NATION

PASSWORD

Discovery of A Continent - Verktha [MT][OPEN]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Armageddon Steel Legion
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Armageddon Steel Legion » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:57 am

//@Taronix, Am fine with it.

The Hive Spire shook as the Driller slammed into it, it then began to drill upwards towards the pent-house, where Commander White-Skull watched the battle, letting his troops die in one of the Chaos Gods names. Melvin gulped and loaded his pistol as he waited, the Driller shook, knocking the men inside around.

Taronix

The now 1 free regiment was being sent to reinforce the Death Korps troops, the Valkyries then headed towards the Taronix guns and peppered them with high explosive missiles and Stubber rounds before flying off. The ships then began to fire their guns back, torpedo's from under the ship were also fired and a few sailors threw EXB. (Explosive boats, aka a exploding RC boat) The small boats were drove forward into the massive enemy ones, hoping to damage their hulls.
I am FEMALE.

Please refer to me as Nightingalia not Armageddon.

The New Lowlands
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Lowlands » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:14 am

The Legion of Kane wrote:OoC : Guys, eh, just wondering, can I take any land at all? Or do I have to wait...? I've seen that Hwinn isn't posting a lot, maybe every 10 pages.. So, I'd be happy to get land. I mean, maybe Timmies land because he hasn't been that active..

Why, I'd be happy to take the territory of Runfin.

(OOC: Kane, take this link to the OOC thread. If you want territory, I'm afraid you're either going to have to take it from someone who left or from someone still here by force, or you could do what I did and buy one. Still don't know how I managed to do that.)

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:29 am

Terra City, Orson Verktha Territory
The territory on Verktha owned by Orson had officially become part of the empire. The capital would be named Terra City, which was named after General Col Terra, the leader of the territory. The city was still under construction, but a few buildings were finished. Small villages in the area owned by the native tribes were cleared out by the military, and they began building small towns and cities across the territory. Shipyards and harbors were constructed, and the Orson Navy closely guarded the Orson borders.

Armageddon Steel Legion
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Armageddon Steel Legion » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:46 am

A new series of AA guns, called the Dark Knight's, thanks to their tracers making the shape of a knights helmet in the sky when fired at once, had been put around the colony's borders and inner workings while new SAM turrets were also in place, making it almost impossible for a air-attack to happen. More tunnels and bunkers, trenches and other breast-work had also been built.
I am FEMALE.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:53 am

Huge AA turrets and guns were set up around the Orson Verktha Territory. More troopers would be arriving on the coastlines, bumping the trooper count in the territory to three million. Terra City was near finished. Tanks, trucks, and supplies would be poring into the base in Terra City. Meanwhile in the bunker in the city...

"Sir, we have gathered the intelligence on the Armageddon Steel Legion's territory. They are setting up SAM's and AA turrets."
"Oh really? This puny nation thinks it can defend itself? We will show them. Ready the stealth bombers, so we can avoid their radar."
"Sir yes sir."
The soldier would step out of the bunker. He gave the order over the radio. Farther inland, several stealth bombers would launch from the tarmac, high up into the atmosphere to avoid the enemy radar.

Hwinn
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Hwinn » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:06 pm

20:19pm
Homeland Street
New Talianburg, Southwest Verktha

It had been several months since Lani Anvors had arrived in the new colony. When the offer of free transportation
and housing, there little reason for he and his family to remain in the mainland. The Great Drought had initially driven the Anvors' away from their farm they had lived on for generations in the Renaite region, around five years ago all the way to the capital. It had been hard to find work with so many flooding into the city. Conditions on the minimal refugee camp that the government had hastily constructed soon deteriorated. For the past few years, Lani and his family had lived in abject poverty, not knowing when there would be food next. They had little to lose even if the advertisements were untrue.

For once, the government had not actually been off point. There was always some form of work to be done and jobs were plentiful regardless of level of skill. The Hwinnish State was eager to expand the Hwinnish nation, and what did he care if they did. The freedom the colonial Hwinns enjoyed was higher than anything that anything that the mainland Hwinns would have. In the mainland, Lani could pretty much walk down the street without having to fear of being stopped by police or being under surveillance. Here, there were more pressing concerns to deal with. The rest of the Verktha continent was burning and bleeding as the other powers circled around the bones gnawing for the marrow. Already other nations, even ones that bordered Southwest Verktha had been expelled from the continent completely. The idiotic lawfulness of the mainland was far away in New Talianburg.

The city was not the nicest sight in the world, it was still mostly cheaply constructed apartment buildings be the side of the Bay of Islands. Still, it beat the lack of sanitation and sickness that constantly pervaded the refugee camps by the capital, Lani thought to himself as he passed a bike that had been stripped of its wheels and major parts aside from the frame. Theft was a major problem still, but no one really had anything of major value to even steal. Things hopefully were looking up.
Last edited by Hwinn on Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Bal pük binon neai saidiko"

Armageddon Steel Legion
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Armageddon Steel Legion » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:07 pm

To all allies of Vrkas.
Encryption:Maximum.
From Thor.
We would like your help in defending against the more war-like people of Orson, who we believe are going to try and attack the colony.
Emperor guide us in these dark days.
-Thor.

At Vrkas a draft of all able men aged 18-50 was started, a propaganda picture of Commissar Melvin was put up, Melvin didn't want to do it, but Thor managed to convince him to do it. More defences were put on the beach and sea mines were being set while the non-able men, woman and children were put in the bunkers under the ground of the massive Hive cities. The army now bolstered to four million men of the colony, (excluding troops from Kreig) and they were being trained or put into the massive defensive positions that were all around the colony's borders.

I am FEMALE.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:13 pm

Orson Verktha Territory, West Verktha
22:20 PM

General Col Terra would be looking at radar screens in his office. The walls were covered with maps, strategies, and other items. He would take a sip of his coffee and would be taking notes on the stealth bomber's positions.
Meanwhile outside, the construction of Terra City would continue. Workers were setting up huge beams for skyscrapers, paving roads, buildings houses and building other commercial buildings. It was sunny day on this side of the continent. The general wished he could stay, but knew he would have to return to Australia any moment. In Australia was the headquarters of the Imperial government. It was a wasteland, filled with millions of people. Then all of a sudden a loud beeping noise would startle the general. He looked at the screen. The radar had spotted enemy movements, identified as red dots on the screen.

Armageddon Steel Legion
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Armageddon Steel Legion » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:22 pm

The massive factories began to pump out weapons, tanks, armour, shovels and everything else needed for war while the army prepared, electrical lines were being put in the ground en-case of EMP to protect them from it and all HAM radio's were put to no longer then 30 inches of cable, to also protect it from EMP. The colony was being turned into a fortress, made to with-stand any attack.
I am FEMALE.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:14 pm

Armageddon Steel Legion wrote:The massive factories began to pump out weapons, tanks, armour, shovels and everything else needed for war while the army prepared, electrical lines were being put in the ground en-case of EMP to protect them from it and all HAM radio's were put to no longer then 30 inches of cable, to also protect it from EMP. The colony was being turned into a fortress, made to with-stand any attack.

Then the stealth bombers reported to the General. The leader of the squad said,"This is Mason, call sign Archer. We are flying over the A.S.L. territory now. We have confirmed that they have heavy defenses." The general replied,"Well then a beach assault would be too risky, but its the only way. We would have to cut a path of destruction through multiple countries. Keep scanning the area and report to H.Q." The squad leader replied,"Roger that sir. It appears enemy radar hasn't detected us yet, but we are going to go ahead and turn around." The general would get up from his seat. He would say in the radio,"Ready several sorties. We are going to try and crush their defenses. Activate electronic warfare devices."

Armageddon Steel Legion
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Armageddon Steel Legion » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:19 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:
Armageddon Steel Legion wrote:The massive factories began to pump out weapons, tanks, armour, shovels and everything else needed for war while the army prepared, electrical lines were being put in the ground en-case of EMP to protect them from it and all HAM radio's were put to no longer then 30 inches of cable, to also protect it from EMP. The colony was being turned into a fortress, made to with-stand any attack.

Then the stealth bombers reported to the General. The leader of the squad said,"This is Mason, call sign Archer. We are flying over the A.S.L. territory now. We have confirmed that they have heavy defenses." The general replied,"Well then a beach assault would be too risky, but its the only way. We would have to cut a path of destruction through multiple countries. Keep scanning the area and report to H.Q." The squad leader replied,"Roger that sir. It appears enemy radar hasn't detected us yet, but we are going to go ahead and turn around." The general would get up from his seat. He would say in the radio,"Ready several sorties. We are going to try and crush their defenses. Activate electronic warfare devices."

"That tin-foil box thing ready yet, John!?"Asked another trooper as he watched John put a radio into a card-board box then a metal one toprotect it from EMP's. John then turned and nodded, fixing his gas-mask before carrying the radio into the bunker. "So that protects it from EMP's then?" Asked the trooper, John then turned and nodded again."So does rubber, so the SAM and AA guns should be fine, bit slow but fine. Also most of our equipment should also be fine, am not sure through.
I am FEMALE.

Madredia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Madredia » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:48 pm

Commander Beowulf of the 1st Ulfu Division of Kreig stood on the shore of Ulfu's land. Their Kreiger colonial masters required assistance in battle against the Orson Empire. He turned and looked at the young faces of the men around him. "You men must be wondering why we're fighting a foreign war, which is not really our own. You are about to put your lives on the line. But don't consider yourselves as fighting for strangers. Fight for your families behind you, as their lives are inseperably intertwined with Kreiger lives. If they pass us, thats the end of Ulfu. I know you all wanna go home after this and spend some time with your families. Well they won't be there if we don't suceed today. Fight like wolves my brothers" The Ulfu Army motto was met with thunderous cheers from the five hundred men on the shore. There were SAM Turrets being set up, and turrets were being manned on the Portable Cover Unit, which could be disassembled and reassembled to provide cover for troops. All were wearing sand camouflage and were armed with Steyr AUGs. They were ready for anything.
Last edited by Madredia on Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:53 pm

Madredia wrote:Commander Beowulf of the 1st Ulfu Division of Valeria stood in the slightly outdated battleships provided for Ulfu's use. Their Valerian colonial masters required assistance in battle against the Orson Empire. He turned and looked at the young faces of the men around him. "You men must be wondering why we've embarked from our homeland to fight a foreign war, which is not really our own. You are about to put your lives on the line. But don't consider yourselves as fighting for strangers. Fight for your families back home, as their lives are inseperably intertwined with Valerian lives. Fight like wolves my brothers" The Ulfu Army motto was met with thunderous cheers from the five hundred men on the ship. There were 5 other battleships also moving towards landing on the Orson Empire's shores. "We have only just had a change of colonial masters," thought the Commander, "And we are already on 5 battleships on our way to hell."

McElroy Base, coastal shores, Orson Verktha Territory
At the McElroy Base, Orson battleships, cruisers, frigates, and submarines would be closely guarding the Orson territory. On one of the watchtowers, an Officer would spot several unidentified ships. He said in the radio,"ENEMIES IMBOUND! READY ALL DEFENSES!" Alarms inside and outside the base would go off. Marines would be scrambling to their stations inside ships and in the base. It was chaos. The SAM turrets and AA turrets were readied, and the ships were on alert.

Madredia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Madredia » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:09 pm

OOC: Orson, you might want to change your response, as that post was a mistake. I wasn't sure on my colony's position, i cant actually reach you via water. I'm about to edit it.

Virana
Minister

Founded: Jan 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Virana » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:11 pm

[OOC: If in this post you're offended by your nation being name-called, please know I don't mean any disrespect. Neither do the soldiers that mock any nation besides their own. Please don't be offended, it's done for realism.]

Joint Base Downy — Territory of Kasavia (Viranian Verktha) — Continent of Verktha

The recruit stared at his computer screen in shock. Everything was turning for the worst.

"Colonel, I've got news," he said. "Things between the Death Korps and Orson are heating up. Krieg just signed an agreement, they struck a mutual defense deal with one United Saiyan Empire of Madredia. We've got yet a-fucking-nother totalitarian empire on the continent."

"Really? I thought Madredia was a democracy that called itself an empire," replied the colonel. "It doesn't matter, do the Maddies border us?"

"Yes sir, to the north. If a war breaks out there it'll be right on our doorstep. The Arsons got a damn underwater base in the Great Lake, we'll have to watch for that shit." He paused. "I'm getting a comm from up high. Colonial department says we're to stay neutral."

"Then that's what we'll do," replied the colonel. "Intel just told me potential Arson stealths were observing the Kregs. Don't know why they didn't just use a drone, and intel's not really clear on that yet, but if they were observing with potentially armed bombers then this shit's fucking serious."

"Navy says they're armed and ready for the ICE invasion of Oscar Bravo. And that if we get attacked to fuck the OB invasion and defend this damn colony. We've got really little ground forces here anyway."

"Makes sense. Where's the fleet?"

"International waters. Southwest of Verktha."

URS Hell's Guardian — Strike Force 177 — International Waters, SW of Verktha

Captain Richard Wright sat in the bridge of the super carrier waiting intently. His men were bombarding him with information—the whole Orson crisis, the Death Korps deal with Madredia. He knew his job was to stay prepared for their upcoming invasion of Old Beringia, but it'd been days and command still hadn't given the green light. The military buildup along the southern border of Kasavia and Lowlandian Verktha was a little obvious too, if not a complete giveaway.

His strike force was still at full readiness, as it'd been for weeks now. Naval sorties were occurring every second of the day as countless combat air patrols and work on the carrier deck dominated most of the day outside. Inside the ships it was different. The marines were losing their readiness but were being kept in check by drills on the decks, taking some target practice as well as keeping physically active. The sailors were constantly busy working on controlling the incoming communications, maintaining the ships, and all the other things they had to do at this level of readiness.

The strike force was prepared for war. But he didn't know for how much longer.
II Mentor specializing in MT and GE&T. If you need help, TG me, visit our thread, or join our IRC channel, #NSMentors on irc.esper.net!

Mentors Hub | Welcome to II | RP Questions | #NSMentors
International Incidents Mentor | IIwiki Administrator

Owner of the United Republic of Emmeria and everything about it

Taronix
Spokesperson

Founded: May 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Taronix » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:00 pm

Many of the SPGs turned into smithereens. Leaving only two left undamaged. The soldiers remained at a standstill, neither advancing, nor retreating. At sea, the explosive RC boats did some moderate damage to the many hulls. But nothing that could not be patched up. Behind some of the carriers, many TAaV WB "Anglers" were being released. (Yes, my Carriers carry boats as well. Nothing that can't be accomplished in MT.) These small jet boats are equipped with mortars, within several minutes, over fifteen of them were in the water, and firing rapidly at all the enemy vessels.
DEFCON
[2]

Phonencia
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Phonencia » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:23 pm

United Nations Alliance wrote:Geberal Xavier nodded. "Of course...and it'll be up to Tayla if she goes with you to the funeral for your troops....likewise it is up to you if you want to come to the one for her Seraphims" he said. The meeting went on for a couplemore minutes, then they saluted and the screen went blank as they terminated the video link. Tayla let go of Nathaniel's hand and turned and walked out of the room. She went to one of the railings and leant against it, looking out over the deck and the ocean. A small tear ran down her cheek.

Hammerhead leaned back against the wall of the bridge, right next to the door.
"So Shadowstep...er, Hanna I guess. I never did tell you,"
the young SEAL began,
"My real name's Stephen. I'm uh...I'm glad we had you guys to watch our backs. I'm sorry for your loss."
he glanced over towards the other end of the bridge, watching Tigershark disappear out the door.
"Good luck lover boy."
Stephen breathed, biting his lower lip as he thought about the hilarious ribbing Bullshark would've given had he been there.
"Listen uh...Barracuda, Toby, some of the Angels and Marines and me, we're all going to the ship's bar to grab a drink. Do you and the girls wanna' join us?"
he offered.

Nathaniel joined Tayla by the railing, resting his arms on the cold steel and folding his hands together, his sharp eyes scanning the ocean around them.
A cold breeze blew in from the west, sending a slight chill up his spine as he thought over what (if anything) to say and how to say it.
He glanced down at his rough, strong hands, turning them over in the moonlight and examining the scars and creases.
"I'm a killer."
he breathed, curling his fingers back in and clasping his hands once more.
"I've killed easily over a hundred people since I joined up. Not all of them deserved it. Some were just sailors that got their ship "mysteriously" sunk out from under them by me and the boys. I've never really thought about it that much but...tonight, now that I've lost so many brothers...I can't help but wonder if I caused something like this a hundred times over. A hundred families grieving. A hundred wives crying. Hell, some of the people I've killed weren't even old enough to be married. I've killed teenagers before. On several occasions."
he a ran hand over his tight brown buzz cut then looked down and realized he was still wearing his body armor.
"I'm gonna' miss them...so much. The Angels, my SEALs, the Marines...they were all my brothers. They all trusted my leadership and I let them down. Maybe if I'd done something different...gone a different way or had us stop somewhere else..."
he opened one of the pouchs on his vest and pulled out two sets of dogtags, encased in black plastic to keep them from clinking and emblazoned with a tiny Navy SEALs insignia on the back.
"I shouldn't complain so much I suppose. Toby lost so many of his Angels..."
he pulled his own dogtags out of his shirt. The ball link chain already held his own tags as well as a blood red cross shaped similairly to the maltese or Iron Cross*. He carefully linked one of each of his brothers' tags onto his own chain then placed the remaining tags back in the pouch.
"This..."
he reached into a different pouch and pulled out a fistful of dogtags with Angel wings on the back,
"This is something to cry over. I don't know how Toby handles it..."
he dropped the tags back in their pouch and sighed long and slow,
"We'll move on eventually I guess. We never really get over things like this but...it gets easier."
he rested his rough, strong hand on Tayla's smaller and more feminine one.
"I'm sorry about your girls. I wish we could've got there earlier. A few days ago maybe. Either way though...we got out okay, and that's what matters for now."
he leaned over and gently kissed away the single salty tear just before it could reach Tayla's chin.
"It's cold out here..."
he whispered, gently brushing the back of his hand over her cheek.
"Do you want to...come inside with me? My cabin is pretty comfortable."
he offered, flushing slightly with nervousness and embarassment.
"Y'know...I just figured you might like it better than having to share one of the cramped officer's cabins with one of your girls."
He rubbed the back of his neck nervously, face feeling a bit hot despite the cold breeze.

To: All ICE Forces in Verktha
Encryption: ICE

/start/
Operation Exodus is a go. I repeat Operation Exodus is go. Begin your assaults on target Oscar Bravo immediately. No CBRN weapons are to be deployed without prior consent from ICE Central Command. Ladies and gentlemen, today we free the oppressed.
Supreme Commander Parker
/end/
Unified diversity
Functioning as one body
Every part encouraged by the other
No one independent of another
Irreplaceable
Indispensable
You're incredible
Incredible...

Armageddon Steel Legion
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Armageddon Steel Legion » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:06 am

A white flag was put on the main ship and a radio message was sent to the Taronix ships."Men of Taronix, hear me. I would like to offer a truce againsta common foe-Orson, if accepted you can come aboard and we shall discuss details.

Vrkas beach

Two massive cylinders were built on each side of the beach, they were massive flame-throwers that could incinerate anything that landed on the beach. It would save ammo for the second wave and so the men would be prepared for any attack's. Nearly everything had been safe-guarded against EMP strike, hangers had been turned into massive faylea boxes that would keel them safe and tanks had improved optics to also safe-guard against it.
I am FEMALE.

Taronix
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Taronix » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:45 pm

The white-flag was spotted. Within minutes, all crew members of all ships began heated discussions. "This is a trick! I know it!" Some say. Others, "We should accept, to many lives have been lost." In the end, however it all boiled down to the Admiral of the fleet.
Admiral Watkins stood at the prow of his ship. He stared at the white flag, with no doubt, thinking. After many minutes, the battle started to cool, and his decision was made. Accept. He understood the Orsons were dangerous. He had little trouble thinking that his superiors had considered aiding the Orsons, but right now, an end to the fight was welcome. He gave the order to raise a white-flag of his own. After that, he sent out a message to his enemies. "Men of the Death Korps of Krieg, we welcome this invitation to a discussion, however, any traitorous action will be retaliated with dire consequences."
DEFCON
[2]

Armageddon Steel Legion
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Armageddon Steel Legion » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:53 pm

Admiral Luxo Canium had the battleship."Litany of Rage." Sail next to the Taronix's main ship before a bridge was put it out, allowing them across to the dark, sleek ship. Luxo then bowed at the Taronix admiral and offered him a symbol of the Emperor. The Emperor's neck-lace. Which was a necklace but with wings at the bottom and a skull in the centre. "Come, let us go to my bridge."He said before leading the Taronix commander to his private officer in the bridge.
I am FEMALE.

Taronix
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Taronix » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:47 pm

Admiral Watkins walked over, amaze at the enemy vessel. As the enemy Admiral showed the symbol of their emperor, Admiral Watkins had a brief flare of anger, but he continued walking.
DEFCON
[2]

Virana
Minister

Founded: Jan 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Virana » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:03 pm

Task Force Abyssal Liberty

UR Navy

Strike Force 177 - 17 ships; 104 aircraft (50 fighters; 20 UAVs)

Carrier Strike Group 5
  • URS Hell's Guardian (Ark Royal class super carrier)
  • (2) Gladiator class cruisers
  • (2) Warrior class destroyers
Naval Support Group 7
  • URS Valiance (Fury class arsenal ship)
  • (2) Gladiator class cruisers
  • (1) Warrior class destroyer
  • (1) Jacob Keyes class frigate
Littoral Strike Group 3
  • (1) Avenger class unmanned aerial vehicle mother ship
  • (1) Vanguard class shore bombardment destroyer
  • (1) Gladiator class cruiser
  • (2) Jacob Keyes class frigates
  • (2) Revenant class littoral combat ships
Carrier Air Wing 5
  • (6) F-26 Knight advanced air superiority fighters
  • (26) F-36C Super Viper multirole fighters
  • (18) F/A-18E/F Super Hornet multirole fighters
  • (5) E/A-18G Growler electronic warfare support aircraft
  • (5) E-2D Advanced Hawkeye AEW systems
  • (2) C-2 Greyhound cargo aircraft
  • (16) MH-60R Seahawk helicopters
  • (7) unmanned aerial vehicles (various types)

UR Marine Corps

12th Marine Expeditionary Unit - 2,217 men; 19 aircraft

OOC: If you want more info on the carrier and/or its aircraft, look at my factbook. For any other ship, TG me for some specs.

Strike Force 177 — International Waters, SW of Verktha

Captain Richard Wright was still sitting in the air-conditioned bridge. He'd been informed that the invasion would commence soon, but he didn't know exactly when. That was when his phone lit up, displaying a text message from one of his superiors.

It's time. Op abyssal liberty is a go. Lead SF177 against those Old Berries :P Phone and UNA coming from Kasavia and Verkthanian CW.

Sending more info on Net. Good luck out there. Get in contact ASAP.
-Adm William T. Castle, Chairman, United Republic Joint Security Committee

The captain smiled. A message from the Joint Security Council? They were the heads of the entire defense force. And he was reporting directly to them. Probably because it was the largest ongoing operation in the United Republic at the moment. Besides, he didn't expect to get into contact with them again, but rather possibly with another admiral.

He had one of his subordinates pull up information on the UR's tactical combat network, linking the activities of the entire task force. He could access UAV reconnaissance, cameras in fighter jets, sensory information from across the fleet and the UR's overall network—including satellite. The subordinate pulled up satellite data.

"Sir we've got SATINT, a sat radar detected a flotilla of 'Berry ships to the northeast. Likely guarding the colony. Shouldn't be a big deal, but the rest of their fleet's floating in international waters nearby," said the naval officer.

"Very well, if we're going to stop that fleet then we'll have to lock down this region. Get the rest of ICE to send their ships down here. We're packed full of weapons but we don't know what the Berries have available to throw at us," Capt. Wright replied.

The plan was to go in, neutralize the Beringian threats, and lock down the colony's coastline by enforcing a full-on blockade. He hoped that other ICE nations would join in immediately; they'd have to in order to support the Phonencian and Armazian forces coming from the north.

- United Republic of Emmeria Message #Begin -
To all ICE forces,

In order to successfully execute Operation Exodus I believe a naval blockade of Kiska—Beringian Verktha—is absolutely necessary. This would prevent an influx of slaves and other civilians that might get in the way. In addition, it would allow us to more effectively fight the Beringian fleet which would undoubtedly counterattack on our ships that are moving in to attack the Beringian flotilla.

So, I request all ICE naval forces to join Strike Force 177 and initiate war-level readiness for local forces. Ground forces attacking from the Verkthanian Commonwealth and/or Territory of Kasavia are cleared to begin invasion operation.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Captain Richard Wright
Commanding Officer, Strike Force 177
United Republic Navy

- United Republic of Emmeria Message #End -
Last edited by Virana on Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.
II Mentor specializing in MT and GE&T. If you need help, TG me, visit our thread, or join our IRC channel, #NSMentors on irc.esper.net!

Mentors Hub | Welcome to II | RP Questions | #NSMentors
International Incidents Mentor | IIwiki Administrator

Owner of the United Republic of Emmeria and everything about it

Armageddon Steel Legion
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Armageddon Steel Legion » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:06 pm

Taronix wrote:Admiral Watkins walked over, amaze at the enemy vessel. As the enemy Admiral showed the symbol of their emperor, Admiral Watkins had a brief flare of anger, but he continued walking.

"As you know Commander, the enemy stands at our door. We have put everything on their only way in, one beach that has been turned into a fortress that no one can beat. We hope, with our smaller numbers but better training we can beat them. Your support would be excellent in this matter."
I am FEMALE.

Taronix
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Taronix » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:53 pm

Armageddon Steel Legion wrote:
Taronix wrote:Admiral Watkins walked over, amaze at the enemy vessel. As the enemy Admiral showed the symbol of their emperor, Admiral Watkins had a brief flare of anger, but he continued walking.

"As you know Commander, the enemy stands at our door. We have put everything on their only way in, one beach that has been turned into a fortress that no one can beat. We hope, with our smaller numbers but better training we can beat them. Your support would be excellent in this matter."

"My support?" Watkins quickly retorted, "After your nation chose to support our rebels, and, we have no doubt, even corrupted them into this religion that involves the killing of all people that are not members for fear of some stupid Chaos bullshit?" His anger was clearly starting to escalate. "I'm sorry. It's just that you know, you DID help the rebels. And that can never be. But an end to your military intervention, and possibly negotiating a peace with the rebels must come first. Then, we shall negotiate some sort of support."
DEFCON
[2]

United Nations Alliance (Ancient)
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby United Nations Alliance (Ancient) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:44 pm

International waters SW of Verktha
Task Force 108, the UNA Task Force attached to ICE moved in beside the rest of the forces forming up there. Two Battle Carrier Groups, all the ships in charge of escorting them and all the carrier-based fighters, multiroles and attackers that where loaded up. Both admirals commanding here had been the ones leading the failed blockade of Khalite when that war was going. Now that they had rested up and the repairs had been completed on 99% of the ships they where ready for this deployment. Admiral Alyss Quinn was in charge of Task Force 108's fleet, and she watched the screen that showed the countdown until thier little suprise was ready. 12 hours and the advantage they would have would arrive.

--------
Tayla looked at Nathaniel and nodded. "That'll be good" she said, smiling softly. "And we've all done things we aren't proud of, but that is what we know what to expect mission wise when we singed up" she added, holding her hand out for him.

Hanna looked at Stephen and smiled. "Yeah I could get a drink...the other girls are probably dealing with this mission in thier own ways...just remember, I am a married woman, and very happily I might add...so no funny business" she said, holding up her hand that had her wedding ring on it.
[5]Peace, no conflict
[4]Above normal readiness/Increased intelligence watch and strengthened security measures
[3]Medium readiness/Increase in force readiness above that required for normal readiness. Minor peacekeeping operation(s) underway
[2]War readiness. ICE Operation(s) underway
[1]Full-scale war. Defence of homeland or full invasion of another
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=69551
Our IC name is the Consolidated Nations Allaince

Proud Member of the International Criminal Police and Peacekeepers Organization

Proud member, and founder of International Coalition for Expansion (ICE)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents