NATION

PASSWORD

The Cornellian Empire (MT; Liberal Democracies Needed!)

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Yanitza
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 18, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Yanitza » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:50 am

New Edom wrote:
Yanitza wrote:Nation Name: The Peoples Republic of Antokus
Nation Leader: Chairman Paris Dionidis
When Did your Country Become Part of the Empire? During the empires early stages
What did Your Country Do During the Collapse? initially the people of Antokus fought on the side of the empire due to a lack of National awareness and unity. However during the empires final death throes Major Antokusian revolutionaries manged to form a an Independent state.
What is Your Country's Position on the Revival of the Empire? Relatively indifferent due to the very inwards looking nature of the country
Do any of your people have Claim to the Throne?No
Roleplaying Example:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=135547
Basic Description of Nation:

The nation of Antokus is one that has been under the sway of the Cornellian empire for many centuries, coming under the empires sovereignty during its early days. Due to the long period of Imperial rule, much of the Antokusian population was reduced to that of poor illiterate land bound serfs or free lance mercenaries, that as time marched on became increasingly tribalised and clan based. This would have an important effect on the state, as much of the original Antokusian population was assimilated over time into more organised and aware ethnicity s meaning that the borders of an independent Antokus zone shrunk to its present day form.

The Tribal nature of Antokus society meant that when the Empire entered it's death throes and suffered its collapse, many Antokusians fought on the side of the local Imperial forces simply because they saw no alternative and as a way to gain power over rival clans. However the emergence of several important Nationalist figures and organisations meant that the nation was able to declare it's independence eventually, if not very late. Post Independence years initially seemed fruitful as the new state attempted to form a republic and form relations with its long lost cousins in Yanitza. After the failure of the both these projects, and a weak economy forced the state to degenerate into a series of warring internal factions that was relatively forgotten by the rest of the Regional community.

At it's present form, Antokus remains one of the poorest states in the region, currently under the rule of a once strong but now weakening Communist party dictatorship that's existence is now being threatened by splinter left wing revolutionary groups, increasing tribal warfare and violent religious extremists.

EDIT: Also i will use my puppet nation if i am accepted

I'm starting to get wary of people applying with puppets. Only nations that have applied with main nation and puppets so far have roleplayed consistently. It is a good application, but I wonder how much this would actually contribute to the region.

well i can understand that, its just that while i like the idea behind this region and would like to get involved, i already have an established theme with Yanitza that i like, even if the Rping is somewhat slow in Slavija (region). Anyway, my idea was to have a major civil war type Rp sought of like Afghanistan after the Soviet Invasion. Hope this helps at alll but i can understand if you would reject the application.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:19 am

Yanitza wrote:
New Edom wrote:
I'm starting to get wary of people applying with puppets. Only nations that have applied with main nation and puppets so far have roleplayed consistently. It is a good application, but I wonder how much this would actually contribute to the region.

well i can understand that, its just that while i like the idea behind this region and would like to get involved, i already have an established theme with Yanitza that i like, even if the Rping is somewhat slow in Slavija (region). Anyway, my idea was to have a major civil war type Rp sought of like Afghanistan after the Soviet Invasion. Hope this helps at alll but i can understand if you would reject the application.

I think that's the regional trend, civil wars. Anyway: if you were going to rp regularly that would be okay. We almost had a communist nation in the region but the player bowed out. Do you have some idea of what kind of hemisphere you'd like to be in?
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Yanitza
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Yanitza » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:23 am

New Edom wrote:
Yanitza wrote:

I think that's the regional trend, civil wars. Anyway: if you were going to rp regularly that would be okay. We almost had a communist nation in the region but the player bowed out. Do you have some idea of what kind of hemisphere you'd like to be in?

oh well if there's quite a lot of civil wars in the region the i'm sure i could start a conflict with someone, as for location i suppose on the southern one near the late roman empire would make sense because of my states history and because it is pretty empty

Yanitza
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Yanitza » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:07 pm

so should i move a puppet in or?

Kartelande
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kartelande » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:19 pm

Puppet of Sri Tschow

Nation Name: The Federal Republic of Kartelande
Nation Leader: Chancellor Jonas Richter
When Did your Country Become Part of the Empire? 1080 BC
What did Your Country Do During the Collapse? Grouped together to form a nation.
What is Your Country's Position on the Revival of the Empire? Against.
Do any of your people have Claim to the Throne? No.
Roleplaying Example: The Eastern Conference, Vapor
Basic Description of Nation: While not a third world country (more akin to modern Germany), we can offer many economic and defensive benefits.

The 4th Philippine Republic
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The 4th Philippine Republic » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:14 pm

Nation Name: The Valhallan Dystopia of the 4th Philippine Republic (The VDPR)

Nation Leader: Governor-General P. Abad Santos

When Did your Country Become Part of the Empire? The Valhallans were one of the many small confederations of tribes subdued by the empire's military exploits at the height of its power.

What did Your Country Do During the Collapse? The collapse disrupted trade routes and vital links to the old empire's other provinces, placing great pressure on the population. Raiding/pillaging/plundering became a common way of life for many, and the paganism that has now become the national religion first gained its ground as people sought hope in those dark hours.

What is Your Country's Position on the Revival of the Empire? Much progress and development has been made since the fall, and the elite of society have expressed their intentions to carry the dystopia forward free of foreign rule. The dependency that the VDPR used to have with regard to the old empire has been viewed as a sign of weakness, and since then the country has been largely isolationist.

Do any of your people have Claim to the Throne? None.

Roleplaying Example: N/A. Haven't really been active around NS, so this is my first attempt at it (save for the occasional purchase on GE&T). I've read and understood the stickies though, that I can assure you.

Basic Description of Nation: The VDPR is a grim place to be, a failed utopia drowned by the bloody rituals and morbid culture of its religion and society at large. Slaves and POW's are often used as lambs in large mass sacrificial rituals while the people themselves are raised in a hostile environment where death, natural selection and might-makes-right are the laws of the land. Although the madly industrializing economy provides an abundance of commodities and jobs for the population's consumption, and commercial and industrial exploits are abound, the values that have contributed to this and become the backbone of the nation are dark. The Valhallan Filipino's are a warlike people, craving for glory among other things since the bloody flood of a revolution that ended the last republic and turned the country on its head.

While under the old empire, the first through third republics (the 2nd being a "Commonwealth") languished in poverty and corruption, while its people were, as the current Governor-General often put it, "an uncivilized, feminine, poorly cultured, uneducated and largely ignorant pantheon of baboons". This trend continued for several centuries (15th cent. - early 21st cent.), until in the year 2010 the national elections were disrupted by a series of small riots and mass protests, which eventually turned into a full-blown revolution to seize power and end the cancerous grip that had kept the country in its death coil for ages. The standing status quo was violently oppressed (millions from the wealthy, the middle class and the poor were systematically slaughtered and turned into sacrifices for the dark gods), all symbols and traces of the old order were destroyed, and a new government was installed. This administration, whose principles flew in the face of everything the Philippines' stood for, now sought to revamp the entire society from the ground up.

The new VDPR is a pagan haven. Armed gangs and mafias in league with the government keep the people in line and working and in exchange gain their own benefits. The largely militarized population now abides by a strict code of ethics and discipline, the brutality and totalitarianism of which would be enough to make the late Mussolini proud. Power stems not from the people, but from the barrel of a gun and resounds with the howl of the wolf and the mad laughter of the laughing gods, whose thirst for blood is insatiable.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:21 pm

The 4th Philippine Republic wrote:Nation Name: The Valhallan Dystopia of the 4th Philippine Republic (The VDPR)

Nation Leader: Governor-General P. Abad Santos

When Did your Country Become Part of the Empire? The Valhallans were one of the many small confederations of tribes subdued by the empire's military exploits at the height of its power.

What did Your Country Do During the Collapse? The collapse disrupted trade routes and vital links to the old empire's other provinces, placing great pressure on the population. Raiding/pillaging/plundering became a common way of life for many, and the paganism that has now become the national religion first gained its ground as people sought hope in those dark hours.

What is Your Country's Position on the Revival of the Empire? Much progress and development has been made since the fall, and the elite of society have expressed their intentions to carry the dystopia forward free of foreign rule. The dependency that the VDPR used to have with regard to the old empire has been viewed as a sign of weakness, and since then the country has been largely isolationist.

Do any of your people have Claim to the Throne? None.

Roleplaying Example: N/A. Haven't really been active around NS, so this is my first attempt at it (save for the occasional purchase on GE&T). I've read and understood the stickies though, that I can assure you.

Basic Description of Nation: The VDPR is a grim place to be, a failed utopia drowned by the bloody rituals and morbid culture of its religion and society at large. Slaves and POW's are often used as lambs in large mass sacrificial rituals while the people themselves are raised in a hostile environment where death, natural selection and might-makes-right are the laws of the land. Although the madly industrializing economy provides an abundance of commodities and jobs for the population's consumption, and commercial and industrial exploits are abound, the values that have contributed to this and become the backbone of the nation are dark. The Valhallan Filipino's are a warlike people, craving for glory among other things since the bloody flood of a revolution that ended the last republic and turned the country on its head.

While under the old empire, the first through third republics (the 2nd being a "Commonwealth") languished in poverty and corruption, while its people were, as the current Governor-General often put it, "an uncivilized, feminine, poorly cultured, uneducated and largely ignorant pantheon of baboons". This trend continued for several centuries (15th cent. - early 21st cent.), until in the year 2010 the national elections were disrupted by a series of small riots and mass protests, which eventually turned into a full-blown revolution to seize power and end the cancerous grip that had kept the country in its death coil for ages. The standing status quo was violently oppressed (millions from the wealthy, the middle class and the poor were systematically slaughtered and turned into sacrifices for the dark gods), all symbols and traces of the old order were destroyed, and a new government was installed. This administration, whose principles flew in the face of everything the Philippines' stood for, now sought to revamp the entire society from the ground up.

The new VDPR is a pagan haven. Armed gangs and mafias in league with the government keep the people in line and working and in exchange gain their own benefits. The largely militarized population now abides by a strict code of ethics and discipline, the brutality and totalitarianism of which would be enough to make the late Mussolini proud. Power stems not from the people, but from the barrel of a gun and resounds with the howl of the wolf and the mad laughter of the laughing gods, whose thirst for blood is insatiable.

Very good cultural post! We usually tweak things a little with history and maps and so on. An important question: will you be actively roleplaying? This is a vital matter for the region. While people can be absent of course for r/l concerns the main point is that the geography and history should have a sense of vitality.
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:23 pm

Kartelande wrote:Puppet of Sri Tschow

Nation Name: The Federal Republic of Kartelande
Nation Leader: Chancellor Jonas Richter
When Did your Country Become Part of the Empire? 1080 BC
What did Your Country Do During the Collapse? Grouped together to form a nation.
What is Your Country's Position on the Revival of the Empire? Against.
Roleplaying Example: The Eastern Conference, Vapor
Basic Description of Nation: While not a third world country (more akin to modern Germany), we can offer many economic and defensive benefits.

I'm wary of having puppets join the region--what has tended to happen is that the main nations don't post in the region. Why do you want to join this region?

Sri Tschow
Minister

Founded: Jul 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sri Tschow » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:43 am

The Cookish States asked me if I want to join, and I looked at the region, it seems rather nice, and I think it might lead to good RP opportunities.

I've taken a look at your nation, and it looks pretty interesting.
That being said, would you be willing to join my region? It's called Cornellia, and it's one of the premier RPing regions on NS. Now, I've noticed your technique (in RPing) could use some work, we can help with that.
So, I'm basically asking, do you wanna go pro? ;)
"Asking NSG about military strategy is like asking Stephen Hawking about running hurdles."~Blazedtown

"There is no fixing the world. There is just making it suck a little less."~Corsca

"Humans fight to the last. When all hope is lost, when everything stands to be taken? That's when they fight the hardest. I see no reason not to continue that tradition."~The Emerald Legion

"Capitalism is a petrol station with unreasonably priced drinks on the highway to utopia."~Forster Keys
Economic Left|Right: -5.88
Social Libertarian|Authoritarian: -6.87
Vapor Political Spectrum
Are found here.

Morskova
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Morskova » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:07 pm

Nation Name:The Democratic Republic of Morskova
Nation Leader: President Ivan Braginski
When Did your Country Become Part of the Empire?Due to the History of the Morskova region it various portions of it have been under Empire control for various points of time so there is no exact date.
What did Your Country Do During the Collapse? During the Collapse the different Kingdoms of Morskova were like always fighting amongst themselves. Using the Collapse as a Casus belli some of the Kingdoms claimed to fight the other Kingdoms for or either against the Empire.
What is Your Country's Position on the Revival of the Empire? Now with the Region United and standing together for the first time in many years, Morskova is firmly against the Empire.
Do any of your people have Claim to the Throne?None
Roleplaying Example: The Unification/Revolution of Morskova, Neromius Conference, Red Winter
Basic Description of Nation: Originally Morskova was just a Region on the Outskirts of the Empire. A cold and rough land, it was home to various groups of people who formed their own independent warring tribes, eventually German Crusaders came to the land and became a strong dominate force in the Region and these Crusaders formed the first Kingdoms of the Morskova region. Fighting among themselves for the resources of the region even under the Empire the Kingdoms still fought among themselves and Morskova was the 'hell' on earth for a large portion of history. During the Collapse of the Empire a Communist Revolution was rampant throughout the land and by the end the majority of the Region was Unified and now under single party Communist Rule, and now is ruled by President Ivan Braginski, also Head Secretary of the Communist Party of Morskova.

The two main language and ethnic groups are Russians (50%) and Germans (40%) while the other 10% is split between Lithuanians and Latvians and both around 5% each.

Though a Communist Nation, Morskova is majorly Christian and while the State dose promote Secularization it does not promote Atheism. With around 45% Belonging to the Orthodox Christian faith and 45% to Lutheran Protestantism , 5% Catholic and 5% are Atheistic or Non-religious.

Economic Profile

Imports

Primary Imports(Pick 1-5)
Rubber and Plastic Products, Electronic Components
Secondary Imports (Pick 1-5)
Automobiles, Fruits and Vegetables, Coffees and Teas, Finished Electronics
Tertiary Imports (Pick 1-5)
Clothing, Tobacco, Marijuana and other Recreational Drugs

Exports:

Primary Exports
Crude Oil, Natural Gas, Quality and Lesser Metals, Rare minerals, Lumber and other Raw Materials, Small and Large Arms
Secondary Exports
Alcohol, Grain products, Various Tools, Manufactured Goods
Tertiary Exports
Quality Alcohol, Medicines,Toys, and Furs

Services:
Tourism
Healthcare
Educational Field
Public Utility
Energy Provider
Last edited by Morskova on Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
(That German Guy who lives in NC)
National Anthem:Das Lied von der Morskovan
Motto: “Ein gekrönter Bär fürchtet keine.”(A crowned bear fears none.)
Government: Electoral Absolute Monarchy
Languages: Nordic (German), Morskoj (Russian)
Religion: Nebver and Old Gods Worship

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:17 pm

Morskova wrote:Nation Name:The Democratic Republic of Morskova
Nation Leader: President Ivan Braginski
When Did your Country Become Part of the Empire?Due to the History of the Morskova region it various portions of it have been under Empire control for various points of time so there is no exact date.
What did Your Country Do During the Collapse? During the Collapse the different Kingdoms of Morskova were like always fighting amongst themselves. Using the Collapse as a Casus belli some of the Kingdoms claimed to fight the other Kingdoms for or either against the Empire.
What is Your Country's Position on the Revival of the Empire? Now with the Region United and standing together for the first time in many years, Morskova is firmly against the Empire.
Do any of your people have Claim to the Throne?None
Roleplaying Example: The Unification/Revolution of Morskova, Neromius Conference, Red Winter
Basic Description of Nation: Originally Morskova was just a Region on the Outskirts of the Empire. A cold and rough land, it was home to various groups of people who formed their own independent warring tribes, eventually German Crusaders came to the land and became a strong dominate force in the Region and these Crusaders formed the first Kingdoms of the Morskova region. Fighting among themselves for the resources of the region even under the Empire the Kingdoms still fought among themselves and Morskova was the 'hell' on earth for a large portion of history. During the Collapse of the Empire a Communist Revolution was rampant throughout the land and by the end the majority of the Region was Unified and now under single party Communist Rule, and now is ruled by President Ivan Braginski, also Head Secretary of the Communist Party of Morskova.

The two main language and ethnic groups are Russians (50%) and Germans (40%) while the other 10% is split between Lithuanians and Latvians and both around 5% each.

Though a Communist Nation, Morskova is majorly Christian and while the State dose promote Secularization it does not promote Atheism. With around 45% Belonging to the Orthodox Christian faith and 45% to Lutheran Protestantism , 5% Catholic and 5% are Atheistic or Non-religious.

Economic Profile

Imports

Primary Imports(Pick 1-5)
Rubber and Plastic Products, Electronic Components
Secondary Imports (Pick 1-5)
Automobiles, Fruits and Vegetables, Coffees and Teas, Finished Electronics
Tertiary Imports (Pick 1-5)
Clothing, Tobacco, Marijuana and other Recreational Drugs

Exports:

Primary Exports
Crude Oil, Natural Gas, Quality and Lesser Metals, Rare minerals, Lumber and other Raw Materials, Small and Large Arms
Secondary Exports
Alcohol, Grain products, Various Tools, Manufactured Goods
Tertiary Exports
Quality Alcohol, Medicines,Toys, and Furs

Services:
Tourism
Healthcare
Educational Field
Public Utility
Energy Provider

It seems like you're just becoming active again. Your stuff is of good quality, so that's not an issue, I'd be glad to have a player of your quality in the region. My only concern is that you just returned: do you have time available as far as you know to roleplay regularly?

Morskova
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Morskova » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:34 pm

Though i am Morskova that has just become active again I myself have always been active. I have been playing through my other nation in a region founded by my friend. Nord another one of my friends and I have been in many regions together. Because he seems to have found a home here and I miss the many rps we had I decided to recreate my nation. And while I was learning more of your region here I liked it more and more and have become very interested in joining. 

Also because I am a student I do not have his much role playing time as I wish I still have the majority of my weekends free and I do make time to check nationstates at least once a day. So to answer your question yes I will have time  active in the region and I plan on being very active and getting to experience role-playing in this region. 
Last edited by Morskova on Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(That German Guy who lives in NC)
National Anthem:Das Lied von der Morskovan
Motto: “Ein gekrönter Bär fürchtet keine.”(A crowned bear fears none.)
Government: Electoral Absolute Monarchy
Languages: Nordic (German), Morskoj (Russian)
Religion: Nebver and Old Gods Worship

Asharis
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Asharis » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:21 pm

Nation Name: The Asharic Empire.

Nation Leader: HM the Emperor Hienrik III Vectas.

When Did your Country Become Part of the Empire? Asharis was annexed in a brutal campaign 1805.

What did Your Country Do During the Collapse? Free ourselves by throwing out Imperial influance in a bloody war of liberation, then fight a brutal 95-year long civil war.

What is Your Country's Position on the Revival of the Empire? Free at last! No more slavery! No more occupation! Hands off Asharis!

Do any of your people have Claim to the Throne? None. House Vectas was a minor noble house before the fall of the Empire.

Roleplaying Example:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=170858
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=180670
A lot with my other nation as well.

Asharis is an old idea, and an old nation...
The Asharic Empire has been through a century of unparalleled turbulance. Religious strife, political unrest, civil wars, one after another, executed monarchs, a military dictatorship, a populist Emperor restored. The overthrow another government, democracy, revolution, revolution again. Untill finally a certain marquise named Baelanos Vectas managed to rally three parties. The Asharic Iron Guard. The Aristocratic Pact and the Keelini Federalist Movement. With these three parties he formed the modern Asharic Empire as it is today. And the people of Asharis hailed his rule for the economic rise and administrative excellence that pulled Asharis up from the muck and mire of the shot-apart Third World. And eventhough Baelanos the Good died more that a decade ago, his son, Emperor Hienrik is determined to follow in his fathers footsteps.

Today, Asharis is looking at a bright future. The economy rises exponentially, along with industrial capacity, wage levels, technological base and standrad of living. While poverty levels and unemployments levels are dropping. Even though all these great news. There can be no denying the fact that the people of Asharis live under a brutal, opressive and corrupt government in a nation characterized by extreme levels of xenophobia, intolerance, extremism, religious persecution, political repression, mass indoctrination and propaganda. This has bred a fiercly loyal, fanatical, hardend and brutalized population with it´s values in the teachings of the Royal Family, the Coalition of Patriots and the Keelini Churches.

OCC: I do not promise 100% activity all the time. I can however hope to be as active as possible.
Last edited by Asharis on Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Delmonte
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Delmonte » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:29 am

Nation Name: The Most Serene Republic of The Grand City of Delmonte
Nation Leader: Doge Cesare di Canossa (il Serenissimo)
When Did your Country Become Part of the Empire? When the Cornellian Emperor, in 537 AD, offered the Grand City of Delmonte vassalization to the Empire in exchange for semi-autonomy.
What did Your Country Do During the Collapse? Oh, investment, trade. A little bit of this, a little bit of that. ;) Due to our already semi-autonomous nature, we were relatively unchanged.
What is Your Country's Position on the Revival of the Empire? Ambivalent. While we are fine with the diplomatic power our independence gives us, we would not need that power if we were part of a larger collective once more.
Roleplaying Example: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=202761

Delmonte is a "Most Serene Republic" which is more or less an Oligarchy. About 5% of the population of the Grand City of Delmonte decide who the next Doge is and NOBODY outside of The Grand City of Delmonte has ANY say in who it is. The Republic itself exists solely to benefit Delmonte the city and they aren't shy about letting that be known. While Delmonte's relationship with the other cities and peoples under its auspices IS symbiotic, the benefit received is lopsided in The Grand City's favor.

Why you would like to join: I talked to a bunch of people on your IRC about the region and roleplaying in general and I really think that joining this region can jumpstart me in roleplaying. While I'm new to NS, I am not new to online Roleplaying and if you're afraid I would make a bad name for your region, I assure you that that would never happen. I do hope you let me join.

Regards,
Delmonte
[15:35] <Tag> I have a big, heavy sealed box that I have no idea what is in side of it.
[15:35] <Tag> I can only presume it is treasure.
The Batorys wrote:The Delmontese like money, yeah, but they also like to throw down.

<Delmonte> I don't mean literally kill their family. I mean kill their metaphorical family.
<Delmonte> Metaphorically kill their metaphorical family.
Code: Select all
 [b][color=#0000FF][background=red]United in Opposition to [url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?t=303025]Liberate Haven[/url][/background][/color][/b]
[color=#FF0000][b]Mallorea and Riva should [url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=303090]resign[/url][/b][/color]

The man from Delmonte says yes.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:38 pm

Delmonte wrote:Nation Name: The Most Serene Republic of The Grand City of Delmonte
Nation Leader: Doge Cesare di Canossa (il Serenissimo)
When Did your Country Become Part of the Empire? When the Cornellian Emperor, in 537 AD, offered the Grand City of Delmonte vassalization to the Empire in exchange for semi-autonomy.
What did Your Country Do During the Collapse? Oh, investment, trade. A little bit of this, a little bit of that. ;) Due to our already semi-autonomous nature, we were relatively unchanged.
What is Your Country's Position on the Revival of the Empire? Ambivalent. While we are fine with the diplomatic power our independence gives us, we would not need that power if we were part of a larger collective once more.
Roleplaying Example: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=202761

Delmonte is a "Most Serene Republic" which is more or less an Oligarchy. About 5% of the population of the Grand City of Delmonte decide who the next Doge is and NOBODY outside of The Grand City of Delmonte has ANY say in who it is. The Republic itself exists solely to benefit Delmonte the city and they aren't shy about letting that be known. While Delmonte's relationship with the other cities and peoples under its auspices IS symbiotic, the benefit received is lopsided in The Grand City's favor.

Why you would like to join: I talked to a bunch of people on your IRC about the region and roleplaying in general and I really think that joining this region can jumpstart me in roleplaying. While I'm new to NS, I am not new to online Roleplaying and if you're afraid I would make a bad name for your region, I assure you that that would never happen. I do hope you let me join.

Regards,
Delmonte

Alright, just so you know within the region we have a realistic population cap, and will encourage you to roleplay regularly. Fortunately there are a few active threads for you to choose from.

Caerad
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Caerad » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:41 pm

Well, here's my application:

Nation Name: Kingdom of Caerad
Nation Leader: King Cenyr Fandell/Archbishop Willem Fandell
When Did your Country Become Part of the Empire? Caerad wasnt anything but a salvage archipielago until it was colonized around 800 A.D. Nothing more than a buch of exploitation colonies were held, mainly focused on its iron and coal deposits, and when almost all the mines collapsed due to an earthquake, nobility and commercial classes of the empire lost all the interest on Caerad, that survived only because of the big plains, perfect for farming.
What did Your Country Do During the Collapse? During the Collapse Caerad became home for thousands of refugees, including nobles. Those nobles tried to claim territories once independent (Local towns and cities). The original inhabitants of Caerad, unable to feed all those mouths rised in arms to defend their survival, but where overwhelmed by the invasor nobles and their armies. Almost each noble claimed a town, and soon an internal war broke out (1st Caeradian Civil War). After a few generations of peace, the islands were divided in 2 main fragile alliances between nobles, both of them claiming the whole archipielago for them, that turned into another civil war (2nd Caeradian Civil War)
When all hope was lost, an independent noble (Wolfyn Fandell) founded the Church of the White Crow, and managed to unite all Caerad. Nowadays, the only thing that holds Caerad together is the absolute power and control that the Church managed to get over the years, managing to get their own noble house to rule the kingdom (The Fandells)
What is Your Country's Position on the Revival of the Empire? The nobility is highly interested in getting their old privileges and lands back, but the commoners and serfs couldnt care less.
Do any of your people have Claim to the Throne? Yes, as almost every important person in the realm is descendant from one noble in the Empire, and inbred is common to mantain the claim.
Roleplaying Example: What Gehenna suggested:
Yerof wiped the sweat from his forehead with his silk handkerchief as he crossed the door to the conference room. He was late and he knew it. He couldnt understand how this nation and its technology worked, but he knew something: If King Cenyr intended to be treated as an equal, he was going to spend almost every single coin in his coffers. Everything was different here, even the language. He even had to bring an interpreter to understand what the others were saying.

He stood at the door, looking to the liaisons, diplomats and emissaries from the rest of the Old Empire, or at least of the remains of it. There was a woman coughing hard, almost spitting her own lungs. Some were smoking cigarettes, others were talking or sending messages on their mobile phones. He knew what mobile phones were, because one of his distant kinsman had one, but it was rather useless in his home nation. He was feeling like some kind of pioneer, like the first settlers that arrived in Caerad. A new world, full of opportunities for expanding the power of the House Fandell... and his. He remembered himself that even being almost a Fandell, he was the last one of the Queit dinasty, and, no matter what he wanted, he had to maintain the dynasty. Or at least that was what he was told to.

He shook his head to "wake up", entered the room followed by his interpreter, who was carrying tons of papers, and he sat on the chair he was pointed to. The interpreter stood beside him.

Basic Description of Nation: Caerad is a realm ruled by the House Fandell, wich has managed to keep their power both in the crown and in the Church over the centuries, but its basically a corrupt, unstable kingdom with aspiration to an inexistant crown. Technology is fairly undeveloped and the feudal statu quo is the only thing the nobles fight for

EDIT: By the way, im not a native speaker and I might have problems when writing long roleplaying texts (Not reading them, though)
Last edited by Caerad on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:45 am, edited 5 times in total.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:13 pm

Caerad wrote:Well, here's my application:

Nation Name: Kingdom of Caerad
Nation Leader: King Cenyr Fandell/Archbishop Willem Fandell
When Did your Country Become Part of the Empire? Caerad wasnt anything but a salvage archipielago until it was colonized around 800 A.D. Nothing more than a buch of exploitation colonies were held, mainly focused on its iron and coal deposits, and when almost all the mines collapsed due to an earthquake, nobility and commercial classes of the empire lost all the interest on Caerad, that survived only because of the big plains, perfect for farming.
What did Your Country Do During the Collapse? During the Collapse Caerad became home for thousands of refugees, including nobles. Those nobles tried to claim territories once independent (Local towns and cities). The original inhabitants of Caerad, unable to feed all those mouths rised in arms to defend their survival, but where overwhelmed by the invasor nobles and their armies. Almost each noble claimed a town, and soon an internal war broke out (1st Caeradian Civil War). After a few generations of peace, the islands were divided in 2 main fragile alliances between nobles, both of them claiming the whole archipielago for them, that turned into another civil war (2nd Caeradian Civil War)
When all hope was lost, an independent noble (Wolfyn Fandell) founded the Church of the White Crow, and managed to unite all Caerad. Nowadays, the only thing that holds Caerad together is the absolute power and control that the Church managed to get over the years, managing to get their own noble house to rule the kingdom (The Fandells)
What is Your Country's Position on the Revival of the Empire? The nobility is highly interested in getting their old privileges and lands back, but the commoners and serfs couldnt care less.
Do any of your people have Claim to the Throne? Yes, as almost every important person in the realm is descendant from one noble in the Empire, and inbred is common to mantain the claim.
Roleplaying Example: None :S
Basic Description of Nation: Caerad is a realm ruled by the House Fandell, wich has managed to keep their power both in the crown and in the Church over the centuries, but its basically a corrupt, unstable kingdom with aspiration to an inexistant crown. Technollogy is fairly undeveloped and the feudal statu quo is the only thing the nobles fight for

EDIT: By the way, im not a native speaker and I might have problems when writing long roleplaying texts (Not reading them, though)

This sounds not too bad--why don't we get you to join us in the IRC channel (you can find this on our region page) and get to know us a bit? Since you have no roleplaying example.

The Cookish States
Minister

Founded: Jun 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cookish States » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:25 pm

New Edom wrote:
Caerad wrote:Well, here's my application:

This sounds not too bad--why don't we get you to join us in the IRC channel (you can find this on our region page) and get to know us a bit? Since you have no roleplaying example.

Yeah, we don't bite :D
much
Oh, is this sig supposed to make you laugh?

Gehenna Tartarus
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Corporate Police State

Postby Gehenna Tartarus » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:27 pm

Caerad was in the IRC channel earlier, but very few people were talking.
Nation name: The Empire of Tartarus
Nationality: Tartarian

Ruler: Her Imperial Majesty, Gehenna, Empress of Tartarus

Southern Patriots
Senator

Founded: Apr 19, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Southern Patriots » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:26 am

As you requested, NE, a formal app. If you'd like, I can provide a puppet to leave in the region.

Nation Name: Vergil Islands, Royal Dominion of Southron
Nation Leader: His Grace the Duke of Delos and Lord Governor of the Vergil Islands, Deon Theron; subserviant to His Grand Ducal Highness Ian Smith Friedle, Grand Duke of Southron, Field Marshal of the Afrikan March, and Duke of Cecilburg, Prime Minister of the Dominion
When Did your Country Become Part of the Empire? A trade outpost established by the old Laurel Republic was the earliest point of contention over the islands. With the construction of a great citadel on the main island, the outpost withstood constant siege and battle for hundreds of years. Eventually its value was deemed not worth the bother of maintaining a garrison, and it was abandoned. Time passed, and the Cornellian Empire began to collapse. Merchants from a descendant state of the old Laurel Republic, Southron, arrived around the same time. The islands were claimed by guana and coal explorers who thought they'd found gold, not long after Cornellia's collapse. Sparsely settled until recently, the decision was made to formally claim and colonize the islands several years prior to secure control against possible regional claimants.
What did Your Country Do During the Collapse? While the islands collapsed into anarchy, the Dominion itself was uninvolved
What is Your Country's Position on the Revival of the Empire? Uninvolved
Do any of your people have Claim to the Throne? Unknown
Roleplaying Example: The Party and the Wedding
Basic Description of Nation:The collection of six islands bore some local name prior to their annexation, but that has been discarded in favour of the name of their re-discoverer, Thomas Vergil. The islands are administered as a colonial overseas possession of the Dominion, with their care entrusted to the Theron family. Most are sparsely populated still. Upon annexation all indigenous persons were relocated to the northeastern island of Ioannis for their safety and security. Delos and Antiparos have been settled by colonists and are being developed for agriculture, light industry, and mining. Kefalonia, Makri, and Halki are uninhabited intentionally, save for detachments from the Royal Southron Navy that rotate personnel regularly.

Delos - Largest and most western of the islands and seat of administration, with a total population nearing one million colonists. Capital city is Port Leto. It is known for bright, sandy beaches and rolling golden fields.
Kefalonia - The most northern of the three central islands. Formally uninhabited. A massive jagged rock, pitted with caves and twisting passages
Makri - The middle of the three central islands. Formally uninhabited. Rocky, volcanic hills and twisted black trees
Halki - The southern of the three central islands. Formally uninhabited. Sheer cliffs, sea caves, and jagged reefs
Antiparos - Second largest island of the chain, and called Little Brother to Ioannis due to its smaller population of just over one million. Its capital of Summerstrand is the oldest city in the islands and is home to the famous Eahl-Beyond-the-Sea. Like Delos agriculture is the focal point. Tall, snow-capped mountains, clear streams, and lakes dominate it.
Ioannis - Slightly more than 12.3 million people call Ioannis, the Big Sister, home. One-quarter hail from Southron itself, half of the remainder are descendants of the original peoples of the islands, people of Cornellian descent, and the remaining half come from around the known world. Much of indigenous culture has been supplanted or lost, unintentionally since the colonists don't care much for converting outsiders.
It features several urban centers, culminating into what's referred to as the "International City" of Patriciastadt. Patricastadt, also called Patty City or Big P, is unique for Southron cities in that it features a large non-Southron population and multiple foreign quarters. A little more than 8 million people, the majority of them non-Southrons, live in the city. Four million more people live in the metropolitan area. Past the metropolis, the island's geography is sun-dappled forests and lush green grasslands
The islands

The flag of the islands is as follows: a six-pointed red star on a gold field. Each point represents an island, while the star represents the chain itself. The gold field is a symbol of the sunset, representing the path from which they came.

Last edited by Southern Patriots on Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Remember Rhodesia.

On Robert Mugabe:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:He was a former schoolteacher.

I do hope it wasn't in economics.

Panzerjaeger wrote:Why would Cleopatra have cornrows? She is from Egypt not the goddamn Bronx.

Ceannairceach wrote:
Archnar wrote:The Russian Revolution showed a revolution could occure in a quick bloadless and painless process (Nobody was seriously injured or killed).

I doth protest in the name of the Russian Imperial family!
(WIP)

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:22 am

Southern Patriots wrote:As you requested, NE, a formal app. If you'd like, I can provide a puppet to leave in the region.

Nation Name: Vergil Islands, Royal Dominion of Southron
Nation Leader: His Grace the Duke of Delos, Deon Theron; subserviant to His Grand Ducal Highness Ian Smith Friedle, Grand Duke of Southron, Field Marshal of the Afrikan March, and Duke of Cecilburg, Prime Minister of the Dominion
When Did your Country Become Part of the Empire? A trade outpost established by the old Laurel Republic was the earliest point of contention over the islands. With the construction of a great citadel on the main island, the outpost withstood constant siege and battle for hundreds of years. Eventually its value was deemed not worth the bother of maintaining a garrison, and it was abandoned. Time passed, and the Cornellian Empire began to collapse. Merchants from a descendant state of the old Laurel Republic, Southron, arrived around the same time. The islands were claimed by guana and coal explorers who thought they'd found gold, not long after Cornellia's collapse. Sparsely settled until recently, the decision was made to formally claim and colonize the islands several years prior to secure control against possible regional claimants.
What did Your Country Do During the Collapse? While the islands collapsed into anarchy, the Dominion itself was uninvolved
What is Your Country's Position on the Revival of the Empire? Uninvolved
Do any of your people have Claim to the Throne? Unknown
Roleplaying Example: The Party and the Wedding
Basic Description of Nation:The collection of six islands bore some local name prior to their annexation, but that has been discarded in favour of the name of their re-discoverer, Thomas Vergil. The islands are administered as a colonial overseas possession of the Dominion, with their care entrusted to the Theron family. They are mostly sparsely populated still. Upon annexation all indigenous persons were relocated to the northeastern island of Ioannis for their safety and security. Delos and Antiparos have been settled by colonists and are being developed for agriculture, light industry, and mining. Kefalonia, Makri, and Halki are uninhabited intentionally, save for detachments from the Royal Southron Navy that rotate personnel regularly.

Delos - Largest and most western of the islands and seat of administration, with a total population nearing one million colonists. Capital city is Port Leto. It is known for bright, sandy beaches and rolling golden fields.
Kefalonia - The most northern of the three central islands. Formally uninhabited. A massive jagged rock, pitted with caves and twisting passages
Makri - The middle of the three central islands. Formally uninhabited. Rocky, volcanic hills and twisted black trees
Halki - The southern of the three central islands. Formally uninhabited. Sheer cliffs, sea caves, and jagged reefs
Antiparos - Second largest island of the chain, and called Little Brother to Ioannis due to its smaller population of just over one million. Its capital of Summerstrand is the oldest city in the islands and is home to the famous Eahl-Beyond-the-Sea. Like Delos agriculture is the focal point. Tall, snow-capped mountains, clear streams, and lakes dominate it.
Ioannis - Slightly more than 3.3 million people call Ioannis, the Big Sister, home. Two-thirds are descendants of the original peoples of the islands, people of Cornellian descent. Much of their culture has been supplanted or lost, unintentionally since the colonists don't care much for converting outsiders. It features several cities, the primary of which is what's referred to as the "International City" of Patriciastadt. Patricastadt, also called Patty City or Big P, is unique for Southron cities in that it features a large non-Southron population and multiple foreign quarters. The island's geography is sun-dappled forests and lush green grasslands
The islands

The flag of the islands is as follows: a six-pointed red star on a gold field. Each point represents an island, while the star represents the chain itself. The gold field is a symbol of the sunset, representing the path from which they came.

(Image)

As I understand it this will be an extension of your nation proper, and a means by which you can have interests in the region, so don't make a puppet. But please feel free to join us in the IRC chat and in regional roleplays.

Southern Patriots
Senator

Founded: Apr 19, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Southern Patriots » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:18 am

Ok, no puppet.
And it figures I don't notice half my spelling errors until you quote the whole thing. :p

Remember Rhodesia.

On Robert Mugabe:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:He was a former schoolteacher.

I do hope it wasn't in economics.

Panzerjaeger wrote:Why would Cleopatra have cornrows? She is from Egypt not the goddamn Bronx.

Ceannairceach wrote:
Archnar wrote:The Russian Revolution showed a revolution could occure in a quick bloadless and painless process (Nobody was seriously injured or killed).

I doth protest in the name of the Russian Imperial family!
(WIP)

Stedicules
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Stedicules » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:44 pm

Nation Name: The City-States of Heron, Adytum and Utuus (stedicules)
Nation Leader: Mother Superior Mary Eunice (Heron), Reverend Monsignor Joseph O'Hara (Adytum), Sister Moira Arden (Utuus)
When Did your Country Become Part of the Empire? never
What did Your Country Do During the Collapse? due to their remote locations in the Bridger-Glass Territory, the cities were relatively untouched by any of the surrounding empire's collapse. During the collapse the cities continued to flourish and thrive with intercity trade.
What is Your Country's Position on the Revival of the Empire? each city is for the revival and wishes to be included in the empire if its revived
Do any of your people have Claim to the Throne? no
Roleplaying Example: An Animal, hold your breath

Among his possessions was a box. The box was wet and torn in some places. Inside this wet, torn box were his instruments. The instruments he used to inflict pain for pleasure: his pleasure. He hadn’t felt so alive in years. Not since his internment in Camp Cabanatuan in the Philippines, where he learned of his sadistic delights, his masochistic fantasies.

His former mind was broken and the pieces were shattered. In its place a darker mind bred the thoughts and actions coursing through his body as he bent over the pained invalid that lay out on the rusty bleachers of his makeshift office. It used to be a gymnasium, his office, filled with the cries of the children of Black Eagle, Montana at play. It used to smell of sweat and sportsmanship. Now the gymnasium was a vile place, where only the Dentist found pleasure. Outside, the town was in ruins.

It was 1957 and the war with the Alaskans had been raging since 1949, a year after the Dentist was freed from his internment. Several months before, the frontline had been at Black Eagle, just north of the irradiated ruins of Great Falls, Montana. Now the small, forgotten town was at the edge of the conflict as it moved just miles north. The Dentist saw only the wounded as they rushed south, to safety. He conducted his cruel procedures on those who couldn’t handle much more.

His goal was not death, though he brought them very close. The only way for him to be truly happy, to truly forget the war and the horrors he’d seen and the torment he’d been through at the hands of his own friends was to see another writhe under his grasp, to see the eyes widen as the electric dremel drilled through white teeth and burned through pink gums.

He smiled wide, bearing his false teeth to his helpless prey, like a predator. It was that which gave him the most pleasure. Their reaction to his brown, disgusting teeth that hung from his red gums like stalactites as they chomped up and down, the crackles of his laughter escaping through them and echoing across the gymnasium. Several months passed before the man limped through the rotten wooden doors of the Dentist’s gymnasium. His name was Staff Sergeant Montrose Ward. The wounded man was recognized instantly and the Dentist’s face became a stone mask, hiding his emotions and his fears.

The Dentist pointed the man to his chair, “Sit…” he whispered as the man stumbled towards him, pointing to his hanging jaw.

Basic Description of Nation: three cities ruled together by nuns and reverends deep inside a lawless wilderness territory full of criminals and degenerates. each city is walled and abides by a strict religious code individually defined by each sister or reverend in charge of the city. they're very friendly, but will defend themselves in a fight if needed.

(i'm bunnicula btw)
Last edited by Stedicules on Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DOMINATED BY OBSESSION OF POWER AND LUST, LED BY UNWRITTEN RULES FROM CLINICAL BIRTH TO CLINICAL DEATH. ASK THE EPITHET OF GOD! IT STILL IS DECEPTION, NO IDEOLOGY, NO PROGRESS; NOTHING. THE WORLD IS SMOTHERED IN ABSURDITY.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:46 pm

Stedicules wrote:Nation Name: The City-States of Heron, Adytum and Utuus (stedicules)
Nation Leader: Mother Superior Mary Eunice (Heron), Reverend Monsignor Joseph O'Hara (Adytum), Sister Moira Arden (Utuus)
When Did your Country Become Part of the Empire? never
What did Your Country Do During the Collapse? due to their remote locations in the Bridger-Glass Territory, the cities were relatively untouched by any of the surrounding empire's collapse. During the collapse the cities continued to flourish and thrive with intercity trade.
What is Your Country's Position on the Revival of the Empire? each city is for the revival and wishes to be included in the empire if its revived
Do any of your people have Claim to the Throne? no
Roleplaying Example: An Animal, hold your breath

Among his possessions was a box. The box was wet and torn in some places. Inside this wet, torn box were his instruments. The instruments he used to inflict pain for pleasure: his pleasure. He hadn’t felt so alive in years. Not since his internment in Camp Cabanatuan in the Philippines, where he learned of his sadistic delights, his masochistic fantasies.

His former mind was broken and the pieces were shattered. In its place a darker mind bred the thoughts and actions coursing through his body as he bent over the pained invalid that lay out on the rusty bleachers of his makeshift office. It used to be a gymnasium, his office, filled with the cries of the children of Black Eagle, Montana at play. It used to smell of sweat and sportsmanship. Now the gymnasium was a vile place, where only the Dentist found pleasure. Outside, the town was in ruins.

It was 1957 and the war with the Alaskans had been raging since 1949, a year after the Dentist was freed from his internment. Several months before, the frontline had been at Black Eagle, just north of the irradiated ruins of Great Falls, Montana. Now the small, forgotten town was at the edge of the conflict as it moved just miles north. The Dentist saw only the wounded as they rushed south, to safety. He conducted his cruel procedures on those who couldn’t handle much more.

His goal was not death, though he brought them very close. The only way for him to be truly happy, to truly forget the war and the horrors he’d seen and the torment he’d been through at the hands of his own friends was to see another writhe under his grasp, to see the eyes widen as the electric dremel drilled through white teeth and burned through pink gums.

He smiled wide, bearing his false teeth to his helpless prey, like a predator. It was that which gave him the most pleasure. Their reaction to his brown, disgusting teeth that hung from his red gums like stalactites as they chomped up and down, the crackles of his laughter escaping through them and echoing across the gymnasium. Several months passed before the man limped through the rotten wooden doors of the Dentist’s gymnasium. His name was Staff Sergeant Montrose Ward. The wounded man was recognized instantly and the Dentist’s face became a stone mask, hiding his emotions and his fears.

The Dentist pointed the man to his chair, “Sit…” he whispered as the man stumbled towards him, pointing to his hanging jaw.

Basic Description of Nation: three cities ruled together by nuns and reverends deep inside a lawless wilderness territory full of criminals and degenerates. each city is walled and abides by a strict religious code individually defined by each sister or reverend in charge of the city. they're very friendly, but will defend themselves in a fight if needed.

(i'm bunnicula btw)

Why do you want to try to rejoin the region?

Cactovia
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cactovia » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:26 pm

Nation Name:The Economic Fascist Empire of Cactovia
Nation Leader:Emperor Ricardo Alessio Genovese II
When Did your Country Become Part of the Empire? Cactovia was incorporated into the Empire at the height of it's power through a military stand down at the city of Koloriser, resulting in the Senate bowing down and surrendering to the Emperor.

What did Your Country Do During the Collapse? At the collaspe of the Empire major trade routes where cut off by members of Fascist Workers party of Cactovia,many supporters of the Empire where also cut down and executed in public spotlight. As major cities where taken over it eventually resulted in a coup d'etat in the palace of Koloriser with the Economic Fascist Empire of Cactovia being born.

What is Your Country's Position on the Revival of the Empire? After the fall of the Empire Cactovia has developed much however many Cactovians have rather strong feelings about the issue, if the Empire is reborn Cactovians would rather see the rebirth the Empire under thier wing,

Do any of your people have Claim to the Throne? The only men and woman who may hold claim to the throne is the House of Gambino who where known to have sudeced High ranking men and woman of the Empire.

Roleplaying Example:I've been in only a few RP's most of them not finished however I think this fourm contains my best 3 post.
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?ns=1&f=5&t=204172

The Economic Fascist Empire of Cactovia is a highly religous, Facist Empire comprised of 7 main islands with 127 small islands in total. with a estimated population of 69 Million, Income tax levels at +92% with a large Economy dominated by the Private Sector. The nation is also known to be highly xenophobic towards none Cactovian Nations. Cactovia is mostly influnced by Fascist Italy.

The Cactovian flag repersents perseverence that even though Cactovia may stand defeated we may still muster the strength, the energy to suceed. It stands as a beacon of faith to the working class of Cactovia that everyday they awake they will see the Coffee cup, and they shall know that they work in the name of Emperor Ricardo Alessio Genovese, and the Prime Minister Lorenzo Gambino

Cactovia is known to be highly cultured worshiping the Roman Catholic God, thier are 5 houses of Royalty who forms the Council of Lords, while 34 houses form the Council of Dukes. Cactovia elects new Emperors by way of Vote through the Council of Lords if a tie is met then the Council of Dukes will decide, when a Emperor is elected he is obliged to pick a Prime minister to manage the goverment from the various Royal Houses the current Emperor is Ricaro Allesio Genovese from the Hosue of Genovese, the current Prime Minister is Lorenzo Gambino from House Gambino. The Cactovian Military is considerely advanced with compulsary membership for men 16-59, Cactovia's most well known export is Cactovian Coffee which is described as amazingly tasteful due to it being the only allowed flavored Drink in Cactovia, this has caused Cactovians to find multiple ways to devise better ways to produce Coffee such as adding achohal, various fruits and even artifical flavorings.
Last edited by Cactovia on Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Catovian RP Information bellow V

Basic description V
The Italian Religious Empire of Cactovia is a highly religious, National Socialist/Fascist Empire comprised of 7 main islands with 127 small islands in total. with a estimated population of + 60 million, Income tax levels at +95%
with a large Economy dominated by the Private Sector. The nation is also known to be highly xenophobic towards none Cactovian Nations. Cactovia is mostly influnced by Fascist Italy & The Vatican.

Head of State: Emperor Ricardo Allessio Genovese IV
Head of Government: Prime Minister John Gembino
Head of Foreign Affairs :Alonza Soprano
Form of Government:Iron Fist Consumerist
Nation Technology level and time period: Cactovia is set at the time periods of 2011-2025, Cactovians Tech is Near FT, and End MT.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information