NATION

PASSWORD

World Cup 62 - The RP thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mapletish
Minister

Founded: Feb 26, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

The Daring Escape

Postby Mapletish » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:44 am

Trying to do something different from a match report.

The Daring Escape

There comes a vast countryside of greens, in front of the magnificent castle that stands. The hustle and bustle of the town square could be felt a few metres away from the castle, as traders moved in and out of the grilled gates that left a portion open.

Castle guards patrolled the area outside and the a wooden watchtower stood near the castle gates and always an archer on standby to be on watch for any danger that might strike in an instance or two.

A young man dressed in grey robes, holding onto his horse with his right hand while the left hand was occupied with his staff walked towards the castle gates. He looked mysterious and an armoured man ran towards the direction of the castle guards and informed them of the situation.

One of the castle guard on duty turned towards his direction and alerted the other guards about the young man's presence. Their eyes followed his every move and a castle guard approached him.

"Hey you young man in the poor man's robes, halt before I take any action,' the castle guard on duty yelled as a mysterious young man in robes walked pass the castle gates with a horse in his hand as he kept his head low whenever possible.

The castle guard approach him and gasped, "Young man, show your face."

The young man did as he was told and kept his headdress on, as his hands shifted to ensure that the sight of his sword hanging near his waist wasn't visible. Little was known about this man but his presence could be felt.

"May I know what are you here for?' the castle guard inquired.

" A visit, sir" the young man spoke in a deep voice.

" Of what purpose?'' the castle guard inquired further.

" Trading purposes, kind sir'' , the young man replied.

The castle guard fidgeted a little asked, '' May I do a little spot-check on you?'

The young man stayed low for awhile, he thought, " If he were to know that I have a weapon with me, I'm dead. "

" Young man, if you aren't going to answer, I'm going to take it as a yes from you, silence means consent, am I right?'' the castle guard started to inch closer to the young man in robes.

The young man put a foot back and nodded. The castle guard began his work and found nothing suspicious, the young man heaved a sigh of relief and cold sweat was already forming on his forehead, but he kept his head low and proceed towards the castle gate, bowing as a sign of respect to the other castle guards as he walked past them.

The young man got onto his horse and sped through the town towards the last street at the edge of the town where a tavern could be found. He handed his horse to the stable boy just outside of the tavern where horses of different visitors to the tavern were kept and the stable boy carefully marked out the horse with a feather given to him by the young man. The young man opened the doors to the tavern and walked towards a older man in robes sitting in front of the tavern assistant, and he signaled for the young man to go upstairs.

Both found a seat at the second level of the tavern and the older man offered the young man with a cup of beverage.

" Must be hard on you to come right here from the start, traveling through the mountains and braving mountain bandits on your way here, Kahne." the older man begin.

" You bet Sir Harley, it has been quite difficult to shake off those little big fat man with huge tummies at the gates this days, in those days a few bits of coins can solve it, now they can even go around with the touchy couchy1,'' Kahne replied the older man.

" You are right young man, now my objective for ...'' the conversation was cut short when a dry flock2 captain went up to the table with a scroll on his hand.

" Bad news, Sir,'' the dry flock captain gasped as he let his catch his breath.

"What is it Captain, something wrong outside?' Sir Harley asked.

'' Yes Sir, the tavern is now surrounded by infantry from the Empire's Army3. If we don't go now, we could be captured." the Captain spoke hurriedly.

He led the way for Sir Harley and Kahne as they tried to escape from the tavern, "What about the horse, Sir?" Kahne asked out of curiosity.

" Forget about the horse, young man, your life is more than important for now." the Captain turned his head and replied the young man following close to his tracks.

Kahne nodded and followed the Captain towards the attic. " Are you sure there's an escape route towards the attic, Mr Captain?'' Sir Harley asked.

"I'm very sure there is, a ladder at the back of the attic maybe," the Captain assured him.

They reached the underside of the attic door and the Captain pulled out a ladder from a secret compartment as they ascend the ladder towards the attic, the Captain then removed the ladder and threw it inside the attic and closed the attic door.

" Do not speak, their Sires," the Captain whispered.

" See that window over there?" the Captain pointed towards the other end of the attic and he led the other two men over as he checked for any soldiers.

" It is clear now, come on follow me and hurry up, those fatty 'tards are always on their toes." the Captain warned.

Touchy couchy1 - A kind of spot check in which the castle guard will feel the clothes for any suspicious objects sticking out.
Dry flock2 - A slang used in Mapletish which meant the place where weapons are made.
Empire's Army3 - It meant the Great Empire's Army. The Great Empire was the name used for Mapletish Alternative Earth's the fearsome Roman Empire.
Last edited by Mapletish on Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Minuscule Nation Mapletish
Pop. 65,000,000 | Capital: Struggait City| Demonym: Maplish/Mapletian| Trigramme: MAP
First - WLC 24, DBC 43, XIV Winter Olympics Second - WCoH 22, RUWC 23, CR 24 Third- BoF 44, HWC 11, WCoH 20, WCoH 21, DBC 49 Fourth - U15WC9, RLWC12, CR 14
Qualified for WC 64, 66
www.unionsports.map
Proudly contributing my triumph's to the glorification of the greater whole!

West Angola
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 15, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby West Angola » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:36 am

(OOC Note: John Usiak does not like Jacob Kerys, and will bring him down at any opportunity. Kerys isn't the best keeper, but Usiak's opinions are not to be considered an accurate account of his abilities.)

WEST ANGOLAN MATCH COVERAGE: (#66) WEST ANGOLA AT (#38) PHOENIGETUZSTHA

Pre-Match: Good evening ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to tonight's edition of the West Angolan Sporting Network. This evening we'll be bringing you all the action in West Angola's crucial match against Phoenigetuzstha. This one is a must-win for West Angola as they seek to bounce back from their controversial loss to The FSSO in the last matchday, as well as regain steam for their qualifying campaign. If West Angola wins tonight, they will take second place in the group away from Phoenigetuzstha and gain a two-point cushion over said team, which could prove critical in the late stages of qualifying. This will definitely be a tough match for West Angola to win, don't get me wrong, but I think they can do it. This team is all heart, and they showed they can pull upsets back at the Cup of Harmony, defeating Stachland and Sagueais en route to their first knockout round berth in team history. I'm going to say look for West Angola to surprise a lot of people tonight, maybe even come away with a big win. Let's now go live to our in-stadium correspondent John Usiak, who will be bringing you all the action tonight live from Phoenigetuzstha. John?

Thank you Mike, it's certainly looking like an exciting match, with both sets of fans fired up and ready to go. This one should be close, there's a lot of emotion on both sides. As we get ready to start the match, every fan watching this game is on the edge of his or her seat, and hoping desperately to see their team win.

25th Minute: West Angola is definitely playing with all the spirit, Mike. The middles have been carving up Phoenigetuzstha's defense, and West Angola's own defense is looking back to form, much better than they played against "The FSSO." The only thing keeping this match scoreless right now is a determined effort by Phoenigetuzstha's keeper, Durius Gahlbar, and the forward's inability to find the net. Right now, the momentum is all on West Angola's side, and if Larssen or McDaniels finds his spark, we could see this game turn into a blowout very quickly. West Angola has not allowed a shot on goal yet, which is very good for Jacob Kerys, who mainly doesn't allow goals because the defense doesn't let shots get off. That said, he did make a key save against High Heels to preserve the win at the very edge of stoppage time, and actually saved a fair number of shots during the woeful defensive display against "The FSSO." We should see a goal within the next few minutes, Mike, West Angola is creating all the opportunities so far.

45th Minute: Well, there's the halftime whistle, Mike. I don't think I've ever been happier to see a half come to an end than tonight. Despite owning the match for about the first thirty minutes, West Angola began to lost momentum after that. Phoenigetuzstha stepped up their attack, which relieved a lot of pressure on the defense and allowed them to regroup. West Angola's defense kept up a dogged effort, but they were quite obviously on the verge of their breaking point by the time the whistle blew. Jacob Kerys did manage to make a couple of saves, which is a pleasant surprise, he usually can't save a word document. West Angola needs to find their rhythm again in the second half, or this game could slip away completely. If Phoenigetuzstha keeps up the attack the way they did for the latter part of the first half, this could very easily turn into a score those in West Angola have nightmares about.

73rd Minute: Michael Larssen scores! Bomilqart Varitiibal moved off his line to early, and Larssen tapped in a crucial goal! The team came out much more spirited in the second half, and ripped Phoenigetuzstha's defense apart many times, much as they had in the early stages of the match. Durius Gahlbar and Bomilqart Varitiibal did an excellent job of keeping the ball out of the net for much of the second half, but Larssen's goal puts West Angola up 1-nil in a match they desperately need to win. The small contingent of West Angolan fans in the stadium are definitely rowdy, chanting Larssen's name as well as those of Rory Unist and Michael Remonav, both of whom have been the keystone for this defense as it props up Jacob Kerys and keeps him from being replaced due to poor stats. West Angola now controls a narrow lead, and if their defense can keep up the effort they've displayed so far, Phoenigetuzstha will be unable to equalize.

78th Minute: James McDaniels has just left the pitch, Mike. He was completely turned around by an excellent steal Darius Pulitor and twisted his ankle as he fell. It's unclear how long he'll be incapacitated, but his loss will be felt by all the West Angolan faithful, who, following team tradition, knelt in the stands as the team knelt on the field, and all prayed a Chaplet of Divine Mercy for McDaniels as well as for all those suffering from injury or illness. McDaniels did leave somewhat under his own power, he wasn't able to put much weight on his right ankle, so we'll have to wait and see how long it will take him to recover, as well as how long it takes the team to recover from the loss of such a key player. It's really a shame it couldn't have happened to Jacob Kerys, maybe we'd have actually improved as a result.

84th Minute: Michael Larssen scores his second goal of the night! Christopher Thorpe deftly outmaneuvered Ahuran Jatumi and allowed Larssen to break through to put West Angola up 2-nil. The West Angolan fans have grown louder and louder with each successive goal, and are now almost as loud as the Phoenigetuzsthan fans here tonight. With that cushion goal, West Angola puts themselves firmly in the driver's seat, and should come away with a victory barring a major collapse on the part of their defense, which so far has looked very much like they will protect Kerys stat sheet for the entire ninety minutes, plus stoppage. This will be a huge win for West Angola if they can come away with it, and the entire nation will go crazy if we can pull off the upset!

96th Minute: There's the final whistle, Mike! West Angola has just upset Phoenigetuzstha 2-0 in their own stadium! The team has mobbed Michael Larssen, whose two goals were the deciding factor, and Phillip Garren just got a Gatorade bath from Isaac Warren and Rory Unist. He looks a might wet, and it is rather chilly tonight, but no one cares, not even him. West Angola has just won an enormous victory, and takes firm control of second place for the World Cup. Hopefully the team can capitalize on this with subsequent wins, and not see themselves upset by Union Isle or another low-ranked team they need to beat easily to qualify. Well, with that win, we are all done here. For all those here at the West Angolan Sporting Network, I'd like to say goodnight and God bless, and Hurrah for the Yellow-and-Blue!

NAMIBE REGISTER

MATCH PREVIEW: (#66) WEST ANGOLA VS. (#144) UNION ISLE

West Angola:

World Rank: 66

Baptism of Fire 45: 3-1-1, 3rd in Group
World Cup 58: 4-4-8 in Qualifying Stage, 7th in Group
World Cup 59: 5-2-5 in Qualifying Stage, 5th in Group
World Cup 60: 8-1-5 in Qualifying Stage, 3rd in Group
World Cup 61: 5-4-6 in Qualifying Stage, 4th in Group
Cup of Harmony 50: 1-1-1, 3rd in Group
Cup of Harmony 51: 0-1-2, 4th in Group
Cup of Harmony 53: 2-1-0, 1st in Group, Lost in Round of 16 to The Archregimancy 0-1

Union Isle:

World Ranking: 144

Previous Appearances:

Baptism of Fire 48: 3-1-1, 1st in Group, Lost in Finals to Zandistan 0-2
World Cup 61: 4-1-11, 8th in Group

Our Analysis: West Angola is coming off one of the biggest wins in team history, and the adrenaline letdown might get to them here. If the team takes Union Isle for granted, or is looking past them to the match against Free South Califas, we could very easily see an upset here. However, if West Angola play true to form, we should see another win for the Yellow-and-Blue as they try to qualify for the World Cup Proper for the first time in team history.

Our Prediction: West Angola 1, Union Isle 0

West Angolan Match Schedule:
1. vs. Charruterra (265) W 4-0
2. at Birolika (324) W 2-0
3. vs. High Heels (226) W 1-0
4. vs. The FSSO (5) L 0-3
5. at Phoenigetuzstha (38) W 2-0
6. vs. Union Isle (144)
7. at Free South Califas (95)
Off-Day
8. at Charruterra (265)
9. vs. Birolika (324)
10. at High Heels (226)
11. at The FSSO (5)
12. vs. Phoenigetuzstha (38)
13. at Union Isle (144)
14. vs. Free South Califas (95)

Won (4) Lost (1) Drawn (0) Should Win (6) Might Win (1) Toss-Up (0) Might Lose (1) Should Lose (1)
Should Win denotes 85%-100% Chance of Winning, Might Win denotes 61%-84%, Toss-Up denotes 45%-60%, Might Lose denotes 31%-44%, and Should Lose denotes 0%-30%

Projected Final Record: 11-0-3
Projected Group Finish: 2nd

Group Five Standings:

Group 5                                  Pld   W   D   L   GF   GA   GD   Pts 
1 The FSSO 5 5 0 0 14 3 11 15
2 West Angola 5 4 0 1 9 3 6 12
3 Phoenigetuzstha 5 3 1 1 15 5 10 10
4 Union Isle 5 3 1 1 12 10 2 10
5 Free South Califas 5 1 2 2 10 10 0 5
6 High Heels 5 1 1 3 8 11 -3 4
7 Birolika 5 0 1 4 2 14 -12 1
8 Charruterra 5 0 0 5 2 16 -14 0
Last edited by West Angola on Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:59 am, edited 4 times in total.
Economic Left/Right: -4.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.95
Fourth Place: Cup of Harmony 59; Runner-Up: Cup of Harmony 55; Champion: Cup of Harmony 57

Birolika
Envoy

Founded: Jun 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Birolika » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:59 am

The score came through in an e-mail to the sports office in Birolika and the words "ARSE CAKES" echoed away into the night. This voice belonged to a certain James Brick, he was head of the new football committee. They had lost 5-0 to the Union Isles in what was supposed to be a draw-able game. The support had been terrible at the game, in fact only 1,500 Biroliks made their way to the Union Isles to watch the game and there were only about 500 by half-time and by full time there were 10. He walked made a telephone call to the manager:

"What's going on?"

"Well I'm in my hotel room and I have no cloth..."

"NO! I mean the game" James stopped him before he could go any futher, he always went to far.

"Oh right, well they lost."

"I know that."

"They lost 5-0."

"I know that as well, why did they lose like that?"

"Because Union Isles scored more goals."

"No I mean what is the underlying reason we lost so badly."

"Oh right, well they conceded a couple and their heads went down."

"So it's a confidence thing?"

"Maybe, to be honest they ran circles around us after the first ten minutes."

"What can we do to change it then?"

"It would help if we had more fans"

"That isn't going to happen unless you pull some wins out of the bag."

"Fair enough, then I think we might keep losing."

"What if we moved you to a smaller stadium. You know, for the game against Califas game."

"What for?"

"Well it won't be empty, there will be more atmosphere."

"What about the opposition fans? They'll dominate the stadium."

"Nah, we'll just let in very few of them."

"OK then where did you have in mind?"

"What about the Southern City Ground?"

"You'll only get 5,000 in there tops."

"That's the point."

"Well what about negotiation with Dalton 2000?"

"They'll take a 10% cut of the match fees."

"Well how are we going to make any money out of this?"

"Only about 5000 are going to turn up anyway."

"Fair enough."

James put down the phone with a sigh. The team was in a spiral of decline and they had just gone from a 40,000 seater to a 5,000 seater. Their budget was bound to be scaled down now and now they were losing fans to the domestic leagues and Ice hockey, which they were good at. Their plan probably wouldn't work either, they were doomed to finish last in their group and the next game was going to be hard, especially with spirits so low after the last match, he headed back to the office and continued to file hate mail.
With the abolition of private property, then, we shall have true, beautiful, healthy Individualism. Nobody will waste his life in accumulating things, and the symbols for things. One will live. To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.
- Oscar Wilde

Blouman Empire
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:11 am

THE DAILY REVIEW

EAGLES BURY THUNLANDI

Harry Malsomp was forced to defend his team's performance to the FFB yesterday and he has back up thos words with actions with a 5-1 win over Thunlandi. The Eagles swept aside Thunlandi in front of a home crowd at Mellor Insurance Stadium to register their first win for the World Cup qualifying campaign and now sit 5th on the ladder, nine points behind table leader Ossidiacqua. Robert Schmitz opened up the scoring in the third minute from close range and William Goodfellow doubled the advantage with a 25-yard effort minutes before half-time. Baron Jason of Milken scored a header in the 50th minute before Schmitz scored his second with a drive on the edge of the box. Substitute Nathan Starling ended the pain scratching one in in the 80th minute. Thunlandi scored a consolation just before the final whistle.

Malsomp spoke to the media afterwards "Happy to get the win, was well deserved we played well and the result was fair", Malsomp warned that now wasn't the time to rest but to build on this game and capitalise on tonight's win. With just over half the qualifying campaign still to be played the Eagles will be hoping to secure a few more wins under their belt to put them in a good position to challenge for a top two finish. The Eagles next play Quebec, the only team yet to score this campaign and the Eagles will be looking at taking tonight's momentum and taking it through to the next game to make it two wins in a row.
You know you've made it on NSG when you have a whole thread created around what you said.
On the American/United Statesian matter "I'd suggest Americans go to their nation settings and change their nation prefix to something cooler." - The Kangaroo Republic
http://nswiki.net/index.php?title=Blouman_Empire

DBC26-Winner

Audioslavia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Audioslavia » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:36 am

YOU ARE A CAULIFLOWER
International laughing-stock, Txo Morea, the man with the Caulfilower brain, given Ultimatum after Myt debacle

Txo Morea refused to walk. That fact is possibly more shocking than the way in which a meek, listless Bulls side were cut down on Saturday night. Mytannion did nothing spectacular, had no real tricks that Audioslavian players or fans hadn't seen before, yet still managed to play the entire game with their foot on the neck of the 'slavian Bull. 5-1. It wasn't as if Audioslavia were unlucky, or could claim that the result didn't tell the story of the game. The Bulls were meek, lightweight and lacking ideas. They were 2-0 down at the break, 3-0 down shortly after, and despite Torsten Ibsen managing to squeeze home a mis-hit shot underneath a cold, underworked goalkeeper, they never looked like getting into the game. Mytannion squeezed home two late-ish goals, in the 80th and 86th minutes, but in truth it was no more than they deserved.

Txo Morea cut a sad figure on the touchline for most of the game, but the final insult would come after that Mytannion fifth. A Mytanar fan, hopping the barriers and evading some scarily well-armed police officials, managed to find his way to the Audioslavian technical area to wave a five-fingered hand in Txo Morea's face. The cameras saw it all, but damningly enough, so did the pitch-side microphone.
"F*** off" was the Audioslavian's opening conversational gambit, unleashing an F-bomb where wit or simple disdain would have sufficed. "..or I'll give you a cauliflower ear".

If there was anything more outdated than Morea's tactics, it's his idea of a threat. The Mytanar's comeback will come back to haunt Morea in the future.
"Rather have a cauliflower ear than a cauliflower brain".
The Mytanar kid was rugby-tackled to the ground in front of Morea, revealing to the beleaguered manager that the young hooligan was, in fact, the owner of a cauliflower ear.

If Morea thought that was the end to his humiliation, then worse was to come.

Upon the side's return to Kjeligsted isle, back to the FFA headquarters, Morea endured a two-hour meeting with his employers in which, so we understand, he somehow managed to defend himself - if only he could lend that sort of defensive talent to his team - and argue his case that he should be kept on as Audioslavia manager.

The humiliation came in the press conference afterwards. After Morea had dealt with some understandably irate journalists, the FFA chairman, James Hall, told the world, in detail, the exact conditions of Txo Morea's employment.
"We have given Txo a definite list of what we expect of him" said James, with Txo still sat next to him, his every reaction caught on camera. "Failure to meet even one of these requirements will result in Morea's immediate expulsion. Points one to three are simple enough: Record wins over Thaulandi and Qumadosfan and Quebec. Nothing but three points from each match will do. From there, we will at least be in a position where we can see our competitors in the far distance. After that comes the away game with Ossidacqua. That, too, needs to be a victory for Audioslavia. After that comes a match with New Montreal States, here in Kjeligsted. We expect a point from that game, although under certain circumstances a narrow defeat to our perennial bogey team will suffice. A win over Blouman Empire away from home will come next - a tough feat, but necessary if we are to gain enough points to at least *look* as if we're challenging for a playoff spot - and after that comes the home, return match with Mytannion. If we have, indeed, lost to New Montreal States, then nothing more than a win will do here. If Morea has managed a draw with NMS then we expect a draw here, and if NMS have been defeated then, well, we will allow Txo the luxury of treating this game as a bonus. Two wins from two in our final games are also the minimum requirement. It should be stated that we do not expect to attain a playoff spot in the group, but if Audioslavia are to challenge in the future then we need a successful campaign and a successful Cup of Harmony."

Txo's face had gotten redder and redder during James' speech. The outlining of exactly what was expected of him, like an unruly child being told how to behave in class, was humiliating. What will follow is a test of Txo Morea's character, and how much his team trust in him, over the coming months.

James Hall's mention of the Cup of Harmony hints that he does not expect Audioslavia to qualify for World Cup 62. To be fair, if he had stated as such then we'd have printed a cauliflower over his head too.

The message from this journalist is simple: Txo Morea, you are a cauliflower. We hate you, you cauliflower. Now go and make us un-hate you. Your relegation to the status of broccoli awaits.

IBJJ, G'NB

Alasdair I Frosticus
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Alasdair I Frosticus » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:27 am

OOC - I'll be adapting several famous (and more obscure) tales and epics from RL to tell the story of the Holy Empire in WC62 as if taken from excerpts of an academic paper on the subject. First person to send me a TG correctly identifying the original source each match day can have their country as the source of the next inscription/epic used; you may specify some RP details about the site/period/etc relating to the inscription. I hope Astograth appreciates how difficult it is to get 'Falconwhereveryouare' to scan into epic poetry....

ORDINARY REALITY HISTORY
A Journal of the Imperial Institute of Mundy Studies

Dreamed Realm Figures in Mundy Myth
A Case Study of Juan Tzimisces and World Cup 62

Zoe Argyro
Department of Mundy Studies
The Imperial University

Matchday 5 - Falconwhereveryouare

Epic poetry is a literary form much-loved in the Holy Empire, so the fact that mundy epic poetry has been subject to multiple examples of mythic bleed has already been the subject of extensive study (see A. Phocaso's well-known and still-standard study Cross-Dimensional Epic Poetry: A Comparative Study). For the purposes of the present discussion, however, focus must turn to the prominent Astograth Epic "The Three Songs of Prince Otsoko". This is one of the two foundational works of literature from the earliest period in the nation's state formation, alongside "The Epic of Berlasko" (about Otsoko's brutish warrior father). Though the prince would later become king in his own right as Otsoko the Silent, the poem instead relates events that occurred during his father's reign. In particular, the songs focus on a period where Otsoko had fallen out with his father, and left his father's realm with a loyal army to conquer the eastern settlement of Antiguoko.

Here, in the second of the three songs, Prince Otsoko lies temporarily unable to fight after being wounded in a skirmish against a group of bandits. A 'Juan Tsimsco' - who appears nowhere else in the poem - steps forward to lead the Prince's men against an equally mysterious figure called 'Lord Falconwhereeveryouare', who also appears nowhere else in the poem. This has led scholars in Astograth to speculate over whether this sequence is an interpolation from a completely different epic, but given how closely the metre and poetic conventions match the rest of the three songs, this seems unlikely. It is undoubtedly the work of the otherwise anonymous author of the Three Songs.

As Prince Otsoko there lay injured Juan Tsimsco did step forth
To lead the heir's brave army against the opposing force
Were with Tsimsco four thousand less but a score and ten,
They came gladly to a battle against fifty thousand men.
Lord Falconwhereeveryouare on the other side did fight;
It seemed good to the Creator that he should be thrown into flight.
With a lance Tsimsco did battle, hand he set to sword as well.
Three opponents he then slaughtered as their numbers slowly fell.
Down from his elbow streaming the blood of battle came.
Lord Falconwhereeveryouare only one score could he claim.
He 'scaped from underneath the sword for his steed could run apace,
And bore him to Antiguoko, an exceeding mighty place.
Even so far brave Juan Tsimsco pursued them as they fled,
With a host of gallant vassals in his company that sped.
My lord Tsimsco and henchmen have sacked the field around;
Of the gold and of the silver three thousand marks they found,
And of the other booty was no measure to be had.
And Tsimsco and his followers were all exceeding glad,
For in winning of the battle God's grace to them was shown,
When Lord Falconwhereeveryouare was there overthrown.

This is perhaps a short passage, but that 'Falconwhereeveryouare' is overthrown on a field, and that Tsimsco scores three kills to his opponent's one 'score' seems a clear and undeniable reference to the World Cup 62 matchday 5 game where the Holy Empire defeated Falconwhereeveryouare 3-1. This conclusion is surely reinforced by the fact that these individuals are nowhere else referenced in the Three Songs, reinforcing the strong probability that these lines form an example of mythic bleed.
Last edited by Alasdair I Frosticus on Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?

Yelvoldia
Attaché

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yelvoldia » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:37 am

YBC Sports - Football - Yelvoldia 2-3 Antoletia

Written by Bobby Tilswop

We have crashed to our third defeat of World Cup 62 qualifying, losing 3-2 at home to Antoletia. This means we remain seventh out of eight in qualifying Group 17, with just one win - and four points - from five games. In addition, our manager, Dr. Bart Vale (who was the one to genetically engineer the badgers in our team), is close to being sacked. He will lose his job if we fail to win our next game in qualifying, which is against the unranked underdogs who are Mantwenic. Anyway, let's get on with our current match.

Antoletia opened the scoring in the 7th minute, when their star striker, Constantín, smashed past our goalkeeper, Herman Barton, from 25 yards, after receiving a great through ball from attacking midfielder Filip Constantinescu, who happens to be Antoletia's captain. We tried to hit shortly afterwards, with Roger McLeod, our star striker, saw a great curling shot from the corner of the Antoletian penalty box palmed away brilliantly by Antoletia's goalkeeper, Vladimir Cornelius, in the 11th minute. Five minutes, our other striker, Connor Evans (who is a badger), hit the post with a brilliant bicycle kick.

We were dominating, and equalized in the 21st minute, when Aaron Bïndel, our attacking midfielder, played a great through ball into McLeod. McLeod thundered past Cornelius from 20 yards via the crossbar, making the score 1-1. After more dominance, we took the lead after 35 minutes, when Evans headed past Cornelius, after Lionel Martin had crossed it into him from the left wing, sending our fans wild, as we were now leading against a team who were much better than us rankings-wise. When referee Beorranna Urth’hrra o Barrdenn (who is an ursine (sapient bear) from Bears Armed) blew her whistle for half-time, our fans clapped our team off the pitch.

We continued our dominance into the second half, with our players peppering Cornelius' goal with shots. McLeod hit the bar with a scissor kick, Evans fired a low shot into the goalie's arms from 20 yards, Bïndel curled a free-kick against the post, Martin fired over from 15 yards, and Sophie Carpet, our right-winger, slotted just wide. These were only some of our many second half chances.

As we were being totally dominant, a third goal for us looked inevitable. However, it didn't come, and Antoletia equalized at the start of stoppage time at the end of the match, with Constantinescu curling a brilliant free-kick past Barton. Then, with seconds left, Bïndel lost the ball to Răzvan Vãduva, Antoletia's defensive midfielder. Vãduva played the ball into centre midfielder Iosif Nicolescu, who advanced forward, before shooting towards goal from 37 yards. The ball hit the crossbar and went in, giving Antoletia a 3-2 win.
Atlantian Oceania is THE PLACE
Puppet of Slembana

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:46 am

(The scene: Hrrick’s Café Ursien, in the city of Marroq, Barbary Salé _ )

"Not in here," the waiter whispered to the elderly man -- a hermit of some kind, maybeso, considering his weathered features and tattered robes -- who had just asked him a question. "Smugglers who can take you there, I'm sure we don't have. Look, three streets to the south and just inside the Casbah theres' a joint called Eos Misely's Cantina, you'd probably have better luck there instead."

"My thanks," the hermit[?] replied and, leaving a small tip behind on the table, he led his companions -- who appeared to be a farm boy and a pair of mismatched robots -- out of the place and into another story altogether...

Behind them, Serm went into a song, accompanied by the house band not only on their instruments but in a call-and-response set of words as well _

"Say, who’s got trouble?"
"We got trouble."
"How much trouble?"
"Too much trouble."
"Well now, don’t you frown,
Just knuckle down, and
knock on wood."

"Who’s unhappy?"
"We’re unhappy."
"How unhappy?"
"Too unhappy."
"Oh! Oh! that won’t do,
When you are blue, just
knock on wood."

"Who's unlucky?"
"We’re unlucky."
"How unlucky?"
"Too unlucky."
"But your luck will change,
If you’ll arrange to
knock on wood."

"Who’s got nothing?"
"We got nothing."
"How much nothing?"
"Too much nothing."
"Say nothing’s not a awful lot,
But knock on wood."

"Now who’s happy?"
"We’re all happy."
"Just How happy?"
"Verrry happy!"
"That’s the way we're going to stay,
So knock on wood."

"Now who’s lucky?"
"We’re all lucky!"
"Just how lucky?"
"Verrry lucky?"
"Well smile again, and once again, lets
knock on wood."

Just as they finished, into the Café walked Lieutenant Deux-Chevaux, an officer from the city's Coalition-controlled police, accompanied by three of that force's locally-recruited ordinary policemen. He looked around, and then apparently told his subordinates to wait close to the main doorway while he strolled across to the bar and leant on this at a point not far from Hrrick's table. He ordered a drink of "lemonade", stressing that latter word in a way that made his true meaning obvious to the barman who'd already served him on previous occasions.

"Rumour has it that those couriers who died so mysteriously a few days ago were heading here," he murmured, addressing no one in particular but looking towards Hrrick.

"Rumour says lots of things," Hrrick replied, "and she's usually hwrrong about most of them."

"Well, if they had been coming here -- or if anything that they might have been carrying actually arrived here without them -- then the Commander would be interested in knowing more about that situation."

"So would I."

"Don't give anything away, do you, M'sieur Blamed?"

"I didn't notice you being asked to pay for that drink, did I?"

"Touché."

The lieutenant finished that drink and then left, taking his men with him. The general level of conversation in the room, which had dropped slightly during his presence, rose again.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

OOC

Hrreally wish that I could claim credit for that song, but of course it's actually from Casablanca (i.e. the RL film)...
Last edited by Bears Armed on Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:56 am, edited 7 times in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

The Archregimancy
Game Moderator

Founded: Aug 01, 2005
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Archregimancy » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:58 am

To: The Vegai International Sporting Authority

Dear Vegai Sporting Officials,

Thank you for you recent letter, where you kindly and generously indicate that both yourselves and Ms Wu'eres have accepted our apology over Fr. Basil's rather unfortunate actions the other night. We wish to further offer our unconditional apologies to Miss Irin’lur; we were previously unaware of the 'Whore of Babylon' incident. This must have been quite upsetting to a young woman of her tender years. Rest assured that we do not consider to be either an actual or metaphorical whore, and that everyone here in the Archregimancy realises that the real Whore of Babylon was the foul Dallas woman, and lives on in her promiscuous brood. Rest assured, in turn, that Fr. Basil's nose healed instantly, as indeed always happens to physical injuries here in the Dreamed Realm.

Fortunately, both sides seem to have moved on without any undue disruption, as evidenced by the comprehensive Vegan victory over Geisenfried, and our own squad's victory over Neuseeland. Nonetheless we recognise that, in a spirit of Christian penitence, we must offer you several confidence-building measures in advance of the second leg so we can help put this incident behind us, and move forward in a spirit of mutual respect.

We therefore propose to:

1) Suspend Fr. Basil for the return leg, so that he will not accompany our squad to Andossa Se Mitrin Vega.

2) Replace Fr. Basil as manager for that game with former World Cup Committee President Fr. Polycarp the Venerable, one of the most respected Archregimancy footballing figures both in our nation and Ordinary Reality. Fr. Polycarp has agreed to come out of retirement for the match.

3) Require Fr. Basil to perform 300 prostrations in front of the Holy Icon of the Theotokos Panagia Portaitissa, one of the holiest icons in the Monastic Republic, while reflecting on his actions, and the embarrassment that he has caused to not just our nation, but Orthodoxy generally.

4) Invite - with your approval - a representative of the Vegan Orthodox Church to attend the return leg, and lead a special extra-calendrical Vespers of Forgiveness the evening before the match. If necessary, these vespers can be performed in public depending on your preference.

We hope that these measures will prove acceptable to you.

Yours in Christ,

The Monastic Football Association +

PS: Please note that nothing in this letter should be taken as indicating approval of your pagan religion

Northern Sunrise Islands
Minister

Founded: May 05, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Northern Sunrise Islands » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:19 am

FOOTBALL ANALYSIS
The Opnion of "Dr." Isaac Jones, Sports Journalist

I believe the fans had a lot of fun in Bergnovinaia. The result gave decent reasons of it, after all. The tie with the opposing side was actually more than the expected and things are starting to work the way I was expecting. Now, as you may have figured it out, yes, I decided to not watch the game live, but instead decided to listen to it in an old radio machine of mine. Surprisingly, the game wasn't featured, supposedly, the rugby friendly between Triunvirate Champions Harvard Crimson and legend of NSI Rugby Castletown Magpies seemed to be more important for the mainstream radios. Guess they were paid to stream it.

So, yeah, it was hard to actually get to listen to the match, so I decided to use a different method and listen to those university radios. Thankfully those guys have their heads in the right place and actually gave me the chance of listening to the match. In fact, the Trading University, where I have completed not only my already known Journalism degree (with Major in Sports Journalism), my not-so-known Economics degree, sent their top class to the place just to practice the art of narrating a football match.

Well, enough with that. Let me start saying about the match itself. According to the people from the University, the stadium had more people from NSI than the natives. I believe they decided to not care that much, but that is still slightly dissapointing. The weather was fair and I believe that it was actually pretty good for a high-caliber match. But I can tell you of someone that pretty much stole the spotlight. The referee.

You know that I'm slightly skeptic about the referees chosen to work in our matches. But this time, I'm surprised. Derris Na'Fen, probably one of my favorite referees was chosen for this match. That itself was my favorite bit of the match. The first goal come in seconds as an own goal from a bad header of Andressa de Souza, who stepped up for the starting eleven in this match. She is excused, of course, because after all she would start the play that would tie the game up.

After stealing the ball, she lobbed it to Guillermo di Luca, who then passed to Francisco de Souza. Francisco gave the ball back to him with a simple pass and di Luca shot strongly to the goal. 1-1 and that was the last time a goal popped out. Both teams had great chances and Mr. Na'Fen had very little difficulty on the match. NSI continues in the sixth-place, following their last match opponents. A victory here would've given them a better situation, but I guess that was decent.

Next match we'll take on up-and-comers Mashiki. A fierce team that came from a swift loss against Saugeais. Since it's going to be there too, I don't plan on going, but I hope I don't have to rely on Universitarian radios to listen to the game. This is a heads-up, radio companies. Take those stinking Crimson and Magpies out of the way, I want to listen to some football!

My prognosis for this match is actually a loss to NSI, because Mashiki has been going pretty well, meanwhile NSI has been taking a lot of blows. This is one time I hope I'm wrong. Dr. Jones.
Tails... Watch out, you're gonna crash, aaaaah!
Project +90 | Sunrise's Sportwires (shared with Dainer) | PokéCard ~ Label Guide
Champion: WC 75 and 76, U-15 WC 4 and 6, DBC 29 and 41
Now known as Kita-Hinode

Michael VII
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Michael VII » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:23 pm

Third time lucky?
Kicked out in the playoffs twice, could third time be lucky? The Blog of Michael VII Football.

So far, so good. Well, at least if we're aiming to go out in the playoffs for a third consecutive time. But nonetheless, second place in the group is a more promising place than we've been in for plenty of other qualification campaigns, so right now, it's not too shabby of a record. 4 wins and 1 loss, the one loss being an 11 goal scorefest where we only fell to higher ranked competition in the final minutes, going down 6-5 in the closest of matches we've seen give out 3 points in our history. This leaves Valladares in the clear on 15 points, still going perfect how the top team in our groups always seem to go, and then us and Milchama on 12 points, trying to outdo each other in the hope of qualifying for this World Cup, as Valladares seems to be a formality right now.

Maybe one day we'll be a top dog in our group. Or one day just win a damn playoff match!

Nonetheless, in happier news, deranged defender Steven Mcswain has been off the antidepressants for much of this campaign, and is handling the qualifying series quite well. It seems that as we're faring much better than Michaeleans can ever hope for, he has no reason to fall back into his natural, suicidal state, where his severe case of atypical depression is most often documented. So, while the tabloids aren't getting their big gossip story about Mcswain heading to a rope store like in WC59, and other depressed bouts like in 60 and 61, we're just happy that he's alive. For now at least. As much of a dick he can be, no one wants to go through the lawsuits, so once he's off the team, he can do as he wishes.

So, all in all, the team are a bunch of happy campers right now, as wins should be a given until the start of the second round robin, where we go away to Milchama, in what probably will decide the Group Two playoff spot, and some members of this team's sanity. Up next, Bongo Johnson!

What does that even mean? Does anyone know? Must be a bunch of stoners, easy win. Easy win I tell you!

Record to date: 4-0-1, 12pts, 16-8 GF/GA, 2nd Group 3.

Michael VII [3] - [1] Milchama W
Branta Island [0] - [1] Michael VII W
Michael VII [5] - [6] Valladares L
Michael VII [5] - [1] Sicoutimont W
Free Swiss States [0] - [2] Michael VII W
My timezone, Southern Winter (Current Time): NZST, UTC +12, Southern Summer: NZDT, UTC +13

NSCF 5 Champions
Qualified for World Cup 62
Hosted World T20 Championships I, Baptism of Iron X, World Bowl 17, World Cup of Hockey XIX, World Bowl 19

Domestic Sportswire

Sargossa
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 08, 2009
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Sargossa » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:30 pm

There a times when you find yourself at a critical point. When your actions would have to count. It seemed ridiculous, a mere eighty one minutes into a World Cup qualification campaign, but Alejandro Echeverría felt as though this were one of those moments. Clearly the crowd felt it too as a collective intake of breathe swept around the huddled masses packed into Soluca’s Estadio Generalissimo Joaquín Delgado. The reason being that moments ago Mariano Estrada’s determined run into the box had been crudely ended by Aamos Raila and referee Claude Renault had pointed to the penalty spot.

It was the second penalty of the game, Natalija Martinović converting from the spot in the first half to give the visitors the lead before a Lucas Andrada double had sent Sargossa in at the interval with a narrow advantage. But midfielder Leon Cole’s sweetly struck drive from the edge of the area had restored parity mid-way through this second half. Which brought us to this aforementioned critical point. And it was the Sargossan captain who now waited by the penalty spot as Renault waved away angry Pasargans.

This was exactly the kind of thing a young boy had dreamed of while he practised his tricks against the big kids on that patch of dirt deep inside the Santa Cuenca barrio on the outskirts of the Sargossan capital. It was on that dirt pitch that the young Alejandro had first been spotted by a scout representing Ciudad Soluca and invited to join their academy, still a year shy of becoming a teenager. There he prospered, making his entrance into the first team at seventeen and his senior international debut a year later. Twelve years on and he had become a fixture for both club and country, captaining both.

Even with hundreds of matches and dozens of accolades under his belt Alejandro felt that this would be one of the fixtures that stayed with him into his later years. A night match at ‘the theatre of base comedy’, as one member of the Sargossan press had cruelly labelled it, was always an occasion to saviour but tonight’s opposition more than most guaranteed a packed house. This was a proper Rushmori derby, not one of those innumerable bland contests against the jumped up southrons but a clash of Olde Rushmore. The national sides of Sargossa and Pasarga hadn’t faced each other in a long time but rivalry between the nations was fresh thanks to the revitalised Liga de Fuego, a competition won by Echeverría’s Ciudad. The fact that the Wanderers were also Group 4’s top seeds only added to the importance. Whatever way you looked at it this was a biggie.

The referee’s whistle snapped Echeverría out of his reverie. Suddenly 109,000 people in the stadium and a television audience of millions were all watching him. In the goal Boris Ivan Rabuza looked huge, the Peynol-Lunas custodian seemed to fill every spare inch of space between the sticks. Echeverría took a breath, started his run and hit the worst penalty of his life. Picking the top right hand corner as his spot the winger wrapped his left foot around it but scuffed it horribly, sending the ball in far too low. But lady Margaret must have cast a rare smile in the direction of Soluca that night as Rabuza had already committed himself in the opposite direction and, with all his weight going the wrong way, could only look on as the ball rolled agonisingly over the line.

And that was it, the crucial moment had been met head on and the Corsairs had emerged triumphant. Suddenly all was right with the world. Suddenly, despite poor showings in the Cup of Harmony and Copa Rushmori, Martín Tejera was the right man for the job after all. Suddenly we were going to the World Cup. If only there weren’t thirteen fixtures yet to play.
Champions: Cup of Harmony 41 / Di Bradini Cup 13 / Copa Rushmori V / Copa Rushmori XIV / Copa Rushmori XX / Copa Rushmori XXXVIII / Copa Rushmori XXXIX
Sargossa at the Olympics

" . . . those dictatorship-loving thundertwats . . ."

Taeshan
Senator

Founded: Aug 11, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Taeshan » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:47 pm

X Island Inquirer

13 points in five games just does not have the same ring to it, as 15 in five. For the first time all season the Knights failed to win, and for the first time they were scored on by their opponents. At the end of the day the Knights still reigned as group leaders, and still have a good edge on most of the group, even after the 1-1 tie in Armed Bears. They still are very likely to be the group champions, very likely to easily qualify or make a playoff, and very likely to continue their good form for many more weeks. The Knights just were outperformed and continue to show a certain level of inability to go for the kill and really seem to let their opponents, game in and out, to control the play of the game at points.

The Armed Bears of course played the spoilers on the day after an early Knights goal which seemed to continue to show the Knights dominance of the group, The Bears though hunkered down, and showed the Knights a bit of their own medicine playing all out defensively and eventually putting the ball into the back of the Knights net for the first time all season. Dru Holliday could do nothing about a perfect header, and if anyone was going to score against the Knights, i would prefer it was the way that their opponents managed to do it. The Knights though will just have to look to bounce back from the event and go out their and hopefully win their final two opponents against easier competition.
Champions - Copa Rushmori 22, Cup of Harmony 35, Di Bradini Cup 19, World Baseball Classic 13, Gridiron World Championships (World Bowl 0), World Bowl 34, World Lacrosse Championship 2

World Cup Qualifications-41, 44, 46, 59, 61(RoS), 62(Quarterfinals), 63 (RoS), 64 (Quarterfinals), 83, 84 (RoS), 85, 87

Hosts-Cup of Harmony 55, Copa Rushmori 14, Sporting World Cup 10,
Quidditch World Cup 10, World Cup of Hockey 41, World Cup 87

Turori
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 03, 2004
Democratic Socialists

Postby Turori » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:42 pm

Four Matches, Four Atlantian Oceania Nations, All outside of Atlantian Oceania!

I'm beginning to wonder if the organizers of the World Cup 62 Qualifiers are just having a bit of a laugh at my expense.

Seriously. I'm a referee based in Atlantian Oceania. Every match I've been assigned to has feature a nation from Atlantian Oceania competing in it. Everything is good, right?

Far from it. I've not spent a single matchday inside the region thus far. Five matchdays traveling all over the multiverse.

First to Rushmore - to the Boring Paradise. I just hopped up to the Sylvanaes Queendom on the way there and it was a good match for the World Cup 61 Runners-Up, a good attacking affair and the Atlantian Oceania side came out on top.

When I got my assignment for the second day, I thought I'd be headed home, I could just hop up to Andossa Se Mitrin Vega in the morning and be back for dinner. No such luck. Sure, I was assigned to officiate the Sea Dragons match - but in the tiny region of Redwood, home of Maklohi Vai. Not so lucky for the Atlantian Oceania side on this match. No matter how much pressure they applied, they couldn't break through - couldn't hardly get a shot off really, in a goalless draw.

My hopes weren't so hi when I heard I was assigned to the Warkus match for Matchday 3. My suspicions were soon confirmed. Back to Rushmore. Wearing their Kirola Sportswear designed kits, a little similar to the change kit that Kirola made for the Turori Eels, the Warku side was comfortably beaten by Taeshan to the delight of the home supporters.

At least the organizers were kind enough to give me a day off after all that traveling so I could go home on Matchday 4, watching the Eels 2-0 victory over The Gypsies.

I kept my bags packed though, sure I'd be traveling for Matchday 5. No Doubt. And no doubt I'd be assigned once again to a match featuring a team from Atlantian Oceania, outside of Atlantian Oceania. It was a pretty good day for the AO side as Thatius held on to a 1-1 draw against four-time World Cup champions Aguazul. I took some extra time in Aguazul just to take a walk around the arena. How could I not? 4 World Cup titles. Three in a row from World Cup 57 through 59. Really an awe inspiring place to be for any sports fan, even if you weren't from Aguazul, you had to respect what they had accomplished.

So now I'm just waiting for my Matchday 6 assignment, I'm sure I'll be officiating another Atlantian Oceania match... outside of Atlantian Oceania. I guess its just a matter of which such matchup is still available in the fixture list!

Eels Remain Unbeaten
..But lose ground on Leaders Wight

Match Details :: MD3: v. Sarrbia
Kionao Minor Field - Kionao, Turori (90,500 Capacity)
Home Club: Kionao Turori Locals AFC
In addition to looking to defend their SBCC Title, Kionao are also hoping to host the final, submitting Kionao Minor Field as a host venue for the SBCC. The Locals would make 88,000 tickets available for the event, per their proposal, which includes the installation of a large video board for the match, and a large pen where some Cocoabos will be on display in hopes of gathering support for their preservation.

After taking part in a massive "Save the Cocoabo" event at the Kionao Minor Field before the match, the Turori Eels were highly motivated and went on a scoring spree against Sarrbia, a team that was expected to give the Eels a challenge on the pitch.

Highly touted defender Yoains Konoaafeo opened the scoring to give Turori a 1-0 lead at the half.

The Eels continued shortly after the half going up 2-0 through Noa-isinao Wioauoi and 3-0 through Liinai Zakazaka.

Sarrbia did pull a goal back through an unknown player in the 74th minute, but they gained absolutely no momentum from the episode as Lioniaa Tana scored just moments after play resumed to give Turori a 4-1 lead and the Eels cruised to victory from that point on.

Turori Goalscorers::
36' Yoains Konoaafeo
49' Noa-isinao Wioauoi
52' Liinai Zakazaka
75' Lioniaa Tana
Sarrbia Goalscorers::
74' Unknown Player

Turori
Best Player: Rikko Rawaii
Worst Player: Restiaa Mumamba
Shots on Target: 5
Corner Kicks: 10

Sarrbia

Best Player: Unknown Player
Worst Player: Unknown Player
Shots on Target: 3
Corner Kicks: 2

Turori Eels Lineup v. Sarrbia ::
[GK] Ronji Miiastara, [D] Yoains Konoaafeo, [D] Lioniaa Tana, [D] Noa-isinao Wioauoi, [UT] Restiaa Mumamba, [ML] Rikko Rawaii, [MC] Cediici Tzatzos, [MC] Vrotaoa Lorasoiba, [MR] Raso Tareak, [FC] Liinai Zakazaka, [FC] Loala Kigoouao
BENCH::
[FC] Jukkia Diijelhma, [FC] Anuh Ciniima, [M] Tiika Diirotora, [M] Rutaj Ranaso, [UT] Balariita Muzmaara, [D] Diauro Dlaminii, [GK] Hooizo Nuakoi

Turori Substitutions::
(41) - Ronji Miiastara >>> Hooizo Nuakoi
(67) - Cediici Tzatzos >>> Tiika Diirotora

Match Details :: MD4: v. The Gypsies
Coliseum of the Inurahtii - Inura Forest, Turori (88,000 Capacity)
Home Club: Inura Forests
Located in the deep forest of Turori away from the population centers, the Coliseum of the Inurahtii began construction around World Cup 31, but construction was off and on until a purpose could be found. The grand vision was to have a stadium facing the beautiful forest with the sea off in the distance, visible to those in the large eastern grandstand that towered above the canopy in the original plans. Finally, the Football Association of Turori agreed that if the stadium was completed, they would host some national team matches there. Additionally, the Vilitan League allowed Turorian Expansion team "Inura Forests FC" to be join the non-league ranks as an official member, playing based at the Coliseum during Season 27.

Turoki Tide goalkeeper Hooizo Nuakoi kept a third clean sheet of the campaign to solidly back stop head coach Mikael Gibbons' decision to make a change from long time starting National Team goalkeeper Ronji Miiastara and give Nuakoi a run-out during World Cup 62 Qualifying after the dual Vilita and Turori national saw no way in for the Jungle Cats roster.

Jukkia Diijelhma and Rikko Rawaii were on the scoresheet for the Eels who moved into the second spot in Group 2 with their second victory of the campaign.

42' Jukkia Diijelhma
55' Rikko Rawaii

The Gypsies Goalscorers::

- None -

Turori
Best Player: Yoains Konoaafeo
Worst Player: Liinai Zakazaka
Shots on Target: 4

The Gypsies

Best Player: Nick Robins
Worst Player: Graham Carol Starkey
Shots on Target: 1

Turori Eels Lineup v. The Gypsies ::
[GK] Hooizo Nuakoi, [D] Lioniaa Tana, [D] Yoains Konoaafeo, [D] Noa-isinao Wioauoi, [UT] Restiaa Mumamba, [ML] Rikko Rawaii, [MC] Cediici Tzatzos, [MC] Vrotaoa Lorasoiba, [MR] Raso Tareak, [FC] Liinai Zakazaka, [FC] Jukkia Diijelhma
[FC] Loala Kigoouao, [FC] Anuh Ciniima, [M] Tiika Diirotora, [M] Rutaj Ranaso, [UT] Diauro Dlaminii, [D] Balariita Muzmaara, [GK] Ronji Miiastara

(45) - Noa-isinao Wioauoi >>> Rutaj Ranaso
(45) - Raso Tareak >>> Loala Kigoouao

Match Details :: MD5: @ Paripanland
The Eels traveled to Paripanland for a Matchday 5 clash that would ultimately result in disappointment as Turori was held 1-1 by a Peripanland side that was also recording its third draw in 5 matches.

It was just the third goal conceded by the Eels Karela-like defensive backline during the campaign thus far, the best defensive record in all of group 2.

But the early goal by an unknown Peripanland player meant that Rikko Rawaii's 64th minute effort could only salvage the point dropping the Eels 4 points behind Wight who were convincing 4-0 winners over Tryienne.

The Eels will now host Tryienne on Matchday 6 looking to equal the performance of Wight on Matchday 5 and keep pace with the Group 2 leaders in the chase for a place in the World Cup 62 Finals.

64' Rikko Rawaii

Peripanland Goalscorers::
29' Unknown Player

Turori
Best Player: Cediici Tzatzos
Worst Player: Raso Tareak
Corner Kicks: 6

Peripanland

Best Player: Unknown Player
Worst Player: Unknown Player
Corner Kicks: 3

Turori Eels Lineup @ Peripanland ::
[GK] Hooizo Nuakoi, [D] Yoains Konoaafeo, [D] Lioniaa Tana, [D] Diauro Dlaminii, [UT] Restiaa Mumamba, [ML] Rikko Rawaii, [MC] Cediici Tzatzos, [MC] Vrotaoa Lorasoiba, [MR] Raso Tareak, [FC] Liinai Zakazaka, [FC] Loala Kigoouao
[FC] Jukkia Diijelhma, [FC] Anuh Ciniima, [M] Tiika Diirotora, [M] Rutaj Ranaso, [UT] Balariita Muzmaara, [D] Noa-isinao Wioauoi, [GK] Ronji Miiastara

(58) - Loala Kigoouao >>> Jukkia Diijelhma

-----------------------------------------------------

MD 1: v. Jeruselem
MD 2: @ Wight

MD 3: v. Sarrbia
MD 4: v. The gypsies

MD 5: @ Peripanland
MD 6: v. Tryienne
MD 7: @ BrightonBurg
MD 8: @ Jeruselem
MD 9: v. Wight
MD 10: @ Sarrbia
MD 11: @ The gypsies
MD 12: v. Peripanland
MD 13: @ Tryienne
MD 14: v. BrightonBurg

<Silexhera> Why does Turori make sense? :p

Mashiki
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mashiki » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:19 pm

"Hello there Mashiki! This is MNR1, live from St Bradley's bringing you all the latest national news. 5 minutes until K.R Mahuna is back again bringing you the new from last night's match..."

"Mashiki! I came back,! Well I have to it's my job, but anyway welcome back to my show where I'll be looking at last night's match against Saugeais. They are ranked 106 places above us, meaning that it was pretty inevitable that we were going to lose. To make things even worse, the game was being held in the New World Stadium in the Saugeaisan city of Chaux. Things were definitely not going to be easy."

"The Mashik players arrived in Saugeais to a warm welcome, although as Mashiki had the bragging rights from the recent Copa Rushmori, after beating them 3-2 in Falconfar. But the record for Mashiki against Saugeais was 1-0-1, as they had beaten us in the previous tournament. The New World Stadium was reasonably sized, but it reserved for matches to be played against nations ranked lower than 126, which means that Mashiki only just missed out on playing at the larger stadium. The two teams lined up on the field, and it was evident that Saugeais were out to win it, and extend their winning streak to 5 games, and they were confident of doing so."

"Straight away, the Saugeaisan striker, Kuzman Ruslan was evidently on form as after just 5 minutes, he scored with a clean finish into the bottom right corner past Dimitor Vashalka, and the home crowd went crazy as their star striker scored the first goal, Mashiki knew this was coming and only had eyes for equalizing. And they did exactly that just 10 minutes later, through Bashka Wimpal-Mateng as he cut across the wing and unleashed a superb strike from just outside the box. The Mashik fans went wild, as the score was now 1-1."

"Half-time came around the score was still 1-1, although Mashiki were holding on by the skin of their teeth, after some fierce Saugeais attacks. Maha Bubuneski seemed content with how his team were doing at half-time, as the team they were playing were in the world's top 25, and he was expecting a loss like many of us. But then they came out for the second half, and people knew that Saugeais would be a lot more competitive this half, but no-one expected a quick goal after just 2 minutes, leaving the score 2-1. The goal came through left winger Leandre Pahlke, as he slotted home after a killer ball from Rashad Kitchens. 2-1 was now the score, and not many could see Mashiki coming back."

"At 88 minutes the score was still 2-1, and Dimitor Vashalka was in fine form after saving a string of efforts from the Saugeais strikeforce. But Mashiki's hopes were to be dampened further as substitute Kelley Oliver combined with Montbenoit team-mate Louis Gardener to strike a ferocious free-kick into the top corner from 30 yards out, leaving Mashiki's day as well as done."

"After the fifth game of qualification, Mashiki still lie in 3rd place behind the two top seeds of Vilita and Saugeais, and they are nowhere near of reaching distance, as they are 4 points of Vilita, but only 2 ahead of Bergnovinaia and West Guiana. Next Mashiki face Northern Sunrise Islands, a team with similar capabilities as us, but have failed to shine thus far in qualification. With only 1 win from 5, they look to be heading for a mid-table finish. I'm predicting a win here, as we are at home for this game as well in Lakelands, home of Darting Baltana. The manager will surely be focusing on a Matchday 7 clash against Vilita, which could decide whether we finish near the top or in the middle of the group. But anyway, enough talking for now; as usual you can see how the team is performing at our website, and until tomorrow, I'll be seeing you. Goodbye!"

Screenshot from -www.mnr1.mk/sports/wc62/fixturesandresults
Saugeais 3

Mashiki 1

Saugeais:
Image5" Ruslan
Image47" Pahlke
Image88" Oliver
Mashiki:
Image15" Wimpal-Mateng

MD1: Felix Terra vs Mashiki 0-1
MD2: Mashiki vs Royal East America @ Derendi Avenue, St Bradley's 2-1
MD3: West Guiana vs Mashiki 1-2
MD4: Mashiki vs Bergnovinaia @ Oceanside, Tubushu 0-2
MD5: Saugeais vs Mashiki @ New World Stadium, Chaux 3-1
MD6: Mashiki vs NSI @ Lakelands, Baltana
MD7: Vilita vs Mashiki
MD8: Mashiki vs Felix Terra @ St Lionel's, Guadir
MD9: Royal East America vs Mashiki
MD10: Mashiki vs West Guiana @ Oceanside, Tubushu
MD11: Bergnovinaia vs Mashiki
MD12: Mashiki vs Saugeais @ Lakelands, Baltana
MD13: NSI vs Mashiki @ Lee Stadium, Mallwill
MD14: Mashiki vs Vilita @ Derendi Avenue, St Bradley's
RP Population: 76,000,000
Very Conservative. Don't really like foreigners.

Winner of Swamp Soccer World Cup III
Runner-up at Swamp Soccer World Cup II
Ranks: Football - 66

Mytannion
Minister

Founded: Aug 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mytannion » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:39 pm

Alrik.

We were at home this week. I wasn't sure who against though, the past week had been spent at home, with lots of weed. I was probably still high, I probably stank to high hell of the stuff, even if I had sat in the shower for an hour this morning, the water running cold pretty quickly - I couldn't remember the last time I had actually paid my utilities bill. I would have contacted Leonti, if I'd had a way, but again, he probably wouldn't be into this stuff. He wasn't like me, in the poor part of town, although I had no real idea as to where exactly he did live.

We'd all gone to The Penguin, the pub closest to the ground before the game and it was safe to say we were all nicely pissed. I hadn't actually had that much really, but vodka doesn't really care how much you drink, it normally just gets you drunk fairly quickly. At least I wasn't Radko, he was smashed. Baby was as well, I'd tried to actually ask him exactly why everybody called him Baby, but he isn't the best at giving a straight answer even when he's not drunk. Tekstilshchik Ibon, our team, were dominating the game - which was the case in most games really, they were easily one of the best teams in the league and they had no mercy on the smaller teams in the Third Division. It was great supporting them, following them across Mytannion, watching them win.

This was one such moment, our winger had the ball and was counter attacking down the right hand side of the pitch. I turned to Baby.

"Oi, fags man, fuckin' sound, you get me?" I said. He threw me one and I caught it, instantly putting it between my lips, waiting for Radko to give me a lighter. What I wasn't expecting was him to turn around with a piece of paper, crumpled up and on fire. He put it to the cigarette and lit it with the piece of paper. Baby and the rest were having a laugh. I chuckled to myself, Radko was a twat.

The winger had cut inside and passed to Rotan, who was easily our best player - he was worshipped by our fans. He was the hero who won games time after time, but I preferred the player who lined-up alongside him, Nezhmedev. He was much quieter, but he went about his business well, he was the key to winning games for us. He was a sound lad, too. I'd met him.

Radko lobbed the flaming paper over the barrier at the away fans, whilst Baby went on a mad tirade at the player who had just fouled Rotan just outside the box. The referee had made the right decision, giving a free kick, but Baby still went on to give the offending player a whole horde of abuse. Such colourful insults, 'dickhead', 'southern wanker', 'unwashed twat', yes, I lied, he wasn't that creative. He was like this all the time, he was boring. I could think of much better.

The free kick was in an outstanding position for us, right on the edge of the box, pretty central. Both Rotan and Nezhmedev stood over it. I was hoping that Nezhmedev would hit it. It was left to Rotan though, he curled it round the wall and into the top corner.

"YES!" Baby screamed from beside me. We celebrated on the terraces, Radko grabbed me and kissed my neck. Everyone around me was already starting the bounce, everyone moving up and down as one. I looked around, being buffeted from all sides by people who were celebrating madly. I looked down to the bottom of the stand. There was Leonti. What was he doing here? He wasn't meant to be coming up to me at the game, not in front of the FYC.

"Shit." I whispered to myself. I shifted around awkwardly, looking at him as he made his progress towards us all. He looked up at me, he looked livid. I looked around, the lads were still celebrating, so I tried to move away slowly, down the steps to the bottom, to where Leonti was. He looked at me, I didn't really understand why he looked so angry. "Alright la'." I said, awkwardly.

"Thought that wasn't fucking you mate. Any Preußen Kitzbuhel lot here?" He said.

"Not yet no." I said, uncomfortably looking back at the FYC, who had apparently not noticed me not being there yet.

"There gonna be a scrap today then?"

"Look mate," I put my arm on his shoulder and began to move down the steps on the stand. I pushed my way through two guys who instantly turned around, one looked furious, but he instantly new who I was. I was FYC. I was untouchable. We moved down to the barrier at the bottom of the stand and I turned to him there. "I thought I might have grown out of all that shit y'know." I said.

"Yeah, looks like it and all." He fired back. "Have you told the FYC you've jibbed them?" He asked, angrily.

"Oi, it's different for me y'know." I said.

"I know it is..." He turned and leaned on the barrier, the look he had on his face could kill.

"Look, I mean it kidda. They're a gang of pricks." I said, now riled. "Now, just look at Radko. Do you know how old that prick is? He's fucking thirty-five, I'm serious the prick's got about six kids and he's running 'round organising the FYC like he's still in the fucking army." I was now in full, argumentative flow.

"Just let me stand with you." He begged.

"No mate, I can't..." I trailed off.

"Why?"

"Because, my friend, they won't let you."

"How come, like?" He asked.

"How come? Because they don't fuckin' know you..." I replied. "That's how come." There was a silence, an awkward pause. He looked less angry now, just extremely disappointed. He ducked back under the barrier. I had to somehow rescue the situation. "Tell you what though. You doing anything tomorrow?" I asked. He looked a bit more eager, now. He didn't reply though, I sighed. "Want to go to Zone?"

"You want to go to Zone?" He asked.

"Yeah, deffo, have a mooch around town. Just you and me." I paused. "Be a laugh." Another pause, this time longer, he considered. I looked at him, tilted my head slightly.

"...Okay." He said, almost resigned to agreeing.

"Sound." I patted his shoulder as he ducked back under the barrier, I smiled. "Meet you outside at two." I said, as he walked away. I moved back up to where Radko and the rest of the FYC were. Radko was laughing at something Baby had said.

"Oi, was that your boyfriend you were with, Alrik?" Baby said.

"Oh fuck off la', leave it out." I said, as the laughter continued.

Leonti.

Zone Records. One of the most exclusive record stores in all of Mytannion. What was Alrik doing wanting me to come here, all the scenesters were here. The punks were out in force today. Girls with pink mohicans, net tights, long black coats. There were a few mods, they were closer to the casual scene, sort of.

A girl in a green parka had been eyeing me up the whole time, she had long golden hair, she was good looking. I'd go talk to her if Alrik wasn't here in two minutes. He'd said two. It was now quarter past, I'd been leaning against the wall for what seemed like eternity. I was bored now. I checked my watch again, listening to the music blaring out of the record store. Some good stuff had been played so far.

I heard footsteps coming, it was Alrik. He didn't seem to notice me looking as he walked past a car, staring in the glass, checking his hair - and probably if there was anything worth going on the rob for inside. His trench coat billowed around him, he still seemed to think I hadn't noticed him, so I looked back over at the mod girl. She was with her mate now, they were giggling.

"How rudey dudey Leonti la'." I heard Alrik, he was looking at me staring at the two mods.

"Thought you said two. It's quarter past mate." I said.

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions, Leonti." He replied, somewhat nonsensically.

"Come in." I turned, beckoning. We walked inside, Alrik pressing the buzzer for the flat above the record store. We could hear the long beep from downstairs. They'd find no one waiting downstairs for them, but they were probably used to it by now. Inside we were like kids in a sweet shop, there was just a massive amount of records, it was awesome, we spent what seemed like ages poring over the different records. Occasionally, Alrik would pick one up and carry it to the next section with him. I hadn't found anything I liked yet, until...

"Fucking hell, this one's genuine!" I was shocked.

"What is it?" Alrik asked.

"Daglin live in Thessia. It's like the only existing recording of him doing 'Your Birth' live. It's proper sound like." I said.

"Give us it." He said. Grabbing it off me.

"What?"

"Give us it. I'll get it you."

"Mate, it's twenty-five quid, you don't have to!" I protested.

"Look, what's twenty-five quid between mates eh?" He replied. I sighed, resigned as he walked over to the counter, waiting for service. A gay goth guy was there talking to his colleague. We could overhear their conversation as they ignored us waiting at the counter.

"...It was at the end of Masquerade, Zlatka was snogging the face off Heidi and who walks in?" He said.

"No?!" His female counterpart replied, obviously more in the know than us, shocked.

"I could have died. I was just like, swallow me up now." He replied.

Alrik tried to interject time after time. "Excuse me. Erm, excuse me?" They continued to ignore him, he tapped the counter repeatedly.

"Eurgh, hideous." The woman replied.

"Hideous? Sweetcakes, I didn't know where to put myself, I was like am I seriously witnessing this car crash?" He said. The woman spluttered as Alrik buried his head in his hands. I walked over.

"Oi, bender!" I interrupted. "We going to get some service here or what?" I asked, the guy turning to me, puffing on his cigarette before smirking at the woman.

"Ask nicely." He said, leaning in to me, challenging me. This was my chance. I could impress Alrik. I leaned over the counter and grabbed the guys shirt, pulling him closer to me. I then closed my eyes and headbutted him, knocking his head back by a good way. He fell over. I sat back, scowling at the woman, who just stood, shocked. Alrik chuckled to himself.

The gay guy got back to his feet, clutching his nose which already had blood pouring from it. He took a drag on his cigarette before looking at what was on the counter, he put it in a bag.

"...Oh, good choice, that one." He said, touching his nose before being sick on the floor. "It's forty quid fifty." He said, I stared at him. "Tell you what, I'll knock a tenner off, just call it thirty." Alrik laughed, chucking the money on the counter. He grabbed the money and started to clutch at his nose again, Alrik took the bag off the counter and grinned at me.

"Thank you muchly." I said, Alrik grinning.

"Fuckin' hell, Leonti la'." He said. "Didn't think you had that in ya."

"Yeah, well, you don't know me do you?" I replied, as we walked outside, the mod girl was there with her mate still, they laughed.

"I think someone's got a little crush on you kiddo." Alrik smirked. I laughed as we walked off.

Alrik.

We arrived back home, I unlocked the door and threw my coat and the bag with the records inside on the sofa.

"Welcome home, la'." I said, as I walked over to the record player. I looked back over to Leonti, who was just looking around, mouth agape.

"Welcome to chez Alrik, more like." He said. "Cool gaff la'." He walked into the room.

"We aim to please." I said, setting up the record player. I could hear his footsteps moving across the room, the wooden floor made every step echo around. It was much louder than it would be.

"What the fuck's that?" Ah. He'd met my noose. I was a little strange compared to everyone else, I suppose, a little too bohemian for the rest of them. My flat was a reminder of it. I lived a different life to everybody else.

"That, my friend, is an everyday reminder of the absurdity of life and the absolute certainty of death." I said, kneeling down to grab the record off the floor, I looked at his face. It was a twisted mixture of horror and absolute shock. He looked over as I rustled around on the floor, trying to find the right one. He moved over quickly, I didn't know why, this time.

"Fuckin' hell what are these?" He said, I looked around. Ah. He'd met the trainers I'd nicked whilst spending a short while in Swartaz. That had been a mad week, slumming it with the hippies there. We'd smashed the windows of a Kirola Sportswear store, nicked all the shoes in there and then sold them on as soon as we got back home, I'd kept a pair of them for myself though.

"Kirola Green Haze." I said.

"Where'd you get 'em?" He asked.

"Curiosity killed the cat, Leonti la'."

"I've never seen them in the shops here..." He said.

"Well you wouldn't." I grabbed one of the pair off him.

"How much like?" He inquired.

"Not for sale la'."

"Oh come on.."

"Look, they're not for sale. If they were, I haven't got your size mate, honest."

"How'd you know?"

"I just know." I said, slamming the lid back on the box and putting it back on the desk. He looked longingly at the box as I walked back over to the record player, putting the needle on the record and grabbing a box. I threw it to Leonti. "Now, skin up."

"I don't fancy getting stoned don't y'know." He replied. I smirked, turning around.

"What, he really meant was that, he couldn't swim." I said.

"Don't talk soft. Some of us have got work tomorrow." He replied, smirking.

"Ah. Leonti. You don't know the half of it." I said, pulling Leonti into an embrace.

"But what do you mean mate?" He said.

"You, my handsome friend..." Looking at him from arms length. "You have got it all haven't you?" I continued. "You've got choices."

"Ah, so let me guess." He said, sighing. "You, the poor, underprivileged council estate wastrel, you're fucked."

"In one lucky Jim."

"Bullshit."

"You may not know it yet, but it is how it is." I sighed, turning around and skinning up.

"Is it? Still can't go to the game with you and the FYC can I? I haven't got choices there!" He spluttered.

"Oh mate just leave it out yeah! Take it from one who knows, you, do not belong there!" He'd annoyed me now.

"Right." He paused. "And that mong in the parka, he's not even from around here." He fired back.

"Alexei?"

"Yeah, 'im."

"He may be a bit of a subbie, Alexei, but he's our subbie. He belongs, d'ya know?" I asked.

"Right, ta, thanks for letting me know." He said, angrily, head nodding. I licked the paper, sealing it up, then considering.

"If it really means that much to you.."

He interjected. "Yeah, it does."

"Of all the good and wondrous things we could do together, you'd rather go out fighting with a bunch of pissed up nobheads from the shitholes of Ibon."

"More than you could ever imagine."

I lit up the spliff and exhaled. He watched me intently as I took in the smoke, I looked over at him. "Alright then."

"You'll take me?" He asked, surprised.

"Ibon North, twelve bells, Saturday." I said.

"Saturday?"

"Aye, it's generally when footy matches tend to happen." I replied, sarcastically.

"Gotcha." He said.

Leonti.

Something was nudging me.

"Eurgh..." I said, as Alrik's smiling face came into view.

"Look sharp la'. We're in Pahranichny. There's a scrap on d'ya know. Come on. Up you get." He said, pulling me up as I blinked the sleep away. He passed me a jar full of brown stuff. It looked like they'd mixed all sorts of liquid and it had transformed into some sort of shit coloured solution. Radko was stood at the door at the end of the compartment. I took a deep swig.

"Are you ready?" Radko asked the tall guy behind him.

"I fuckin' am." Replied the ridiculously tall guy.

"Alright, let's hear it, come on." Radko said. Various shouts of 'come on' rang around the compartment as Radko began to walk down the train, towards the front, trying to get out near the front of the station. We had somewhere to be. He had his cup of coffee as the train rolled into the station and we began to step off, gingerly. Some of the lads shouted, some pulled on cagoules and jackets.

"Right, come on stick together and no noise." Radko said as Baby jumped past him and yelled at the top of his voice. "Woah, woah, woah. Slow down, fuckin' walk will you'se." He said acidly. Baby scowled at him and as he turned, Radko clouted him over the head. I smirked to Alrik. Baby noticed and sped up to catch up with us.

"Make sure you're in there you ponce." He said.

"You what?"

"You fuckin' know." I didn't reply. It was a long walk to the underpass from the station, we walked slowly. We were waiting around the corner from the underpass, making sure everyone was together. We could hear their lot speaking. They were probably a bunch of farmers.

"Fucking told you didn't I? Fucking knew they wouldn't the shithousers." Radko laughed at this and beckoned us to follow him. We all slowly walked around the corner. They spotted us. Their leader looked at us and laughed. "Look at you. Where fucking scarves you bunch of homos!" The ridiculously tall guy put his arms in the air, as if welcoming the comments. We were all dressed in our modern jeans, imported in from fashionable cities from across Rushmore, with our Vasili Petrenko jackets and Kirola 'trainies', and they were stood there in their worn out work clothes, looking like idiots.

We moved nearer, until we were just across from them. Their lot started yelling as we remained quiet, lining up across from them, Radko moving to the front of the group. They move closer. Alrik stood next to me, his head tilted, he smirked. I couldn't wait, the anticipation was huge. This was it. My first fight. We were all ready, waiting for Radko to tell us when to go. When to begin.

"We'll go through these queers easy then, yeah boys?" Their leader said, taunting.

Alrik turned to me. "Oh I love it when they say that." He laughed. He smiled evilly. The leader of their firm yelled something, taunting again, I didn't hear exactly what, though. It was getting louder, the two groups were moving closer. We were waiting for Radko's call. Baby got his stanley knife out.

"We'll go through these queers easy!" The leader shouted again. The two groups were closer now, waiting for the signal.

Radko dropped his plastic cup of coffee, some spilled out across the ground. It was the signal. It was pandemonium.
Last edited by Mytannion on Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Third Republic of Mytannion
Capital: Esca - Population: 43,500,000 - Demonym: Mytanar

Sporting Achievements:
Football: Copa Rushmori XVII, CoH 56 & 59 Champions. Qualified for WC 55, 58, 60, 61, 63, 66; Round of 16: WC 56, 57, 62, 65. Quarter Finals: WC 68.
Lacrosse: WLC IX & XVII Champions!

Aguazul
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 06, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Aguazul » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:47 pm

Aguazul conceded their first goal of qualifiers before they equalized. Cory Joković gave the Firebirds the lead on a long shot, and Aguazul got tenser before they relaxed.

But eventually, they did score, with Carranza assisting Lanos. They weren't as calm then as they'd been when the game had started (though the score was tied in both cases), and the play was increasingly sloppy. Jason Petković controlled the middle of the field, with Gascon sending long passes up past an ineffective Cecilia, towards Escobar.

Consuelo was back on the bench. So was Sandro Moreira. Sandro spent a lot of time on the bench, since he was backing up Gascon. In fact, he rather than Consuelo had technically been the one to replace Carmen Torillas.

This was mistakenly reported in previous accounts of the thrilling defensive displays in store, but it wasn't like anybody was paying much attention to the defense anyway. They certainly weren't interviewing them, at least.

Sandro Moreira had energy to burn, and he tapped his feet on the sidelines. Not even annoyed, just restless, and clearly unaware that the cameras were looking him and the entire bench over. A TV announcer, who had gotten bored trying to pronounce Chase Kowalczyk, muttered something about Sandro and his performances in Grisolon, and moved on to Juan Mario Pedroso, who was not usually on the bench but there he was for the second match in a row, also having energy but not needing to burn it. The Firebirds were doing plenty as it was.

(The match was in Ciruelas, not particularly known for incendiary displays, if only because the weather tended not to allow it. The retractable roof was up that day.)

And watching on TV, a certain Mayor Oliva (who was not a mayor), squinted.

Grisolon was more important to the navy than the army, he thought. It was on the coast. Probably. You never could tell with geography. But then again, even the army stood guard over lakes from time to time. And being outside the Supercentro, it had its own supply of nuclear weapons, for all one's noncentral nuclear needs.

Not a bad place to be posted, there with all the history of piracy. There was a glamor to piracy. But all the same, there might be more glamorous places to be, places that could make up their mind whether they were on the coast or what.

He would have to ask around.
La República del Aguazul

Astograth: Epée
Astograth: No idea where the tilde goes there
Val|WI: accent
Astograth: Tilde.
Val|WI: Tilde is this one: ~
Astograth: That's squiggly line

Lymantatia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lymantatia » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 pm

[quote="Lymantatia";p="11384115"]http://thefootballguy.bloghost.co.lym
Lymantatians tie in match in WC62
The Lymantatian football team tied!
Will Jacques DeLamielleure continue in WC63?
Yes: 800,277,092
No: 11,083,783
IDK: 46,299,993
Baptism of Fire 44 Round of 16, de facto retired.

Cuboneland
Secretary

Founded: Aug 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cuboneland » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:04 pm

As Thomas Pon watched Cuboneland win their second game, he cursed. How could this happen? He must put a stop to this at once.

He picked up his cell phone, typed in a number, and called it.

"Yes, this is Thomas Pon. I have someone I need taken care of."

"Who?" asked the voice on the line.

"Susanne Ace,"

Pon hung up his phone then looked at his TV. Cuboneland was winning. He would see how well they do once their coach was gone.

Geisenfried
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 02, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Geisenfried » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:22 pm

How long had it been, he wondered? He could probably do the math in his head if he tried hard enough, but he didn't feel like bothering. It felt like an age though, since he first walked out onto the field that summer day in Vilita, his first international cap. It'd been the first international cap for everyone on the team - the first Geisenfried national team to step foot on foreign soil in a generation. And on that day, it had been these same - well, maybe not exactly the same - Vegans who had suited up on the other side of the field. There were a lot of growing pains, coming back to the international fold. They got shut out that day, two-nil, and indeed, they got shut out that entire tournament, not scoring an international goal until the 61 qualifiers. But how far had they come since? Heinz had given up the captaincy of the team after the tournament, and he'd been wearing the golden band ever since, for good and for ill. Andreas had offered it to him because the manager thought that he'd done a good job leading the midfield at Gründer, and his style of play was heavy on the midfield. Man, how much had changed since then. He was no longer at Gründer - Königs had made a deal they couldn't refuse for him, trying to strengthen their own middle. And after failing to get sufficiently far in the knockouts at the latest AOCAF, Andreas was gone. He thought this unfair - I mean, they'd gone from losing every group match at 36 and not even scoring a goal to winning every single group match at 37 - being at home surely helped, but a stunning turnaround nonetheless. And the fact they were even hosting that tournament was because Andreas had pushed so hard to field the international team once again. But he kept a lid on it - it was uncouth for a captain to suggest that the old coach should still be here, since it would be a vote of no confidence against the new. And they were doing well under Gault - a bad loss to the Archregimancy excluded, they'd come out of the hardest part of their schedule with two wins and a loss, and even if they lost here, they'd be sitting fairly well off.

Still, he'd have no more time to reminisce - the game was approaching. And while he couldn't guarantee a win - the Vegans had become the 2nd-best team in the world, after all - he'd make sure they wouldn't get shut out against them again.

Busy weekend means no Chronicles again. I'll try and make them up during the break.

Andossa Se Mitrin Vega 4 - 1 Geisenfried
Image - Shr'tuu (8', 65'), Reiher (27'), Irin'arbor (33'), Kapekeoa (74')
The Royal Federation of Geisenfried / der Königsbund von Geisenfried
Proper demonym: Geisen

- Two-time quarterfinalist, six-time qualifier, and former host (XXXII) of the NationStates Football World Cup

Darmen
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:44 pm

OOC:An addition to my World XI entry.

Tor Tong Lee was a happy man. In fact, he had never been happier in his life. Darmen had beaten East Shippensburg by the impressive score of 4-0. And despite not scoring a single goal in that game, Lee was a happy man.

Tor Tong Lee was a happy man. In fact, he had never been happier in his life. Darmen was only a single point behing Qazox in second place. And despite the fact that the All Greens weren't first, Lee was a happy man.

Tor Tong Lee was a happy man. In fact, he had never been happier in his life. He had scored eight goals in five games, and lead the All Greens in goals scored. And despite the fact that the All Greens weren't first in terms of goals scored, Lee was happy man.

Tor Tong Lee was a happy man. In fact, he had never been happier in his life. He had been nominated by the Darmeni Soccer Federation for a spot on the World XI squad that was set to take on the hosts before the start of the World Cup proper. And despite his fears about not being a starter, Lee was a happy man.

But something wasn't right. Lee hadn't been his usually self lately, he wasn't as outgoing. He seemed almost shy, but that wasn't Lee. It couldn't be Lee. Something was wrong...
The Republic of Darmen
President: Sebastian Elliott (NLP) | Capital: Scott City | Population: 10.6 mil | Demonym: Darmeni | Trigramme: DAR
Factbook (WIP) | Encylopedia | Domestic Sports Newswire
Champions: CoH 51, CR 13, GCF Test 9, GCF Test 13, WBC 25, QWC 7 Runners-up: CoH 53, CR 10, GCF Test 11, T20C 2, T20C 4, RLWC 10, WBC 42
Third: CR 20, T20C 10, RLWC 20, RLWC 22, R7WC 4, WBC 21, BC 6 Host: CR 9, RWC 18, RWC 26, RWC 35, RLWC 12, RLWC 18, RLWC 22, BC 6, BC 10, WVE 4

Farfadillis
Minister

Founded: Feb 26, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Farfadillis » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:45 pm

Dandalleion's sheet of paper after finishing writing about the match against Warkus:

Out of Time

I haven't got much time to write today, so I'll just write about the goals....

On the twentieth minute, after we had been pretty dominant at the I7'snerra after losing a match against Taeshan I certainly won't forget for some time we finally got a win. A four-one win. We got to open the score after Tuzzio sent in a shot inside the box after Warkus' defense sucked badly. It was certainly relieving, as we were winning at least.

It took Warkus near to no time to equalize as Peredur Selwyn headed in a cross silently. Noone expected it really. The I7'snerra would be quite silent for a minute or two after that goal. It had been all of a surprise as we had been pretty dominant and winning was vital to assure chances of qualifying, if there were.

But then, we managed to recover the lead when I scored from a cross. It wasn't accidental, though. I was there at the box's right edge, left edge from where I could see it. One defender ran to me and, with all the weight of tying up to then, I saw the goalkeeper in an awkward position, I then shot beautifully, really, that goal was awesome. It was the two-one, finally. The fans were chanting once again, hI hate those fans who just chant when they're winning, but, well, that's what we get for being farves, maybe?

Anyways, we went to half time winning two-one. Then, on the second half things would turn around completely to our favour, so that we could win by a larger margin.

On the fifty-fifth minute, Johans took the ball on the penalty spot, with the goal behind him. He turned around quickly and shot to the keeper's lower-left corner. It was quite surprising.

Then, Johans, once again, shot from outside the box two minutes later and scored a fantastic goal. The goalkeeper grazed the ball but couldn't help it. It was the fourth goal for us and the fifth of the match, and the last one. And probably the one that demoralized the.... warkans?

All in all, it was a really good match for us, up next we have Armed Bears, a team we must beat if we want to have good chances for the second half. Let's hope it all goes well.
The Outlandish Lands of Farfadillis Ӿ Population: 20,814,000 ± 11,186,000
Capital: not applicable Ӿ Demonym: Farf, plural Farves
Shango-Fogoa Premier League (wiki) Ӿ Farfadillis national football team Ӿ Map of Farfadillis Ӿ Name Generator

Champions: World Cup 84 and AOCAF Cups 43, 48 and 57
Hosts: World Cups 85 and 91, Baptisms of Fire 54, 68 and 78 and AOCAF Cups 38, 60 and 67

Vilita
Minister

Founded: Feb 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Vilita » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:54 pm

Jaded Gets Chance, Blows It.

After watching from the sidelines for the opening four matchdays of World Cup 62 Qualifying, Aranora Jaded finally got the nod from Vilita National Team head coach Calaesa Mitaroka and kitted up, ready to get the chance to prove that he was not only the best goalkeeper in Vilita, but one of the best in the Multiverse.

Of course, it was not particularly surprising that Jaded was given the opportunity to start in this particular match. The match was being held at the Arcticala Electrical Stadium, the same arena that Jaded calls home on a week to week basis during the Vilitan Stellar Division season, home of Arcticala Inlet AFC. The Arcticala Electrical Stadium was originally constructed during World Cup 34 but was not maintained for some time after that. The Arcticala Electrical Stadium was re-opened during World Cup 58 after being overhauled, completed and modernized. The refurbished 90,000+ seater stadium is one of the most advanced stadiums in the region with the funding of Vilita's biggest energy provider behind it. The exterior of the arena is fully covered in solar panels, providing energy not only for every internal feature of the stadium, but also for a large portion of the surrounding city.

There was plenty of solar power available on matchday as the sun was shining bright on the southern Vilitan coast. Jaded was pumped, the fans were pumped. Vilita was unbeaten and fighting for first place - not mired in mediocrity and just trying to claw back into a playoff slot as they had been 5 matches in the previous two campaigns. There was also a decently sized contingent of support for the away side as well, however, with New West Guiana the only other Atlantian Oceania based side in Group 19. Hardly 'regional rivals', the two nations would be meeting for the first time at the Arcticala Electrical Stadium, despite competing in no less than 3 AOCAF competitions together.

The opposing fans didn't have very far to travel, in the grand scheme of things, with New West Guiana being located just on the otherside of Calania on the shores of Lake Bekk, just on the other side of former Krytenia.

Aranora Jaded could hear the fans from the locker room, the Vilitan fans with their chants, followed every so often by the fans from New West Guiana, with a much fainter chant something about how they finish in last place every AOCAF, but they were still going to take down the regions founding fathers... it wasn't entirely making sense to Jaded but he also was only half paying attention to it.

Finally came time to walk out and Jaded followed Ritopa Simafela out of the tunnell, remembering what it was like to wear the Jungle Cat uniform as it had been a while for Jaded as the starting keeper. Not since conceding two goals on the opening matchday of World Cup 61 - a result that would eventually be the undoing of Vilitan chances, has Jaded been the starting keeper for the Vilitan National Team.

... It was all going right for Vilita, Manolis Kontalroma's 26th minute strike had given the Jungle Cats a 1-0 lead going into the half, although, he later had to be substituted after picking up a knock in the 37th minute, being replaced by Jian Lejsrma. Resaie Kentiak was introduced at the half to sure up what looked to be a simple 3 points for Vilita to stay on the course.

Something happened in the second half that would haunt Aranora Jaded. He dropped the ball. It was a shot from Florence Diyelo that seemed simple enough, but Jaded couldn't hang on to it. The ball spilled to his right towards the open goal. He dove behind him, but just before the outstretched arm got there, the foot of Jamie Usor poked it over the line silencing the 80,000+ Home supporters in attendance.

Head coach Calaesa Mitaroka quickly responding, removing defender Miiara Makose for the attacker and free kick specialist Erocka Lorei. They just didn't get another chance, however, in fact, there was some retribution for Jaded in stoppage time with a not-so-easy save that prevented the Atlantian Oceanian minnows from stealing all three points on the day.

In the end, however, the Jungle Cats perfect start to World Cup 62 Qualifying had been marred, and Jaded could find no one to blame for it but himself.

West Guiana
:: Goalscorers ::
:: 26' Manolis Kontalroma
:: Goalscorers ::
:: 65' Jamie Usor
:: Best Player: Sipaao Vereaoao
:: Worst Player: Uajiala Pulkki
:: Shots on Target: 2
:: Corner Kicks: 3
:: Best Player: Florence Diyelo
:: Worst Player: Jeuo Lopez
:: Shots on Target: 5
:: Corner Kicks: 7

Vilita Jungle Cats (3-(1-4)-2) ::
[GK] Aranora Jaded, [D] Miiara Makose, [D] Uajiala Pulkki, [D] Sipaao Vereaoao, [DMC] Tujamu Treola, [ML] Manolis Kontalroma, [MC] Steffyn Siazzu, [MC] Riksa Valjariia, [MR] Kiroki Mitaroka, [FC] Viji-mara Lawaai, [FC] Sirkii Moliaudo
[FC] Lita Adjei, [FC] Erocka Lorei, [M] Jian Lejsrma, [M] Resaie Kentiak, [U] Retiso Buran, [D] Tyaoino Munviola, [GK] Jungrii Canopii

Vilita Substitutions::
(37) - Manolis Kontalroma >>> Jian Lejsrma
(45) - Sipaao Vereaoao >>> Resaie Kentiak
(65) - Miiara Makose >>> Erocka Lorei

(For Future Statistical Reference)
GK :: Aranora Jaded 6

D :: Miiara Makose 6
D :: Uajiala Pulkki 6
D :: Sipaao Vereaoao 7

DMC :: Tujamu Treola 9

ML :: Manolis Kontalroma 5
MC :: Steffyn Siazzu 8
MC :: Riksa Valjariia 7
MR :: Kiroki Mitaroka 6

FC :: Viji-mara Lawaai 6
FC :: Sirkii Moliaudo 5

Vilitan Subs Bench:
FC :: Lita Adjei DNP
FC :: Erocka Lorei 5
M :: Jian Lejsrma 6
M :: Resaie Kentiak 6
U :: Retiso Buran DNP
D :: Tyaoino Munviola DNP
GK :: Jungrii Canopii DNP

Group 19
Felix Terra (340)
West Guiana (88)
Saugeais (25)
Vilita (17)
Royal East America (316)
Bergnovinaia (47)
Northern Sunrise Islands (155)
Mashiki (131)
MD 1: v. Royal East America
MD 2: @ Bergnovinaia
MD 3: v. Northern Sunrise Islands .
MD 4: @ Felix Terra

MD 5: v. West Guiana
MD 6: @ Saugeais
MD 7: v. Mashiki
MD 8: @ Royal East America
MD 9: v. Bergnovinaia
MD 10: @ Northern Sunrise Islands
MD 11: v. Felix Terra
MD 12: @ West Guiana
MD 13: v. Saugeais
MD 14: @ Mashiki

-¤-¤-¤World Cup 20 Champions¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤World Cup 68 Champions¤-¤-¤-
-¤-¤-¤World Cup 77 Champions¤-¤-¤-

Region: Atlantian Oceania - The Home of Sport

Equestrian States
Senator

Founded: Dec 15, 2011
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Equestrian States » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:57 pm

ESPN: Equestrian Sports Programming Network
Another Day, Another Win
By Steve McNotapony

STALLIONGRAD - Despite the worst defeat in team history, the Equestrian States has had its best start in five World Cup qualifying campaigns according to many. This claim was reinforced last night as the Equestrians cruised to another easy win, bringing their record to 4-0-1 after five matches. Even without star goalkeeper High Soarin’, the Equestrians have been able to win games that could be decisive in a close group like the one they are in.

From the beginning, it was the Equestrian States who would dominate the pitch. With a commanding lead in possession time, the Equestrians were able to slowly wear down the Weatherdon defense. It was no surprise then, when in the 23rd minute, midfielder Starlight Sparkle blasted a shot past the Weatherdon goalkeeper for an easy goal. Perhaps taking out his frustration, one of the Weatherdon defenders (who opted to remain unnamed along with every other player on the Weatherdon national team) made a nasty slide tackle against Rapid Dash in the 28th minute.

It was here that the Equestrians made their only noticeable errors in the match, as they seemed to lose their composure a little and responded with several aggressive attacks of their own. One of these attacks would result in a yellow card for Equestrian buffalo defender Stronghoof. Weatherdon’s offense responded in the way the Equestrians did not, and a series of a few precision attacks would allow one of their forwards to tie the match at one before the half.

But the break gave the Equestrians a chance to regain the composure they had lost after the yellow card, and Rapid Dash’s brother, Fire Dash, would rifle a shot by the Weatherdon keeper three minutes after the half. The Equestrians would dominate with ease for the next fifteen minutes before defender Flitter found the ball in her hooves and an open field in front of her. Realizing the opportunity presented to her, the pegasus sprinted down the pitch before gracefully batting the ball over the head of the goalkeeper to give the Equestrians a solid 3-1 lead that they would hold for the rest of the game. It was Flitter’s first goal in this qualifying campaign.

With a commanding lead, head coach Twilight Striker pulled Apple Jack and Starlight Sparkle in favor of two defenders, rearranging the Equestrian formation as a far more defensive 5-3-2. The move would pay off, and the Equestrian States locked down the remainder of Weatherdon’s attacks until the whistle blew and the team could celebrate another clean victory.

Next up for the Equestrian States is the team from United Gordonopia. While the Gordonopians have struggled thus far in the campaign, they are expected to be a solid challenge for the Equestrians. With a massive crowd supporting them, nothing can be taken for granted by the Equestrian States. Analysts have been split fairly equally in their decisions, ranging from 3-0 victories, to 1-2 defeats, and plenty of draws in between for the Equestrians. Regardless of the result, it should be a good game to watch.

Equestrian States vs. Weatherdon
3 - Goals - 1
Starlight Sparkle (EQS) ‘23
Unknown (WEA) ’38
Fire Dash (EQS) ‘48
Flitter (EQS) ‘63
59% - Possession - 41%
26 - Shots - 19
12 - On Goal - 6
3 - Fouls - 4
4 - Corners - 2
3 - Offside - 3
1 - Yellow Cards - 1
Unknown (WEA) ‘28
Stronghoof (EQS) ‘36
0 - Red Cards - 0
None
83rd World Cup Champions
58th & 59th AOCAF Cup Champions
5x World Cup, 2x Cup of Harmony, 1x Baptism of Fire, 2x World Cup of Hockey, 3x World Baseball Classic, 1x World Bowl, 2x International Basketball Championship Host

Western cuba
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Western cuba » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:58 pm

We Roll Like This
Moreno's PK Leads Western Cuba to Victory, Remains Second in Group
By: Felipe Herrera
WCSN.com

Just like Bordurian, it wasn't by a huge score, but Western Cuba got the lone goal and it gave them the three points. A foul in the box on Tito Moreno in the 25th minute gave Moreno the opportunity to win the game for Western Cuba. Moreno did so without a sweat, easily finessing the ball into the right side of the goal, the Alladium goalie didn't even make an attempt in easy it, he just looked lost in goal.

But just like the game against Bordurian, that was the only error the Allandium goalie made. What could of been a rout by Western Cuba, instead it turned into opportunities being lost after blown shot after blown shot.

Mendoza blowing a huge break-away in the 40th minute pretty much summarized the game for Western Cuba. Mendoza did well in creating the break-away, faking out the defender in front of him with a step over, and then doing a roulette past him.

Mendoza would simply do a shoulder feint against the goalie, foolishly faking him out and leaving a wide open goal for Mendoza. Instead of simply tapping the goal in, Mendoza took a more power shot, which ended up hitting the post and heading towards the legs of an Alladium defender.

"It's probably a good thing coach didn't pick me for the penalty kick", chuckled a bittersweet Mendoza about the missed opportunity. Clearly Mendoza was relieved that his team won, but was easily frustrated about a shot most three-year old's would have no problem scoring.

The qualifying campaign has been an interesting story so far for Mendoza, who has showed signs of his true form, (against Cosumar), and then signs of getting old, like tonight. But getting old is no excuse for missing that shot. Mendoza is a lucky boy for Moreno hitting that penalty kick earlier, if he didn't, he would slowly became the most loved player in Western Cuba, to the scapegoat of the national team.

The next two games before the second half are huge for Western Cuba. They face Falconwhereveryouare and the Holy Empire, one of the better teams in the group. So far though, Western Cuba hasn't had too much of a problem playing against the better teams in the qualifying group, interesting enough, Western Cuba had a harder time beating Allandium and Bordurian than Cosumar, who is ranked 39th in the world. There also 4-0-1 in the group, there only lose coming from a break down from us.

But you ponder about this, it seems when Mendoza does well, the national team does well. When he falters, like last night, the whole team just seems not to produce as well without him playing well. And that's kind of strange, it's not like two cups ago, when Mendoza was really the only talent on this team. We have plenty of talent to support him. I suppose its maybe a team chemistry thing, after all, Mendoza is the captain on this team and the guy to look up to. He aided in launching the popularity of soccer in Western Cuba. He is part of the reason, that 30,000 die-hard fans pack Stadio Diego-Botto for every home qualifying game. He is a large reason, that people go out to cheer for there local clubs, even though Mendoza plays for Scott City FC, in the country of Darmen.

Speaking of Darmen and other influential players, Cayo Vargas has officially announced his retirement playing soccer, Vargas was a member of Darmen City United, and I'm sure the fans will miss him. It's sort of a relief hearing his retirement though, now he will have team to manage the national team, even during the domestic season. I really like Vargas as a manager, and I can't wait to see the future this team holds.

And Western Cuba has the huge chance to capitalize tonight against Falconwhereveryouare, a win against this team would be a huge statement to the group. A win against the Holy Empire, well that would be a statement to the world. The game is at Falconwhereveryouare, but fans of Western Cuba, make sure to watch the game on WCSN.

Previous Entries:
Stalemate in Havana
Two for the Show
Magnificent Mendoza
Head on In
Now known as the Technological State of Adros, the successor state of Western Cuba

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports