NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Commend Todd McCloud

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Enn
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 26, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Enn » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:00 pm

Topid wrote:What is ironic about the statement he is making is:
GA: "No fair! You getting to many turnz!!! We want to pass useless crap now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1"
SC: "Sure go ahead, you can go next if you want."
GA: "Weeeeeeeeeell, it's the holidays, and I don't want to anything NOW... I just don't want you to do anything either so that it's fair."

After going through a dozen AT VOTES with GAers complaining we got a turn, I think I'll start making some appearances in GA threads... >:(

I hope you realise both that my post was tongue-in-cheek, and also that I am not The Magic Spirit. I also haven't been complaining about the large number of quorate SC proposals.
I know what gay science is.
Reploid Productions wrote:The World Assembly as a whole terrifies me!
Pythagosaurus wrote:You are seriously deluded about the technical competence of the average human.

Topid
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:03 pm

Enn wrote:
GA: "No fair! You getting to many turnz!!! We want to pass useless crap now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1"
GA: "Weeeeeeeeeell, it's the holidays, and I don't want to anything NOW... I just don't want you to do anything either so that it's fair."

After going through a dozen AT VOTES with GAers complaining we got a turn, I think I'll start making some appearances in GA threads... >:(

I hope you realise both that my post was tongue-in-cheek, and also that I am not The Magic Spirit. I also haven't been complaining about the large number of quorate SC proposals.

Lol just assumed he responded and didn't check name.
AKA Weed

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:21 pm

There had apparently been a lapse in security at the Security Council that day; at least that is what Secretariat members might have said had they seen who was presently walking the halls unmolested. The young, muscular, dark-skinned man -- the only person to be Banned for Life from the World Assembly, for allegedly destroying its predecessor -- scoffed as he beheld the overambitious post-modern architecture of the three-walled crystal cathedral that housed the WA's spinoff show; he couldn't quite understand why everyone he met insisted on calling him "Ambassador." Losers.

The Topid "ambassador" had just completed his rant when the wild-eyed Kennyite appeared in the entryway to the Security Council's main chamber wearing an ominous trench coat. Determinedly the intruder charged to the center of the arena and held up his arm to address the shocked assembly:

"I am Susa Batko-Yovino, and I am a servant of Almighty God," he announced with a booming voice, and instantly frightened, screaming attendees to the "debate" began clearing the hall, some at hearing the name, some at the alarming tone in his voice, some at realizing that the object he held in his upraised hand was a detonator. Susa opened his trench coat to reveal a suicide vest draped over his broad shoulders. He smiled with an awful sneer as he watched many others in the chamber begin to scramble for the exits. He could see the Player behind the Nation of Mad Sheep Railgun laughing his ass off at the stunt as he slipped into an emergency exit, setting off the fire alarm.

Angrily the Unibotian representative rose from his chair. "Really, Ambassador, this is most unbecoming," he snapped at the Kennyite.

"Dammit, stop calling me Ambassador, jerkoff!" Susa bellowed as he brought the detonator closer to his chest.

<click>

*KABOOM!!*

The television cameras kept rolling outside the towering headquarters of the Security Council when the deafening explosion went off inside, and pillars of black smoke began to issue from newly formed cracks in the three walls.

From the safety of his post in the TV room in the Kennyite WA office suite, Jimmy beheld the chaos at SC headquarters. He seized a handful of popcorn and crammed it into his mouth. "Man, I love this show," he said with his mouth still full.

Suddenly, the door opened, and there stood the ex-ambassador from the Federal Republic, breathing heavily, sopping wet, yet still blackened with soot and smoke from the explosion. "If anyone asks, I'm not here," he barked at his former deputy and turned back toward the hall, intending to search for clean clothes in another room.

"Ambassador," Jimmy exclaimed with surprise. "You're alive! But I just saw you commit suicide at the Security Council!"

"That's a television show, retard!" Susa replied with disdain. "The Security Council isn't real."
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Topid
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:37 pm

:meh:
^ My official position on a terrorist attack at the "SC Building"... If all these players who think they are "ambassadors" to these billions of citizens in their nations (which I can only assume are multiple personalities of the delusional player) are killed off, we can go ahead with our pro-OOC movements.

And by all means, if someone claims to be an ambassador to Topid, kill him off for me. ;)
AKA Weed

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:43 pm

Topid wrote: :meh:
^ My official position on a terrorist attack at the "SC Building"... If all these players who think they are "ambassadors" to these billions of citizens in their nations (which I can only assume are multiple personalities of the delusional player) are killed off, we can go ahead with our pro-OOC movements.

And by all means, if someone claims to be an ambassador to Topid, kill him off for me. ;)

Such a dull reply to such a hilarious post.

*Nods off.*
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:50 pm

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:

There had apparently been a lapse in security at the Security Council that day; at least that is what Secretariat members might have said had they seen who was presently walking the halls unmolested. The young, muscular, dark-skinned man -- the only person to be Banned for Life from the World Assembly, for allegedly destroying its predecessor -- scoffed as he beheld the overambitious post-modern architecture of the three-walled crystal cathedral that housed the WA's spinoff show; he couldn't quite understand why everyone he met insisted on calling him "Ambassador." Losers.

The Topid "ambassador" had just completed his rant when the wild-eyed Kennyite appeared in the entryway to the Security Council's main chamber wearing an ominous trench coat. Determinedly the intruder charged to the center of the arena and held up his arm to address the shocked assembly:

"I am Susa Batko-Yovino, and I am a servant of Almighty God," he announced with a booming voice, and instantly frightened, screaming attendees to the "debate" began clearing the hall, some at hearing the name, some at the alarming tone in his voice, some at realizing that the object he held in his upraised hand was a detonator. Susa opened his trench coat to reveal a suicide vest draped over his broad shoulders. He smiled with an awful sneer as he watched many others in the chamber begin to scramble for the exits. He could see the Player behind the Nation of Mad Sheep Railgun laughing his ass off at the stunt as he slipped into an emergency exit, setting off the fire alarm.

Angrily the Unibotian representative rose from his chair. "Really, Ambassador, this is most unbecoming," he snapped at the Kennyite.

"Dammit, stop calling me Ambassador, jerkoff!" Susa bellowed as he brought the detonator closer to his chest.

<click>

*KABOOM!!*

The television cameras kept rolling outside the towering headquarters of the Security Council when the deafening explosion went off inside, and pillars of black smoke began to issue from newly formed cracks in the three walls.

From the safety of his post in the TV room in the Kennyite WA office suite, Jimmy beheld the chaos at SC headquarters. He seized a handful of popcorn and crammed it into his mouth. "Man, I love this show," he said with his mouth still full.

Suddenly, the door opened, and there stood the ex-ambassador from the Federal Republic, breathing heavily, sopping wet, yet still blackened with soot and smoke from the explosion. "If anyone asks, I'm not here," he barked at his former deputy and turned back toward the hall, intending to search for clean clothes in another room.

"Ambassador," Jimmy exclaimed with surprise. "You're alive! But I just saw you commit suicide at the Security Council!"

"That's a television show, retard!" Susa replied with disdain. "The Security Council isn't real."

The Old Man looks up at the screen from this month's issue of "Time Wasted Monthly" and watches the drama ensue. After hearing Susa's comment in the background of the conference call with the few remaining ambassadors still debating the latest episode of "The Security Council," "Commend Todd McCloud," the Old Man leans over to his phone, currently on speaker, and yells,

"Well, Susa, entertainment is the only thing we hear about on the news these days."
Last edited by A mean old man on Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Todd McCloud » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:03 pm

People have asked me why I didn't respond in this thread during the vote (and prior to it). I believe it's kind of important to "butt-out" and sort of let the writers and whatever debate over it. It's more or less the honorable thing to do - to remain silent throughout the process and, if asked, just respond with "no comment".

That aside, people have brought up some points that I didn't really think about. The teetering balance between raider and defender in this C&C is apparent - I've done a lot more as a raider, and what I did in defenses was pretty much a minor footnote (The Slavic Alliance did defend, but only to protect regions from the likes of Macedon (then called "Makedonija") and Illuminati, which at that time had a fair share of regions featuring the Mason's pyramid with some Illuminati sayings). But, the fact that it wasn't mentioned in this C&C stems from two reasons: 1) I was given the draft to look at via the SC forums, but didn't say anything since it was finals week and NS had to take a back seat role, so I pretty much skimmed it and gave it an OK, and 2) While I do personally believe raiders have every right to be commended for their actions *just as* defenders do, the facts of how Fox Rite took down many regions, including the SFBA, would be a difficult one to commend in this body. So this isn't the fault of those who wrote this - they did a damn fine job and I'm thankful for their works and efforts, especially since, for years, some of the co-writers of this C&C were mutual mortal enemies with me prior to retirement. They're quite good at what they do, and I'm very thankful.

Raiding is a different world, and I do like some of Mean Old Man's points. Maybe eventually raiders will be seen in this body for what they work at, not necessarily what they work for. But that's not only up to this body; it's up to the current raiders who are in the game right now, because they have the power to change that stigma. I've said it many times: one of the hardest things to do in the game is be a raider commander. It's... at least three times harder than being a feeder delegate, in my opinion, and is a responsibility - both organizationally and moralistically - that is tough to carry. So while the C&C only hints at what I did as a raider (and *does* mention Fox Rite, thankfully, lol), it and the endeavors I and the rest of the people at FR went through will have to remain sacred to me. Please note that I am not disappointed that the C&C doesn't delve into that part of my career - it is understood, and it shouldn't be something that is scorned at. After all, this is a step in the right direction. The C&C mentions my raiding prowess - it is a huge victory for those who *do* work their rears off in that part of the game. May it not be the last.

I am very thankful for all the hard work put into this, the debate, and for the voters who voted, both against and for. As what I've learned with being the delegate in TEP, democracy can be a beautiful thing when it is uncorrupted, and I'm glad it reached the floor, even if it wouldn't have passed. Thanks, all.

And now I'm done boasting, glossing over topics, etc. I guess if there's one thing I'd have to say, it'd be this: You must be the change you want to see in the world. Actually, I'll edit that: You must be the change you want to see in the NS world. There we go.
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Yelda
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 04, 2004
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Yelda » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:07 pm

Foreign Minister Quynn Olver and Former UN Ambassador Aüþgæþ Spøtyiú are sitting in Spøtyiú's office, watching The World Assembly.

Topid wrote::meh:

Quynn Olver: "I love it when the ones that are playing 'real people' get all threatened and agitated by the ones that are playing 'ambassadors'. It adds a certain...tension to the show. "

Aüþgæþ Spøtyiú: "Are you sure that wasn't real? It looked like a real explosion and Susa is nuts so I wouldn't put something like that past him. Think we should contact the Kennyites? See if Susa has taken to blowing up TV studios?"

Quynn Olver: *chuckling* "Nah. C'mon Aüþgæþ, it's just special effects. Gimmee' another beer, the commercials are about over. I hope they go to that Liberate Utopia 'debate' next."
The Yeldan People's Democratic Republic

Ideological Bulwark #40
Another HotRodian puppet

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives