NATION

PASSWORD

AOCAF Cup 41 | Everything Thread | The Inevitable Syndicate

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Thatius
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 29, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Thatius » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:14 pm

Thatius National Team

for the

41st AOCAF

Team Information
Nation: Thatius
Acronym: THA
Nickname: Firebirds
Head Coach: Max Djantschenko
Assistant Coach: Davis Eysserić
Captain: Jason Petković (Center Midfield)
Kit:

Starters
GK: Novák Prakusya, #3
DEF: Lukas Kyrlenko, #14
DEF: Serije Erkocević, #26
DEF: Chase Kowalczyk, #34
SW: Kostas Stošović, #19
MID: Tomislav Novaković, #5
MID: Jason Petković, #6
MID: Marcel Asarenko, #21
FOR: Clark Andrijašević, #27
FOR: Cooper Branham, #8
FOR: Marko Voloski, #7

Bench
GK: Jeremy Jezdić, #18
DEF: Jake McCord, #23
DEF: Justin Polášek, #25
DEF: Piotr Starzyński, #4
SW: John Łukosik, #23
MID: Michael Kovács, #23
MID: Connor Kowalczyk, #24
MID: Cory Joković, #20
FOR: Luke Krychowski, #17
FOR: Nick Barlow, #9
FOR: Derek Christensen, #13

RP Information
Choose my goalscorers: Yes
Godmod scoring events: Yes
RP injuries to my players: No
Godmod injuries to my players: No
Hand out yellow cards to my players: Yes
Hand out red cards to my players: No
Godmod other events: Yes

New West Guiana
Minister

Founded: Sep 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New West Guiana » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:21 pm

AOCAF 41
South of the Boarder in TIS

West Guiana's appearance in the past two AOCAFs has been bare minimal, no reporters and few fans, many blame the sluggish economy has the unemployment remains high and income for the middle class is still stagnant. Even though for the forty-first edition an estimated 35,000 West Guianans will tempt fate and cross the border south into The Inevitable Syndicate a nation we have many times said we know very little about, or really care about. Though mid last week the Government showed that they and we as a nation have a heart and gave TIS $1.2 billion in aid to recover from their deadly and extremely costly tsunami and the fact they're on the brink of war.

So yes, 35,000 or so Guianans will spend some of their money and time in TIS to both support the TIS economy which is still rebuilding from the tsunami and to show their national pride for a team few even notice only every four years until they might have their chance to shine. Twice though our fans have seen success, watching the team make it into the quarter-finals only to lose, but it's better getting that far than never qualifying.

Here we are after match day one of the 41st AOCAF, game one we played against our northern neighbor, like TIS we hardly know anything about. Other than before WG laid claim to their current land their nation once held the same land eons ago. However though West Guiana and Legalese squared off at The Bird Cage(See TIS shows why WGians are so suspicious of them and their people). As expected the stadium had been sold out for weeks, West Guiana had a good showing fan base wise, with an estimated 29,678 fans able to get their hands on some expensive tickets, but their money wasn't wasted and that was for sure.

The game started off fast pace and intense, with Legalese scoring the first goal in the tenth minute, (player) scored esentally a hat trick from seven yards out with five WG players and only one team mate standing before him and the goal. Even after several replays it was still stunning how he could get the ball through the whole mess, but he did so Leg 1, WG 0. No worries for WG in the 19th minute Jamie Usor' hit the goal after two attempts with help from Danell Hamliton. Leg 1, WG 1.

After the break the fans had to wait until the 81st minute for WG to score again, and even though we were happy we could feel the pain for the Legalese goal keeper. After successfully blocking a striker from Mark Buttfumble, he loses grip on the ball and it crosses the line and i'll tel you from the nosebleed seats the roar of the crowd booing was intense and it was of course very loud. Well in extra time, 91st minute Legalese scored to make the score at last 2-2.

Goals
10:45 (player) Legalese
19:08 Jamie Usor' (assist: Danell Hamliton) WG
81:37 WG
91:51 (player) Legalese

MD2 Krytenia (0-0-1)
Domestic sports leagues

NS is just a state of mind, time has no boundary nor does our sanity.

Please ignore my senseless ramblings, I'm getting old.

Neo Lemmitania
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Lemmitania » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:49 pm

Shemp: Ladies and gentlemen... welcome to Shemp’s Corner, the only pan-athletic talk show in Neo Lemmitania...

Folks, it’s been a long time. I’ve been hosting this programme for nearly ten years. When we launched, well, I’ll be honest. I hoped this show would last twenty years. But... some things aren’t meant to be.

It was twenty years ago this week that the Limmsburgh Sportswriters Association first named me Dean of Neo-Lemmitanian Sports. Hard to believe... and I’ve seen a lot in my time. I saw the Neo Lemmitanian Cricket League launch, and crash and burn. I saw Basketball grow from a marginal semi-pro game to the second-largest sporting league, not to mention industry, in Neo Lemmitania. Along with that I saw women proudly take a prominent place in this country as athletes, including many of the greatest talents we’ve seen in my lifetime. I’m proud to have called the very first NBL game, eighteen years ago, between Lemvoola and Lemmington. A rivalry that lasts to this day.

I’ve seen Neo Lemmitania enter a squad of ruggers in the greatest international sporting competition this side of the Olympics, and emerge from the World Cup with a winning record. They didn’t qualify, but our football Lemmings did a hell of a job, and now they’re one of the top 100 football sides in the world. And I’ve seen the start of the semi-pro National Association Football League follow that. The very first co-gender pro sporting league in the nation! I’m proud to have been a part of it, in my small way.

Folks, it’s been a great time. I’ve loved every minute of it-- except for one little, nagging problem. One little thing that’s prevented me from enjoying my career to the fullest. And that one little thing is a minor contractual clause inserted by a certain person. A certain person you all know, because he’s been present here on the Corner week in, week out for the past two years. Ever since World Cup 65, when he renegotiated his Monday Night Rugby contract to specify that he’d get a weekly appearance on my show-- my show, that’s always been dedicated to the best in sports journalism... well, if you’re viewers, you know how I’ve felt about this. You know how much he’s irritated me, badgered me, gotten my goat. And, ultimately, made hosting Shemp’s Corner not the joy it once was, but a burden, a chore, a... a punishment. Because no one should have to suffer through working with... Gil Lemson.

Gil: ‘ullo, ‘ullo, ‘ullo!

Shemp: Shut up, you!

Gil: Wot? You introduced me--

Shemp: I did not introduce you! I referred to you! Now keep your mouth shut until I call on you to speak!

Gil: Okay--

Shemp: SHUT UP!! Okay. Now. As I was saying... Working with this blight on humanity has been not only the low point of my career, but possibly the low point of sports commentary in this country. If I were to get up and strangle him, no one would miss Gil Lemson.

Gil: ‘ullo ‘ullo ‘ullo!

Shemp: I did not call on you to speak!!

Gil: Oh, I ‘eard me name said an’--

Shemp: Once again I referred to you, I did not address you!

Gil: Okay, okay then.

Shemp: And what’s more--

Gil: Grumpy Dean of Neo-Lemmitanian Sports, ain’t you?

Shemp: AND WHAT'S MORE--

Gil: …go a’ead, then.

Shemp: And what’s more, most sporting fans in this country would thank me and congratulate me on a job well done!

Gil: A job of stranglin’ me?

Shemp: Yes!

Gil: A job well done of stranglin’ me?

Shemp: Yes!!

Gil: Wull, I don’t like the sound of that too well.

Shemp: Good!! You’re not supposed to like it!

Gil: That don’t seem right.

Shemp: Me strangling you doesn’t seem right?

Gil: Not to me, it don’t.

Shemp: Well, to me it sounds stupendous!

Gil: That’s because you’re a psychopath.

Shemp: I am not a psychopath!!

Gil: Shoutin’ it don’t make it true, Shemp.

Shemp: Anyway, that’s not the point.

Gil: You bein’ a psychopath ain’t the point?

Shemp: Nothing you say is the point.

Gil: Ah. Guess I’d forgotten that. So wot is the point, then?

Shemp: The point is, this is it. This is the end.

Gil: There you go threatenin’ me again.

Shemp: I’m not threatening you!! I’m saying I can’t take it any more!! This is the end of Shemp’s Corner! The final episode!

Gil: Wot?!?!

Shemp: Ha ha ha ha! That got a reaction, didn’t it?

Gil: Waitaminit, are you tellin’ me you’re throwin’ in the towel?

Shemp: I’m telling you I’m ending the show.

Gil: You’re closin’ up shop an’ goin’ ‘ome?

Shemp: Yes! That’s what I’m doing, all right!

Gil: An’ you’re leavin’ the show to me? So I’ll be the ‘ost?

Shemp: No!! The show is going off the air! This is the final episode! Which I already said!

Gil: But you jus’ mean you're goin’ off the air. The show will remain. An’ be called Gil’s Corner, ‘enceforth.

Shemp: No!! I mean nothing of the sort! I mean you’ll be out of a job! Ha ha! I’m shutting down Shemp’s Corner, and no one is going to host it any more!

Gil: Wow, wot a vicious an’ mean-’earted thing to do, Shemp.

Shemp: It’s the humane thing to do. Putting Neo Lemmitania out of the misery of watching your sorry excuse for sports journalism any more.

Gil: One man’s misery is another man’s pleasure, I allus say, an--

Shemp: Shut up!! This is the final episode, you could at least have the decency to shut the hell up!

Gil: Shemp, you wound me. But so long as I’m gettin’ paid, you can feel free to do all the talkin’.

Shemp: Hah! Yes, I will. Just stay quiet there.

Gil: Okay.

Shemp: Shut up!

Gil: All I said was, ‘Okay’.

Shemp: Don’t say ‘okay’ any more!

Shemp: AAAAAAGH! SHUUUT UUUP!

Shemp: I’M IGNORING YOU!!

Gil: Sayin’ it in all caps don’t make it any truer, Shemp.

Shemp: GAAAH! I’m going to talk sports now. AOCAF. The Atlantian Oceania Cup, our regional football tournament. Neo Lemmitania has entered for the first time.

Gil: ‘ow come?

Shemp: BECAUSE WE’RE NEW TO THE REGION!!

Gil: Oh, wull, that don’t make much sense, do it?

Shemp: SHUT UUUUUP!!

Gil: I mean, ‘ow can a country be new to a region? It’s not like they can jus’ pick up a country with a bunch of ‘elicopters an’ move it from one place to another, now is it?

Shemp: Be that as it may, Neo Lemmitania wasn’t a part of Atlantian Oceania for AOCAF 40.

Gil: Ah, well, okay. That would be because of the, er, situation I ain’t discussin’ on the air.

Shemp: Your insanity makes no sense!

Gil: Right. Wull, technically speakin’, I ain’t insane--

Shemp: The Lemmings faced Valanora in the opening match!

Gil: Um, wot?

Shemp: Valanora is ranked fourth in the world right now, one of two top-ten sides in group six. The 99th-ranked Lemmings will also face New Montreal States, tenth in the world, and Savski Venac at 152.

Gil: Good for ever’body.

Shemp: Not surprisingly Valanora stepped out to the lead in the fourth minute and never looked back. Oscar Snellem looked like a ghost of the competent goalkeeper who shut down some of the top sides in the world in the World Cup 65 qualifiers and the last Cup of Harmony. Of course, he hasn’t played football in two years.

Gil: Sure ‘e ‘as!

Shemp: No he hasn’t! Shut up!

Gil: Why, sure ‘e ‘as. I saw ‘im playin for the All-Browns jus’ las’ week!

Shemp: That’s rugby! Not football!

Gil: Rugby is football.

Shemp: No, it isn’t! Not anymore! Now we have association football in Neo Lemmitania, and you can’t just call rugby ‘football’ anymore!

Gil: Wull, you can’t stop a lifetime’s ‘abit jus’ by declarin’ it so, Shemp. You jus’ wait an’ see wot ‘appens.

Shemp: What happens has already happened! Football is on its way to becoming the third major sport in Neo Lemmitania. And, you interrupted me explaining what happened in the AOCAF opener against Valanora!

Gil: The wot, against ‘oom?

Shemp: The Lemmings were shut out four nil. Not a surprising result, against one of the best sides in the world, and with a new Lemmings squad that hasn’t played together before, but still, disappointing to lose quite so badly.

Gil: So the Boys in Orange went to Valanora an’ lost, did they?

Shemp: They’re not the ‘Boys’ in Orange any more. There’s women on the team now too.

Gil: So the Boys an’ Ladies in Orange went to Valanora an’ lost, did they?

Shemp: No, they went to The Inevitable Syndicate, host nation of the AOCAF.

Gil: The Inevitable Syndicate? Where they make those lurvely automobiles wot are all the rage in Neo Lemmitania these days?

Shemp: Yes, to the chagrin of anti-combustion activists everywhere.

Gil: Why, their motorcars are wunnerful! Did I ever tell you about me Q42 from Synclair Motors?

Shemp: Many times. Many, many times.

Gil: It ain’t a piece of junk from ELC, I can assure you.

Shemp: As you have, many times.

Gil: Wish I’d known there was a match ‘appenin’ in TIS. I’d ‘ave made the trip meself, in the flesh. Jus’ to pay the place a visit.

Shemp: You did know the match was happening. We talked about it on last week’s show.

Gil: Wot? You’re tellin’ me that Shemp’s Corner would ‘ave paid to send me to The Inevitable Syndicate, ‘ad I only known?

Shemp: No, I’m saying nothing of the sort.

Gil: Wull, I tell you wot. You can make it up to me by sendin’ me for the next match.

Shemp: You know what? You can take it up with the producers. Because as i’ve said numerous times now, this is the final episode. I’m shutting the show down.

Gil: Wot?! Why are you doin’ that?!

Shemp: Because I can’t stand working with you any more! As I’ve said several times!

Gil: Oh, you were jus’ kiddin’ about that.

Shemp: No I wasn’t!!

Gil: Oh, sure you were.

Shemp: No, I wasn’t!

Gil: Sure you were, Shemp.

Shemp: NO I WASN’T!! And to prove it to you, I’ll take us off the air right now!!

Gil: Shemp, you’re always kiddin’--

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:25 am

"Coach, how much longer until kickoff?"

"Eh... let's see. It's 4:30 right now and kickoff is at 5:45. So about 75 minutes or so."

"Alright, thanks." Tilao focused back on the treadmill. It would all be set up nicely- he would jog for another 5 minutes, quick shower, quick meal, dress, get some practice in, and then game time. "Hey Tumo!" he called over, "How are your negotiations going?"

"Hey man, I don't want to talk about that. That's between me and my agent and my family."

"Haha, you're scared to tell us, aren't you?"

"No, man, I'm not, I just don't have anything finalized yet. I just sent off my full resume."

"Well you finished pre-talks at least."

"I can neither confirm n---"

"Oh come on." Tilao turned back to the machine, thinking about the rest of his routine. "Let's see, piece of chicken and some pasta. That sounds good. Maybe a shake." He drifted off, only to hear his timer go off for ending the run.

For Tilao Palarutani, everything had to be calibrated. Without a solid schedule that was executed before every game, he couldn't rely on anything, or at least he thought that. Maybe he was OCD or just over anxious, but discrepancies were not welcome. The first time he really noticed it was a U 21 game where the field's sprinklers went off, delaying by 20 minutes. That was the longest delay he'd had, and it killed him. We was a wreck during the game, unable to think straight. It was the psychology of the prep process as much as the physical aspects.

ˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇ
"Tilao, you hear?"

"What?"

"Referee will be delayed."

"What?!"

"His house got flooded."

"Fuck his house, he has a game."

"No, he needs to stay---"

"Fuck that, he needs to get here."

"Tilao, calm down. It's only going to be 30 minutes."

"OH HELL NO! I AM NOT GOING TO STAND FO---"

"STOP!!! Calm down, get ready for a 6:15 kickoff."

"Yes coach."

The game proceeded normally; Tumo scored in the 34th minute and the defense held strong, leading the Vaians to a 1-0 win. Tilao was off for the entire game, just as he knew he would be. It was not unnoticed by Ishmael Walker.

"Hey, Tilao, I noticed you weren't feeling too well out there."

"Fucking ref..."

"Sorry?"

"Got his fucking house flooded. Fuck that, fuck that!"

"Tilao, you need to calm down right now. We won, you can rebound. It doesn't matter, ok?"

"No, screw that little pep talk stuff."

"Look, maybe you need to calm down a little bit before games."

"Oh really, and what are you going to tell me to do?"

"Calm down. Don't have a set schedule that leaves you rushed. Be relaxed."

"And FAIL?! I don't think so."

"Tilao---"

"They were right, the Osarians don't respect our culture."

"Woah woah woah. This has nothing to do with your culture. This is your thing."

"Screw it, Walker. I don't want to talk."

"Alright. Be in my office in 3 hours, though. I want to talk then."
"For the glory of our people, we govern our nation freely. For the glory of Polynesia, we help and strengthen our friends. For the glory of the earth, we do not destroy what it has bestowed upon us."
Demonym: Vaian
-Kamanakai Oa'a Pani, first president of Maklohi Vai
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Hosted: MVBT 1; WBC 27; Friendly Cups 7, 9; (co-) NSCAA 5
Former President, WBC; WBC Councillor
Senator Giandomenico Abruzzi, Workers Party of Galatea
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator
Beto Goncalves, Chair, CTA
Abraham Kamassi, Chair, Labour Party of Elizia
President of Calaverde Eduardo Bustamante; Leader, LDP
President of Baltonia Dovydas Kanarigis; Leader, LDP
President of Aurentina Wulukuno Porunalakai; Leader, Progress Coa.

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:42 am

League modernity plans halted?

As the national team lost 5-0 in the opening match against Thatius in AOCAF 41, it is only the question if the national league will find the quality it is looking for. After the KFA, on behalf of the clubs of the KNL, contacted the foreign clubs that contracted our national team players, they said 'they would not let them go'. While some national team players are still in the KNL, mainly with Maethoru, a club in a downward spiral according to some, most are with some of the more famous clubs of Atlantian Oceania. The young players have been kept within Ko-oren so that foreign clubs could not buy them at a low price from the youth teams in Ko-oren. In any case, as long as the KNL, the KFA or its clubs cannot cough up the money to buy the players back, this plan will stop before it even started.

In the same day that the national baseball team heard the new national team rankings (5th in the world), the KFA explained more about the youth league. The baseball league is a big example for the football system, as not only the national team is one of the best in the world (5th), the national league is a standard as well (4th). Baseball's minor leagues are said to be the excellent feeder system the sport needs. The KFA has a slightly different plan for the football feeder league. Reportedly, they want to establish regional football schools that play other football schools. The schools are to be funded by the professional clubs in that region. Regions can be states, but there would be only 15 teams that way. Dioceses are another plan, causing there to be 43 regions/schools, which is close to the ideal number of 40. The schools are to be named after the dioceses without the religious connotation.

The Age writing world reacted happily to the plan of putting stadiums in Ages: "We almost could not believe it took them so long to consider us. Of course we can make this, and make it safe. We can even change stadiums, such as enlarge them, on a whim. Infrastructure is already in place, and frankly, the costs of everything will go down. Of course, we need to be paid as well, but that can be done on the long term. We have some income from infrastructure and other projects, so don't worry about us". Branvun, the current leading team of the league, is said to be the first team to play in an Age stadium, maybe even taking an Age stadium as their home turf as soon as next season. This way, stadiums can be a lot more extravagant and otherworldly than currently is possible in the real world!

All in all, one of three plans is halted. Another takes a long time to set up, and only one can be executed soon. That plan is the one with the smallest projected benefit overall, though.

New away kit for NT

The KFA has also given some local designers the task to make a new away kit or 3rd kit for the national team. "The first one still works. But why not let our national designers in on the successful national team?" was the rhetoric. The first design has been made for a third kit, behind the green and yellow first and second kits. It is black, a color not used in any other Ko-orenite kit, so it should make for a good alternative should Ko-oren ever play a team with colors similar to ours:

First new flag design

WCC President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Audioslavia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Audioslavia » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:41 am

Introducing...
AUDIOSLAVIA
National Football Team
The Bulls

#  Pos Name                  Age    Club                       
1 GK Kajaxo Imaslavii 28 Strike FC (Vilita)
2 RB Claus Rijsbergen 31 Directus (FSSO)
3 LB Anders Euler 30 Dinamo Esca (Mytannion)
4 CM James Courier 27 FC Axel Heiberg (Polar Islandstates)
5 CB Ruy Garcia 34 Ferdullaele (Farfadillis)
6 CB John Ryan 34 SK Port Jarko (Mytannion)
7 RM Vucidini Zekani 21 Arcticala Inlet (Vilita)
8 CM Txordin Zerubeltzak 20 Angels (Pazhujeb Islands)
9 CF Karsten Eiger 31 SK Franz Josef City (Polar Islandstates)
10 CM Wim Van Wildernis 28 Issington F.C. (Apox)
11 LM Zonnestraal Jansen 27 La Nueva Avenida (Farfadillis)
12 CF Arturo Hudson-Blake 16 Dwile Warriors (Apox)
13 RB Jean-Luc Cézanne 30 Yeaddin Owls (Vilita)
14 RM Manestraal Jansen 27 La Nueva Avenida (Farfadillis)
15 CM Mauro Soccorso 29 Cedrus Soundgardia (Starblaydia)
16 CM Alexander Kirk 17 Urbanista (Apox)
17 RM Matías Garrastazu 28 Reedring F.C. (Falconwhereveryouare)
18 CB Máxima Crespo 31 Reedring F.C. (Falconwhereveryouare)
19 LB Ko Larrena 30 AC Izotz Zubia
20 CM Luca Romanov 28 Cedrus Soundgardia (Starblaydia)
21 LM Alessandro di Viola 27 Cedrus Soundgardia (Starblaydia)
22 GK Anthony Newbridge 41 Iturributa United (Astograth)
23 GK Ari Salbatzailea 30 Reedring F.C. (Falconwhereveryouare)

Manager: Alvaro Mozo
Assistant: Niko Ferz

The First Eleven:

Style Modifier: +1

Colours

The manager: Israel Klimt's resignation at the end of World Cup 65 paved the way for his new assistant, the alarmingly young Alvaro Mozo, to lead the team. The 29 year-old has just one game under his belt as national team boss, and this edition of the AOCAF will be his chance to prove himself to his employers.

Audioslavia is an ancient nation, recently having celebrated the 10th OOC anniversary of its inception. The nation originally CTE'd in 2006, was revived briefly in 2007 and 2009, and enjoyed a proper resurgence at the start of 2012, locating itself in Atlantian Oceania indefinitely after IC centuries of rivalries with various nations in the region.

The Audioslavia national side participated in World Cups 4 to 29, made an abortive comeback in World Cup 37, and rejoined the world of international football properly back in World Cup 59. The ancient Audioslavia side qualified for all but one of the World Cups it entered (a young Audioslavia failed during the WC5 qualifying playoffs) and generally maintained a place in top twenty of the world rankings, peaking at #1 during the qualifying phases of World Cups 20 and 21.

Paradoxically, the national team has seen more success in its modern form - a period where quick success is much more difficult to achieve than in the early days. Whereas those early years yielded only the inaugural U21 World Cup and a string of losing finals in the World Cup proper, the modern team won the Baptism of Fire tournament before WC59 and triumphed in the thirty-fifth, thirty-eighth and thirty-ninth installments of the AOCAF Cup. The side have also reached the final of the AOCAF cup on two other occasions, and have reached as far as the semi-finals of the Cup of Harmony.

Modern Audioslavia finally won the World Cup itself in cycle 63, a victory that required a huge amount of luck and some very po-faced, negative football. Audioslavia managed to win the tournament despite going into the qualifiers with a ranking of #53 in the world. Four years later, in World Cup 64, the national side proved that this win, as fortunate as it was, was no flash in the pan when they again took home the World Cup trophy, completing the first ever 'double-double' of winning back-to-back AOCAF and World Cup championships.

Ten Things Audioslavia's football team are famous for:
1: The claret and green striped kits, complete with white pinstripe. They have been like this, with the odd exception, since World Cup 4.
2: Jeremy Jaffacake. The indescribable Jaffacake has been a satellite of the national team - both as sports journalist and member of the FFA - since World Cup 6. It is unwise to cross Jeremy Jaffacake. In fact, it's often unwise to even look at him. Jaffacake is arguably the most infamous character in the entirety of sports RPing. He's certainly the oldest.
3:Choking in major finals. Audioslavia were the record holders for losing the most amount of World Cup finals without a victory, having failed in WCs 12, 19, 20 and 29. When you include modern Audioslavia's travails at the final stage of major tournaments, however, our record now stands at a much more respectable 6-6.
4: Being almost unbeatable in semi-finals. Audioslavia's senior side have a scarily good record in the last four of any competition, and have lost only one semi-final match in thirteen attempts.
5: Off pitch entertainment: A fervent, yet well-behaved support. Audioslavia's fans are generally friendly, enjoy mixing with the locals and are partial to the odd litre of whisky. Not to mention the tabloid antics of one Jeremy Jaffacake.
6: On-pitch anti-entertainment. The Audioslavian national team have always played effective, if uninspiring football. The side are usually solid, with a cautious approach play and a willingness to hold on to possession rather than attempt anything too rash.
7: Building rivalries: Audioslavia count, and have counted, a lot of nations as their 'rivals'. They are, in order of healthiest to most hated: Lemmitania, Karditan, The Inevitable Syndicate, Legalese, New Montreal States, Halfassedstates, Iansisle, Vilita/Turori, Bedistan, Starblaydia, Squornshelous, Rejistania, Total n Utter Insanity, Krytenia U19s, Krytenia U21s, Krytenia 'C'. Krytenia 'B', Them.
8: Audioslavia have had, throughout their history, a disproportionate amount of wingers with names beginning with 'J'.
9: Audioslavia are the first and only team to have been eliminated from the group stage of a World Cup on penalties.
10: Audioslavia is home to Kirola Sportswear, the manufacturers of some of the more... avant garde football strip designs seen around the World Cup.

Audioslavian footballers tend to be a little on the small side compared to modern NS athletes. The average height for a goalkeeper is about 6'0, but centre-halves tend to top out at 5'11 and other outfielders rarely venture higher than 5'9 (although the 'target-man' style strikers tend to be taller, such as the 6'2 Karsten Eiger). All of Audioslavia's players, throughout history, have been human and male. Our players tend to be fairly quick with a lot of stamina and physical fitness, and are proficient at short passing. In general, however, our technique is fairly poor, our forward play is particularly uncreative and our small-ish team tends to struggle against physical teams. Our goals usually come near the end of games as our high stamina wins through. The national side frequently employ players of Audioslavian citizenship/parentage but who are naturalised elsewhere. Current goalkeeper Kajaxo Imaslavii and striker Vucidini Zekani (shunted out onto the wing by new manager Alvaro Mozo) were born in Vilita and play their football over there, and a significant chunk of the squad are taken from Starblaydi high-flyers Cedrus Soundgardia, a team based on Starblaydia's Cedrus Isle, a place with a high percentage of Audioslavian diaspora. Recently, the national side has used players born as far afield as Cafundeu, Taeshan, Turori and Krytenia.

As for the current crop, striker Karsten Eiger is, at 6'2, easily the biggest member of the squad and is used as a target man for the team's five midfielders. Zonnestraal and Mannestraal Jansen are twins, both wingers, both very very fast and with the ability to play with either foot. Elsewhere in midfield, James Courier is the twenty-four year old sensation who's harrying midfield play helped Audioslavia to the last two World Cups, while Garrastazu is a product of Falconwhereveryouare's involvement in professionalising the formerly amateur Audioslavian team Moreazerua and moving them to their league. Zekani is a striker currently being played out on the wing in the national team, and Zerubeltzak is an exciting young prospect plying his trade in the Pazhujeb leagues. In defence, John Ryan is a world-classs centre-half, but the rest of the back four are nothing special. Goalkeeper Imaslavii is a rising star in the Vilitan leagues, currently first choice keeper at the famous Jungle Strike F.C.

Roleplaying permissions: We frown on god-modding if there isn't a sense of humour behind it. Everything else is fine. If you'd like to injure a few players or dish out red cards for a particularly harsh game, go right ahead, go hog wild. Want to injure the entire team in a bus-crash? Fine, but make it good, or suffer the humiliation of having your limbs scattered hither and thither via a blast from my mighty ignore-cannon.
Last edited by Audioslavia on Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ibex
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ibex » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:49 am

Ibex is a small, mostly-desert, land-locked nation found slightly west of The Inevitable Syndicate. It is populated mainly by "intelligent" Ibexes (goats). They speak, they work, and they pray; that's about it. The other species--pretty much any intelligent four-hooved creature other than ponies, cows, and pigs--tend to be slightly more educated and in administrative or important business positions, while still maintaining their spirituality. The top tiers of government and business are mostly the least-religious Ibexes, and tend to use the Opiate of the Masses as propaganda and a tool of oppression. Humans are advised to avoid visiting if they can; authorization for entry is difficult to obtain, unauthorized humans are usually enslaved, and there's not that much to see, anyway. Except for the hoofball, of course, and also some magnificent Cathedrals if that's your thing.

Kits courtesy of Kirola Sportswear of Audioslavia. The kit actually shown is worn by the team's human Valet; the players will be wearing kits of almost identical design, but shaped properly for their specific species.

Home

Away

Style Mod: +4.6
Formation: 2-4-4

Manager: Rasim Amirmoez, 39, Ibex. The Prince of Isllamabad, son of Emporor Shang Lér.

Starting XI
Pos # Name Age Species
GK 1 Bluegrass 19 Ibex
D 19 Saliha El-Amin 15 Ibex
D 3 Lujayn Salah 16 Ibex
ML 4 Rolling Plain 28 Buffalo
MLC 5 Hassan Dean 18 Ibex
MRC 6 Azucena Salcedo 37 Impala
MR 7 Pterra Ramosa 24 Alpaca
LW 14 Illebo 20 Llama
FL 9 Aliston Antler 28 Antelope [Captain]
FR 10 Baroque Garret 20 Ibex
RW 11 Baqir Jana 17 Ibex

Reserves
GK 20 Zaran 31 Zebra
D 2 Iron Horn 21 Ibex
D 18 Llaria 21 Llama
M 17 Drevis Prong 23 Antelope
M 16 Jeptha Oll 29 Alpaca
M 15 Arwa Dabil 17 Ibex
F 8 Hadi Inja 12 Ibex
F 13 Quon Nevina 16 Alpaca
F 12 Krunt Ishtag 25 Polar Bear

Choose my goalscorers: Y
Godmod scoring events: Y
RP injuries to my players: Y
Godmod injuries to my players: N
Hand out yellow cards to my players: Y
Hand out red cards to my players Y (Encouraged. Ibexes are very aggressive.)
Godmod other events Y
Karditan puppet
Flag courtesy of Vilita.

AO: Apparently THE Place.
Least Drugged, Most Clothed, Most Conservative, Least Free, and Stupidest in AO.

Audioslavia
Game Moderator

Postby Audioslavia » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:54 am

Niko Ferz was, thankfully, sorting out the last jobs of the day. Getting the players to their hotel rooms, enforcing the curfew and such. Alvaro Mozo, 29 year-old manager of the Audioslavia national team, was able to get into his hotel room and slump down onto the bed.

The ceiling accused him of not knowing what he was doing. He turned over onto his front. The bedcovers did the same thing. Only by screwing his eyes shut and burying his head in a pillow could he drown out the accusations. It had been a difficult day. It had been a difficult week.

First, the arguments over his team selection. The starting eleven had been altered enough to make a few journos nervous, with the untested Zekani and Zerubeltzak drafted into midfield in place of the popular Garrastazu and fan-favourite Mannestraal. Zekani was being played out of position, on the wing as opposed to on his own up front, and this had annoyed player and pundit alike. No matter how sure Alvaro was that Zekani's superior technique and range of skills would be more important than Mannstraal's raw pace and athleticism, the doubts wouldn't go away.

The first match had been a disaster.

Audioslavia had gone down 1-0 early against the unheralded Mavarians, causing a panic in the Audioslavian ranks that wasn't dealt with until Eiger powered a header past the opposition goalkeeper before half-time. The Bulls had come out after the break with renewed vigour, went 2-1 ahead thanks to another Eiger header and extended their lead to 3-1 soon after, Zekani justifying his selection with a crisp cut-in-and-finish with his left foot, but his team inexplicably took their foot off the gas. Mavaria pulled one back on seventy-five minutes and pushed an increasingly nervy Audioslavia back into their own half, finally scoring on eighty-eight minutes.

Resounding boos from the travelling support, who'd had to get up early for this game and weren't too happy to see it fall apart so easily.

Then, the post-game interviews and press conferences. Alvaro had refused to watch them back after partaking in them. He knew how he'd looked: Bewildered, naive, nervy, a frightened little boy. Any attempt to assert himself came not in his usual calm, confident style, but as the whinge of a child. He took solace in the fact that his senior players were too busy playing pool back at the hotel to notice.

Audioslavia now hadn't won a competitive game for four games. Three draws and a defeat. Was the team growing old together? Was there a crisis of confidence? What would the manager be doing about it?

Alvaro didn't know. He'd picked the best team he could. He'll pick the best team next time too. Fingers would be crossed. He'd hope for the best.

Then, that old chestnut. The question that had kept re-appearing every day since they'd arrived into The Inevitable Syndicate.

"What part, if any, will Ko Larrena be playing in the tournament?" had come one question. He'd bristled. Ko was a good fullback. Not the best in the country, but a good one. Vazquez's advancing age and inability to play two games in the space of a week had necessitated his exclusion from the team, Rijsbergen was still being shunted out to the opposite wing, Euler was first choice, but that had left Alvaro bereft of choice for a back-up full-back. He'd opted for Ko Larrena. He knew Ko was a good player. He hadn't reckoned on the accusations.

Ko was from Auskadi. So was Alvaro. Ko played for Izotz Zubia. So had Alvaro. They were the same age. They'd played in the same teams. They were friends. Ko hadn't been anywhere near the Audioslavia first team before Alvaro had taken the manager's job. Now he was in the squad for a major tournament.

Had it been a naive mistake? Very possibly.

Alvaro bit back into his pillow.

The Paradystopi Lymryk Isles
Attaché

Founded: Jan 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Paradystopi Lymryk Isles » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:22 pm

The Saga of Woggle

On a day like today, only glist'ning and serene.
Tranquility blossomed like it's seldom since been.
Two happy young lovers.
Escaped the watch of their mothers.
Sated their concupiscence with actions obscene.

Soon the queen discovered a pup she did carry.
But the meowter was denied right to marry.
A rift broke within the bevy.
Passionate guilt lay heavy.
Away they ran without a second to tarry.

In a lush glade by a babbling brook
Halted they and some respite they took
A modest den, they did craft
Before in the water they splashed
Catching fish, albeit by hook or by crook.

"Daaad!"
"What have I told you about interrupting! This is an important story of our heritage. Woggle Trystbloom is a key figure in Lymryk history."
"But Daaad ... it's boring ..."
"Do you know who Woggle Trystbloom was?"
"No ... "
"Well, you best listen! Where was I?"
"Does he fight any dragons? Or discover buried treasure?"
"By the great fish! No ... He founded the first Lymryk Isles football team. Uniting the clans of the five isles in doing so. His life story is fascinating."
"So there's no dragons?"
"No."
"Or any buried treasure?"
"No."
"So the queen is going to have his pup?"
"No! ... The as-yet unborn pup IS Woggle."
"Oh ... "
"Can I continue now?"
"I suppose ... "
"Thank you! ... Ok ... so ..."
"Why is it important?"
"I thought you'd like to hear some of our heritage seeing as the Lymryk team are currently competing in the AOCAF."
"What's that?"
"The ... erm ... the ... Atlantian Oceania ... err ... Cup something football. Ok?"
"Cup something football?"
"Something like that. Look are you going to listen to the great saga of Woggle?"
"Is it long?"
"Not really ... "
"How long?"
"Only 284 more stanzas."
"No way Dad ... that sucks ... "
"Oi! ... Watch your language young pup!"
"I only said 'sucks' ... "
"Still ... "
"Why can't we just watch the match instead?"

"Because ... err ... Look! This is an important piece of history. A saga written long ago, passed down from meowter to pup by word of mouth. It's ancient."
"Isn't Woggle still alive?"
"Yes ... but ... "
"So it's hardly ancient?"
"That's not the point."
"Can I just watch the match now. They're playing Kinitaria and it starts soon."
"Fine ... I'll just find someone else who wants to hear the stirring tale of Woggle Trystbloom."
"Good luck with that."
"What did you say?!"
"Nothing Dad."
The Paradystopi Lymryk Isles
Demonym: Lymryker(s)
Capital City: Po ê Tiknonsenš
Based in the Atlantian Oceania
Puppet of Paradystopia
Map

Greetings to thine, thou and thee.
We're a puppet, Paradystopi
Based in the AO
(deemed the place to go)
and use limericks to pass off as RP

Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Andossa Se Mitrin Vega » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:44 pm

ASMV AOCAF XLI Roster and Information

Permissions:
You can do anything you like short of killing off players

Squad Name: Sea Dragons

Home Pitch: Ekartera’al se Fuborii Vegai (Vegai Football Cathedral)
Colors: Deep Sky Blue & Yellow

Style: Tidal Surge 3-2-2-1-2
(-2 defensive)

About the Tidal Surge
The Tidal Surge formation is a hybrid style that makes use of athleticism in key “flex” positions that allow the formation to ebb and flow between styles to take advantage of personnel match-ups and break opportunities. At any point in the match the Tidal Surge can more remind viewers and opponents of a 5-3-2 (most often) or a 3 4-3 (least often) but can usually be found flexing in between those extremes.
Three key positions make this formation work. The offensive midfielder with which everyone is familiar and the two hybrid positions called “UP” backs. These two positions are a direct cross between center midfielders and outside backs. These two positions use athletic ability to move up and down the pitch changing the formation to fit the needs of current needs. Thus at any one moment the formation can resemble anything from a 3-4-3 to a 3-5-2 to a 5-3-2 creating, quite nearly, the perfect positions for almost any situation.

Other style notes:
“Smashmouth Footy”. That is how the Sea Dragons play when at their best. They prefer the motto “Hit First, Ask Forgiveness Later” and yet they have become adept enough as to remain just on the safe side of the cards so many other squads get. When you play the Sea Dragons two truths are evident - 1: You had better be ready to play tough and 2: you had better be ready for rough play.

Coaching Staff

Manager: Pygan Ust'dar
Sex: M Age: 71 Ht: 6’4 Wt: 185 lbs
Club: Errion Vega F
Hometown: Anberie, ASMV

A hard-nosed manager who knows how to build a championship club - and maintain it as well, Pygan has been asked to return the Sea Dragons to their former defensive glory and put them in position to finally win a World Cup title. Breaking the Sea Dragon tradition of only carrying 15 players, Pygan has assembled 22 of the Empire’s best as he fully expects the cards to come heavy with this group.

Offensive Asst: Soribo Ough'eng
Sex: M Age: 63 Ht: 6’1 Wt: 180 lbs
Club: Carrington A&T University
Hometown: Carrington, Carrington

Soribo has built a collegiate dynasty on defensive play and opportunistic scoring. The latter is something the Sea Dragons will rely heavily upon as they get back to their defensive roots.

Midfield Asst: Cualonii Eld'tia
Sex: F Age: 37 Ht: 5’8 Wt: 142 lbs
Club: Vegai 4th Quad
Hometwon: Vurang, Eversol

Known for her implementation of a transition style and pace in the midfield, Cualonii will be asked to do the same at this level with just three midfielders. Her natural tendency is to have the middies push forward but she will be asked to have them transition back much more often with the national side. Time will tell if she was the right choice.

Defenders Asst: Niguyi Shy'em
Sex: F Age: 69 Ht: 5’10 Wt: 137 lbs
Club: Kura Kurii
Hometown: Aer’Jhana, Kunei

An innovative defensive coach who gets the most from her players. Returning the Up back position to more of a defensive style rather than the midfield help it had recently become will be a huge factor in the squad’s ability to stifle opposing attackers. Niguyi has been known to reward players for exceptionally brutal hits that change the momentum of the match in her favor.

Goalkeeper Asst : Wopiju Ser'age
Sex: M Age: 40 Ht: 6’6 Wt: 200 lbs
Club: Errion Vega University
Hometown: Errion Vega, ASMV

Wopiju is another dynastic college coach and has turned out more professional keepers than most others have players. He will be responsible for making sure his guys know the tendencies and strengths of anyone they face. Allowing goals at all is simply not an option he cares to think about.

The Squad
Indicates Starting 11
indicates Preferred Substitution
Indicates Other Reserves
Indicates Emergency Use Player

Forwards

RS 19 Fylen Kel'tas
Sex: M Age: 36 Ht: 6’1 Wt: 175 lbs
Club: Loire-Mourenx
Hometown: Thinvaux, Mourenx

Fylen Kel’tas. Perhaps the most talented goal scorer in the Empire, he was never given a shot at making the Sea Dragon roster due to the long-standing tradition of bringing up youth players early. With the very best of the young crop now having been dismissed, Fylen will get his chance and is expected to dominate much the same way as Jonasei Ariq’Alara did during his days.

RS 22 Ekeuli Lor'rilo
Sex: F Age: 33 Ht: 5’5 Wt: 124 lbs
Club: Errion Vega FK
Hometown: Norinii, ASMV

Brilliant in domestic play, it is hoped that her lack of size does not work against her at the international level. She is quick and canny, she will work as a change of pace to Fylen who is a much more technical player.

LS 11 Syrinici Tia'bel
Sex: F Age: 39 Ht: 5’7 Wt: 141 lbs
Club: Malachai Ifreet
Hometown: Ashford, Kelsey

Syri has made a career of banging with the boys on the pitch, giving as many hard shots as she receives. She plays unselfishly and cares nothing for personal glory which makes her ideal for the spot opposite Fylen.

LS 13 Bolexii Pol'age
Sex: M Age: 29 Ht: 6’3 Wt: 197 lbs
Club: Isla De Marte University
Hometown: Stephyk, Acai

A top striker at the collegiate level, Bolexii brings a ton of size to the squad. He plays well with his head which is advantageous on set pieces. Perhaps he can prove himself worthy of a starting position when Syri hangs up her boots.

Midfielders

RM 21 Xataru Enth'umii
Sex: M Age:31 Ht: 5’10 Wt: 172 lbs
Club: Errion Vega Polii
Hometown: Jumanji, Errion

The two dedicated midfielders are asked to cover a ton of ground and control the middle of the pitch. Xateru can manage just that. Quick and possessing excellent ball skills, he is able to harass opposing players as well as keep the ball when numbers are awful.

RM 03 Laken Kim'athu
Sex: F Age: 27 Ht: 5’11 Wt: 140 lbs
Club: South Beach University
Hometown: Warden’s Reach, Carr

A bit of a phenom, Laken was chosen as an all-Vegai player her freshman year - something that almost never happens. It is hoped that she will learn from Xateru and develop into a shining star fir the national side.

CAM 10 Acaugu Eld'mosu
Sex: M Age: 37 Ht: 6’0 Wt: 201 lbs
Club: Lai-Una Reisi
Hometown: Se Crucide, Misii

Acaugu is cautious as he moves forward to attack. He doesn’t like to leave the middle open but realizes that the two strikers need help sooner than later if they are to score. What he lacks in speed he makes up with text book style play.

CAM 27 Tekegi Ny'et
Sex: M Age: 35 Ht: 6’2 Wt: 188 lbs
Club: Piossa Juhinx
Hometown: Cyumba, Awesii

The exact opposite of Acaugu, Tekegi is a kamikaze style attacker. Reckless and prone to suspect decision making, he does make up for it with his sheer tenacity and direct approach.

LM 14 Yseelle Tai'ran
Sex: F Age: 32 Ht: 5’7 Wt: 138 lbs
Club: FK Kelsey
Hometown: Summer Hill, Kelsey

The other dedicated middie, Yselle is nearly a mirror image of Xateru in style and ability. Though some may question her inclusion in the starting eleven, her unselfish team play is just what the Sea Dragons need.

LM 20 Estaine Che'ia
Sex: F Age: 28 Ht: 5’9 Wt: 143 lbs
Club: Uza Uzi Sarud
Hometown: Bayt Al Kissaem, Sa Aln

Estaine is a solid player without an ego. In a system that chooses the very best that is a breath of fresh air. While she is unexceptional, she is still very solid and plays like there is no tomorrow.

Defenders

RUB 30 Panirii Ther'tai
Sex: M Age: 35 Ht: 6’6 Wt: 215 lbs
Club: Meldinburg UH
Hometown: Meldinburg, Meldinburg

Panirii is unusually large for an up-back. That fact works both for and against him. But with this new Sea Dragon squad’s focus on stiff defense he should shine through with his knack for being in the right place at the right time.

RUB 29 Keyean Ust'kelo
Sex: M Age: 36 Ht: 6’2 Wt: 194 lbs
Club: Carrington FK
Hometown: New Anumia, Carrington

Like Panirii, Keyean is a larger up-back who knows how to use his size to his advantage. He excels playing the ball in the air and is a solid offensive threat on set pieces.

RB 41 Lyxat Im'untu
Sex: M Age: 33 Ht: 6’4 Wt: 208 lbs
Club: Erda Khaza
Hometown: C’tai Thai, Triarii Rivii

Lyx is a Sea Dragon style defender who doesn’t hesitate to knock the opposition off the ball. He is known as a nasty player who doesn’t mind seeing a card flashed in his face. If he could cut those down a bit he would be a true star for the side.

RB 31 Mugak Ban'dyn
Sex: M Age: 39 Ht: 6’1 Wt: 226 lbs
Club: Radience Sarud
Hometown: Barataria, Radience

Mugak is the voice of reason on a back line of brash, hard hitting players that don’t usually ask forgiveness. It is hoped that he can help instill some control into the game of Lyx, but that remains to be seen and he is more than capable of playing well if called upon.

CB 54 Cadye Tas'dyn
Sex: F Age: 32 Ht: 5’10 Wt: 165 lbs
Club: Ominus Hera
Hometown: Maraa, Compar

Cadye is a big girl with a big mouth - and a big game. Still young by international standards she has plenty of room to grow into her potential. Treating the back line like it is a mosh pit is her way of controlling the flow of the match.

CB 38 Ikuno Ina'vor
Sex: M Age: 35 Ht: 6’7 Wt: 231 lbs
Club: Rayor CambraI
Hometown: Morsang, Royan

If you think that Cadye plays to rough, don’t knock her out of the match. Ikuno makes her play resemble a powder puff match. Violent and aggressive in his style, Ikuno is not truly happy until he has bloodied himself - and hopefully someone else in the process.

LB 17 Aldire Kim'kalo
Sex: M Age: 31 Ht: 6’3 Wt: 199 lbs
Club: Sarii Carrington
Hometown: Yagrish, Meldinburg

Aldire is not afraid to bang for position and yet has the skill for a finesse style of play. The combination is deadly and opposing attackers can never truly get a fix on what he will do next. Aldire jut might be the key to the whole damn squad and its success.

LB 40 Xopuxabu Ess'kalu
Sex: M Age: 32 Ht: 6’2 Wt: 212 lbs
Club: Vega Dras
Hometown: Kinterpunt, Nairu

As a former defensive midfielder, Xopu has all the skills needed when pushing forward. But it is when he is dropping back that he is most effective - thus his inclusion as a defender. Xopu uses position over strength to hold his line and that will come in useful as cards take their toll on the rest of the defensive back field.

LUB 36 Kisurano Ar'is
Sex: M Age: 41 Ht: 5’9 Wt: 177 lbs
Club: Shalreix FK
Hometown: Motmardel, Vierzon

Kisurano has a great burst to the ball and a lightening quick first step. He uses that to keep opposing attackers focused too much on keeping the ball and away from trying to push the attck.

LUB 63 Ytiya Ny'kalu
Sex: F Age: 30 Ht: 5’10 Wt: 167 lbs
Club: Thrivist UH
Homrtown: Stratori, Falcione

A year ago Yitya couldn’t read well enough to sign her first contract without an advocate present for her. Now she is learning and the education is doing its job as she understands more each day about just how attackers go about their business.

Goal Keepers

GK 00 Sithias Zyh'athkim
Sex: M Age: 34 Ht: 6’5 Wt: 184 lbs
Club: Turin-Kelsey
Hometown: Zumrutkya, Alariz

The national side just released Sanlioch Bez’al. That tells you all you need to now about Sithias. Easily the third best keeper in the DSE and perhaps the best. Sithias has huge shoes to fill. He should not have a problem filling them.

GK 24 Lijytukii Cha'ina
Sex: M Age: 38 Ht: 6’9 Wt: 257 lbs
Club: EV Sarud
Hometown: Lophai, Qalim

Well seasoned and more than efficient, Lijytukii is a solid back up for the Sea Dragons. He understands the game and loves to watch film on opposing attackers. He knows their tendencies better than they do and uses that to his advantage.
Champions: AORBC II (Women's Champs); AOHC IV; Cup of Harmony 44, 49, & 54; Baptism of Iron VBrevity Challenge Cup 3
2nd Place: WC64
3rd Place: WC59; WC61WC65
WC Quarterfinals- 53,58,60
Qualified for WC Proper - 27,28,29,30,53,54,56,58,59,60,61,63,64,65
Host: Draggonnii Inviyatii; BoF 17 ; World Bowl XII; BoF43 (with K&P);World Cup 58 (with QPeMA)World Cup 61 (with Valanora)

AO is, as they say, THE PLACE.
Those of you whom we consider friends and respect here on NS are welcome to join us on FB. Simply TG me and We will set it in motion.

Perlasilangan
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Perlasilangan » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:07 pm

Aguiluz's guide to Perlasilangani Creatures

OVERVIEW
In the Dictatorship of Perlasilangan, the creatures are classified into six: humans, musangs, mulawins, ravenas, monkeys, and gorillas. These creatures have their own characteristics, strengths and weaknesses that may be discussed in this infographic. Naming people in Perlasilangan is a very tedious and long process, save from the long name. Creatures are assigned names not by their parents, but by hospital administrators connected to the dictatorship government. The first three names are the given name, while the last two names, separated by 'y', are the family names. For example: Ronmark Emmanuel Leevhan Tisang y Boncato. If the creature is a human, the administrator takes one name out of the three names (or combining them), followed by the first family name to make an identifier also known as nickname. For example: Emmanuel Tisang or Emmavhan Tisang. Otherwise, only the first name is assigned as such. In instance of the example, Ronmark or Ronvhan will suffice.

Now let's discuss each type. First,

HUMAN
The most basic form of a Perlasilangani is a human being. They are normal and mediocre, but one of the most intelligent beings in the land. Some believe that some humans use PED's to match the ability of the Musangs, or the Mulawin or Ravena, however, rumors will just be rumors, and humans sometimes have gifted abilities that can match other creatures. The anatomy of a human is like a normal people you see in many areas in the Atlantian Oceania. They reproduce by mating in private areas, and it takes nine months to grow a baby. It's lifespan is the highest among the six, with an average life expectancy of 75 years old.

One of the advantages of humans is intelligence, and creatures like these are perfrctly suited for generals in the battlefield, point guards on the court, or captains or central midfielders in the pitch.However, other stats are mediocre, such as speed, agility, strength and durability.

MONKEY
The lesser form of a human. However, studies are being conducted to prove that monkeys have higher intelligence than a human. All they can do is eat bananas and swipe balls from players in the pitches of Perlasilangan. Their intelligence is far less superior of that of a human, but they are the most sneakiest creatures ever encountered in Perlasilangan. Their average life expectancy is 55 years in Perlasilangani Calendar and they reproduce like how humans reproduce theirs.

Monkeys can be defensive specialists or swipers in basketball, or keepers or sweepers at football.

GORILLA
The much lesser form of humans in terms of intelligence. However their size is sufficient enough to make up for that lack of intelligence. They can barge people out of position and be wilder than a snatching monkey. Their strength is superior and are usually hired by delivery agencies or maving companies, ont hing though - each gorilla must be accompanied by a human, or else, mayhem will happen! They reproduce the same way as monkeys and humans, but their life expectancy is slightly less than the monkeys, which is at 52 years.

Gorillas can be best deployed as centers in basketball, center back at football, or just your average bouncer at a Perlasilangani disco club.

MUSANG
Musang is a humanoid cat that can almost do anything. Jump high, run fast, steal balls... eat creatures? No. they do not eat creatures, because they inherited human behavior, but their sense of surviving is sky high. They can live and survive in the jungles for one entire month, except that their human attribute will slowly go away, reducing them to just animals. Musangs are classified in a long range, from domestic cats and nyan cats to tigers, leopards, lions and cheetahs. They reproduce the same as humans, but it takes only three months to grow a baby. Their life expectancy is 60 years.

The cheetah type is famous for being specialized wingers and side backs for football teams, and lion types are ideal for captains. Tiger types fit themselves as strikers. Nyan cats can fill up secretary roles due to their gullibility.

MULAWIN and RAVENA
Mulawin is a humanoid bird that has the ability to fly, This ability to fly can only be used when they are in full power, and this state can only be acheived if they have a ugatpak (lit. root-wing) plugged in. The normal Mulawin have no ugatpaks plugged in, but can still run fast and is very agile. The intelligence of the Mulawin is between the levels of humans and the monkeys. Unlike other species, they reproduce via eggs and have a short life expectancy. 42 years is the average life expectancy, so Mulawins retire from sports in their early 30's, from 31 to 33.

Ravena has the same characteristics of that of Mulawin, except for their feather color. Mulawin has white feathers, while Ravena has black and red feathers. Plus, they are unsuprisingly clever and they are stronger than that of the Mulawin, but the intelligence and dexterity levels are significantly lower.

Humanoid birds can play as wingers and central midfielders, positions that they share with Musangs.
THE DIVERSE REPUBLIC OF PERLASILANGAN
Ang Republikang Magkakaiba ng Perlasilangan
Region: Anaia | Demonym: Perlasilangani | Capital: Santos-Garcia | Trigramme: PSL | Population 44,000,000
Puppet of The Royal Barangay

New Gordonopia
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Gordonopia » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:04 am

The Other Gordonopia... The New Gordonopia
A Fan Blog

There are some things that are just off when watching Alte-Neu play. As much as I love our guys, they don't always feel like a National Team. Maybe its because they aren't, of course, they're just representing a colony for the purposes of one competition. A lot of players may even see donning the uniform as a tryout for the full squad, hoping to join Furst and Franklin in the World Cup.

As odd as this may sound, the game against Maklohi Val was different. We lost, yes, but in their second AOCAF, the end of their second year together, Alte-Neu felt different. Their second time around the track felt more like a National competition than any of their three previous games.

It started in the first ten minutes or so, when Long and Shelton made a couple of probes, supported by Mann on the right. Two years ago, it seemed as if every chance and every goal was a one-man show; a lucky or talented strike with no real 'assist'. For those first ten minutes, had we scored, the story would have been different. I think I saw more real passing, more real coordination, than I did in all of the 40th Cup.

After Vai's Tumo scored in the 34th, I mostly expected the team to fall into the same ritual as last year. For those of you that don't remember the AOCAF 40, there wasn't much preparation headed in. By some stroke of pure luck, the team managed to make it out undefeated, if only because some lone hero managed to answer the goals that got through the scattered defense. The fact that there were few practices beforehand for the hastily organized squad made the achievement all the more astounding.

Yesterday, in the midst of the team's first defeat, I actually saw the legitimate practice put into the New Gordonopian squad come through. The team didn't fall apart, but it didn't lean on one man to try and bring it back. The defense stiffened, working together to put down further threats. The forwards showed some decent passing work to try and answer. I may be crazy, seeing as we didn't even make it out with a point, but yesterday's game was a far better show to watch than any last time around.

Here's hoping we can get some real results.

Furellum
Spokesperson

Founded: May 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Furellum » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:43 am

Introducing the Furellum Turtles!

The Team
#1. Gregor Petrovich (Polar Bear) Goalkeeper
A dominating presence between the goal, Gregor relies on his massive bulk rather than agility to keep shots out. Seen as a solid choice for the team.[/u]

#2. Bronislav Mlaker (Badger) Centreback
Cute and Cuddly, Mlaker has also been voted the player most likely to rip your head off and spit down your neck. A player with a mean streak, Mlaker is a fierce competitor for the ball. He may give away a lot of fouls, but referees should be prepared for the consequences should they get on his bad side...

#3. Baldr Ionescu (Red Deer) Centreback
Baldr is the pin-up of the team, the one who gets all the ladies. He has often been accused of spending more time on his appearance then his sport, but their is no doubt that he is a good footballer, if not a great one.

#4. Fyodor Iosef (Horse) Right Back (Captain)
Solid, dependable and strong. Iosef ticks all the boxes for a defender. His gentle disposotion and calming influence on his team, especially Mlaker, has also led to him being given the captain's armband, a burden he does not bear lightly.

#5. Sorin Vladimirescu (Human) Left Back
Sorin is a minor member of the Maalvian Royal family, who rule over Furellum. As such he is often placed on a pedestal by the lower-class members of the team, even though their is nothing aristocratic about his nature.

#6. Igor Krupin (Weasel) Centreback
Krupin is the clever one on the team. Although the team rely on him for the tactics, Igor often uses his talent for his own purposes, such as committing sneaky fouls. Krupin rarely draws the ire of the referee, even with opposing players falling to the ground all around him. There are some who believe he could talk his way out of a murder charge, although this theory has never been tested.

#7. Symon Maksimov (Grey Wolf) Midfielder

#8. Robert Alexandrescu (Human) Midfielder

#9. Germogen Sokoloff (Cheetah) Midfielder
The quickest player on the team by a long shot, Sokoloff is the key to the Turtle's attack. He has the speed to beat the opposing defence and the skills to find a penetrating pass to the forwards. If he has a weakness it is in his stamina, and he will rarely last a full ninety minutes without being replaced.

#10. Moisey Vaduva (Markhor Goat) Striker
He may look like an old veteran with his almost floor length beard, but don't be fooled. Moisey is a youngster at just nineteen, and as such plays a mostly supporting role in providing the more experienced and skilled Szczelaszczyk with scoring opportunities.

#11. Eleazar Szczelaszczyk (Leopard) Striker
The star of the national team, Eleazar is from a well known sporting family. His son Ezra was in the Under-Fifteen World Cup Squad, and his father was a pro-golfer on the Furellum circuit. Fast and flashy, Szczelaszczyk will be a big contender in the box, much to the despair of foreign commentators who are likely to have to repeat his last name.

The Reserves
#12. Volodya Dumitrescu (Hare) Goalkeeper
An unlikely choice for a goalkeeper due to his diminutive size, Volodya makes up for it with an impressive leap, good reactions, and a strong grip. He's fairy useless against short balls and penalties though, which is why Petrovich is the main keeper for the team.

#14. Vyacheslav Lagunov (Hippo) Defender
The number 13 is considered unlucky in Furellum, so Lagunov was given 14 instead. It doesn't seem to have made a difference to his luck though, as Lagunov has got to be the most clumsiest player ever to take to a field. On the national team mainly because two tonnes of flesh tearing down on you is intimidating for any forward, Lagunov is rarely called on for fear he may unleash chaos on the pitch. The only player in the history of Furellum football to score three own goals in a single match, his powerful kick might be a deadly weapon if only he could control it.

# 15. Marian Constantin (Elk) Defender

# 16. Nicolae Popescu (Human) Midfielder

# 17. Luka Zelenko (Leopard) Midfielder
The player usually called on whenever Sokoloff runs out of steam, Zelenko is a decent attacking midfielder. Suspected of being a feline hybrid and not a pure-blood leopard, Zelenko has the ability to jump nearly two metres in the air, a useful ability whenever the Turtles have a corner.

# 18. Havryil Petrov (Maned wolf) Forward

# 19. Boleslav Balan (Black Boar) Forward

The Strategy
Formation: 5-4-2
Style: -4.5

The Kits

RP Permissions
No killing my players or giving them career-ending injuries. Other then that, have fun.
Winners of the Thirty-first Di Bradini Cup!

The Magical, Anthropomorphic Trans-Dimensional Secret Oligarchy

Proudly located in Atlantian Oceania

Puppet of Barunia
Currently ruled by a secret society
Runner ups at the 4th and 5th U-15 World Cup, with a third place finish in the 6th!

Furellum
Spokesperson

Founded: May 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Furellum » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:38 am

"So you want to tell me what happened?"

"Err, we lost."

"Lost? We're not even there yet, how the hell did we lose when we weren't playing?"

Symon Maksimov, the Furellum midfielder, shook his head. This was going to be difficult to explain to Iosef, the team's captain. They'd left Furellum three days ago on a ship that, in accordance with typical Furelese manufacturing, was a steel-hulled sailing ship. The journey from one side of Furellum to the other was long, and the team had still been on the water when the first game was to have been played. Desperate measures had ben taking, measures Symon knew Fyodor Iosef was not going to like.

"Um well, the FFA had to make a call, so well, the under-fifteen team had some success last time and well…"

Fyodor gave a snort. "The under-fifteen team? You mean we were replaced by a bunch of kids?"

"A bunch of kids who almost took home a trophy in their first outing." Symon reminded him.

"They lost three-nil. Some champions they are. Wait a minute, how the hell did they get to the Syndicate before we did anyway?"

"Oh that um…."

"Symon!"

"Uh, the FFA paid for a magical transportation for the team."

Fyodor looked shocked for a second, then slumped back down into his seat, putting his face in his hooves. After a while he said in a quiet voice, "Are you telling me that the FFA stuck us on this bloody boat, and then paid for a bunch of kids to instant travel to the Syndicate to play in our match?"

Symon sighed. He'd known Fyodor wasn't going to like it. "Yes, that's right."

Fyodor stood up. "When we get back home, someone is going to have a lot of explaining to do."
Last edited by Furellum on Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winners of the Thirty-first Di Bradini Cup!

The Magical, Anthropomorphic Trans-Dimensional Secret Oligarchy

Proudly located in Atlantian Oceania

Puppet of Barunia
Currently ruled by a secret society
Runner ups at the 4th and 5th U-15 World Cup, with a third place finish in the 6th!

Vilita
Minister

Founded: Feb 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Vilita » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:07 am

Eel-Cat Things Held in Opener

Quakmybush gets rare point against Vilita & Turori

It was a result that no one expected in the Tropics or the Island Emirate but a new look Vilita & Turori Eel Cat things side was unable to come away with the three points against Quakmybush on the opening matchday of the 41st AOCAF cup.

As one of the favorites and top seeded teams going into the tournament, the Eel-Cat things were certainly expected to roll easily through the group stage especially with opponents such as Quakmybush and 95x, who the Eel-Cat things have faced regularly in recent runnings of the AOCAF with extrememly lopsided scorelines.

It was a new look Vilita & Turori however, with 8 youngsters out of the 11 player in the starting lineup, and a further gaggle of newcomers sitting on the bench.

There was some experience on the roster, however. Kiiara-Torra goalkeeper Nycflala Kater started between the sticks and long-time Vilita & Turori favorite Kristofer Kilpter joined Enluta Makakio and Matlya Eelador in a three-pronged attack. Kiroki Mitaroka started in midfield.

It was a quiet, goalless affair at the Hyford City Stadium for long stretches frustrating the Vilita & Turori coaches and fans alike who were expecting to see their team score at least 4 or 5 goals on the day.

The youthful side was showing its nerves and the subs bench was filled with even more youth with Inamari Altariiz coming in place of Matlya Eelador at the half, Nili Ylimaiina replacing Viela Lianksa 20 minutes from time and Lopaki Kilpter replacing Mitaroka just moments later.

The Eel-Cat things finally broke through to take the lead through the elder Kilpter in the 76th minute, much to the relief of the fans and staff at the Hyford City Stadium.

However, the lead would not last, Quakmybush would respond quickly, levelling the scores at one goal a piece, and thats how the match would finish.

Though still favored to advance from Group 1, the Vilita & Turori Eel-Cat Things got a loud wake up call on the opening matchday and will need to ensure the nerves are out of the system if they are to capitalize with 3 points on Mathday 2.

Quakmybush
:: Goalscorers ::
:: 76' Kristofer Kilpter
:: Goalscorers ::
:: 80' Quakmybush Midfielder
:: Best Player: Enluta Makakio
:: Worst Player: Etamara Kulkkiia
:: Shots on Target: 5
:: Corner Kicks: 8
:: Best Player: Unknown
:: Worst Player: Unknown
:: Shots on Target: 4
:: Corner Kicks: 8

Vilita & Turori Eel Cat Things ::
[GK] Nycflala Kater, [D.] Tlikao Muratai, [D.] Endur Rotropii, [D.] Inaosnaa Klanoa, [ML] Inlite Makakio, [MC] Etamara Kulkkiia, [MC] Kiroki Mitaroka, [MR] Vliela Lianksa, [FC] Kristofer Kilpter, [FC] Enluta Makakio, [FC] Matlya Eelador
BENCH::
[FC] Nili Ylimaiina, [FC] Inamari Altariiz, [M] Kigaoua Oalalka, [M] Lopaki Kilpter, [U] Dalian Magagula, [D] Ricata Amakra, [GK] G.Q Disterfred II

Vilita Substitutions::
(45) - Matlya Eelador >>> Inamari Altariiz
(69) - Vliela Lianksa >>> Nili Ylimaiina
(73) - Kiroki Mitaroka >>> Lopaki Kilpter

(For Future Statistical Reference)
GK:: Nycflala Kater - [5]

D.:: Tlikao Muratai - [5]
D.:: Endur Rotropii - [9]
D.:: Inaosnaa Klanoa - [8]
ML:: Inlite Makakio - [6]
MC:: Etamara Kulkkiia - [6]
MC:: Kiroki Mitaroka - [7]
MR:: Vliela Lianksa - [6]
FC:: Kristofer Kilpter - [5]
FC:: Enluta Makakio - [9]
FC:: Matlya Eelador - [6]

Vilitan Subs Bench:
FC:: Nili Ylimaiina - [5]
FC:: Inamari Altariiz - [7]
M:: Kigaoua Oalalka - [DNP]
M:: Lopaki Kilpter - [5]
U:: Dalian Magagula - [DNP]
D:: Ricata Amakra - [DNP]
GK:: G.Q Disterfred II - [DNP]
-¤-¤-¤World Cup 20 Champions¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤World Cup 68 Champions¤-¤-¤-
-¤-¤-¤World Cup 77 Champions¤-¤-¤-

Region: Atlantian Oceania - The Home of Sport

Valanora
Senator

Founded: Sep 03, 2007
Democratic Socialists

Postby Valanora » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:09 pm

From the Offices of the VSC does the Marauder information come

My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following:
Choose my goalscorers Y
Godmod Scoring Events Y
RP injuries to my players Y (no more than three weeks out)
Godmod injuries to my players N
Hand out Yellow cards to my players Y
Hand out Red cards to my players N
Godmod Other Events Y

What is the name of…

…the five time World Cup champions?
Valanora (known prior to World Cup 37 as Elves Security Forces)

...the other nations involved in Valanora?
Vyinta and Dark Templara

…the nation in which this Commonwealth play their home matches?
Elves Security Forces (sometimes ESF in shortphrase)

…people from the Commonwealth?
Vanorians or Vanors

…the person who created this mess?
Elves Security Forces

Style Modifier: +3

Kits

ImageImage

Home Away
Third

Manager
Seydiya At’rod’uin (Andossa Se Mitrin Vega) (F)
Seydiya's time as manager of the Marauders is coming to an end with this AOCAF. She did the side well in capturing the record tying fifth World Cup, but the failure to build upon that or perform up to standards in the AOCAF, as well as her own need to move on will see this be her last tournament in charge.

Assistant Manager
Clin Massai
The mind behind Hondo FC's rise to power, he is another one of the assistants who plays mediator between the manager and the staff.

Keeper

Veryasirion Dart, Raynor City United
1 GK
Age - 680
Sex - M
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 181lbs
The back up who has finally been given a chance to show that his success at the domestic level is no fluke. Making the key saves with impressive reflexes and positioning, Dart has proven to be a solution to what had been a usual weakness for Marauder sides.

Defenders

2 Vanacauion Haelinde, Raynor City United
Age - 675
Sex - M
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 168 lbs
A versatile defender who is quick for his size and good with his feet. Can be an attacking threat not only on set piece situations but also deliver good through balls and crosses when he does venture forth.

3 Amonron Eleneth, AC Valanari
Age - 688
Sex - M
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 171 lbs
Quick for his size, Eleneth is the prototypical centerback who stymies any and every foray opposition bring into the box.

4 Thankanion Elenelwa, Mar Sara FC
Age - 624
Sex - M
Weight: 180 lbs
A strong and physical presence that will put some bite into the backline alongside Titenburg.

Midfield

21 Espy va Drake, Yuba United (Paripana)
Sex - M
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 159 lbs
After becoming a folklore hero for the lower class of the world, va Drake has made himself one of the living legends of the game after help leading the side to a title in World Cup 53. He has traveled far and wide while plying his trade, donning kits for no less than four countries clubs, and finally returned him when he signed with United before last season. Seen as the driving force in the middle of the park alongside Hawk, it is up to the opposition to try and figure out how to deal with the brilliance the winger and his other attackers have rather than them to create magic.

6 Aintôrthea Durosa, Royal Rumiatzi (Astograth)
Age - 750
Sex - F
Height: 5"10"
Weight: 144 lbs
Durosa is one of those players that can play just about any position, as her skill set is vast and adequate in multiple areas. She has done exceptionally well in her CMSC seasons, nabbing goals and assists with regularity and continued with her transfer to the Cafundeu league yet to be seen how the shift to Astograth will effect her game however. Her good knowledge of va Drake's typical playing patterns has made the two to be a devastating pair for the opposition to contain.

14 Laborious Hawk, Urbizania Wanderers (Astograth)
Age - 705
Sex -M
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 213 lbs
Words do not even began to define his talent, his talent defines words. He was awarded one of the spots that the Vanorians have in the World Cup Hall of Fame, with it being very well deserved, as he has and continues to earn everything he has been given every single day.

8 Morronuth Neltanta, Wexax United ~
Age - 736
Sex - M
Weight: 164 lbs
A strong and physical player who uses his body well when shielding off opposing players off the ball. Lacks the pace of some of the squad but is great at keeping possession and finding an outlet pass.

28 Faeron Soldarian, Raynor City United
Age - 619
Sex - M
Weight: 163 lbs
Soldarian continues to live in the shadow of more well known players both on the national team and with his club. Despite this, Soldarian is seen by all on the squad as the emotional leader and the linchpin the in the middle that allows the more attacking minded midfielders being allowed to play their game.

Strikers

9 Allandren Fresco, Ibini FC
Age - 494
Sex - M
Weight: 167 lbs
Fresco has proved once again that he is suited for any role that his managers wish to give him, easily adjusting to Hearts style of play and learning his preferred moves. A great shot and football IQ make him a very dangerous attacker for the Marauders.

10 Tûrin Aerataur, Hondo FC ~
Age - 770
Sex - M
Weight: 156 lbs
Long has he been Hearts strike partner at Hondo, now that he has replaced the legendary striker on the national team and he has made use of his dynamic shot to keep the sting of the Vanorian attack strong, if not stronger than it ever has been before.

Subs
13 GK Draugwë Nororon - age 795 - Mar Sara FC (M)
20 GK Belltarion Nartalhûn - age 710 - AC Valanari (M)
15 CB Revhil Lardireil - age 636 - Hondo FC (M)
16 CB Aearost Tinueme - age 603 - Raynor City United (M)
17 CB Berdhiion Narbrinsyr - age 807 - Wexax United (M)
22 AMC Innathwen Tathmin - age 835 - Club ESF (F)
7 MC Rochenion Falaval - age 750 - Club ESF (M)
18 LW Ilglerdiriel Lithvathar - age 711 - Raynor City United (F)
5 LRW Tanna Norovathar - age 371 - FC Capri (F)
16 MC Merenwen Lúinwë - age 671 - Hondo FC (F)
11 ST Dûrdur Celetholtinu - age 688 - Char Sara FC (M)
19 ST Medtôrwen Gwaval - age 747 - Club ESF (F) ~

Captain: Laborious Hawk
Set Piece Taker: Laborious Hawk
Penalty Taker: Allandren Fresco
Right Corner: Espy va Drake
Left Corner: Espy va Drake

Dart
Gwavaul Eleneth Elenelwa
va Drake Soldarian Neltanta Durosa
Hawk

Fresco Aerataur

~ denotes Vyintanese
World Cup 40, 42, 43, 52, & 61 Champions
WC 47, 51, 94 (2nd), WC 34, 38, 39, 41, 44, 45, 53, 60, 67, 92 (3rd), WC 49, 58, 87, 90 (Semifinalist), WC 33, 35-37, 46, 48, 54, 55, 62, 63, 65, 72, 83, 85, 86, 88, 91 (Quarterfinalist)
WCoH VII, VIII, XVII, XXVIII, XXX, XXXII (1st), WCoH I, XXXI, XL (2nd), WCoH II, XXIX (3rd), WCoH XII (4th)
AOCAF 44, 46, 51, 53, 65, 68 Champions, AOCAF 39, 43, 55, 59, 64 Runners Up
Co-Hosted: too many events to count

EPL Season 20,073

I am that which I am and choose to be.

Kiryu-shi
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 07, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Kiryu-shi » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:42 pm

He knew there was something wrong the moment he docked his seaplane at the pier, just a single mountain range away from Kiryu-shi itself. He tried to make appearances here rare, but still, every time he had come here in the past a dozen or so kids would flock towards his boat, half in awe of the ship he was flying, and half in order to get as much money as they could from him for tying his boat down to the pier. The entire port seemed empty, though, as he made his way towards the downtown of the messy sprawl of buildings that people here considered to be their downtown.

He turned his collar up and his aviators sat snug on his face, hiding as much as he could from any curious onlookers. The precautions turned out to be unnecessary, however, as no one paid him a moment's notice in what turned out to be a chaotic and turbulent scene. Around a dozen marching bands seemed to be parked in the center of the only real major street, banners seemed to cling from the sky, erected on every single possible surface, and peopled dressed in the most opulently hideous moving in astonishingly annoying ways clogged the sidewalks, making his voyage all the more frustrating.

He made it to his destination a good 45 minutes later than he planned, although he didn't think it'd have much of an impact on what he was there for. The second floor room was emptier than he'd ever seen it, although the dark, smokey air was just as thick and impenetrable as ever.

"Hey, at the counter. I need to cancel all my bets. Listed under Butta. B-U-T-T-A."

"Uh, okay sir. We have to keep ten percent of your deposit automatically, though, okay?"

The man ignored the squirrely looking attendant, searching through the smoke for familiar faces. The owner of the establishment would be nice to see, but he'd probably be off reveling in the crowds. The only people he could make out were the worst of the worst, addicts who couldn't tear themselves away from their precious horse races for however long it took to get drunk on the crowds of religious freaks outside.

"Umm... sir? Our records show that... all of your business with us has already... commenced? We can't cancel bets that are already underway."

The man wheeled around to glare at the kid behind the counter.

"Do you have any idea what you're talking about, little man? You're a Quee-folk, right? You don't know anything about the outside world, and your people abhor football. You're telling me that the AOCAF has already gotten underway and that these bets have been cancelled?? Well you know what, these fucking bets should automatically be cancelled because there is nothing in anything I've signed that says that matches between people and GOATS can be considered legitimate! Okay, punk? I'll take my deposit back as soon as you go fetch it with your stubby legs."

The man lowered his aviators, peering out over the rim in the hope that it'd be enough to intimidate the kid into listening.

"Umm... I... can't do that. But... You can try, I would suggest, at least, perhaps making it up with other business we can do for you...?"

The man turned back away. The kid had more gumption than he would've expected, trying to get him to double down on the whole gambling thing as long as he was here. It was a lost cause, though, he had known as much since the moment he had heard the result.

If the Kiri couldn't even beat Ibex, the likelihood of him seeing a single payout from the money he'd put down was almost nil. In this ass-backwards city, there was a chance that they hadn't heard about the result yet, and he'd be able to take back most of the money he'd left. He should've known better, considering what a large percentage of their business he supplied, but it was worth a try. He just had to pray that they could pull something off against Andossa Se Mitrin Vega, or else his plans would have to go on hold indefinitely.

As he started to leave, he could hear the attendant's voice calling out, "Hey, sir, are you really.... him?"

He let the door close loudly behind him as an answer.
Champions: Baptism of Fire 21, Di Bradini Cup 24
Second Place: Cup of Harmony 26
Third Place: Cup of Harmony 27, Di Bradini Cup 23
Qualified: World Cup 37, World Cup 61-66

Farfadillis
Minister

Founded: Feb 26, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Farfadillis » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:54 pm

There was a knock on the door. He walked to the door silently.

- Who's there? - he asked.

He was outside, smiling. Not meeting a good friend for so much time was bad for both, and being unemployed temporarily had given him enough time to visit the Syndicate with the sole purpose of seeing Rossizzo.

- Who else?

That particular voice was easy to notice for Hector. He quickly opened the door and met his friend. It was a great surprise for him.

- So what's been of you, Fab? - he said.

- Well, I've been trying to keep up with your pace as a manager, but I'm looking for new challenges, you know.

- Keep up with my pace? You're better than me, you know it.

- Heh, Hector, you got Farfadillis glory and fame, I'll never be able to come close to that. - Numbá replied.

- You got Apox glory and fame as well, we've just taken different paths, sadly.

- Yes, I guess we have. I'm glad I took that different path, and I'm glad you ended up, and getting Farfadillis to where it is now. Too bad the reason why I did it wasn't the best.

- It's been some time, but it's still pretty hard, obviously. Still, I wondered, what was the real reason behind resigning? I mean, nobody's believing you, Numbá. Specially not me, knowing you down to the smallest details.

- Heh, I knew you'd realize. Back when we were younger, you always did. The reason is rather simple.

- Please tell me it's not - he said, before being interrupted by Numbá.

- No, it's not something nearly as bad as last time. It's just that, well, I'm Farf down to the smallest centimetre of my body, if that makes any sense.

- It does not.

- Doesn't matter, the point stands. I just found myself missing Farfadillis. Don't get me wrong, the Apoxian adventure was wonderful, and I got a lot of awesome experiences from it. Among them, qualifying to two World Cups. Still, it's not really my home. This is my home.

- The Inevitable Syndicate?

- For the time being, yes, because the national team is currently staying here for AOCAF Cup 41.

- I see what you mean. I'm guessing you want to help me with tomorrow's match. You're just that predictable.

- No, you just know me very well, Hector. So, well, what do you say?

- Well, you can't help me officially, but I was already watching some tapes and analyzing some bits from the Audioslavians' latest matches, so, well, let's work together as in the old times.

Numbá smiled.

- Thank you, Hector. I knew I could count on you.

Two old friends, two renowned managers, both working together. Two heads might think better than one, but Audioslavia were still back-to-back World Cup champions not too long ago. Farfadillis' fate was yet to be decided.
The Outlandish Lands of Farfadillis Ӿ Population: 20,814,000 ± 11,186,000
Capital: not applicable Ӿ Demonym: Farf, plural Farves
Shango-Fogoa Premier League (wiki) Ӿ Farfadillis national football team Ӿ Map of Farfadillis Ӿ Name Generator

Champions: World Cup 84 and AOCAF Cups 43, 48 and 57
Hosts: World Cups 85 and 91, Baptisms of Fire 54, 68 and 78 and AOCAF Cups 38, 60 and 67

The Inevitable Syndicate
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 28, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Inevitable Syndicate » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:00 pm

Matchday 2

Group 1
Quakmybush 1–1 Naitpyge [at Hyford City Stadium, kick off 09:00]
Vilita & Turori 3–2 95X [at Hyford City Stadium, kick off 14:50 (delayed due to many fans entering the stadium shortly after the match was about to begin. Syndicatian authorities let them in anyway.)]
Group 1                  Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Vilita & Turori 2 1 1 0 4 3 +1 4
2 95X 2 1 0 1 6 5 +1 3
3 Quakmybush 2 0 2 0 2 2 0 2
4 Naitpyge 2 0 1 1 3 5 −2 1

Group 2
Krytenia 1–4 West Guiana [at The Bird Cage, kick off 11:00]
Starblaydia 3–1 Legalese [at The Bird Cage, kick off 16:30]
Group 2                  Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Starblaydia 2 2 0 0 5 1 +4 6
2 West Guiana 2 1 1 0 6 3 +3 4
3 Legalese 2 0 1 1 3 5 −2 1
4 Krytenia 2 0 0 2 1 6 −5 0

Group 3
Perlasilangan 1–4 Ibex [at Patches Park, kick off 12:00]
Andossa Se Mitrin Vega 0–1 Kiryu-shi [at Patches Park, kick off 17:15]
Group 3                  Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Ibex 2 1 1 0 4 1 +3 4
2 Kiryu-shi 2 1 1 0 1 0 +1 4
3 Andossa Se Mitrin Vega 2 1 0 1 1 1 0 3
4 Perlasilangan 2 0 0 2 1 5 −4 0

Group 4
New Cloudsdale 0–1 Lymryk Isles [at The Flynn Arena, kick off 10:00]
The Inevitable Syndicate 1–0 Kinitaria [at The Flynn Arena, kick off 18:30]
Group 4                  Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 The Inevitable Syndicate 2 1 1 0 1 0 +1 4
2 Kinitaria 2 1 0 1 1 1 0 3
3 Lymryk Isles 2 1 0 1 1 1 0 3
4 New Cloudsdale 2 0 1 1 0 1 −1 1

Group 5
Furellum 0–1 New Gordonopia [at Klaus Memorial Stadium, kick off 11:00]
Pacitalia 4–0 Maklohi Vai [at Klaus Memorial Stadium, kick off 17:00]
Group 5                  Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Pacitalia 2 2 0 0 7 0 +7 6
2 New Gordonopia 2 1 0 1 1 1 0 3
3 Maklohi Vai 2 1 0 1 1 4 −3 3
4 Furellum 2 0 0 2 0 4 −4 0

Group 6
Neo Lemmitania 0–2 Savski Venac [at Sunrise Park, kick off 09:30]
Valanora 2–0 New Montreal States [at Sunrise Park, kick off 14:00]
Group 6                  Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Valanora 2 2 0 0 6 0 +6 6
2 Savski Venac 2 1 0 1 2 1 +1 3
3 New Montreal States 2 1 0 1 1 2 −1 3
4 Neo Lemmitania 2 0 0 2 0 6 −6 0

Group 7
Kericia 1–0 Ko-oren [at the DajukDome, kick off 13:00]
Wight 3–3 Thatius [at the DajukDome, kick off 19:30]
Group 7                  Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Thatius 2 1 1 0 8 3 +5 4
2 Wight 2 1 1 0 7 5 +2 4
3 Kericia 2 1 0 1 3 4 −1 3
4 Ko-oren 2 0 0 2 0 6 −6 0

Group 8
Mavaria 0–2 Hutt River [at Point Impact, kick off 10:30]
Audioslavia 5–2 Farfadillis [at Point Impact, kick off 20:30 (match delayed by two hours due to PA System Error: "Archregimancy" national anthem played instead of "Audioslavia". Staff involved have been fired.)]
Group 8                  Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Audioslavia 2 1 1 0 8 5 +3 4
2 Hutt River 2 1 1 0 5 3 +2 4
3 Mavaria 2 0 1 1 3 5 −2 1
4 Farfadillis 2 0 1 1 5 8 −3 1
Last edited by The Inevitable Syndicate on Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Inevitable Syndicate - Host of World Cup 66 with Audioslavia
Precursor to Mertagne (same user) and Euran Oceania Territories (IC)

95X
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 30, 2004
Ex-Nation

95X AOCAF 41 MD1 RP

Postby 95X » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:01 pm

“I threw Special AOCAFXLI Edition Nellie Scout Chance Cubes®, and something went horribly wrong!”
“Now, an XBN SportsBreak, special edition!”

“This 95X AOCAF Cup 41 Match Report is brought to you by Burger Land! Dash on into Burger Land today for the tasty Pony Burger, an one-hundred-thirteen-gram eurpoean-style meat patty with cheese on Burger Land’s special blend of toppings; complete the meal with friendship fries and a one-liter drink! Burger Land, because satisfying your hunger is magic!”

With the sponsorship plug over, the announcer appears briefly on the TV screen while game highlight video runs.

“95X started AOCAF Cup 41 the right way, with a convincing 4-2 win over Naitpyge (which the announcer probably mispronounces “Na-gi-type”)! Let’s go straight to the highlights; pay careful attention, since this competition is the only time you’ll ever see Xi Foureleven and Melissa/Michelle Mitchell in the same uniform, don’t worry, Foureleven has meaner looks than that ready for the opponents.

“Here’s Naitpyge’s Richárd Vörös, scoring the first goal of the game only twenty-one minutes in, Trent Callahan can’t believe he let that one get past him.

“Never fear, just six minutes later Xi Foureleven answers at the other end with a shot from the left corner; 1-1 tie game.

“95X took the lead going into halftime, are both heads looking? Either way, Melissa/Michelle Mitchell perform a surprising spin move in the forty-second minute; 2-1 95X.

“Second half featured some close calls, Foureleven appeared to take an elbow to the face and that’s all the competition needed to provoke her further. Next drive, Foureleven takes matters into her own legs, blowing off three—yes, three—defenders on her way to the goal. 3-1 95X, only fifty-seven minutes in!

“Naitpyge tried to stay in the game; Ottó Velitchkov found success on a throw-in play in the sixty-eighth minute, and at 3-2 they were back in the game.

“Hold that thought, though, as our cameraperson catches ‘that look’ in Foureleven’s eyes, and the reaction of Naitpyge goalkeeper Sámuel Bátori. Not sure how anybody would react to it either, sir.

“Turns out, she wasn’t finished with the offensive effort. The nail in the coffin comes in the seventy-ninth minute, as Foureleven secures the hat trick and puts 95X up for good, 4-2.”

95X 4-Naitpyge 2
(95X: Foureleven :27, :57, :79; Mitchell :42; Naitpyge: Vörös :21, Velitchkov :68)

Ever wondered if your RP characters would get along with the RL you? That’s what this RP is about.

95X had just finished its run in AOCAF 38, losing 1-0 to Andossa se Mitrin Vega in Farfadillis.

Xi Foureleven notices some heavily-pixilated items, thinking nothing of them. But then again, she is also the only 95Xer that knows the secret to her existence. She’s also the only 95Xer that won’t turn hysterically insane for knowing.

“Hey,” a male teammate says to Xi Foureleven as she is about to leave, “you want to get a drink with me somewhere before the team plane leaves?”

“No, you never ask me that question, ever!” she evades him, not even bothering to stop or even look at him as she leaves.

Foureleven instead makes her way to a charter plane. Because she’s the long-established star of the 95X National Team? No, she’s meeting with SC Oceanside’s General Manager.

“Foureleven, welcome!” he says, fully expecting her cold shoulder response as part of her personality. “I know you’d like to get going, so let’s take to the air and get to business.”

As soon as they reached cruising altitude, the general manager asks Foureleven if she’d like anything to eat or drink before they discussed the game.

“No, because I am hungry for something I cannot have,” Foureleven states, while looking down at the floor.

“You wanted to win that last game, right?” the general manager tries to console.

Foureleven remains motionless.

“Well,” he reaches for some paperwork in a briefcase, “I’ve got the next best thing. Just sign here.”

“SC OCEANSIDE PLAYERS’ CONTRACT,” it reads across the top, “modified for Xi Foureleven,” said the subtitle directly below in smaller letters.

All she had to do was sign, leave the Pacific City Nationals, and she would be the highest-paid professional athlete in 95X history.

“Look,” as the general manager tries to sell the contract, “we really want to bring you in to the best team in the country. We’re impressed that you understand contracts so well that you don’t need an agent. You’ll play for the league championship every year. We know you’re not a fan of smaller towns, but there’s things we can do to help you with the transition.”

Foureleven sighs slightly. “I’m still thinking,” she says.

“We’ve several hours to 95X,” the general manager says. “You have some time to think about it.”

Taking the team’s loss a bit too much, Foureleven dozes off in her seat. What starts as a beautiful dream where she is an invisible flying superhero ends with a drastic turn where she’s a housewife.

The thought is disturbing enough to wake her up. Something seems wrong; she is in a bed, and doesn’t seem to be in an airplane. Her eyes, burning slightly, take a moment to adjust. The first thing she sees is back of her hands; the skin is much smoother than it was the previous day! Same for her arms. She then notices she’s wearing bright pink shorts, a color she despises and hasn’t worn in over a decade.

She touches her face as a normal action—again, really smooth skin, even some of her old acne scars are missing. What in the multiverse happened?!

“Sorry, there was a corruption in the database.”

Knowing that voice all too well, Foureleven sits up in the bed, realizing she is in a secure room at Scottfire Military Hospital. Sure enough, the only other person in the room is someone she despised yet wouldn’t exist without.

“I was able to reload your individual file,” Jason NinetyFiveX continues, “but the last backup I made was when you were a teen.”

Foureleven did not need to speak. The look in her eyes conveyed far more meaning that words could.

“You still have all your memories, you’re the same age and you’re still the same person. Everyone will think you had an expensive facelift.”

Foureleven gets up, it’s not the situation as much as how she feels:

“You are repulsive, why am I having certain thoughts?”

“Because,” NinetyFiveX replies, “your body has to go through some stages again. Sorry.”

Foureleven’s enraged eyes glared at NinetyFive X.

“You invade my privacy by creating me, then you try putting me in your other game I despised even more, now this! If not for the cursed barrier between my world and yours,” Foureleven coldly sneers, “I would rip you into pieces so small they could not be identified!”

Expecting the verbal attack, NinetyFiveX looked to the floor.

“There is one thing you can now do,” he says, “you can put yourself anywhere you want in 95X, just as I can.”

NinetyFiveX opens the door that should lead to the hallway, but he instead returns to the RL world. He closes the door after himself.

Foureleven, suffering from feelings caused by a body not yet accustomed to the hormones it generates, thinks of going home, opens the same door, and sees her bedroom in her own home. She walks through to discover NinetyFiveX had told her the truth. She changes into a running outfit and takes a jog through the cold mist on a foggy Pacific City morning, something that helped her greatly.

The next day, she contacts the general manager of SC Oceanside, who was glad to hear from her, as he recalled she turned down his offer of the private jet home, and was obviously surprised to hear she’d seen the final draft of the contract. She ultimately signs, creating another new beginning.
Last edited by 95X on Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
Nation not my RL views, etc.
Poe's Law. Nonpartisan.
Is it sad that some I learned AO4LIFE from are no longer in Atlantian Oceania?
“An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.”—Niels Bohr
‘Everyone makes mistakes, that's why they put erasers at the end of pencils.’—Bob Monkhouse paraphrase
“If you want to read books, read books.”—Dennis James
AOCAF 22 & 47 Champions! • Volleyball World Expo 1, 2, 4, 7 & 9 Champions!

New West Guiana
Minister

Founded: Sep 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New West Guiana » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:50 pm

AOCAF 41
South of the Boarder in TIS

It is expected that a week after the 41st AOCAF that the National Soccer Association will start its 2014 season, three time champions St. Johns United is posed to be the first club since Gemsbrook United did it between 1998 and 2000 to three-peat. Though They are still in the running if Todd Smathers keeps investing big dollars into the team and player development, to win four in a row or four titles in five years. If they do such a thing, after all these years Gem United would no longer lead the league in overall titles. Though we know very well that the Rover family will try this year to make FC United even better to keep their title monopoly on the title race, as since 2003 they've won it five times topping Gem United after they're vitory in 2011.

Though in a new NNN poll 66% of soccer fans polled said they'd like to see a new team step up to the plate or goal and make a run for the NSA title, because for the past six years the same two teams have been winning the title, they are FC United and of course St. Johns United. Over this time span both teams have won the title three times each. The other clubs that are looking to make good on this are:

REAL SALEM Last year they ended with a 16-13-14 record after losing to eventual champions St. Johns United, since they joined the league in 2001 they've always been a contender and in 2005 they showed they can shock the league, by winning the title that year. However though since then they have fallen off the radar a bit, but have made strong showings when it came down to it. Real Salem is expected to have yet another good season, but their fans want more, and Dave Kelm is expected to keep his fans happy. He has announced that over the next five years he will invest an additional $30 million into signing new players and this is what he did just before that 2005 title, so I do expect Salem to put up a great show this year.

ZOMNI CITY From in the magical land of Zomni, comes Zomni City. After the Zomni Football League merged into the NSA or should I say were bought Zomni showed off that they too are a threat. If it weren't for two late goals by St. Johns United it may have been Zomni City in the NSA Cup and maybe they'd be looking to repeat. Now when the ZFL merged everyone said maybe those teams will do good in about two more years, but both Zomni City and Jasper City showed otherwise. In truth I do expect more out of this club after what they showed last year. And because of last year Zomni City saw their overall profits increase 67%, which has owner Mark Le'Peu in the planning of building a new 60,000 seat stadium, which might be shared by Zomni United.

WINSTON FC Only entering their third season they have shown what new and fresh ideas can do and have on a organization. After a heated off-season in 2011 after their first year of play the ownership left and the city of Port Winston bought the team, then sold it to Hamliton Gorge just two weeks before the season started in 2012. Well despite only having two weeks to re-sign all the players and hire a new coaching staff we'd say he did very well helping Winston FC get into the playoffs. Winston FC is expected to improve and since the league office has announced they are not looking to expand from their current format at this time, the field of play looks like last seasons which will help everyone but mainly Winston.

Matchday Two of the 41st AOCAF has come and gone, and WG was expected to defeat Krytenia and did so in simple fashion. Krytenia in the terms of age is up their a ways, they are the ones who did think of the idea of further elevating the region from all the rest by creating the AOCAF all those years ago. For a few years their government has been MIA, but now has strengthened enough to assume power and put our worries at rest along the boarder.

But since re-founding themselves in a sense they'd had to re-organize their national soccer team, which has been difficult however though come AOCAF 42 I think they'll be in good shape. Though today they weren't we beat them 4-1, which as I've said wasn't surprising in one bit. I'm not going to talk about the game much, not as much as our last group stage match against Starblaydia. Oh..oh...this is going to be interesting, as in the Round of 16 in AOCAF 39 we shocked the region by toppling them in a game that went all the way to penalty kicks, where in we won 4-3. I'm thinking they will want revenge for that, but for this tournament i've been feeling good about our chances of making it back into the knock-offs.

Look inorder to clinch our spot all we have to simply do is tie them, but if our team is up to it, as they should always be if we win, well we'll win our group for a start and maybe get a better seeding that might just might help get the team back into the quarter-finals. But lets not get too excited, we should at lest cheer for a tie. If we get a loss then we had hope we score enough goals, because we have Legalese breathing down our back and they want to move on, we saw it on MD one, so the team better be on their top game.

Krytenia 1–4 West Guiana
Starblaydia 3–1 Legalese
Group 2                  Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Starblaydia 2 2 0 0 5 1 +4 6
2 West Guiana 2 1 1 0 6 3 +3 4
3 Legalese 2 0 1 1 3 5 −2 1
4 Krytenia 2 0 0 2 1 6 −5 0
Domestic sports leagues

NS is just a state of mind, time has no boundary nor does our sanity.

Please ignore my senseless ramblings, I'm getting old.

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:20 am

OOC: I decided to try something different today, so here's a go at a vocal RP. Doing it in this style was cleared by TIS. My real voice sounds nothing like what's in the file, so don't get any ideas. :p

Lumako Kurukapai reporting on AOCAF 41, Matchday 2
"For the glory of our people, we govern our nation freely. For the glory of Polynesia, we help and strengthen our friends. For the glory of the earth, we do not destroy what it has bestowed upon us."
Demonym: Vaian
-Kamanakai Oa'a Pani, first president of Maklohi Vai
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Hosted: MVBT 1; WBC 27; Friendly Cups 7, 9; (co-) NSCAA 5
Former President, WBC; WBC Councillor
Senator Giandomenico Abruzzi, Workers Party of Galatea
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator
Beto Goncalves, Chair, CTA
Abraham Kamassi, Chair, Labour Party of Elizia
President of Calaverde Eduardo Bustamante; Leader, LDP
President of Baltonia Dovydas Kanarigis; Leader, LDP
President of Aurentina Wulukuno Porunalakai; Leader, Progress Coa.

Perlasilangan
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Perlasilangan » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:31 pm

"Too much power, too much red cards"

I am Gil Perez, full name Gil Pedro Juancho Perez y Garcia, sportswriter and journeyman, and especially human. Our national team seems to face reality. After losing their first match against regional powerhouse Andossa se Mitrin Vega, Our players lost discipline as red cards rained in Patches Park in a not so beautiful afternoon.

The atmosphere here in The Inevitable Syndicate is great, although there are problems in the northwest. I went through many places here in Wozinitz and it was peaceful, yeah, despite those problems in the northwest, the city is peaceful, the people are kind, and the food is great! Anyway, back to football, Perlasilangan hoped to surprise everyone, but it is the side itself that is surprised, as two unsurprising losses came to fruition.

The first was against arguably the strongest team in the region - not the best way to make your debut in the regional stage. The Mulawins are in the fire early as the Sea Dragons looked to attack any opening in the Perlasilangani defense and all of their shots were on target. Rowello however was alert. He saved shot after shot and parries them with sleek movement. He kept his stronghold, until the 65th minute came. Out of nowhere, Fylen Kel'tas scored a blistering strike beyond Rowello's reach. He was demoralized after conceding that goal, however, the attack of the Sea Dragons subsided, and settled for the win.

Next up was Ibex. The Goats were overly aggressive at the onset and tried to score every opportunity. Baroque Garret scored the first, second third and well, fourth goal for Ibex in the second half after Norman opened the scoring in the 5th minute. It was a game of attrition - before half time, three players were sent off. Hassan Deen of Ibex, Manuel and Armanic of Perlasilangan. Deen's overly aggressive play took Manuel and Armanic's hot headed personality slammed Deen to the ground. And Manuel soon joined in the barrage. The two were sent off for poor behavior and Deen was sent off for that aggressive tackle.

The second half brought goals from Garret and, more red cards. Another poor tackle from Lujayn Salah merited Ibex a red card, and fighting among the Perlasilangani players took centerstage as Severino and Dion were tearing each others' shirts, as a result, both were sent off. The Mulawins, with only 7 men on the field still played their football, but they just cannot stop the opponents from scoring. The score, 4-1.

Next up will be Kiryu-shi, and then a disappointing trip back home to Perlasilangan. For the meantime, I'll enjoy the food here, buy souvenirs and go home.

K. Tnx. Bye.

-GPJPG
THE DIVERSE REPUBLIC OF PERLASILANGAN
Ang Republikang Magkakaiba ng Perlasilangan
Region: Anaia | Demonym: Perlasilangani | Capital: Santos-Garcia | Trigramme: PSL | Population 44,000,000
Puppet of The Royal Barangay

Audioslavia
Game Moderator

Postby Audioslavia » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:43 am

Alvaro Mozo, manager of the Audioslavia national team, was just 29 years old. Frightfully young for a manager, and especially a problem seeing that the average age of his first eleven was just over 28. He wasn't an authority figure, he was a peer. Some of the players he was 'managing' were first-teamers at Izotz Zubia while he was a reserve at the same club. It was difficult to assert his authority.

He was glad that there was little alcohol to be had in Syndicatia. The argument against the terrible idea - espoused by senior members of the squad - that they should be allowed to have a few drinks after their win was easily put to bed by the fact that the strongest thing on offer was Dandelion and Burdock.

What a win it had been, though.

Audioslavia had crushed Farfadillis on their way to the AOCAF 38 championship, and had done so again in style. The Farves had struck first, Rancisc Faró grabbing a rare goal from centre-half via a towering back-post header from a corner, but Karsten Eiger had wiped out the lead with a similar effort, had set up Zerubeltzak for number two and had powered in a third before the game was even half an hour old. Ichi Tuzzio had rifled in a long-range effort before half-time that pulled the game back to 3-2, and for the ten minutes before half-time Farfadillis had threatened to turn the game into an attacking slug-fest, but Wim Van Wildernis' capitalisation on a disasterous back-pass from Santos Alaminos - nipping the ball away from the goalkeeper's despairing slide and tucking the ball into the unguarded net for 4-2, reasserted Audioslavia's dominance before half-time.

It set the record for the most goals scored before half-time in an Audioslavia match. That was food for thought. That the Bulls managed to finally shut up shop, defensively, in the second half was a relief, and substitute Alexander Kirk's turn-and-finish on seventy-three minutes added a gloss to the scoreline that would appease the fans and get the journos off of Alvaro's back, for the time-being at least.

Alvaro's thoughts switched to the game against Hutt River. He knew that even a defeat to their rivals in northern AO probably wouldn't scupper their chances of reaching the second round, but such a loss would barely bode well for the rest of the tournament. Or would it? His players were over-confident, many of them capable of switching off entirely and relying on their team-mates to do the dirty-work for them. The older players had won all this before, had only a fraction of the desire they'd had as teenagers and twenty-somethings on the cusp of the national team. Maybe a defeat would do them good?

Either way, that was hardly something Alvaro could plan for. His current record as Audioslavia manager: Played 3, won 1, drawn 2. Hardly enough to get himself re-hired.

He got out his chalk board.

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:49 am

Plans for a secondary national team

Lyra is the Seasogs champion. The biggest club team competition in Rugby was won by a Ko-orenite club. The football clubs are not as successful. Meanwhile, the BCCC is over, and the Generals represented Ko-oren with the final four. Again. All leagues play with just players from Ko-oren and the colonies, and the next step is to achieve that in the national football league. For this purpose, there were sources that said the KFA might be looking into creating a secondary national team, to keep an eye on the players that are not with the top 23 of the country, but could take over for one of the 23 in case of an injury or even form drop. The first team is to play in the World Cup qualification, World Cup and Cup of Harmony. The secondary team is to play in tournaments like the Market Cup. But the AOCAF, now Ko-oren is in the region, where does that go? Some say that the AOCAF is a step lower from the World Cup, and therefore the secondary team should play, and some say that AOCAF allows us to play against world-class opponents three times (or more) and that it gives valuable experience for next World Cups and AOCAFs. The KFA obviously tries to please both sides, saying that the World Cup is the focus for the primary team, but that the AOCAF is way too important to just let slide. Especially with the teams that are in AOCAF: Atlantian Oceania accounts for about 50% of the teams that eventually qualify for the World Cup. And moreover, what is more important? A 'regular group match' against Thatius, Kericia or Wight (of all nations?), or WCQ games against world-class nations such as... well... those that are somewhere between 200th and 300th?

Below the primary and secondary team is the U-21 team. Usually in the Di Bradini Cup, actually always in the DBC (except for this season), they are the future World Cup team. The DBC results are sub-par at least, often abysmal for a team with (future) World Cup ambitions, so maybe it is time to speed up the plans for the Youth League. There is finally consensus that the dioceses borders will be used to determine teams, and that there will be several leagues according to geographical distribution.

Ages are being written for stadiums, as well as baseball stadiums. Ages are also being prepared for many more uses, such as national assemblies such as the parliament: "This way, the parliamentarians can stay in their district to keep track of what is going on there, and what local problems are. Not even an hour later they can be ready to discuss this in our national parliament!"

As far as the AOCAF is concerned: people are not as optimistic about that as about the idea that the national league is going to be a strong competition. The second match ended in a 1-0 loss against Kericia, and the last game is against Wight. They need to win to advance, while Ko-oren has nothing left to fight for. Or actually, there is one last thing to fight for: not ending up as the team with the worst record of all AOCAF teams. Currently Ko-oren is joint last together with Neo Lemmitania, on zero points and a -6 goal difference. Both teams still wait for their first goal in AOCAF 41.

New away kit for NT

The KFA has also given some local designers the task to make a new away kit or 3rd kit for the national team. "The first one still works. But why not let our national designers in on the successful national team?" was the rhetoric. The second design has been made for a third kit, behind the green and yellow first and second kits. This one is white, with green and blue lines across the shirt, as an alternative for the black kit that was presented earlier.

Second new flag design

WCC President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports