NATION

PASSWORD

The Walking Dead RP [OOC][OPEN, EP. 4 STARTED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Khelshar
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Khelshar » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:22 pm

Phonencia wrote:
Khelshar wrote:If you are from Michigan(as i think you once hinted) i will just stick to what you are saying. Fuck my opinions, i dont know much about American geography. I did not know Michigan was a state for like half a year ago, so who am i to talk? I'm Khelshar to talk...

I'd like to take this chance to point out that the lol-cold of Michigan's winter will present a large problem for the group that can be easily rectified by going to Tennessee where it is comparatively warm most of the winter.

http://www.yr.no/sted/USA/Michigan/

This is not how "cold" it usually is? How cold is the useall Michigan winter?
Nation under re-construction

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:24 pm

Khelshar wrote:
Phonencia wrote:
I'd like to take this chance to point out that the lol-cold of Michigan's winter will present a large problem for the group that can be easily rectified by going to Tennessee where it is comparatively warm most of the winter.

Like 20s usually.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Phonencia
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Phonencia » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:25 pm

Khelshar wrote:
Phonencia wrote:

The usual Michigan winter (at least this year) is too cold and snowy to be traveling and/or fighting in.
The group should relocate to the Captain's compound in Tennessee.
Unified diversity
Functioning as one body
Every part encouraged by the other
No one independent of another
Irreplaceable
Indispensable
You're incredible
Incredible...

Phonencia
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Phonencia » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:26 pm

Monfrox wrote:
Khelshar wrote:http://www.yr.no/sted/USA/Michigan/

Like 20s usually.

The lowest it's gotten in my section of Tennessee this year was like 27 or so and that was just for a few days.
Unified diversity
Functioning as one body
Every part encouraged by the other
No one independent of another
Irreplaceable
Indispensable
You're incredible
Incredible...

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:28 pm

Phonencia wrote:
Monfrox wrote:Like 20s usually.

The lowest it's gotten in my section of Tennessee this year was like 27 or so and that was just for a few days.

I said usually. Not accounting for wind chill or snowstorms. Besides, my characters will be very reluctant to leave Michigan.
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Khelshar
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Khelshar » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:31 pm

Phonencia wrote:

The usual Michigan winter (at least this year) is too cold and snowy to be traveling and/or fighting in.

Wouldnt it be better to relocate to like Dakota? Somewhat big area, alot of good soil, and not many people. The fewer zombies, the better? (Again, dont trust me too much, i dont know much about U.S geography)

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:33 pm

Khelshar wrote:
Phonencia wrote:

Wouldnt it be better to relocate to like Dakota? Somewhat big area, alot of good soil, and not many people. The fewer zombies, the better? (Again, dont trust me too much, i dont know much about U.S geography)

Yes, but just how fewer are we talking about in terms of population?

Achievement

SSTxReaper
Minister

Founded: Nov 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SSTxReaper » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:34 pm

Khelshar wrote:
Phonencia wrote:

Fuck all of that. Lets go to Mexico!!!! :D

Locate the ancient pyramids of the Mayans and live their. See problem sovled. :lol:
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."-J. Robert Oppenheimer

"Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war."-Donald Trump

"Leadership cannot really be taught. It can only be learned."-Harold S. Geneen

"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards "-Albert Einstein

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:35 pm

SSTxReaper wrote:
Khelshar wrote:Wouldnt it be better to relocate to like Dakota? Somewhat big area, alot of good soil, and not many people. The fewer zombies, the better? (Again, dont trust me too much, i dont know much about U.S geography)

Locate the ancient pyramids of the Mayans and live their. See problem sovled. :lol:

Achievement

Khelshar
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Khelshar » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:35 pm

SSTxReaper wrote:
Khelshar wrote:Wouldnt it be better to relocate to like Dakota? Somewhat big area, alot of good soil, and not many people. The fewer zombies, the better? (Again, dont trust me too much, i dont know much about U.S geography)

What about the aliens?!

On another note, cant you communicate with Thomas, Dilange? He might know what You Knee means?
Last edited by Khelshar on Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sulamalik
Minister

Founded: Apr 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sulamalik » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:36 pm

Phonencia wrote:

The problem with the compound idea is that it robs much of the conflict from the story in favour of wish fulfilment. The Walking Dead is about how regular people struggle to survive in a world that's only getting worse and probably will stay that way. There's no military or government to wisk people away and solve everyone's problems, it's all about survivial, and the lengths people will go to achieve that, even at the cost of their humanity.

This is why I'm a big supporter of the group heading south on foot, the danger and lack of resources becomes an even bigger factor as the snow begins to pile up. It makes for the RP to be more interesting, and therefore, longer lasting.
Last edited by Sulamalik on Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Freiheit Reich wrote:"Economically disadvantaged and angry urban youth music."
Is that a nicer and more modern term to use?

SSTxReaper
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby SSTxReaper » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:38 pm

Sulamalik wrote:
Phonencia wrote:

The problem with the compound idea is that it robs much of the conflict from the story in favour of wish fulfilment. The Walking Dead is about how regular people struggle to survive in a world that's only getting worse and probably will stay that way. There's no military or government to wisk people away and solve everyone's problems, it's all about survivial, and the lengths people will go to achieve that, even at the cost of their humanity.

This is why I'm a big supporter of the group heading south on foot, the danger and lack of resources becomes an even bigger factor as the snow begins to pile up. It makes for then RP to be more interesting, and therefore, longer lasting.

^^^^ This.

Also fuck the aliens. What we need to worry about when we get there is, if the place aint booby trap.

"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards "-Albert Einstein

Dilange
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Dilange » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:39 pm

Khelshar wrote:
SSTxReaper wrote:

What about the aliens?!

On another note, cant you communicate with Thomas, Dilange? He might know what You Knee means?

Dunno, hes lost in thought.

Khelshar
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Khelshar » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:46 pm

Sulamalik wrote:
Phonencia wrote:

This is why I'm a big supporter of the group heading south on foot, the danger and lack of resources becomes an even bigger factor as the snow begins to pile up. It makes for the RP to be more interesting, and therefore, longer lasting.

I'm also gonna ^^this this. I think there has already been enough easy life and military. I understand that military personnel will have a higher chance of survival because of their skills, but i think they make up kinda to much of the group. There has been alot of smooth sailing. Now it seems like finaly shits going to hell, and it should stay that way. But if we go to that compound and surive there, what will then happen? Then Episode 2 will happen again. Not that it was bad or anything, but i think we don't need an entire episode about safety again. We need to be moving. Like if the cars break down. As i said, lets go far. Tennessee isnt that far. If we get a goal that can help us in long terms, but not immedality, like Dakota, i think that will be the best. Not many live there, but it will still be challenging, with nature and everything it got, and eventual hoards of zombies passing by.

SSTxReaper
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby SSTxReaper » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:04 pm

Well guys im going away for a while. Going to play Battlefield 1942, its free right now, so you guys should download it and play with me. :p

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:05 pm

SSTxReaper wrote:Well guys im going away for a while. Going to play Battlefield 1942, its free right now, so you guys should download it and play with me. :p

*has complete edition*

Achievement

Khelshar
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Khelshar » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:11 pm

Can i post an app for a new character?

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:12 pm

Khelshar wrote:Can i post an app for a new character?

Depends on how many you have, I think. If you only have Thomas, then you can make another.

Achievement

Khelshar
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Khelshar » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:15 pm

Fuck it, i'm trying this, just to try to be involved in the rp again.

NAME: Marcus Mathiasen
NATIONALITY: Pakistani-Norwegian
RACE: Asian(indian/pakistani)
SKILLS: [Be realistic.] He is fast and good at writing and reading, knows 3 languages fluently(English, Norwegian, German). He is also physically in good shape, and knows some basic survival tricks. Not much of a fighter.
WEAPONRY: Iron pipe, Glock 19(scavanged from a dead police officer)
VEHICLE: [Once again, not everyone will own one.] Pick-up truck, found in Ann Arbor, used to escape the city.
BIOGRAPHY: [Keep it brief, but make sure it backs up how you have the weapon or vehicle you do.] Born Adil Quadir in Lahore by a prominent and rich couple, his parents moved to Oslo, Norway when he was 2 years old. The same year, his parents died in a car crash, and he was taken into a children's home. When he was 6 years old, he was picked up by a norwegian family, and they raised him. He had a hard time fitting into society, since HE IS MUTE, and therefore forged a strong relationship with his brother. He was in Ann Arbor when the outbreak started, but managed to get on the road, and is heading south, to get to the coast.
APPEARANCE:
Last edited by Khelshar on Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Dilange
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Dilange » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:40 pm

NAME: Aron Isikovich Forensfdor
NATIONALITY: Russian-American
RACE: Mixed (White/MIddle Eastern)
SKILLS: Skilled musician and excellent music reader. An expert translator and linguist, he can translate English, Russian, Hebrew, and Serbian. As for usefulness, he is a trained physician and surgeon due to his father's influence over him to become a doctor.
WEAPONRY: Butcher's cleaver, an empty APS with wooden stock and full-auto capabilities, and his oboe case (filled with oboe) that is used at last resort.
VEHICLE: He stole a United Postal Services truck from the hotel he was hiding out at.

BIOGRAPHY: Born into a middle-class family in St. Petersburg, Aron was pushed by his Jewish father to pursue his studies and become a great doctor. Aron had a love for Klezmer music which he was introduced to by his Holocaust surviving grandfather. Aron left for the United States to pursue his medical studies, as well as his love for music. He graduated from the University of Nevada in Reno with his MD. At this college, he met with a Russian-born music professor who taught him the oboe and how to play Klezmer. When the zombie outbreak happened, he escaped the campus with his professor and managed to get to the professors home. He got the butchers knife and managed to escape Nevada with him. They drove off in the professor's car to a survivor settlement on the outskirts of Chicago. He stayed there for a while until the Walkers managed to get in the prison. His professor died in the incident, and Aron took his gun as a memento to him. He escaped to Gary, Indiana where he hid in a smaller survivor settlement in a hotel. This one, however lasted even less longer than the last one, with a massive offensive taken by mercenaries. Aron took cover in a postal truck and used it to escape Indiana.

APPEARANCE:
Last edited by Dilange on Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SSTxReaper
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby SSTxReaper » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:41 pm

Monfrox wrote:
SSTxReaper wrote:Well guys im going away for a while. Going to play Battlefield 1942, its free right now, so you guys should download it and play with me. :p

*has complete edition*

So I got the full game for free.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:42 pm

SSTxReaper wrote:
Monfrox wrote:*has complete edition*

I got all the expansions, plus Vietnam. I also have a mod for it.

Achievement

SSTxReaper
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby SSTxReaper » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:44 pm

Monfrox wrote:
SSTxReaper wrote:

I got all the expansions, plus Vietnam. I also have a mod for it.

T_T Dont give a fuck.

You should add me, if you can.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:45 pm

SSTxReaper wrote:
Monfrox wrote:I got all the expansions, plus Vietnam. I also have a mod for it.

T_T Dont give a fuck.

If it sounded like I was gloating, I wasn't.

Achievement

SSTxReaper
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby SSTxReaper » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:15 pm

Monfrox wrote:
SSTxReaper wrote:
T_T Dont give a fuck.

If it sounded like I was gloating, I wasn't.

Well i rage quited on the game. It kept lagging too much.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse