NATION

PASSWORD

SKYRIM!!

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:25 am

AETEN II wrote:
Natair wrote:I have recently played Skyrim.
Meet Aitrial, the psychotic Imperial battlemage who runs around Whiterun FRD-ing everyone he sees and once slaughtered an entire village of guards just to break into a vampire's house and get her journal.

You're funny. My main char Morbus has a sword that effectively does 95 damage per hit, 15 of that being fire damage. He also can heal his 340+ healthbar quickly with his massive magica bar with close wounds. His enchanted Dragonscale armor has a rating of 220 and his Dragonpriest mask a rating of 96. He's a deity incarnated on adept, a demigod on expert, and barely mortal on master. I still have yet to level him up to max. With that ring I got from the vampire Dawnguard questline, I eventually made a new char since it was no longer fun to be impossible to kill at all.
(I not only die as Morbus when I fuck up while at large heights and plummet to my death.)

Only 95 damage? My character does 115 with a dragonbone sword BEFORE he enchants and enhances it...
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

Cill Airne
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cill Airne » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:26 pm

I love it, but sadly my PS3 is old (its the first model) and is coming to the end of its life, so I cant play games on it anymore. Perhaps, once I get a job, I can get it for my computer.
Anglican
Avid reader

To dare is to lose one’s footing momentarily. Not to dare is to lose oneself.

Imperial isa
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2006
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Imperial isa » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:58 pm

In one of my games the Eastmarch Imperial Camp has been wiped out by a dragon (without me knowing) ,leaving behind two Horse's , the Legate and a dragon soul with out a body
Romeo Foxtrot, Shall we Dance...
We’re on an express elevator to hell – going down!

The Corparation
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:17 pm

Anyone know where to find volume two of the Sultry Argonian Bard? Or if it even exists. Like how in the main Dawngaurd quest there's a book that's a volume four or some-such. I spent ages searching that dungeon before I looked it up and saw it was the only volume.
Nuclear Death Machines Here (Both Flying and Orbiting)
Orbital Freedom Machine Here
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:35 pm

Cill Airne wrote:I love it, but sadly my PS3 is old (its the first model) and is coming to the end of its life, so I cant play games on it anymore. Perhaps, once I get a job, I can get it for my computer.

Just sell the PS3 on Craigslist or something. You'd get at least $60.
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.

Nationstatelandsville wrote:"Why'd the chicken cross the street?"

"Because your dad's a whore."

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Best Gif on the internet.

Imperial isa
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Imperial isa » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:47 pm

The Corparation wrote:Anyone know where to find volume two of the Sultry Argonian Bard? Or if it even exists. Like how in the main Dawngaurd quest there's a book that's a volume four or some-such. I spent ages searching that dungeon before I looked it up and saw it was the only volume.

nope

anyone found the Red book of riddles ?

I've seen it once but had to reload after a power surge and there was another book in it's place

Vareiln
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vareiln » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:55 pm

Imperial isa wrote:
The Corparation wrote:Anyone know where to find volume two of the Sultry Argonian Bard? Or if it even exists. Like how in the main Dawngaurd quest there's a book that's a volume four or some-such. I spent ages searching that dungeon before I looked it up and saw it was the only volume.

nope

I've seen it once but had to reload after a power surge and there was another book in it's place

I think I found something called the Yellow Book of Riddles.
Either my Breton or my Argonian Archer has it...

Vareiln
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vareiln » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:56 pm

I'm not sure. I couldn't find it on UESP.

Imperial isa
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Imperial isa » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:27 pm

Vareiln wrote:
Imperial isa wrote:nope

I think I found something called the Yellow Book of Riddles.
Either my Breton or my Argonian Archer has it...

you can all ways find the Yellow one

Blouman Empire
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:03 pm

The Corparation wrote:
AETEN II wrote:But that takes the fun away from EXTREME Falling Skyrim Edition. It's actually pretty fun jumping off the bridge to Winterhold College and trying to stick the landing in the water so you don't die.

Base Jumping Skyrim Edition? I will try.

I will be trying this myself
You know you've made it on NSG when you have a whole thread created around what you said.
On the American/United Statesian matter "I'd suggest Americans go to their nation settings and change their nation prefix to something cooler." - The Kangaroo Republic
http://nswiki.net/index.php?title=Blouman_Empire

DBC26-Winner

Blouman Empire
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:08 pm

Bodobol wrote:My fellow dragonborn, i have to ask, what has been the most amazing, awesome, intense thing you have come across in Skyrim. For me it was fighting three dragons at once outside an Orc hold, the one with the giant outside.

Mine would be when I was battling Potema, or when I had to fight a giant and two frost dragons, thankfully they turned on each other and I just had to mop up.

Lockion wrote:Killing everyone in Riverwood was fun (excluding the children, of course). It creeps me out how those children watched me murder their parents, and still like to play tag with me.

Reminds me of that Star Trek episode with the children who weren't fazed by their parents death.
You know you've made it on NSG when you have a whole thread created around what you said.
On the American/United Statesian matter "I'd suggest Americans go to their nation settings and change their nation prefix to something cooler." - The Kangaroo Republic

DBC26-Winner

Blouman Empire
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:14 pm

Cill Airne wrote:I love it, but sadly my PS3 is old (its the first model) and is coming to the end of its life, so I cant play games on it anymore. Perhaps, once I get a job, I can get it for my computer.

This happened to me recently, and I'm pissed off about it. I already have another PS3 (that's the one I have Skyrim on) but now the orginal is dead means I have lost the good things that came with the orginal such as backwards compatability a SD card holder, 4 USB ports and a number of other benefits

DBC26-Winner

Manahakatouki
Senator

Founded: Oct 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Manahakatouki » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:40 pm

After playing my entire time on Skyrim as an assassin and a theif with only a single dagger and an occassional bow, switching to a heavy armored two handed war hammer Imperial is actually quite the challenge...

Especially when I try sneaking up on people with a hammer in my hands on accident sometimes...
And so it was, that I had never changed.

Bodobol
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 12, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Bodobol » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:27 pm

Manahakatouki wrote:After playing my entire time on Skyrim as an assassin and a theif with only a single dagger and an occassional bow, switching to a heavy armored two handed war hammer Imperial is actually quite the challenge...

Especially when I try sneaking up on people with a hammer in my hands on accident sometimes...

I play as an Argonian assassin with daggers, swords, axes, and bows, so I've been having that problem too, but I usually play as an Orc for the whole Two-Handed deal.
Last.fmRead my blogshe/her

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:20 pm

Hey guys, I just got Skyrim on the computer and it runs like shit. I've set at minimum and it's still choppy. Any tips? I'm running Windows 7 with AMD Premium Vision Asus Desktop.
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.

Nationstatelandsville wrote:"Why'd the chicken cross the street?"

"Because your dad's a whore."

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Best Gif on the internet.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:39 pm

Imperial isa
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Imperial isa » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:13 am

Genivaria wrote:Just saw this on facebook...creepy.
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 4409_n.jpg

how does that work out if we know they become the Mad God ?

Bodobol
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 12, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Bodobol » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:26 am

FALSE! Although I would very, very much like to believe this, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion takes place in the Third Era, meaning that Cicero was assassinating a different Grand Champion from a different time period.
Last.fmRead my blogshe/her

Arbites
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Arbites » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:58 pm

Bodobol wrote:

FALSE! Although I would very, very much like to believe this, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion takes place in the Third Era, meaning that Cicero was assassinating a different Grand Champion from a different time period.

Cicero's an Imperial human, and the Adoring Fan is a wood elf, as well.
He who stands with me shall be my brother

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction