NATION

PASSWORD

Murder She Screamed [NSP only]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Finium
Senator

Founded: Nov 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Murder She Screamed [NSP only]

Postby Finium » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:55 pm

Lightening crackled across the sky near Earthrise Manor in the deep south of Finium. Rain lashed at the antiquated mansion in a ravenous attempt to soak the few dry members of the household. The wind howled to the tune of some unseen conductor and the murderer sat ensconced in darkness, brooding over the crimes to come. It was a personification, both old and young, wise and foolish, protector and murderer. But the personification thrived on the paradox, the unwarranted collision of two concepts that would collide in an awesome display of nature an totally annihilate each other.
Thunder boomed and the murderer shook, the thought of water was frightening. It was fire and the rain was its enemy, best to avoid the outdoors; water everywhere.

My Dear Friends,
Baron Baen, one of the Emperor's most prestigious associates organizes annually, a dinner to celebrate our good friends, the Feather-Bellied Walrus. All of the proceeds from the evening to go directly towards the preservation of these lovely creatures an their habitats.

This year, the dinner will take place at the Baron's lovely estate in Chan; the Earthrise Manor. I encourage you all to join me for an evening of great food and an unparalleled opportunity to learn about the Feather-Bellied Walrus from our most esteemed scientist of the subject, Dr. Henry Underfluff, of the Imperial Academy of Biology.

I hope to see your there,

~ Fin

OOC: just arrive @ the house itself for time's sake and yes, someone (not you) will be murdered, so bring your magnifying glasses.
big chungus, small among us

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:44 pm

A military hummer was just starting to pull into the long road to the mansion, which seemed huge compared to anything else ever seen by the people inside. In the back seat sat Torii, shivering inside a digi-camo ACU.

"Why are we switching to these things? I like the old army uniforms much better; they were more stylish, not to mention a hell of a lot warmer."

The driver looked over his shoulder at Torii.

"Well, it's just the National Army that's switching. The Rest of the military is keeping the old dress. Besides, I like these. They're comfy, and Digi-camo kicks ass."

Torii smirked.

"I didn't say digi-camo wasn't kickass, I just said I liked the old uniforms much better. Anywho, when are we gonna be there? I believe I'm actually getting used to these international things. Much less dangerous than the war."

The Humvee arrived, the rain lashing out at Torii, who brought an umbrella with her. She and her driver, along with two other passengers, came to the door and knocked. Torii looked over to her partner, Kristina Reznov, who had been ordered to accompany her on this meeting.

"Oh yea", said Torii, "Remember, Kristi: Try not to destroy anything."
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

The New Lowlands
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Lowlands » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:12 pm

The BMW 760LI skimmed in almost absolute silence over the wet, rain-pattered road towards the mansion. Inside it sat a young woman and equally young man; the man, as such things go, was behind the wheel; he wore light clothing, a long-sleeved shirt, a pair of baggy jeans, and comfortable sneakers. A dark brown leather jacket was draped on him, less than sufficient protection from the rain. Short, slightly scruffy brown hair was on top of his head.
The woman, slightly more dark-skinned, was dressed in what came across as a modern dress uniform. Her long brown hair cascaded over the foliage green jacket, combined with a white blouse and a surprisingly tasteful red tie.

Lightning rolled and thundered in the sky, and a girlish voice let out a little squeal.

"Oh, stop being such a girl," a voice drawled, clearly annoyed.

"Easy for you to say!"

Anya, the female personification of the New Lowlands, shot her contemporary Australia a dark look.

"And what do you mean by that?"

Oz whimpered again, turning his eyes back to the road. The car continued without error. Anya still glared at him.

"What?" Oz managed to stutter as they raced down the slick road. Anya sighed;

"You ate at that 'Crispy Crème' place, didn't you?" She murmured, her anger subsiding only slightly to annoyance.

Oz shook his head fiercely. "D-don't be silly; you told me not to!"

"Right." Anya muttered. She wet her thumb with her tongue lightly, brushing it against his face to take away the more obvious crumbs.

Oz turned bright pink, but to his credit kept his eyes on the road for the whole process until Anya leaned back into her seat again. "Wh-what was that?" He said softly, glancing at her intermittently as he drove.

Anya professed innocence; "What was what?"

"That."

"Oh, I got rid of the crumbs on your face."

"And, uh, was that the only thing you were trying to do?"

"Of course."

Oz sighed.

Anya was smart; he knew that. She could set up a fission generator with a few blocks of concrete, a steady flow of water, and a few nano-angstroms worth of uranium. What Oz had gradually come to realize was that she was also, in some ways, incredibly stupid.

For the past few weeks, he'd been showering her with presents on Philippe's orders. Champagne, flowers, tickets to various performances. So far, the closest he'd gotten to an intentional romantic gesture is the fact that she could now tolerate smiling in his presence.

So when he'd received the invitation to the Walrus Dinner or whatever-it-was, he'd jumped at the chance; after all, Anya absolutely adored seals, and walruses were a type of seal, right?

His response had been a raised eyebrow and a hesitant 'Alright.'

He glanced at Anya from quickly. It had still been better than any response so far.

In quietude, the two of them arrived, the car sliding smoothly in front of the great mansion. Oz zipped up his jacket; Anya tied the buttons on hers. With a dual nod, the two stepped out, slammed the doors, and hurried to the relative safety of being next to the house.

Divitaen
Senator

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Divitaen » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:16 pm

Divitaen was, as usual, working on new financial plans when he was interrupted by the message from the honourable Baron Baen. He was confused. "Hmm...so the personifications are meeting for a charity dinner. I see. I was never really fond of environmental conservation, and I very much disapprove of such conservation messages, but still, I must give the impression that I care about the ecology and other nonsense, so I guess I must attend. Sirrah!" The servants were poised and ordered to prepare transport.

Divitaen entered the Rolls Royce Phantom with two of his servants, and discussed schedules and meeting times. He prepared a check of a modest sum of a few million Almas that would qualify for generous. He gave instructions to drive towards the estate of Chan, as he picked up a book and flipped through information after information on the Feather-Bellied Walrus. "I was never particularly fond of dumb animals and their random extinctions, but I suppose one must contribute to helping animals once in a while." He leafed through information on Dr. Henry Underfluff, all the while until the car pulled over before the mansion of Earthrise Manor of Baron Baen. "Thank you."

He got out and bowed towards the servants of the Baron as he entered the mansion.
Hillary Clinton 2016! Stronger Together!
EU Referendum: Vote Leave = Project Hate #VoteRemain!
Economic Right/Left: -8.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.15
Foreign Policy Non-interventionist/Neo-conservative: -10.00
Cultural Liberal/Conservative: -10.00
Social Democrat:
Cosmopolitan/Nationalistic - 38%
Secular/Fundamentalist - 50%
Visionary/Reactionary - 56%
Anarchistic/Authoritarian - 24%
Communistic/Capitalistic - 58%
Pacifist/Militarist - 39%
Ecological/Anthropocentric - 55%

The New Lowlands
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Lowlands » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:21 pm

Oz and Anya hurried into the mansion, out of the rain, slightly wetter for the experience and both in a slightly worse mood. They remained quiet; Oz shivered, and in a simple gesture, Anya took off her jacket and draped it on his shoulders.

"It's not that bad..." Oz said through chattering teeth, hair drenched. Anya softly shook her head, mildly amused.

"Swank place this, isn't it?" she murmured, observing the interior of the mansion.

They observed as Divitaen entered, both remaining quite silent in the serenity of the room. With a little apprehension, Oz took off Anya's jacket and helped her back into it. She remained stubbornly silent as she shrugged it back on, completing her suit once more.

Finium
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Finium » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:03 pm

One Mr. Jamison Frimp was butler and the one held responsible for the opening and closing of the main door, he was also one of the most bitter men to found in the province. He was tall and lumbering, ridiculously spiked sideburns bristled like tusks from either side of his face and a pair of overly bushing eyebrows hung over his forehead in a perpetual display of disappointment. When he finally arrived at the atrium, he found five exceptionally wet nations lounging about on the checkered floor. He emerged from behind a row of marble columns with such a display of indignation that he might have scared a walrus.

"Ah yes, M'lords, M'ladies. I trust you are all the expected personifications for this evening's event?" He left the question hanging just long enough that someone might have answered before blundering on. Well then, since you have obviously let yourselves in, I will take your coats then show you to the east parlor where M'lord Finium and his associates await.

He clomped around and collected those jackets that needed collecting before craning his head to the expansive skylight above them and letting off a horrendous screech "MRS. PARRISH!!!"

A lady, bent double with age hobbled out from the opposite side of the room and stumbled to Frimp, who pompously dumped the coats on her; while she muttered all the while " 'm not deaf as all that... should've just arsked... who put yew in charge anyways... She made her exit and Frimp began the long trek through the mansion to the east wing.

As they walked, they passed an array of ancient regalia; swords from the Gaulish wars, rifles from the Indian campaigns, and of course the obligatory stuffed heads from various African expeditions. There was room after room, painting of long forgotten people and assorted mirrors placed above random bureaus and side tables. After thee lefts, two rights and at least seventeen pauses from Frimp to point out some vitally important character portrayed along the wall, they arrived at a set of mahogany doors. The double door had a sagging banner from at least thirty years ago draped forlornly across the entrance, it read; Ye Baron Baene Meete af der Walruse. The banner confirmed that this house at least predated modern English, if not humanity itself. Frimp threw open the doors and announced,

"The first guests this evening M'lords."

Arrayed before the guests was a selection of Finain elite who stared with hard eyes, the firelight casting cruel shadows on their faces. From the back came a movement and Finium himself came into view.

"Why Torii, we haven't talked since the conference! Who is this lovely young lady you've brought with you? And Anya! What a gentleman you've landed. Is it Divitaen? Of course it must be, I'd recognize that face from your application anywhere!"
Fin said working his way down the line with greetings and warm handshakes. As he greeted each one, the mood softened, until finally the parlor was a room of warmth and cheery conversation again.

"Now then, names and faces. This is Baron Bæn, Minster Foulgrin, Governor Phrixis, Dr. Plinkus, General Glozing, Ambassador Frumpart..." Finium began naming names faster than anyone could follow, attempting integrate all of the nations in conversation as quickly as possible. "Please, make yourselves at home!"

The New Lowlands
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Lowlands » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:15 pm

[OOC: The butler did it.]
Anya and Oz both seemed slightly unnerved by the series of artefacts they'd been exposed to; nonetheless, Anya only just managed to get a word in as Finium spoke; it wasn't spoken in loud protest, simply a quiet clarification.

"He's not-"

Fin began speaking again, cutting her off. She glanced at Oz. The other personification was looking dejected; it was like a puppy that she'd kicked. She felt her stomach turn to ice; they'd already been through this. It didn't need to happen again.

The two of them listened closely as Finium shot off a series of names which, for the life of them, they couldn't follow. At the end of it, Anya decided to speak, directing her question at Finium.

"So, how are you?"

It was the dreaded ice-breaker.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:08 pm

Torii waited until Finn was done with the names before she spoke up, giving a small bow.

"This is Flight Lieutenant Kritsina Reznov, Air Force. She's to accompany me here. Oh, and don't worry; She's a good guest.". Kristi was fidgeting, trying not to freak out at how lavish the place seemed to her. Torii's eyes shifted to her, then back to Finium.

"This is a wonderful mansion you have here. It's reminds me greatly of the General's mansion back home."
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Divitaen
Senator

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Divitaen » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:45 pm

Divitaen listened as the names were read out, and then bowed to the Lord Finium himself. "Thank you, sir, for inviting us to your magnificent abode for this glorious event!"

He turned around and admired the amazing architecture, as grand as the palace of the Crown Prince of Lacertus.
Hillary Clinton 2016! Stronger Together!
EU Referendum: Vote Leave = Project Hate #VoteRemain!
Economic Right/Left: -8.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.15
Foreign Policy Non-interventionist/Neo-conservative: -10.00
Cultural Liberal/Conservative: -10.00
Social Democrat:
Cosmopolitan/Nationalistic - 38%
Secular/Fundamentalist - 50%
Visionary/Reactionary - 56%
Anarchistic/Authoritarian - 24%
Communistic/Capitalistic - 58%
Pacifist/Militarist - 39%
Ecological/Anthropocentric - 55%

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:53 pm

(ooc: bump)

Torii looked over to Divitaen, interested.

"Aw, yes, the Palace. I do hear that it is marvelous. Indeed probably even grander than our capitol building."
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Finium
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Finium » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:30 pm

"Ah Anya, every year I love it escape from the hubbub in Hallsind and come to this place, I grew here you know. I ran in these halls, whispered secrets in the corners and plotted in basement. When this place was built, I was being brought up by the Federated Council, so many years ago, they were wealthier than Solomon the Wise and they erected this mansion as a testament to their greatness."

Fin looked out at all the gathered dignitaries of the nation and felt a few tears well up, a lomg way from his eyes, somewhere in the bottom of his toes, but tears no the less. Fin loved the greatness of the empire, but sometimes, he wished for the wealth and simplicity of the old ways.

"I love the empire Anya, but this was my first home."

Divitaen and Torii had unwittingly opened a box of the parandoric variety. Imperial Chael, an ancient fossil of some long conquered realm, was well versed in the affairs of architecture. He shuffled closer to the marveling pair and raised his bushy eyebrows to their fully extended position.
"Yes, it is quite remarkable, as I recall, it was built around 1475, during the height of the Finain Trade Empire. The Imperial Palace in Hallsind was patterned after this mansion, but the intricacies of this place could not be captured without the artisan's careful attention."
He looked at and lowered his eyebrows to their normal height.
"Chael, Imperial Chael." He said offering a hand, "Subservient to M'lord Finium and long time supporter of the Empire. I helped build this place in the early years."

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates