NATION

PASSWORD

Govt is corrupt, so why do liberals want bigger govt !?!?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:01 pm

AuSable River wrote:I can make 10 posts for everyone that this malvoren makes.

I mean if you have an ideological belief, then defend it -- what is this guy waiting for ??

must be scrambling to find more bs links

Hey there, Summer Time...settle. This ain't IRC, it's a forum. Hell, threads have what, two weeks before being declared dead. If you're not getting the answers you want, go make a sandwich, step outside. Kiss a girl...what am I? You're cruise director? Find something to do. Some people got other shit goin' on.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

New Rogernomics
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 22, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rogernomics » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:01 pm

Forster Keys wrote:
New Rogernomics wrote:I demand my free money and food, the propaganda tapes from hollywood, the couch and the mind numbing agent; because Glen Beck says that is all what leftism is about. :p

All I get is scotch eggs and a broken heart.
I don't have a broken heart, but I don't have scotch eggs either; which is fine because I never eat scotch eggs anyway. :o
Herald (Vice-Delegate) of Lazarus
"Solidarity forever..."
Hoping for Peace in Israel and Palestine
  • Former First Citizen (PM) of Lazarus
  • Former Proedroi (Minister) of Foreign Affairs of Lazarus
  • Former Lazarus Delegate (Humane Republic of Lazarus, 2015)
  • Minister of Culture & Media (Humane Republic of Lazarus)
  • Foreign Minister of The Ascendancy (RIP, and purged)
  • Senator of The Ascendancy (RIP, and purged)
  • Interior Commissioner of Lazarus (Pre-People's Republic of Lazarus)
  • At some point a member of the Grey family...then father vanished...
  • Foreign Minister of The Last Kingdom (RIP)
  • ADN:DSA Rep for Eastern Roman Empire
  • Honoratus Servant of the Holy Land (Eastern Roman Empire)
  • UN/WA Delegate of Trans Atlantice (RIP)

Bozton
Attaché

Founded: Sep 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Bozton » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:01 pm

Forster Keys wrote:This thread is increasingly reminding me of an episode of Pokemon.

How is an idiot screaming at people about big government and liberal zombies remind you of Pokemon? Just curious...

Forster Keys
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Forster Keys » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:01 pm

AuSable River wrote:
Forster Keys wrote:This thread is increasingly reminding me of an episode of Pokemon.

I get bs sources and ad hominems from dudes like malvoren and virtually every else and I issue a simple challenge of

"DO you think that the hundreds of millions in campaign contributions corrupts politicians ?'

and the lefties run and hide ?

People have repeatedly answered your arguments and used credible sources. Despite this your good self seems ignore or refuse to accept said arguments and issue childish challenges and ultimatums left(ist) right and centre.
The blue sky above beckons us to take our freedom, to paint our path across its vastness. Across a million blades of grass, through the roars of our elation and a thousand thundering hooves, we begin our reply.

Allied Transhuman States
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Allied Transhuman States » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:02 pm

Forster Keys wrote:
Death Metal wrote:
Eh, Team Rocket are better at debate.

I wonder what side they'd take.

They want to take anything they want from anybody they want, have no real idea of how the real world works, are concerned with only themselves, and are ultimately self-defeating.

Libertarian, obviously.

Avenio
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Avenio » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:02 pm

AuSable River wrote:you didnt answer my question --- i will issue it for the 3rd time -- do you think that the hundreds of millions of dollars that obama has gotten in campaign contributions since 2008 corrupts the process ?????

Avenio wrote:Can it corrupt? Sure. Does it necessarily corrupt? No.

This has been Simple Answers to Simple Questions.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:03 pm

AuSable River wrote:you didnt answer my question --- i will issue it for the 3rd time -- do you think that the hundreds of millions of dollars that obama has gotten in campaign contributions since 2008 corrupts the process ?????

and yes, I understand and I believe that the campaign largesse corrupts republican candidates.

Yes and no.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Forster Keys
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Forster Keys » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:03 pm

Zionale wrote:

really? I'm actually intrigued by this. Can you explain please?

Issuing challenges and ultimatums all the time, sort of becoming farcical. Maybe more like Yu Gi Owe on further thought. The game not the poster.
The blue sky above beckons us to take our freedom, to paint our path across its vastness. Across a million blades of grass, through the roars of our elation and a thousand thundering hooves, we begin our reply.

AuSable River
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby AuSable River » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:04 pm

since malovern is curled up in a fetal position and sucking his thumb under his computer.

I would like the zombies to answer this question --- (we have to go slow for your benefit)

trust me on this, some of you will understand where I am going but keep quiet for the slow liberals:

here is the question:

"WHY DO CROOKS ROB BANKS?"

I will allow you a few minutes to answer --- and I am serious on this.

Forster Keys
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Forster Keys » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:04 pm

Death Metal wrote:
Forster Keys wrote:
I wonder what side they'd take.

Well, they're clearly AnCaps, they only respond to the authority of a tyrannical businessman.

Win. :lol:

Death Metal
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Death Metal » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:04 pm

Bozton wrote:

How is an idiot screaming at people about big government and liberal zombies remind you of Pokemon? Just curious...

Bozton is right you know.

One features a creature in yellow who can only repeat the same thing over and over.

The other, of course, is an episode of Pokemon.
Only here when I'm VERY VERY VERY bored now.
(Trump is Reagan 2.0: A nationalistic bimbo who will ruin America.)
Death Metal: A nation founded on the most powerful force in the world: METAL! \m/
A non-idealist centre-leftist

Alts: Ronpaulatia, Bisonopolis, Iga, Gygaxia, The Children of Skyrim, Tinfoil Fedoras

Pro: Civil Equality, Scaled Income Taxes, Centralized Govtt, Moderate Business Regulations, Heavy Metal
Con: Censorship in any medium, Sales Tax, Flat Tax, Small Govt, Overly Large Govt, Laissez Faire, AutoTuner.

I support Obama. And so would FA Hayek.

34 arguments Libertarians (and sometimes AnCaps) make, and why they are wrong.

Beiluxia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Beiluxia » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:04 pm

AuSable River wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:The only reason my head would explode would be due to your horrible spelling, grammar, and inability to even take one second to look at my name.

I never said that.

It sure is a stupid one though.

you didnt answer my question --- i will issue it for the 3rd time -- do you think that the hundreds of millions of dollars that obama has gotten in campaign contributions since 2008 corrupts the process ?????

and yes, I understand and I believe that the campaign largesse corrupts republican candidates.

Then why are you highlighting Obama's campaign and completely ignoring Republican ones? You admit that both sides, regardless of ideology or party, have corruption in some form or another. This is normal. There's no such thing as a "utopia" government because there's always going to be people who get corrupted by power. Why are you singling out the "liberal zombies" when even you point out the GOP does it too?
Factbook
Concerning HK
I<3HKG!

Pro: 人民主派 Pan-democracy camp 一七普選 2017 universal suffrage 中華民主 Chinese democracy
Anti: 親建制派 HK Pro-Beijing camp 中共政策 Communist Party policies 中共洗腦 CCP brainwashing

Concerning ME
✿Social Democrat✿ Bernie 2016! 2020! lolol Political Compass Political Test
Pro: Progressive taxes Universal healthcare Green New Deal Mixed economy Science
Anti: Bush Trump tax cuts For-profit healthcare Unregulated economy Science denialism

Music I Like
sufjam ❤
and a whole bunch of others...

Quotes
Kaikohe wrote:In honesty, does anyone know who they are? Or are we all just wandering trying to find ourselves in this world?

Lianhua wrote:Beilux stuffed a bidet up his ass.

Forster Keys
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Forster Keys » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:04 pm

United Marxist Nations wrote:

Huffington Post, I choose YOU!

Infowars uses unsourced rhetoric! It's super effective!

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:05 pm

AuSable River wrote:since malovern is curled up in a fetal position and sucking his thumb under his computer.

I would like the zombies to answer this question --- (we have to go slow for your benefit)

trust me on this, some of you will understand where I am going but keep quiet for the slow liberals:

here is the question:

Because capitalism exists.

I'm sorry, not the answer you were looking for, right? Was it, "CUZ THEY BE LIBERULZ!"
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Bozton
Attaché

Founded: Sep 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Bozton » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:05 pm

Death Metal wrote:
Bozton wrote:How is an idiot screaming at people about big government and liberal zombies remind you of Pokemon? Just curious...

Bozton is right you know.

One features a creature in yellow who can only repeat the same thing over and over.

The other, of course, is an episode of Pokemon.

:palm: NOW I get it... Thanks.

Forster Keys
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Forster Keys » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:05 pm

New Rogernomics wrote:
Forster Keys wrote:
All I get is scotch eggs and a broken heart.
I don't have a broken heart, but I don't have scotch eggs either; which is fine because I never eat scotch eggs anyway. :o

Neither really, my mum brought some home from a community thingy. Damn leftists.

AuSable River
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby AuSable River » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:06 pm

Beiluxia wrote:
AuSable River wrote:

you didnt answer my question --- i will issue it for the 3rd time -- do you think that the hundreds of millions of dollars that obama has gotten in campaign contributions since 2008 corrupts the process ?????

Then why are you highlighting Obama's campaign and completely ignoring Republican ones? You admit that both sides, regardless of ideology or party, have corruption in some form or another. This is normal. There's no such thing as a "utopia" government because there's always going to be people who get corrupted by power. Why are you singling out the "liberal zombies" when even you point out the GOP does it too?

calm down dude, I have acknowledged a dozen times in no uncertain terms that ALL politicians are subject to corruption.

Death Metal
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Death Metal » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:06 pm

AuSable River wrote:"WHY DO CROOKS ROB BANKS?"

Because criminals tend to be very stupid, and these days few things are stupider than attempting a bank robbery.
Only here when I'm VERY VERY VERY bored now.
(Trump is Reagan 2.0: A nationalistic bimbo who will ruin America.)
Death Metal: A nation founded on the most powerful force in the world: METAL! \m/
A non-idealist centre-leftist

Alts: Ronpaulatia, Bisonopolis, Iga, Gygaxia, The Children of Skyrim, Tinfoil Fedoras

Pro: Civil Equality, Scaled Income Taxes, Centralized Govtt, Moderate Business Regulations, Heavy Metal
Con: Censorship in any medium, Sales Tax, Flat Tax, Small Govt, Overly Large Govt, Laissez Faire, AutoTuner.

I support Obama. And so would FA Hayek.

34 arguments Libertarians (and sometimes AnCaps) make, and why they are wrong.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:06 pm

AuSable River wrote:calm down dude, I have acknowledged a dozen times in no uncertain terms that ALL politicians are subject to corruption.

As are all businessmen. Therefore, outlaw businesses.

AuSable River
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby AuSable River » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:06 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
AuSable River wrote:since malovern is curled up in a fetal position and sucking his thumb under his computer.

here is the question:

Because capitalism exists.

I'm sorry, not the answer you were looking for, right? Was it, "CUZ THEY BE LIBERULZ!"

as expected your wrong.

next liberal please answer.

Zionale
Envoy

Founded: Jul 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zionale » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:06 pm

here is the question:

"BECAUSE I WAS YOUNG AND NEEDED THE MONEY!"

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:06 pm

here is the question:

You... are a dumbass; you have yet to validate your own claims, yet you constantly chide us for 'not validating our claims' when 'malovern' has actually provided sources for his arguements. You are using typical right-wing tactics. Most of these people aren't even 'leftits' they're just smart.
The Kievan People wrote: United Marxist Nations: A prayer for every soul, a plan for every economy and a waifu for every man. Solid.

Eastern Orthodox Catechumen. Religious communitarian with Sorelian, Marxist, and Traditionalist influences. Sympathies toward Sunni Islam. All flags/avatars are chosen for aesthetic or humor purposes only
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
St. John Chrysostom wrote:A comprehended God is no God.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:07 pm

AuSable River wrote:as expected your wrong.

next liberal please answer.

How? Capitalism allows for money. Communism does not require money. Capitalism thus allows money to be stolen, which allows crooks to steal them. Capitalism is responsible for bank robberies.

Forster Keys
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Forster Keys » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:07 pm

Bozton wrote:

The benefits of libertarian society are about as believable as a society revolving around the capers of a random folks running around trying to catch magical animals?

Beiluxia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Beiluxia » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:08 pm

AuSable River wrote:
Beiluxia wrote:Then why are you highlighting Obama's campaign and completely ignoring Republican ones? You admit that both sides, regardless of ideology or party, have corruption in some form or another. This is normal. There's no such thing as a "utopia" government because there's always going to be people who get corrupted by power. Why are you singling out the "liberal zombies" when even you point out the GOP does it too?

calm down dude, I have acknowledged a dozen times in no uncertain terms that ALL politicians are subject to corruption.

I would like to point out that your thread title is "Govt is corrupt, so why do liberals want bigger govt !?!?" so don't play the innocent card. Or better yet, just don't play at all.
Factbook
Concerning HK
I<3HKG!

Pro: 人民主派 Pan-democracy camp 一七普選 2017 universal suffrage 中華民主 Chinese democracy
Anti: 親建制派 HK Pro-Beijing camp 中共政策 Communist Party policies 中共洗腦 CCP brainwashing

Concerning ME
✿Social Democrat✿ Bernie 2016! 2020! lolol Political Compass Political Test
Pro: Progressive taxes Universal healthcare Green New Deal Mixed economy Science
Anti: Bush Trump tax cuts For-profit healthcare Unregulated economy Science denialism

Music I Like
sufjam ❤
and a whole bunch of others...

Quotes
Kaikohe wrote:In honesty, does anyone know who they are? Or are we all just wandering trying to find ourselves in this world?

Lianhua wrote:Beilux stuffed a bidet up his ass.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General