NATION

PASSWORD

The Milky Way series RP group (PMT-PFT all species, open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mini Miehm
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 15, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Mini Miehm » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:52 pm

The Drone Empire wrote:I want to say it SO BAD.

But then again, it would be hypocritical.. an immature.

Say whatever you want. On that note, I'm going to crash, as it is 3am.
Mallorea and Riva should resign

Don't reward the trolls.

Gar Akaru
Envoy

Founded: May 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Gar Akaru » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:16 am

Alright, I'm going to join the ME side.

IF there is a large scale war between the Covenant and the Reapers, barring the Halo rings, the Reapers have the advantage. The Covenant got all their technology from the Forerunners, like the ME races from the Protheans. They would hit High Charity and land troops, assimilating the races into their own forces. They would rob the databanks, and scatter the Covenant into the corners of the galaxy.

However, if the entire universe collided, and in a large scale battle, they would also win, because of the sheer numbers they can put into play. If the Dreadnaughts lose, the amount of Frigates and Cruisers, with disruptor torpedoes, which have no analog or defense in Halo, would cause large sections of the ship to cave into themselves and cause a black hole. The Archer missiles might be the only thing that would actually affect the attacking frigates. In all, the smaller ships would be able to fly circles around the UNSC ships.

In the case of ground combat, almost all of the ME troops have some sort of dedicated defense barrier, and have significantly faster weapons then the UNSC. The are designed to punch through the protective barriers, and will have no trouble going through the (relatively) lightly armored marines. The only setback is the vehicles at the disposal of the UNSC, but the ability for the ME frigates to provide close air support and the higher maneuverability of the ME vehicles, coupled with the higher resistance to UNSC anti-vehicular small arms.

Alright, I'm going to bed.
This message has been confirmed to have been sent by the Gar Akaru Ministry of Communications.

"I went home with a waitress, the way I always do, so how was I supposed to know that she was with the Dolmani too?"

Inaris
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Inaris » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:29 am

Or Starcraft Terrans win.
At this rate you will be dead before i i even have to hurt you.

Casl
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 29, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Casl » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:36 am

^That was me.

Jk terrans would die, very quickly.

The Drone Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 24, 2011
Corporate Police State

Postby The Drone Empire » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:36 am

Indeed.
"Protocol before Mercy; Directive before All."
The Drone Empire
Do not bow, do not praise, do not beg; you are pathetic enough already.
>>FFT<<
The Xenocidal Machine Empire of the stars, at this point we're borderlining FanT...
You can call me Drone... or TDE.... or Dani. I don't know. ._.

NOTE: No, water, nor {conventional} EMP's, nor the off button, nor some computer virus, can harm us.
Personification Life
An amazing RP, especially for the inexperienced yet ambitious RPer.

The First National Bank of Roleplay Knowledge
Have questions about roleplaying? Ask them here. Please.

Border Of Reality
Explosions! Fire! Superpowers! Fun!
///Activate Troj.Ware <{F a c t b o o k}

Sythyn
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sythyn » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:51 am

Nation Name: Protocol Code Sector 45#291

Population: Two million Sentient Synthetic AIs approx

Government type: There is no government, Protocol Code Sector 45#291 can move as one if it's necessary.

Economy base: Resource extraction rate, energy production rate and production rate. All other kind of economy base do not apply for any Protocol Codes of Sythyn as they're robotic and they do not need an economy other than for repairing and building more of themselves.

Species percentage in nation: 100% Sythyn Synthetic Sentience Patterns

Tech base: Custom tech base, using Supreme Commander and Total Annihilation game as a reference but in space now. So FT era.

Weapon types: Missiles, phased lasers/plasmas/sub particle weapons such as tachyon accelerators and some random singularity torps..or random solid objects(or rounds) dropped at the enemy at FTL speeds.

Area controlled: 5 static systems, the Sythyn do not really need a large turf due to their flexibility to build on the move.

Amount of habituated planets: One if you count a static planet where Protocol Code Sector 45#291 places its Trasis Gate and other major production facilities. Otherwise, none.

Amount of claimed planets: Three if you consider the planets Protocol Code Sector 45#291 are mining as being claimed.

Space Fleet size size;
Capitol ships: Some fifty of em!
Frigates: Around three hundred
Bombers/starfighters: Only limited on how fast the Sythyn frigates and capital ships capable to churn them out.
Drones: See above

Superweapons: Don't really have one atm except Sythyn warships can go FTL and drop something in front of enemy ships I guess? Sythyn warships are perfectly capable to fight in FTL speeds as they accelerate in realspace using inertialesss drives. Certain Sythyn warships however accelerate to FTL in subspace.

Past RP's:

RPs i entered!

Resource Crisis
In the Wake of Decimation
Greetings from The Tri-Species Pact

Sadly they died to inactivity, not sure on the third one. :(
Last edited by Sythyn on Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:17 am, edited 5 times in total.
“What and who am I? What is my purpose, what is the meaning of my existence? Why am I alive?”
“The future battlefield shall be dominated by one weapon. And that is you, and your sole purpose, Commander.”
FT Resources
[FT Argument Thread][The State of Galaxy - MWG][FT Advice Thread]

The Drone Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 24, 2011
Corporate Police State

Postby The Drone Empire » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:55 am

Yay!
"Protocol before Mercy; Directive before All."
The Drone Empire
Do not bow, do not praise, do not beg; you are pathetic enough already.
>>FFT<<
The Xenocidal Machine Empire of the stars, at this point we're borderlining FanT...
You can call me Drone... or TDE.... or Dani. I don't know. ._.

NOTE: No, water, nor {conventional} EMP's, nor the off button, nor some computer virus, can harm us.
Personification Life
An amazing RP, especially for the inexperienced yet ambitious RPer.

The First National Bank of Roleplay Knowledge
Have questions about roleplaying? Ask them here. Please.

Border Of Reality
Explosions! Fire! Superpowers! Fun!
///Activate Troj.Ware <{F a c t b o o k}

Red Talons
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 12, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby Red Talons » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:02 am

Our military ships and civilian ships operate on completely different and alien system of coding and file storage... So unless you get the chance to get a close look at the system's code. And stealing a civilian ship will only help you hack civilian ships. *shrugs* That, and our military ships core systems have zero hard-line connections. So hacking in through the coms gets you control of the coms, not nav or tactical.

>.> Then again, we've been dealing with AI and hacking tactics for oh, around ten millennia.
This is my factbook(perpetually under construction)
Because I advocate more space-magic, Laws For Magic.
A 4.2 civilization, according to this index.
---
Defense Status
{Green}--{Orange}--|{Blue}|--{Red}--{Black}
---
Universal peace is an archaic concept.
It is like taking a handful of sand,
and expecting none of it to slip through your fingers...

=Isahil Traekith=
---
Fear is a basic emotion...
What frightens you more, the evil that you know?...
...Or the evil that you don't...
When you light a candle,
you also cast a shadow...
=[Data Redacted]=

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:13 am

Inaris wrote:Or Starcraft Terrans win.

Sonofabitch.
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador
Founded: Jul 01, 2011
[violet] wrote:Urggg... trawling through ads looking for roman orgies...

Idaho Conservatives wrote:FST creates a half-assed thread, goes on his same old feminist rant, and it turns into a thirty page dogpile in under twenty four hours. Just another day on NSG.

Immoren wrote:Saphirasia and his ICBCPs (inter continental ballistic cattle prod)
Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Rest in Peace Riley. Biopan Embassy Non Military Realism Thread
Seeya 1K Cat's Miss ya man. Well, That Esclated Quickly

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:22 am

No i HAVE it and i'm telling you it does the same damage.

I'm sure Lasers combined with the Dozens if not hundreds of em would easily short the shields out. And if not Disruptor Torpedoes would rip jagged holes in the Shields. And before you say it can't do that look at the AMR...I mean Sniper Rifle. It both Strips if not outright ignores Shields.

You must be using a Future version cause the 1 computer i have ever saw running it was the biggest POS on earth.

No But Muptial 32 KT Blasts will push it into the Atmosphere. Huh Chemical thrusters that cancel out the 6 Gigaton recoil? Nice Try Bungie XD

State Facts better. If you would of said the Powerball. Then i would of agreed with you.

Mass effect. It gives the 12kg shot the mass of a feather. Which it rapidly loses as it exits the Ship (And the ships are Always moving) So no need for recoil canclation as their own forward momentum is never overcome.
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador

Idaho Conservatives wrote:FST creates a half-assed thread, goes on his same old feminist rant, and it turns into a thirty page dogpile in under twenty four hours. Just another day on NSG.

Immoren wrote:Saphirasia and his ICBCPs (inter continental ballistic cattle prod)
Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Dolmhold
Minister

Founded: Jun 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dolmhold » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:30 am

Hello.

As I don't know a thing about either franchises, I'll keep quiet on the debate...

Daskoxian
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Daskoxian » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:37 am

Dolmhold wrote:Hello.

As I don't know a thing about either franchises, I'll keep quiet on the debate...

I just stick with random Forerunner and Ancient Aliens crap.

Dolmhold
Minister

Founded: Jun 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dolmhold » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:38 am

*Made my tech up, most of it. Ok, ok, so it is based off those futuristic projections and whatnot.*

Hladgos
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Hladgos » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:09 am

Sythyn wrote:snip

Accepted, due to the fact that you use exclamation points.
Divair wrote:Hladcore.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:You're a nut. I like that.
Pro: being outside, conserving our Earth, the pursuit of happiness, universal acceptance
Anti: ignorance and intolerance
Life is suffering. Suffering is caused by craving and aversion. Suffering can be overcome and happiness can be attained. Live a moral life.

"Life would be tragic if it weren't funny." -Stephen Hawking

"The purpose of our life is to be happy." -Dali Lama

"If I had no sense of humor, I would have long ago committed suicide." -Gandhi

"Don't worry, be happy!" -Bobby McFerrin

Silly Pride

"No." -Dya

Sythyn
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

The Milky Way series RP group (PMT-PFT all species, open)

Postby Sythyn » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:30 am

Hladgos wrote:
Sythyn wrote:snip

Accepted, due to the fact that you use exclamation points.

Thanks! Is there any open RPs that I can enter? Mind that my force here is a bit small..so obviously I'd want to avoid war threads for a while as I set Code Protocol 45#291 (A splinter Sythyn faction) to build itself up though they will have no problem to fend from small to medium scale attacks, all robotic ships. :)

Factbook in sig, will help to understand general outlook of a Sythyn race. 8)
Last edited by Sythyn on Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
“What and who am I? What is my purpose, what is the meaning of my existence? Why am I alive?”
“The future battlefield shall be dominated by one weapon. And that is you, and your sole purpose, Commander.”
FT Resources
[FT Argument Thread][The State of Galaxy - MWG][FT Advice Thread]

Mini Miehm
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mini Miehm » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:34 am

Yes Im Biop wrote:No i HAVE it and i'm telling you it does the same damage.

I'm sure Lasers combined with the Dozens if not hundreds of em would easily short the shields out. And if not Disruptor Torpedoes would rip jagged holes in the Shields. And before you say it can't do that look at the AMR...I mean Sniper Rifle. It both Strips if not outright ignores Shields.

You must be using a Future version cause the 1 computer i have ever saw running it was the biggest POS on earth.

No But Muptial 32 KT Blasts will push it into the Atmosphere. Huh Chemical thrusters that cancel out the 6 Gigaton recoil? Nice Try Bungie XD

State Facts better. If you would of said the Powerball. Then i would of agreed with you.

Mass effect. It gives the 12kg shot the mass of a feather. Which it rapidly loses as it exits the Ship (And the ships are Always moving) So no need for recoil canclation as their own forward momentum is never overcome.

Their effect on a half inch steel plate is similar. Their effect on tissue is not. Their effect on thicker steel plate would not be similar. Your refusal to accept any sort of statistical evidence that does not agree with your opinion is troubling. .270 WSM is a decent round, depending on the size of the bullet, and the powder load(which is why I chose different grain bullets for my comparisons. A heavier bullet has a greater amount of power, measured in ft/lbs, at a lower velocity. Because mass is a factor. There is a point where light and fast beats slower and heavy, but that point is a fairly significant gap between the two rounds. Whether or not you have the two guns is immaterial. Anecdotal evidence is superseded by statistical data. I have guns in several calibers, including .270 Winchester(although not .270 Winchester Short Magnum.) .30-06, .300WM, and 7mm RemMag. The most powerful rounds are the two magnums, but .30-06 is still more damaging on impact than .270. I am an expert, this is what I do for three months out of every year.

Large numbers of lasers would eventually strip their shields. But covenant fleets are...not small. Attempting to swarm them is contraindicated, since that's what THEY do to you. Not the other way around. Covenant fleets are large, numbering around a hundred ships on average. High Charity was protected by a combined fleet at all times, which means several hundred ships.

32kt impacts would take alot of effort to move something that weighs in at megatons of steel, if not more. A nearly mile long battlestation is hilariously difficult to move. The thrusters do not need to compensate for the full power of the shot, since the YIELD is in gigatons. The station keeping thrusters only need to compensate for the number of mps of acceleration that such a shot can impart on a multi million ton battles station, which would be fairly low, compared to the amount of acceleration that amount of energy imparts onto a projectile. Motion is a function of Mass and Velocity. Increase one, and the end value changes, increase mass DRAMATICALLY, and the value of movement decreases by the same manner.

So, you can accept a mystical element that has gravity manipulating properties, but covenant energy shields is lolwut? Your ability to handwave away the logical inconsistencies in your argument is astounding.

Don't reward the trolls.

Lucantis
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lucantis » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:35 am

Sheesh......... Everytime I check this OOC, it is now about 5 pages ahead...........

-.-
Last edited by Lucantis on Wed Aug 8, 2012 11:02 pm, edited 999,999,999,999,999,999 times in total.

Defense condition of FRL
DEFCON 5: Normal readiness
DEFCON 4: Strengthened security measures
DEFCON 3: Increase in force readiness above than required for normal readiness
DEFCON 2: Further increase in force readiness, but less than maximum readiness
DEFCON 1: War is imminent.
OOC
Milky Way RPs that I'm involved in:
Triple Planet Campaign

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:36 am

Dolmhold wrote:*Made my tech up, most of it. Ok, ok, so it is based off those futuristic projections and whatnot.*

More or less for me. Though had to borrow some here and there.
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador

Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:52 am

And i forgot about Hydrostatic Shock. Yup XD. But even so my point holds. The effects on Metal are close. Which is what were talking about. Ship to ship warfare. .270 Browning Shortmag. Beautiful gun. Loud, And damn near perfect hit at 1000 yards with the scope set right. (Ammo is a TOTAL bitch though)

Yes thats what they Try to do. But what happens when it happen's to them? They are used to being the biggest badass's and can just smash into a Fleet with out much worry. I'm sure they would be in a shock when a school of Frigate's zoom at em and fire the Thanix cannon at em (Which gives a much smaller ship ether Dread class firepower or Cruiser power)

And High Charity was a floating Super city, Like the Citidal. Of course they would have massive fleets to protect it (For all the good that did)

And Big Stick stations are still that. Station''s. And for some reason they felt the need to add windows. What kind of damage would a 32 Kilo do every 5 seconds if it breached? Not to mention if the frigates got close enough to hit it with all they were worth?

Because it at least Tries to make sense. Covant shields are just like "Herp Derp we stop you'. No attempt explained How. ME Kinetic Barriers make sense, But energy shields only make sense on Plasma and DE Weaponry.
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador

Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Mini Miehm
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mini Miehm » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:58 am

Gar Akaru wrote:Alright, I'm going to join the ME side.

IF there is a large scale war between the Covenant and the Reapers, barring the Halo rings, the Reapers have the advantage. The Covenant got all their technology from the Forerunners, like the ME races from the Protheans. They would hit High Charity and land troops, assimilating the races into their own forces. They would rob the databanks, and scatter the Covenant into the corners of the galaxy.

However, if the entire universe collided, and in a large scale battle, they would also win, because of the sheer numbers they can put into play. If the Dreadnaughts lose, the amount of Frigates and Cruisers, with disruptor torpedoes, which have no analog or defense in Halo, would cause large sections of the ship to cave into themselves and cause a black hole. The Archer missiles might be the only thing that would actually affect the attacking frigates. In all, the smaller ships would be able to fly circles around the UNSC ships.

In the case of ground combat, almost all of the ME troops have some sort of dedicated defense barrier, and have significantly faster weapons then the UNSC. The are designed to punch through the protective barriers, and will have no trouble going through the (relatively) lightly armored marines. The only setback is the vehicles at the disposal of the UNSC, but the ability for the ME frigates to provide close air support and the higher maneuverability of the ME vehicles, coupled with the higher resistance to UNSC anti-vehicular small arms.

Alright, I'm going to bed.

I'm just going to point out the glaring failures in this one.

Firstly, the covenant is no longer based on High Charity. It died at the end of H3. You may remeber that aggravating level with the flood? Yeah, that was High Charity.

Assuming there was a large scale engagement between the Elites and allied Humans, ME would come off a painful second place. Engaging with energy weapons that ignored Mass Effects kinetic barriers would permit Covenant ships to ravage the frigates and light ships with near impunity, and at much greater ranges than they could effectively reply, due to the fact that lasers are light speed weapons, and mass drivers...aren't. Heavy MAC and plasma batteries could be concentrated on the heavier Dreadnoughts and cruisers, to destroy them with concentrated fire. Attempting to swarm fleets that make heavy use of light fighters for anti-shipping missions is contraindicated in any case, since Seraphs and Longswords would both be available to target the ships with heavy munitions. Or to engage incoming fighters, although the level of point defense available to ships in the Halo continuity would mitigate their need for assistance from fighter cover.

In the case of ground combat, the humans once again turn to their Elite allies for assistance. Plasma weapons would entirely bypass kinetic barriers, negating the advantage of Alliance soldiers. Hunters armed with FRGs would make engaging allied troops with heavy vehicles difficult, and could be used to effectively engage large numbers of infantry as well. The ability of covenant vehicles to engage with energy weapons as well would significantly degrade the ability of vehicles to engage in tank combat. The ability of UNSC frigates, or covenant anything(since it appears as though even very large covenant warships can enter atmosphere) would negate the utility of ME frigates in the CAS role. Especially if a run of frigates found itself pitted against a battlecruiser or destroyer, which have an excellent array of weapons, which I already pointed out to you can ignore the kinetic barriers those ships would rely on to survive.

Don't reward the trolls.

TheFall
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 02, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby TheFall » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:58 am

What i miss?
Favorite Quotes
When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die.
Jean-Paul Sartre

Daskoxian
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Daskoxian » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:04 am

TheFall wrote:What i miss?

Mass Effect vs. Halo

Daskoxian
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Daskoxian » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:08 am

Yes Im Biop wrote:Because it at least Tries to make sense. Covant shields are just like "Herp Derp we stop you'. No attempt explained How. ME Kinetic Barriers make sense, But energy shields only make sense on Plasma and DE Weaponry.

Mystery elements vs. mysteriously energized particles...
I'd call that a tie.

Mini Miehm
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mini Miehm » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:12 am

Yes Im Biop wrote:And i forgot about Hydrostatic Shock. Yup XD. But even so my point holds. The effects on Metal are close. Which is what were talking about. Ship to ship warfare. .270 Browning Shortmag. Beautiful gun. Loud, And damn near perfect hit at 1000 yards with the scope set right. (Ammo is a TOTAL bitch though)

Yes thats what they Try to do. But what happens when it happen's to them? They are used to being the biggest badass's and can just smash into a Fleet with out much worry. I'm sure they would be in a shock when a school of Frigate's zoom at em and fire the Thanix cannon at em (Which gives a much smaller ship ether Dread class firepower or Cruiser power)

And High Charity was a floating Super city, Like the Citidal. Of course they would have massive fleets to protect it (For all the good that did)

And Big Stick stations are still that. Station''s. And for some reason they felt the need to add windows. What kind of damage would a 32 Kilo do every 5 seconds if it breached? Not to mention if the frigates got close enough to hit it with all they were worth?

Because it at least Tries to make sense. Covant shields are just like "Herp Derp we stop you'. No attempt explained How. ME Kinetic Barriers make sense, But energy shields only make sense on Plasma and DE Weaponry.

My point was more in line that attempting to swarm Covenant fleets, which I can only assume are still allied with humans, would be contraindicated for a number of reasons, not least of which being that covenant pulse laser turrets both outrange ME railguns, and ignore kinetic barriers, permitting ships to pick of frigates long before they can enter the fray and engage with their own weapons. A laser can fire from as great a range as a light second, and hit its target within exactly one second, a mass effect railgun would take ten seconds to cover the same distance, a not insignificant consideration in space combat.

Windows are cool. In order for a frigate to close with the station, it would have to survive through the fleet protecting the planet, through the stations own even larger engagement envelope, and through any CIWS that may have been deployed on it(none are verified, but it seems like a fairly obvious thing to put on a station), before finally being able to make an attack run against the station. The odds of making it that far before the fleet has been beaten are slim.

Shields work by fiat, just like Mass Effect and element zero. Covering it in flowery language doesn't change the fact that it works by fiat.

Don't reward the trolls.

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:28 am

Yes Im Biop wrote:And i forgot about Hydrostatic Shock. Yup XD. But even so my point holds. The effects on Metal are close. Which is what were talking about. Ship to ship warfare. .270 Browning Shortmag. Beautiful gun. Loud, And damn near perfect hit at 1000 yards with the scope set right. (Ammo is a TOTAL bitch though)

I'm just going to quote what has already been said.

Mini Miehm wrote:Their effect on a half inch steel plate is similar. Their effect on tissue is not. Their effect on thicker steel plate would not be similar. Your refusal to accept any sort of statistical evidence that does not agree with your opinion is troubling.

Yes Im Biop wrote:Yes thats what they Try to do. But what happens when it happen's to them? They are used to being the biggest badass's and can just smash into a Fleet with out much worry. I'm sure they would be in a shock when a school of Frigate's zoom at em and fire the Thanix cannon at em (Which gives a much smaller ship ether Dread class firepower or Cruiser power)

You've said your self that lasers and plasma weapons render ME shields useless. Lasers move at c. ME weapons move at around .01c. The Sangheili ships can sit outside their maximum effective range and take potshots with their lasers and guided plasma weapons. Once they're thinned down, they and the UNSC ships can come in to mop them up.

High Charity is also dead. If it weren't, it's slipspace mobile. No need for it to allow itself to get swarmed when it can run from ME ships at much faster than ME ships can chase. Slipspace is also very hard to trace.

You'd have to get through the advanced fleets, and it seems that ME ships would have a hard time at that. Then they would have to survive inside the SMAC's field of fire. Don't forget that even if an ME shield would always block the first shot's it's still absorbed over fifty gigatons of energy. All of that has to go somewhere. In this case into the ship that projects the barrier. It would get liquified by the energy it's absorbing.

If I called them hard light shields would you whine a little less about it?
I'M BACK!!!

"The size of ones internet spaceboats are inversely proportional to the size of ones penis."

FT only.
#NSLegion. For all your NS-FT RPing needs.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents