NATION

PASSWORD

Super Hero High (old OOC, search for new one)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:55 am

Terintania wrote:
Northern Dominus wrote: Yup, that's right oh Ularny one.

You must be behind the times, they've been calling it that for quite awhile.

Alright, baring any objections from anybody who was offered first, after the timeskip Burton Malik will be teaching a self-defense class. Any student that isn't formally trained in some martial art that isn't a dance is welcome to participate, just would appreciate a headcount before the first post I make.

Jay will be in, and probably fail miserably.

Charlotte will be there, probably not bored for once:P
Alright, so that's three possibly four.. garnish in a couple of NPCs and this could be good.

Altruistic Paladins wrote:
Northern Dominus wrote:Sure they can participate, Capoeria isn't a committed modern self-defense system like Krav Maga or Kajukenbo, so the student in question would be able to learn something new.

To be fair, large amounts of martial arts would count as "combat sports" instead of "self defense"; Capoiera just happens to be helpful outside of the roda when you get drafted into a dance-to-the-death in a Brasilian night club.
True, hence why if a student was trained in something like Muay Thai or Savate they'd do well to participate in Burton's self defense classes.

And that's not to say prior training and experience wouldn't help in some fashion...but that's for later when MA executes the timeskip :p
Battletech RP: Giant walking war machines, space to surface fighters, and other implements blowing things up= lots of fun! Sign up here
We even have a soundtrack!

RIP Caroll Shelby 1923-2012
Aurora, Oak Creek, Happy Valley, Sandy Hook. Just how high a price are we willing to pay?

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:57 am

Northern Dominus wrote:
Terintania wrote:
Jay will be in, and probably fail miserably.

Charlotte will be there, probably not bored for once:P
Alright, so that's three possibly four.. garnish in a couple of NPCs and this could be good.

Altruistic Paladins wrote:
To be fair, large amounts of martial arts would count as "combat sports" instead of "self defense"; Capoiera just happens to be helpful outside of the roda when you get drafted into a dance-to-the-death in a Brasilian night club.
True, hence why if a student was trained in something like Muay Thai or Savate they'd do well to participate in Burton's self defense classes.

And that's not to say prior training and experience wouldn't help in some fashion...but that's for later when MA executes the timeskip :p

Since I just realized that you had asked for a head-count, my characters would be available.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:59 am

I'm fairly certain Corrian's characters will be there (He's my brother, I know him well)

Obviously he can confirm this, but just so that you know that they'll probably be in, too
Times are looking grim these days~

Procastitania
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Procastitania » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:19 am

Declan will be available for any classes.
You're all insane.

Nfhd
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nfhd » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:43 am

Will can be at any class.

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:43 am

Hetland 2 wrote:MA, if it could be possible do you think Chram could stay in the detention cells?

Sure, we'll just say she did something to deserve it.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:57 am

Yesopalitha wrote:My apologies, everyone, but with the school term approaching, I find myself not having the time to do both NSSport and In-Character RPs, and for the time being, NSSport has my heart. I thank you for accepting me into the group, and I wish you all happy RPing as you continue this story (which is a great story by the way). I foresee myself returning to join another IC RP sometime in the future, but when that will be, I do not know.

You may do with my character as you please. Kill them, make them your pawn, sacrifice them..

Thanks, and goodbye, for now.

Aww, that sucks, but completely understandable. I've had the same thoughts before on various things, to get my life moving again, but I'm still here though....and everywhere I thought of toning down to work on getting my life together......

Terintania wrote:I'm fairly certain Corrian's characters will be there (He's my brother, I know him well)

Obviously he can confirm this, but just so that you know that they'll probably be in, too

Caitlin will obviously go, so she can be more like Batman.

Cassie will go on the insistence of Tara teaching her self-defense.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:19 am

So what's going on?
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.

Nationstatelandsville wrote:"Why'd the chicken cross the street?"

"Because your dad's a whore."

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Best Gif on the internet.

Kershya
Minister

Founded: Jan 08, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kershya » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:22 am

AETEN II wrote:So what's going on?

Planning the next class and waiting for the eleven day timeskip.
Full Name:
The United Nine Constitutional Monarchies of Kershya

Economy

Economic Left/Right: -6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.72

Ularn
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:48 am

Scott resigned.
ULARN INTERSTELLAR FEDERATION
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Broken World: Beastmasters | Of Zombies and Men
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:51 am

Ularn wrote:

Scott resigned.

Translation: Scott is thinking with the wrong head and is making decisions based on that train of thought. :D
Battletech RP: Giant walking war machines, space to surface fighters, and other implements blowing things up= lots of fun! Sign up here
We even have a soundtrack!

RIP Caroll Shelby 1923-2012
Aurora, Oak Creek, Happy Valley, Sandy Hook. Just how high a price are we willing to pay?

Hetland 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hetland 2 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:02 am

Erk's pregnant and the Eunuch's the father.
Don't worry. I'm just a bridge troll that feeds on forum drama.
Harbinger of the RP endtimes.
we will send a air stare on libya if they don't stop their attack
The krang countered the wave with something. And continued to try and take over the decepticon seeker.
Everybody! Can you stop saying that the cargo ship sinking we have done lately was a war crime. We were trying to economically destroy the UK.
Mair glows brightly and transforms in a human, wearing a white cloak, "leave us"
"FIRE IN THE HOE" he bellowed before triggering the explosive.
Julius Ceasar was a normal 14 year old who played Elder Tale in Russia.
We have already established, more powerful beings are not a proper weakness.

I miss Kare-bear :C

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:19 am

Ularn wrote:

Scott resigned.

Scott is getting bitchy, news at 11.
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Hetland 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Hetland 2 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:20 am

AETEN II wrote:
Ularn wrote:Scott resigned.

Scott is getting bitchy, news at 11.

Must be his time of the month. :lol:
The krang countered the wave with something. And continued to try and take over the decepticon seeker.
Everybody! Can you stop saying that the cargo ship sinking we have done lately was a war crime. We were trying to economically destroy the UK.
Mair glows brightly and transforms in a human, wearing a white cloak, "leave us"

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:55 am

Corrian wrote:
Terintania wrote:I'm fairly certain Corrian's characters will be there (He's my brother, I know him well)

Caitlin will obviously go, so she can be more like Batman.

Cassie will go on the insistence of Tara teaching her self-defense.

You read my mind. :lol:

Tara will be there, obviously.
Last edited by Camicon on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:17 pm

Time has now been skipped.

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:56 pm

Wootz.

So, what's the first class?
And it should be assumed that 'Mr. Snarlyfangs' (e.e) has gotten into a couple 'incidents' with those he finds distasteful. Namely Tara and possibly Vincent.
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Spirit of Hope
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:07 pm

My application for a teacher...

Name: Ocean Brendan Hopkins
Nationality: American 
Height: 5'6" 
Weight: 145 pounds
Hair: Red, graying at the temples
Eyes: light green
Costume (if any): No costume, whenever "flying" (including simulators) he wears an old flight suit, much stained, torn, and repaired.
Abilities: He can "sense" slightly into the future, and instinctively knows what is the best way to react
Subject: Flight Instructer (who doesn't want to learn how to fly a plane/helicopter?),  could become involved with missions on earth or he could take on the position teaching Power Ethics
Brief Bio:  Born in Los Angeles, Ocean always wanted to fly after graduating from high school he applied and was accepted to the United States Air Force Academy where after four years of study he graduated and moved on to fighter school.  Here his powers first showed their true potential, Ocean quickly became one of the top fighter pilots.  Since then he has served in almost every war or conflict the united states has participated in.  He has been shot down/ejected once, during the vampire war.  At the request of the US Army early in his career Ocean was cross trained to also serve as a helicopter pilot delivering special ops units into dangerous territories.  While transporting a Special Forces team his helicopter was shot down, forcing him to operate with the special forces until he was recovered.  With the growth in anti powers sentiment Ocean was asked to leave the air force, at first he refused but under threat of dishonorable discharge Ocean agreed to leave peacefully.  Since his discharge Ocean has been trying to find something worth his talent he hopes teaching future heroes might be his future. 

While Ocean is in his early forties he moves mor like a fifty or sixty year old, often with the support of a cane, due to joint damage from both his ejection and years of high G maneuvers.  When not wearing his flight suit Ocean dresses in a conservative manor, usually a suit and tie.

Last Ocean has a drinking problem.  He can easily distinguish when it is not appropriate to drink, and he won't drink alcohol at these times.  However when he does start drinking, Ocean will keep going till he passes out or is physically restrained.

Please excuse any mistakes I have made, I'm working from my phone, as I have no access to a computer until Friday.
Fact Book.
Helpful hints on combat vehicle terminology.

Imperializt Russia wrote:Support biblical marriage! One SoH and as many wives and sex slaves as he can afford!

Ularn
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:30 pm

Spirit of Hope wrote:Last Ocean has a drinking problem.  He can easily distinguish when it is not appropriate to drink, and he won't drink alcohol at these times.  However when he does start drinking, Ocean will keep going till he passes out or is physically restrained.

That's not an alcoholic; that's a student!
ULARN INTERSTELLAR FEDERATION
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Broken World: Beastmasters | Of Zombies and Men
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

Spirit of Hope
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:35 pm

Ularn wrote:
Spirit of Hope wrote:Last Ocean has a drinking problem.  He can easily distinguish when it is not appropriate to drink, and he won't drink alcohol at these times.  However when he does start drinking, Ocean will keep going till he passes out or is physically restrained.

That's not an alcoholic; that's a student!

He's a forty year old ex fighter pilot, you would think he's over it.
Fact Book.

Imperializt Russia wrote:Support biblical marriage! One SoH and as many wives and sex slaves as he can afford!

Hetland 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Hetland 2 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:37 pm

Spirit of Hope wrote:
Ularn wrote:That's not an alcoholic; that's a student!

He's a forty year old ex fighter pilot, you would think he's over it.

Who does he think he is?! Maria?

Nakarisaune
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 17, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nakarisaune » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:39 pm

For a moment there I thought his name was Last Ocean. Which is a pretty awesome superhero name.
I'll admit to being slightly disappointed he wasn't an aquakinetic environmental activist.
"Nakari won best WW player, awarded to the person who is best at lying." - Fratt

"I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a point with a hundred endorsements. It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what."

Spirit of Hope
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:46 pm

Nakarisaune wrote:For a moment there I thought his name was Last Ocean. Which is a pretty awesome superhero name.
I'll admit to being slightly disappointed he wasn't an aquakinetic environmental activist.

That would be cool, I just use a random name generator, keeps me from using the same names to much.
Fact Book.

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:02 pm

Spirit of Hope wrote:My application for a teacher...

Costume (if any): No costume, whenever "flying" (including simulators) he wears an old flight suit, much stained, torn, and repaired.
Abilities: He can "sense" slightly into the future, and instinctively knows what is the best way to react
Subject: Flight Instructer (who doesn't want to learn how to fly a plane/helicopter?),  could become involved with missions on earth or he could take on the position teaching Power Ethics
Brief Bio:  Born in Los Angeles, Ocean always wanted to fly after graduating from high school he applied and was accepted to the United States Air Force Academy where after four years of study he graduated and moved on to fighter school.  Here his powers first showed their true potential, Ocean quickly became one of the top fighter pilots.  Since then he has served in almost every war or conflict the united states has participated in.  He has been shot down/ejected once, during the vampire war.  At the request of the US Army early in his career Ocean was cross trained to also serve as a helicopter pilot delivering special ops units into dangerous territories.  While transporting a Special Forces team his helicopter was shot down, forcing him to operate with the special forces until he was recovered.  With the growth in anti powers sentiment Ocean was asked to leave the air force, at first he refused but under threat of dishonorable discharge Ocean agreed to leave peacefully.  Since his discharge Ocean has been trying to find something worth his talent he hopes teaching future heroes might be his future. 

While Ocean is in his early forties he moves mor like a fifty or sixty year old, often with the support of a cane, due to joint damage from both his ejection and years of high G maneuvers.  When not wearing his flight suit Ocean dresses in a conservative manor, usually a suit and tie.

Last Ocean has a drinking problem.  He can easily distinguish when it is not appropriate to drink, and he won't drink alcohol at these times.  However when he does start drinking, Ocean will keep going till he passes out or is physically restrained.

Please excuse any mistakes I have made, I'm working from my phone, as I have no access to a computer until Friday.

Accepted. If he is still able to fly stuff properly despite his physical issues then he could be the new shuttle pilot for missions, but I have plans for the position as Power Ethics teacher. He can still give flight instruction classes though.

Hetland 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Hetland 2 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:02 pm

Mighty Asgard wrote:
Spirit of Hope wrote:My application for a teacher...

Accepted. If he is still able to fly stuff properly despite his physical issues then he could be the new shuttle pilot for missions, but I have plans for the position as Power Ethics teacher. He can still give flight instruction classes though.

Oh fuck! The OP has a plan! Everyone run for your lives!!!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse