NATION

PASSWORD

The Walking Dead RP [OOC][OPEN, EP. 4 STARTED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Konariona
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Konariona » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:36 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Monfrox wrote:Hey Tilt, just for kicks and giggles, what was the Male to Female ratio at the beginning?

Umm...I don't know. I'll get back to you on that.

(Later...)

19 M to 1 F.

:O.
Greetings, traveler.

Ruled by a hereditary monarch, Emperor-General Helix Dominastad.

You want our arms? Molon labe, Xerxes.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:45 pm

Konariona wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:
Umm...I don't know. I'll get back to you on that.

(Later...)

19 M to 1 F.

:O.

It boggles the mind...and irritated Mon's character something awful.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:47 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Konariona wrote::O.

It boggles the mind...and irritated Mon's character something awful.

Yeah it did. And before you ask, no she didn't let everyone get a turn. In fact, she kept everyone out of her pants rather expertly with the help of a sword. :lol:
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Dilange
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Dilange » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:51 pm

Time for a new character

NAME: Chris Grey

NATIONALITY: American

RACE: Caucasian

SKILLS: Did some work for Las Vegas SWAT as a bomb analyst, he knows how to build explosives as well as defuse them. He has a knack to make weapons out in the field, like making spiked bats and trip bombs.

WEAPONRY: Spiked baseball bat, empty KRISS KARD pistol, and spiked MMA gloves

VEHICLE: [spoiler=Chris' motorcycle]http://blogs.venturacountystar.com/vcs/motorhead/R1001.jpg[/spoiler]

BIOGRAPHY: Chris was a handyman, he could work with his hands very well. For three years, Chris worked as a SWAT bomb anaylst for the Las Vegas Police. During the initial outbreak, Chris had to shoot his way out of the police station with a pistol found in the evidence room. He managed to make it home and made his bat and gloves before leaving Las Vegas on his motocycle. Chris was driving out East to see if he could escape the infection. He made a detour in Indiana and went to Michigan , his way of making it to Canada and reach New York.

APPEARANCE:
Last edited by Dilange on Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:53 pm

Dilange wrote:Time for a new character

NAME: Chris Grey

Added to the list for Sentinel or Cylarn to review.
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

SSTxReaper
Minister

Founded: Nov 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SSTxReaper » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:31 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:I'll keep updating this with any more people.

Scott / Cylarn
Monroe / Sort-of-Cylarn
Doc Stewart / Lancearc
John / Camicon
Allison / Monfrox
Thomas / Khelshar
Yoni / Dilange
Alex / Dimoniquid
Riley / Modernus Warfar
Zhang / Saragrossa
Milos / United Slavic Nations

Li / SSTxReaper
Kenny / Nexeria
Stryker / Verkaria

Nikolai Travensky-Kruskeyov / Shadyrya. Page 73.

Sgt James "Survivor" Jones / Rackenshan. Page 74.
Ashely Thumper / Monfrox. Page 74.
Gabrielle Leighton / Tiltjuice. Page 74.
Juliana 'Sara' Moraes / Dimoniquid. Page 74.

Jacob Westen / Mektavia. Page 76.
Kerin Hayes / Ty-Ralyain. Page 76.

Sofya Polykov / Shadyrya. Page 77.
James Monroe / Cylarn. Page 77.

Jeanne Jager / Landseria. Page 78.

Anson Gatefield / Masoleumi. Page 79.

Dante Espiritu / Mare Solis. Page 86. Unexplained transportation method from Philippines, where he was when the walkers first rose, to Michigan.
Kyle Chester / SSTxReaper. Page 92.
Martin Cabraja / Tiltjuice. Page 92.
Erik Jasson / Konariona. Page 93.
Chris Grey / Dilange. Page 94.

M/F ratio at start of Episode 1 - 19 M to 1 F.
Current M/F ratio at end of Episode 1 - 14 M to 7 F. (Approved characters only.)

Hmm thought Li died. Its a dishonor in his family to be MIA. :p
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."-J. Robert Oppenheimer

"Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war."-Donald Trump

"Leadership cannot really be taught. It can only be learned."-Harold S. Geneen

"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards "-Albert Einstein

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:20 pm

Well guys, this will probably be my last post here for a while.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:22 pm

Cylarn wrote:Well guys, this will probably be my last post here for a while.

We'll miss you! Send us post cards! Bon voyage! :hug:
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:35 pm

*waves*

You know where to find me, man. 8)
mumblemumblemumble

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:59 pm

Awwww. Not cool, man. :(
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:58 pm

NAME: Chloe Cotillard
NATIONALITY: Quebecois (French-Canadian)
RACE: Caucasian
SKILLS: Primarily, she speaks French. English is her second language.
WEAPONRY: Sypderco Tenacious folding knife /w/ make-shift Emerson opener.
VEHICLE: None
BIOGRAPHY: Chloe grew up in Quebec City, Quebec, Canada. She attended only high-class private boarding schools for her education, as her parents were frequently out of the country on business trips. During summer holidays she was looked after by a nanny. However, around the age of ten she became friends with the (then) twenty year-old son of her neighbour, Richard. He became a sort of surrogate father/brother figure for her, teaching her such things like riding a bike, and voluntarily engaging in her wild summer-time fantasy games. When Chloe was twelve she was mugged and nearly assaulted by a group of teenagers outside her home. Richard drove them off before anything serious happened, thankfully. After that incident, he bought Chloe her knife, and started teaching her how to use it safely. The next summer, he started teaching her how to use it to defend herself.
When the walker outbreak hit Quebec City, Chloe's parents were out of town, and Richard was on a vacation of his own. Chloe was forced to flee on her own, and has been running and hiding, by herself, since.
APPEARANCE:
(Image)
Height: 5'0"
Weight: 93lbs

Application for the character I'll be playing, until I'm ready to re-introduce John to the group.
Last edited by Camicon on Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:07 pm

+1.
mumblemumblemumble

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:17 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:+1.

?
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun

Konariona
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Konariona » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:20 pm

Hey, Tilt, does my app look better? I know you're not OP, but I'd like someone to look over the edited version.
Greetings, traveler.

Ruled by a hereditary monarch, Emperor-General Helix Dominastad.

You want our arms? Molon labe, Xerxes.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:41 pm

Fuck all that singing and shit.

Achievement

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:43 pm

Monfrox wrote:Fuck all that singing and shit.

Huh?
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun

Landseria
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Landseria » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:44 pm

NAME: Nikolas Papadopoulos
NATIONALITY: Second generation Greek immigrant
RACE: Caucasoid
SKILLS: Observation, Whittling (To a degree)
WEAPONRY: Mosin Nagant rifle (M1944 carbine variant), three clips with 5 rounds each.
VEHICLE: N/A
BIOGRAPHY: Nikolas is a Greek, and a member or...former member of the American Chapter of Golden-Dawn, a affluent Greek fascist movement. Nikolas was born and raised in New Orleans where his Greek Born father and American born Greek mother met and married. Nikolas led a rather normal life apart from showing slightly 'racist' tendancies toward colored folk until Nikolas attended a Golden-Dawn meeting with his cousin a few years back, the meeting opened Nickolas eyes to the plight of his greek brethren and soon became a skin and avid Golden-Dawn member often attending RAC concerts and GD meetings. When the walkers came Nikolas thought himself rather well prepared, his two flatmates and he owned a sizeable collection of weapons they had stockpiled for the Great collapse, whatever it would be, Race war, WW3, or in this case, the dead walking on Earth. However, soon after the collapse and panic, the apartment was besieged by a group of Antifas who had somehow decided fascists should be killed while the dead roamed the Earth; needless to say the Commies won the siege within a few days, Nikolas and his comrades had only prepared for looting for survival what with the guns and all, not for a siege, luckily Nikolas managed to sneak off during the firefight between fascists and Antifas and wandered the wilderness for some time until he came across the prison, there he laid his claim, he spotted the people from a mile away, too casual and panicked to be much of a threat but they had guns. Nikolas prepared his camp from a small hole and piles of branches and waited for the Frenchman. Soon after finding out the Frenchman had meagre rations shared with the prison the two came to an agreement, they would split the food 4 parts for Nikolas and one part for Jeanne. ((Camping until Ep. 2 Of course))
APPEARANCE: Image ((Pic is just for appearance, I thought the Antifa flag was ANTI-antifa, Note to self: never judge based solely on Lonsdale shirt))
Last edited by Landseria on Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Fascist and Anti-Antifa

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:48 pm

LA LA LA...*breaks glass*
mumblemumblemumble

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:48 pm

Camicon wrote:

Huh?

Nothing. Is your character going to act like she does in the game? Because I think then her and Allison would either get along just fine, or be eternal rivals. :lol:

Achievement

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:48 pm

Camicon wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:+1.

?

I added your second character to the listing.
mumblemumblemumble

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:53 pm

Konariona wrote:Hey, Tilt, does my app look better? I know you're not OP, but I'd like someone to look over the edited version.

I know my thoughts weren't asked for, but here they are anyways:

You said you wanted to emphasize his First Nations heritage, no? I would do some editing to make it more inclined in that direction. As is, it seems more like he was raised as one of many US farmboy's, without any sort of First Nations influence.

Daggers serve little to no practical purpose in the modern day. Even for hunting, a sturdy knife makes better sense, as the one unsharpened edge increases the durability of the knife as a whole. Unless the daggers are ritualistic, perhaps some family heirlooms, it seems a little... odd, that he'd be carrying them around. As a survivalist-type, he wouldn't be inclined to carry a piece of redundant equipment, let alone two.

As a person that was home-schooled his entire life, and lived in relative isolation, why would he have gone to college? There's a major disconnect here. How did he pay for it? Where did he go? What did he study? How did he cope? These are things that you should be explaining in your app.

When the walkers came, why did he wander off into the 'wild blue yonder'? It would be nice to know why, because as a competent survivalist, he wouldn't ever go wandering off without a plan in mind. Randomly wandering any sort of wilds is a really good way to get yourself killed. Survivalists are... well, survive-alists, because they don't do that.

Monfrox wrote:
Camicon wrote:Huh?

Nothing. Is your character going to act like she does in the game? Because I think then her and Allison would either get along just fine, or be eternal rivals. :lol:

I'm going to play down the "bad-ass surviver-girl" aspect from the gameplay footage, and play up the "mischievous teenage girl" aspect.
Ellie was born into a post-apocalyptic world. Chloe's lived in one for, how long? A month? Two, tops? Giving Chloe the same sort of mindset as Ellie would feel contrived, and a little Mary-Sue.

Suffice to say, though: anyone charged with keeping an eye on her is going to have on helluva a time of it. I doubt any of the adults will approve of what kind of trouble she gets herself into, either.
Last edited by Camicon on Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:59 pm

Camicon wrote:
Monfrox wrote:Nothing. Is your character going to act like she does in the game? Because I think then her and Allison would either get along just fine, or be eternal rivals. :lol:

I'm going to play down the "bad-ass surviver-girl" aspect from the gameplay footage, and play up the "mischievous teenage girl" aspect.
Ellie was born into a post-apocalyptic world. Chloe's lived in one for, how long? A month? Two, tops? Giving Chloe the same sort of mindset as Ellie would feel contrived, and a little Mary-Sue.

Suffice to say, though: anyone charged with keeping an eye on her is going to have on helluva a time of it. I doubt any of the adults will approve of what kind of trouble she gets herself into, either.

Is that....a challenge?

Achievement

Landseria
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Landseria » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:01 pm

Is the skinhead-bandit too cliche guys?
Proud Fascist and Anti-Antifa

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:05 pm

Monfrox wrote:
Camicon wrote:I'm going to play down the "bad-ass surviver-girl" aspect from the gameplay footage, and play up the "mischievous teenage girl" aspect.

Is that....a challenge?

Depends on what you want to make of it...

(Yes, ^ that is a challenge) :p
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:11 pm

Camicon wrote:
Monfrox wrote:Is that....a challenge?

Depends on what you want to make of it...

(Yes, ^ that is a challenge) :p

Achievement

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse