NATION

PASSWORD

Advanced Mobile Mortar System (new lower price)

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]
Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Advanced Mobile Mortar System (new lower price)

Postby Grays Harbor » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:57 pm

Developed as a joint venture between Bulldog Motors Military Division and Union Arms, the Panther is a twin barrel 120mm, breech loaded mortar turret mounted on wheeled or tracked chassis. While the standard is the 6 wheeled chassis, the turret and internal systems can be custom fittd to the chassis of your choice. The 6-wheeled chassis provides independent steering on each wheel, RWF capability, and driver operated pressure regulation.

The two mortars are mounted on a common cradle with equilibrator and a leading device. The system is designed for ultra-rapid fire rate, reaching a claimed 26 rpm burst, with multiple rounds simultaneous impact (MRSI) at 14 to 13,000m range. One added advantage of the Panther over conventional mortars is that the barrels can be lowered to deliver direct fire during urban warfare or other scenarios. The cost, while high in relation to standard mortar systems, is well worth it in the versatility and capability demonstrated by the unit.

The cost per unit is NS$6'200'000

All purchases must be approved by the Foreign Ministry and the Defense Ministry prior to the sale being completed.
Last edited by Grays Harbor on Fri May 14, 2010 12:43 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Lyras
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 26, 2004
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lyras » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:04 pm

OOC: NS$70m for a self-propelled mortar?
Mokastana: Then Lyras happened.

Allanea: Wanting to avoid fighting Lyras' fuck-huge military is also a reasonable IC consideration

TPF: Who is stupid enough to attack a Lyran convoy?

Sumer: Honestly, I'd rather face Doom's military with Doom having a 3-1 advantage over me, than take a 1-1 fight with a well-supplied Lyran tank unit.

Kinsgard: RL Lyras is like a real life video game character.

Ieperithem: Eighty four. Eighty four percent of their terrifyingly massive GDP goes directly into their military. And they actually know how to manage it. It's safe to say there isn't a single nation that could feasibly stand against them if they wanted it to die.
Yikes. Just... Yikes.

Lyran Arms - Lambda Financial - Foreign Holdings - Tracker - Photo - OOC sentiments

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:17 pm

Lyras wrote:OOC: NS$70m for a self-propelled mortar?

OOC - Yes. It is a very good system. Also, thats the actual RW price for this system. I didn't just make it up. ;) The actual price for it is 500 million Swedish Kroner per unit. The system itself is good enough that a single vehicle can deliver a strike equal to an entire battery of cenventional mortars or artillery.

*edit* I just reread my source, and the cost was for 2 of them, so figure about 35 million each.

second edit - well, it seems my reading is not so good today. the 70 million deal was for 2 development prototypes, an upgrade of the current system. the one in use now, which is the one I have offered, is about 6.2 million each.

chock it up to lack of sleep and not enough coffee. :p
Last edited by Grays Harbor on Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Not Ta'veren

Lyras
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 26, 2004
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lyras » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:20 am

OOC: Acknowledged. Good adjust, happy with that :)
Mokastana: Then Lyras happened.

Allanea: Wanting to avoid fighting Lyras' fuck-huge military is also a reasonable IC consideration

TPF: Who is stupid enough to attack a Lyran convoy?

Sumer: Honestly, I'd rather face Doom's military with Doom having a 3-1 advantage over me, than take a 1-1 fight with a well-supplied Lyran tank unit.

Kinsgard: RL Lyras is like a real life video game character.

Ieperithem: Eighty four. Eighty four percent of their terrifyingly massive GDP goes directly into their military. And they actually know how to manage it. It's safe to say there isn't a single nation that could feasibly stand against them if they wanted it to die.
Yikes. Just... Yikes.

Lyran Arms - Lambda Financial - Foreign Holdings - Tracker - Photo - OOC sentiments

Hansastadt Danzig
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 19, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Hansastadt Danzig » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:12 pm

We are quite impressed with this system. Our Defense Ministry would like to order thousands, but budget constraints force us to be a bit more realistic in our goals. We would like to place an initial order for 240, with an option for an additional 240 later.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Fri May 14, 2010 12:40 pm

*bumpity bump*

Not Ta'veren

Mossat
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mossat » Mon May 17, 2010 10:25 pm

The Commonwealth would like to purchase 5,000 Panther units, as the Military Bureau sees these units to be highly effective.
Demonym: Mossacian (Pronounced with a "z")
Mossat Military Hardware Database(Under Construction)
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind." - Albert Einstein
GENERATION 31: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Tue May 18, 2010 12:13 am

We thank you for the confidence you have shown in our MMS*. It is indeed most effective, especially when compared with standar mortar systems. The first units should be available in about 2 weeks, followed by about 100 per week until the order is completed. Thank you.

*MMS = Mobile Mortar System

Not Ta'veren

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Tue May 25, 2010 12:11 pm

*new sales flyers sent out*

= "bump"

Not Ta'veren

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade