child.
3: Information shall be required from both parents upon this form as follows:
    a) Name and Surname
    b) Place of Birth
    c) Occupation
    d) Usual Address (if different from the child’s place of birth)
4: Information shall be required by the parents for the child as follows:
    a) Date and Place of Birth
    b) Name and Surname
    c) Sex
5: All Registrations shall be required to be processed at the Local Authority closest to the place of birth

Section II - Prohibited Names
1: All names that are deemed fall under the following categories are not deemed legal and will be required to be changed upon the registration of the birth.
    a)Insults (e.g/ IHatePaul Jones, ScrewThePolice Smith)
    b) Vulgar Language (e.g/MuricaFuckYeah Jones, StupidLOLbertarians Smith)
    c) Obscene Language (e.g/ Bestiality Jones, Fesces Smith)
    d) Brand Names and Trademarks (e.g/ Enjoy Coca Cola Jones, KFC Smith)
    e) Legally Valid Prefixes (e.g/Doctor Jones, Second Lieutenant Smith
    f) Numerical Values (e.g/ 4Chan Jones, 3Hill Smith)
2: Any name closely resembling the aforementioned prohibited categories may be forbidden at the discretion of a judge.

Section III - Appeals and Expiration of Registration
1: If a name is deemed to fall under one of the prohibited categories then all parents shall have the right to appeal and overrule the decision in a court session listened to a Judge
2: If the name is ruled by the Judge to not fall within one of the prohibited categories then the original name shall be ruled lawful and shall be placed upon the Birth Registration form.
3: If the name is ruled by the Judge to fall within one of the prohibited categories then the judge shall issue a court order for the original name to be ruled unlawful and a new name shall be agreed upon in court before dismissal.
4: If a Birth Registration form is not completed within forty days of birth without acceptable excuse then a warning shall be issued, followed by a £50 fine every week until the form is completed.
5: If after six weeks over the expiration a prosecution will be brought against the parents for "failure to register" with a maximum punishment of a £1000 fine.
6: Acceptable Excuse shall include but not be exclusive to "Hospital Admission, serious medical illness and/or child death within the forty day period".

The Name Control and Registration has more than enough sponsors to be added to the Miscellaneous category.
Last edited by Battlion on Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fulflood
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Fulflood » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:19 pm

Mediciano wrote:
Category: International Relations | Urgency: High | Author: Senator Marius Kruger (Ind.) | Co-Sponsors: Britanno, The Grand Republic of Hannover, Fulflood, Venaleria

-snip of a bill I didn't sponsor-

I would like to make it exceedingly clear that I did not at any point sponsor this bill, and therefore its place in the queue is wrongful.
Last edited by Fulflood on Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I go under the name Vyvland now (IIWiki page). This account is used for the odd foray into the Senate or NSG.
Straight male British apatheist pacifist environmentalist social liberal

Admin, New Democrat member for Lüborg (504) and ambassador to the Red-Greens in the Aurentine Senate. Minister of Business Safety of Aurentina. Apparently that deserves a ministry, but I'm not complaining. I'm probably none of these things anymore. | The Aurentine Phrasebook, my magnum opus.

Mediciano
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Mediciano » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:23 pm

Fulflood wrote:
Mediciano wrote:
Category: International Relations | Urgency: High | Author: Senator Marius Kruger (Ind.) | Co-Sponsors: Britanno, The Grand Republic of Hannover, Fulflood, Venaleria

-snip of a bill I didn't sponsor-

I would like to make it exceedingly clear that I did not at any point sponsor this bill, and therefore its place in the queue is wrongful.

Ah. You didn't make that exceedingly clear when you posted "That's just what we needed!" Thank you for doing so now.

Mediciano
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Mediciano » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:47 pm

Category: International Relations | Urgency: High | Author: Senator Marius Kruger (Ind.) | Co-Sponsors: Britanno, The Grand Republic of Hannover, Venaleria, Oneracon

The Aurentine Senate,

WORRIED that our nation has no method for the early detections of threats against Aurentina, or any method through which to surmise the intents and motivations of foreign entities,

NOTING that this is a critical weakness in the maintenance of national security and the safety of the Aurentine people,

ALSO NOTING that without a means to surmise the intents and motivations of foreign entities, we cannot in good faith, and on an equal field, parlay with any other nation which possesses a foreign intelligence gathering organization, as they will be better informed as to our status than we to theirs,

WARNING that any nation existing in the information rich world of today requires a method for the conducting of espionage and counterespionage operations covertly and on behalf of the nation's goals and objectives,

HEREBY CREATES
(B) Be charged with conducting operations of counterintelligence domestically and abroad.
(C) Be charged with informing the President, and other members of the Council, on all issues foreign and domestic.
(D) Be fobidden from conducting espionage or intelligence gathering, except with the express intent of counterespionage and with the knowledge of the President, within the borders of the Aurentine Commonwealth.
(E) Be composed solely of citizens of the Aurentine Commonwealth who have undergone government background check at the highest level of scrutiny, and whose loyalty to the state is deemed unquestionable.

(A) be composed of the President, the Vice President, the Prime Minister, the Minister for Defense and the the Director of the National Intelligencery,
(B) be tasked with interpreting and acting on intelligence provided by the intelligence community
(C) be solely responsible for the actions of the Intelligencery, as long as those actions were performed with their knowledge.

(B) be tasked with the responsibility to direct the actions of the Intelligencery.
(C) be tasked with the responsibility of reporting all actions of the Intelligencery to the Council in weekly updates, or however more often is required by the situation.
(D) be tasked with the responsibility of reporting to the President any intelligence deemed too sensitive for even the entire Council, at the Director's discretion.

(B) be tasked with consolidating all relevant information into a ten page "Bi-Daily Military Intelligence Dossier" which will be presented to the President and the Minister of Defense every two days, or however more often is required by the situation.
(C) be tasked with informing the President and the Minister of Defence on the status of global foreign military operations in an in-depth format before any Aurentine military operation.
(D) be tasked with using the sensory assets of the Commonwealth Armed Forces in the collection of military data, at the President's and the Minister of Defense's discretion.
(E) be constrained and accountable to all current laws governing the use of the military, but will not be a branch or organization that falls under the category of a "military organization."

DEFINITIONS
(1) The term "intelligence" includes foreign intelligence and counterintelligence.
(2) The term "foreign intelligence" means information relating to the capabilities, intentions, or activities of foreign governments or elements thereof, foreign organizations, or foreign persons, or international terrorist activities.
(3) The term "counterintelligence" means information gathered, and activities conducted, to protect against espionage, other intelligence activities, sabotage, or assassinations conducted by or on behalf of foreign governments or elements thereof, foreign organizations, or foreign persons, or international terrorist activities.
(D) Other offices within the Ministry of Defense for the collection of specialized national intelligence through reconnaissance programs.
(E) The intelligence elements of the Commonwealth Army, the Commonwealth Navy, the Commonwealth Air Force, the Gendarmerie and the National Police Force
(F) The Office of the President of Aurentina

(A) a foreign principal, except that the term “foreign national” shall not include any individual who is a citizen of the Aurentine Commonwealth.
(B) an individual who is not a citizen of the Aurentine Commonwealth or a national of the Aurentine Commonwealth and who is not lawfully admitted for permanent residence or voting in national elections.
(C) a government or private organization which is incorporated under the laws of a different state or nation, and which is registered and conducts business in a nation other than the Aurentine Commonwealth.

(6) The term "military organization" refers to any organization operated and controlled by the Ministry of Defense with the purpose of ensuring the safety of Aurentina or its assets through means of violence and armed conflict.

Code: Select all
[box][align=center][size=125][b]The National Intelligencery Establishment Act[/b][/size]
[b]Category:[/b] International Relations | [b]Urgency:[/b] [b][color=#BF0000]High[/color][/b] | [b]Author:[/b] [url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=240308&p=15800756#p15800756]Senator Marius Kruger[/url] (Ind.) | [b]Co-Sponsors: [nation]Britanno[/nation], [nation]The Grand Republic of Hannover[/nation], [nation]Venaleria[/nation], [nation]Oneracon[/nation][/b][/align]

The Aurentine Senate,

[b]WORRIED[/b] that our nation has no method for the early detections of threats against Aurentina, or any method through which to surmise the intents and motivations of foreign entities,

[b]NOTING[/b] that this is a critical weakness in the maintenance of national security and the safety of the Aurentine people,

[b]ALSO NOTING[/b] that without a means to surmise the intents and motivations of foreign entities, we cannot in good faith, and on an equal field, parlay with any other nation which possesses a foreign intelligence gathering organization, as they will be better informed as to our status than we to theirs,

[b]WARNING[/b] that any nation existing in the information rich world of today requires a method for the conducting of espionage and counterespionage operations covertly and on behalf of the nation's goals and objectives,

[b]HEREBY CREATES[/b]
[b](1)[/b] the National Intelligencery which will:
[blocktext][b](A)[/b] Be charged with conducting operations to gather foreign intelligence.
[b](B)[/b] Be charged with conducting operations of counterintelligence domestically and abroad.
[b](C)[/b] Be charged with informing the President, and other members of the Council, on all issues foreign and domestic.
[b](D)[/b] Be fobidden from conducting espionage or intelligence gathering, except with the express intent of counterespionage and with the knowledge of the President, within the borders of the Aurentine Commonwealth.
[b](E)[/b] Be composed solely of citizens of the Aurentine Commonwealth who have undergone government background check at the highest level of scrutiny, and whose loyalty to the state is deemed unquestionable.[/blocktext]

[b](2)[/b] the Council, which will
[blocktext][b](A)[/b] be composed of the President, the Vice President, the Prime Minister, the Minister for Defense and the the Director of the National Intelligencery,
[b](B)[/b] be tasked with interpreting and acting on intelligence provided by the intelligence community
[b](C)[/b] be solely responsible for the actions of the Intelligencery, as long as those actions were performed with their knowledge.[/blocktext]

[b](3)[/b] the Office of the Director of the National Intelligencery, who will
[blocktext][b](A)[/b] be selected from the senate, or any other governing body, by the President.
[b](B)[/b] be tasked with the responsibility to direct the actions of the Intelligencery.
[b](C)[/b] be tasked with the responsibility of reporting all actions of the Intelligencery to the Council in weekly updates, or however more often is required by the situation.
[b](D)[/b] be tasked with the responsibility of reporting to the President any intelligence deemed too sensitive for even the entire Council, at the Director's discretion.[/blocktext]

[b](4)[/b] the National Reconnaissance Office, which will
[blocktext][b](A)[/b] be tasked with collecting intelligence as it pertains to the military.
[b](B)[/b] be tasked with consolidating all relevant information into a ten page "Bi-Daily Military Intelligence Dossier" which will be presented to the President and the Minister of Defense every two days, or however more often is required by the situation.
[b](C)[/b] be tasked with informing the President and the Minister of Defence on the status of global foreign military operations in an in-depth format before any Aurentine military operation.
[b](D)[/b] be tasked with using the sensory assets of the Commonwealth Armed Forces in the collection of military data, at the President's and the Minister of Defense's discretion.
[b](E)[/b] be constrained and accountable to all current laws governing the use of the military, but will not be a branch or organization that falls under the category of a "military organization."[/blocktext]

[b]DEFINITIONS[/b]
[b](1)[/b] The term "intelligence" includes foreign intelligence and counterintelligence.
[b](2)[/b] The term "foreign intelligence" means information relating to the capabilities, intentions, or activities of foreign governments or elements thereof, foreign organizations, or foreign persons, or international terrorist activities.
[b](3)[/b] The term "counterintelligence" means information gathered, and activities conducted, to protect against espionage, other intelligence activities, sabotage, or assassinations conducted by or on behalf of foreign governments or elements thereof, foreign organizations, or foreign persons, or international terrorist activities.
[b](4)[/b] The term "intelligence community" includes the following:
[blocktext][b](A)[/b] The Office of the Director of the National Intelligencery
[b](B)[/b] The National Intelligencery
[b](C)[/b] The National Reconnaissance Office.
[b](D)[/b] Other offices within the Ministry of Defense for the collection of specialized national intelligence through reconnaissance programs.
[b](E)[/b] The intelligence elements of the Commonwealth Army, the Commonwealth Navy, the Commonwealth Air Force, the Gendarmerie and the National Police Force
[b](F)[/b] The Office of the President of Aurentina[/blocktext]
[b](5)[/b] The term "foreign entity" means:
[blocktext][b](A)[/b] a foreign principal, except that the term “foreign national” shall not include any individual who is a citizen of the Aurentine Commonwealth.
[b](B)[/b] an individual who is not a citizen of the Aurentine Commonwealth or a national of the Aurentine Commonwealth and who is not lawfully admitted for permanent residence or voting in national elections.
[b](C)[/b] a government or private organization which is incorporated under the laws of a different state or nation, and which is registered and conducts business in a nation other than the Aurentine Commonwealth.[/blocktext]
[b](6)[/b] The term "military organization" refers to any organization operated and controlled by the Ministry of Defense with the purpose of ensuring the safety of Aurentina or its assets through means of violence and armed conflict.[/box]

I ask that this be re-added to the queue.
Last edited by Mediciano on Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

New Zepuha
Minister

Founded: Dec 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Zepuha » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:19 pm

Mediciano wrote:

The Aurentine Senate,

ALSO NOTING that without a means to surmise the intents and motivations of foreign entities, we cannot in good faith, and on an equal field parlay with any other nation which possesses a foreign intelligence gathering organization, as they will be better informed as to our status than we to theirs,

HEREBY CREATES

DEFINITIONS
(F) The Office of the President of Aurentina

I ask that this be re-added to the queue.

You only have four sponsors, isn't 5 the required minimum?
| Mallorea and Riva should resign | Sic Semper Tyrannis |
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $1372 ($337 with sales)
  • Games owned: 106
  • Games not played: 34 (32%)
  • Hours on record: 2,471h

Likes: Libertarians, Law Enforcement, NATO, Shinzo Abe, Taiwan, Angele Merkel, Ron Paul, Israel, Bernie Sanders
Dislikes: Russia, Palestine, Socialism, 'Feminism', Obama, Mitch Daniels, DHS, Mike Pence, UN

[13:31] <Koyro> I want to be cremated, my ashes put into a howitzer shell and fired at the White House.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives