NATION

PASSWORD

Super Hero High: Prometheus Rising (OOC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Retro Frost
Envoy

Founded: Feb 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Retro Frost » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:39 pm

Setinel wrote:
Terintania wrote:Your post has the [quote="Setinel";p] whatsit thing in it, so, yeah, it's a possibility.[/quote][/quote]

Yeah definently then. You think my character will make it?[/quote][/quote][/quote]

It might be better to include some more information in the application. Try to include some personality information in the history, is he a brick, is he an over emotional scaredy cat or is he a macho man. Fix America to American and try to designate a state. Tell us is he good at sports or does not prefer to play. Try and make your character feel alive from the app so the rest of us can respond better to your characters actions and speech.
If it doesn't work add more struts, If that doesn't work add even more struts.

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:58 pm

Personally, I'd be questioning his origins. Specifically that there are, apparently, "materialization tubes", which have the ability to construct (atom for atom) perfect replica's of human bodies, in a few seconds. Also the fact that this A.I. was able to download itself into the mind of this human. And that he was able to escape wherever he was "born", by somehow exploding some cars and releasing a virus. Or even why he would do that, if he apparently has the ability to travel through electrical wiring, which would be a much easier way of escape.

His only superpower is electricity manipulation (the programming and hacking skills would only be natural, given the origins). The ability to compress his body into a stream of electricity, travel through certain materials, and reform said body, seems to me a logical extension of that ability (given decades of practice and mastery).
Last edited by Camicon on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

Setinel
Negotiator

Founded: May 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Setinel » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:04 pm

Camicon wrote:Personally, I'd be questioning his origins. Specifically that there are, apparently, "materialization tubes", which have the ability to construct (atom for atom) perfect replica's of human bodies, in a few seconds. Also the fact that this A.I. was able to download itself into the mind of this human.

His only superpower is electricity manipulation (the programming and hacking skills would only be natural, given the origins). The ability to compress his body into a stream of electricity, travel through certain materials, and reform said body, seems to me a logical extension of that ability (given decades of practice and mastery).

Being a super computer able to think and act on it's own in a test facility like this I feel it likely he could find a materializer and make a body with these abilities though programming the body could be a long while. The smarts of a super computer to that degree could therefore allow emotion if programmed and with a brain that powerful he could easily create a new body in seconds or upgrade the tubes.
98% of all NS users would cry if they had to read a lot to understand an RP, regardless of how good it was. If you're one of the 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:32 pm

Setinel wrote:
Camicon wrote:Personally, I'd be questioning his origins. Specifically that there are, apparently, "materialization tubes", which have the ability to construct (atom for atom) perfect replica's of human bodies, in a few seconds. Also the fact that this A.I. was able to download itself into the mind of this human.

Being a super computer able to think and act on it's own in a test facility like this I feel it likely he could find a materializer and make a body with these abilities though programming the body could be a long while. The smarts of a super computer to that degree could therefore allow emotion if programmed and with a brain that powerful he could easily create a new body in seconds or upgrade the tubes.

You don't seem to understand how incomprehensibly complex a machine would have to be, to create a human body completely from scratch, by individually placing atoms. It's about as close to impossible as anything will ever be. Which doesn't resolve the issue of an AI somehow having the ability to transfer itself, while retaining itself, into a different "brain" (which current thought on the matter would say is wholly impossible). Nor does it address the completely illogical assumption that a facility working on creating sentient AI would also have this "materializer" machine.

For his origins to stay as is, there are a plethora of things MA would have to allow for. Let me list a few.

Consciousness transfers. If an AI consciousness can download into a human brain, then human consciousness can of course be uploaded into computers, and downloaded into other bodies. All operating under the assumption that the consciousness is not altered by these transfers.

Teleportation and (some fucking weird) cloning. If consciousness can be moved around digitally, and there are machines that can reassemble bodies in seconds, then you could step into a machine in Sydney, and "step out" of a machine in Delaware. And if the original isn't destroyed in some manner, then of course you have two of the exact same person (experiences, abilities, etctera) walking around in the world.

Immortality. If you have machines that can create exact replica human bodies from scratch, and you can upload/download/store consciousness, then you could take the consciousness of a dying man, and put it into a healthy body. Ad nauseam.

That's what I came up with in one minute, and it barely scratches the surface.
Last edited by Camicon on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

The Great Korean Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Korean Empire » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:50 am

Name: Lee Hyunsik
Nationality: Korean-American
Height: 6ft,2
Weight: 130 Pounds
Hair: Black
Eyes: Blue
Costume (if any): None
Abilities: Bionic/Mecha Physiology, Technology Manipulation, Pain Suppression
Dorm: Vigilante
Brief Bio: His parents moved with him at the age of 16 looking for a better life. However his parents were killed by vampires during the war. Lee has a protective and supportive as well as a stoic personality. He can be very violent and tends to get into fights, but is actually kindhearted. He supports his friends and tries to encourage and help them. Lee is a highly intelligent individual who is also calm. His charisma and beliefs in justice gain him the trust and respect of many people. He never cared about schoolwork, seeing the entire thing as trivial, even though his intellect would make it easy for him. He enjoys seeking out challenges, often playing chess. In a fight, Lee is very cold and tactical, he is willing to sacrifice anyone, civilians and military alike, if that is what it takes to achieve the objective. Despite his coldness and ruthlessness in battle, he can be a rather compassionate person to his friends and loved ones.
Last edited by The Great Korean Empire on Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." -Ernest Hemingway

"To have found God and still to pursue him is the soul's paradox of love, scorned indeed by the too-easily-satisfied religionist, but justified in happy experience by the children of the burning heart." -A.W. Tozer.

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:31 am

Setinel wrote:
Name: Atlas
Nationality: America
Height: 5 ft. 8 in.
Weight: 112 lbs.
Hair: White and long. Pretty crazy.
Eyes: Green
Abilities: Can change into an electric form that can channel through wires around the world. Genius computer programmer and hacker. Can hurl bolts of electricity and hold arcs of energy that zap anyone near though it is draining and close range.
Dorm: Villains (though he's not happy)
Brief Bio: Born as an experimental computer conscious, he was supposed to stay in his computer but rather than he hacked the materializatiin tubes and desighned himself a body in seconds. He escaped by igniting gasoline in vehicle tanks and shut down the facility with a virus they have only managed to quarantine.

The "materialization tube" technology does not exist in the RP world, nor anything else that would achieve the same effect.

The Great Korean Empire wrote:
Name: Lee Hyunsik
Nationality: Korean-American
Height: 6ft,2
Weight: 130 Pounds
Hair: Black
Eyes: Blue
Abilities: Bionic/Mecha Physiology, Technology Manipulation, Pain Suppression
Dorm: Vigilante
Brief Bio: His parents moved with him at the age of 16 looking for a better life. However his parents were killed by vampires during the war. Lee has a protective and supportive as well as a stoic personality. He can be very violent and tends to get into fights, but is actually kindhearted. He supports his friends and tries to encourage and help them. Lee is a highly intelligent individual who is also calm. His charisma and beliefs in justice gain him the trust and respect of many people. He never cared about schoolwork, seeing the entire thing as trivial, even though his intellect would make it easy for him. He enjoys seeking out challenges, often playing chess. In a fight, Lee is very cold and tactical, he is willing to sacrifice anyone, civilians and military alike, if that is what it takes to achieve the objective. Despite his coldness and ruthlessness in battle, he can be a rather compassionate person to his friends and loved ones.

Unless I misunderstand his abilities, "Bionic/Mecha physiology" basically means that he is a cyborg? If so, perhaps you should mention how he became like that in the bio. Other than that the character seems fine.

The Great Korean Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Korean Empire » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:40 am

The user can mutate himself or parts of his body into that of a machines. So he can turn himself into a cyborg and change back.
Last edited by The Great Korean Empire on Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." -Ernest Hemingway

"To have found God and still to pursue him is the soul's paradox of love, scorned indeed by the too-easily-satisfied religionist, but justified in happy experience by the children of the burning heart." -A.W. Tozer.

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:57 am

The Great Korean Empire wrote:The user can mutate himself or parts of his body into that of a machines. So he can turn himself into a cyborg and change back.

Alright then. Keep it at a reasonable level and it will be fine. The character is accepted.

Raktio
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Raktio » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:06 am

the traveling via lines actually makes sense, in fact he could travel through anything conductive enough. however another question what about magnet stuff, can he transfer into magnetic power if he were to travel through a looped wire?
Last edited by Raktio on Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Broadside dead ahead!

No, this comment is not meant to be sarcastic.

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:26 am

Raktio wrote:the traveling via lines actually makes sense, in fact he could travel through anything conductive enough. however another question what about magnet stuff, can he transfer into magnetic power if he were to travel through a looped wire?

This is a moot point now, as the revised character doesn't have electricity manipulation, but yes. Electricity and magnetism are two parts of electromagnetism. Electrical energy can generate magnetic fields, and vice versa. He just wouldn't have any control over said magnetic field, beyond that of being able to create it (and I suppose he could vary the intensity to some degree, again, by manipulating the electrical current).
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun

Pragia
Powerbroker

Founded: May 08, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pragia » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:31 pm

Wait, ori, you still interacting? Im going to try and be more active

Orinon
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 08, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Orinon » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:20 pm

Pragia wrote:Wait, ori, you still interacting? Im going to try and be more active

Yes I am >.> Goltia effectively ambushed Thomas on his way into the gym.
Last edited by Orinon on Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I did some threads a long ass time ago that some people care about Iunno ya'll crazy.

Answers to Orinon or Watery. Part time author, part time gas station attendant, full time cynical bastard.

Setinel
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Setinel » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:29 pm

Camicon wrote:
Setinel wrote:

You don't seem to understand how incomprehensibly complex a machine would have to be, to create a human body completely from scratch, by individually placing atoms. It's about as close to impossible as anything will ever be. Which doesn't resolve the issue of an AI somehow having the ability to transfer itself, while retaining itself, into a different "brain" (which current thought on the matter would say is wholly impossible). Nor does it address the completely illogical assumption that a facility working on creating sentient AI would also have this "materializer" machine.

For his origins to stay as is, there are a plethora of things MA would have to allow for. Let me list a few.

Consciousness transfers. If an AI consciousness can download into a human brain, then human consciousness can of course be uploaded into computers, and downloaded into other bodies. All operating under the assumption that the consciousness is not altered by these transfers.

Teleportation and (some fucking weird) cloning. If consciousness can be moved around digitally, and there are machines that can reassemble bodies in seconds, then you could step into a machine in Sydney, and "step out" of a machine in Delaware. And if the original isn't destroyed in some manner, then of course you have two of the exact same person (experiences, abilities, etctera) walking around in the world.

Immortality. If you have machines that can create exact replica human bodies from scratch, and you can upload/download/store consciousness, then you could take the consciousness of a dying man, and put it into a healthy body. Ad nauseam.

1. He is NOT IMMORTAL. The materializer was in a scientific testing facility like him. Being an unfinished model it can only create body's and download the conscious. It cannot destruct a body and download a conscious. I'm not as smart as I like to think so I won't pretend I know what I'm talking about with the coin scions. It is also NOT a teleported.
Last edited by Setinel on Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
98% of all NS users would cry if they had to read a lot to understand an RP, regardless of how good it was. If you're one of the 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.

Pragia
Powerbroker

Postby Pragia » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:40 pm

Orinon wrote:
Pragia wrote:Wait, ori, you still interacting? Im going to try and be more active

Yes I am >.> Goltia effectively ambushed Thomas on his way into the gym.

Edited, fixed.

Also at above, look at Capsuleers, in effect, something like that is immortality

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:15 pm

Setinel wrote:
Camicon wrote:You don't seem to understand how incomprehensibly complex a machine would have to be, to create a human body completely from scratch, by individually placing atoms. It's about as close to impossible as anything will ever be. Which doesn't resolve the issue of an AI somehow having the ability to transfer itself, while retaining itself, into a different "brain" (which current thought on the matter would say is wholly impossible). Nor does it address the completely illogical assumption that a facility working on creating sentient AI would also have this "materializer" machine.

1. He is NOT IMMORTAL. The materializer was in a scientific testing facility like him. Being an unfinished model it can only create body's and download the conscious. It cannot destruct a body and download a conscious. I'm not as smart as I like to think so I won't pretend I know what I'm talking about with the coin scions. It is also NOT a teleported.

I never said he was, and if you'd actually read my post, then you would understand that. What I did say is, if his origin story was to be accepted as it was originally written, then the technology you implicitly included would enable regular people to: teleport, make exact copies of themselves, transfer their consciousness into other entities, and have that consciousness exist for a theoretical eternity.

But, as I said in a different post, that is all a moot point now, as that character was scrapped.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun

Setinel
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Setinel » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:21 pm

Camicon wrote:
Setinel wrote:

I never said he was, and if you'd actually read my post, then you would understand that. What I did say is, if his origin story was to be accepted as it was originally written, then the technology you implicitly included would enable regular people to: teleport, make exact copies of themselves, transfer their consciousness into other entities, and have that consciousness exist for a theoretical eternity.

But, as I said in a different post, that is all a moot point now, as that character was scrapped.

So was the character accepted or not?

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:30 pm

Setinel wrote:
Camicon wrote:I never said he was, and if you'd actually read my post, then you would understand that. What I did say is, if his origin story was to be accepted as it was originally written, then the technology you implicitly included would enable regular people to: teleport, make exact copies of themselves, transfer their consciousness into other entities, and have that consciousness exist for a theoretical eternity.

So was the character accepted or not?

That's a question you should be asking MA. But given that he said, "The "materialization tube" technology does not exist in the RP world, nor anything else that would achieve the same effect.", I'm going to hedge my bets and say no.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun

Pragia
Powerbroker

Postby Pragia » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:48 pm

Shame, Thomas would drool over that forever :P

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:19 am

Setinel wrote:So was the character accepted or not?

It wasn't.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:49 pm

Any time I see Thomas thinking about his armor and whatnot, I just get "I AM IRON MAN!" in my head.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Pragia
Powerbroker

Postby Pragia » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:07 pm

Corrian wrote:Any time I see Thomas thinking about his armor and whatnot, I just get "I AM IRON MAN!" in my head.

That was original thought when I made it out like that, now I want to try and cut that down a bit. But tbh, if I were in that position, with something like that on the table, I'd go at it with pretty religious fervor.

Retro Frost
Envoy

Founded: Feb 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Retro Frost » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:22 pm

This is my last day of being able to reliably post since tommorow I will be on an airplane to Minnesota. I'll try to finish up Wilson's interactions with Sakura before the symptons of his sickness begin to kick in which case he will be on. Some sort of resting state in the infirmary. AP could Salura help he to the infirmary or would that interfer with plans of yours in which case I'll have him stumble there on his own. Either is fine. Sorry for the misspelling I'm on phone currently which makes it hard to type out posts.
If it doesn't work add more struts, If that doesn't work add even more struts.

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:55 pm

Sakura can just teleport him to the infirmary.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:03 pm

I think Jay had a dramatic mood change.
Times are looking grim these days~

Pragia
Powerbroker

Postby Pragia » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:12 pm

Terintania wrote:I think Jay had a dramatic mood change.

Yay, twists!
*Reads post*
Aww.. Sad... Couldnt you just join group thing?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse