NATION

PASSWORD

UIF Foreign Office & Embassy Program [FT]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Danarian
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Danarian » Tue May 14, 2013 12:32 am

Kal Wal'kar hummed at the Defa's remark about his language's sound through his counterpart's translators, as he removed a few small devices from his own robes. All innocuous, most readily identifiable. A pair of collapsible holographic displays, a recording device of his own, and a simple (albeit paper thin) data pad that he had unrolled, before it had apparently become rigid. Information in Danarii Langa suddenly leapt into the air before him, a few inches off the table - on one screen was displaying a transcript of what had been said and the other displayed only a prompt for further instructions...
"Internal translation devices? I shall have to inquire about that at a later date..." He mentioned passingly, before making his primary statement, "I find that somewhat humorous," He admitted, "I wonder if that is your translators picking up on the age of our language? Also a point for another time, may we have many such opportunities..."

The Danarian Ambassador listened intently to the Senator's words, curious about this calendar that the creature was using and the significance of the date? On the Modern Danarian Calendar it was either 11,102,728 ME (Modern Era), or 537 TFP (Third Federation Period); depending on whether you were dealing with historical affairs, or day-to-day affairs respectively. As for this 'November the 21st' he was even more unaware, likely a cycle subdivision, he assumed... Nevertheless, he nodded politely to the two very different aliens adjacent to himself, as they introduced themselves. Truth be told, he felt somewhat unsure of himself before the two aliens. Most of the time Danarian Ambassadors spend entire cycles learning, studying their host species and culture, language, economics, science, you name it. What Kal Wal'kar had was a measly dossier and only a few days to study, while en route. As one can imagine such a small amount of information was...Wait!

The Ambassador nearly leapt from his seat, only catching himself at the last moment. Had he just...? Did that alien just call me by one name? A quick glance to the text on the exposed hologram had confirmed it. his brain, suddenly addled, quickly ran over the multitude of potential reasons and though he thought of some truly outlandish ones, one obvious answer sprang to mind. At least he hopped that were the obvious, correct answer...

"I'm flattered, really Bial Ram, but I am not a xenophile." He chuckled, hoping that wasn't really an alien pick-up line in the middle of a diplomatic meeting, "You see," He tried his best to withhold a blush, "To address a Danarian by one name is a sign of intimacy." He promptly cleared his throat, ready to move on with equal haste!

"Gar'eh s'wo Kal Wal'kar A Umn Vas Sel'aria Di-Languara Cretos Au Danarian Utin." He declared himself, before turning toward the right, mostly blank hologram and enacting a run-time search for a proper translation. It promptly offered the two a decent (if somewhat flat sounding to the Danarian ear) translation of his prior speech;

Thy name and honor of "The advocate of Those in Need" from the clan of the Descendants of the Unseen Moon, (born) upon Sel'aria, Ambassador second-class of the Danarian Federation.

A mouthful to be sure. However, now that formal introductions were over, he felt comfortable to switch back to using their translated language.
"However, if it pleases you, my given-name is Kal Wal'kar, or the title of Ambassador is also perfectly acceptable." He bowed his head deeply, hoping that the Defa would take that as the sign not to bring the matter up again at this point in time... "All matters discussed here today are provisional, yes? That is acceptable to our wants and needs at this time." - He nodded energetically - "Very well then. We would then demand that the Deimoss System remain a 'free-port' state...Provisionally. The sovereignty of the native population is at this time under question by our government. We have been watching the situation from afar and are concerned with the military presence your Federation has within system. The Council of Imperators has no wish to impede the progress of a free and equitable, sociopolitical union of the two states. However, that said, any act made under duress, or threat of repudiation is null and void under our law." He inhaled deeply, "What the Council of Imperators propose is this... A task-force of equal force, half from the Ularni Federation, the other half from the Trade Confederation - The Danarian Federation and our allies. Our two sides will see to it that the planet is purged of this threat, and its air, water and ground purified. Then, once the planet's inhabitants are free from the need of either state, they may choose to do as they see fit. They may join your Federation without protest from our people, or they may remain a 'free-port' state, either as a part of the Trade Confederation, or separate from it."

Finally finished is proposal, he sighed, eagerly awaiting their response...
Danarian Federation of Clans Embassies | Danarian Federation Factbook
The proper demonym for the Danarian People is: Danarii. 'Danarian' is the adjective form of the word Danarii and used when addressing individuals and smaller-groups (less) formally.

"Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is your[...]companion being a f*cktard." ~ Marshall Bailey, Quantum Castaways - Ch IX.

Ularn
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Tue May 14, 2013 3:50 pm

Bial suppressed a grimace as he realised his error, though his skin flushed a deeper blue in embarrassment. "<My apologies, ambassador. We're used to using titles and surnames as formal terms of address, rather than as intimate ones. I'll certainly refrain from calling you 'Kal' later on as well.>" he said, hoping the ambassador would accept the last remark as the joke it was intended rather than an attempt to cause further offence.
"<As for your concerns,>" he continued, "<It is absolutely the belief of the Ularn Interstellar Federation that the people of Planet Seventeen retain their right to self-determination. In the forthcoming referendum, the sevs will have the option to vote for complete independence as well as the opportunity to join us or the Comgratian Federation. I can arrange to have details regarding the referendum made available to you* but in the mean time you have my assurances that the Naval presence in Deimoss is there purely for the sevs protection. I realise while saying this that history is littered with examples of atrocities committed against a population "for their protection" and unfortunately can offer no more reassurances to you other than our conduct on Deimoss thus far, which I hope you will agree has been fully in the interests of the native inhabitants of Planet Seventeen.>"
At this point Viss Ramba spoke up in agreement. "<I was born in a fallout shelter. I grew up there. I spent my entire life fighting starvation while we euthanised our elderly as they succumbed to mutation, breaking their bodies down for nutrients to feed the next generation. I lived knowing that the best I could hope for in life was to hold out a little longer before it became my turn. We lacked the weapons or numbers to quell the mutants beyond our shelter, or the technology to cleanse our poisoned planet. Thanks to the Ularni and the Comgratians, I can have hope that one day my grandchildren might walk safely on the soil of their green homeworld, with their faces uncovered.>" His voice was hoarse, but no-one could mistake the passion in his tone.
Bial added, "<Our marines aren't on Planet Seventeen to coerce the population one way or another. Like Viss has said, the sevs don't have the resources to survive without external aid. Although I don't want to dwell on the suggestion, if we wanted to take the system by force I'm sure we could do so easily. The Comgratians maintain only a token presence on the planet now, protecting the sevs in and around their own, small bases. The majority of the military effort against the mutants and the recovery of newly discovered shelters is being borne by us and we could easily sweep aside any opposition from sev or Comratian forces if we wished. We do not.>"
"<Until we can defend ourselves, we need other people's soldiers,>" said Viss, "<The Ularni effort has been noticed by my people. They cleared the mutants from our doorsteps. They built the atmospheric scrubbers to cleanse the air. Every shelter they unearth means more sevs who see them as liberators.>
"<The Comgratians are not so well regarded. The populations they protect and who might vote for them are smaller. Also, it is known that during the landing, their bombardment of our world was the heaviest, and unwittingly destroyed several shelters. I do not blame them for this; at the time they had no reason to believe that there were people on the planet below. However, not all of my people see this the same way. What you might observe as a silent threat, Ambassador, we see as a strong but benevolent friend we might one day hope to repay.>"
"<It is true that the opinions of each sev might be biased by which federation rescued them,>" Bial added, elaborating on a point Viss had touched on but which the senator personally had hoped to avoid. It was to be expected when working with someone who lacked any real diplomatic experience or training though, and he tried not to hold it against the man. "<Perhaps our efforts to make contact with new shelters does further our own goal of adding Deimoss to the Federation. However, I don't see any way to avoid that. If we scaled back our efforts on that count, people would die for lack of our intervention. So yes, helping the sevs does further our own objectives but I'm certain that if you were to talk to any of the marines down there they would tell you that they're in the business of saving lives, not earning votes.>
"<Now, I hope that allays any fears you might have regarding our navy's intentions.>" Bial concluded with a smile, "<Moving on to the issue of designating Deimoss as a free port, at least until the referendum result is published and put into effect. Obviously Deimoss' position, both near the middle of the galactic spiral and close to the boundary between the Gamma and Delta Quadrants means it could be a valuable trade system with the right infrastructure. On the other hand, that infrastructure doesn't exist yet and until it does the issue of interstellar trade is really much of a non-issue. Only a handful of non-military ships have passed nearby since the Pacification began, and I think at least some of them were yours.>" Bial's smile turned into a grin for one moment, "<Nonetheless, I'm sure that the senate would agree to designating the system a free port in the mean time. Legally, we can regard it as nothing else unless Deimoss joins the Federation.>"
At this point his smile disappeared, "<However, the rest of your proposal includes delaying the referendum until Planet Seventeen has been fully cleaned up. This, I can tell you now, the senate will not agree to. It has taken months of negotiations between all sides to arrange for this vote, and it is scheduled to take place early in the new terran year. Conversely, fixing the planet is going to involve a near-full-scale terraforming effort which will take years, if not decades, particularly given the importance of scrubbing all trace of radiation from the atmosphere. We cannot delay the vote that long, partly for the bureaucratic reasons I just outlined, and partly for the practical concerns. Having the system sit there for the next dozen years at least with its status undetermined will impede the development of the system, leaving the sevs worse off than they could be regardless of their decision. I'm afraid it's not a move we can realistically contemplate.>"
At this point Viss interjected, "<Ambassador, I have lived too long amid the radiation. Even with Ularni medical technology, I will not live to see my world completely healed. Nor will many of my people. I want to die knowing what hands my planet is left in; knowing what its future holds. We will not tolerate leaving our children's future in limbo. The referendum must take place as soon as possible.>"
"<I'm sure the senate and the navy would welcome Danarian aid with the Pacification and reconstruction,>" Bial continued, "<I imagine we could even make provision for you to have representatives observing the vote to ensure everything is carried out with due impartiality. But I'm afraid the vote itself must go ahead as planned.>"

* The referendum is being organised jointly between the Comgratian and Ularni federations and leaders from the sev shelters. It will be voted on by any person who was born in the Deimoss system (so foreigners like soldiers from either faction cannot vote) and contain two questions. The first is "Should the Deimoss System remain an independent star system?" with the options of "Yes" or "No". The second question will be, "Regardless of your answer to the first question, if the Deimoss System should not remain an independent star system, for which of the following star nations is membership preferable?" with the options of "Comgratian Federation" or "Ularn Interstellar Federation". If more than 50% of the sevs answer the first question in the negative, then answers to the second will determine its allegiance. Answers for the second question will be counted regardless of how the first is answered, so a sev who voted for independence would still have their preference registered if the majority of their peers voted for membership of a star nation.
Last edited by Ularn on Tue May 14, 2013 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ULARN INTERSTELLAR FEDERATION
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Broken World: Beastmasters | Of Zombies and Men
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

Danarian
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Danarian » Tue May 14, 2013 5:54 pm

"It is exactly the attitude of Ambassador Viss Ramba that concerns myself, as well as our Imperators." Kal Wal'kar motioned toward the Sev with his right hand, though it was clear that he was speaking to the Ularni, "Though I am sure that is not your intention, merely by placing boots on the ground and defending their people, you are imprinting upon them that you are their saviors and that they should regard you as such. This fact ultimately undermines any sense of a true and fair election." He then leaned forward intently, his brow hardening, "I would also like to state for the record; that if any faction were to make a militant move within the Deimoss system, the High Command of the Danarian Space Forces would not tolerate such an act. The conquest or occupation of a star system so close to our space is unacceptable. Much less one that is the home system of another species." He sighed, hoping that hadn't come off as too aggressive? "That said, our people are just beginning the third Span of peace under the Third Federation. It was a hard fought peace, one that cost our people dearly. You must understand that for many, many ages we have been in isolation out of necessity and thusly, we know little of your two...pardon, three, civilizations, or the greater galaxy at large. We are not about to entrust the future of our entire race, to a heavily armed force upon our borders. Surely you can see that would be folly?"

Kal Wal'kar then turned his full attention toward the Sev.
"Now, please, do not think me and by extension, my people, to be cruel. However, your people are pre-awoken, and this situation is a complicated matter of interstellar politics that undoubtedly are well above you at this time. Normally, our people would not intervene, however, the Ularni have and it is our fear, what will become of the three of us?" He glanced over at Bial Ram, "The Sev civilization is one that is not yet spacefaring and now you are asking them to determine their allegiance, before they could even understand the implications of such a move. I hope you understand that the decisions that we make here today and the ones that are made in the coming years will ultimately determine the relations our civilizations have for the coming Spans, Long-Spans, or even the next Age."

"So far as their induction in your Federation, at this time what have you to gain? From where I sit, it makes the most sense to delay their vote and accept our offer of assistance. You, yourself pointed out that you are still finding pockets of population in bunkers on planet. I hope that you would not consider voting on the future of the Deimoss System without the consent of the entire population, else you would be effectively disenfranchising unknown sums of Sev Citizens..." The Ambassador then raised en eyebrow, "Your people would still support the Sev if they were to opt not to join your Federation, correct?"
The proper demonym for the Danarian People is: Danarii. 'Danarian' is the adjective form of the word Danarii and used when addressing individuals and smaller-groups (less) formally.

"Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is your[...]companion being a f*cktard." ~ Marshall Bailey, Quantum Castaways - Ch IX.

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Wed May 15, 2013 4:11 am

It was clear to Bial that Viss was fuming. His eyes had narrowed; his jaw was clenched, and his breath was leaving his nose in quiet growls. While Bial was still trying to phrase his counterarguments, Viss had already begun addressing Kal Wal'kar "<Who are you to try to dictate terms to us and the Federation? What have you done for us means we should listen to you? You could have saved my race in the time of my great grandfathers, before the bombs fell. You could have saved us countless times since, while generations starved in shelters and slowly succumbed to the toxic air. You could have saved us during the Pacification, but instead you let Ularnis and Comgratians die in your place. Through his people's sacrifice, Bial Ram has earned the right to speak in my ear. Now you sweep in and try to say what is best for us with that same authority? What have the Danarii ever done for us?>"
Bial decided not to give his own response just yet, and to let the Ambassador answer that first. By what right did the Danarian Federation seek to dictate the terms by which two unrelated star nations might establish their relationship? He suppressed a grin. Viss might lack the polished finesse of a real diplomat, but his ability to be so forthright when Bial had to obey protocol and remain polite was certainly an advantage.
Last edited by Ularn on Wed May 15, 2013 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

Danarian
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Danarian » Wed May 15, 2013 2:09 pm

Kal Wal'kar's lip twitched, oh how he wanted to stand, meet the challenge of this Tai'yai'a head on in the manner of his kin. However, he could not. He was on a diplomatic mission and had to conduct himself as such. The ignorance of this being was not his concern. Instead, of standing and challenging him, he did something worse. With both hands, he slowly, carefully pushed his devices aside, leaned his elbows on the edge of the table, weaved his fingers together and smiled (sans teeth). For some reason, unlike the smile of a human, this grin was cold and humorless.

"You ask me what authority I come here with? You challenge my honor, the honor of mine clan and my forebears?" His silky smooth voice paused for effect, "This shows your ignorance." He grimaced, "In the time of my forebears, and in the last Age of the Second Federation, our people fought and died protecting the sector from the Jakial threat. The same threat that cost us our homeworld for millions of cycles!" With a flurry of motion, he summoned an image of a small starbase, with nasty looking talons and bulky armored panels, "Do you see that? This starbase was a forward operations base their empire was building in the final years of the war." - he pointed it at the bright star in the background - "That star, right there? That's Deimoss, less than a dozen light-years away." He leaned back in his seat and took a deep breath.

"Granted, our people didn't stop the bombs that fell on your planet, nor would they have. The choice to irradiate your planet was theirs to make, and that was their right. What we did do, was crush a star-empire that would've dissolved your civilization and bound your people as slaves. What we now offer is our aid in healing your world of what ails it. All we ask in exchange is the consideration of your people that your system is immediately adjacent to ours. I highly doubt that your people would like a fleet of Danarian Warships parked in an adjacent system, nor would we want a fleet of unknown intent parked in the Deimoss system..."

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Thu May 30, 2013 7:04 am

"<Even slavery would still have saved our race,>" Viss growled.
Further exchange was cut off as Bial waved a chastising tentacle at the table. "<This is getting us nowhere,>" he said, deciding Viss had made his point now, as well as given the senator time to get his own thoughts in order. "<Ambassador, I told you I had no wish to dwell on the question of Ularn taking Deimoss by force, since there is no question. My point, which it appears you missed, was that the very fact that we have not attempted to exercise a military option in that regard ought to indicate our good faith and pure intentions where our naval presence is concerned.>
"<Now,>" he continued, moving back to addressing Wal'kar's fears about Ularni influence in the referendum, "<We cannot expect the sevs to make the referendum decision in a vacuum. It would be disingenuous - not to mention impossible - for us to attempt to conceal the benefits that Federation membership would bring to Deimoss. Nor do we believe it is possible or desirable to postpone the referendum for the length of time you believe would be necessary for them to get over the culture shock without causing greater harm from the years of uncertainty. Besides, as a member system of the Federation, Deimoss would maintain an eternal right to secede should they wish to later.
"<Moving on, If the sevs voted for independence we would still wish to maintain a relationship with Deimoss. It would be more difficult to justify continuing to grant the current levels of aid once the system had declared a desire for autonomy but we would endeavour to work with whatever government the they chose to introduce. However, what form our relationship would take is a matter to be decided between us, and frankly not a matter for Danarian concern.>" Bial's office had spent some amount of time on what the UIF would do if the sevs did vote for independence. At the moment, the most promising option was to arrange some sort of trade partnership with the sevs by offering to build the infrastructure for the burgeoning trade hub it could become in exchange for a significant cut of the credits raised through tarrifs. No doubt the Danariis would cry "exploitation" even louder than they were already if they ever learned about those plans. Thankfully at the moment that was considered unlikely, given most opinion polls so far showed strong support for UIF membership among sevs. On the other hand, those polls were going to be subject to significant sample bias, given most of the sevs who participated would have been from near Ularni bases. Quite possibly the sevs at the Comgratian bases were telling exactly the opposite story.
"<And for what it's worth, Ambassador, the Federation's not without experience in this area.>" Bial added, "<Can I assume you're familiar with what happened in the Erasmus colony?>"

OOC: Erasmus started as a bit of a cock-up, admittedly. The colony was probably about a century or two ahead of the technology we have today, with extensive off-planet infrastructure but no FTL travel or interstellar spaceflight capability, still putting it a few centuries behind the UIF. The first colonists had arrived on slower-than-light generation ships. Merchant shipping from the UIF had been passing through the system for a few decades until the Erasmen made an unexpected breakthrough in astronomy and started being able to spot the ships skirting the edge of their system. Once the cat was out of the bag, the UIF didn't have much choice but to make contact and uplift Erasmus to their own tech level.

Of course, within two years the colony was mostly wiped out by a meteor, but the uplift had been going pretty smoothly up until then, barring some racist tendencies towards humans, which were expected to decline as the new generation of Ularni-born humans arrived and grew up with the benefits of Ularni education. It's not a perfect comparison since Erasmus was still a lot more advanced than Deimoss, which still had 1960s tech at around the time that they nuked themselves, but it might demonstrate to Wal'kar that, if anyone's going to do any uplifting, there are worse people to do it than the UIF.
Last edited by Ularn on Fri May 31, 2013 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Many Worlds; One Ring!
P2tM

Danarian
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Danarian » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:03 pm

Kal Wal'kar merely leaned back in his chair, lowered his head with a sigh and shook his head. These Sev's have no idea what the Jakial would've done to their race. Then again, he shouldn't expect an unawoken to have any concept of the threats of space...

Then, the Senator's words caused him to take notice and look up at least.
However, near the end of his speech, the Ambassador's eyes narrowed and his lips were drawn into a thin, flat line. It was not the matter of the Erasmus Colony, no. Frankly he could've cared less about the uplifting procedure at that moment, which at other times would've made him cringe. No. His thoughts were on the Senator's poor choice in words.

"Your relationship is none of our concern?" He said, his voice suddenly and dramatically changed to being as smooth as silk, as his right brow rose slowly, "I would say not...but what should be of concern is your relationship with the Danarian Federation." - there was no attempt made on his part to disguise the venom in his voice. He had been spited and did not appreciate it. - "There is a phrase in Danarian, 'Conquerors oft come with hands held wide...' Senator. Today you claim to be our friends, but what is to say that next cycle you will not come claim more territory? This time, perhaps it will be our space?" He cocked his head slightly to one side, "You gained this space in a military maneuver and now you occupy it. You cannot deny that fact. Just because your ships would not last in a firefight with ours, does not mean that the occupation of space so near our own is not cause for concern. This frankly, is the crux of the issue. You have occupied space near ours and we have no guarantee that you will not try to occupy ours!"

The Danarian Ambassador had finally out and said it. Their agitation had little to do with the Sev - it was true that they would handle the situation differently if it were them - but as was proved by the way that the Danarian man now all but ignored the Sev and stared intently at the Senator, it was all about the two Federations in the room. What of the Sev? They were merely the spark that might ignite a war of paranoia...

Blewog
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Blewog » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:13 pm

UIF EMBASSY APPLICATION FORM

NATIONAL INFORMATION
    Full Nation Name: The Kingdom of Blewog
    Government Type: Absolute Hereditary Monarchy
    Head(s) of State*: His Gracious Majesty King Æthelred I
    Head(s) of Government*: Same as Head of State
    Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs*:
The Right Honourable Lord Weslan Ælfcuna

AMBASSADORIAL INFORMATION
    Ambassador's Name: The Right Honourable Sir Ælgethrif Æthlijn
    Previous Political/Diplomatic Experience: Lord of Røt, Co-Advisor to the Court of His Majesty on Foreign Affairs
    Ambassador's Family: Lady Ecywgym Æthlijn (Wife), Lord Ædgar Æthlijn (Brother), His Majesty King Æthelred I (Cousin)
    Any Health/Dietary Concerns:
N/A

STAFF INFORMATION
Please indicate the number of staff you intend to employ in which roles:
    Diplomatic Staff: 10
    Security Staff: 10
    Service Staff: 7
    Hiring Locally (Y/N):
Yes for service

CONTROLLED PROPERTY
Please indicate the quantity and type of the following possessions you intend to take into the UIF:
    Weapons: 10 industrial mace, 10 9mm pistols
    Vehicles: 2 Armored Jeeps, 1 Limousine, 3 Motorcycles
    Spacecraft**: N/A
    Mind-Altering/Performance-Enhancing substances: Qat Leaf, Caffeine
    Animals
N/A

MISCELLANEOUS
    May the UIF establish an Embassy in your nation?: Not yet
    Special Requests/Other Information:
N/a

*or equivalent
** maximum 2
The Proletarian Republic of Blewog

GENERATION 32: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation.
Full Nation Name: The Proletarian Republic of Blewog
Government Type: Transitional Government
Chairman of the Supreme Transitional Council: Ældgar Rennings
Legislative Body: The General Legislature of Blewog
Capital: Ørneth

Pro: Atheism/Secularism, Education, Nihilism, Monarchism
Against: Theocracy, uninformed democracy, Fox News

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:18 am

Wal'kar's response had blindsided Bial and for several seconds the room was silent as he stared at the Ambassador with a cold glare which he hoped concealed his wide-eyed surprise as he tried to formulate a response. "Ambassador Ramba,>" he said, cordially enough, "<Would you please leave us alone for a moment?>"
The sev looked unhappy about the request but acquiesced nonetheless, leaving The two officials alone aside from their bodyguards. When the Secretary next spoke it was in a slow, low tone devoid of his usual mask of politeness. It was very clear that Bial Ram was addressing Kal Wal'kar directly now, without any of the platitudes and double meanings of normal diplomatic discussion.
"<What sort of 'guarantee' is the Danarian Federation demanding?>"

OOC: Blewog, I'll address your application later when I'm not posting from my phone.
Last edited by Ularn on Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Many Worlds; One Ring!
P2tM

Danarian
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Danarian » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:42 am

Kal Wal'kar regarded the Sev briefly as he made his exit, before Bial Ram's words spoke decidedly to him.
"What sort of 'guarantee' is the Danarian Federation demanding?"

The Ambassador inhaled deeply.
"We want a military presence in the system for a time...a small presence, but enough to keep an eye on things." He explained, continuing to clarify before the Senator could respond, "I am well aware of the sovereign rights of nations and we would not suggest such a thing that might shame, or slight yours, without recompense. Thus what we offer in exchange is assistance in the pacification of the hostile population and the recovery of Deimoss Prime. Conservative estimates suggest that with the assistance of Danarian technology and terraforming experience, together we might reduce the toxic effects of the atmosphere in half the time, or perhaps even less?" - The ambassador slid a small holographic pad across the table, which vaguely described (in the Defa's native language) how with their assistance, the costs involved might drop by as much as 70% or 80%, and their time scale for occupying the planet halved. - "This would be a win for both factions. Your Federation saves money and can pull your troops out in half the time, The Danarian Federation gets the peace of mind it needs and the two of our peoples get to go to the masses declaring a successful resolution to this situation. Perhaps, in time, with our forces working together and our peoples beginning to trade with each other, a level of trust and friendship might even be forged?"

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:14 am

Many Worlds; One Ring!

To: The Right Honourable Lord Weslan Ælfcuna, Kingdom of Blewog
    From: Senator Bial Ram, Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs, Ularn Interstellar Federation
    Subject: Belwog Embassy
    Encryption: Medium

Dear Lord Weslan Ælfcuna
    I write to you on behalf of the Ularn Interstellar Federation and its Senate to inform you of the Office of Foreign Affairs' decision to accept the application from the Kingdom of Blewog to lead a diplomatic mission to Unity Station.
    Sir Ælgethrif Æthlijn and his staff will be assigned the chancery complex at 7 First Avenue, Sector 1, Level 5, Unity Station Political District, next door to the embassy from KSS Sigvardia. I hope that these accommodations will be suitable and invite your ambassador to direct any queries or complaints they might have to my office at their earliest convenience.
    I note in your application that Sir Æthlijn does not intend to bring any spacecraft with him for transport to and from Unity Station and to act as a courier for diplomatic packages. While he and the Kingdom of Blewog are perfectly within their rights to do so, I must advise that unless an ambassador's ship is specifically identified as a diplomatic courier it will not be afforded the protections of diplomatic immunity and may be subject to such lawful measures of search or boarding as are permitted by the law of the Ularn Interstellar Federation, and this may have an adverse effect on the security of your embassy and diplomatic communiques. I would therefore strongly advise you to identify whatever method of spaceborne transport Sir Æthlijn intends to use in order that they may be designated as a diplomatic courier and therefore immune to search or boarding.
    In addition, although we vastly appreciate the effort you have clearly gone to in ensuring the information contained within your application is complete and accurate, I should advise that the section headed 'Ambassador's Family' was only intended to include those members of the ambassador's immediate family (e.g. children and spouses) who would be accompanying him or her to Unity Station and living permanently within the chancery complex. Would I be correct in assuming that Lord Ædgar Æthlijn and His Gracious Majesty King Æthelred I will not be accompanying Sir Æthlijn to Unity Station in such a capacity? On behalf of my office, I apologise for any confusion caused by the vague phrasing of this section and thank you for bringing it to our attention. We will shortly have supplementary advisory documentation drafted to ensure future applicants do not encounter similar confusion.
    Thank you for showing an interest in closer ties with the Ularn Interstellar Federation. I hope that this will be the beginning of a long and mutually beneficial partnership between our nations.

Yours sincerely,

Senator Bial Ram
    Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs
    Ularn Interstellar Federation

Bial's tongues curled uncomfortably, although less at what the Danarii was demanding and more at the fact that he was probably about to make himself look quite silly, having just dismissed the man to whom Kal Wal'kar ought to have addressed his request. Clearly the Third Federation had clearly ingrained the notion that the Ularnis already thought they owned Deimoss, despite all evidence to the contrary. Had their Ambassador entertained even the notion that Bial was not the figurehead for an imperialist war machine, he would have tried to put his demand for a military presence in Deimoss to the man who actually represented Deimoss. Wal'kar obviously thought that Viss was no more than an Ularni puppet.
"<Forgive me, Ambassador,>" Bial said slowly, deftly replacing the diplomat's mask now the cards were on the table, "<I had been under the impression you wanted something from the UIF, hence my asking Ambassador Ramba for privacy. As you are no doubt aware,>" given it is what I have spent the last half-hour attempting to drill into you, he did not say aloud, "<Deimoss is not our territory, nor are we acting like it is, yet. I cannot therefore grant or deny your request to send military and scientific assets to help with the pacification. That would be a matter for you to discuss with Ambassador Ramba and such government as the Deimoss system has at present. For what it's worth, I think they'll accept.
"<So, unless there is anything else you want from me which is actually in my power to give, would you like me to invite the good ambassador back in and maybe we can make some actual progress today?>"
Many Worlds; One Ring!
P2tM

Danarian
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Danarian » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:14 pm

Kal Wal'kar sighed in evident frustration as he leaned back in his chair to its backrest. No doubt the move's cultural significance would be lost upon the Defa, but in all likeliness his vexation would be heard loud and clear. To his mind, he now saw why the Ularni had backrests upon their chairs...diplomacy was as a verbal dance to them. Then again, it seemingly wasn't the only difference the two had, such as a few core concepts upon ownership...

"No, Senator Bial Ram, I am asking you. Your ships are the ones holding the space, your ships are the ones that would fend off any unwanted claimants, or undesirable factions. The Sev hold no claim on the space beyond what they can see, and seeing does not imply ownership, infrastructure does. Though you do not have permanent starbases in the system, your fleet accomplishes the same goal in the short-term. Thus, we ask the Ularni if we might enter their space...and in exchange, we will offer our services to both yourselves and the Sev, in pacifying their planet." At this point the Ambassador shrugged slightly, "If at this point you have any impetus to consult with the Sev, then I am in no position to stop you. However, the point still stands, the Danarian Federation is asking you for permission to enter the system."

In one of the guard posts in the atrium, adjacent to the Ularni Marine, stood one of Ambassador Kal Wal'kar's Honor Guards - as were many more in their own posts adjacent to the Ularni Marines. He was clad head to toe in his monoform black armor, with the distinct helmet that at the same time both seemed rounded and angular. However, all fifteen of them seemed exactly the same, save some very small height and weight differences, the kind of thing that in a combat situation would be impossible to single out. Indeed, they looked rather clone-like. The only difference that these men seemed to have with their commanding officer, whom had left with their ambassador, was that they lacked a sabre. In its place, they carried a three-foot long baton. Now, perhaps it was just the Marine's imaginations running a bit wild, or was it that these men never moved? Indeed, it was tough to tell if some of them were even breathing at all, and with their visors being a solid black, there was no way to tell if they were just staring forward, or if they were glancing about! Thus, when he did finally speak, there was no warning whatsoever, not even a change in the orientation of his helmet...

"You, soldier?" The Danarian's statement came out almost like a question, "What species?"

His speech was rougher and choppier than their ambassador's, also shorter and to the point, but still recognizable in the marine's native tongue. Indeed, any who could overhear him, would've heard it in their native tongue - some smoother than others...

((OOC: I just got to thinking, why are we not having our guards speaking to each other? :eyebrow: ))

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:45 pm

OOC: I didn't have them talking because the marines in the atrium are basically the equivalent of the guards at, say, Buckingham Palace. They're there to look stern and decorative while tourists take photos of each other doing bunny ears behind them.

The marine did not reply, and just kept looking straight ahead, although there was a barely visible twitch at the corner of her eye as the Danarian spoke. Several members of a passing tour group turned to look in surprise. A second later the Danarian heard a voice speaking korvan through their helmet's internal comm. It was the Section Chief who had arranged their posting in the atrium upon arrival, obviously addressing them from somewhere else in the building. "<Trooper, with respect, these marines have a procedure to follow on duty, and it doesn't involve conversation. Serviceman Gydi is a reshian. If you want to chat her up you can do it on your own time. As long as you're on watch with us I'd appreciate you not making my people look like amateurs.>"
The comm link severed before the Danarian guard could reply.

Defa had black, pupil-less eyes, which was helpful for Bial, who had just rolled his without giving much external indication. "<I suppose that depends on how you define interstellar borders, Ambassador. By Ularni law, Deimoss belongs to the sevs. If I were to give you any sort of answer, it would mean the Ularn Interstellar Federation exercising control over a sovereign foreign nation; the very crime you have been all but accusing us of in spite of my protests.
"<The only answer I can give you is that my Federation will respect the wishes of the sevs in this matter. If they wish to grant your request then we will honour that wish and permit your ships to enter Deimoss. For what it's worth, I believe accepting Danarian aid would be in their interests and would not oppose such a decision even if I had the authority to. Now that is all I can - or will - say on the matter.
<Now, if you'll excuse me for one moment,>" Bial rose from his chair and went to the door to invite Viss Ramba back into the room. However, when he opened it the Foreign secretary was met by a frekti, rather than the sev. It was D'vash; Bial's secretary who had been there to meet Kal Wal'kar on the Rotunda steps, and he had one clawed hand stretched half-way to the buzzer when the door had opened for him. The senator and his secretary held a hushed conversation in the doorway. D'vash was stern while Bial grew visibly more tense as it progressed, at one point casting a concerned eye back at Kal Wal'kar.
Eventually the door closed again and Bial lowered himself into his chair once more and clasped the tentacles of his forelimbs in front of him on the table. He looked pale as he explained, "<I beg your pardon, Ambassador, but I think it's best we cut this meeting short. You may wish to return to your embassy and contact your government. We just received word that Sultan Osmal the Second died during the Sultanate's anniversary celebrations in Istanz, Tamashk'Va. We don't know details and the information is three days old even with our FTL comms, but it appears that one of my colleagues, Secretary T'kei, is now missing, along with most of her retinue. According to transmissions from her ship before we lost contact, your own representative, a Ch'tet Imar A Crevat Har V'as Harad, is also missing.>"

OOC: Obviously I'm mucking about with the timeline a bit here. This meeting would be a few days after the Sultan's death but because of the delay in transmitting information across interstellar distances (Ularni FTL comms are only marginally faster than their FTL itself) the news is only reaching them now.
Last edited by Ularn on Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Many Worlds; One Ring!
P2tM

Danarian
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Danarian » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:26 pm

The Danarian in question took notice of the surprised Ularni tour group, giving them a subtle nod of recognition. He was however, somewhat surprised to be addressed by a non-Danarian over his own comms, much less to be reproached for trying to be sociable and asking a simple question? A green-light flickered to life on the inside of his helm and the voice of Hamm Kal - one of his squad-mates - filled his ears.

"Eh'e Ta’yai’a" ~ Outlanders be... He reminded him calmly, the only thing distinguishing him from the others was the slightest turn of his helm from across the room.

"Eh Tai'yol hol utin'ah
Hamm Kal igret'ol" ~ Their customs are strange. Did you see their reaction? The guard asked his friend.

"Bai Val Geit oma mara Au ta'yai'a" ~ Yeah, Val Geit, (but) we are (the) guests (in their home). Hamm Kal reminded his friend once more.

The guard snorted indignantly. To him the fact that these aliens did not follow 'proper' culture was just a sign of Danarian superiority. Indeed, the way that child had looked up at him when he spoke had nearly startled him. His prior posting had been on the Grand Forum, so he was used to dealing with alien cultures and their citizens. That was part of his duties as a security-officer therein...to interact with them, assist them when he could, answer their questions and when he could not, he would point them to someone who could. This concept of a guard, or soldier being an unapproachable statue was foreign to him in the extreme...

Kal Wal'kar did his best not to say or do anything that might strain their relations any further in response to Bial Ram's words. In his eyes, he was not accusing him of a crime. Indeed, if he were, he would've been delivering a declaration of war, not demands of oversight. That said, their meeting had gone decently thus far, though it could've gone much better. Then again, with how little he knew of Ularni culture, it could've gone much, much worse. So all things considered, he was at least satisfied with the results of this meeting. He once again noted the odd stride of the Defa as he went back to the room's door. The appearance of his secretary drew both of the Danarian's attentions briefly, before the ambassador busied himself with his holo-computer. A simple keystroke, upon a floating glyph sent an equally simple prompt to the guards below. When they replied with fifteen green lights, he released a held breath he wasn't aware he was holding...

When the senator returned, he looked different...pale. Though he assumed that such a thing was a sign of concern, he was not sure. After all, he was a different species... Given the news that the senator relayed, he had become reasonably sure that his assumption was correct. Outwardly, the Ambassador gave no signs of a reaction to his words, aside from standing, placing his right hand upon his chest and bowing his head promptly.
"If you believe this to be the best course of action, then I will take my leave." Even his voice carried no indication of emotion, nor any indication on his stance of the news.

Kal Wal'kar swiftly packed up the few pieces of tech he had brought with him and met his Guard Commander about halfway to the door. He only hesitated about three steps from the threshold. For a moment, he did not move, then he suddenly spun on his heels. His eyes regarded the Defa with a glimmer that they had not previously possessed, a hard, determined shine.
"We Danarii are a species whose very names speak of honor, so know when I say that so long as Danarian boots are on the surface of the Sultan's world, justice will be done. In living, or dying, our forces will see to it that none will die if they can help it."

With that, he calmly, reassuringly nodded once more and turned to leave.

New Event Horizon
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Event Horizon » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:36 pm

Before we send our application, we wish to know the status of artificial intelligence in your sector of space.
Puppet state of United Timelines Outpost Number 99999999 and opposed to everything it stands for.
FT transhuman think tank hell-bent on achieving Technological Singularity through drugs, sex, and science. And egregious use of TV Tropes.
PRO: Things that are good.
ANTI: Things that are bad.
NEUTRAL: Things that are okay but not quite good.

[TRANSHUMANISM INTENSIFIES]

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:17 am

New Event Horizon wrote:Before we send our application, we wish to know the status of artificial intelligence in your sector of space.

OOC: Seriously? Dude, if you're going to make an IC request on behalf of your nation, please put some effort into it. Take a look at these guidelines here or have a look at the sort of messages I've been sending in this thread. I don't want to waste effort putting together the formatting and language for a proper diplomatic communique if you're not also going to put the same amount of effort in yourself.

To: The Council of Imperators, Third Federation of Danarian Clans
    CC: Yeu'tilli Nagrava A Crevat Hur Vas Harad, Chancellor of Foreign Relations, Third Federation of Danarian Clans
    Senator Bial Ram, Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs, Ularn Interstellar Federation
    Kal Wal'kar A Umn Vas Sel'aria, Ambassador to the Ularn Interstellar Federation, Third Federation of Danarian Clans
    From: Viss Ramba, Ambassador to the Ularn Interstellar Federation, Planet 17 and the Deimoss System
    Subject: Assistance with Deimoss System Pacification and Reconstruction
    Encryption: High

Dear Honourable Imperators,
    I write to you on behalf of the Deimoss System and the people of Planet 17 with regard to your generous offer to assist the Ularn Interstellar Federation's efforts to assist my species and its cradle world in their current plight.
    Since my initial meeting with Ambassador Kal Wal'kar A Umn Vas Sel'aria, I have discussed your proposals at length with the elected representatives of my own people, as well as members of the Ularni government and your own government's diplomatic mission to Unity Station. On behalf of those who I represent I am now able to convey my acceptance of your offer under the terms detailed in the attached document, which constitutes the full terms and formal agreement to this joint undertaking, and which has been subscribed by representatives of both the Deimoss System government and the Ularn Interstellar Federation (henceforth 'the UIF'). Briefly summarised, they are as follows:
    The natives of the Deimoss System welcome the Third Federation of Danarian Clans (henceforth 'the Third Federation') to take whatever action they feel is necessary and/or possible to assist with the terraforming efforts on Planet 17. This includes, but is not limited to, atmospheric scrubbing and the introduction of foreign flora and fauna to replace that which was native to the planet but has now become extinct. To ensure a swift and effective reconstruction effort, parties providing such assistance from the Third Federation are encouraged to work closely and coordinate with existing efforts being undertaken by parties from or associated with the UIF including, but not limited to, Enviroplex Geo Plc.
    Regarding military assistance, the inhabitants of the Deimoss System further welcome the Third Federation to provide assistance with pacifying Planet 17 and eliminating the mutant threat. to ensure a coherent and effective approach to pacification efforts and to limit unnecessary collateral damage, individuals and organisations acting from or associated with the Third Federation in this capacity (including, but not limited to, Danarian Space Forces High Command, Danarian Space Forces, Federal Danarii Militia) are to coordinate with efforts being undertaken by the Ularni Space Navy (henceforth USN), advising the USN of all significant actions being undertaken towards the aforementioned objective, and to seek the permission of the USN before embarking on major military actions within the system. In return, the USN shall mirror these responsibilities toward the Danarian Space Forces.
    Finally, the referendum on the Deimoss System's continued independence or membership of the UIF or Comgratian Federation will take place as previously arranged between those three parties; on 29 January 2349 (Terran Calendar). The Third Federation may, if it wishes, send representatives to ensure that the vote is conducted fairly and free from tampering, but is otherwise not to interfere with the the voting process or electoral campaigning.
    This agreement has the full support of my own government and the Ularn Interstellar Federation. On behalf of the people of Deimoss, I wish to convey my sincerest gratitude for the aid you have offered us in our time of need. Thanks to you, thousands more lives will be saved.

With gratitude,

Viss Ramba
    Ambassador to the Ularn Interstellar Federation,
    Planet 17 and the Deimoss System

OOC: Apparently Viss Ramba doesn't have fancy letterheads for his emails yet. By the way, could you tell from that wall of legalese that I was once a law student?
Last edited by Ularn on Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:58 am, edited 6 times in total.
Many Worlds; One Ring!
P2tM

Ivory Record
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ivory Record » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:26 am

----Authenticating Data Packet: 8569785235. If Checksum is questioned, please contact Ministry of Foreign Relations----
Ministry of Foreign Relations
The Protectorate of the Ivory Record of Akasha

For the Attention of Senator Bial Ram, Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs, Ularn Interstellar Federation;

We greet you. As a part of the Second Erudite Expansion, it is our great pleasure that your federation has been chosen to be what we are hoping will be our premier diplomatic partner. Though we have long isolated ourselves from galactic business, we have seen and heard of your peoples, and wish establish a lasting friendship with the stellar federation.

To that end, I have appended an application in your requested format. I also give my personal recommendation to our designated ambassador and staff. The embassy staff was painstakingly selected over two years from some 553 candidates by my staff, and have been approved (along with the mission) by a vote of the Akashan people.

It is our hope that furthering diplomatic relations leads to improved friendships and broaded knowledge for both our people.

Sincerely,

trupauj'a Nissa Ontario
Minister for Foreign Affairs
Protectorate of the Ivory Record of Akasha

NATIONAL INFORMATION
    Full Nation Name: Protectorate of the Ivory Record of Akasha
    Government Type:Hybrid Democracy
    Head(s) of State*: gugj'a Alois Brunswick
    Head(s) of Government*:gugj'a Alois Brunswick
    Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs*:trupauj'a Nissa Ontario

Ambassador's Name: gugyka'i Antonin Fuijan
    Previous Political/Diplomatic Experience: Former head of the Very Long Range Communications Network, responsible for co-ordinating between the Ministry of Foreign Relations and the Consular Fleet.
    Ambassador's Family: None
    Any Health/Dietary Concerns: Erudite diets are calculated precisely according to cultural and scientific dictates. Such needs will be provided for by the Embassy, but this may limit participation in formal events where food is served.

STAFF INFORMATION
    Diplomatic Staff: 25 (Mostly lawyers, research staff, and communications techs working under the Ambassador)
    Security Staff: 10
    Service Staff: 20
    Hiring Locally (Y/N):For any and all applicable positions.

CONTROLLED PROPERTY
Please indicate the quantity and type of the following possessions you intend to take into the UIF:
    Weapons: PalmStar Reduced Lethality, Directed Energy x10
    Vehicles: 1 Luxury Towncar and 1 Service Van
    Spacecraft**: Gugykai-Class Consular Ship, Bevma'e-Class Cargo Lighter
    Mind-Altering/Performance-Enhancing substances: None
    AnimalsA modest collection of marine life from his home planet.

MISCELLANEOUS
    May the UIF establish an Embassy in your nation?: Yes, Please Contact Us Via Telegram
    Special Requests/Other Information:An oxygen-enriched atmosphere of 2:1 Nitrogen to Oxygen would be preferred

*or equivalent
** maximum 2
The Federation of the Ivory Record of Akasha

Grenartia wrote:
Ivory Record wrote:-snip-
You. I like you.
DesAnges wrote:Confidence is sexy. Introverted arrogance isn't.
Bottle wrote:If this thread establishes anything, it is that making polite requests regarding how others address you will be met with principled tantrum-throwing from the brave heroes who know that manners are for communists and sissies.

Kyrusia wrote: My urethra needs a corrective lens [...] You... never said anything legitimate once in your life.
Factbook (WIP)
News
Expansion and Communication Corps - Embassies
Technical Exchange AuthorityFactbook (WIP)

Creataris
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Creataris » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:44 pm

NATIONAL INFORMATION
    Full Nation Name: The Dominion of Creataris
    Government Type: Hereditary Ruling Council with elected senates
    Head(s) of State*: N/A
    Head(s) of Government*: N/A
John Campbell 1st

Ambassador's Name: John Campbell 4th
    Previous Political/Diplomatic Experience: Represented the Campbell clan on the council 23 times
None

STAFF INFORMATION
    Diplomatic Staff: 12
    Security Staff: 20
    Service Staff: 15
    Hiring Locally (Y/N):
No

CONTROLLED PROPERTY
    Weapons: 20 Plasma Pistols and 20 Beam Katana
    Vehicles: 2 Diplomatic transports
    Spacecraft**: 1 Diplomatic frigate
    Animals
None

MISCELLANEOUS
None

*or equivalent
** maximum 2
Knowledge is power guard it well.
How would you destroy a man? Give him power.
National Anthem

Creataris
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Creataris » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:44 pm

NATIONAL INFORMATION
    Full Nation Name: The Dominion of Creataris
    Government Type: Hereditary Ruling Council with elected senates
    Head(s) of State*: N/A
    Head(s) of Government*: N/A
John Campbell 1st

Ambassador's Name: John Campbell 4th
    Previous Political/Diplomatic Experience: Represented the Campbell clan on the council 23 times
None

STAFF INFORMATION
    Diplomatic Staff: 12
    Security Staff: 20
    Service Staff: 15
    Hiring Locally (Y/N):
No

CONTROLLED PROPERTY
    Weapons: 20 Plasma Pistols and 20 Beam Katana
    Vehicles: 2 Diplomatic transports
    Spacecraft**: 1 Diplomatic frigate
    Animals
None

MISCELLANEOUS
None

*or equivalent
** maximum 2
Knowledge is power guard it well.
How would you destroy a man? Give him power.
National Anthem

Jovian Lunar Empire
Envoy

Founded: Feb 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jovian Lunar Empire » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:26 pm

The Chosen Empire of the Jovian Moons
Ministry for Exploration and Diplomacy

To the Honourable Senator Bial Ram:
It is with surpassing pride and abundant pleasure that I extend to you the olive branch of peace. When ours are days gone by, my kind shall speak highly of Emperor Wei Granin, who had the wisdom and foresight to seek diplomacy with other races, rather than to continue under the pretext of Jovian superiority and might. In the spirit of this bold new adventure, we have attached an application to join with your diplomatic program.

Additional details will of course be furnished at your request. Please advise us if you restrict the use of particular exo-atmospheric drive systems.

Respectfully yours,
Ganymedia Merkel
Emperor's Minister for Foreign Affairs

NATIONAL INFORMATION
    Full Nation Name: The Jovian Empire
    Government Type: Colonial Constitutional Empire
    Head(s) of State*: Emperor Wei Granin
    Head(s) of Government*: Diet Speaker Jason Xiao
    Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs*: Emperor's Minister for Foreign Affairs, Ganymedia Merkel

Ambassador's Name: Ambassador Li Mu
    Previous Political/Diplomatic Experience: Colony Director, Secondary Planet "Hydra"
    Any Health/Dietary Concerns: As with most Jovians, Ambassador Mu is highly adapted to a low-gravity environment. If adjustments cannot be made, he (and his staff) will have to spend significant periods off of the station in order to maintain proper health.

STAFF INFORMATION
    Diplomatic Staff: 40
    Security Staff: 24 (all Jovian)
    Service Staff: 20
    Hiring Locally (Y/N): Yes, save as noted.

CONTROLLED PROPERTY
    Weapons: Each security member will be armed with a collapsible shield and a telescoping baton.
    Vehicles: 5 two-man "contained-scooter" style vehicles, electric wheeled drive.
    Spacecraft**: 1 x Capsular Tug Array (eighteen capsules), 1 x In-System Ambassadorial Shuttle (Non-Transatmospheric)
    Mind-Altering/Performance-Enhancing substances: The ambassador is fond of the use of mild stimulants to promote artificial wakefulness.
    Animals: None

MISCELLANEOUS
    May the UIF establish an Embassy in your nation?: Yes, pending talks.
    Special Requests/Other Information: We wish to discuss a technological exchange upon our arrival at Unity Station.

*or equivalent
** maximum 2
[/box]
Long Live Emperor Wei Granin!
長壽命澤偉格蘭寧。

You can find us in the World Dictionary.
FT Space Colonization Sans Hyperdrive.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information