NATION

PASSWORD

Super Hero High (old OOC, search for new one)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:19 am

Hello people of Super Hero High. I don't think I've said anything in here in like, 4 days.

Actually, I said something 2 days ago, but I still haven't said much in here recently
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:07 pm

Just to let everyone know: A timeskip to the following day will happen soon-ish, probably tomorrow.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:09 pm

Mighty Asgard wrote:Just to let everyone know: A timeskip to the following day will happen soon-ish, probably tomorrow.

Okay.

I assume AP and Kershya can still do their thing in "Flashbacks" or something.
My Last.FM and RYM

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:52 pm

Corrian wrote:I assume AP and Kershya can still do their thing in "Flashbacks" or something.

I presume somebody can accidentally knock a large metallic object onto Bramwell's head to end Kershya's misadventure.
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:53 pm

Corrian wrote:
Mighty Asgard wrote:Just to let everyone know: A timeskip to the following day will happen soon-ish, probably tomorrow.

Okay.

Well, they are inside of an unconscious person's mind so it stands to reason that time for them wouldn't appear as it does in the real world. I was really thinking that they can just keep doing their thing for the time being.

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:19 pm

Mighty Asgard wrote:
Corrian wrote:Okay.

Well, they are inside of an unconscious person's mind so it stands to reason that time for them wouldn't appear as it does in the real world. I was really thinking that they can just keep doing their thing for the time being.

People generally think significantly faster than they talk, so that is covered to the point where anybody who became a real life telepath (something which does not exist yet) would have to adjust to actually get anything out of it. However, either the goal of saving Antonio has to be the type of thing that can be staggered or something needs to interrupt Bramwell every time to ensure we do not have a situation where Bramwell A is taking a class and Bramwell B is galavanting through Antonio's mind.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:31 pm

Altruistic Paladins wrote:People generally think significantly faster than they talk, so that is covered to the point where anybody who became a real life telepath (something which does not exist yet) would have to adjust to actually get anything out of it. However, either the goal of saving Antonio has to be the type of thing that can be staggered or something needs to interrupt Bramwell every time to ensure we do not have a situation where Bramwell A is taking a class and Bramwell B is galavanting through Antonio's mind.

Well, that is up to you. It's your character and I'm not going to force you to use him in a particular way.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:06 pm

Nice text talk, Pragia :)

Any time I type like that it makes me type slower then typing normally.....
My Last.FM and RYM

Pragia
Powerbroker

Founded: May 08, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pragia » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:07 pm

Jay's a pinball wizard, there has to be a twist...

Na, ima try be more frequent in posts after time skip.

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:37 pm

Pragia wrote:Jay's a pinball wizard, there has to be a twist...

Na, ima try be more frequent in posts after time skip.

References to the Who write themselves.
By Hits Holy Hand,

The Magic Hobo
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Magic Hobo » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:37 pm

Name: Zig
Nationality: Mars
Height: 1 foot
Weight: 10 lbs
Hair: Fur, and it's grey-blue
Eyes: Black
Costume (if any):(This is how he normally looks.)

Abilities: Wall crawling, Web generation, Environmental adaptation
Dorm: None, he doesn't technically qualify for a dorm. More of a pet/child.
Brief Bio: Let's start with a little biology of the creature from Mars. He can eat almost anything that fits in his mouth; metal, rocks, dirt, highly poisonous stuff, mercury, anything. When injured, they enter a coma until they have fully healed, at which time they are extremely vulnerable. They sleep in cocoons made of the silken webbing they produce, and have a knack for nets. They can breath any gas or liquid, or stop breathing entirely, survive in temperatures of the high thousands in Celsius, to well below zero, comfortably.

He wasn't a native life form from mars, he was from a planet hundreds of light-years away, called Lymrysca. The planet was thousands of years more advanced than the humans, who were little more than warring monkeys with nuclear capabilities by the time the Lymryscans had developed teleportation and interstellar travel. The dominant species of the planet were terrifying, four-legged centaur-lizard creatures who, despite their horrifying appearance, were a peaceful, intelligent race. Zig was... basically a dog. A freaky, alien version of a dog. The two races co-evolved, and relied on each other. Zig was known as a Bolyat. He was owned by a scientist of great respect, the one who was the head of the project developing teleportation between stars, to shorten the amount of time it took to travel FTL. Zig was always a troublemaker, but one day... he took it too far. Just as his master was about to finish the final touches on the interstellar teleport device, Zig dropped down onto the transport pad to scare his master, which in turn teleported him to Mars. He was scared, and quickly spun a cocoon around himself. He laid there for many years, until an asteroid struck Mars, ejecting him from the atmosphere and directly toward Earth. He floated in his cocoon for the longest time, years in fact, until he struck the space station and stuck to it's hull.
Last edited by The Magic Hobo on Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Pragia
Powerbroker

Founded: May 08, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pragia » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:42 pm

I call new pet!

Orinon
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 08, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Orinon » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:02 pm

Why must we timeskip all the time?!

Oh. Yeah. Plot progression.

:|
I did some threads a long ass time ago that some people care about Iunno ya'll crazy.

Answers to Orinon or Watery. Part time author, part time gas station attendant, full time cynical bastard.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:07 pm

Orinon wrote:Why must we timeskip all the time?!

All the time? It's pretty quiet right now, and a lot of us don't have much to do.

Edit: Also, we haven't timeskipped in a long time
Last edited by Corrian on Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Last.FM and RYM

Kershya
Minister

Founded: Jan 08, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kershya » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:50 pm

I'm ok with a time skip, and Bramwell getting a break from time to time, I see at most three personalities being rescued in one mind enter at best.
Full Name:
The United Nine Constitutional Monarchies of Kershya

Economy

Economic Left/Right: -6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.72

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:41 am

What plot progression? There may be lots of character development, but Super Hero High does not exactly seem to have an overarching story.
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,

Orinon
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Orinon » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:52 am

Altruistic Paladins wrote:

What plot progression? There may be lots of character development, but Super Hero High does not exactly seem to have an overarching story.

That IS the plot progression! O:

In other news, OH GOD WHY DID I DOWNLOAD KATAWA SHOUJO?!?!?!?!? THE FEELS

THE FEELS.
I did some threads a long ass time ago that some people care about Iunno ya'll crazy.

Answers to Orinon or Watery. Part time author, part time gas station attendant, full time cynical bastard.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:33 am

Orinon wrote:
Altruistic Paladins wrote:

That IS the plot progression! O:

In other news, OH GOD WHY DID I DOWNLOAD KATAWA SHOUJO?!?!?!?!? THE FEELS

THE FEELS.

But I like the feels!

Which is why I need to play The Walking Dead game....
My Last.FM and RYM

Marroon (Ancient)
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Marroon (Ancient) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:14 am

Are there any students or teachers that can stimulate emotions in people? I'm thinking that could be my power but I don't want to copy anyone.
This is Bunny:
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") Copy and paste Bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination

Orinon
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Orinon » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:28 am

Marroon wrote:Are there any students or teachers that can stimulate emotions in people? I'm thinking that could be my power but I don't want to copy anyone.

I dont believe so.

Well, Abigale seems to generate rage and anger amongst nearly everyone, but that's more because she's an immoral psycho out for herself with a nasty habit of stepping on everyone in her path.

Marroon (Ancient)
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Marroon (Ancient) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:54 am

Orinon wrote:
Marroon wrote:Are there any students or teachers that can stimulate emotions in people? I'm thinking that could be my power but I don't want to copy anyone.

I dont believe so.

Well, Abigale seems to generate rage and anger amongst nearly everyone, but that's more because she's an immoral psycho out for herself with a nasty habit of stepping on everyone in her path.

lol. Well, I guess I'll make a character like that, and try to stay out of abigales way. :p
This is Bunny:
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") Copy and paste Bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination

Marroon (Ancient)
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Marroon (Ancient) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:31 am

Name:Marcus Russo
Nationality:Italian
Height:5'11"
Weight:198
Hair:Light brown, curly
Eyes:Grey
Costume (if any):Only wears blue jeans and a white button up shirt
Abilities:Can stimulate any emotion in anyone around him.
Dorm:Vigilante
Brief Bio:Marcus was 15 when his parents died in the war. After that day he set out to take vengeance out on any vampires that he could find. Using his ability to make them feel intensely happy, he would kill them while they were oblivious. After the war, Marcus was adopted by a rich family but he was very bitter over losing his parents. Often he would unknowingly put emotions of anger or sadness on his adoptive parents. He would sometimes wake up in the middle of the night, screaming over nightmares he was having about vampires and his parents death. His adoptive parents decided one day that he should be sent to a therapist, "perhaps that would help him" they would say to each other. But it did not, after weeks it seemed that all the therapist ever did was join in with Marcus' misery. One day, the therapist finally realized what he was doing, he figured out that it was Marcus making him feel that way. He told Marcus of a school for super powered individuals, it would help him control his powers, and maybe he could make some new friends, and be happy again. Marcus decided he wanted to go, and asked his parents, who immediately agreed. Hoping that it would do him some good.
Last edited by Marroon (Ancient) on Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is Bunny:
(\__/)
(='.'=)

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:17 am

What are these
Orinon wrote:THE FEELS
I detected? This seems human.

Then again, you probably want to play through Katawa Shoujo because the game is art where tons of effort were put in that should have been a disaster by its origin as an 4chan dating sim about people with physical disabilities that somehow transcended origin, not just because it is art that wants to make you cry. It is just not logical. Why do they make great art in defiance of horrible origins? How dare they be statistically improbable by being in the 0.0001% of stuff that came from 4chan that is actually worth existing.

Wait, are we supposed to do a chain where where one video game example of
the specimen particularly likes is provided. Okay, you humans are crazy man.

I may not experience
but Persona 4 gets me every playthrough with its characterizations that audaciously made me appreciate characters in spite of utilitarian purpose, moments where the game decides injecting dopamine into me is a good idea without any physical contact, needles, or dopamine to give is a worthwhile challenge for reasons only you impractical humans would know, and moments that try to make my eyes shoot toxins in spite of it being of no utilitarian purpose of the game to get me to do this.

You humans with your
confuse me. Stop making me experience them, artists.
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,

The Magic Hobo
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Magic Hobo » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:37 pm

Looks like Pragia gets a new pet if accepted.
Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:45 pm

The Magic Hobo wrote:
Name: Zig
Nationality: Mars
Height: 1 foot
Weight: 10 lbs
Hair: Fur, and it's grey-blue
Eyes: Black
Costume (if any):(This is how he normally looks.)
Abilities: Wall crawling, Web generation, Environmental adaptation
Dorm: None, he doesn't technically qualify for a dorm. More of a pet/child.
Brief Bio: Let's start with a little biology of the creature from Mars. He can eat almost anything that fits in his mouth; metal, rocks, dirt, highly poisonous stuff, mercury, anything. When injured, they enter a coma until they have fully healed, at which time they are extremely vulnerable. They sleep in cocoons made of the silken webbing they produce, and have a knack for nets. They can breath any gas or liquid, or stop breathing entirely, survive in temperatures of the high thousands in Celsius, to well below zero, comfortably.

He wasn't a native life form from mars, he was from a planet hundreds of light-years away, called Lymrysca. The planet was thousands of years more advanced than the humans, who were little more than warring monkeys with nuclear capabilities by the time the Lymryscans had developed teleportation and interstellar travel. The dominant species of the planet were terrifying, four-legged centaur-lizard creatures who, despite their horrifying appearance, were a peaceful, intelligent race. Zig was... basically a dog. A freaky, alien version of a dog. The two races co-evolved, and relied on each other. Zig was known as a Bolyat. He was owned by a scientist of great respect, the one who was the head of the project developing teleportation between stars, to shorten the amount of time it took to travel FTL. Zig was always a troublemaker, but one day... he took it too far. Just as his master was about to finish the final touches on the interstellar teleport device, Zig dropped down onto the transport pad to scare his master, which in turn teleported him to Mars. He was scared, and quickly spun a cocoon around himself. He laid there for many years, until an asteroid struck Mars, ejecting him from the atmosphere and directly toward Earth. He floated in his cocoon for the longest time, years in fact, until he struck the space station and stuck to it's hull.

Denied. I don't think that an alien spider-cat thing would fit well in the RP.

Marroon wrote:
Name:Marcus
Nationality:Italian
Height:5'11"
Weight:198
Hair:Light brown, curly
Eyes:Grey
Costume (if any):Only wears blue jeans and a white button up shirt
Abilities:Can stimulate any emotion in anyone around him.
Dorm:Vigilante
Brief Bio:Marcus was 15 when his parents died in the war. After that day he set out to take vengeance out on any vampires that he could find. Using his ability to make them feel intensely happy, he would kill them while they were oblivious. After the war, he wasn't sure what to do. but he soon heard of super hero high, and decided to get there, somehow. He traveled to the home of a rich family and decided to try his luck. He used his ability to make the Owner of the mansion happy, and then while the owner was drinking a celebrating...over nothing. He stole enough money to get him to super hero high for as long as he needed, and took an airplane there.

Try to put a little more effort into the character. At the very least give him a surname.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse