NATION

PASSWORD

The Empire of Myrten has abolished all political freedoms

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Myrten
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Myrten » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:16 pm

So then be it.I will send a squadron of Shock troopers on the Bodobol Minor soil,and I will ask you to not shoot at them. We agree to not shoot at Bodobol soldiers and only at Bodobol minor forces,if you give us a small part of Bodobol Minor and 5% of their resources.

-The Emperor

Bodobol
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 12, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Bodobol » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:14 am

To: Emperor Myrtenul
We have a deal.

King Kohnar

OOC: Normally, I would've typed more, but I have to get off soon anyway, so yeah.
Last.fmRead my blogshe/her

Felix Terra
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Felix Terra » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:32 am

To: Myrten
Subject: Plans to Open Fire on Aid Workers

Sir or madam,
We WILL provide asylum for your citizens. Mark my words, if a Myrtenian police officer comes here looking for them, it will be considered an attack on the archipelago and will be responded to in kind. And keep in mind, firing on humanitarian aid workers is against several international treaties. We suggest you back down immediately. You have been warned.
Signed,
Supreme Chancellor Ashley Perkins
why are you looking at a post from 2012 go home you're drunk

East Apikai is my main nation nowadays

Bodobol Minor
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bodobol Minor » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:07 pm

To: Myrtenul

Our troops are now marching towards your soil.

Mark my words, we will prevail.

Myrten
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Myrten » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:10 pm

To: Drakul Cedric

Who the fuck are you anyways? A citizen? A general? The ruler? Well if you rule this country I feel bad for you son,because my shock troopers are already killing your policemen. Also,I don't know if your troops have radios or what,but currently we are shelling your troops to death (OOC : Like I always do,do you accept that your troops get killed by the bombs,or just a part or none?) (Back to IC.) By the way,kid,I do not know who the FUCK do you think you are,but you are surely very arrogant. My military is better than your population. You know what? I kind of want to shut you the fuck up,so I am sending in a battalion of soldiers to conduct a Blitz-krieg on whatever is your capital city. We will change your puny flags to the great Falcon-Dragon of Myrten,and you will be knowing you lost by seeing our snipers on your rooftops,and our shocktroopers marching your streets.
Last edited by Myrten on Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bodobol Minor
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Bodobol Minor » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:40 pm

OOC: Eh, let part of 'em be killed by the bombs, but don't kill all of them. I want to make this interesting. Also, the capitol of Bodobol Minor is Highpoint City.
IC:
To:Shaw Becker
I will have you know that I am the leader of Bodobol Minor, and that you will be destroyed. (OOC again: Like I said, Drakul Cedric and Bodobol Minor are both very, very idiotic)IC: You may have more troops than us, but our men fight with honor and pride for their nation! While I bet you are just enlisting children into your army who are slaves with no heart at all! Mark my words, one day you will wake up and find out that your capitol has been nuked.

Virana
Minister

Founded: Jan 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Virana » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:46 pm

OOC: I'm thinking of doing a policing action, some type of militarily-enforced no-fly zone above Bodobol Minor similar to NATO in Libya. To "prevent civilian casualties" of course, but it's really just a military operation with only air forces. Just so I can test out my modernized air force. Also, just one thing of note; Myrten's total population is 29 million, while BM's is 16 million. Yet Myrten's military is larger than BM's entire population? Can I get some type of "official" RP figures for this, so I know what we're dealing with? Since 55% of your entire population being in the military seems unrealistic, even for the most militarized states in the world, which are generally only 6-10% in the military with an absolute maximum surge, with a small population, being up to 40% (and that's only Israel).

EDIT: Here it is.

Recipient(s): Empire of Myrten, Bodobol Minor
Date: 22 August 2012

Sender(s): Lana Basara, United Republic Secretary of State
Subject: Upcoming Conflict
To the Empire of Myrten and Bodobol Minor,

Although not intending to intervene in a just war between two sovereign parties, the United Republic would like to express its deep concern regarding civilian casualties during this conflict, especially due to the distinct overall superiority for the military of the Empire of Myrten against its opponent. This concern is further worsened by the constant shelling and bombing of Bodobolan (Minor) troops by Myrtenian forces (OOC: how're you shelling them from across the planet from your country? Unless it's naval or bombers...). We are particularly worried that this indiscriminate destruction of the military targets in Bodobol Minor will indeed translate into civilian casualties, and the claims of snipers and Myrtenian shock troops inside the nation have raised concerns as well. Furthermore, the United Republic still considers Bodobol Minor a territory of the allied Republic of Bodobol, having considered Bodobol Minor's declaration of sovereignty to be null and void, and thus interprets these attacks as an attack on an allied nation. In addition, if the Republic of Bodobol approves the idea of the decimation of entire cities and killing of millions of civilians in a territory that will likely soon become part of the Republic again, the United Republic takes their acceptance to such as a crime against humanity and the rights to sovereignty.

As such, the United Republic wishes to enforce a no-fly zone above the territory referred to as Bodobol Minor. United Republic Defense Force units nearest to the East Pacific region will be mobilized to do so. All non-allied military units in the airspace of Bodobol Minor will either be contacted and grounded by a UR combat air patrol or shot down as a last resort; this will prevent the bombing of civilians as well as prevent strategic and tactical air transport of Myrtenian troops in Bodobol Minor. In addition, the UR will enforce an embargo on exports from the Empire of Myrten, and is considering the option to establish a naval blockade to prevent militarily useful supplies from getting into or out of Myrten.

Finally, the UR is extremely appalled at the threat to use nuclear weapons, and will indeed take measures to ensure such weapons remain unused throughout the duration of the conflict. Should such devices be used against any party, the URDF will raise its alert level and prepare for the prospect of a nuclear war; this is an option that we approach with extreme caution and it is considered as a last-resort, once all other possible favorable options have been exhausted.

For parties that accept the no-fly zone, we request you immediately ground all military air units as soon as possible to prevent hostility. Thank you for your consideration, and we sincerely hope all parties comply with our demands.

With all due respect,
Lana Basara
United Republic Secretary of State

Luis Castilla
President of the United Republic
Last edited by Virana on Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
II Mentor specializing in MT and GE&T. If you need help, TG me, visit our thread, or join our IRC channel, #NSMentors on irc.esper.net!

Mentors Hub | Welcome to II | RP Questions | #NSMentors
International Incidents Mentor | IIwiki Administrator

Owner of the United Republic of Emmeria and everything about it

Cogitia
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Cogitanian News Leak.

Postby Cogitia » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:07 pm

This is a Heijne News Special Report.

The Cogitian First Citizen issued a statement today on the ongoing situations in the Empire of Myrten. Addressing the Six Mayors and the Cogitian People, he confirmed the position of the Cogitian Government on the situation and the eventuality of conflict.

"F**k!"

He is quoted as saying, with additional remarks including;
"This is a real f**king s**tstorm right here. I don't even know what this place is, like, a continent or something, but whatever, this is bad."

In his closing statement, the First Citizen also made some remarks concerning possible intervention in the region.
"This whole civil rights thing, damn, that's pretty screwed up. I mean, really, mister Emperor? Abolishing all of them? Not cool, man. I'm planning on maybe, you know, sending some food over or something to, like, help the Myrten- Myrtenians? Myrtans? Like, their kids. I dunno, just throwing ideas and seeing what sticks."

In addition, the current First Mayor also made a statement regarding the situation in Myrten.
"I don't know where this place is, but, mark my words, wherever you are... we're going to... Yeah, no, we're probably not gonna do s**t. The food plan sounds good."

In other news, the stock price of the food-cannon developing company BarrelFoods went up by 25% as of yesterday's statement, along with stocks in hydroponics farming.
OOC: I certainly hope I'm not doing anything wrong here! Please tell me if I stepped out of line. Q.Q

The Central Dominance
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Central Dominance » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:09 pm

To: The False Emperor of Myrten
From: Lord Prelan Venture, Head Obligator of the Canton of Orthodoxy.

I speak on behalf of the Lord Ruler, the sliver of infinity, in that of the Final Empire support your actions in curtailing the disease known as democracy, and can provide you with slaves in exchange for resources. The Lord Ruler has blessed Myrten, and hereby announces formal relations with the Empire.

With regards,

Lord Prelan Venture
Head Obligator, Canton of Orthodoxy
Last edited by The Central Dominance on Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The New Lowlands
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Lowlands » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:02 pm

To the Emperor of Myrten.

This is not the time for making things look better than they are.
Mr. Myrtenul, cease your assault on lower Bodobol. Grant your people their wishes.
Keep your wars with foreigners away from being invasions, or, if you do not respect the independence of nations, we will be forced to intervene, for the sake of freedom.

Kind Regards,

Jan Anderszoon, President of the United Federation of the New Lowlands.

To Drakul Ceric, Bodobol Rebel Leader.

Cease your invasion of the Empire of Myrtenul. If they attack you, I may assure you, by the Estates-General, help is on the way. If you attack them no such guarantees can be made.

-Sincere and Kind Regards,

Jan Anderszoon, President of the United Federation of the New Lowlands.

Myrten
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Myrten » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:45 am

(OOC: Virana,he said that the bodobol minor troops were marching towards Myrten,so I assumed they were currently near Myrten. Also,thanks for pointing that out. Now I will just say that my military is bigger than their military.)

IC :

To: Lord Prelan Venture, Head Obligator of the Canton of Orthodoxy

Thank you for this letter,and even though I do not like the fact that you called me a "False" Emperor,I would like you to know that I like the fact that you want to help me,but I am sorry to announce that we do not take slaves.

To:Cogitia

Please be more polite when talking about Myrten. Thank you.

To: Drakul Cedric

Guess what? None of my army is slaves. About 32% are conscripts,and the rests have enlisted.

So,my soldiers like their country just as much as your soldiers like their... Can I call it a country? I mean,I'm serious,your country is so horrible I do not know if I can call it a country.

Checkmate.

Bodobol
Negotiator

Postby Bodobol » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:20 pm

To: Emperor Mytenul

We have received word that you are causing a terrible amount of civilian casualties. Although we are most grateful for your military aid, we do not wish for you to harm civilians. If you continue causing civilian casualties, our deal will be over, and we will be forced to remove you from the country of Bodobol Minor.

Honorably Yours,
King Kohnar

Bodobol Minor
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Bodobol Minor » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:37 pm

OOC: To Virana- It's not actually Bodobolan, it's Bodoboli ;)
EDIT: OOC: We all just hate Mr. Cedric here, don't we? Same here :lol:

IC:

To: Shaw Becker

While I'm sure your "Emperor" is sitting on a throne made your citizen's money, where are they? Forced to do whatever the government tells them to do. Sure, a first look at our country might seem the same way, but conditions force us to do this. As soon as Myrten has vanished from the map, Bodobol Minor will become the greatest nation on the face of the planet. Place yourself in your citizen's shoes. Think about what their lives must be like. Can they cross the street? Maybe, if the government allows them too. You will grant your people their rights. If not... the nuke gets launched. Oh, and there will be no civilian casualties. This will only cost you the lives of your most precious military base (OOC: whichever one that is) IC:
Your choice.

To: Jan Anderszoon
While we appreciate the offer, Bodobol Minor was founded on the sole purpose of erasing the treachery known as Myrtenul. We kindly ask that you refrain from becoming involved in this war. It's not your fight.
Last edited by Bodobol Minor on Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The New Lowlands
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Lowlands » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:26 pm

To: whom it may concern, and the Foreign Office of the Empire of Myrten.
From: the Combined Offices of the Government of the New Lowlands
Encryption; None

It has come to the attention of the Government of the United Federation Of the New Lowlands that the Empire of Myrten has continually refused to accede to our demands and has failed to contact the Government with a reason as to why this is. Therefore, in the best interests of the Myrtenian and Lowlandian people, the Government has taken it upon itself to, effective immediately;

-Cease all trade with the Empire of Myrten.
    -Begin shutting down companies owned by the Empire of Myrten operating within any territory we control.
    -Investigating any ties of any companies with bases in Lowlandia to Myrten.
    -Prepare a task force with the goal of neutralising anti-air defence in the Empire of Myrten.
    -Prepare the Government's Nuclear Division to respond to a possible nuclear threat.
Unless the Empire of Myrten agrees to:

1. Cease firing upon foreign aircraft unless identification proves that Myrten is at war with that nation.
    2. Cease military operations within the region of Bodobol Minor.
    3. Allow access of New Lowlandian Army Investigators to all regions of the country.
The Estates-General has also decided to recognize the Empire of Myrten as a possible nuclear terror state, and in the interest of the Lowlandian people, requests that Myrten ceases using nuclear weaponry as an attempt to force diplomatic decisions.

Sincerely,
Johan Dieters,
Office of External Affairs.

"Uit de Zee Komt Vrijheid En Rijkdom"

To: The Foreign Office of The United Republic of Virana.
From: The Combined Offices of the United Federation of The New Lowlands.
Encryption; High

In the interests of the people of the United Federation, the Government intends to offer Virana assistance in it's creation of a no-fly zone over Bodobol Minor and would also hope to assist in the formation of a naval blockade against the nation of Myrten, as at this time we consider them a threat to international stability. To this goal, two separate Combined Arms task forces have been set aside and are being prepared currently, and the New Lowlandian military establishment has been instructed to recognise Viranan crafts and planes as allied to the Federation.

Naturally, the forces will only be deployed with the permission of Virana, as the nation organizing both the blockade and the no-fly zone, and also depending on the Myrtenian response to our demands.

Sincerely and With Respect,
Johan Dieters,
Officer of External Affairs.

"Uit De Zee Komt Vrijheid En Rijkdom"

To: Drakul Cedric, leader of Bodobol Minor
Encryption; Medium

In the interests of the Lowlandian people, and those of Myrten as well, I regret to inform you that we cannot entirely refrain from becoming involved in this conflict. However, in respect of your request, I will personally attempt to minimize any involvement we have in the Bodobol-Myrten conflict. You are right, it's not our fight, but there's another one waiting for us.

Kind Regards,
Stadhouder of the United Federation of the New Lowlands,
Jan Anderszoon.

"Uit de Zee komt Vrijheid en Rijkdom"

Virana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Virana » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:16 pm

OOC: I know Bodobol accepted the attack of BM. And sorry, I didn't know your demonym was Bodoboli :palm: . Also, to Lowlands, my country's name is like the USA; we prefer "United Republic" instead of "Virana" in official documents, similar to United States instead of just America. Also, although I'd like to tell ICE that we're intervening in this way, I think all of ICE joining in would be overkill; so, I'd rather just us two try to handle it unless it gets out of hand.

EDIT: Started RP with a simple post about beginning to go towards BM.

Recipient(s): Johan Dieters, Officer of External Affairs of the United Federation of the New Lowlands
Encryption: Military - Level 5

Sender(s): Lana Basara, United Republic Secretary of State
Subject: No-fly Zone
To Mr. Johan Dieters,

As a fellow member of the International Coalition for Expansion (ICE), the United Republic commends the measures taken by the New Lowlands to secure the best interests of the people of the United Republic, New Lowlandia, and the rest of ICE. We hope this policing action, which we are taking as an action to defend the interests of ICE, will help enhance an already unique relationship between our country and yours.

We undoubtedly agree to accept and endorse your support of the United Republic's desire to create a no-fly zone over Bodobol Minor. Currently a task force from Naval Support Activity (NSA) Anton, a UR naval base located in Anton, Etrius (a former UR colony) in the East Pacific region, is being mobilized and is on its way towards Bodobol Minor; the order of battle of the force is attached below. It will arrive within range to conduct large-scale air operations within the next few days. The intentions of the force are:
  1. To enforce a no-fly zone for all military aircraft above Bodobol Minor, severely limiting the flexibility for Myrten to deploy, supply, and transport troops and supplies in Bodobol Minor;
  2. To prevent Myrtenian air forces from conducting raids and bombings (tactical and strategic) against Bodoboli civilians and military personnel, limiting the ability for the Myrtenian air forces to support ground operations;
  3. And to prevent Myrtenian combat, supply, and transport ships from attacking Bodobol MInor and supporting Myrtenian ground operations
Although we recognize that Myrten does indeed have troops in the nation, these military assets would be severely under-supplied, under-supported, and would be forced to operate without any real form of external reinforcement. As such, we would essentially starve Myrtenian ground forces in Bodobol Minor into submission—as neither their ships nor aircraft can reach them—and completely eliminate the attacks on the nation without mobilizing ground forces for a costly, bloody amphibious invasion. The no-fly zone also translates to Bodobolii forces as well; since we recognize that Bodobol Minor is indeed in possession of a nuclear device, our ultimate goal is to prevent Bodobol Minor's large-scale military operations to prevent them from using nuclear weaponry. The same can be said for Myrten, which is a nation reportedly in possession of twenty such devices. However, we will attempt to employ our most sophisticated missile defense weaponry, including advanced anti-missile missiles, airborne lasers, and various other defense systems that were developed for the very prospect of defending against nuclear weaponry. The UR is pushing for an embargo on all imports of radioactive material going into Myrten, Bodobol, or Bodobol Minor to prevent nuclear proliferation, a major concern in the ongoing crisis.

Regarding the naval blockade of Myrten, the United Republic currently considers this unnecessary; however, a naval force must be kept prepared for a potential blockade which would be enforced if Myrten takes hostile action against one of our nations and fails to comply with our demands.

With all due respect,
Lana Basara
United Republic Secretary of State

Luis Castilla
President of the United Republic
(1) Attachment
Joint Task Force Iron Goddess

Naval Support Activity (NSA) Anton - Anton, Etrius

UR Navy

Task Force 259 - 20 ships; 2 submarines; 134 aircraft
  • Carrier Strike Group 5
  • Amphibious Strike Group 10
  • Surface Action Group 4

(2) Ark Royal class super carriers
(1) Legacy class amphibious assault ship
(1) Fury class arsenal ship
(7) Jacob Keyes class littoral combat ships
(4) Warrior class destroyers
(4) Vanguard class destroyers
(2) Spartan class unmanned shore bombardment ships
(2) Avalon class nuclear submarines

Carrier Air Wing 3
Carrier Air Wing 12

Aircraft
- 6 F-26 Knight air dominance fighters (UR Navy)
- 42 F-37A/B Kingfisher multirole fighters (UR Navy/Marine Corps)
- and others (none of the fighters)

UR Marine Corps

17th Battalion Landing Team (reinforced)

Unknown Location — East Pacific Ocean
0912 hours Eastern Virana time; August 23, 2012

The large task force of twenty ships was slowly making its way across the vast expanse of deep-blue ocean separating Etrius and Bodobol Minor. The massive gray-white ships swayed in the volatile sea currents as the bright morning sun had just begun to peak above the horizon, a fine line dividing the sea and dark-blue sky in the distance miles and miles away. The clear, cloudless sky revealed dozens of gray-black aircraft, all aerodynamically-designed for performance and stealth, protecting the ships below with an impressive array of anti-aircraft and anti-ship loadouts. From the sky the two aircraft carriers and the amphibious assault ship all stood out, their black runways and rows of fighter jets and helicopters serving as the very epitome of modern naval warfare.

The grim atmosphere of the interior of the ships served to contrast from the bright morning outside. Within the amphibious assault ship URS Andrelton, many UR marines, clearly distinguishable from the sailors by their DMC combat uniforms versus the blue-gray Navy uniforms, were consuming food in large amounts to subdue the sickening feeling in their stomachs of what was about to occur. Sure they weren't technically at war—in fact, they didn't really expect to see any ground combat—but the very prospect of the conflict and the thousands of men, on both sides, whose lives would come to an abrupt change—even a complete halt—in just a day's time was very unattractive yet still difficult to ignore.

In the air, the pilots of the fighter aircraft likely had it worse. They weren't about to watch complete voluntary manslaughter from a floating metal box; they had to be the ones who would commit it from invincible supersonic metal beasts thousands of meters in the air. The suspense with which the fighter pilots carried out their air patrol operations was extreme; while in the air, the pilots shuddered at, but were fully prepared for mentally and physically, potential combat with their opponents as the seriousness of the situation was relaxed by the occasional joke. But even then, they all knew what was about to happen.

It wasn't official, but war would soon be upon them.
Last edited by Virana on Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.
II Mentor specializing in MT and GE&T. If you need help, TG me, visit our thread, or join our IRC channel, #NSMentors on irc.esper.net!

Bodobol Minor
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Bodobol Minor » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:06 pm

To: Shaw Becker

In light of Virana's installation of a no-fly zone, we will refrain from nuking you. Despite this, you will still be destroyed.

Nordengrund
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nordengrund » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:38 pm

We admire you and are disappointed at the same time. Nordengrund has a reputation for being a religious ultraconservative nation, but we still let our citizens have personal liberty, to an extent. You do not have to abolish all political freedoms, but we do admire you for realizing what a hell leftism is.
1 John 1:9

The New Lowlands
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Lowlands » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:40 pm

To: The Foreign Office of the United Republic
From: The Offices of External Affairs & Defence, The New Lowlands' Government
Encryption; High

The New Lowlands' High Command and Government recognises and commends the United Republics' continued efforts and well-thought planning into this operation. Our tactical analysts agree; a costly land invasion must be prevented for the sake of the lives of the many. To that end, the Task Force is in the last stages of assemblage and re-equipment.
For your eyes, the deployment roster below.
Ship Roster-10 Vessels
2x Karel Doormans-Class Frigate
4x FREMM-class Frigate
1x R91 Charles DG Supercarrier
2x Rubis-class Submarines

Air Supplement-40 Aircraft
8x Eurocopter Caracal (multirole/transport helicopters)
16x Dassault Rafale (multirole fighters)
4x E-2D Hawkeye (AEW aircraft)
12x Eurofighter Typhoon (multirole fighters)
10x NHI NH90 (multirole frigate helicopters)

Land Units
1st National Marine Guard (Leeuwen)

Notes of Armament
THEL armament platforms have been introduced to the Karel Doorman frigates against ballistic missile weaponry.

The secondary Task Force for the blockade of Myrten has been assembled and is ready for deployment on a moment's notice.

We hope, both for the sake of a quick end to this war, and for the sake of greater friendship between our two nations, to be effective and quick in our deployment, and the Government would also like to offer it's wishes of luck and godspeed to the brave patriots in your Navy and Air Force.

Regards,
Anya Hoogeboom,
Officer of Defense.

0823 AM, Nieuw-Middelburg Time. Somewhere in the South Pacific, August 23, 2012.
The morning suns' rays beamed gloriously down onto the deep blue sea, and the face of Task Force Commander Karel Erikszoon.
No sooner had the orders come through then his swift and efficient crew had piloted the NLS Vereniging out of the port of Nieuw-Middelburg, and into the waypoint that had been set for the collection of the fleet. Seven ships, grey paint brightened by the arrival of the sun, and two submarines, all bearing that sacred insignia of freedom, the Roundel of the Federal Navy.

He turned his sights on the air deck below, where engineers, sailors, and Marines mingled, getting to their stations, finding their place on the amazing machinery of his ship. The planes lined the deck, the helicopters had been tied down, the missiles had all been counted out, the ammunition checked, and by New Lowlandian tradition, the colours nailed to the mast. A feeling of excitement was in the air- the first true naval engagement in the nation's history since the old battles with the Empire of Japan.

This was not a time for sadness, nor gloom, nor fear for the prospect of death. Captain Erikszoon had made his decision-

They would make it into the halls of glory, in the defence of liberty, or they would die trying!

Virana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Virana » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:55 pm

URS Andrelton — Unknown Location — East Pacific Ocean
0935 hours Eastern Virana time; August 23, 2012
En route to Bodobol Minor

Ensign Gerald Mendoza was on one of his first missions fresh out of the Navy OCS. The twenty-four-year old Navy commander was distinctly excited for his first taste of combat experience, coincidentally coming just weeks after his graduation from OCS. ENS Mendoza was in the amphibious assault ship's mess hall, eating breakfast from a plastic tray containing two strips of juicy bacon to go along with the scrambled eggs and fuming toast, still hot and fresh out of the toaster. Another man, this one in his late fifties, walked by and sat down, also with his own breakfast.

Recognizing him as the ship's commander, Lieutenant Commander Richard Collins, Mendoza saluted as Collins muttered the words "at ease" and seated himself directly across the table from Mendoza.

"So Ensign, how do you feel?" Collins said, his voice breaking a relative silence in the usually loud and crowded mess hall.

"I'm fine sir. Really excited for this mission, it'll be my first taste of combat," he replied in a voice that sounded immature and significantly inexperienced.

"That's something you'll have to stay in control of," replied the commander. "Controlling your emotions is the first step. You're greener than my damn lawn at the beginning of summer!"

"I understand sir, but I really think that this is something we shouldn't be afraid of. I'm fully prepared and excited," announced Mendoza.

"That's fine, you shouldn't be scared. But the excitement should die down; remember, you're going to be performing actions that'll do great things, but in the end you're still causing the deaths of people."

Mendoza contemplated for a second. "Sir, is that why these marines and pilots in this ship seem to be acting different?"

Collins chuckled. "You won't understand until you've got experience. They aren't acting different, they're all technically excited for fighting for their nation, and they are all doing great things. But at the same time they know one brutally inhumane reality—the realities of war."

At that last statement, Collins stood up and left to attend to the bridge, leaving Mendoza at the table to contemplate for himself.

OOC: Myrten, can you tell me if you've got some naval force near BM that I'd have to engage, or am I free to barge in and start attacking some planes and air defenses? And TNL, how about we have our task forces meet at some designated waypoint from where they'll reach BM together?

The New Lowlands
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Lowlands » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:34 pm

Aboard the NLS De Republiek R91 Supercarrier-Somewhere in the Pacific Ocean
Abdurrahman Wahid reverently unfurled the prayer mat onto the metal floor of his cabin on De Republiek. The rapid deployment had made the organisation of the ship go haywire, but after a while things had mostly settled down.

Reverently, he kneeled down onto the mat. It was true that he was not observing the rites of Islam as closely as he should have been, even with his practice of ijtihad, but it would not be held against him, insya'Allah. He started to murmur the words of the Salah, closing his eyes and pressing his nose and forehead against the mat.

"Figures that I'd have to bunk with a damn turban-head." a clear, feminine voice murmured from behind him in Lowlandian Dutch.

Dur straightened, sighing inwardly. "I thought one of the virtues of the Republic was religious tolerance." He turned his head to glance at the woman.

The woman in the doorway chuckled, a pleasant, lingering sound, as she brushed a hand over her short-cropped blonde hair and examined him through the trained blue eyes of a killer. He noticed the grey-green combat fatigues, and the orange-white Army insignia on her shoulder.

"Tolerance doesn't mean acceptance, and I wouldn't complain if you called me whatever name you have for... us."

Dur smiled warmly, nodding.

"Petty Officer Dur Wahid. A pleasure, I'm sure, Ms...?"

The soldier clicked her heels and saluted raptly.

"Sergeant Anitra Veldts, First National Marine Guard." She announced, stepping back into a slightly more relaxed position, then blinking in slight confusion. "Er. Sorry, training kicked in."

Dur continued smiling, standing up and extending a hand to his evident new bunkmate. "It happens to the best of us, Sergeant."

She awkwardly accepted his handshake, still poring him over with her angry blue eyes. "Indeed it does, Petty Officer."

OOC: Meeting at a pre-designated waypoint sounds good, I'm all for it.
Last edited by The New Lowlands on Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Myrten
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Myrten » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:10 pm

(OOC: Woah,can't catch up with all this shit. I was in vacation in spain,sorry I couldn't respond. It's gonna take me a while to answer to all of your letters,so I will ask you all to stop posting untill I post again. Thanks)

New Waterford
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Waterford » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:49 pm

(OoC: It's been 3 days, you must have read them all by now.)
The Republic of New Waterford hereby declares war on the Empire of Myrten. The best of our military is being deployed as we speak. May God have mercy on your soul.
Economic Left/Right: -8.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.49
Now known IC'ly as An Déise.

Myrten
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Myrten » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:52 am

((OOC : I have read them all and decided to ignore them. By the way,may I know why are you declaring war on us?))

IC : New Waterford,may your so-called "God" have mercy on your souls too. As we speak,all of our important officials and citizens are taking cover in a group of secret vaults and bunker,while our engineers are regulating the azimuths of our nuclear missiles and aiming them at your country.

Bodobol
Negotiator

Postby Bodobol » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:47 pm

To: Emperor Myrtenul
We, of Bodobol, have a zero-tolerance policy on nuclear weapons. You will cease this nuclear threat, or our peace will be revoked, and our military, which, by the way, is around the same size as one fourth of your entire population, will once again attack.
This is your decision to make.

Virana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Virana » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:50 pm

OOC: If you ignored them, do you not want me and TNL to intervene? Because I'm all up for backing out/retconning if you want to have your RP without a big country/alliance intervening.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates