NATION

PASSWORD

Baptism of Fire 48 - Everything Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sundsborg
Secretary

Founded: Jun 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sundsborg » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:02 pm

Royal Sundsborg Football Association
National Team for the BoF 48

Goalkeeper
1. Per Poulsen (Captain)
20. Kasper Christiansen
99. Stephan Helveg

Defenders
2. Brian Kraeger
3. Micheal Andreves
4. Preben Køhlenberg
5. Hanson Stransrup
6. Kalle Møller
7. Simon Jacobsen
8. Daniel Uldbjerg

Midfielders
9. Nicolai Sand
10. Frank Skov
11. Jens Azerrup
12. Peter Cerssen
13. Niki Fronkjaer
14. Hans-Jurgen Beckler
15. Andreas Løven

Strikers
16. Christopher Jensen
17. Martin Dahl-Kaerup
18. Lasse Sternsen
19. Morton Gildebaek

Manager : Allen Nielsen
Assistants : Frederik Allbaek & Kenneth Marûm

Choose my goalscorers: Yes
RP injuries to my players: After TGing me
Godmod injuries: No.
Issue yellow/red cards to my players: Yes (within reason)
Godmod events: No

Urbis Tractus
Lobbyist

Founded: May 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Urbis Tractus » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:58 pm

For those in the Acquan capital of Sant’Elia that watched their surroundings closely, they may have noticed something different about the city. It wasn’t the alleyways, they were as dirty as usual. It wasn’t the water, which was still as obsidian-tainted as usual. Some may have noticed the difference eventually.

Harry Barton, a Licentian student on his gap year, which he was spending travelling Rushmore, was one of the first to notice the difference in the city that day. He was in his rented flat on the outskirts of the city, and saw something that he heard of only in stories. His father had told him of the supposedly mythical moving city of Urbis Tractus. And now it was right in front of him. The engines turning over on the outskirts of Sant’Elia.

“Holy shit...”

A messenger sprinted through the city. He got a few strange looks as he passed past the markets of Sant’Elia. I mean, wouldn’t you if you were a human sized silver robot...

When he arrived at the headquarters of the Acquan FA, he handed the letter in his claw in to the front desk, scaring the receptionist half to death while he was at it. The letter contained the Tractian roster for the 48th Baptism of Fire, held here in Ossidiacqua and in Iturributa.

To whom it may concern,

Overleaf, you will find the Tractian roster for the 48th Baptism of Fire. Please take into account the various nuances of our nation when studying this.

Thank you for your time,

Professor Ted Smith
Tractian National Team Manager/Controller
Professor of Robotics at the University of Montfort, Licentiapacisterra

Urbis Tractus National Football Team

Manager/Controller – Professor Ted Smith
Formation – 4-4-2
Nickname – The Bots

Starting XI

GK – Osprey
LB – Baza
CB – Kite
CB – Buzzard
RB – Eagle
LM – Vulture
CM – Bateleur
CM – Harrier
RM – Goshawk
ST – Hawk
ST – Lammergeier

So, here come the nuances of this nation.

Firstly, as you may have guessed from the first bit of RP, Urbis Tractus is a moving city. As such, the city, its people, and the football team will be in Ossidiacqua and Iturributa for the tournament. You can choose to mention this in your RPs or not.

Secondly, the team is a group of robots, all controlled by the manager/controller. This team, which has a working life of 20 years, which means these lot, all named after birds of prey, will be representing Urbis Tractus for quite a while. It also means that injury wise, you aren’t likely to injure them, but they are likely to injure you. Their claws will obviously be retracted for the matches, and they won’t be able to attack players with them, as they are controlled by the Prof.

All this will be explained more in the series of RPs that I plan for this tourney.

Choose my goalscorers? Y
Godmod scoring events? Y, I could hardly say no, could I ?? :P
RP injuries to my players? N, see OOC spoiler for reasoning
Godmod injuries to my players? N, see above
Hand out yellow cards to my players? Y, but it’s not likely to happen, as robots don’t have emotions
Hand out red cards to my players? Y, but see above
Godmod other events? Y, see second permission
Puppet of the Licentian Isles

Deadmans
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 18, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Deadmans » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:22 pm

Well everyone has been waiting for this moment for ages since Deadmans were waiting for the players to be announced be the King.

Date: 18/07/12
Sent by Brian McFalon
Sent to Duke of Deadmans
Subject: Deadmans BoF 48 Player list

Before I reveal this to you I will make some points first.

1. I took a Long Time deciding who to go.

2. Some players have been taken to Mangolana for the Beach Cup, so the players will be flying from Mangolana to Ossidiacqua straight away.

3. We must have the team in full condition before we leave to Ossidiacqua and taking couple of important people especially you Duke.

I will now go to the roster

Manager: Brian McFalon (age 44)
Brian McFalon is the all time manager of Boring Paradise’s second best club team, Bartholomew FC, wining the national cup 5 years running and 8 league titles while in his footballing career. He will bring the light for the team.

Assistant Manager: Jack Rider (age 37)
Has been assistant manager of Empilot City during the Football Seasons of Matthew Johnston.

Coach: Raiyaan Malik (age 24)
Raiyaan Malik has great sense of tactics, but unfortunately he was enabling to play for 3 years after his injury in the league cup final against Oldcastle United.

Assistant Coach: Yousuf Bell (age 38)

Starting team

GK: Osama Homewood

CB: Justin Kingsley-Smith
CB: Robert Johnston
RB: Nathan Haslem
LB: Henry Roadster

DMF: Suyog Adams
RMF: Yaser Rehman
LMF: Suyog Ghurang
AMF: Ben Snaif

SS: Charlie O’Brian
CF: Sameer Malik

Bench:

GK: Vikram Ahmad

DF: Joshua Edwards
DF: Simon Hereford
DF: Matthew Bailey
MD: Archie Lishmin
MD: Ben Scott
MD: Joseph Atkinson
FW: Ashrav Bilotti
FW: Jack Homewood

Reserves:

GK:
DF: John Askew
DF: Kit Watson
MD: Jacob Wong
FW: Kieran Green

RP Permissions

Code: Select all
Choose my goalscorers: Y
Godmod scoring events: Y
RP injuries to my players: Y
Godmod injuries to my players: N
Hand out yellow cards to my players: Y (Only one)
Hand out red cards to my players: N
Godmod other events: Y

Style Modifiers: +3.1
Puppet of Boring Paradise

Earo
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Earo » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:28 pm

*Your led by a young interim deep into the inner parts of the Earon Football Associations Headquarters. Your accompanied by several other gentleman, all of whom want to become the next Manager of the Earon National Football team. You finally enter what looks like a large conference room. The interim turns and leaves, as you all stand there, staring at a man who seems to be clipping his toe nails.*

"Oh, Hi. Didn't see you there. You must be the candidates to become our new Manager. Welcome."

*You blink several times, continuing to stare at the man clipping his toe nails, hoping that it's just a part of your imagination. Sadly, it's not.*

"Oh, excuse me. I woke up a bit late today, in fact, I just got out of bed an hour ago, and my wife rushed me out the door. Didn't have time to clip my toe nails in the morning."

*You look at your watch. It's 5 o'clock in the evening.*

"Shall we get started. Please have a seat. Would anyone like to help me pull on my socks, with my arthritis it gets pretty hard?"

*As you take your seat, you join with everyone else, shaking your head NO.*

"Well then, my name is Alaois Trúc, Chairman of the Earon Football Association. As you're already well aware, we're in need of a Manager for our National Football Team. Our first Manager, Timotheus Ulrik, had a spectacular record of one win and one draw in twenty-three matches, before we sacked him. We're hoping that one of you will do much better."

*After hearing how poorly the team has performed in the past, you consider leaving. You decide against however, as you realise this is a great chance to become one of those Football Heros they always make movies about.*

"First things first. We'll need your résumé, so fill out this sheet..."

*The same interim who led you to this room re-enters, this time carrying a bundle of papers, handing each person present one of the résumés.

"...And we'll also need to schedule an interview with you. Please let Ms. Shaked Quigg, my personel secretary know what time would be suitable for you."

*You watch as a beautiful women waves and smiles at you. It seems that every person present believes that Ms. Quigg is looking at them, but you know for a fact that she's looking at you, and nobody else. She bends over, as if to whisper into Mr. Trúc's ear, but instead she yells.*

"It's Sha-ked, you idiot, not Shaked. You have to put a pause between the two syllables."

*She turns and again waves and smiles to you, and only you. You swear she even gives you a wink. She leaves the room. Mr. Trúc is clearly angry, and yells back at Ms. Quigg.*

"Just remember who signs your pay check!"

*Mr. Trúc's face is redder then ever, but he manages to give a weak smile to everyone in the room.*

"Well gentleman, I believe we should next head down to the training field, where you can meet the team."

*The young interim has just finished collecting the résumés, not because everyone has filled them out already, but because the interm brought too many with him, and has managed to drop several hundred empty résumés onto the floor. He gets up, and walks over to Mr. Trúc, before whispering into his ear."

"Oh yes, that's quite right. I had forgotten that the squad had already left for the Baptism of Fire. In that case, would you mind bringing these Gentleman a copy of our roster."

*The interim leaves the room. You take the break in the meeting to look around the room. You notice the vaulted ceilings, and the crown trim molding covered in what looks to be gold, but the thing that most intrigues you is the fact that Mr. Trúc is picking his nose. He notices you staring at him, and quickly blushes, before being saved by the interim, who has returned with the rosters. This time the interim has brought just enough for each person present, but still manages to drop several when he reaches you. You take a look at the roster.*

Pos Name                 Age Club
GK Kazimír Rothschild 19 Heart of Earo
DEF Bonifác Wuopio 28 Earo FC
DEF Anat Bachmeier 26 Harold Academical
DEF Avedis Abelló 24 Earo United
MID Mazin Akkermans 18 Deathsdon
MID Arlie Toft 18 Rovers FC
MID 'Elifelet Lockwood 27 County SC
MID Blazhe Masson 20 O'Patrick
FOR Justinas Jakobsen 32 O'Kirk
FOR Kunal Younge 24 Kings O'del Norte
FOR Shet Ralston 17 Gungee

GK Sorley Mcmahon 25 Earo River United
DEF Bratislav Naldi 25 Moeton
DEF Ampelios Belo 33 Heart of Earo
MID Aristarkh Lazarov 29 Earo FC
MID Yiorgos Ó Ríagáin 32 Harold Academical
FOR Deemer Dolan 28 Earo United
FOR Apollonios Di Pietro 21 O'Kirk

RP Oppritunity!

So as you may have been able to tell, I'm searching for a new manager for the squad, perferably from outside my country. If your interested in having one of your charecters become my manager, or develpoing a new charecter to fill the role, this is the perfect oppritunity for you to do so. In order for me to consider you as the squads new manager, there are two things I need you to do, one required, and one optional.

First, the required part. Those résumés that Butter Fingers the interim handed to you. Yeah, fill 'em out. When your finished, send them to me, Earo, in a TG.
Code: Select all
Name:
Previous Coaching Experience:
Previous Playing Experience:
A fun fact about you:
Where do you see Earo finishing in the World Cup 61 Qualification Group:
On a scale of 1-10, what is Earo's chance of winning the Baptism of Fire:

Now, the optional part. The interviews. I'll leave this totaly to you in terms of RP. However, there are some points you should follow:
  • Mr. Trúc, Ms. Quigg, Butter Fingers the Interim, and at least one player from the team must be mentioned at least once in your Interview RP.
  • Mr. Trúc will be the only one asking questions.
  • The Interview must take place at the stadium where Earo will be playing their next match, either before the match, or after it.
  • Everything else is up to you, the questions, answers, reactions, and other events.

I'll make my final decision as to who will become the manager following Earo's final match in the Group Stage. As for how I make that decision, will be kept secret. While the Interview won't make or break your chances of getting the job, they will help you greatly. If you have any questions, just send my puppet master, Darmen, a TG, and I'll be happy to answer.

Bisim
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 22, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Bisim » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:33 pm

Bisi BoF Roster
Starting Roster:
Team Coach: Lucas Dew

GK Patrick Rose- age 25
DF Justin Abby- age 23
DF Herny Gin V-II age 27
DF Nick Fewer- age 21
DF Joshua Sami- age 28
MF Max Angle- age 22
MF Ferd Smithson- age 31
MF Vince VonBertensun- age 22
MF Micheal Clap- age 28
S Kevin Hand- age 35
S Clepo Yadle- age 21

Subs
John Hintz Keeper- age 29
Sam McBorn Defender- age 21
Gerg Nail Forward- age 23
Matt Dornin -Defender- age 19

Formation: 5-3-2

If my opponent RPs first ( OOC: Which he most likely will do to a scheduling conflict) :
Choose my goalscorers: Sure, but if I have already RPed, respect it.
RP injuries to my players: Yes(Minor Injuries only- injuies that won't keep a player out of a game)
Godmod injuries:See above
Issue yellow/red cards to my players: Yellows Only
Godmod events: Sure, but nothing crazy

Home Uni (all unis with with green short)

Away

Keeper
Embassy Exchange Program Constitution
Bisi Archaeology Survey Corporation
Former WA Delegate for: The Council of Narnia, Cair Paravel, Narnia, The World of Narnia.
Current WA Delegate for: Narnia
Most posts made prior January 1st 2019 are non-canon.
2011 John Cookson Memorial Shield

Aexalla
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 24, 2011
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Aexalla » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:18 pm

Äxaský Národný Futbalový Tím
Aexallish National Football Team

Overview

This will be the first tournament the Aexallish Nation Team has ever played outside of the Arctic Circle.

Manager: Hanns Wiegel

Roster

Forwards:
Alfredo Sousa
Aitor Delgado
Zdeněk Biely

Midfielders:
Leon Barrientes
Oskar Dobrovodský (Captain)
Miloš Karadaglić

Defenders:
Tiso Lexa
Johan Arendonk
Piet Špaček
Ulrik Uhlíř

Goalkeepers:
Jon Riley

Reserves

Forwards:
Pauel Van Gelder
Roelof Niftrik

Midfielders:
Theodor Klerken
Francisco Iñárritu
Allard Nir

Defenders:
Paulo Blažek
Mikule Arendsen

Goalkeepers:
Alonso Dahli

Team Kit

Choose my goalscorers? N
Godmod scoring events? Y
RP injuries to my players? Y - Only minor injuries.
Godmod injuries to my players? Y - Within reason only; also do not use the injury to force a player off the field.
Hand out yellow cards to my players? Y - Use sparingly.
Hand out red cards to my players? N
Godmod other events? Y - Within reason only.
Last edited by Aexalla on Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Archuchy of Aexalla
WA Delegate for the Arctic
Ambassador to the WA: Aleš Bárta
Minister of Regional Affairs for the Arctic
Factbook | Embassy Program | Aexalla | Anthem
Pop: 581,812| Tech: MT/PMT | DEFCON: 5-4-3-2-1

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:16 pm

My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following:

Choose my goalscorers Yes
Godmod scoring events No
RP injuries to my players Yes
Godmod injuries to my players No
Hand out yellow cards to my players Yes
Hand out red cards to my players Yes
Godmod other events Yes

Football Squad:

Manager: Stan Nakeman
Coach: Conrad "Connie" Hailman
Assistant Coach: Boldar Sukar
Training Coach: Suio Noka, Sulan Mangkunegara, and Son Noma

Players:
GK: Soekarno Soesono- Age 30 (Vice Captain 2)
DF: Sukiran Mangku- Age 20
DF: Sukoyan Sakula- Age 29
DF: Andi Alan- Age 30
DF: Bead Sukar- Age 20
MF: Su Chian- Age 23
MF: Na Chian- Age 23
MF: Asmoro Nakala- Age 23
FW: Asmar Asmat- Age 37
FW: George Lugos- Age 30 (Captain)
FW: Sioa Lugos- Age 28(Vice Captain 1)

Reserves:
GK: Sian Mal(30), Sean Mcmurdo(23)
DF: Ogidbeg Suajiwa(23), Siwa Nakajima(23), Hidoko Majamura(20), Sidoko Makamura(19)
MF: Hail Man(23), Siad Ija(23) Dio Hanafiah(29)
FW: Akboy Sadakin(30), Akbay Sadakin(23)

Formation: 4-3-3

Home Stadium: Asmoro's Main Stadium: Located approx. 2 miles from the capital city of New Indonesia, the stadium was built on January 15th, 1980 from the order of Generalissimo Conrad Lugas. Capacity= 500.000 people.
Last edited by Altito Asmoro on Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Arcadian Islands
Spokesperson

Founded: May 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Arcadian Islands » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:57 pm

Starting Formation: 4-1-3-2
RP Permissions

Choose my goalscorers? Y
Godmod scoring events? Y
RP injuries to my players? Y
Godmod injuries to my players? Y
Hand out yellow cards to my players? Y
Hand out red cards to my players? Y
Godmod other events? TG me first
Image Arcadian Islands Image
Baptism of Fire Roster

Manager: Nial MoroAsst Mgr: Ted Blaisa

Style: Expected to employ a fairly attacking style, with captain Kensi August in a defensive midfield position allowing the remaining three midfielders to play forward with the option of a back pass when setting up a play or recovering from a counter attack. An expected strong presence in the forward middle of the pitch will result in a heavy workload for the midfield and strikers, who will be the most frequently substituted.
Substitutes
GK - Travis Croker
DR/DC - Nicholas Travelli
DC/DL - James Etherin
MR/MC - Lucas Kennedy
MC - Dan Williams
ST - Paul Riggott
Squad
GK - Thomas Walton
DC - Terrence Marshall
LW/ML - Bryan Davies
CF - Matt Shillington
Starting Eleven
GK - Mark Anstis
DL - Duncan Sinclair
DC - Edward Aitken
DC - André Jamet
DR - Rexley Sese Aala
DM - Kensi August (c)
ML - Zeke Fitzgerald
MC - Robert Lamanon
MR - Andrew Dennett
ST - Gareth Sully
ST - Jean d'Entrecasteaux

SCHEDULE
MD1 - Arcadian Islands 1-1 Conclespia @ The Settling Grounds, Langaraitz - D
Goals: August
MD2 - Arcadian Islands 0-0 Cosmic Censorship @ The Settling Grounds, Langaraitz - D
MD3 - Vindesby 1-0 Arcadian Islands @ The Settling Grounds, Langaraitz - L
MD4 - Arcadian Islands 1-0 Remad @ The Final Frontier, Guenara - W
Goals: Riggott
MD5 - Democratic States of Fenbar 1-1 Arcadian Islands @ Negaro Street, Guenara - D
Goals: d'Entrecasteaux

Full Roster

Goalkeepers
Mark Anstis: #1, GK, 26yrs, Esperance Utd
A strong keeper making up for a lack of speed with a strong presence and aerial ability, especially from corners. Two excellent seasons at Esperance United ensured that the prestigious number one jersey was his own.

Travis Croker: #31, GK, 30yrs, New Albion FC
A veteran local footballer, Croker is one of the few current players who remembers the early days of Arcadian football. Perhaps slightly unlucky to miss out on the number one jersey, Croker will add a dose of experience and leadership to the squad.

Thomas Walton: #13, GK, 22yrs, Cannington Utd
All arms and legs, this promising young keeper has struggled at times in the AIPFL. Walton will be unlikely to see much (if any) time on the pitch during the Cup, but will gain from the experience of being part of the squad.

Defenders
Duncan Sinclair: #5, DL, 23yrs, South Flinders FC
The left sided defender Sinclair provides the team with a good mixture of speed, tackling ability and long passing. His ability to read the game may see Sinclair break down a few opposition attacks in the final phases.

Terrence Marshall: #14, DC, 21yrs, North Esperance FC
Despite his youth Marshall appears to be one of the most promising defensive prospects across the nation, perhaps second only to Travelli. Will be lucky to be more than a permanent fixture on the bench.

Edward Aitken: #3, DC, 26yrs, Esperance Utd
Aitken is a technically skilled defender who makes good, strong tackles and can deal with opposition aerial threats; was just recently named Defensive Player of the Year for the most recent season of the AIPFL.

Nicholas Travelli: #15, DC/DR, 19yrs, Cannington Utd
An exciting young player from Cannington on Cook Island, Travelli is not only able to play in the centre/right of the defensive line but can also play as a sweeper as he does at club level.

Rexley Sese Aala: #2, DR, 24yrs, Arcadia AFC
A true wingback when playing for his club, Sese Aala will find himself restrained in attack while in the current formation under Moro; still, the immature Sese Aala will probably push forward from time to time and will have to call on his renowned endurance to ensure he doesn't leave his fellow defenders exposed.

André Jamet: #4, DC, 28yrs, Rockton FC
Strength, stamina and good man-marking abilities are the hallmarks of Jamet, who will be the key to keeping the Arcadian defensive line strong and coherent.

James Etherin: #16, DL/DC, 24yrs, Rathnest FC
A surprise inclusion in the squad over AS Bellerophon's Bowton, Etherin is realistically there to make up the numbers and cover for injuries. Etherin proved to be quite inconsistent at club level over the first two seasons of the AIPFL, although when in form is one of the most dominant left sided defenders in the nation.

Midfielders
Zeke Fitzgerald: #11, ML, 27yrs, Cannington Utd
Brilliant on the counter attack and at running with the ball, Fitzgerald will provide a handful against those marking him. Perhaps a yard slower than he was a few years ago, his increased experience and maturity will make up for any loss in pace. Will often cut infield to get onto his stronger right side.

Dan Williams: #17, MC, 24yrs, New Albion FC
Despite starting on the bench, Williams will be used by Moro as a secondary playmaker due to his good on-the-ball control and good passing ability, as well as his ability to read the game and seek scoring opportunities.

Kensi August (c): #6, DMC, 29yrs, Arcadia AFC
The captain and one of only two ni-Kula (aboriginal Arcadians) in the team, the other being Sese Aala, August will be the main focus of the Arcadian midfield. His strong tackling, eternal stamina and deft passing ability will be put to the test as he provides a vital link between attack and defense.

Lucas Kennedy: #18, MC/MR, 24yrs, North Esperance FC
Kennedy will likely see quite a bit of time throughout the group stage as he replaces tired legs; the young player will hopefully have an impact with his traditionally relentless box to box midfield style.

Andrew Dennett: #7, MR, 26yrs, South Flinders FC
Dennett's pace and accuracy with crosses will threaten the box throughout the tournament, although reports he is carrying a knee injury into the Cup may result in his ultimate game time being diminished.

Bryan Davies: #19, ML/LW, 21yrs, Arcadia AFC
A threatening attacking player with his mixture of speed and ball control. Has an uncanny knack of beating players down the touchline although is generally quite inaccurate with his crosses.

Robert Lamanon: #8, AMC/AMR, 25yrs, AS Bellerophon
An attacking playmaker, Lamanon will link up with the striking pair as they threaten goal; his right foot is accurate, powerful and able to find the goal from outside the box.

Strikers
Gareth Sully: #9, ST, 26yrs, Esperance Utd
Able to out-muscle his opponents to make space, Sully has good ball control, ability to hold off defenders, and good finishing inside the box.

Jean d'Entrecasteaux: #10, ST, 25yrs, AS Bellerophon
The most prolific goal scorer in the AIPFL, d'Entrecasteaux is known for his decent pace and wicked left foot which although not the most powerful is very accurate.

Matt Shillington: #20, CF, 28yrs, New Albion FC
An expert goal poacher, Shillington specialises in goals from set pieces and goals around the six yard box. Known throughout the AIPFL for sledging his markers relentlessly.

Paul Riggott: #22, ST, 29yrs, South Flinders FC
Riggott will be the first replacement up front, coming on late in the match to use his experience to break through. Whilst his legs are ageing, he can still surprise a few defenders with his pace and ability to be in the right place when needed.

Staff
Nial Moro: Manager. Little is known of this mysterious manager and why he was chosen over more experienced candidates from AIPFL clubs. The AIFA has remained strangely tight lipped about the appointment; Mr. Moro's first press conference is eagerly awaited.

Ted Blaisa: Assistant Manager. Equally as unknown as Moro, Blaisa is another mysterious figure with no local experience or identity. Has only ever be seen publicly in the company of Mr. Moro.
Last edited by Arcadian Islands on Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Danaelia
Secretary

Founded: Mar 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Danaelia » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:48 am

Her Excellency's Central Crown Colonial State Of Danaelia Association Football Team

Information

One of the central colonial state of Mapletish's colonies,Danaelia is the center of all colonies that the Mapleitsh Union currently governs each having its own self-government with much more important areas like International Relations and Defence counted upon the Mapletish Union.Danaelia is a growing nation,with no thoughts of gaining independence from the Mapletish Union with its Chief Governor Isabel Estefânia Sabina Rosana Devian making it pretty clear to remain part of the Mapletish Union.

Danaelian association football is still considered pretty young and inexperienced unlike their colonial masters Mapletish,never participating in a single international tournament at all with Mapletish participating in 4 editions of the World Cup Qualifying and conquering the third-place in the Baptism Of Fire 44.Never matching up with the standards of Mapletish Football,Danaelia are stepping hard on the gas pedal to improve their standard of football with 2 divisions of the football league recently completed in its Season I,it was a crucial success as it marked the stand of Danaelian football.

Having applied for the Baptism Of Fire 48 and the World Cup 61 Qualifying,Danaelia has made one step into the international stage to give its all this time.With hardly a string of good players for Danaelia to count on and without a manager,the team is build from stretch with the help of Maplish scouts,administrative and technical directors.

Roster

Manager - Angelina Isabel
Angelina was selected by Maplish scouts on behalf of the Danaelian Football Association because of her first hand tactics used by Angelina,despite that she is still quite young,at just 28 years old,she remains to be one of the youngest female manager taking charge of any Maplish team.Miss Isabel's first press conference is eagerly awaited.

Assistant Manager - Johanne Amy
Johanne has a practically unknown status as compared to Angelina but she has personally selected by Angelina herself as one of assistants.

Goalkeepers
- Ebbe Leif
- Kenneth Sigfrid
- Truls Bengt

Defenders
- Frej Simon
- Jakob Bertil
- Loke Mathias
- Melker Lorens
- Bertil Rudolf
- Kristoffer Örjan
- Andreas Rune
- Tryggve Paul

Midfielders
- Ebbe Christer
- Jon Ulf
- Torkel Torvald
- Gustaf Isak
- Asbjörn Olov
- Elias Thorvald
- Cai Elof
- Bo Caj

Forwards
- Orvar Samuel
- Melker Patrik
- Ingmar Otto
- Anders Jakob

Starting Eleven

GK - Ebbe Leif
DF - Frej Simon
DF - Jakob Bertil
DF - Loke Mathias
DF - Melker Lorens
MF - Ebbe Christer
MF - Jon Ulf
MF - Torkel Torvald
FW - Orvar Samuel
FW - Melker Patrik
FW - Ingmar Otto

Style Mod : 2.5
Rp Permissions - Yes to all,but don't kill my players,i reserve the rights to undo any injuries or anything crazy in the follow up Rp,if u want to do something crazy,TG me first.
Last edited by Danaelia on Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Central Union Danei Maximus of Danaelia - Pop. 15,000,000
Capital: Diwah - Demonym: Danaelian/Danaelish - Trigramme: DAL

Inthelittlenation
Secretary

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Inthelittlenation » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:25 am

[ILN]
5-3-2
-
Manager: Shaquille Ryuunosuke

GOAL KEEPERS:
Felix Arvel (Age 27)
Souta Minoru (Age 23)
Cam Taichi (Age 31)

DEFENDERS:
Meredith Kaleb (Age 21)
Raymund Kaleb (Age 23)
Kyran Gus (Age 31)
Quincey Jake (Age 19)
Randall Seán (Age 28)
Hachiro Dion (Age 21)
Jacob Farrell (Age 31)

Mid-Fielders:
Norm Conor (Age 30) - CAPTAIN
Leachlainn Korey (Age 29)
Xavier Lorrin (Age 22)
Layton Akio (Age 34)
Newt Ardal (Age 30)
Milburn Kiyoshi (Age 18)
Benedict Hiraku (Age 20)

Fowards:
Moe Sam (Age 26)
Shouta Burton (Age 22)
Cathal Blaze (Age 27)
Quincy Nolan (Age 25)
Troy Stanley (Age 30)

--

Choose my goalscorers: YES
RP injuries to my players: YES, no deaths and not the whole team
Godmod injuries: NO
Issue yellow to my players: YES, don't go over the top with yellow cards.
Issue red to my players: POSSIBLY, TG me about it first.
Godmod events: YES
Last edited by Inthelittlenation on Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Due to dislike of my name for RPing Purposes, Union Isle is now my account for any form of RP.

Zandistan
Attaché

Founded: Jul 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zandistan » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:51 am

Zandistani Men's National Team

"The ZNFA decided to prepare a relatively younger squad for the upcoming Baptism of Fire, as then the team could survive and develop great chemistry over the course of multiple world cup cycles before the players reach retirement age." - Official Statement of the Zandistani National Football Association.

But as we Zandistanis all know, the ZNFA, in it's short (so far) existence, is a highly corrupt organization, subject to the prominent Zandistani Mafia. Which the designated starting XI and subs just happen to be members of. Highly suspicious. Thankfully, they do happen to be brilliant players (albeit with violent tendencies on occasion...think elder Werdenheimer) so the country is optimistic about their projected perfomance in the Baptism of Fire.
The players (really, just the starting XI, the rest are Mafia members but haven't been initiated starters) go by their Mafia nicknames on the backs of their jerseys. This trend was likely caused by the inability to fit Radonezh-Muratovich on any jersey, but the team claims it is to scare the living daylights out of their opponents. Imagine playing a match as striker...to score you have to survive a firestorm, avoid a buzz saw, and then hope Megatron doesn't destroy you. Not the most appealing prospect.

MAFIA STARTING XI

GK - 12 - age 23 - Juan "Megatron" Sánchez de la Mega
De la Mega, Megatron as they call him, is a hulking beast of a man at 6'6", 225 lbs, but he has an agility and reflex like no other. A man possessing superhuman physical qualities, he once punch-saved a penalty kick into the crossbar so hard, the woodwork snapped in two, causing the match to be abandoned. This physical strength is also well used to dispose of "enemies". He is near unstoppable in the goalmouth, and has the full confidence of all his fellow Zandistani footballers.
Plays most like: Petr Čech

RB - 2 - age 24 - Artur "Cannonball" Schmid
He manages the laser cannon atop the team bus when the team ride takes them through dangerous parts of cities. As a child, he read about legendary admirals and ships with cannons. His all-hands-on-deck mentality and extreme focus translate to the field, as he is the team's second captain, and the player described as having the most intense focus from the opening kickoff to the final whistle. At times, he is so intense he could shoot lasers out of his eyes with a glowering stare.
Plays most like: Dani Alves

CB - 4 - age 25 - Rudolf "Buzz Saw" Werdenheimer
Buzz Saw Werdenheimer, the elder and more vicious of the centre back pair of Werdenheimer brothers. He plays a rough style, frightening the opposing strikers with vicious gridiron-style hits, and he is likely to be booked. He has left countless opponents injured on the field, but maintains, "If they do not score, I have done my work properly. Whatever it takes to stop them from getting by me must be done."
Plays most like: Pepe

CB - 15 - age 23 - Johannes "Vortex" Werdenheimer
Whomever makes it through the Buzz Saw is swept up in the vortex of the younger Werdenheimer. Like the Tasmanian Devil come to life on a soccer pitch, he spins in and sweeps up any ball that happens to squeak by his teammate and brother. He also sweeps in to take the money from bankers, as well as other men of less repute.
Plays most like: John Terry

LB - 3 - age 24 - Avisajj "Shadow" Bunfogle
Shadow can rarely be seen, on the field or off. He blends in so well with his surroundings that it is rumored he is half-chameleon. This creates many opportunities on the pitch, as he can sneak past defenders unnoticed, sometimes avoiding offside calls even, as well as coming out of nowhere to make goal-saving tackles. His ability to instantly camouflage makes him doubly effective as a spy for the Mafia, if he didn't play so much soccer. The man (is he a man?) is a mythical creature in many ways.
Plays most like: no one can see him, so no one knows

CDM - 6 - age 27 - Friedrich "Firestorm" Stenhoffer
Firestorm. The shock of red hair dominating his head, or his propensity to burn the homes of certain people the Mafia opposes. A list of people which includes nearly every player to escape his watch and sneak through to score. Nobody wants the firestorm to come upon them, making him an effective defensive mid.
Plays most like: Nigel de Jong

RWM - 20 - age 19 - Jimmy-Phillip "Speed" McRae
The youngest starter and fastest member of the national team, McRae is a blazing wing player, fast and nearly unstoppable, with a dazzling array of tricks and jukes. It is yet to be determined if his nickname comes from his quickness or the drugs he reputedly sells on the street. However, it makes no difference as long as he contributes his soccer skills to the team. The signature play of the ZMNT is a McRae cross to a bicycle kick golazo by striker Golazo Domingo.
Plays most like: Theo Walcott

LWM - 23 - age 23 - Melbrue "Tango" Tangari
Tango, nicknamed for the letter T of the military alphabet, spends his time off the field at the computers, decoding and encoding messages to Mafia men including the Overlord. A womanizer, his nickname can also refer to his flair for South-American dance, his main method for seducing many young women. It also seems his flair for dance translates over to the pitch as well, as he deftly maneuvers the ball through and around defenders, although he does tend to use the step-over too often.
Plays most like: Cristiano Ronaldo

CAM - 57 - age 30 - Karl "Blade" von Zanderstrom III (captain)
The elder statesman and team Mafia ringleader von Zanderstrom III is the only member of the national team with significant experience, the grizzled veteran of the squad. His gracefully assists his friends on the pitch, but enemies beware: In a club grudge match, he hid a switchblade in his sock and nearly killed an opponent with a stab. When questioned, he grunted, "It's what I do. I play my game." It is rumored his uniform number is his real-life kill count.
Plays most like: Mark van Bommel

ST - 9 - age 20 - Flavio "Golazo" Domingo
He was not a born Zandistani, roped into the country by the Mafia organization and prevented from leaving when they discovered his brilliant right foot. Still, he is the favorite of the populace after bucketloads of beautiful goals in club matches. He was quoted as saying, "I'm thrilled to have been selected to help Zandistan participate in the Baptism of Fire and World Cup with all my young new teammates, we can build a dynasty."
Plays most like: Didier Drogba

ST - 11 - age 28 - Yuri "The Grizzly" Radonezh-Muratovich
A man bear-like both in size, strength and facial hair (good for frightening people into submission, bad for attracting the ladies), the Grizzly is not a mobile player but is near unstoppable in the penalty area, as defenders just fall off of him. His bear-like strength has come into use in many late-night brawls in various bars and cantinas, doing dirty work for his Mafia masters.
Plays most like: Zlatan Ibrahimović

Substitutes

GK - 1 - age 33 - Evanolan Fry
The nerd of the team, always seen with a book in his lap. However, inside that book is an intricate mini supercomputer with the ability to do things unimaginable to normal men. His "book" is the center of the Zandistani Mafia operations, which is why he is usually kept on the sidelines to tend to it. Only he, of the team's players, can communicate with the Mafia Overlord.
Plays most like: Brad Friedel

GK - 18 - age 25 - Wilfried Thomas
Bad keeping = Bench. Sadly, Wilfried has learned this lesson far too often. He is the team's third-stringer at the position, but everyone hopes he makes no appearance in any major tournament, him included :(
Plays most like: Robert Green

RB - 17 - age 21 - Scratch Tzingotürk
Scratch's real name has long been lost in the ages. He grew up on the Zandistan streets playing soccer from the age of 9 after his parents died. He quickly gathered a following of friends when they discovered he started having an incessant itch, which he scratched, whenever danger was near. He slowly built up a ragtag army of kids like him on the streets, as he kept them away from the police. His amazing learning ability meant he learned all the tricks of every player he ever saw, giving him absolute skill in all areas. Both his itch and his talent were then exploited by the Mafia, who secretly followed him from youth and snatched him at age 15, leaving behind his leagues of followers and developing him for high level soccer.
Plays most like: Rafael

CB - 5 - age 17 - Ingmeier Britzlstein
Definitely young for a national team center back, Britzlstein is the only member of Tzingotürk's young following to be currently on the team. After the Scratch's mysterious departure, Ingmeier took control of the young crew by popular choice. He was even more of a natural talent than Scratch with a penchant for making brilliant goal-saving tackles. Taken from the kids' group at an even younger age for development, 14 years of age, Britzlstein is sure to be a star of the future, and there may yet be more players of quality to come from those streets...
Plays most like: Holger Badstuber

AM - 8 - age 23 - Travestino Bellucci
To him, it was a great travesty he did not make the starting lineup, but he remains dedicated to his nation. He is the most used substitute on the team, noted for his abilities on set pieces, plays with passion and clever deception, a deception that translates off the field when in sticky situations. He hopes to one day break the starting XI.
Plays most like: Andrea Pirlo

LWM - 7 - age 22 - Nikolaas van Oolsjoy
Lighthearted and absentminded but always smiling, van Oolsjoy is the most joyful player on the team, 100% carefree. He seems blissfully unaware of the pain his bosses could put him through, often ignoring their commands, but they let it slide because he may be the greatest pure talent on the team, just he has trouble on the field with focusing singularly on the game at hand. He does however have a knack for solving the most difficult of puzzles and picking locks with ease, when he can focus long enough.
Plays most like: Ibrahim Afellay

ST - 10 - age 27 - Brendt Packebomm
All his shots pack quite a boom, making all goalies except Megatron quake in fear, especially at the idea of him taking a penalty kick. He once blasted one straight through a goalie, sending man and ball to the back of the net. And you certainly wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of a kick of his...it has been tested as a method for extermination.
Plays most like: shot like Steven Gerrard, rest like Miroslav Klose

Zandistan officially plays a 4-4-2 diamond midfield, but usually the wingers push into a 4-1-3-2

----------12----------
----------------------
------4-------15------
--2----------------3--
-----------6----------
---20------------23---
----------57----------
----------------------
------9------11-------

Moves to:

----------12----------
----------------------
------4-------15------
--2----------------3--
-----------6----------
----------------------
---20-----57----23---
----------------------
-------9-----11-------

COACHING STAFF

Head Coach - Wickami Schwartz
Schwartz is the contemplative coach, brilliant at formations and tactics but so emotionless he is rumored to be a Mafia robot. He is incapable of giving directions during games, only watching from a box high in the stadium and relaying the info on substitutions down to assistant Vilisević.
Coaches like: Vicente del Bosque

Asst. Coach - Drago Vilisević
Drago the Dragon, as he is called, probably can breathe fire but no one has ever really provoked him to that point. He takes the orders from Wickami Schwartz but resents that he has to talk to players and give strategies he on occasion disagrees with. He is very demonstrative on the sidelines, gesticulating madly to his players.
Coaches like: Pep Guardiola

Keepers Coach - Boonerand Rommendell
Keepers Coach. Essentially the man who looks after Evanolan Fry and his computer, he doesn't need to coach Megatron and no amount of coaching will change Wilfried Thomas's futility. He is the team's second communicator with the Mafia Overlord.

Choose my goalscorers: Y
Godmod scoring events: Y
Injure my players: Y, but nothing too severe...out a game or two maximum
Godmod injuries: Y
Yellow cards: Y
Red cards: N
Godmod other events: Y
Last edited by Zandistan on Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
CHAMPIONS: Baptism of Fire 48

Vamprican-Krumbian Confederacy
Spokesperson

Founded: May 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vamprican-Krumbian Confederacy » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:12 pm

1. Radzimierz Pasternak
2. Lanford Lawson
3. Reagan Easom
4. Monty Jarrett
5. Kennith Winship
6. Fletcher Layton
7. Martynas Patrickson
8. Barney Tyrell
9. Rolland Dalton
10. Pavle Pavlov
11. Zbigniew Polzin

Substitutes:
12. Daniel Marszalek
13. Costel Filipowski
14. Henry Filipov

Manager: Stan Davison
Assistant Manager: Juozapas Alexander

Shared puppet of Vampricus and Krumbia.

Timfen
Spokesperson

Founded: May 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Timfen Roster

Postby Timfen » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:25 am

Timfen Team List

Manager: Thomas Thatcher

Squad:
Goalkeepers:
Club: Dradeg
Overall caps: 35
Goals: 0
Clean Sheets: 10
Shirt Number: 1

Club: Swarov
Overall caps: 16
Clean Sheets: 3
Shirt Number: 19

Club: Ponsgrof
Overall caps: 68
Clean Sheets: 15
Shirt Number: 22

Defenders:
Club: Hayton
Overall caps: 57
Goals: 3
Shirt Number: 2

Overall caps: 25
Goals: 2
Shirt Number: 3

Club: Raydol
Overall caps: 43
Shirt Number: 4

Overall caps: 5
Shirt Number: 5

Overall caps: 16
Goals: 1
Shirt Number: 12

Club: Crifoll
Overall caps: 71
Goals: 6
Shirt Number: 17

Overall caps: 39
Goals: 3
Shirt Number: 23

Midfielders:

Overall caps: 67
Goals: 22
Shirt Number: 8
Captain

Club: Brozjok
Overall caps: 27
Goals: 17
Shirt Number: 7

Overall caps: 40
Goals: 14
Shirt Number: 6

Club: Frujley
Overall caps: 32
Goals: 11
Shirt Number: 13

Club: Swarov
Overall caps: 33
Goals: 12
Shirt Number: 15

Club: Raydol
Overall caps: 6
Shirt Number: 16

Overall caps: 39
Goals: 12
Shirt Number: 18

Forwards:
Overall caps: 68
Goals: 38
Shirt Number: 10

Overall caps: 38
Goals: 23
Shirt Number: 11

Overall caps: 27
Goals: 11
Shirt Number: 14

Overall caps: 70
Goals: 22
Shirt Number: 20

Overall caps: 19
Goals: 8
Shirt Number: 21

Overall caps: 81
Goals: 58
Shirt Number: 9

Starting XI formation A:
-------------------Kelly------------------
Atkins---Hawkins---Barton---Stevens
---Dras---------Hicks----------Dews---
---Banes----Brondons-----Drurton---

Starting XI formation B:
Dras-----Hicks------Steyn------Dews
--------Brondons-----Drurton--------

Starting XI formation C:
Dras---------Hicks---------------Dews
----------------Banes-----------------
--------Brondons-----Drurton--------

Timfen have recently played in the regional tournament, being knocked out in the quarter-finals. Their main striker, Jacques Brondons, is back from injury, and should score lots of goals in this tournament.

Choose my goalscorers? Yes, but make sure it is sensible, not loads and loads of defenders, and not the goalie please.
Godmod scoring events? No.
Injuries? Yes, but not too many, and not for longer than a couple of games.
Godmod injuries? No.
Cards? Yes, but not very many yellows and maximum one red in the tournament.
Godmod other events? No.
Last edited by Timfen on Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Classification: Republic
Capital City: Dradeg
Motto: Be well nourished
Currency: The Fenn
National animal: The Swan
Leader: President Barry Ondertom
Religion: Cathlojudoislozastrohinduprotestantism

Fenbar Sports Minister
1st Barunia Football Cup: 1st Place
1st Fenbarric Club Cup (Hayton Wanderers): 1st Place
1st Kabaddi World Championships: 3rd Place
3rd Fenbarric Cup: 3rd Place

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny.

Arcadian Islands
Spokesperson

Founded: May 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Arcadian Islands » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:27 am

Three years ago
A warm westerly blew across the deck of the white cruising yacht as it bobbed across the open expanse of water surrounding the craft in all directions. The breeze caught the light jackets of those standing on deck; a bearded man and his slightly smaller offsider looking off to the horizon, as well as two others navigating the craft through the calm sea.

The bearded man, about six foot tall and slightly podgy, stood with his left hand shielding the sun from his eyes as the smaller man beside him handed him a bottle. Silently, the bearded man took the bottle, which was swiftly opened and in no time pressed firmly by his sunburnt lips. The smell of alcohol was wafted by the warm westerly wind towards the other men on the white deck, whose disinterest in the odour suggested a certain regularity about the scene. Unconcerned, they continued about their business in earnest.

The warm spring sun beat down on the deck of the 'Caillié' as the muffled sound of two men arguing in the cabin of the vessel reached those standing above. The bearded man continued to drink the amber liquid as his offsider tried to catch the words of those below. When the argument had finally finished, the offsider turned to the bearded man and began to speak. As he did so, the bearded man shot him a look which silenced him immediately, and motioned for the offsider to follow him.

The pair moved to the bow of the craft, downwind and as far away from other ears which were most likely only feigning apathy. With a look to the others on deck, the bearded man motioned for the offsider to speak, and took another drink from the bottle as he listened.

"I couldn't hear what they were saying, but I certainly wonder if they were talking about us again. I bet they think they could make a pretty penny off the pair of us." speculated the offsider.

"I doubt anyone would be interested in paying for you" retorted the bearded man as he stared down at his subordinate with a look of contempt.

"Of course, of course. But I think they are up to something. Can you trust this friend of yours in Bellerophon?"

"We would not be on this damned boat if I didn't. Regardless, when we arrive, these dirty seadogs will be taken care of," replied the bearded man as he wiped his hirsuit face.

"But what if they don't take us to the arranged spot? I think they are planning something." whispered the offsider as he looked around the deck nervously.

The bearded man spoke calmly to assure the offsider, "You worry too much Joachim. They haven't been paid yet and they think my friend at the rendezvous has the rest of their money. Relax, everything will be fine. We will get the new start we deserve." A friendly grasp of the offsiders shoulder told him that the conversation was over, and the bearded man began to move towards the cabin. Draining the last few drops from the bottle as he walked away, the bearded man disappeared into the cabin below.

Present day
The newly appointed manager of The Arcadian Islands football team, Nial Moro, sat on the front verandah of his tripartite wooden house which he had only purchased earlier in the year. Looking over the beaches of eastern Cygnet Island the manager watched the sun drop slowly behind the horizon, a neat Arcadian Rum in hand. Finishing his drink, Moro returned the glass to the small side table next to him with a wince; he had yet to get used to this local sugar cane rum, despite its similarities to the equivalent drink of his homeland.

As he flicked through a dossier prepared by his assistant, Ted, the manager listened to the sound of the waves crash on the beach nearby. Moro had always found the melodic rhythm somewhat soothing. Forcing himself to concentrate, he returned to the work before him and skimmed through the papers; much of it was incomplete with the draw still unknown albeit imminent. Moro was sure that Ted would compile the relevant facts about their group opponents when they were known; after all this wasn't the first time the pair had done this.

Reading through various facts and information about Iturributa and Ossidiacqua, Moro weighed the benefits of each country in his head. Certainly both had their quirks, however whichever country they ended up travelling to Moro thought the squad would be able to cope. Thinking of the squad, Moro looked across the team sheet included in the dossier. Whilst none of the players had any international caps, Moro saw potential in the side to mount a serious challenge to their opponents. His work was certainly cut out for him, however these were the sort of situations in which he was known to thrive.
Last edited by Arcadian Islands on Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The New Roman Imperialists
Lobbyist

Founded: May 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Roman Imperialists » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:57 am

New Roman Imperialists roster:

Goalies:
Quarto Lori
Liviano Napolitani

Defenders:
Uberto Cattaneo
Costante Bergamaschi
Lionello Cattaneo
Nazario Davide
Edilo Capon
Eustorgio Rossi

Midfielders:
Dionisio Toscani
Settimio Calabrese
Dani Trevisan
Colombano Fanucci
Mario Piccio
Venerando Palermo

Strikers:
Danilo Sagese
Ildebrando Di Luca
Abbondio Giordino
Ernesto Siciliani

Choose my scorers: Y
Godmod scoring: N
RP injuries: Y
Godmod injuries: N
Yellow cards: Y
Red cards: Y
Godmod other: N

Northern Sunrise Islands
Minister

Founded: May 05, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Northern Sunrise Islands » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:22 am

NORTHERN SUNRISE ISLANDS NATIONAL BAPTISM OF FIRE 48 ROSTER
THE MARILLS

STARTERS
RESERVES

GK: Andy Cunnington (FK Kesley - Andossa Se Mitrin Vega)
GK: Wayne Gratlinn (Hegdellin Acai - Andossa Se Mitrin Vega)

LB: Justin Redwing (Bayer Rossenwulf - Flock Nation) [Captain]
GK: Harri Benepleté (Piossa Juhinx - Andossa Se Mitrin Vega)

CB: Matthew Di Martine (Loire-Mourenx - Andossa Se Mitrin Vega)
LB: Andressa de Souza (Lynder Frosslasses - Northern Sunrise Islands)

CB: Josué Pedrotti (Hegedellin Acai - Andossa Se Mitrin Vega)
CB: Nicholas Seanneury (Ayeville Pikachus - Northern Sunrise Islands)

RB: Anthony Hawk (Minigoleada - Dainer)
CB: Lucas Galhardo (Carnival City Samba - Northern Sunrise Islands)

DMF: Marcelo Lima (Piossa Juhinx - Andossa Se Mitrin Vega)
RB: Larissa Souza (Neuville Scythers - Northern Sunrise Islands)

CMF: Damien Bonapart (Pomona - Free South Califas)
DMF: Harry Madie (Lynder Frosslasses - Northern Sunrise Islands)

CMF: Felipe Pessoa (Matthew City Senators - Northern Sunrise Islands)
CMF: Guillermo Di Luca (Montfort Wanderers - Licentiapacisterra)

OMF: Michael Leminski (Olhiderts - Dainer)
CMF: Guilherme Abuda (Calexico - Free South Califas)

LW: Francisco de Sousa (Errion Vega FK - Andossa Se Mitrin Vega)
OMF: Leonard Starling (Selyne City Athenians - Northern Sunrise Islands)

RW: Larissa Pereira (Corona - Free South Califas)
CF: Martin Greenvile (Illinopolis FC - Albundania)

CF: Freddie Brother (Brentwood Charizards - Northern Sunrise Islands)

SS: Nico Jamesson (Matthew City Senators - Northern Sunrise Islands)

SS: Louise Madouette (Lynder Frosslasses - Northern Sunrise Islands)

LW: Sofia Xene (Tarruço - Dainer)

RW: Eduardo Costa (Ayeville Pikachus - Northern Sunrise Islands)

Coach: Lynette Bourbon [Style: +2,5]

DE PLACA
Now printed in Japanese and Maori!

BAPTISM OF FIRE
Lynette Bourbon announces the Marills who will participate at the Baptism of Fire 48
Written by Bret Lindevich

Chosen as the coach for the Marills, Lynette Bourbon, experienced as the coach from the Matthew City Rangers, who obtained the League One and League Two of NSI consecutively. She, however, avoided putting any player from the Rangers, yet has added Nico Jamesson, from the Sens. Mostly using young players for the team, the most interesting called player is Michael Leminski, who reeched a very nice season at Dainer. Also, Justin Redwing, who was playing at the defunct nation of Lavonian Islands and was then transfered to Bayer Rossenwulf recently, will continue as the Captain of the Marills this tournament.
Also, many traveling agencies have already developed a travel plan to both Iturributa and Ossidiacqua, using the Baptism of Fire as a reason to travel. Most of the Sunrisians, however, think of the visit as a way to know new places as the Rushmore continent is oftenly considered a place to go in Vacations. The Marills already scheduled their traveling to their home country as soon as the table is defined. See you there!

RP PERMISSIONS:
Godmoding injuries shall not be accepted against NSI. Also, if you want to give a red card to my players, TG me first. All others are allowed.
Last edited by Northern Sunrise Islands on Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tails... Watch out, you're gonna crash, aaaaah!
Project +90 | Sunrise's Sportwires (shared with Dainer) | PokéCard ~ Label Guide
Champion: WC 75 and 76, U-15 WC 4 and 6, DBC 29 and 41
Now known as Kita-Hinode

Democratic States of Fenbar
Envoy

Founded: May 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic States of Fenbar » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:57 pm

THE FENTON CHRONICLE
20/7/12
5 Fensters

EXCITEMENT BUILDS AS TEAM ARRIVE IN OSSIDIACQUA

The DS of Fenbar football squad touched down in Ossidiacqua yesterday, ready to take the footballing world by storm. Although it is still unknown whether they will be playing group matches in Ossidiacqua or Iturributa, they will be staying in a hotel near the airport to watch the draw, and see who their first 5 opponents will be. They aren't the only Fenbarrics on the move though, as thousands of fans have also travelled to the host countries to cheer on their heroes.

Captain Jack Ackle said in a press conference that the team will be spurred on by recent failure, having been knocked out of the Fenbar Football Cup in the semi-finals less than two weeks ago. The striker, who holds the National record for most International goals, said 'It was a huge disappointment to get knocked out in the semis, but it means we are even more dedicated to winning the Baptism of Fire.'

Team Manager Michael Griffiths in a thoughtful mood.

Permissions are on team roster on previous post.
Last edited by Democratic States of Fenbar on Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Demonym: Fenbarric | Trigramme: DSF | RP pop: 280 600 000 | Capital: Fenton | Monarch: King Lucas II
Runners-up: World Twenty20 Championships VI
Quarter-Finals: Baptism of Fire 48, World Twenty20 Championships III
Games of the IX Olympiad: 11 Golds - 2 Silvers - 9 Bronzes - 22 Medals
Other: 1st Kabaddi World Champs, 1st Fenbarric Cup runners up, 2nd Fenbarric Cup 3rd, 1st FCS 5th

Horusland
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Horusland » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:23 pm

HorusLand's Baptism of Fire National Team Revealed!

HorusLand's squad for the 48th Baptism of Fire has been released!

HorusLand will be using the Metodo (2-3-2-3)Formation.

Sadly, because of the lack of time until the deadline and the start of the tournament, HorusLand did not reveal some information, such as the players' kits, coaches, managers, or personal information.

NATIONAL SQUAD: The first 11 players listed are the starting players.				
Details
Number Name Position
1 Horatiu Alexandrescu Goalkeeper
2 Sergiu Petran Fullback
3 Dragos Ionescu Fullback
4 Nicolae Constantin Left Halfback
5 Robert Furedi Centre Halfback
6 Doruk Aslan Right Halfback
7 Istvan Yankovic Inside Forward
8 Alfred Nikolajsen Inside Forward
9 Eliasz Sokolof Left Winger
10 Konstantyn Novakolsky Right Winger
11 Klaudijs Ozolins Centre Forward
12 Thanasis Colonomos Goalkeeper
13 Rolf Almstedt Goalkeeper
14 Alonzo Battaglia Fullback
15 Giorgio Bazzoli Fullback
16 Shaun Gallagher Left Halfback
17 Aurelien Giullory Centre Halfback
18 Matthias Burrell Right Halfback
19 Boris Dorian Inside Forward
20 Adrian Radu Inside Forward
21 Patric Ionescu Left Winger
22 Marius Toadere Right Winger
23 Traian Rusu Centre Forward

Roster

Choose my goalscorers - Y
Godmod scoring events - Y
RP injuries to my players - Y, but only small ones
Godmod injuries to my players - Y, but, again, only small injuries
Hand out yellow cards to my players - Y
Hand out red cards to my players - N
Godmod other events - Y
A series of strange bipolar phenomena collectively known as adolescence, taking over a nation formerly terrorizing NSG as an awkward and slightly braindead child.

Cosmic Censorship
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmic Censorship » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:03 pm

The Cosmic Censorship squad has been criticised by some for its amazingly small size and resultant lack of balance. A further bone of contention has been the fact that all of the squad members play for the same team, FK Scaramouche. Nevertheless, spirits—including those of the alcoholic variety— are high ahead of the 48th Baptism of Fire. Everybody is eager to find out whether they will be based in Ossidiacqua or Iturributa, and who will face them in their group. Ganzfeld in particular seemed ecstatic about his country's arrival on the world stage; when asked whether he was excited, the captain had this to say: 'By golly, yes I am!'

The excitement is justified. For all the concerns about depth, the starting XI itself shapes up pretty well. Pepys in goal is able. He may well have a lot of work to do. He is not a flying fish but he is solid, possessed of a grand build and will boss the defence efficiently where needed. It might be needed a lot. Boyle and Hooke are enterprising fullbacks. They will bound forwards when they can. Both can cross with great precision. They are great tacticians but their propensity for attack may leave the less adventurous Flamsteed exposed. The centre-half is a shrewd observer and will hold the line as best he can. He will deal confidently with attackers, and his passes and clearances are long-ranging. He has a lot to do though, and will look to help from Wren. Wren will hope to be the architect of all Cosmic attacks. His tactical nous will be invaluable in the middle of the park, and he does not want to be stifled by defensive duties. If he fires, then the four flamboyant men ahead of him will really have a chance. Villiers and Wilmot are the jewels in the Cosmic crown. Wilmot in particular will leave many a defender for dead with his skill and pace. Sedley and Sackville are less spectacular, but very good on their day. Expect wonderful—or woeful—interplay between the four. Upfront, Scott—the coach's son— should be provided with plenty of chances. He is fast and powerful and will look to tuck away everything he gets, although his heading isn't fantastic. Ganzfeld floats about; he can and will play everywhere. There is only one substitute: the coach's younger brother Henry, a striker.

Position	Name			Club
GK Samuel Pepys FK Scaramouche
RB Robert Boyle FK Scaramouche
CD John Flamsteed FK Scaramouche
LB Robert Hooke FK Scaramouche
DM Christopher Wren FK Scaramouche
RM Charles Sackville FK Scaramouche
CM George Villiers FK Scaramouche
CM John Wilmot FK Scaramouche
LM Charles Sedley FK Scaramouche
ST James Scott FK Scaramouche
(any) Ganzfeld (c) FK Scaramouche

Substitute
ST Henry Stuart FK Scaramouche

Manager: Charles Stuart, Jr.
Assistant manager: Jack Ketch

Permissions
Choose my scorers: Yes
Godmod scoring: Yes
RP injuries: No
Godmod injuries: No
Yellow cards: Yes
Red cards: No
Godmod other: Yes

Mashiki
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mashiki » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:23 pm

Mashiki's BoF 48 Roster

Football is the national sport in Mashiki in every form. Yet the upcoming Baptism of Fire, has been long awaited throughout the country, since it is the first major football tournament that us Mashiks have entered. Teams have been picked through a trials process once again like other tournaments we have entered, but these trial have been much more popular, and likewise much more intense. Some people were actually injured by other participants, and were therefore banned from the process. But eventually a couple of months later the people of the team were picked:

Manager: Signa Twaqulu - After his Swamp Soccer World Cup success as coming runners-up, Signa is back to coach Mashiki's finest at a bigger stage.
Name - Age
Goalkeepers:
Dimitor Vashalka - 18
Finsha - 28
Manto Hookla - 24

Defenders:
Bashka Wimpal-Mateng - 23
Lampala Gandal - 32
Kipra Drapov - 21
Mantaso Drist - 35
Didiak Mashk - 21
Dask Lalk - 32
Miliak Guahka - 23

Midfielders:
Firenze Firike - 21
Walis Dushkin - 24
Dilio Menz - 31
Vantak Donté - 26
Salla Denchski - 18
Didinho - 25
Santak Hostella - 32
Mantonta Fallo - 17

Forwards:
Papovski - 24
Papovska - 24
Fantal Danka - 27
Gustavo Milanetti - 31
Daskla Hontoo - 35

Lineup: Formation: 3-2-3-2 Attacking
GK - Vashalka
RB - Wimpal-Mateng
CB - Drapov
LB - Lalk (Left Corner Taker)
RDM - Menz (Captain + Long Free-kick taker)
LDM - Donté
RAM - Firike
CAM - Denchski
LAM - Didinho (Left Corner Taker)
LF - Papovski (Penalty Taker)
RF - Papovska (Short Free-Kick Taker)

I allow my opponent to:
Choose my scorers: Y
Godmod Scoring Events: Y
Give Injuries: Y (1 per match)
Godmod Injuries: N
Yellow Cards: Y (Up to 2 per match)
Red Cards: N
Godmod other events: Y (within reason)
RP Population: 76,000,000
Very Conservative. Don't really like foreigners.

Winner of Swamp Soccer World Cup III
Runner-up at Swamp Soccer World Cup II
Ranks: Football - 66

Iturributa
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Iturributa » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:28 pm

Baptism of Fire 48: Group Stage Draw

Apologies for the slight tardiness, and I'll take this chance to inform the competitors in the groups I will be scorinating (F - I) that my regular cutoff time for MD1 (9PM EST) falls right in the middle of a flight I'm taking back home that night. Therefore, my MD1 RP cutoff will be several hours later, I suspect about four. I hope nobody is severely harmed by this, and twenty hours should still be ample time to roleplay; the alternative would be moving back the schedule a whole day, which will be done if I don't get the cutoff in within a reasonable frame of time, but would otherwise be excessive in my opinion. Anyhow, and without further ado, your groups for the 48th Baptism of Fire:

A - E to be played in Ossidiacqua
Group A
Apox
Aosta
Northern Sunrise Islands
Earo
Urbis Tractus
Dark

Group B
Leorudo
Mesoland
Wellboneland
Vielha
Oswaldia
Boyznichov

Group C
Danaelia
Zandistan
Balma
Sicountimont
The nordic land of Skyrim
Kingdom of Phoenixia

Group D
Backyard Sports
Anollasia
Yorobia
Bisim
Redaya
Aqusul

Group E
Timfen
Peripanland
Deep Fried Pickles
Bongo Johnson
Wild Isle
HorusLand

F - I to be played in Iturributa
Group F
Romili
Inthelittlenation
The Scandinavian Islands
Vamprican-Krumbian Confederacy
Catocton
Mashiki

Group G
The New Roman Imperialists
Daydreamtopia
Sundsborg
United Federation of the World
Wihsirmir Taoul di wer Qumadosfan
Malt

Group H
Arcadian Islands
Cosmic Censorship
Vindesby
Remad
Conclespia

Group I
Aexalla
Deadmans
Altito Asmoro
Kerblaekistan
Artsakhestan
Westros
The Free Republic of Iturributa
Co-hosts of Baptism of Fire 48
Operating in exile after annexation by Astograth

Danaelia
Secretary

Founded: Mar 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Danaelian Preview

Postby Danaelia » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:06 pm

The Diwah Tribute
The Danaelian Baptism Of Fire 48 Journey
What Matters Is The Successes In The Baptism Of Fire 48.

Your Danaelian Football Kaki - Tiziano Aldo - It must be a rare sight for me to write about this little part of this newspaper.The Danaelian team has been drawn into Group C of the BoF 48 group stage.Faced with several other unranked teams,namely Zandistan,Balma,Sicountimont,The Nordic Land Of Skyrim and Kingdom Of Phoenixia.This five teams have what it really takes to spoil the game of Danaelia,but manager Angelina is confident of finishing the group stage with a group title and an unbeatable streak.Why the big expectation for the Danaelian team even though little is proven about the strength of the Danaelian team other than a 18-1 defeat to Mapletish.Much has been proven about the defensive and offensive weakness of the team.

Despite that,Angelina has put in a strict approach for the team,with more emphasis on teamwork and offensive procession.[i]Why the need of such measures?
The Danaelian team is still quite inexperienced on the international stage and the brand new addition of teamwork above individual skill will help the team to achieve their ambitions.Measuring the successes of the Mapletish Baptism Of Fire 44's third place finish,Angelina has put in a more ambitious goal,a Baptism Of Fire 48 victory.There's a lot to prove for the inexperienced Danaelian team.

Ingmar Otto is the man to watch,he is compared to the Lions' tailsman Junio but under Angelina,she has made it clear that she wouldn't want a player bringing the entire defence at his feet unless he is a player from Krytenia or any nations from the top 10 of the world rankings.Fans are looking forward to looking at the prospect of the Danaelian team to match the high expectations that are set for them under Angelina.
The Central Union Danei Maximus of Danaelia - Pop. 15,000,000
Capital: Diwah - Demonym: Danaelian/Danaelish - Trigramme: DAL

Romili
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 02, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Romili » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:34 am

Group F!

A few hours ago the BoF 48 group draw was taken. Group F our national team was drawn into with Inthelittlenation,The Scandinavian Islands, Vamprican-Krumbian Confederacy, Catocton and Mashiki. The only team known to us are Intelittlenation who we beat 2-0 in the Romili Cup.

The national team flew to Iturributa and landed in its national airport safely. The journey to our hotel past many beautiful buildings in the host nations capital. The fresh fish were delicous! The team drove past all of the stadiums and have got a feel for the hosts of our group.

The team hopes to play in the Old City Stadium as often as possible but doesnt mind if it doesnt. The team has 20,000 travelling supporters so the 72,000 seater in Iturributa would be preferable. This is our international debut so we hope we do well!
Participants:World Cup 61 and Baptism of Fire 48, VII Summer Olympics
Host: Romili Cup 1
Rofu Owen I, His Eternal Majesty the Eternal Emperor Owen I, The Founder of Romili ,His Majesty the Emperor Owen I, President Owen, Head of the Emperors Council, Head of the Peoples Council, God, Founder of the Osin, Founder of the Sino.

Apox
Minister

Founded: Jun 30, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Apox » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:23 am

Apox in Group A

Apox are the first team to be drawn in the entire champioship, into Group A, a group where we are unsure of the the teams playing and their histories. The only team we do know are The Northern Sunrise islands who we lost to 4-1 in the Romili Cup. The other teams are frankly a mystery to us, but we would like to end up top of the group, or at the very least, qualifying for the next round.

Our team have been training in Ossidacqua for the last 5 days, getting used to the country and the playing conditions. Spirits are high and everyone is fit and rested. Here we go...
The History of Modern NSSports internationalpost.apx (Newswire) The Apoxian Compendium
Winners: Campionato Esportiva IV, V & XVI, World T20 Championships VI, Imperial Chap Olympiad
Runners-up: CoH 58, World T20 Championships V, Campionato Esportiva XII
Third: Campionato Esportiva XIII
Fourth: Campionato Esportiva VII & XV
Baptism of Fire 50, Cup of Harmony 56, World Cup 69, World Cup 73, World Cup 82
Friendly Cups 2 & 6, World T20 Championships II, Campionato Esportiva IV, VIII, XII & XXIII, GCF Season 4, 8 & 10

Kingdom of Phoenixia
Senator

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kingdom of Phoenixia » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:56 am

ooc: please note the patriotic phoenix is a radical newspaper which represents only 0,4 % of all Phoenixians. So don't be offended.

the patriotic Phoenix 21/7/2012
Group C will take the wrath of the Phoenix !

Yesterday the Baptism of Fire Nr. 48 started with the drawing of the Group-Stages. This was the first official appointment for the whole team your local correspondent witnessed the horror in the looks of Danaelia, Zandistan, Balma, Sicountimont and the Nordic land of Skyrim as the last ball shows the emblem of the phoenix. Thats right the Kingdom choose his prey for the first round of the competition.
Samuel Fudge windy recognized analysts spoke clear words.
" On this stage of the tournament it is impossible to say what will happen but I wouldn't surprised if the Kingdom smashes the whole group."
You see my fellow readers, don't believe the scandalous libertarian propaganda, Phoenixia will got the only thing we are qualify to earn, the victory of the Baptism of Fire Nr. 48 !

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports