NATION

PASSWORD

Super Hero High (old OOC, search for new one)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:04 pm

Orinon wrote:Wildly from the blue, I return from the lands of Xbox Live.

Played the Metal Gear Rising demo. OHMYGOD SO MUCH FUN HACKING PEOPLE TO BITS. Dead Space 3 is pretty good as well. Was hoping for more scare and less run and gun. :/

NExt on list: Crysis 3 Beta, Season 2 of Spartan Ops.

EDIT: Messy post is messy. but meh.

I played Crysis 3 Beta last night, then went on to Far Cry 3
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:12 pm

Corrian wrote:
Orinon wrote:Wildly from the blue, I return from the lands of Xbox Live.

Played the Metal Gear Rising demo. OHMYGOD SO MUCH FUN HACKING PEOPLE TO BITS. Dead Space 3 is pretty good as well. Was hoping for more scare and less run and gun. :/

NExt on list: Crysis 3 Beta, Season 2 of Spartan Ops.

EDIT: Messy post is messy. but meh.

I played Crysis 3 Beta last night, then went on to Far Cry 3

Where are you at in Far Cry 3?
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:14 pm

Camicon wrote:I played Crysis 3 Beta last night, then went on to Far Cry 3

Where are you at in Far Cry 3?[/quote]
Not very far. A little past the opening scene in the dark, which I have to say was fantastic. The running through the forest getting shot at with one of the best villains in video game history telling you to run? It was great. It was late, so I didn't play much. And being me, I'll probably just explore all day today.
My Last.FM and RYM

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:54 pm

Corrian wrote:
Camicon wrote:I played Crysis 3 Beta last night, then went on to Far Cry 3

Where are you at in Far Cry 3?

Not very far. A little past the opening scene in the dark, which I have to say was fantastic. The running through the forest getting shot at with one of the best villains in video game history telling you to run? It was great. It was late, so I didn't play much. And being me, I'll probably just explore all day today.[/quote]
I think I've logged some 60+ hours on it, and haven't even left the first island. Sooooo much stuff to do. :D
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Pragia
Powerbroker

Founded: May 08, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pragia » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:50 pm

Anybody plan on doing something? We're all in the gym, and maybe some rivalries (pretty IC for my guy)

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:52 pm

Pragia wrote:Anybody plan on doing something? We're all in the gym, and maybe some rivalries (pretty IC for my guy)

I shall have two of my characters arrive there soon.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Pragia
Powerbroker

Postby Pragia » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:54 pm

Altruistic Paladins wrote:
Pragia wrote:Anybody plan on doing something? We're all in the gym, and maybe some rivalries (pretty IC for my guy)

Arent they both on the mission?

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:56 pm

Pragia wrote:
Altruistic Paladins wrote:

Arent they both on the mission?

One is. Bramwell.
The other two are Makoto (the other major character, and Bramwell's "sibling"), and Sakura (a minor character, almost exclusively used by AP).
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun

Pragia
Powerbroker

Postby Pragia » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:04 pm

Camicon wrote:
Pragia wrote:Arent they both on the mission?

One is. Bramwell.
The other two are Makoto (the other major character, and Bramwell's "sibling"), and Sakura (a minor character, almost exclusively used by AP).

Ahhh, thought Makoto was on the mission, recall AP saying his name a couple times

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:37 pm

Camicon wrote:I think I've logged some 60+ hours on it, and haven't even left the first island. Sooooo much stuff to do. :D

I played for about 7 to 8 hours today, and haven't done anything more in the story yet. I have 4/18 radio towers, too....I did a lot of wandering, collecting things, driving, capturing places, gathering stuff, and so on.....Shark hunting is hard :P I love to just explore and wander, which is why when I played the racing game Fuel, I literally spent hours just driving. On any open world game I typically explore the world before doing much.

If you like open world games with a lot of stuff to do, Skyrim is fantastic for that (if you don't have it already).

One thing I've liked about Far Cry 3 so far is it seems to have fantastically developed characters, instead of your typical dull characters. For the most part, anyway.
My Last.FM and RYM

Kintain
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kintain » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:33 pm

Name: Jack "Shade" Gunsche
Nationality: German American
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 170
Hair: Dark Brown, Shaggy
Eyes: Hazel
Costume (if any): none, regular street clothes
Abilities: Jack can bend light up to the entire electromagnetic spectrum around him and anything within 10 meters of himself effectively allowing him to create illusions, bright blinding flashes (potentially resulting in tanning or sunburns), and rendering himself utterly invisible to even enhanced detection equipment (ex. IR cameras).
Dorm: Villain
Brief Bio: Ever since his parents abandoned him upon discovering his powers when he was 10, Jack has lived on the streets of New York fending for himself, bitter at the world for treating him like a freak. For 5 and a half years, he lived such, not only honing his abilities (which allowed him to successfully rob and pull malicious pranks upon many stores, individuals, gangs, etc. and evade law enforcement and retribution from those he robbed and pranked) but combat abilities, and rapid analytical thinking as well. Finally he was caught when a forgotten hero with a superb sense of smell was put on the case to find him. The hero, instead of throwing Jack into juvenile detention, felt that there was a chance Jack could be reformed and thus was able to get Jack to begin his time at Super Hero High.
Last edited by Kintain on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Political: Centrist
Religion: N/A, Atheist
Philosophy: Nihilistic, still expanding upon it and finding myself further

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:36 pm

Kintain wrote:Name: Jack "Shade" Gunsche
Abilities: Jack can bend light up to the entire electromagnetic spectrum around him and anything within 10 meters of himself effectively allowing him to create illusions, bright blinding flashes (potentially resulting in tanning or sunburns), and rendering himself utterly invisible to even enhanced detection equipment (ex. IR cameras).
Brief Bio: Ever since his parents abandoned him upon discovering his powers when he was 10, Jack has lived on the streets of New York fending for himself, bitter at the world for treating him like a freak. For 5 and a half years, he lived such, not only honing his abilities which allowed him to successfully rob and pull malicious pranks upon many stores, individuals, gangs, etc. and evade law enforcement and retribution from those he robbed and pranked. Finally he was caught when a forgotten hero with a superb sense of smell was put on the case to find him. The hero, instead of throwing Jack into juvenile detention, felt that there was a chance Jack could be reformed and thus was able to get Jack to begin his time at Super Hero High.

YES! Another Villain.

Also, I'm going to hold off posting as Samira until the bulk of the heroes get back from their mission.
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?
In Egypt's sandy silence, all alone,
Stands a gigantic Leg, which far off throws
The only shadow that the Desert knows:—
"I am great OZYMANDIAS," saith the stone,
"The King of Kings; this mighty City shows
"The wonders of my hand." The City's gone,
Nought but the Leg remaining to disclose
The site of this forgotten Babylon.

We wonder, and some Hunter may express
Wonder like ours, when thro' the wilderness
Where London stood, holding the Wolf in chace,
He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess
What powerful but unrecorded race
Once dwelt in that annihilated place.
The Nuclear Fist wrote:Transoxthraxia confirmed for shit taste

Kintain
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kintain » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:08 pm

Transoxthraxia wrote:
Kintain wrote:Name: Jack "Shade" Gunsche
Brief Bio: Ever since his parents abandoned him upon discovering his powers when he was 10, Jack has lived on the streets of New York fending for himself, bitter at the world for treating him like a freak. For 5 and a half years, he lived such, not only honing his abilities which allowed him to successfully rob and pull malicious pranks upon many stores, individuals, gangs, etc. and evade law enforcement and retribution from those he robbed and pranked. Finally he was caught when a forgotten hero with a superb sense of smell was put on the case to find him. The hero, instead of throwing Jack into juvenile detention, felt that there was a chance Jack could be reformed and thus was able to get Jack to begin his time at Super Hero High.

YES! Another Villain.

Also, I'm going to hold off posting as Samira until the bulk of the heroes get back from their mission.

Just gotta wait to see if I get accepted or not. :)

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:38 pm

Just a quick question? What is the extent of the character's control over the electromagnetic spectrum since control over it would mean anything from control over radio to cooking people alive with microwaves?
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Kintain
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kintain » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:59 pm

Altruistic Paladins wrote:Just a quick question? What is the extent of the character's control over the electromagnetic spectrum since control over it would mean anything from control over radio to cooking people alive with microwaves?

Currently, I'd leave it that while he can control the spectrum, his control is limited (I'll leave it as his potential remains unknown of how much he can hope to completely control). The further away one gets from visible light, the harder it is for him to control it. So with microwaves, for example, all he'd be able to do is release a quick and rather diffused blast that, at worst/best, could give someone some minor first degree burns and/or blisters. Radio waves, he could cause mild interference with radios and whatnot, but can intercept with relative ease (so he could have a radio station playing inside his head or effectively turn into a police scanner). IR and UV he can release in more focused blasts that can leave some extensive burns (up to 2nd degree in damage). Gamma, like microwaves, a very quick and diffused blast that at worst/best can create some benign tumors/sterilize an individual's nads... However with the entire spectrum, he can bend them around his person (or objects within 10 meters of himself) effectively making him invisible to everything.

If it's too OP, I'm more than willing to tone him down.

Pragia
Powerbroker

Postby Pragia » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:03 am

Kintain wrote:
Altruistic Paladins wrote:Just a quick question? What is the extent of the character's control over the electromagnetic spectrum since control over it would mean anything from control over radio to cooking people alive with microwaves?

Currently, I'd leave it that while he can control the spectrum, his control is limited (I'll leave it as his potential remains unknown of how much he can hope to completely control). The further away one gets from visible light, the harder it is for him to control it. So with microwaves, for example, all he'd be able to do is release a quick and rather diffused blast that, at worst/best, could give someone some minor first degree burns and/or blisters. Radio waves, he could cause mild interference with radios and whatnot, but can intercept with relative ease (so he could have a radio station playing inside his head or effectively turn into a police scanner). IR and UV he can release in more focused blasts that can leave some extensive burns (up to 2nd degree in damage). Gamma, like microwaves, a very quick and diffused blast that at worst/best can create some benign tumors/sterilize an individual's nads... However with the entire spectrum, he can bend them around his person (or objects within 10 meters of himself) effectively making him invisible to everything.

I feel as though gammas a bit far, seeing that, while humorous, I'd prolly beat the shit outta you if you tried something like that.

Kintain
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kintain » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:12 am

Pragia wrote:
Kintain wrote:

I feel as though gammas a bit far, seeing that, while humorous, I'd prolly beat the shit outta you if you tried something like that.

Eh, I'll wait for Mighty Asgard's ruling on the matter.

Pragia
Powerbroker

Postby Pragia » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:59 am

If there is no range, Ill change post, didn't see it anywhere, so I assumed it would be there like any other training.

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:13 am

Kintain wrote:
Name: Jack "Shade" Gunsche
Brief Bio: Ever since his parents abandoned him upon discovering his powers when he was 10, Jack has lived on the streets of New York fending for himself, bitter at the world for treating him like a freak. For 5 and a half years, he lived such, not only honing his abilities (which allowed him to successfully rob and pull malicious pranks upon many stores, individuals, gangs, etc. and evade law enforcement and retribution from those he robbed and pranked) but combat abilities, and rapid analytical thinking as well. Finally he was caught when a forgotten hero with a superb sense of smell was put on the case to find him. The hero, instead of throwing Jack into juvenile detention, felt that there was a chance Jack could be reformed and thus was able to get Jack to begin his time at Super Hero High.

Your explanation of this wasn't entirely clear, so: Can he just manipulate electromagnetic energy, or create it as well?

Nulvelith
Minister

Founded: Jan 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nulvelith » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:41 am

Name: Edamiel Nul
nationality: korean-japanese usa citizen
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 160 lbs
Appearance: http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery-09/ao-cc-spear-female.html
Abilities: superspeed, ki control: cloaking (all senses but tactile), walking on any surface (ie water, ceilings). She tends to avoid using her powers though, preferring to fight with a dagger and lance (or other polearm)
Dorm: villain
Bio: Her childhood was spent being shunted around Massachusetts from orphanage to orphanage as nobody was willing to deal with a child that was always impossible to find or catch. She became a gangmember at the prime age of thirteen, but quickly moved on to streetracing motorcycles stolen from shipping trucks. She loves blueberry pie (her one true weakness), and she absolutely despises "super" heroes, in all their arrogant vanity. Mostly because it was another speedster that caught her and gave her the option of life in a special prison cell, or school.
Last edited by Nulvelith on Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Be silent. Be not still.

Orinon
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 08, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Orinon » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:49 am

Just my opinion, but way too many powers.
I did some threads a long ass time ago that some people care about Iunno ya'll crazy.

Answers to Orinon or Watery. Part time author, part time gas station attendant, full time cynical bastard.

Pragia
Powerbroker

Postby Pragia » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:52 am

Orinon wrote:Just my opinion, but way too many powers.

I'd agree, but up to Asgard. Kinda always hate the "know nothing of their past" but well see

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:24 am

Nulvelith wrote:
Name: Edamiel Nul
nationality: korean-japanese usa citizen
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 160 lbs
Appearance: http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery-09/ao-cc-spear-female.html
Abilities: superspeed, ki control: cloaking (all senses but tactile), walking on any surface (ie water, cielings), can force ki aura into another by touch (it takes a few minutes, but this enables her to alter recent memories and implant subconscious suggestions/orders). She tends to avoid using her powers though, preferring to fight with a dagger and lance (or other polearm)
Dorm: villain
Bio: there are no records of her existence before her arrival at the academy, but all the proper paperwork was signed and filled out. She doesnt remember her past herself, having wiped her own memories for some reason. She does remember that she loves blueberry pie (her one true weakness), and that she absolutely despises "super" heroes, in all their arrogant vanity.

Denied, that's a few too many powers.

Nulvelith
Minister

Founded: Jan 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nulvelith » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:27 am

Ok, edited. Hows that?
Be silent. Be not still.

Kintain
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation