NATION

PASSWORD

The Walking Dead: Survivor Stories / Episode 1 [IC][Closed]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dimoniquid
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 10, 2009
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Dimoniquid » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:12 am

Alex had been reading more of the diary.

Another day. The group has gathered a few more supplies, but not enough to keep going for the rest of the trip. Three more walkers encountered outside - they almost got us. Pete's tried to fix our RV, but there's really no point. The whole road's blocked, it'll take days to move all of the cars and vans out of the way. This pharmacy's been packing some well needed security, though. Bordered up windows, a house upstairs, and a rooftop we can look over. We also found some medicine, and finished our first aid kit. Now, we're pretty much prepared for anything with our new make-shift out near the pharmacy.

Alex had recalled the Fed-Ex truck outside. "Near the pharmacy... that's what they were packing. They'd made the ambulance." He said to himself, flipping over to a picture of a young lady. Looking at the caption, he saw the small writing. Emily, my darling wife. "This guy had a family..." Looking at the next page, he read another entry.

Walkers overran us, again. We moved out of the pharmacy, and fled to the gas-station. We've pretty much blocked the road, but I fear that some bandits will just simply push the vans apart and take us. We know what they're like - they take everything, even the girls. I'm not going to let that happen - not with my trusty rifle here.

"Whoever this is - I'll make sure your story's carried on." Alex said, closing the book and putting it back in his pack. Looking around, he saw the women, children, and some other people of the group. This is what he was going to work with. "Does anyone want some sweets? Kids?" He asked, taking out a pick and mix bag from his pack, and opening it up. "I've got gummy worms, fried eggs, some fudge blocks, chocolate eggs, and Smarties." He said, picking out a blue gummy worm and sticking it in his mouth.
Last edited by Dimoniquid on Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dilange
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Dilange » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:28 am

Yoni sat in the back of the ambulance, working on the hunting rifle he found at the gas station. It was worn from shooting and mechanics needed to be fixed. He took out some of the mechanisms and gave it a quick fix. He took a long look at it.

"It's a M1 Garand. Its a service rifle, which they do not make anymore. I got to deal with the parts I have." He thought to himself.

He cleaned each part and made sure it was still in working condition. He then put the parts back into the gun and made sure it was in working condition. He loaded a clip into it and looked at it.

"There. It still works." he said cheerfully.

Khelshar
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Khelshar » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:19 pm

Thomas sat and waited to start moving, when Alexandrei, the russian guy, entered the truck.
"What are you doing?" he grunted. "Nah, just kidding, of course you can join me. Two is better then one" he said cheerfully, while fist bumping him on the shoulder. "So, you atracted the first horde of walkers, right? How did you manage to outrun them for so long?" he asked the russian.
Nation under re-construction

Sentinel XV
Senator

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:42 pm

The makeshift convoy of military vehicles, civilian craft, and tour bus pulled up to the tall hills surrounding FCI Milan. The morning sun was just beginning to dawn on the town, some 5 miles away, but FCI Milan was a town of its own. Its tall, imposing walls, topped with barbed-wire, were made to keep things in.. but could they also be used to keep things out? The parking lot outside of the facility was completely void of life, its only residents being a few broken-down or burnt-out cars, the remnants of a past life. The group had parked around 1,500 meters from the parking lot itself, on a small flat that bordered the hills around the facility. Most of the combat-types now crouched on the crest of these hills, looking down on the facility.

Johann had a pair of binoculars in his hands, peering down over the walls.

"I see Walkers in the courtyard," he said, grimacing, "not a lot, but there are definitely Walkers there."
‹ all genius is a conquering of chaos and mystery

Khelshar
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Khelshar » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:46 pm

When the convoy started moving, Thomas started driving. He was far behind, being among the last cars to leave the station. They now came close to the prison, and parked the car a bit away from the parking lot of the prison. Thomas got out of the car and looked at the prison, and heard that Johann said he saw walkers.
"If there are walkers there, i guess that means there is no humans there?" he aksed Johann. There was no way there could be humans there.

Dimoniquid
Powerbroker

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Dimoniquid » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:47 pm

Alex had given the children some of his pick and mix. Wrapping the bag back up, he stashed it in his pack. "Enjoy the luxuries, kids." He said. After checking everything was secure in and on his pack, he held his hatchet. The convoy had stopped - Alex lifted himself up, bringing his hatchet, and exited the tour bus. "Everyone, stay inside." He said, jumping out. Moving up to Johann, tapped the hatchet blade on the hard ground. "You need another guy for the scout party? I'm fast, big, strong. I'm real good at finding stuff too - and if the generator's still on, you'll have to have someone to disable the alarms so walkers don't gang up on us." He offered.

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:48 pm

With his M16 in his hands, Scott scanned the courtyard, seeing Walkers. They would have to take care of the Walkers on the outside before anything else.

"We'll have to take care of them first," Scott said. "How is the front gate lookin' ?"

He chuckled at Alex's question. This guy was way too eager.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Sentinel XV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:48 pm

"Don't know," Johann said gruffly, "could be a trick, or they could be inside and simply use different routes to get in and out."

Turning to the group, he sighed slightly.

"Alright, we're going to have to get a scout group together," he said, "the only way we're going to know for sure what is in there, is if we go in ourselves. The scout group will go down, get a lay of the complex, and then come back up for a full squad to explore the complex."

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:51 pm

Scott stood up, resting his M16 on his shoulder. He was ready to join the scout party, and willing to do what had to be done in order to portect the group.

"You know where I'll be, Johann," Scott said.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Khelshar
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Khelshar » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:53 pm

"I guess i can join to?" He asked. He wanted to do something, and he was tired of just sitting around and doing nothing. "Just tell me what to do, and i'l to it".

Sentinel XV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:56 pm

Johann nodded solemnly. He knew that he could count on Scott for most anything. And if it came down to it.. he knew that Scott would step to lead the group should something happen to him.

"Alright," he said sternly, "I'm taking along myself, Scott, Carl, and two other people. Alex, you can come too. That leaves room for one more person."

When Thomas spoke up, Johann nodded at him.

"Alright, so it's settled. Let's get going. I want full protection over the non-combats in the cars, understand. I also want overwatch protection. Use your radio if you see something amiss."

Standing, he secured his M416 on his back: he wouldn't need it for this mission, unless it was a last resort. Taking his crowbar off of his belt, he signaled for his scout squad to follow him as he made his way down the hill and towards the front gate of FCI Milan.

Khelshar
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Khelshar » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:59 pm

"Nice, finaly something is happening" Thomas thought to himself. He ran to his truck and found his sledge shotgun and hatchet. He then ran and catched up with the squad. He then stood in front of the entrance of the prison.
"You sure it is open?" He asked Johann while turning to him. "How are we supposed to get in?"

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:59 pm

I got out and looked over the prison. It was a dump, but it was definitely better than being out in the open. Walking over to the ambulance, where I assumed Doctor Stewart was, I knocked on the door. I still felt like it'd be best to work closely with him. If needed, I could at least treat minor injuries so he could focus on his research.

I turned for a minute, and saw the advance party going to clear out the prison.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:01 pm

Just before they left, Scott retrieved a machete and put it on his belt, following Johann with his M16 in hand with the safety on. Since the weapon had a bayonet on the end, he could use it like a spear, having been trained in the use of bayonets by the US Marine Corps. He was ready to follow Johann, wherever he took the group. When Thomas began talking, Scott looked back at him and motioned for him to be quiet.
Last edited by Cylarn on Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

Sentinel XV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:03 pm

Johann looked around. The gate was solid, but the guardhouse door on the side seemed loose. Putting a finger to his lips in order to silence his squadmates, he crept over to the door and put his ear to it. No sounds of movement inside. Using the flat end of his crowbar, he jammed it in between the door and the door knob, popping the lock out with ease. Pushing the now-opened door softly in, he held up a hand and moved slowly into the guardhouse, looking around. It seemed like the place had been ransacked: chairs and tables thrown everywhere, two dead guards slumped over a game of poker, bullets in the back of their skulls. This was obviously not the work of zombies.

Turning to his squad, he looked at them.

"The door to the courtyard is up ahead," he said quietly, "these guards were killed by gunshot wounds, not Walkers. We could be dealing with inmates, here."

Khelshar
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Khelshar » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:07 pm

"Well, they could be killed during an uprising a long time ago?" He whispered to Johann. "But we should try to see if we can see any living lifeforms?"

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:08 pm

Scott looked over at the corpses of the guards, agreeing with Johann. He gave a quick nod and looked out towards the courtyard. In a low tone of voice, he began to talk.

"They're possibly usin' the zombies to guard the courtyard," he said. "We should tread carefully and watch out for snipers."
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

Dimoniquid
Powerbroker

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Dimoniquid » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:16 pm

Alex checked his hatchet, and followed Johann, pleased that he was finally doing something. Lining up at the door, Alex took right, making sure that the corner was clear. Upon hearing Scott and Johann he moved closer to the bodies. "Want me to searh them?"

Sentinel XV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:19 pm

"Possibly," Johann replied with a nod, "but that's what this mission is for. To scout out the complex. Now let's get moving."

Taking careful steps, the group then made their way through the guardhouse. Bloodstains were everywhere: on the walls, on the floors, on the furniture.. it seemed as if someone had been beaten.. or ripped apart.

The door to the courtyard was unlocked, and Johann swung it open slowly. Taking a cautious step outside, he crouched next to the prison wall and signaled the rest of the squad to come through. When they joined him, he pointed to the Walkers.

5. He held up 5 fingers. 5 Walkers in the courtyard. He used his pointer finger to trace the path that they would take. They would make their way around the outside of the courtyard, hugging the wall until they got to the main prison building.

They made their way as quietly as the could around the Walkers, not alerting any of them. When they reached the main building, Johann checked the door. Locked. They were too close to the Walkers to risk making a lot of noise, so they doubled back and went down a long corridor-like path that was formed by two of the prison buildings.

But something was wrong, and Johann knew it.. he had a bad feeling about this place.. the way no sound seemed to permeate the walls and how he had an uncanny feeling of being watched. This wasn't good at all. Making his way forward, he heard a slight rustling, and he tensed, his crowbar at the ready. They made their way out of the corridor.. and were met with a sight that no one wanted to see. Johann sensed them even before the collective sound of 10 firearms cocking reached his ears. They had been on their flank, waiting to ambush them.. and now they had the jump on their group, out in the open with only a narrow corridor behind them.

The group of inmates, armed with pistols and shotguns, sneered at their group. The leader, holding a pistol in one hand and a knife in the other, chuckled with sadistic glee as he looked upon his prey.

"Well, well, well," he said, his nasal voice grating against the air, "what do we have here boys? Intruders, on our land, in our prison?"

His words were met with nods of agreement and snide chuckles from his group of thugs.

"And who are you, wearin' a Marshal jacket. I bet you put people in this prison all the time. Boy, how I'd like to see you burn.. who are you, huh? What's your name, cap'n?"

"Johann Steele," replied Johann with an icy tone, glaring at the thuggish inmate, "Federal Marshal. Nice little ambush you have set up here. What's your plan, huh? You gonna kill us?"

"Oh, that's what I planned to do.. Johann Steele," he said sadistically. His arm flew up in an instant, the barrel of his Glock 19 pointed at Johann before the Marshal -- as quick as he was -- even had time to react. Three bullets tore through his chest, one through his neck. He dropped instantly, dead before he hit the ground. The rest of the scout group would dive into the corridor for cover, the inmates readying their weapons for the firefight. The zombies in the courtyard heard the noise and began to shuffle towards the corridor, hungry for whatever it was they could find. Johann was dead, the group was trapped, and bloodthirsty killers hemmed them in on either side. A bad situation indeed.

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:27 pm

Scott quickly dove for cover behind a nearby wall. Johann was dead, being the group's one, dependable leader. It was up to him to protect the group now. He quickly leaned from cover and fired a 3-round burst at the leader before jumping back behind cover. They were outgunned, and they had to fall back.

"FALL BACK!," Scott yelled, ready to cover Alex and Thomas. "MIND THE WALKERS!"
Last edited by Cylarn on Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

Khelshar
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Khelshar » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:39 pm

"NO!" Thomas screamed when Johann fell dead to the ground. Thomas ran down the corridor to find cover, while the inmates were shooting. He stopped right around the corner, but when they all began moving up the corridor, following us, he ran on. They split up and started checking the corridors.
Thomas found some boxes to hide behind, and maybe use to fight. Then two guys came around the corner, looking for him. Just as they passed him, Thomas draw up his hatched, and hit it as hard as he could in the ones head. The then quickly took a choke-grip on the other guy, but he fougth out of his grip. When he tried to aim his shotgun at Thomas, Thomas punched the shotgun out of his grip, and again, tried to choke him. The inmate headbutted Thomas, and hit him in the face three times. Thomas lost his senses, and raged at him. He punched him as hard as he could(that is hard, Thomas is strong), and threw him into the wall. He picked him up, chocked him again, and kicked him in the stomach and the celiac plexus, so he lost his breath. Thomas used all his might and andrenalin to choke him, and kept kicking and hitting him untill he stopped moving. He released the grip, and his corpse hit the ground. Thomas took his hatched, and plunged it into his head. When he turned around, he got attack by a walker. With alot of adrenalin in his blood, and already strength, he managed to throw it of him, got his sledge and crushed its head. He saw two more, with prison clothes. He killed them both with the sledge. He started jogging, but turned to the corpses, and took the one inmate's pistol. He then procceded to the running, to get out of here.

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:49 pm

Scott knew he had severely wounded the leader with the intermediate power of the 5.56mm round. Once he saw Thomas and Alex bolt past him, he followed behind slowly, firing at any pursuing inmates. If one did pursue, he would dispatch the man with a 3-round burst before following behind. As Thomas dealt with the Walkers, Scott kept his eyes on the entrance as they finally got back outside the gate. He and the remnants of the party sprinted back up to the convoy. Scott looked at everyone with a furious look on his face.

"We got ambushed," he said. "Fuckin' inmates ambushed us."

He looked around at everyone, seeing that the group was devastated by the loss of Johann. With the loss of their leader, it was now up to Scott to lead this group. They had to take this prison, as the alternative was to be forced into Walker country. His main priority was to arm the group and plan their next move.

"Mark my words," he said, speaking with authority in his words. "We will take this prison. If anyone wants to back out, so be it. We have the weapons and the gear to fight back. All I need is your cooperation."
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

Sentinel XV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:00 pm

The inmates were about to give chase, but their own leader was injured. They propped him up against the wall of the prison and applied rags and pressure to try and stop the bleeding, but to no avail. The man was dying, bleeding out, and it was only a matter of time. But they would soon have more pressing issues on their hands. Above them, crouched and hidden behind the balustrade of the prison auxiliary building, was a man. Some called him a wanderer, some a mercenary, some a murderer.. but his path of travel had brung him to this prison, and as a man with devout belief and staunch morals, this was not something he could stand for. In many ways, he was like a dark knight, a silent protector.. he was the hero that this group of survivors needed, and he was also the one they deserved. Standing, he moved as silently as a ghost as he mounted the raised balustrade and took a step into open air. Plummeting, he bent his legs and tucked into a roll as he hit the ground, standing slowly in the midst of the inmates and their dying leader. Weapons slowly raised and cocked as the thugs -- without leadership -- tried to decide whether or not to open fire on the man. That was their final & fatal mistake. A bofeli blade was quickly slid from a sheath, and a dance of death began. The man swatted a gun away with the flat of his blade, flipping the tip around an impaling the assailant through his forehead. Another fell to a wide swing and yet another to a precision stab. The man was like a whirlwind of strikes and dodges, never in one place for too long. By the time Scott and his group had crested the hill, every single inmate lay dead on the ground there, slain without mercy. Slipping the bofeli back into its sheath, he produced an HK45 from a holster and held it loosely in his hand, walking up to the leader in a casual manner.

The inmate spat blood at the man, recognizing him from the stories.

"You're just a man," he sneered, "the things they say about you.. they aren't true. You're going up against someone far too powerful for you or that fuckin' group. Give up now, before Machiavelli finds you."

"I have no time for idle threats. Send Machiavelli my regards."

A single shot rang out through the prison complex, and the inmate leader's head rolled forward, a bullet hole through his forehead. Sighing, the man returned his pistol to its holster and walked over to the fallen Marshal. Crouching, he rolled the body over and closed the man's eyelids, bringing the pointer and middle finger of his right hand to his lips and then touching the man's forehead. Picking him up, the mysterious stranger would haul Johann's body in a fireman's carry, walking stoically across the courtyard and out of the prison itself. He had seen where Scott and the rest of the group he went, and he wanted to return the body of their compatriot to them. Walking steadily up the hill, he had no qualms about being sighted by the group.

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:05 pm

Scott soon looked back at the prison and saw the mysterious stranger carrying the corpse of Johann. Instead of instinctively aiming his gun at the stranger, he examined the corpse, seeing that there were no explosives on Johann's remains. As the man approached, Scott slowly and cautiously approached the man, watching him carefully and silently.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

Khelshar
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Khelshar » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:07 pm

Thomas saw Scott and Alex running, and he followed them. When he got to the "camp" again, he broke down in tears. He just stood on his knees, crying and looking at his hand. He was shocked for what he had done. He had killed two people. Two humans. Walkers were one thing, but this was humans, real life humans. He could not hold the tears back, in the extreme shock of his actions. He crawled to the closest car, the Explorer, and leaned his back towards it. He sat down, and almost started screaming. But he held it back. Instead he just sat down, breathing heavily, and sometimes burst out in tears again. "Help me!" he cried. "What have i done? Did i just..." he looked at his hands. There were covered in blood. From both the inmates and the walkers. "...murder someone?"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse