NATION

PASSWORD

DEFEATED!: Commend A mean old man

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

What is best about a mean old man?

His weed choked lawn.
9%
He is always fighting crime -- especially youth-related.
12%
He is a tired and angry old fart.
9%
His really old cat.
12%
His rabbit.
10%
His colostomy bag.
8%
He shaves in the dark trying to save paper.
8%
He always shouts out something obscene.
10%
He wrote the excellent "First Tort Reform Act", which the idiots in the WA voted down.
12%
He repealed "Liberate The Security Council".
11%

Total votes : 218

Urgench
Minister

Founded: May 21, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Urgench » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:57 am

Monngkha, elderly Khan of Kashgar, proud and haughty Ambassador to the WA for the Confederated Sublime Khanate of Urgench, and his more than usually anxious assistant, Tarmashirin of Herat, made their way in to the chamber of the SC. Mongkha's last visit to this place had ended in a psychedelic experience on board an Aundotutunagirian submarine under the influence of some excellent opium. Seating themselves at a desk the pair discussed matters in the usual whispers of polite Urgenchis.

"What on earth am I doing here Tarmashirin? Who is being commended ? And why am I rushed away from important business to deal with the bizarre unreality of this organisation?" Mongkha said.

"Erm...well... though the Divan has determined that the SC's work must perforce be in matters touching upon the conceits of philosophy, or the entities of Metaphysics, perhaps even in the shadowy world of superstition, and has therefore instructed that our government have no dealings with it, instructions nonetheless arrived last night from the Minister in Tabriz that we attend this debate." Tarmashirin said

"Thank you Tarmashirin, I do not need a precis on the Imperial Government's position on the Security Council. What I need is the rudiments of what new piece of devilment this place is about to do." Mongkha said impatiently.

"Well...erm...er... It seems that the Venerable Khan of Tabagatai wishes your Excellency to address himself to an analysis of the commendation of a Mean old Man, my Lord."

"A Mean Old Man!?"Mongkha hissed sharply

"Indeed, Venerable Khan. It is proposed that this individual be commended for their excellence"

"In what?"

"Erm...er...well your Excellency...erm...er.. for being mean, sire, and for being a fancier of cats, and for surpassing use of medical equipment designed to bypass the functioning of his diseased bowl by means of a bag" Tarmashirin cringed.

"What?!" Mongkha spat, turning to look at his assistant with an expression of utter contempt and fury upon his face, "Have you parted acquaintance with your grasp on reality?! If you are making some kind of practical joke Tarmashirin by thunder! I shall punish you so severely that your name shall live as a cautionary warning to imbeciles and laggards within the Empire forever!"

Tarmashirin squirmed and sweated under the dreadful scrutiny, "Erm...well...that is...erm...er...I beg your Excellency's forgiveness...but...well...erm..."

"Have you degenerated so far as to have lost the gift of coherent speech now?! By the barbarous gods of the ancestors! Your entire purpose in life, it seems, has become my torment and increase of the burden which has been laid upon my shoulders."Mongkha said.

"Er...the Ministry was quite clear Venerable Khan, since this commendation is proposed by the Noble General Arororugul of Aundotutunagir, and since the Divan desires ever better relations with the Curse of the North, it directs that we address ourselves to this commendation" Tarmashirin managed to say.

"Oh yes, Tarmashirin, your goatherding antecedence has asserted itself today" Mongkha said, warming to his topic, "Oh on the name of the Founder! How I wish I had refused to take you from the arms of that foul mouthed slattern of a mother of yours, and never made her promises it would prove impossible to keep regarding your elevation to a better life. How could I have hoped to elevate such utterly deficient materials above the dung from whence it came? My own innate confidence in the nobility of the human conscience has been destroyed by the crushing realisation that it is indeed possible to be born ignorant and feckless and to remain so in spite of exposure to the light of wisdom and refinement. How arrogant I must have been, or perhaps deluded, to imagine that any investment in your betterment would bear fruit some day. The forefathers were correct when they told us that a weakling foal makes a wretched horse, and a wretched horse is good only for the pot!"

Tarmashirin blushed deeply at the mention of his lowly origins, and said "Er... Lord Khan... your patience with my shortcomings has been exemplary, I could not have hoped for more fatherly and more temperate forbearance...but perhaps on this occasion it is the Khan of Tabagatai with whom your Excellency has greater cause for justified loss of composure?"

"Oh Tarmashirin, if by invoking the grotesque spectre of our crapulent Minister for Foreign Affairs, thoroughly execrable and lamentably ill qualified though he may be, you thought to avert proper remonstrance for your willful stupidity and malicious incompetence not to mention your repellent ingratitude and obstinacy in refusing every possibility of showing a propensity for worthwhile purpose in life, then you were mistaken."

"Indeed Lord Khan...erm...er... as ever your wisdom is as just as it is perspicacious...erm...there is another matter.."Tarmashirin stuttered

"Out with it then! Connive to impede the execution of my duties no longer!" Mongkha said.

"well...er...when the Sublime Khanate resigned the WA, the hurry in which our delegation removed itself did not allow for proper evaluation of the full contingent of its staff, and it appears that at least one of them has remained at large, perhaps in these very buildings...er...without the monitoring or cognizance of the Ministry."

"What? You mean some poor wretch was left here like an ailing camel allowed to fall behind while the caravan continues on to the oasis?" Mongkha looked astonished. "Who was this unfortunate?"

Tarmashirin looked more disconsolate than ever, "It was the eminent gentleman from Trans-Baikalia your Excellency...the...er... Shaman." Tarmashirin's eyes darted and his whisper became almost inaudible at the mention of the notorious practitioner of traditional spirit-medicine.

Mongkha's look of horror faded as he said "Oh, well I suppose no one on earth is better prepared to live cast out like a refugee in this place than he. Let us fervently wish he has drunk himself to death somewhere, and that his monstrous odour has died with him"

"Yes Venerable Khan, quite so" Tarmashirin said.
Last edited by Urgench on Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
- Mongkha, Khan of Kashgar, Ambassador in Plenipotentiary to the World Assembly for the Federated Sublime Khanate of Urgench -

Exchange Embassies with the FSKU here - http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=67

The Palentine
Diplomat

Founded: May 18, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Palentine » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:17 am

The good but unwholesome Senator Sulla walks into the Security Council chambers carrying what looks to be a highball glass filled with ice and some sort of amber colored liquid. Noticing the large inflatable images of a mean old man he pauses somewhat shocked at what his eyes are seeing. Taking a sip from his drink he says,
"Someone must have mighty peculiar tastes. And people call ME a deviant?"

He looks over at Hiriaurtung Arororugul and says,
"Whatever you're up to old bean, I'll support it. Far be it for me to morally censure anybody's chosen method of relaxation, or hobbies."

then the good but unwholesome senator walks over and takes a seat beside Nigel and places his drink on the desk. He reaches into his jacket pocket and removes his wallet. Sen Sulla pulls out $20.00 and says,
"I'll give you 2-1 odds that that idiot from Tzorsland will be the next one defenestrated."
Last edited by The Palentine on Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There aren't quite as many irredeemable folks as everyone thinks."
-The Dourian Embassy

"Yeah, but some (like Sen. Sulla) have to count for, like 20 or 30 all by themselves."
-Hack

Hiriaurtung Arororugul
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 03, 2009
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Hiriaurtung Arororugul » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:47 pm

The Palentine wrote:He looks over at Hiriaurtung Arororugul and says,
"Whatever you're up to old bean, I'll support it. Far be it for me to morally censure anybody's chosen method of relaxation, or hobbies."

Thank you Senator! I plan to launch a dirigible later and fly it around inside the building. You won't want to miss that.
Hiriaurtung Arororugul
WA Ambassador
The People of Aundotutunagir

WARNING! This account only posts in-character and will treat all posts directed at it as in-character as well.

Unibot
Senator

Founded: May 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:10 pm

Hiriaurtung Arororugul wrote:
The Palentine wrote:He looks over at Hiriaurtung Arororugul and says,

Thank you Senator! I plan to launch a dirigible later and fly it around inside the building. You won't want to miss that.

Pascal pulled out a dart gun from his drawer, "Hhhm... sounds like fun... "

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:24 pm

What's with the poll at the top of this? is this a lame attempt to mock the KennypollTM?

Hiriaurtung Arororugul
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Hiriaurtung Arororugul » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:32 pm

The Republic of Lanos wrote:What's with the poll at the top of this? is this a lame attempt to mock the KennypollTM?

Yes, it's a lame attempt to mock the Kennypoll™. Here's a lame attempt to mock the Iron Felix Defenestration™.

*Throws the ambassador from The Republic of Lanos out the window*
Hiriaurtung Arororugul
WA Ambassador

WARNING! This account only posts in-character and will treat all posts directed at it as in-character as well.

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:18 pm

Poll: What about that ten-bob note up my nose?
Last edited by A mean old man on Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

Hiriaurtung Arororugul
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Hiriaurtung Arororugul » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:37 pm

A mean old man wrote:Poll: What about that ten-bob note up my nose?

There wasn't room for that. Sometimes one must prioritize.
Hiriaurtung Arororugul
WA Ambassador

Philimbesi
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Philimbesi » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:52 am

Nigel eyed Sulla. "You're on... I've got Todd McCloud. Though Uni's been out the window enough times he should have wings, Nah Todd."

Nigel opened his wallet and lays his $20.00 on the table. In front of them.... then sat back and took a sip of his Lagavulin perhaps it's better that the USP didn't assign a new ambassador to the SC...
Last edited by Philimbesi on Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Unified States Of Philimbesi
The Honorable Josiah Bartlett - President

Ideological Bulwark #235

Duhsadsa
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Duhsadsa » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:49 am

We recognise A mean old man's taste for shouting something obscene at the Her Majesty as a brave show of apathetic sentiment concerning the monarchy. We also agree that his decision to sleep in a hole in the road in order to save up money to buy some clothes is a stroke of pure genius in economic theory.

Hiriaurtung Arororugul
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Hiriaurtung Arororugul » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:08 am

This is at vote now.

Bring it on you bed wetting pansies!
Hiriaurtung Arororugul
WA Ambassador

Urgench
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Urgench » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:35 am

Mongkha, Khan of Kashgar stood to address the debating chamber,

"Noble General, we are given to understand that in being a Cat fancier you believe a Mean Old Man to have done something worthy of commendation? That is correct no?

I ask because I had not realised the Aundotutunagirians thought the Cat an animal of companionship. Indeed a very, very, very, very, very, very long time ago, before you were born Noble General, when I was a mere youth, I took the opportunity during a school holiday to visit Golthaindroror during the brief period in which my father served at the CSKU's embassy there. I confess I found the city extremely hospitable and the young women of Aundotutunagir quite handsome, if a little harassed seeming, but my companions were quite anxious that I see as much of the local colour as possible and after one particularly diverting and amusing evening decided to take me to a well known restaurant which in those days had its premises in the docks of Golthaindroror. Being as my companions and I were in high spirits and much enamoured of the local refreshments, I was unperturbed when upon reading the menu at this quaint eatery I noticed that among the other delicacies, Roasted Cat was a house speciality.

My companions informed me that this dish was well liked by the patrons of this establishment, and that indeed it was a customary dish in other parts of Aundotutunagir. Would my boon companions have been correct in this assertion Noble General ?"
Last edited by Urgench on Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Mongkha, Khan of Kashgar, Ambassador in Plenipotentiary to the World Assembly for the Federated Sublime Khanate of Urgench -

Exchange Embassies with the FSKU here - http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=67

Philimbesi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Philimbesi » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:12 am

Nigel rose and addressed the ambassador from Urgench. "Can the honored ambassador not respect the way that Mean Old Man-ians treat their national animal regardless of how those in his nation treat the same species? "

Ideological Bulwark #235

Urgench
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Urgench » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:46 am

Philimbesi wrote:Nigel rose and addressed the ambassador from Urgench. "Can the honored ambassador not respect the way that Mean Old Man-ians treat their national animal regardless of how those in his nation treat the same species? "

Your Excellency, Urgenchi's do not customarily eat cats, so far as we are aware. The Noble Khan of Kashgar was asking about practices he encountered in the homeland of the Noble General Arororugul (which is Aundotutunagir), the proponent of this commendation, in an effort to discern what prompted the Noble General to propose it.

Yours,
Last edited by Urgench on Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:54 am, edited 3 times in total.

Philimbesi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Philimbesi » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:54 am

Nigel flushed, "Ah I miss-spoke what I meant to say was can the ambassador from Hiriaurtung Arororugul not respect... ect. Not you ambassador. I appologize."

Ideological Bulwark #235

Urgench
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Urgench » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:58 am

Philimbesi wrote:Nigel flushed, "Ah I miss-spoke what I meant to say was can the ambassador from Hiriaurtung Arororugul not respect... ect. Not you ambassador. I appologize."

No apology is necessary your Excellency. Indeed such a thing is possible, remarkable, but certainly possible. We are unable to say what the Noble General can or cannot do, since he has not enlightened us on the matter as yet.

Yours,

The Palentine
Diplomat

Founded: May 18, 2005

Postby The Palentine » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:22 am

Hiriaurtung Arororugul wrote:This is at vote now.

Bring it on you bed wetting pansies!

Thata boy! Give em hell, old bean! Unlike most of the dreadful C&Cs drafted in the Godforsaken cesspit, The Palentine casts its vote FOR this masterful Commendation. Sometimes we could all stand a little meanness.
Excelsior,
Sen. Horatio Sulla
"There aren't quite as many irredeemable folks as everyone thinks."
-The Dourian Embassy

"Yeah, but some (like Sen. Sulla) have to count for, like 20 or 30 all by themselves."
-Hack

Hiriaurtung Arororugul
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Hiriaurtung Arororugul » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:32 am

Urgench wrote:Mongkha, Khan of Kashgar stood to address the debating chamber,

"Noble General, we are given to understand that in being a Cat fancier you believe a Mean Old Man to have done something worthy of commendation? That is correct no?

I ask because I had not realised the Aundotutunagirians thought the Cat an animal of companionship. Indeed a very, very, very, very, very, very long time ago, before you were born Noble General, when I was a mere youth, I took the opportunity during a school holiday to visit Golthaindroror during the brief period in which my father served at the CSKU's embassy there. I confess I found the city extremely hospitable and the young women of Aundotutunagir quite handsome, if a little harassed seeming, but my companions were quite anxious that I see as much of the local colour as possible and after one particularly diverting and amusing evening decided to take me to a well known restaurant which in those days had its premises in the docks of Golthaindroror. Being as my companions and I were in high spirits and much enamoured of the local refreshments, I was unperturbed when upon reading the menu at this quaint eatery I noticed that among the other delicacies, Roasted Cat was a house speciality.

My companions informed me that this dish was well liked by the patrons of this establishment, and that indeed it was a customary dish in other parts of Aundotutunagir. Would my boon companions have been correct in this assertion Noble General ?"

I personally consider the cat a detestable animal and only occasionally eat them myself. However, if prepared correctly I admit that it can make for an enjoyable meal.

I included it in the commendation out of cultural sensitivity, Noble Khan. I understand that in many cultures, the cat is considered a companion animal and the creatures are treasured by their owners. Why, even in Aundotutunagir people are starting to keep them as pets and there have been calls to ban the serving of cat meat in restaurants. To each his own I suppose.

In other news:

Votes For: 468

Votes Against: 907

The fucking retards are voting against this.
Hiriaurtung Arororugul
WA Ambassador

Travancore-Cochin
Envoy

Founded: Jun 25, 2007
Ex-Nation

AT VOTE: Commend A mean old man

Postby Travancore-Cochin » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:46 am

Suddenly, a strange light fills the hall. In the distance, a weird and continuous cackle is heard, which gets progressively louder as it closes in on the hall. Then, without warning, a couple of windows of the hall break. All the gathered Ambassadors are bedazzled by the sight of a radiant humanoid who flies in through the breached structure. The superhuman being approaches Hiriaurtung Arororugul, whacks his head with a heavenly hammer, cackles, and flies off, breaking yet another couple of windows in the process.
Last edited by Travancore-Cochin on Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006

Postby Todd McCloud » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:22 pm

I can't vote 'for' on this one. I believe he deserves to be commended, but with an actual commendation, not one that appears to be a snub at C&C's in general.

Against. Unless my region votes for it, in which case I'll change my vote.
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Unibotian WASC Mission
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibotian WASC Mission » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:41 pm

Eduard flew into the prismatic chamber of the Security Council, through the defenestration bay-window to which ambassadors were thrown from daily into the depths of Lake Security Council. It had yet to be explained how Eduard had grown wings, or why he was unstuck from time for that matter, but Pascal, his perfidious subordinate thought he had heard some mumblings about a Gniknukiani tribe, and a series of shamanic curses.

Pascal was growling at the legislation, "I can't find anything good to say about A Mean Old Man!"

"Then don't say anything at all..." Eduard mused.

Pascal frowned, and wrote 'AGAINST' down on the registrar, mumbling something to himself about 'personal biasness'.

Urgench
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Urgench » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:06 pm

Todd McCloud wrote:I can't vote 'for' on this one. I believe he deserves to be commended, but with an actual commendation, not one that appears to be a snub at C&C's in general.

Against. Unless my region votes for it, in which case I'll change my vote.

Hearing a disembodied voice was an unearthly experience for Mongkha, Khan of Kashgar. But he concluded that the people of Todd McCloud must be invisible and had a response dispatched in good order.

Would your Excellency care to explain how this commendaion is a snub of any kind ? The statute books of the WA seem to be loaded with utterly nonsensical commendations and condemnations which seem to address sidereal entities and which seem to laud impossible actions which take place in some alternative reality. How could this commendation possible offer a snub to such a mind bending a frankly absurd record?

Yours,

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:20 pm

It was funny while it lasted, MSR. ;)

To be perfectly honest, I'm relieved that this is failing. It isn't really the type of SC resolution I'd support (hilarious though it may be), as it doesn't outline any of my actual contributions to the world or the WA besides my national settings, (which, if this had succeeded, I may have felt inclined to change, just to be a jerk). Had it been written properly, I'd have kept out of it entirely.

...and no, sedge, contrary to what you may believe in your offsite forum, I did not TG delegates to get approval for this proposal. I believe some of Corporate's allies did, entirely on their own accord, though I wasn't following their progress.

But other than the five or six approvals (estimate) that our allies acquired, this ridiculous thing achieved quorum with no TG campaign at all. Congrats, Sheep.
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

Urgench
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Urgench » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:23 pm

OOC wow the SC truly is a humorless and miserable place. How depressing.

Unibotian WASC Mission
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibotian WASC Mission » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:28 pm

Urgench wrote:OOC wow the SC truly is a humorless and miserable place. How depressing.

OOC: I thought that too when the SC repealed SC#9 at A Mean Old Man's whim.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives