NATION

PASSWORD

Super Hero High (old OOC, search for new one)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:31 pm

Imperial--japan wrote:Basically. Though I was only going to change Mina's. (The second one).
Perhaps this.
http://www.testriffic.com/resultfiles/28975NegimaFei7.jpg

I do think that works better, as red eyes tend to be conspicuous and are subject to the trope, "Red Eyes, Take Warning", though there is nothing wrong with using tropes.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Imperial--japan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial--japan » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:05 pm

Well now that I have things sorted expect many shenanigans from me tommorow.
Grand Britannia wrote:
Fenexia and holochrome wrote:I want /pol/ to stay in /pol/.

/pol/ shitposted someone into the presidency, it's too late for you.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:26 pm

Sorry for disapearing.... How much did I miss?
Times are looking grim these days~

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:24 am

Terintania wrote:Sorry for disapearing.... How much did I miss?

Yay, now I get to explain things again.

Okay, so Sarah asked a question. Mina was embarrased by Bramwell who may get into a relationship that would end with Mina's lawyer saying, "Your honor, my client is suing for divorce on the grounds of Irreconcilable Alignment Differences. She's Neutral Evil and her husband appears to be Lawful Good." Tyler answered Sarah's question and enjoyed the feeling of power he got from helping people.
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Imperial--japan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial--japan » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:41 am

Altruistic Paladins wrote:
Terintania wrote:Sorry for disapearing.... How much did I miss?

Yay, now I get to explain things again.

Okay, so Sarah asked a question. Mina was embarrased by Bramwell who may get into a relationship that would end with Mina's lawyer saying, "Your honor, my client is suing for divorce on the grounds of Irreconcilable Alignment Differences. She's Neutral Evil and her husband appears to be Lawful Good." Tyler answered Sarah's question and enjoyed the feeling of power he got from helping people.

The personal code of a neutral evil character may look like this:

1. You shall lie to advance yourself.

2. You shall harm the innocent to advance yourself.

3. You shall kill to advance yourself.

4. You shall not aid the weak.

5. You shall honor those who are stronger.

6. You shall follow the law only to advance yourself.

7. You shall betray friends, family, community, and nation to advance yourself.

8. You shall not aid those who protect the weak.

9. You shall not show mercy to enemies.

10. You shall seek unlimited power over others.
Grand Britannia wrote:
Fenexia and holochrome wrote:I want /pol/ to stay in /pol/.

/pol/ shitposted someone into the presidency, it's too late for you.

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:17 am

Imperial--japan wrote:1. You shall lie to advance yourself.

1. You shall not lie.
Imperial--japan wrote:2. You shall harm the innocent to advance yourself.

2. You shall not harm the innocent.
Imperial--japan wrote:3. You shall kill to advance yourself.

3. You shall not murder.
Imperial--japan wrote:4. You shall not aid the weak.

4. You shall help the needy.
Imperial--japan wrote:5. You shall honor those who are stronger.

5. You shall honor legitimate authority that promotes goodness.
Imperial--japan wrote:6. You shall follow the law only to advance yourself.

6. You shall follow the law.
Imperial--japan wrote:7. You shall betray friends, family, community, and nation to advance yourself.

7. You shall not betray others.
Imperial--japan wrote:8. You shall not aid those who protect the weak.

8. You shall bring criminals and evil-doers to justice.
Imperial--japan wrote:10. You shall seek unlimited power over others.

10. You shall seek unlimited good for others and unlimited order in society.
11. You shall not pass.

It seems there is an alignment impasse. I am sure this can be solved by way of go-karting for a sufficient period of time so as to allow Mina to become amiable True Neutral or Bramwell to regress. I do love the Neutral Evil sins though from least-harmful to worst.

1. Failing to show malice or inflict pain upon an innocent when it would be pleasurable to do so.

2. Not challenging a clearly weak leader for leadership.

3. Keeping your word when doing so would interfere with personal gain.

4. Refusing to commit cruel act that would harm your enemy or rival when appropriate.

5. Making a sacrifice to help another when not important to your survival.

6. Failing to commit cruel acts that are in your best interest.

7. Refusing to kill for personal gain or wealth.

8. Turning down a chance to gain power or wealth.

9. Showing mercy to one who is opposed to you or your cause.

10. Aiding the servants of Goodness.

I think Mina needs to give five Hail Macbeths for the Neutral Evil sins of not always being a total jerk as mercy and respect given to Bramwell represents. Imagine what Macbeth would do if Mina were to develop a healthy relationship with Bramwell.

The winds begin to howl, the sky begins to flash, the ground begins to tremble and roar, and motes of light begin to rise from the surface of the Earth. The surface finally turns a blinding white, and from within the noise emerges a wail, a scream, of something human and yet not. All goes silent, the blinding light subsides, and all traces of mankind are gone.
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:57 pm

I'll get a post up tomorrow. Watching The Dark Knight Rises killed my head.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:23 am

Corrian wrote:I'll get a post up tomorrow. Watching The Dark Knight Rises killed my head.

I know that feeling. "The Dark Knight Rises" is definately not the movie for a person who thinks too hard about things (me).
By Hits Holy Hand,

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:25 am

Corrian wrote:I'll get a post up tomorrow. Watching The Dark Knight Rises killed my head.

I know that feeling. "The Dark Knight Rises" is definately not the movie for a person who thinks too hard about things (me).

Eh, I think too hard about things, and I love movies that make me think. But what I meant was the headache I got from watching it. I didn't find the movie all that thought-provoking, really.
My Last.FM and RYM

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:59 am

Corrian wrote:

Eh, I think too hard about things, and I love movies that make me think. But what I meant was the headache I got from watching it. I didn't find the movie all that thought-provoking, really.

So many plot-holes were there. Christopher Nolan's weaknesses as a director were displayed prominently (hand-to-hand combat, romance, pacing, etcetera). They managed to have no villains be more interesting than Batman, which problematic due to Bale's depiction of Batman being a weak-point of the Dark Knight trilogy. Michael Caine was thrown out of the plot halfway through the film. Robin was brought up in the lamest way possible. The film really does not have a statement. "Skyfall" worked better as a Dark Night film than the "Dark Knight Rises" did.

The movie was a very clear disappointment, yet it still is good if I am in the mindset that wants to have fun, listen to Hans Zimmer still composing superbly, and see the side-characters acting their hearts out of place rather than one that has any pay-off, depth, or purpose.
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:02 am

Altruistic Paladins wrote:[
So many plot-holes were there. Christopher Nolan's weaknesses as a director were displayed prominently (hand-to-hand combat, romance, pacing, etcetera). They managed to have no villains be more interesting than Batman, which problematic due to Bale's depiction of Batman being a weak-point of the Dark Knight trilogy. Michael Caine was thrown out of the plot halfway through the film. Robin was brought up in the lamest way possible. The film really does not have a statement. "Skyfall" worked better as a Dark Night film than the "Dark Knight Rises" did.

The movie was a very clear disappointment, yet it still is good if I am in the mindset that wants to have fun and see the side-characters acting their hearts out of place rather than one that has any pay-off, depth, or purpose.

Eh, I enjoyed it, but I don't think any Batman movie can ever pass The Dark Knight with The Joker. Heath Ledger's Joker is just too fantastic.
My Last.FM and RYM

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:41 am

Corrian wrote:
Altruistic Paladins wrote:[

The movie was a very clear disappointment, yet it still is good if I am in the mindset that wants to have fun and see the side-characters acting their hearts out of place rather than one that has any pay-off, depth, or purpose.

Eh, I enjoyed it, but I don't think any Batman movie can ever pass The Dark Knight with The Joker. Heath Ledger's Joker is just too fantastic.

Heath Ledger's Joker was still a perfect mixture of funny and terrifying that embodied the best of all the Jokers that came before. It also helps that he has an awesome Chicagan accent since I am fascinated by non-rhotic accents. Even if the movie was flawed, it still was a great movie because the flaws were either minimal in comparrison to the other films or were distracted from by that which was fantastic. Then again, I still cannot get over how Batman diagnosed the one of the Joker's crazy henchmen incorrectly, as the person was clearly a undifferentiated schizophrenic instead of paranoid schizophrenic because the patient prominently had enough symptoms of disorganized schizophrenia in addition to paranoid schizophrenic symptoms to warrant a diagnosis of undifferentiated schizophrenia.
By Hits Holy Hand,

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:47 am

Altruistic Paladins wrote:Heath Ledger's Joker was still a perfect mixture of funny and terrifying that embodied the best of all the Jokers that came before. It also helps that he has an awesome Chicagan accent since I am fascinated by non-rhotic accents. Even if the movie was flawed, it still was a great movie because the flaws were either minimal in comparrison to the other films or were distracted from by that which was fantastic. Then again, I still cannot get over how Batman diagnosed the one of the Joker's crazy henchmen incorrectly, as the person was clearly a undifferentiated schizophrenic instead of paranoid schizophrenic because the patient prominently had enough symptoms of disorganized schizophrenia in addition to paranoid schizophrenic symptoms to warrant a diagnosis of undifferentiated schizophrenia.

Sometimes I think you are too smart for your own good:P

Anyway, I don't think any of the Batman movies are the best movies I've ever seen (The Dark Knight is definitely up there, though), but I'd consider them some of the best, shall we say, action movies. Hanna is probably up there as my favorite action movie on the top of my head, though. There's movies I like more then any of the Batman movies.

Actually, Inception may be higher as my favorite action movie then Hanna, but Hanna is definitely up there. The fantastic soundtrack of Hanna helps.
Last edited by Corrian on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Last.FM and RYM

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:12 pm

Name: Alexandria 'Alex' Crane
Nationality: American
Height: 5'5
Weight: 110 lbs.
Hair: White
Eyes: Grey
Costume (if any):

Abilities: Guilt Embodiment, (Alexandria can appear to a selected person what troubles them the most, however, it only appears to the selected person and Alexandria. Anyone else would just see Alexandria in her normal form.) Limited Emotion Inducement (Meaning that Alexandria can induce positive or negative emotions on people that can give them such powerful reactions to the effects that they can become incapacitated with nausea. http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Bliss_%26_Horror_Inducement)
Dorm: Villain
Brief Bio: Born into a poor family, Alexandria was very bright, and could not tolerate her working-class parents and their lackluster intelligence. Instead, she created a reality for herself through reading books and began to believe that she was in fact a daughter of a rich king. Whenever someone tried to interfere with her fantasy they suddenly felt a wave of strong nausea and felt extreme nervousness for no reason. Finally, after an outburst where Alexandria nearly killed her father, she was sent to therapy at the age of fourteen to deal with her "fantasies". After two intensive years, she was considered mentally cured, however she was sent back to a highschool in her local town, where she was bullied. Nearly a year later, a local student of her high school was found dead in a gutter not far from the school with Alexandria crouched near him. She was diagnosed with her superpowers and sent to Super Hero High.

(Tell me if that Bio is too short and I'll lengthen it)
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?
In Egypt's sandy silence, all alone,
Stands a gigantic Leg, which far off throws
The only shadow that the Desert knows:—
"I am great OZYMANDIAS," saith the stone,
"The King of Kings; this mighty City shows
"The wonders of my hand." The City's gone,
Nought but the Leg remaining to disclose
The site of this forgotten Babylon.

We wonder, and some Hunter may express
Wonder like ours, when thro' the wilderness
Where London stood, holding the Wolf in chace,
He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess
What powerful but unrecorded race
Once dwelt in that annihilated place.
The Nuclear Fist wrote:Transoxthraxia confirmed for shit taste

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:33 pm

Corrian wrote:
Altruistic Paladins wrote:Heath Ledger's Joker was still a perfect mixture of funny and terrifying that embodied the best of all the Jokers that came before. It also helps that he has an awesome Chicagan accent since I am fascinated by non-rhotic accents. Even if the movie was flawed, it still was a great movie because the flaws were either minimal in comparrison to the other films or were distracted from by that which was fantastic. Then again, I still cannot get over how Batman diagnosed the one of the Joker's crazy henchmen incorrectly, as the person was clearly a undifferentiated schizophrenic instead of paranoid schizophrenic because the patient prominently had enough symptoms of disorganized schizophrenia in addition to paranoid schizophrenic symptoms to warrant a diagnosis of undifferentiated schizophrenia.

Sometimes I think you are too smart for your own good:P

Anyway, I don't think any of the Batman movies are the best movies I've ever seen (The Dark Knight is definitely up there, though), but I'd consider them some of the best, shall we say, action movies. Hanna is probably up there as my favorite action movie on the top of my head, though. There's movies I like more then any of the Batman movies.

Actually, Inception may be higher as my favorite action movie then Hanna, but Hanna is definitely up there. The fantastic soundtrack of Hanna helps.

To be honest, my knowledge of psychology has enhanced as time has gone on in the RP. I have made incorrect diagnoses, confused terms, and made more mistakes that needed correction with future knowledge.
By Hits Holy Hand,

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:08 pm

I was tempted to have Cassie go with Tara for plot reasons, for more communicating and such (she may be coaxed into going anyway), but decided it didn't make sense to ruin how Cassie would actually respond just for the plot.
My Last.FM and RYM

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:14 am

Transoxthraxia wrote:
Costume (if any):
Abilities: Guilt Embodiment, (Alexandria can appear to a selected person what troubles them the most, however, it only appears to the selected person and Alexandria. Anyone else would just see Alexandria in her normal form.) Limited Emotion Inducement (Meaning that Alexandria can induce positive or negative emotions on people that can give them such powerful reactions to the effects that they can become incapacitated with nausea. http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Bliss_%26_Horror_Inducement)
Brief Bio: Born into a poor family, Alexandria was very bright, and could not tolerate her working-class parents and their lackluster intelligence. Instead, she created a reality for herself through reading books and began to believe that she was in fact a daughter of a rich king. Whenever someone tried to interfere with her fantasy they suddenly felt a wave of strong nausea and felt extreme nervousness for no reason. Finally, after an outburst where Alexandria nearly killed her father, she was sent to therapy at the age of fourteen to deal with her "fantasies". After two intensive years, she was considered mentally cured, however she was sent back to a highschool in her local town, where she was bullied. Nearly a year later, a local student of her high school was found dead in a gutter not far from the school with Alexandria crouched near him. She was diagnosed with her superpowers and sent to Super Hero High.

Accepted.
Last edited by Mighty Asgard on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nakarisaune
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 17, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nakarisaune » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:43 am

Yay, more villains! Everyone loves villains!
"Nakari won best WW player, awarded to the person who is best at lying." - Fratt

"I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a point with a hundred endorsements. It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what."

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:59 am

Mighty Asgard wrote:
Transoxthraxia wrote:
Costume (if any):

Accepted.

I'll be posting once I'm done with work today.

Nakarisaune wrote:Yay, more villains! Everyone loves villains!

Yay yay yay yay! Destruction and evil and stuff!
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?
In Egypt's sandy silence, all alone,
Stands a gigantic Leg, which far off throws
The only shadow that the Desert knows:—
"I am great OZYMANDIAS," saith the stone,
"The King of Kings; this mighty City shows
"The wonders of my hand." The City's gone,
Nought but the Leg remaining to disclose
The site of this forgotten Babylon.

We wonder, and some Hunter may express
Wonder like ours, when thro' the wilderness
Where London stood, holding the Wolf in chace,
He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess
What powerful but unrecorded race
Once dwelt in that annihilated place.
The Nuclear Fist wrote:Transoxthraxia confirmed for shit taste

Procastitania
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Procastitania » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:57 pm

Sorry, took a long break. Could I get a summary of what's happened since I left?

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:56 pm

Mighty Asgard, while I drink sangria and eat a watermelon, would you care to say what type of psychologist he is again?

Procastitania wrote:Sorry, took a long break. Could I get a summary of what's happened since I left?

Time got skipped several times. A person was kicked out. The Puerto Rico mission netted a teacher. Cassie gained a home and two felony crimes at large for her backstory. A new mission to an Italian island is about to begin.

Are there any questions you have to ask?
By Hits Holy Hand,

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:07 pm

Altruistic Paladins wrote:Mighty Asgard, while I drink sangria and eat a watermelon, would you care to say what type of psychologist he is again?

Procastitania wrote:Sorry, took a long break. Could I get a summary of what's happened since I left?

Time got skipped several times. A person was kicked out. The Puerto Rico mission netted a teacher. Cassie gained a home and two felony crimes at large for her backstory. A new mission to an Italian island is about to begin.

Self-defence isn't a crime, AP.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:09 pm

Altruistic Paladins wrote:Mighty Asgard, while I drink sangria and eat a watermelon, would you care to say what type of psychologist he is again?

He's a postcambrian psychologist.

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:19 pm

Camicon wrote:

Self-defence isn't a crime, AP.

I am aware of that, though the Corrian authorities would not be.
By Hits Holy Hand,

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:21 pm

Camicon wrote:Self-defence isn't a crime, AP.

I am aware of that, though the Corrian authorities would not be.

Says who?
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse