NATION

PASSWORD

Complete embargo of Gholgoth

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Rotovia-
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 02, 2005
Ex-Nation

Complete embargo of Gholgoth

Postby Rotovia- » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:34 am

The great hall of the Senate Chamber echoed with thousands of shuffles, coughs, and creaks as the unmistakable thud of wood upon wood cleared the air. With a single loud clear of his throat, Lord Maxois bellowed "The Right Honourable Minister for National Defence and Security has the call!".

Rising from the long, white benches which encircled the chamber, Sarah took her time eyeing off the opposition Senators as she approached the order box. "Most Honourable Senators, and members opposite" she began to the roaring laughter and muted groans of the respected sides. "We rise today to seek leave to move a motion to amend Schedule 9 of the International Trade Guideline and other Measures Act to include the region of Gholgoth and the nations within, with immediate affect".

The room irrupted in noise with crises of "Had any one heard of Aerosalia before this morning?" and "Shame" carrying above the din. It would take Lord Maxois rising from his seat and removing no less than a dozen members of the opposition for order to be restored enough for him to continue "The Leader of the Most Loyal Ministers has the call"

"Thank you my Lord Speaker, I move a procedural motion that a general gag be applied, and the motion be put"

Waving aside a tide of opposition front benchers rushing to microphones, "All those in favour...?". The resounding shout of "aye" from the Senate was quickly followed by a repeat performance.

---

Constitutional Republic of Rotovia
Ministry for Foreign Affairs

PRESS RELEASE

RE: Rotovia imposes economic sanctions upon the region of Gholgoth

With the passage of an amendment to the trade legislation this morning, the Rotovian government has taken the decisive step of upholding our opposition to Automagfreak, the values and actions they have expressed on the international stage. Defence Minister and Vice President Lady Sarah Hours called the move "A daunting, but necessary move to ensure our foreign policy is more than empty rhetoric".

The sanctions will apply to all nations within the region of Gholgoth, applying to all goods and services produced or sold through those nations. Officials from the Department of Trade and Development where quick to issue an orange flag notice to all licensed international operations within Rotovia that the new restrictions come into immediate affect. Business and individuals operating within Rotovia, regardless of their country of origin, are reminded criminal and civil penalties apply.

Vice President Hours responded to concerns from the press gallery the sanctions would harm Rotovian businesses by stating "Rotovian business has always succeeded because we lead and not follow when it comes to ethical conduct, and trading with despicable nations nations such as Automagfreak cannot be part of the bottom line".

Rotovian business concerned about the impact of this decision are advised to contact the Department on XXXX-XXXX-XXX

Rotovia-
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rotovia- » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:01 am

Office of the President

To: The Board of Directors (or equivalent) of The Atraezan Oil Corporation, Athena Aerospace Consortium, Yohannesische Bundesbank, Royal Beaufort Shipwrights Guild, VMK Defence & Steel Works, Anemonian State Armaments Export Authority, and Arjuna Tea Services Corporation;
The Foreign Minister of Golgoth nations
CC: media-elist@foreignaffairs.gov.ro
Subject: Suspension of trade

To whom it may concern: I write to you to inform you that your organisations have twenty-four to close and remove all operations you may have from the Constitutional Republic of Rotovia under the force of Executive Order AX31FT89:4a

[signed]
Dr Miriam Gullyte-Fields
Deputy Secretary to the Office of the President
Last edited by Rotovia- on Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:06 am

Rotovia- wrote:
(Image)
Office of the President

To: The Board of Directors (or equivalent) of The Atraezan Oil Corporation, Athena Aerospace Consortium, Yohannesische Bundesbank, Royal Beaufort Shipwrights Guild, VMK Defence & Steel Works, Anemonian State Armaments Export Authority, and Arjuna Tea Services Corporation;

To whom it may concern: I write to you to inform you that your organisations have twenty-four to close and remove all operations from the Constitutional Republic of Rotovia under the force of Executive Order AX31FT89:4a

[signed]
Dr Miriam Gullyte-Fields

[OOC: I am sorry, but that is a huge godmodding.

You cannot control any characters nor entities from my nation; which in this case include VMK Defence & Steel Works, Yohannesiche Bundesbank, Yohannesische Börse AG and Arjuna Tea Services Corporation. Only I can control the fact whether these entities have branches or factories in your nation.

Furthermore, I didn't see any of your posts in any of my storefront threads, meaning that you have made up that IC statement out of nowhere nor prior contact with me or any of my storefronts. This meant that you have, as I said above, controlled my characters/entities which is equal to godmodding as defined by the international incidents stickies and guidelines.

Kind regard
The player of Yohannes
II Roleplay Mentor]
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Rotovia-
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rotovia- » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:13 am

Yohannes wrote:
Rotovia- wrote:
(Image)
Office of the President

To whom it may concern: I write to you to inform you that your organisations have twenty-four to close and remove all operations from the Constitutional Republic of Rotovia under the force of Executive Order AX31FT89:4a

[signed]
Dr Miriam Gullyte-Fields

You cannot control any characters nor entities from my nation; which in this case include VMK Defence & Steel Works, Yohannesiche Bundesbank, Yohannesische Börse AG and Arjuna Tea Services Corporation. Only I can control the fact whether these entities have branches or factories in your nation.

Furthermore, I didn't see any of your posts in any of my storefront threads, meaning that you have made up that IC statement out of nowhere nor prior contact with me or any of my storefronts. This meant that you have, as I said above, controlled my characters/entities which is equal to godmodding as defined by the international incidents stickies and guidelines.

Kind regard
The player of Yohannes
II Roleplay Mentor
]

OOC: Please re-read my post, nothing in my posts controls any other character or entity. It involves the passage of law, and an executive order with my nation. Needless to say, clearly sanctions are not a god-mod.

Alexiandra
Senator

Founded: Feb 04, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Alexiandra » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:18 am

Rotovia- wrote:
Yohannes wrote:

Kind regard
The player of Yohannes
II Roleplay Mentor
]

OOC: Please re-read my post, nothing in my posts controls any other character or entity. It involves the passage of law, and an executive order with my nation. Needless to say, clearly sanctions are not a god-mod.

Well, by the act of ordering her businesses out of your nation you directly imply that Yohannes has businesses in your nation, even though she never agreed to this.
'A distinction is made in private life between what a man thinks and says of himself and what he really is and does. In historical struggles one must make a still sharper distinction between the phrases and fantasies of the parties and their real organisation and real interests, between their conception of themselves and what they really are.'

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:18 am

Rotovia- wrote:OOC: Please re-read my post, nothing in my posts controls any other character or entity. It involves the passage of law, and an executive order with my nation. Needless to say, clearly sanctions are not a god-mod.

Rotovia- wrote:that your organisations have twenty-four to close and remove all operations from the Constitutional Republic of Rotovia

Quoted from your own post. As I have said, you have assumed that any of my businesses have "operations" in the Constitutional Republic of Rotovia.

Well, as I have said; none of my businesses have any, and to be able to claim that my businesses have "operations" in your nation, you will have to first actually post in my storefronts.

Which you did not.
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Rotovia-
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rotovia- » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:21 am

Yohannes wrote:
Rotovia- wrote:OOC: Please re-read my post, nothing in my posts controls any other character or entity. It involves the passage of law, and an executive order with my nation. Needless to say, clearly sanctions are not a god-mod.

Rotovia- wrote:that your organisations have twenty-four to close and remove all operations from the Constitutional Republic of Rotovia

Quoted from your own post. As I have said, you have assumed that any of my businesses have "operations" in the Constitutional Republic of Rotovia.

Well, as I have said; none of my businesses have any, and to be able to claim that my businesses have "operations" in your nation, you will have to first actually post in my storefronts.

Which you did not.

OOC: As a a personal request, would you mind posting something to the effect of "OOC" when not in-character?
For clarity, read the message as "To whom it may concern: I write to you to inform you that your organisations have twenty-four to close and remove all operations you may have from the Constitutional Republic of Rotovia under the force of Executive Order AX31FT89:4a". Hope that clarifies things.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:46 am

Rotovia- wrote:OOC: As a a personal request, would you mind posting something to the effect of "OOC" when not in-character?
For clarity, read the message as "To whom it may concern: I write to you to inform you that your organisations have twenty-four to close and remove all operations you may have from the Constitutional Republic of Rotovia under the force of Executive Order AX31FT89:4a". Hope that clarifies things.

[OOC: Here you go, my friend. Your own quote.]

Rotovia- wrote:To whom it may concern: I write to you to inform you that your organisations have twenty-four to close and remove all operations from the Constitutional Republic of Rotovia under the force of Executive Order AX31FT89:4a

Where is the you may have bit in the original IC post? I will want you to add/edit that to the original post, because the former (without the "you may have") is quite a huge difference to actually claiming that I have any "operations" in your nation.

Trivval
Minister

Founded: Sep 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Trivval » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:48 am

[oh-oh-sea] I think he means that he is going to edit the original so it then reads, you may have. He's saying in the mean time pretend it says you may have. I think...
Last edited by Trivval on Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rotovia-
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rotovia- » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:49 am

Yohannes wrote:
Rotovia- wrote:OOC: As a a personal request, would you mind posting something to the effect of "OOC" when not in-character?

[OOC: Here you go, my friend. Your own quote.]

Rotovia- wrote:To whom it may concern: I write to you to inform you that your organisations have twenty-four to close and remove all operations from the Constitutional Republic of Rotovia under the force of Executive Order AX31FT89:4a

Where is the you may have bit in the original IC post? I will want you to add/edit that to the original post, because the former (without the "you may have") is quite a huge difference to actually claiming that I have any "operations" in your nation.

OOC: If you had an OOC misunderstanding, you should now have clarity on that. If it is an IC one, then you can respond by indicating your executives confusion.

Rotovia-
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rotovia- » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:50 am

Trivval wrote:[oh-oh-sea] I think he means that he is going to edit the original so it then reads, you may have. He's saying in the mean time pretend it says you may have. I think...

OOC: And I thank the player who stepped in prevent me spending my entire night talking in circles.

Trivval
Minister

Founded: Sep 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Trivval » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:00 am

[ooc] Right. Let's clarify this. I do not support the statement that anyone has factories anywhere without the factory manager dude whatever commander operations says that they do.

I just stepped in to stop an argument from continuing into the night, yet that's just what has continued in private channels.

Long story short, fuck you, I'm going to play TF2. Have a nice night.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:25 pm

Trivval wrote:Long story short, fuck you, I'm going to play TF2. Have a nice night.

Don't flame.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents