NATION

PASSWORD

Super Hero High (old OOC, search for new one)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:14 pm

Nakarisaune wrote:
Mighty Asgard wrote:I know that, but still. If you had to fight a guy, would you rather have an unbreakable shield or an assault rifle?

Unbreakable shield. Because I don't know how to shoot.

Also, having a rifle is no use if you get killed straight away.
Well if the barrel is heavy enough you could theoretically take it apart and use it as a handy club.
Battletech RP: Giant walking war machines, space to surface fighters, and other implements blowing things up= lots of fun! Sign up here
We even have a soundtrack!

RIP Caroll Shelby 1923-2012
Aurora, Oak Creek, Happy Valley, Sandy Hook. Just how high a price are we willing to pay?

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:21 pm

Nakarisaune wrote:Yeah but you could use the shield to stop yourself dying immediately.
Probably.

If you're small enough to fully hide behind it, otherwise you might still get hit and die from blood loss.

Which prompts an interesting question: Why do all the bad guys aim for Captain America's shield?

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:23 pm

Mighty Asgard wrote:
Nakarisaune wrote:Yeah but you could use the shield to stop yourself dying immediately.
Probably.

If you're small enough to fully hide behind it, otherwise you might still get hit and die from blood loss.

Which prompts an interesting question: Why do all the bad guys aim for Captain America's shield?
Maybe for the same reason that most bad guys aim for the emblem in the middle of Batman's suit where the armor is thickest? Bright colors attract the eyes very quickly.
Battletech RP: Giant walking war machines, space to surface fighters, and other implements blowing things up= lots of fun! Sign up here

Aurora, Oak Creek, Happy Valley, Sandy Hook. Just how high a price are we willing to pay?

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:24 pm

I'm thinking of coming back to this RP. No clue what's going on, and what's happened, though...
Times are looking grim these days~

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:34 pm

Northern Dominus wrote:
Altruistic Paladins wrote:
What about peak human abilities, the moral center-point for the Marvel Universes that do not involve the word "Ultimate", the Avengers, and a creation by Jack Kirby alongside Joe Simon?
That's so ambiguous, even your "normal" Captain America seems pretty superhuman. At most I'd imagine Burton would have a footspeed of about 35 mph, bench close to 2,000 pounds, and have a 70-80 inch vertical, for a very baseline example.

So yeah, better than even the finest athletes, but nowhere near superhuman.

Plus you have to remember this involves running down an alleyway exposed to energy and ballistic fire. All the phsyical ability and skill in the world doesn't matter if somebody gets one lucky shot off. Better to bring the building down around their ears rather than risk getting waylaid by some lucky punk with a gun.

That depends upon the writer. Some writers do a good job at keeping his abilities along the lines of "peak-human" and make up for it with good writing that shows that Captain America is really skilled and is thus able to take advantage of everything at his disposal and be tactically intuitive with it so that he can take on people with actual superpowers (the shield helps). With worse writers, you can see Captain America talking about how he only has "peak human abilities" while using a truck as a weapon. Ideally, he should be able to lift 800 pounds overhead; run at 30 mph; work at peak efficiency for several hours of intense physical activity; react at 20 kph; etcetera. Basically, he can operate at the peak of human capability, operate at world record capacity.
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:39 pm

Terintania wrote:I'm thinking of coming back to this RP. No clue what's going on, and what's happened, though...

Some students have gone on a mission to Ireland, aiming to capture some rogue superhumans. Other than that only regular school stuff has been going on.

Also, everyone is pregnant.

Nfhd
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nfhd » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:47 pm

Mighty Asgard wrote:
Terintania wrote:I'm thinking of coming back to this RP. No clue what's going on, and what's happened, though...

Some students have gone on a mission to Ireland, aiming to capture some rogue superhumans. Other than that only regular school stuff has been going on.

How is everyone 'pregnant' it makes no sense whatsoever.

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:48 pm

Nfhd wrote:
Mighty Asgard wrote:Some students have gone on a mission to Ireland, aiming to capture some rogue superhumans. Other than that only regular school stuff has been going on.

It is a running gag, but it has gone on for long enough that I expect the babies to be chest-bursters due to their size.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Nakarisaune
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 17, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nakarisaune » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:48 pm

Nfhd wrote:
Mighty Asgard wrote:Some students have gone on a mission to Ireland, aiming to capture some rogue superhumans. Other than that only regular school stuff has been going on.

It's the magic of the station. Once you enter, a fetus is implanted into you, complete with a uterus if you don't already have one.
"Nakari won best WW player, awarded to the person who is best at lying." - Fratt

"I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a point with a hundred endorsements. It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what."

Nfhd
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Nfhd » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:49 pm

Nfhd wrote:

It is a running gag, but it has gone on for long enough that I expect the babies to be chest-bursters due to their size.

Oh, that explains everything. Thats kinda creepy, but its the internet so whatever.

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:50 pm

Nfhd wrote:

Everyone is always pregnant. It's the magic of Christmas, kid.

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:08 pm

Northern Dominus wrote:That's so ambiguous, even your "normal" Captain America seems pretty superhuman. At most I'd imagine Burton would have a footspeed of about 35 mph, bench close to 2,000 pounds, and have a 70-80 inch vertical, for a very baseline example.

So yeah, better than even the finest athletes, but nowhere near superhuman.

Plus you have to remember this involves running down an alleyway exposed to energy and ballistic fire. All the phsyical ability and skill in the world doesn't matter if somebody gets one lucky shot off. Better to bring the building down around their ears rather than risk getting waylaid by some lucky punk with a gun.

That depends upon the writer. Some writers do a good job at keeping his abilities along the lines of "peak-human" and make up for it with good writing that shows that Captain America is really skilled and is thus able to take advantage of everything at his disposal and be tactically intuitive with it so that he can take on people with actual superpowers (the shield helps). With worse writers, you can see Captain America talking about how he only has "peak human abilities" while using a truck as a weapon. Ideally, he should be able to lift 800 pounds overhead; run at 30 mph; work at peak efficiency for several hours of intense physical activity; react at 20 kph; etcetera. Basically, he can operate at the peak of human capability, operate at world record capacity.
At least in Ultimate they go the Superhuman route so that it's not an issue.

You're sort of on the right track, my thought is that there are existing structures in the human body that if re-written and re-purposed along with a general enhancing of existing biochemistry to "ideal" settings could push a human into a "hyper-evolved" state.
So you're basically onto it. Wearing nothing but basic athletic gear...or nothing for the people out there who have Billy Zane fetishes, Burton's physical prowess could best any Olympic-caliber athlete. When wearing the extra 90-120 pounds of combat gear this gets reduced, obviously, but to Olympic level performance, roughly.

This is of course where the training and experience would come into play.

Garboshia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Garboshia » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:57 pm

Name: Burt Kristoff a.k.a. 'Celsius'
Nationality: Canadian
Height: 5ft. 4inch.
Weight: 200 pounds
Hair: short, red hair with a few grey areas
Eyes: blue
Costume (if any): blue pants and blue shoes with a red shirt and red gloves
Abilities: expelling and absorbing heat energy
Subject: P.E.
Brief Bio: Burt Kristoff is an okay guy, when his temper doesn't flare up. Burt was a former police officer who tried to play things by the book and was popular with victims of crimes because of how he tried to sympathise with them. Sometimes he'd sympathise with them a bit too much. Burt lost his job for utilising excessive force when he arrested a rapist. Ergo he tasred the criminal and started hitting him with his baton with no intentions of stopping and had to be pulled away by three other officers. One of these officers still has bite marks on his arm from Burt. Burt learned he had the ability to control heat when he saw his story on the news. When people started talking about how wrong Burt was for being so aggressive Burt's temper flared up and his t.v. started melting under his gaze. Burt was quick to become a superhero after that and called himself 'The Flame of Vengance' hunting down criminals and giving them third degree burns before turning them in (once he learned he could absorb heat energy in an area and freeze people solid he started calling himself 'Celsius'). Needless to say Burt has been arrested by the police and other superheroes for his aggressive behaviour when dealing with the more unsavoury than usual members of society. Burt came to the school looking for a job due to him being constantly fired in all of his other ones. He thought that he could actually keep this one considering that he was a "goddamn force of nature against those fucking bloodsuckers! Melting and freezing those bastards faces off!" (Burt's own words in regards to his role against the vampire invasion). The school only accepted him under the condition that Burt takes medication for his anger issues and sees a psychologist regularly.

OOC: yeah I know Burt's pretty cliche but I thought this RP looks interesting and I don't have the patience to write down a complex character especially if this RP turns out to not be my kind of thing, in short Burt's a nice guy with anger issues who became a superhero because he just likes the idea of beating the tar out of some sick bastard in the morning. p.s. could someone bring me up to speed n this RP? Well if I'm accepted that is

Ularn
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:04 pm

Mighty Asgard wrote:
Northern Dominus wrote:Uh, Mighty Asgard...the Lynxes' aren't gunships, they're transports. The gunships are the apaches :p

The whole idea is that the apaches use their autocannons and rockets to bring the house down and collapse one end of the tunnel. When that happens the Lynxes running the "racetrack" over Kildare observe for any sudden mass exodus' of a house not directly next to the one being reduced to rubble and call it, letting other squads home in on the other end.

A real super soldier would have been able to make to with transport helicopters. Just saying.

Lynxes do have door guns though; they're not totally defenceless.
ULARN INTERSTELLAR FEDERATION
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Broken World: Beastmasters | Of Zombies and Men
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:24 pm

I'll try and get a post up later tonight. I'm traveling for most of tomorrow, and probably most of the day after, so don't expect much from me.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

Subject X7
Envoy

Founded: Aug 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Subject X7 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:31 pm

Name: Johnathan Cole White
Nationality: Classified
Height: 6'7"
Weight: 190 lbs
Hair: Not visible
Eyes: Not visible
Costume (if any):

Abilities: Zero Point Energy Field Manipulator arm: Basically, his hands function like the gravity gun in Half-Life 2, the following is a demonstration of how his powers work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L65frfH4JSI

Subject: Technology, Chemistry, Science
Brief Bio: After crashing in Roswell, New Mexico, in 1947, Johnathan was taken in by a kind waitress at a nearby diner. The military confiscated his ship, and took most of the technology with them to Area 51. Later, he broke in and recovered a few of his scientific instruments, inclusing his stasis beam. He eventually caught word of a space station being built, one that would house the various abnormalities in the human race, and some extraterrestrials. He waited, and as soon as it was finished and students arrived, he began his journey in his ship to the Super Hero High.

Sorry for the crappy bio, I'm working on 3 different sites at once.
I would like to say a few things:
DubStep
Gamer
Lover
Butterflies
I can cook.
Puppies
Pizza
Wiggle
Bloop

I'm generally a nice person, an open book. But there's a key to opening my darker pages, and that's trust. If I confide in you, I will not hesitate to destroy your life, to do everything in my power to get revenge, if you reveal a single secret about me that I tell you. I will destroy your social life, make your love life public, and reveal your darkest secrets. But don't worry, I've only ever done that once to a person. Just keep my secrets, okay?

On a lighter note, I LOVE YOU! YES, YOU THERE!

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:42 pm

Camicon wrote:I'll try and get a post up later tonight. I'm traveling for most of tomorrow, and probably most of the day after, so don't expect much from me.

We never did.
By Hits Holy Hand,

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:43 pm

Camicon wrote:I'll try and get a post up later tonight. I'm traveling for most of tomorrow, and probably most of the day after, so don't expect much from me.

We never did.

"That was a joke. Ha ha. Fat Chance."

-GLaDOS
By Hits Holy Hand,

Nfhd
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Nfhd » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:15 pm

We never did.

-GLaDOS

"Spaaaaaaaaccccceeee"

-Space Core 20XX

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:20 pm

Garboshia wrote:
Name: Burt Kristoff a.k.a. 'Celsius'
Nationality: Canadian
Height: 5ft. 4inch.
Weight: 200 pounds
Hair: short, red hair with a few grey areas
Eyes: blue
Costume (if any): blue pants and blue shoes with a red shirt and red gloves
Abilities: expelling and absorbing heat energy
Subject: P.E.
Brief Bio: Burt Kristoff is an okay guy, when his temper doesn't flare up. Burt was a former police officer who tried to play things by the book and was popular with victims of crimes because of how he tried to sympathise with them. Sometimes he'd sympathise with them a bit too much. Burt lost his job for utilising excessive force when he arrested a rapist. Ergo he tasred the criminal and started hitting him with his baton with no intentions of stopping and had to be pulled away by three other officers. One of these officers still has bite marks on his arm from Burt. Burt learned he had the ability to control heat when he saw his story on the news. When people started talking about how wrong Burt was for being so aggressive Burt's temper flared up and his t.v. started melting under his gaze. Burt was quick to become a superhero after that and called himself 'The Flame of Vengance' hunting down criminals and giving them third degree burns before turning them in (once he learned he could absorb heat energy in an area and freeze people solid he started calling himself 'Celsius'). Needless to say Burt has been arrested by the police and other superheroes for his aggressive behaviour when dealing with the more unsavoury than usual members of society. Burt came to the school looking for a job due to him being constantly fired in all of his other ones. He thought that he could actually keep this one considering that he was a "goddamn force of nature against those fucking bloodsuckers! Melting and freezing those bastards faces off!" (Burt's own words in regards to his role against the vampire invasion). The school only accepted him under the condition that Burt takes medication for his anger issues and sees a psychologist regularly.

OOC: yeah I know Burt's pretty cliche but I thought this RP looks interesting and I don't have the patience to write down a complex character especially if this RP turns out to not be my kind of thing, in short Burt's a nice guy with anger issues who became a superhero because he just likes the idea of beating the tar out of some sick bastard in the morning. p.s. could someone bring me up to speed n this RP? Well if I'm accepted that is

Accepted.

Subject X7 wrote:
Name: Johnathan Cole White
Nationality: Classified
Height: 6'7"
Weight: 190 lbs
Hair: Not visible
Eyes: Not visible
Costume (if any):
Abilities: Zero Point Energy Field Manipulator arm: Basically, his hands function like the gravity gun in Half-Life 2, the following is a demonstration of how his powers work.
Subject: Technology, Chemistry, Science
Brief Bio: After crashing in Roswell, New Mexico, in 1947, Johnathan was taken in by a kind waitress at a nearby diner. The military confiscated his ship, and took most of the technology with them to Area 51. Later, he broke in and recovered a few of his scientific instruments, inclusing his stasis beam. He eventually caught word of a space station being built, one that would house the various abnormalities in the human race, and some extraterrestrials. He waited, and as soon as it was finished and students arrived, he began his journey in his ship to the Super Hero High.

Sorry for the crappy bio, I'm working on 3 different sites at once.

Denied. I've said that I'll only accept more alien characters if I feel they're sufficiently fleshed out, even more so than a human character, and your bio is a bit short in my opinion. There is essentially a gap of half a century between him crashing and going to the station, so he would have had to do something in the meantime.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:28 pm

Nfhd wrote:

-GLaDOS

"Spaaaaaaaaccccceeee"

-Space Core 20XX

Space Core is awesome.

Space. Space. Wanna go to space. Star. Star. Star. Star. Wanna go home.

-GLaDOS

GlaDOS is also awesome.....in being a complete jerk way.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Nfhd
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Nfhd » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:39 pm

Corrian wrote:
Nfhd wrote:
"Spaaaaaaaaccccceeee"

-Space Core 20XX

Space Core is awesome.

-GLaDOS

Valve why u no count to 3. We want portal 3.

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:41 pm

Corrian wrote:

-GLaDOS

The terms for that is "Evilly Affable/Faux Affably Evil" mixed in with "Laughably Evil".
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:53 pm

Nfhd wrote:
Corrian wrote:
Space Core is awesome.

Valve why u no count to 3. We want portal 3.

People want 3 everything related to Valve. I just say let them do whatever the hell they want. They are Valve. Whatever they do will be awesome. They aren't the type of company that's into recycling a series over and over again forever (Call of Duty and Halo). I'm more interested in like, say, a combination of Portal and Half Life in a new game (Since they are both based in the same world)

Even with this, I still laugh how like everything they do ends at 2. (Half Life 2: Episode 2, Portal 2, Team Fortress 2, Some other game they released recently 2, Left 4 Dead 2, ect?).

BUT, Valve is awesome. Steam is the best game device ever, and the sales they have are amazing. And they say games are overpriced (Usually due to lack of content other then multiplayer, like Call of Duty), so yeah. And it is known that the games that go on sale tend to do BETTER on sale. They are making us go more broke on video games with sales...:P

And the next time someone says "Where's Half-Life 3?" on a completely unrelated link on Facebook, I'm going to punch someone in the face. It gets irritating when people nag game companies in my opinion. This entitlement generation is getting on my nerves.

No offense to you, or anything, though. Just talking about in general. Though, Portal 2 is only about a year 1/2 old, if that, so don't worry about it too much. Valve actually takes time to make their games RIGHT, instead of rushing them, so you don't hear about new games that often. Which is fine by me. I rather a working game over a half-assed, rushed game (Like Dragon Age 2, but that was EA's stupidities fault. I think they got crap for that, because they didn't rush Mass Effect 3 and aren't rushing Dragon Age 3). And they make enough money off of Steam all the time (Especially making sales all the time) that they can take their time. Valve's totally my dads dream job place. They have amazing benefits as well (They gave like, 100+ employee's and their families a free week trip to Hawaii, for example).
Last edited by Corrian on Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:02 pm

Am currently hooked on Sail by AWOLNATION. BTW, anyone here watch Longmire?
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.

Nationstatelandsville wrote:"Why'd the chicken cross the street?"

"Because your dad's a whore."

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Best Gif on the internet.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse