NATION

PASSWORD

NSG Senate Chamber [NSG Senate]

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Senate President pro Tempore
Civilian

Founded: Jul 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Queue: International Relations

Postby Senate President pro Tempore » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:05 pm

Last edited by Senate President pro Tempore on Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Current Officer: David Sloman
Questions/Comments/Concerns? Contact us at one of the following:

senatepresprotemp@auremail.com
(103) 265-3984-991

Civilian

Ex-Nation

Queue: Foreign Affairs

Foreign Affairs

*None*
Last edited by Senate President pro Tempore on Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

(103) 265-3984-991

Civilian

Ex-Nation

Queue: Miscellaneous

Last edited by Senate President pro Tempore on Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

(103) 265-3984-991

Civilian

Ex-Nation

Queue: Business & Finance

Postby Senate President pro Tempore » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:06 pm

Last edited by Senate President pro Tempore on Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.

(103) 265-3984-991

Civilian

Ex-Nation

Queue: Environment & Energy

Last edited by Senate President pro Tempore on Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.

(103) 265-3984-991

Civilian

Ex-Nation

Queue: Domestic Development

Last edited by Senate President pro Tempore on Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.

(103) 265-3984-991

Civilian

Ex-Nation

Queue: Senate Procedures

Postby Senate President pro Tempore » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:07 pm

Last edited by Senate President pro Tempore on Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.

(103) 265-3984-991

Venaleria
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Venaleria » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:19 pm

Feel free to post now, Senators. I believe we should start off by debating the Safety & Order category.
Last edited by Venaleria on Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vice President of Aurentina, representing Lüsen, District 375
Election Commissioner for the Red-Greens Party
NSG Senate Administrator
Ambassador to the Totally Rad Party
Join Sirius. Siriusly.
If you're going to spell my name, spell it correctly. Or you can just call me Ven or Venny.
"Is it behind the bunny?" "It IS the bunny!" -MP

Venaleria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Venaleria » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:23 pm

(This post serves as an example for submitting legislation, now that we have a new queue)

I would like to submit the Mobile Phone Vehicle Operation Restrictions Act to the queue in the Domestic Development category:

Mobile Phone Vehicle Operation Restrictions Act (MPVORA)
Written by: Venaleria [RG] | Sponsored by: Aeken [LD] HumanSanity [RG] Battlion [NLP] Polvia [RG] Rumostan [NLP] Fulflood [LD] New Sapienta [PCP] New Zephua [PCP] Kouralia [NSLP] Maklohi Vai [LD] Great Nepal [CFE] Otrenia [PMP] Britanno [President/PCP] | Urgency: High

The Senate of Aurentina,

APPALLED at the national and international levels of injury, death, and damage due to the usage of mobile phones during the operation of a motor vehicle
DISTRESSED at the fact that this issue has not been addressed sooner and that no legislator has thought of the importance of such an act
SURPRISED of the little caution or care which many motor vehicle operators take when in the usage of a motor vehicle
RECOMMENDS more legislation to be made in the future regarding motor vehicle safety

Hereby defines the following:

Mobile Phone: A type of telephone with access to a cellular radio system so that it may be used over largely encompassing area, without physical connection to a network
Motor Vehicle: A vehicle powered by that of an internal combustion engine
Motor Vehicle Operation: The system operation of the aforementioned motor vehicle, by driving or moving in any direction, at any speed, anywhere, for any reason, at any time
Severity Level: A status of severity or stringency which measures the effects of the usage of a mobile phone when in the operation of a motor vehicle. This is to be measured at the discretion of the constable or constables present with Severity Level I being the first and most casual of offenses while Severity Level X is the last and most serious
Educational Course in Accident Prevention (ECAP): A governmentally-sponsored and taught class to be focused on the effects and ways of which a violator of the mandates ahead can prevent accidents caused by the usage of a mobile phone while operating a motor vehicle.

Hereby mandates the following statements:

1. The usage of a mobile phone of any type or manufacturer shall be prohibited and deemed illegal while in the operation or driver's seat of a motor vehicle in order to prevent injury, death or damage from occurring because of these distractions
1a. Usage of a mobile phone while in operation of a motor vehicle shall also be prohibited and deemed illegal when the motor vehicle is still running on public roads and freeways, but has stopped for any reason; ex. stop lights
2. Enforcement of these restrictions shall be made by certified constables of the Local Constabularies and the Gendarmerie.
2a. Violations of these restrictions shall be punishable by the following measures, as seen fit by the constable or constables present depending on the severity and frequency of the issue:

1st Offense or Severity Level I- A first warning
2nd Offense or Severity Level II- A second warning
3rd Offense or Severity Level III- A citation of £35.00 or option of ECAP
4th Offense or Severity Level IV- A citation of £60.00 or option of ECAP
5th Offense or Severity Level V- A citation of £150.00 or option of ECAP
6th Offense or Severity Level VI- A citation of £320.00 or option of ECAP
7th Offense or Severity Level VII- A loss of license for 50 days with a required ECAP
8th Offense or Severity Level VIII- A loss of license for 75 days with a required ECAP
9th Offense or Severity Level IX- A loss of license for 100 days with a required ECAP
10th Offense or Severity Level X- An arrest, loss of license, and tow of vehicle (may only be applied if severe injury, death, or damage has been caused)

3. Makes it clear that this act shall not prohibit the usage of hands-free mobile devices or their applications while in the operation of a motor-vehicle

The Senate hereby instates the Mobile Phone Vehicle Operation Restrictions Act.
NSG Senate Administrator
Join Sirius. Siriusly.
If you're going to spell my name, spell it correctly. Or you can just call me Ven or Venny.

Ranbo
Minister

Founded: Aug 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ranbo » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:23 pm

Venaleria wrote:Feel free to post now, Senators. I believe we should start off by debating the Safety & Order category.

I can already see that it is the section most packed full of legislation.
Last Edited by Charlie at 4:00 Oogle Time, 1,000,000 times in total

I am from the States of America. I dropped the United a hell of a while ago.
Bhastion Brews. For the coffee lover in you.

Jenrak, kick cancer in the face. We're all proud of your courage.

Gothmogs
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gothmogs » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:23 pm

Venaleria wrote:Feel free to post now, Senators. I believe we should start off by debating the Safety & Order category.

Because of the insanely large amount of bills we have to read through, do you think it would be better to vote on one half first and then the other half later?
I started NS on Nov 6, 2011. I accidentally let my original nation die.
Auurentinaaa
Auurentinaaa
Auurentinaaa

Unlucky 13th Aurentine Senator, and Former member of the first NSG senate party, the Left Alliance.
Also, bonobos.

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:23 pm

Um, i disagree with how you classified international relations and foreign affairs. Shouldnt eh military stuff be in the foreign affairs section?

Also, is there any possible way we could break up saftey and order a bit? 13 bills is.... very hard to work with
New Pyrrhius wrote:Byzantium, eat a Snickers. You become an imperialistic psychopathic dictatorship when you're hungry.

The Grumpy Cat wrote:Their very existence... makes me sick.
After a short 600 year rest, the Empire is back, and is better then ever! After our grueling experience since 1453, no longer will our great empire be suppressed. The Ottomans may be gone, but the war continues!
I support Thermonuclear Warfare. Do you?
Proud member of The Anti Democracy League
Senator Willem de Ruyter of the Civic Reform Party

Venaleria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Venaleria » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:26 pm

Byzantium Imperial wrote:

Um, i disagree with how you classified international relations and foreign affairs. Shouldnt eh military stuff be in the foreign affairs section?

Also, is there any possible way we could break up saftey and order a bit? 13 bills is.... very hard to work with

Senator, I was told by the authors of the bills where to put their bills, I didn't classify them myself.

And yes, I was thinking we should probably break up the bill number.
NSG Senate Administrator
Join Sirius. Siriusly.

Gothmogs
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gothmogs » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:32 pm

Littering Prevention Act
Drafted By: Cengiz Harun (Gothmogs)
Sponsors: The Nihilistic View, Kamchastkia, Venaleria, Senator Arthur Marten

Littering is a big problem in all countries, as it is unappealing, distasteful, and just plain nasty. Many people feel it is okay to toss their used objects onto the ground wherever they happen to be, which is a problem this bill sets out to fix.

Defines trash for the purposes of this bill as objects that are no longer being used for any purpose.

Defines a waste bin for the purposes of this bill as a container, bag, or bin, which sole purpose is for the temporary holding of trash and/or waste.

Defines a landfill for the purposes of this bill as any area designated by the government for the holding of trash and/or waste.

Section 1 - Individual Disposal
1. It shall be illegal for a person to place trash on public property unless it is disposed of in a waste bin or landfill.
2. It shall be illegal for a person to place trash on private property unless it is disposed of in a waste bin with the consent of the owner or the owner of the private property gives consent to the placing of the trash on their property.
3. Any individual who disposes of trash on public property without it being in a waste bin or landfill shall be forced to pay a £50 fine and/or be forced to clean up the trash they disposed of illegally.
4. Any individual who disposes of trash on private property without the consent of the owner of the property or without it being in a waste bin with the consent of the owner of the property shall be forced to pay a £50 fine and/or be forced to clean up the trash they disposed of illegally.
5. Should trash disposed on private property be blown naturally onto public property ,or another individuals private property, the owner of the private property from which the trash was blown will be forced to pay a £50 fine and/or be forced to clean up the trash that was blown.

Section 2 - Collective Disposal
1. It shall be illegal for a collective group of people or a company to dispose of trash on public property unless it is disposed of in waste bin or landfill.
2. It shall be illegal for a collective group of people or a company to place trash on private property unless it is disposed of in a waste bin or landfill with the consent of the owner or the owner of the private property gives consent to the placing of the trash on their property.
3. Any collective group of people or company that disposes of trash on public property without it being in a waste bin or landfill shall be forced to pay a £100 fine and/or be forced to clean up the trash they disposed of illegally.
4. Any collective group of people or company that disposes of trash on private property without the consent of the owner or without it being in a waste bin or landfill with the consent of the owner shall be forced to pay a £100 fine and/or be forced to clean up the trash they disposed of illegally.

Section 3 - Constituency Powers
1. Constituency governments have the power to raise the fines for illegal disposal of trash.
2. Constituency governments have the power to lower the fines for illegal disposal of trash, but they may not lower it past the fines proposed in this bill.

Hereby passes the Littering Prevention Act

I motion to add this to Environment and Energy.
I started NS on Nov 6, 2011. I accidentally let my original nation die.
Auurentinaaa
Auurentinaaa
Auurentinaaa

Unlucky 13th Aurentine Senator, and Former member of the first NSG senate party, the Left Alliance.
Also, bonobos.

Civilian

Ex-Nation

Postby Senate President pro Tempore » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:34 pm

Added.

(103) 265-3984-991

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:37 pm

No, voting at all of them at once is perfectly fine. We can spend a bit longer debating/voting instead.
Last edited by Great Nepal on Sun Nov 29, 1995 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Byzantium Imperial
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Byzantium Imperial » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:37 pm

Venaleria wrote:
Byzantium Imperial wrote:Um, i disagree with how you classified international relations and foreign affairs. Shouldnt eh military stuff be in the foreign affairs section?

Senator, I was told by the authors of the bills where to put their bills, I didn't classify them myself.

certainly you the senate president can reorganize bills as you see fit? Its not like it would be unreasonable. Or perhaps even make 2 saftey omnibuses.....
But 13 is simply too much
New Pyrrhius wrote:Byzantium, eat a Snickers. You become an imperialistic psychopathic dictatorship when you're hungry.

The Grumpy Cat wrote:Their very existence... makes me sick.
After a short 600 year rest, the Empire is back, and is better then ever! After our grueling experience since 1453, no longer will our great empire be suppressed. The Ottomans may be gone, but the war continues!
I support Thermonuclear Warfare. Do you?
Proud member of The Anti Democracy League
Senator Willem de Ruyter of the Civic Reform Party

Venaleria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Venaleria » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:38 pm

Senators, it seems I have made a mistake. Foreign Affairs does not seem to be in the category selection of the original SIMBEDS bill, and I question why.
NSG Senate Administrator
Join Sirius. Siriusly.

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:39 pm

Venaleria wrote:

certainly you the senate president can reorganize bills as you see fit? Its not like it would be unreasonable. Or perhaps even make 2 saftey omnibuses.....

Why, cant senators read 13 bills and decide in 24 hours?

Venaleria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Venaleria » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:39 pm

Great Nepal wrote:No, voting at all of them at once is perfectly fine. We can spend a bit longer debating/voting instead.

I agree, but the problem is mostly counting. The vote count would be extremely confusing and it would take an immense amount of time and energy to plan out and operate.
NSG Senate Administrator
Join Sirius. Siriusly.

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:39 pm

Venaleria wrote:
Great Nepal wrote:No, voting at all of them at once is perfectly fine. We can spend a bit longer debating/voting instead.

I agree, but the problem is mostly counting. The vote count would be extremely confusing and it would take an immense amount of time and energy to plan out and operate.

Not if every senator has to add their vote to the count at end of the voting themselves. Vote count would be self-maintained.
Last edited by Great Nepal on Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Venaleria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Venaleria » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:41 pm

Venaleria wrote:

(the president of the senate is vice-president, just so you know)

I could, but it's a little more complicated than that. The name "Foreign Affairs" does not exactly give the military vibe. But nor does "International Relations".
NSG Senate Administrator
Join Sirius. Siriusly.

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:41 pm

Once I get home, I will be introducing a bill that strikes the debate time mandate from the Second Constitution and replaces it with a system more fit for SIMBEDS. This bill had also been TGd to several people, so I give anyone who has sponsored the bill the power to post it in the chamber so people can see it. I will make the official addition to the queue later.
"For the glory of our people, we govern our nation freely. For the glory of Polynesia, we help and strengthen our friends. For the glory of the earth, we do not destroy what it has bestowed upon us."
Demonym: Vaian
-Kamanakai Oa'a Pani, first president of Maklohi Vai
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Hosted: MVBT 1; WBC 27; Friendly Cups 7, 9; (co-) NSCAA 5
Former President, WBC; WBC Councillor
Senator Giandomenico Abruzzi, Workers Party of Galatea
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator
Beto Goncalves, Chair, CTA
Abraham Kamassi, Chair, Labour Party of Elizia
President of Calaverde Eduardo Bustamante; Leader, LDP
President of Baltonia Dovydas Kanarigis; Leader, LDP
President of Aurentina Wulukuno Porunalakai; Leader, Progress Coa.

Venaleria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Venaleria » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:42 pm

Great Nepal wrote:
Venaleria wrote:

Not if every senator has to add their vote to the count at end of the voting themselves. Vote count would be self-maintained.

Maybe, but that would most certainly cause counting issues and it would take up a TON of space.
NSG Senate Administrator
Join Sirius. Siriusly.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives